WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Non Title Match: 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]nWo United States Champion 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero and Psicosis v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] [B]Perry Saturn[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus WCW Television Championship: Stevie Ray (c) v Disco Inferno v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [B]Bret 'Hitman' Hart[/B] v Konnan The Great Muta v [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Kidman [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka WCW World Heavyweight Championship Rematch: [B]Sting[/B] (c) v Scott Hall

Noooooooo! Not DDP too?! Damn you nWo, damn you all! Great PPV. Loved the Flair promo before his match, loved the "and he did take a good splat" line, loved the Jericho promo and overall, loved the PPV. If this were any other diary I would question adding even further to the nWo, but as it is you and after all our chats about WCW I know you're taking this a good way. However, it was very unrealistic having Hogan jobbing cleanly I mean seriously, Tristy, what were you thinking?! That would never.... EEEEEVVVVEEEERRRR happen in real life :rolleyes: Non Title Match: 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]nWo United States Champion 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]If DDP loses it tonight would make a mockery of the US Title, what with it changing holder so often[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero and Psicosis v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] [I]Just because Eddie has had the upper hand for a while- love your handling of him, by the way[/I] [B]Perry Saturn[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus [I]Saturn probably has a little more to offer right now, but I did always like Morrus[/I] WCW Television Championship: Stevie Ray (c) v [B]Disco Inferno[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [I]Malenko has had to build up to this match, even though he would be best to win it, and after Disco's confrontation on Superbrawl I say he picks up the win and will be highly entertaining as champ too[/I] [B]Bret 'Hitman' Hart[/B] v Konnan [I]Hart to job to Konnan after Konnan jobbed to Goldberg? I sure hope not, unless it has a screwy ending. But even if it does, someone more appropriate than Konnan should benefit[/I] The Great Muta v [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]Nice. Benoit will keep the momentum going in to his big push up the card[/I] Bill Goldberg v [B]Kidman[/B] [I]Ha, only kidding. Maybe a post match beatdown from the Flock leading to a Goldberg vs Flock sotryline, culminating in a Raven PPV match? Maybe...[/I] [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [I]Oooooh yeah[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship Rematch: [B]Sting (c) [/B]v Scott Hall [I]And I expect to see an appearance from the Stingers next big challenger afterwards...[/I]

Nice PPV man, athought I did suspected a little bit that this might happen. I had an lol moment when you did the whole "down there" comment. Non Title Match: 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]nWo United States Champion 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] It would not make any sense to job to Kanyon right now. WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero and Psicosis v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] I'm up in the air for this one [B]Perry Saturn[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus WCW Television Championship: [B]Stevie Ray[/B] (c) v Disco Inferno v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Don't really care for Stevie athought I know he's going to win [B]Bret 'Hitman' Hart[/B] v Konnan The Great Muta v [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Kidman [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka WCW World Heavyweight Championship Rematch: [B]Sting [/B](c) v Scott Hall

TRIST...did I ever tell you you're my idol? Great Pay Per View. Two biggest surprises of the night though...DDP NWO obviously...and then...Hogan jobbing to Savage. I was definatley not expecting that one. You definatley don't have Hogan with his creative control card working in your game;) Great show though, but then again then are all great. You took one of the only guys that never officially went Black and White...well he and Jericho of course...and made him NWO. We'll see how it plays off. That wouild've been like an early Stone Cold joining DX...lol Anyways, good stuff. Non Title Match: 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v nWo United States Champion [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] Um, talk about hype. There is no way DDP is jobbing after his huge ordeal last night. Then again, Sting MIGHT just get involved. WCW Cruiserweight Champion [B]Eddie Guerrero and Psicosis [/B]v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr It's a toss up. I'll go with the champ on this one. [B]Perry Saturn[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus Good WCW lower card action, Give it to Saturn. WCW Television Championship: Stevie Ray (c) v Disco Inferno v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] For some reason I'm feeling a little change here. Hopefully, I'm right. [B]Bret 'Hitman' Hart[/B] v Konnan Probably will last about as long as the Goldberg match at the Pay Per View. The Great Muta v [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] Benoit is on a roll. [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Kidman Um, what can I say. [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka Savage over Hogan the night before? Yea, I don't think La Parka is going to take the limelight away from the Macho Man WCW World Heavyweight Championship Rematch: [B]Sting (c)[/B] v Scott Hall A different night...the same result.

[B]Quick Tips[/B] Non Title Match: 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]nWo United States Champion 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero and Psicosis v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] [B]Perry Saturn[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus WCW Television Championship: Stevie Ray (c) v [B]Disco Inferno [/B]v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [B]Bret 'Hitman' Hart [/B]v Konnan The Great Muta v [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [B]Bill Goldberg [/B]v Kidman [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage [/B]v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka WCW World Heavyweight Championship Rematch: Sting (c) v Scott Hall [B]No Contest (Or just a regular draw)[/B]

[QUOTE=G-Prime;461063]Great PPV mate, loved the DDP turn.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, must admit, I was a bit worried about how that may go down... but I kept thinking Jersey Shore Triad and thinking how underrated a heel DDP was with that (plus the fact that whole period allowed for some of the best tag team wrestling ever ;-) ) [QUOTE=keefmoon;461092]Noooooooo! Not DDP too?! Damn you nWo, damn you all! Great PPV. Loved the Flair promo before his match, loved the "and he did take a good splat" line, loved the Jericho promo and overall, loved the PPV. If this were any other diary I would question adding even further to the nWo, but as it is you and after all our chats about WCW I know you're taking this a good way. However, it was very unrealistic having Hogan jobbing cleanly I mean seriously, Tristy, what were you thinking?! That would never.... EEEEEVVVVEEEERRRR happen in real life :rolleyes: Non Title Match: 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]nWo United States Champion 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]If DDP loses it tonight would make a mockery of the US Title, what with it changing holder so often[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero and Psicosis v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] [I]Just because Eddie has had the upper hand for a while- love your handling of him, by the way[/I] [B]Perry Saturn[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus [I]Saturn probably has a little more to offer right now, but I did always like Morrus[/I] WCW Television Championship: Stevie Ray (c) v [B]Disco Inferno[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [I]Malenko has had to build up to this match, even though he would be best to win it, and after Disco's confrontation on Superbrawl I say he picks up the win and will be highly entertaining as champ too[/I] [B]Bret 'Hitman' Hart[/B] v Konnan [I]Hart to job to Konnan after Konnan jobbed to Goldberg? I sure hope not, unless it has a screwy ending. But even if it does, someone more appropriate than Konnan should benefit[/I] The Great Muta v [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]Nice. Benoit will keep the momentum going in to his big push up the card[/I] Bill Goldberg v [B]Kidman[/B] [I]Ha, only kidding. Maybe a post match beatdown from the Flock leading to a Goldberg vs Flock sotryline, culminating in a Raven PPV match? Maybe...[/I] [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [I]Oooooh yeah[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship Rematch: [B]Sting (c) [/B]v Scott Hall [I]And I expect to see an appearance from the Stingers next big challenger afterwards...[/I][/QUOTE] Oh you know my feelings on the nWo.. ;-) I have to say this, with the way I've booked this all to unfold, that's exactly what it is, an unfold. In other words, the nWo will not be crushed in the next month. It won't die in two months. Hell, who knows, it may even take over (or not). But the truth of the matter is by the time WCW rolls into 1999, things would have naturally progressed very nicely. So it's a mixture of realistically what may have been, and my views on what could be. I was very happy with how the Flair promo came across, truth be told I spent like 2 hours just watching Flair interviews to build up the write up of it. Ric is the man I so want to get right, I tried very hard with him in DOWCW and it would be remiss of me to stuff him up here. So I'm glad that interview was appreciated, as always I just try to see it in my head, see if I think it has a loop to the story and whether it's realistic and off it goes. [QUOTE=Sarcasm;461097]Nice PPV man, athought I did suspected a little bit that this might happen. I had an lol moment when you did the whole "down there" comment. Non Title Match: 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]nWo United States Champion 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] It would not make any sense to job to Kanyon right now. WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero and Psicosis v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] I'm up in the air for this one [B]Perry Saturn[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus WCW Television Championship: [B]Stevie Ray[/B] (c) v Disco Inferno v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Don't really care for Stevie athought I know he's going to win [B]Bret 'Hitman' Hart[/B] v Konnan The Great Muta v [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Kidman [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka WCW World Heavyweight Championship Rematch: [B]Sting [/B](c) v Scott Hall[/QUOTE] Heh, I know the Page turn wasn't necessarily all that well disguised. I deliberately followed part of the real WCW/nWo storyline which as you may recall had the Outsiders watching Page from the bleechers, trying to recruit him or at least cause the thought that Page may not have been all that he made out to be. But I kind of think that story fizzled, so there's my twist to it ;-) [QUOTE=mikeyg32118;461104]TRIST...did I ever tell you you're my idol? Great Pay Per View. Two biggest surprises of the night though...DDP NWO obviously...and then...Hogan jobbing to Savage. I was definatley not expecting that one. You definatley don't have Hogan with his creative control card working in your game;) Great show though, but then again then are all great. You took one of the only guys that never officially went Black and White...well he and Jericho of course...and made him NWO. We'll see how it plays off. That wouild've been like an early Stone Cold joining DX...lol Anyways, good stuff. Non Title Match: 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v nWo United States Champion [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] Um, talk about hype. There is no way DDP is jobbing after his huge ordeal last night. Then again, Sting MIGHT just get involved. WCW Cruiserweight Champion [B]Eddie Guerrero and Psicosis [/B]v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr It's a toss up. I'll go with the champ on this one. [B]Perry Saturn[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus Good WCW lower card action, Give it to Saturn. WCW Television Championship: Stevie Ray (c) v Disco Inferno v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] For some reason I'm feeling a little change here. Hopefully, I'm right. [B]Bret 'Hitman' Hart[/B] v Konnan Probably will last about as long as the Goldberg match at the Pay Per View. The Great Muta v [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] Benoit is on a roll. [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Kidman Um, what can I say. [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka Savage over Hogan the night before? Yea, I don't think La Parka is going to take the limelight away from the Macho Man WCW World Heavyweight Championship Rematch: [B]Sting (c)[/B] v Scott Hall A different night...the same result.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, I must say I'm very much enjoying your take on WCW my friend. So there's very much mutual respect and admiration there, for anyone reading this I urge them to give mikey's a good read over, it's a thoroughly entertaining start to what I see being a very fine dynasty on these boards. Heh, who knows, maybe this was one of those moments where the big orange M&M Hulk Hogan was infatuated with Randy Savage. Their relationship is best described in TEW08 as 'simmering', one second bosom buddies, next minute hated enemies. I think Hogan would have wrote in a few of the spots of that match though to show how hard done by he was, so to make it wasn't quite clean :p [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;461120]I actually wanted to see DDP in the nWo. great shows man![/QUOTE] Much appreciated mate. You know what, I really wanted to see Jericho in the nWo. Guess we both got our wishes :D

I love how your handleing NWO. Bringing in quality workers instead of people like Norton etc. Hall and Sting are perhaps my 2 favorite WCW wrestlers of all time, but I really like how you handled them...here's hoping Hall's day will come

Thanks for the cheap plug TRistm...and well...I can't wait for your Nitro. I want to see the DDP explanation...then again when most people join the NWO they hardly ever NEED to explain. Anyways, since you gave me a cheap plus I figured I'd ride the wave and post the link on here, I hope you don't mind:) [URL="http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=33594"]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=33594[/URL] There is is...WCW 98 Putting the Heart Back into the Business

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/nitro.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="6"][B]WCW Monday Nitro Live from the Key Arena, Seattle*, Washington Attendence: 15,000[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] * Sad to see the end of the Seattle Supersonics from afar. They were the team I watched a bit of in the 90s with Kemp, Payton, Schrempf and Perkins. So you can blame them for being responsible for inspiring perhaps the worst basketball career of all time, yours truly :D "We've seen many Benedict Arnold traitors over the years fans, but nothing, except for the heinous turn of Hollywood Hogan in 1996 can compare to the despair our great fans feel about the knife twisting actions of Diamond Dallas Page, last night at SuperBrawl VIII. Hello everybody, I'm Tony Schiavone, and with me as always is Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan and 'The Living Legend' Larry Zbysko. And despite all that, what a momentous night SuperBrawl VIII truly was, with ..." [CENTER][I]Self High Five! NNN...NNN....NEW WORLD ORDER N...W...O FFFF....FFFF....FFFFOR LIFE[/I][/CENTER] "Oh brother, let's get this over and done with. I mean do we have to sit through and listen to what he has to say guys? After the lies of his allegiance and loyalty, surely his actions spoke louder than his words?" The black and white nWo logo spotlights appear down the aisle to the ring, as 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, in his black and white nWo shirt, smoking on a cigar with rich looking black and white shades, along with his wife Kim who is in a black tighting hugging dress are led to the ring by Easy-E 'The Boeing 747' himself, Eric Bischoff. Yes, that stupid airpline swoop of his is evident as he arrogantly leads to the ring his newest protegy. DDP gets in the ring, stands on the corner and pulls off the sign of the Diamond Cutter before signalling to the crowd the nWo sign. "You love me, you really love me," Bischoff praises. "And we love you too! It's great being back in nWo country." The crowd boos. "Oh stop it! What a great night it was for the nWo last night in Houston, Texas." "Oh really? What about Savage beating Hogan? What about Hall losing to Nash? What about Benoit beating Jericho?" Schiavone summises from the commentary position. "Raven, is that you?" Heenan adds. "Last night, something happened that SHOCKED you all. And thus, it was a continuation of the evolution that is the New World Order. I mean god, firstly Hulk Hogan himself joins the Outsiders, then the boss, that's right! The man who signs the pay cheques, me, Eric Bischoff is announced as the secret leader of the group. And now not only Chris Jericho has joined, but also... Diamond Dallas Page! God Kim, that $7,000 dress you bought today on Page's nWo contract looks stunning! Stunning!" "That it does, guys." "But without further adieu, I think it's time to hand it over, so if you could all get on your feet and give a rousing round of applause.... Diamond Dallas PAGE!" Page moves forward arrogantly, as the crowd boos. "You love me, you hate me, but one thing's for sure, you'll never forget me! Now I've got to say I can't believe how easy it was to double cross ... hic hic... dubbya cee dubbya. Flair! Sting! Benoit! Giant! They all fell for it hook, line and sinker. Even today when I walked in here, some punk kid goes... why DDP, why? Well maybe you should ask yourself that, kid. Don't blame me, blame yourself. Why? For all the service DDP gave to ..hic hic... dubbya cee dubbya... what did DDP get back in return? A laughable half a mill per year contract, which I TREBLE here in the nWo. Is that any way to thank a legend like myself? For the past SEVEN years I have given my blood, sweat and tears to WCW, and again I ask, what did that get DDP? I was still well behind the pay rate of all the other ...quote quote stars. And what opportunities did I get? When was my big chance to get the World Heavyweight Championships I so richly deserved? So about a month ago, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Buff Bagwell and Eric Bischoff came to see me. They told me straight, the nWo has the power to force decisions on the WCW Executive Committee. They said if I was nWo, and Bagwell was WCW, then the belt would still be mine. They also told me a few home truths about my contract, what I was not getting, and what I was entitled to. I mean, GOD! This morning I was talking to investment brokers, today I was talking to property agents for property in Aspen, Malibu and Queens. Not Aspen OR Malibu OR Queens... AND." "Come on DDP, tell them the best part of all this. You say this started a month ago bro, tell them the truth, man. It's beautiful." "You really want me to Easy-E?" "You bet." "Okay, why not. When did all this start? When did the true evolution of professional wrestling start? Well, officially 1996. But loosely, this has been going on for a decade. You see, in the late 1980's I was helping out a young man by the name of Curt Hennig up north. You may have heard of him. Also there at the same time was Easy-E. And what should I do? I moved to Atlanta, Georgia, and where you might add? Oh, how about next door to the boss?" "It's true, it's true." "You're damn right it is. We've been talking for years. YEARS! But oh, how about when I first came to WCW? You see, when I came here, to this dump, I managed two young men called.... Hall and Nash. And from there we talked. And that is how it is. Bischoff started talking to another guy by the name of Hogan, I kept in touch with Hall, Nash, Hennig and a friend of his called Rick Rude, and before you know it, here we are in 1998 with the greatest professional wrestling organisation. All fabulously rich, all great wrestling minds, truly creating an evolution for profesisonal wrestling." "But wait, there's more." "Should I tell them?" "Why not?" "Ok. Well, you're all going to look back at 1997 and say, but DDP, you worked your backside off for us. And the truth is, I did. But why, may you ask, if truthfully I was one of the linking masterminds all along behind the nWo? Because it's as I always say with the Diamond Cutter, you never know when, you never know how, but you will...FEEL THE BANG! And likewise here, I had that many comrads up my sleeve. All believing in me. All you punk fans believed in me. But the true question is from all that is who should you believe in? Sting? Flair? Hart? Benoit? Who can you trust? The fact of the matter is, with ...hic hic...dubbya cee dubbya... NOBODY! The truth is, when 1999 rolls around, this show will be known as nWo Nitro. The nWo will be the ruling force of professional wrestling, brother. They all know it too. You know, I've always wanted to truthfully tell you sad punks all this, but..." Just then, the music of 'the Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon hits, and he races down to ringside with referee Billy Silverman in hot pursuit. Looks like Page's confession has been rudely interrupted! [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Non Title Match nWo United States Champion 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v 'The Innovator of Violence' Chris Kanyon[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Well here we go! An intense brawl as Kanyon runs down to lay into Page. It's as if Kanyon feels betrayed by Page, as probably does 99% of the WCW locker room. All of a sudden Page seems to have the cross hairs locked on him. Kanyon is a fine young talent, he will go a long way in my view. Usually his execution of something innovative is something to behold, but it was excellent to see him come in with a pure unadulterated passion. Page was floundering in the corner, until he pulled the oldest trick in the game out, the low blow. From there Kanyon doubled over, and Page very quickly hit the Diamond Cutter for the pinfall. [CENTER] [B]Your Winner: [/B] Via pinfall, Diamond Dallas Page[/CENTER] Post match, Diamond Dallas Page continued laying the boot into the ribs of Chris Kanyon, seemingly intent on repaying him for interrupting the confessional moment of his. Here comes the Giant! The Giant is here! He moves as quickly as he can, and the two men, Page and Giant begin going toe for toe. Giant is starting to get the upper hand, CRASH! Steel chair over the back of the Giant though from 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan, and the powerful monster rolls out of the ring. He's still able to stand on his feet despite the blow, and flicks Page a look that would kill if looks were that potent. 'Hollywood' flicked Page the nWo signal, before taking the microphone from David Penzer. "Brother! Brother! What the hell do you think you're doing? This is Diamond Dallas Page's moment, brother. What the hell do you think you're doing?" As if the Giant cares. "DDP, that's the sort of cr@p you've had to put up with WCW brother. I don't blame you for now starting to think about looking after number one, dude. Oh man..." Hogan embraces Page solemnly. "You're going to learn brother, that when you're with the nWo... it's TOOOOO SWWEEEEEEETTTT. And it's for life too. That big goof there, Giant, that was an oath he wasn't good enough to uphold..." The cameras flick to Giant who turns around as he was walking up the aisle... "Don't write cheques your *** can't bank, Hogan. Don't mess with a Giant." "But enough about him, brothers, because he's a WCW loser. DDP, this is where the power lies brother, right here in the palm of the nWo. I'm glad you took the steps you did all those years ago to lay the seeds for the nWo brother. Because this is a true evolution of professional wrestling. And I'm glad you're now ...officially... part of it, because brother, if there was a harder defender of WCW than you, I've yet to meet him. That includes you you coward Sting, that includes Bret Hart, that includes the Giant. What happened at SuperBrawl VIII shifted the power, for once and for all. DDP, this is... TOOOOOOO SWWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTT!" Hogan and Page embrace again, as we head to a commercial break. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero and Psicosis v Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The excitement picked up here in ring, courtesy of four of the most legendary cruiserweights. I look at one man in this match and say 'underrated'. That man, Psicosis. If you ever look at footage of this guy, he could really go. He was absolutely insane. And he brought that insanity with him to this all action packed five star bout. After Psicosis had laid out Chavo on the outside with an amazing suicide plancha, Eddie Guerrero went to the top looking for a Frog Splash. But Rey lifted the knees, Eddie stumbled on his feet, Rey quickly sprung up and headed to the ropes... SPRINGBOARD HURRICANRANA! He hooks the legs up...1...2....3! [CENTER][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/CENTER] We cut backstage, where 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho catches up with 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and Kim as they walk backstage. "Well, well, well..." The two men stare down at each other, before embracing and exchanging an nWo signal. Jericho moves to Kim and goes to kiss her hand, before giving her a big mouthful. Page just shakes his head. "Bro, bro..." "Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. That dress... Versace isn't it?" "ahh...Yes it is." "You know dresses, bro?" Page asked. "Something like that. Oh, listen, ummm...you're dressing room. Time to introduce you to your dressing room. Remember what it was like with WCW? You had to share a dressing room with 30 guys, jockstraps flying around everywhere.." "Yeah...What?" "You know..." "No, I don't remember that. I remember it was smelly, it was steamy, and I remember I always had to sit in between Meng and the Barbarian, AFTER eating some highly potent Pacific Islands food, but I don't recall that." "Oh..? Well, anyway, right this way, this is your exclusive dressing room for tonight." Jericho opens up a black door, and inside the room is absolutely luxurious. Leather recliners, book shelf, private ensuite bathroom with a jacuzi in the corner, large screen television, and a maid with a platter of small foods. "Whoa..." "Not bad huh? Being in the nWo is good. Infact, you could say it's.... tooooo sweeeeeeeet." "I think we could live this life, right Kim?" Kim smiles as we cut away. "Last night guys," Schiavone begins, "we had an enthralling bout between Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Raven. Early on, Bret Hart took advantage of Raven's eery persona.." We see a still of Hart going to town kicking the ribs of Raven as he slumps in the corner. "But he seemed to enjoy it.." Next still is of Raven smiling in the corner. "Raven then took Hart outside and began to create some ascendency..." The next still is Hart doubled over on the outside with Raven about to hit him with a double ax handle. "But then it went back into the ring and the Excellence of Execution as he is wont to do, took control, and put Raven into the Sharpshooter!" We see a still photograph of Hart hooking it on. "But look at Raven's reaction, he actually passed out from the Sharpshooter, but seemed to enjoy it." The final photograph is the referee calling for the bell with Raven out, but smiling. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Perry Saturn v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Two crazy guys, both with a lot of power, and perhaps both haven't been utilised as well as they could have in WCW. Morrus has been around for a few years, and with quite a lot of size he can still hit an amazing moonsault. Saturn is like Kanyon, very innovative and almost quasi Raven too in the fact he doesn't mind for a bit of pain. This one was back and forward with lots of clubbing hard blows, before Saturn pulled Morrus into a roll up...1...2... Morrus rolled him over, but his hands held onto his tights!! 1...2....3! What a cheap win! [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Hugh Morrus[/CENTER] After the break, we hear the bagpipes blaring, as here comes 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, in his Scottish kilt wearing a white Hot Rod shirt. The ring mat is covered with a tarten cloth, and two stools. This is Piper's Den. "You know, I was asked a question as I walked into the Key Arena here tonight. And that question was, what makes me so ... rowdy? And I said, pal, I WAS ROWDY BEFORE ROWDY WAS COOL! HAHA! And it's true. I invented being rowdy, pal. Speaking of rowdy, my guest tonight is not rowdy. He's a loser, he's a liar, he's a cheat, he's a parasite. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Scott Hall!" [CENTER][I]NNN...NNN...NEW WORLD ORDER N...W...O FFF...FFFOR LIFE TTTTOOOO SWEEEEEEEEET[/I][/CENTER] Here comes Hall, after being beaten last night for the World Heavyweight Championship by Sting. He gets in the ring, does his machine gun thing, and then flicks his tooth pick at Roddy Piper. "What was that for?" "Yo, you said I wasn't rowdy." "That's not rowdy, that's just being a bonehead. You know why? Huh? Because you don't pick a fight with a man with loaded machine guns like me! You're a no good loser Hall, Sting did to you what everyone else wanted to. Prove you're a chump." "Is that so?" "Yeah, that's right." "I'm a chump?" "Yeah, you are." "Oh what, oh what sort of retort can I give you to that, Roddy. Huh? Well, I'll tell you what. You see, I've been known to go around and take a little survey. So here goes. How many of you are here to see.... dubbya cee dubbya." There is a reasonable round of roars. "Okay...Okay... How many of you are here to see... the nWo?" The crowd boos heavily. "Survey says, one more for the good guys." "That doesn't prove you're not a chump, pal." "No, you're right. But this does..." BANG! Hall just dropped Piper with a hard right hand. "Actually, Piper, even that doesn't. You see, a chump would walk about from a fight, wouldn't he? Well, I'm here aren't I? I'm not walking away from nothing. You hear that Sting? I'm not walking away from nothing. How about you? Are you a chump? Are you a champ? How about a rematch Sting, right here, in Seattle, Washington, for the World...Heavyweight...Championship?" The sounds of thunder echo around the arena, as Sting drops from the rafters!!! He gets to the ring, detaches from the safety device, and points the bat at Hall, before dropping it to the mat. Sting pulls back the trenchcoat to reveal the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, before taking Piper's microphone. "If the fans want it..." The fans begin to chant...STING! STING! STING! STING! "They got it. Tonight... IT'S SHOWTIME, FOLKS!" We cut to the back, where 'Macho Man' Randy Savage is walking through the arena's back halls. Miss Elizabeth taps him on the shoulder from behind. "What do you want, oooh yeah?" "I... I... I just want to congratulate you on last night." "Listen here and listen good, we aren't an item. I don't need you Elizabeth. I never have, and I never will. You dig it?" After threatening Miss Elizabeth, he turns around another corner, where Bret 'The Hitman' Hart waits with his hand extended. "I just want to say last night Savage, you proved yourself to be a real man. You proved you don't need the nWo. I'm proud of you, you learned a lesson from the one I beat into you at Souled Out. No hard feelings, Randy.." Savage looks at his hand, but does not offer his. "You listen here and you listen good Hart, OOOH YEAH in your mind I may have shown you and you alone that I don't need the nWo OOH YEAH but I sure as hell don't need you either!" He storms off, leaving both Elizabeth and Hart shocked by his intensity. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW Television Championship Stevie Ray (c) v Disco Inferno v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tony Schiavone hyped that last night Disco Inferno confirmed himself to have a shot at the WCW Television title tonight, but last night after SuperBrawl VIII the WCW Executive Committee unanamously made this a three man bout with Dean Malenko to be involved also. Stevie Ray was definitely up against it, not only the brash Disco Inferno, but the technically profound genius Dean Malenko. Stevie Ray really didn't have a hope in hell, and quickly tried to get a disqualification but referee Mickey Jay saw right through it and told Stevie Ray he wouldn't retain that way tonight. Stevie Ray then went on the offensive on Disco Inferno in particular and ended up throwing the diminutive disco jiver to the floor, but this left him in the ring with Dean Malenko, who proceeded to give Stevie Ray a wrestling lesson. And he ended up becoming the new WCW Television Champion, when he forced the Harlem native to tap out to the Texas Cloverleaf! Is there a more deserving Television Champion than Malenko? I think not! [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and NEW WCW Television Champion, Dean Malenko[/CENTER] Post match, Dean Malenko was given the belt, which he proceeded to kiss. This was a very proud moment for the second generation superstar. "What a fitting moment! Dean Malenko is such a magnificent wrestler, such a hard toiler, and he will become one of the true all time greats here in WCW." "Hard to argue with that Tony, that humanoid just gave it to Stevie Ray and as quick to find a short cut as Stevie Ray is, there was no way out for him." [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Konnan v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Konnan came to the ring with a noticeable limp, it seemed he was selling being destroyed by Goldberg very well. And it made for a short bout, as Bret Hart was really able to dominate methodically from the outset, and force Konnan to tap to the Sharpshooter. [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, Bret Hart[/CENTER] Post match, Bret Hart took a microphone from David Penzer. "You know, I sit back and look at the cowards in this organisation. Of course I am talking about you Diamond Dallas Page. Last night you turned your back on an oath. A pledge of allegiance to what is right went out the window. You became a coward chasing personally glory when the fight for survival for integrity and honour and the WCW is long and hard. Scott Hall, you made Diamond Dallas Page a handsome contractual offer. He couldn't refuse it. Now I'm making you an offer you can't refuse either. Either you accept that sooner or later you and I are going to go one on one in the ring, or I'll just take matters into my own hands and take you down without the sanctions of professional wrestling rules. For your own safety, I hope you make the right choice. Look at your friend here, he's still down. Think of how much worse it would be Scott, if you chose to make this a pure fight without rules. Remember, I am the excellence of execution. I am the best there is, the best there was....and the best... there ever will be. Not you Page, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart." [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v The Great Muta[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Last night at SuperBrawl VIII, the veteran Japanese international superstar Muta claimed a major upset when he made Luger submit to the Muta Lock. It was a great moment for all those who had watched Muta's career all around the globe and been astonished by his professionalism and skill. But matching him for skill and tenacity is his opponent tonight. A man who is starting to light up WCW. He is starting to gain a true reputation around the globe as being the next big thing in professional wrestling. Muta used a red mist this time, but Benoit was still aware. He showed great ring presence to force Muta away and get some composure back. Despite being barely able to see, it was like he was using the sense of a snake and was soon able to grab Muta and force him into mutliple German Suplexes! He chose not to risk the top rope giving his lack of vision, but was able to find Muta and put him in the Crippler Crossface! This one is over! [CENTER][B]Your Winner: [/B] Via submission, Chris Benoit[/CENTER] GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! The man himself smashes his head on the locker door, as Seattle's finest escort him through the back hallway to the bottom of the ramp, where he's engulfed in steam and pyros, before coming out and thrusting his left and right arm with high intensity. [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]Kidman v Bill Goldberg[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Sadly for the Flock, they were about to watch their own get devoured. Despite the distraction of a 'Raven for leader of the UN' sign being ran around ringside by Lodi, Kidman, as good as he is was merely a few seconds away from ...spear...jackhammer... spatula please. [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Bill Goldberg[/CENTER] Post match, Raven jumped into the ring with the Stop sign and crowned Bill Goldberg, who shrugged it off. Goldberg..Goldberg..SPEAR! Raven goes down! As Goldberg leaves the ring, the cameras pan in on Raven who is smiling. Again he seemed to enjoy that intense pain! This man is insane! [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] La Parka is an interesting character, he came complete with steel chair and proceeded to try to give a dancing demonstration, but Savage was in no mood for tomfoolery, and used La Parka as a battering ram before executing the Flying Elbow Smash for the pinfall. [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Randy Savage[/CENTER] After the match, Savage rolled out of the ring, and headed up through the crowd to a Fire Exit door. He was out of here, it was as if he had no time to stick around, didn't want the company of anyone else, he just wanted to do the business and get out of here! With the crackle of thunder, the solitary warrior himself, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Sting descended to the ring ready to defend his title once more. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Sting (c) v Scott Hall[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Hall was desperately unlucky to come up against such an intense figure last night. Scott Hall, make no bones about it, is a hell of a wrestler. He was right there when the nWo evolution begun here in earnest on WCW programming. It was an action of defiance that forever changed a generation of professional wrestling. The old, stale match up of jobber versus superstar action was over. It was all or nothing now. And likewise, so was this match. Hall came with a new found focus, it was as if he saw this is as perhaps his final opportunity and come hell or high water he was not going to let it go. Sting was battling as Hall just intently worked him over. As he signalled for the Outsiders Edge, Sting rallied, and started fighting back. Soon enough he Had Hall into the corner on the end of a Stinger Splash. As Kevin Nash raced down to ringside, and from out of the crowd the Giant rambled through as well, all of a sudden the ring became a mess. There was Hall, Sting, Nash, Giant, Flair, DDP, Benoit, Hogan, Bagwell, Hart, Norton, Adams all duking it out. The very second Hall began to look like he might lose, this happens! [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Due to the referee declaring no result, a draw, but STILL WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Sting[/CENTER] After Hogan and the Giant began brawling at ringside, and the rest of WCW seemingly seemed intent on taking down Diamond Dallas Page, it left Hall, Nash and Sting in the ring. The two Outsiders double teamed Sting, before Nash was able to drop Sting with the imposing Jackknife Powerbomb! After this, they proceeded to spraypaint Sting... [CENTER]n...W...o 4 Life[/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder21.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Quick Picks[/B] Kidman v Ultimo Dragon WCW Television Championship: 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v (c) 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka Bill Goldberg v Lizmark Jr Konnan and Curt Hennig v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v Wrath 'Total Package' Lex Luger v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Sting (c) v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho

Good show as usual, it'll be interesting to see where you take the nWo from here. Kidman v [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v (c) 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Lizmark Jr Konnan and Curt Hennig v '[B]Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [B] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Wrath 'Total Package' Lex Luger v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting [/B](c) v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/QUOTE]

Kidman v [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v (c) 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Lizmark Jr Konnan and Curt Hennig v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Wrath 'Total Package' Lex Luger v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting (c)[/B] v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho

Another awesome show. I think I actually got the best on my picks yet. I even called for Dean Malenko taking the title from Stevie....THANK GOD! Great stuff with Page telling why he's a turncoat and also building Nash/Sting Hogan/Giant... Also I like what you're doing with Macho Man too. He's on a solo mission it looks like and nobody better get in his way. Kidman v [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] A great opener, I miss the days of matches like this. WCW Television Championship: 'The Man of 1000 Holds' [B]Dean Malenko [/B]v (c) 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka Dean Malenko retains. Hopefully we don't see anymore of Stevie Ray. [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Lizmark Jr Goldberg Konnan and Curt Hennig v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] Hardest match to pick of the night, I'm going with Benoit Flair [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Wrath Um, Nash...Nuff said. 'Total Package' Lex Luger v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] I say DDP takes it with his great momentum building WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting [/B](c) v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho Great main event, and while we know Jericho won't take it. It's a good idea:)

[QUOTE=mikeyg32118;462456]Another awesome show. I think I actually got the best on my picks yet. I even called for Dean Malenko taking the title from Stevie....THANK GOD! Great stuff with Page telling why he's a turncoat and also building Nash/Sting Hogan/Giant... Also I like what you're doing with Macho Man too. He's on a solo mission it looks like and nobody better get in his way. [/QUOTE] Ahh...there's a method to the madness on Stevie Ray getting the belt, but strategically the TV belt to me is a way of showcasing your best in ring talent coupled with giving young up starts TV time to hone their skills against them... and of course, every now and then a 5 star free-to-air match with the belt on the line and it's all at stakes. WCW could have used the TV belt so much better in my view. Thanks for the comments on Page's promo, imagine if Page did pop that promo the night after turning to the nWo... what can you trust anymore? Here was someone you could bank on, but according to Page's ramblings he's been planning this for near on a decade.

Kidman v [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] WCW Television Championship: 'The Man of 1000 Holds' [B]Dean Malenko[/B] v (c) 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Lizmark Jr Konnan and Curt Hennig v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Wrath 'Total Package' Lex Luger v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting [/B](c) v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho

Wow good Nitro. Like it was said earlier the whole Macho Man vs The World angle is intruging. Did not see Malenko winning the T.V. Championship good swerve. P.S. Is Booker T really injured or what happend to him? Kidman v [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [/B]v (c) 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Lizmark Jr Konnan and Curt Hennig v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Wrath 'Total Package' Lex Luger v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting [/B](c) v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho

Kidman v [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] [I]Love it. I know he was somewhat bland :eek: but I liked Kidman, especially some of those matches he had in dubceedub as Cruiserweight Champion. What was that one with Eddie after he'd had a Triple Threat Match? I remember that being cool. Anyway... hopefully we'll see Kidman break through the shadow of Raven and have them feud, that would be sweet.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [/B]v (c) 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [I]Player, I love Malenko as champ. I think he's a perfect fit and he will have a great match against anyone. Great call.[/I] Bill Goldberg v [B]Lizmark Jr[/B] [I]Lizmark to break The Streak TM for sure.[/I] Konnan and Curt Hennig v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B][I]You know what I think of this whole Benoit/Flair thing. Maybe one turns on the other at some point? That would be amazing, imagine the matches. Do you have anything planned for Hennig, though? I've always been a bit of a Perfect mark.[/I] [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Wrath [I]Big Sexy over big waste of space anyday[/I] 'Total Package' Lex Luger v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]That bit on Nitro was gold. That's what the nWo should have been about- people who can go and the whole "you don't know who you can trust" angle. That's how it all started after all. Great promo and think DDP is a great fit for nWo.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting (c)[/B] v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [I]Great handling of Jericho bud, really coming along nicely. It's a shame you haven't got Silent Sting but you're handling him well as well- not that it would have been hard to handle his title run better than WCW did in real life.[/I] Overall though mate, I just love this diary. It firmly has your stamp on it now and it's just fantastic. It was a big ask for you to do something as good as DOWCW but you've absolutely nailed it.

Sorry for the delays fellas, I've been as under the pump as Dolly Parton's bra with the start of a new semester of study... Joys of working, marriage and study! [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder21.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="6"][B]WCW Thunder Live from the Kemper Arena, Kansas City, Missouri Attendence: 15,000[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] We cut straight to the backstage area, where a black limousine is pulling up to the entrance of the Kemper Arena. The chaffeur opens the back door, and stepping out is the nWo, looking as arrogant as usual. Diamond Dallas Page has come out with a cigar, and blows a big circle of smoke in the camera's lens, as the nWo laugh about how nice it is to turn up in style. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Kidman v Ultimo Dragon[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] For the match, Kidman merely steps over the guardrails from his post with the Flock and enters the ring. He looks like he hasn't showered in a month. This will be a true test for the man from the city that Billy Joel wrote a song about... yes, Allentown. Because tonight he faces one of the most brilliant wrestlers in all of the world, a legend from the Orient. Kidman took it to the Dragon early, snapping him down with a snap suplex and quickly dropping a rolling thunder type splash down on the Dragon. As the Dragon came to, Lodi got up on the apron with the Stop sign, but this was wrenched away from him by Billy Silverman, which allowed Kidman to hit a low blow and pull Dragon through into a quick roll up... But the Ultimo Dragon kicked out with ease. Kidman's grungey style starting getting the better of him, as he began arguing with David Penzer at ringside over something, allowing Ultimo Dragon to strike back with a clubbing blow to the back. He then sent Kidman hard into the corner and hit a handstand into a mule kick to the middrift. Dragon held Kidman in and slapped his chest repeatedly with great venom. Kidman stumbled out in pain, but his pain was compounded when the Dragon slipped in from behind the Dragon Sleeper! Immediately Kidman starting waving his arms around to tap knowing the infamy of the danger of this man and this move. [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, Ultimo Dragon[/CENTER] "What a win by the Ultimo Dragon! He is truly showing why he is such an internat...io..... nal..." "Tony, what is it?" "I.... I don't know, I've been told we're cutting backstage, ... I ... I didn't know about this?" We cut backstage where Bret 'The Hitman' Hart is laid out on the concrete floor! Scott Hall is repeatedly stomping a hole in his gut! After continuing to brutally attack him, he then pulled out the toothpick from his mouth and threw it at Bret Hart. "Chico, I guess you've got your answer, huh? I don't sweat a punk like you..." [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW Television Championship 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko (c) v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] And what a contrast of styles and backgrounds. On one hand you have the studious second generation superstar Malenko, and on the other hand you have masked the Chairman of WCW from Mexico, La Parka. Malenko allowed La Parka to strut a quick dance on the steel chair, but when he turned his back La Parka went to strike, but Malenko was ready and out of the corner of his eye saw him coming and kicking hit a drop kick into the steel chair into the face of La Parka! Referee Charles Robinson quickly grabbed the steel chair and sent it out of the ring, but instead of following up on the attack, Malenko sat back for a second before pulling La Parka to his feet and offering a hand shake. La Parka duly accepted, as Malenko nodded though he slapped his face. A display of sportsmanship and chilvary completely misinterpreted from La Parka who sensed this was his big opportunity to truly cement himself as a major international superstar. La Parka quickly took Dean Malenko down with a hammerlock, and then proceeded to stomp the back of Malenko. Foolishly, with Malenko down he then proceeded to give a wrestling lap dance to the crowd. This allowed Malenko to get to his feet. La Parka still with momentum sent Malenko into the ropes, who ducked the clothesline and came back with another drop kick. La Parka slowly got back to his feet and was hit with a ferocious tiger suplex into a pinning predicament. La Parka kicked out and slid out of the ring, but the Iceman would have none of it and immediately slid out after him to send him back in, La Parka duly obliged but as Malenko came back in, La Parka was able to butt the sternum area from inside the ring and bring Malenko back in the hard way with a high vertical suplex. Malenko was then sent into the turnbuckle, but as La Parka advanced Malenko turned to his side and hit a hard elbow smash. La Parka grabbed for his face as Malenko went to the top and hit a Tornado DDT! 1...2...NO! La Parka back up, inside cradle from Malenko...1....2.... roll through from La Parka, with a hand ful of tights...1...2....THR...NO! Both men back up, rights, and lefts, rights and lefts, finally La Parka misses and spins around, atomic drop from Malenko, and a hard clothesline! And now a stomp to the middrift, sets him up for... the TEXAS CLOVERLEAF! He turns him over, and La Parka taps! [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Dean Malenko[/CENTER] We cut backstage where 'Mean' Gene Okerlund is standing by with a clearly seething former WCW Television Champion, Stevie Ray. "Alright, I'm back here with Stevie Ray, the former Tele..." "Sucka, what did you say?" "Which part?" "Oh you know which part dog. I have a good mind to beat your ass down Okerlund. And you listen up, and you listen good you old chicken leg looking grease turkey. Yeah, fruit booty, you heard me y'all. Dats right Gene, tell Standards and Practices this yak don't give a damn. Why? Because I'm NOT a former WCW Television Champion sucka, I should STILL be the WCW Television Champion. If Dean Malenko was any sort of man, y'all, he would have given me a rematch tonight. Instead he gets in there with that chump La Parka. Everyone knows I'm the rightful number contender to getting back MY belt..." "Well well well old chap," 'Lord' Steven Regal says as he walks onto the scene in his British union-jack flag robe. "Is that so, old boy?" "Chump, you got a problem with that, sucka?" "Oh, but I do old boy. But I do indeed. You see, everyone in professional wrestling knows that the true number one contender is the best of British, Steven Regal. So, I think it's only fitting that on Monday Night, Dean Malenko, you should..." "That's not groovy," Disco Inferno claims as he walks into the scene. "That's not groovy at all. The fact of the matter is everyone wishes they could dance like the Disco Inferno. Everyone. Even Johnny T himself gave me a call to ask if I could teach him a few moves. People need to see this body and this groove thang every show, so it's very apparent to me that I deserve the next shot at the WCW Television Championship.." "Whatcha mean sucka?" "Old chum, that's just outlandish..." 'Mean' Gene Okerlund steps clear as the three men begin to argue... "Guys, I think we have a state of confusion here over the WCW Television Championship. Back to you guys." "Oh my..." We're backstage in Bill Goldberg's locker room, as he headbutts the locker room door. His music starts up, as Kansas City's finest policemen, and Doug Dillenger of WCW Security escort the phenomenal unbeaten Bill Goldberg towards the Gorilla Position. He passes the interview centre, where Stevie Ray, Regal and Disco Inferno repel seeing his powerful presence storm past them. He gets to the bottom of the ramp, as the steam fires up in his face, before coming out of it and with a show of intensity power thrusting his left and right arm and blowing the smoke out of his nose as he approaches the ring. "Up next, Lizmark Jr gets a chance to do what 85 before him could not... STOP Goldberg!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Bill Goldberg v Lizmark Jr[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Lizmark Jr came, he saw, he got splattered. [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Bill Goldberg[/CENTER] Backstage, Konnan and Curt Hennig run into the 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit, as Flair and Benoit finish signing an autograph for a make-a-wish foundation kid. "Whoa whoa whoa, if it's not the glam squad," Hennig arrogantly says. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! TONIGHT! TONIGHT! You just ran into an audience with the Nature Boy, pal..." "Hold up gramps, let's let your boy do the talking..." .... "A-huh..." .... "Interesting..." .... "Wow, I've never heard it put to me like that before, very insightful Chris. Konnan, why don't you tell them what we want?" "Ariba La Raza! Ora Le!" "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" "Ora Le?" "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! By god, WOOOO my Mexican comrad. Don't you get your weasly little face in my way pal. Why don't you tell us what you came here to tell us? Because I'm slick Ric and I'm a son-of-a-gun with places to say and girls to make women of.." "Tonight Ric Flair, you and Chris Benoit better get ready because next, we make you bawdy bawdy and rawdy rawdy. Ohhh yeah, that's enough. Tonight, Curt Hennig and I show you why the nWo is toooo sweet. That is, if you and your wolf-boy are ready for a bit of two on two..." Hennig and Konnan laugh as they walk away. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Two on two? I think he means a tag match Chris. I don't think he was propositioning us after all, I think he means a tag match. What do you think about that, pal?" Benoit nods his head and smirks... "I thought so! Learn to live with it, learn to love it, because tonight...WOOOOOOO... in Kansas City Missouri, we show why WCW is forever." [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Konnan and Curt Hennig v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] With the assistance of 'Ravishing' Rick Rude's illegal interference, Konnan and Hennig started this match off on fire beating down the legendary Flair and working him over in the nWo corner. They were practising perfect tag team wrestling by keep the legend struck away form the corner of Benoit, and despite all his experience he was battling. Henning sent him into the corner, but Flair stumbled over the turnbuckle up to the top and flopped from the top onto his nose. But the more Hennig incensed Flair with his arrogance, the more the dirtiest player in the game fought. But the more Flair fought, the more Hennig found a way to cut him off. But it wouldn't last forever, unlike diamonds, as Flair hit a low blow and started to crawl to the other side. He hit a hot tag to Benoit who cleaned house on Hennig, Konnan and Rick Rude. A series of blistering reverse knife edge chops on Konnan had him in trouble as Hennig grabbed hish ead on the outside. Multiple german suplexes followed, before bridging the final one....1...2......THREE! Benoit has won a match again! Benoit is on fire here in WCW! [CENTER][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, Chris Benoit and Ric Flair [SIZE="5"][B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v Wrath[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Kevin Nash wasn't here for a holiday, and as prolific and powerful as Wrath is, he was never going to serious challenge this big behometh, the big dog of the nWo, and despite Wrath's size and physique even he had to taste despair from the Jack-knife Powerbomb. [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Kevin Nash[/CENTER] Post match, 'Mean' Gene Okerlund stepping into the ring to interview the giant cornerstone of the nWo. "Kevin Nash, you have made a challenge to the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting, over the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. My question to you, have you heard any response from the Champion?" "The truth of the matter is Gene, I made that challenge in vein. The truth of the matter is Gene is that Sting knows the writing is on the walls. Look at the man at the soles of my feet, Gene. This is Wrath, a true powerhouse in his own right. This man is a future superstar, Gene. And tonight, for the first time in his life, he is flat on his back with no idea where he is..." As he says this, two EMT's get into the ring to check on the neck of Wrath. "But where does it all end, Sting? People call you the solitary warrior of WCW, but how many more do I destroy for you to show some courage and tenacity. That's right, how many more do I have to destroy before you come down from the rafters and wrestle me, like a real man. What would grab your attention Sting? Do I have to start beating up members of the crowd? Or do I have to do this...?" Nash grabs Gene by the throat, before thrusting the diminutive commentator between his legs and dropping him with a vicious Jack-Knife Powerbomb. Nash looks on with intent over the fallen prey of Okerlund, and Wrath, as EMT's come to attend both men. We cut backstage, where 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page is exiting the nWo dressing room. He quickly turns back, and answers a last comment from 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan. "Brother, show the world why the nWo is a true evolution of wrestling standards.." "Yo, bro, tonight, love me or hate me, one thing's for sure, they'll never forget me! Lex Loser's gonna FEEL...THE...BANG!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v 'Total Package' Lex Luger[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Lex Luger was here on a mission to stake some revenge into the heart of DDP courtesy of WCW. The reverberations of disdain are still flowing through the WCW ranks following the shock turn of DDP, and the frank admission that he was behind the nWo concept before any of us even knew what the nWo was. Luger was on a power craze, but it was going toe for toe. Page is a fine wrestler in his own right. But as the two men kept fighting it out, and Luger kept coming back, 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan came to ringside, and caught the right boot of Luger. Luger looked back at the cowardly act, allowing Page to take advantage and snap Luger in two with the Diamond Cutter! He then arrogantly covered him with one boot. [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Diamond Dallas Page[/CENTER] [I][CENTER]n...W....o NN...NNN....NEW WORLD ORDER FF...FFFOR LIFE[/CENTER][/I] After the break, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho came to the ring with a microphone. "Where's that a$$clown, Sting? Oh where oh where is our WCW World Heavyweight Champion? Isn't it ironic, you are cowardly avoiding Nash, but tonight you have been forced to defend your World Heavyweight Championship against the true paragon of good virtue, the ayotollah of rock n' rolla, because tonight, Thunder becomes Thursday Night Jeric..." Just then, the claps of thunder resound around the arena, is Jericho looks on in shock, as Sting drops from the rafters, ready to face him head on. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Sting (c) v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] This is for all the marbles, right here on Thunder, in Kansas City. This is not Wonderland, as good as it is, it's WCW. Chris Jericho has finally got his big opportunity, and it's come courtesy of his affiliation to the nWo. But more than that, Chris Jericho is proving to be a top draw here in WCW. Not only is he a captivating and brilliant in ring performer, but his entertainment skills and his comic timing are really paying off with the fans. Irrespective of his turn to the nWo, he's sort of like Hall and Nash in that no matter how bad you make him, the fans still love him. Sure, from those who buy it as genuine, he's booed for all hell, but the one's who know can enjoy his amazing characterisation and wrestling brilliance. As they do with the foundation of WCW. The man who has never left. Even when the nWo plunged his trust into distrust, Sting has stuck through it. Often tested, often stretched, but never duplicated and never defeated. Sting has proven to be a great solitary warrior, defying everything the nWo could throw at him. Tonight though would prove as strong a challenge as any. And so it was proven to be, Jericho came here with his A-Game. Often when it comes to a World Heavyweight Championship match the match is slow paced, methodical, but Jericho was straight out brilliant. He kept an up tempo pace going, and kept the fans on the edge of their seats as both men traded near falls. Jericho was really surging, and Sting was feeding off it like a pirana, waiting for his opportunity to strike his prey. Jericho kept working Sting over, and started to look at the knees of Sting with a succession of ankle locks, a surfboard submission, and a grapevine, all designed to methodically destroy the ligaments in the Stinger's legs to take away the devastation of the Scorpion DeathLock. Sting was in agony, so much so that his face paint had gone from the pure adrenalin and sweat requried to withstand such torment. Sting... Sting... STING! STING! [B]STING![/B] The fans became chanting the great warrior's name, and he responded, elbowing his way out... WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! His thanks to the fans indeed. Jericho looked shocked at Sting's rush of adrenalin. He attempted to beg off, but Sting smiled, picked him up and dropped him with a brainbuster. He picked up Jericho, and then nailed him with a quick baseball slide. It was Sting's turn to work over Jericho's legs. He was trying to return the favour and get rid of the Liontamer. But Jericho was sly and slid out of the ring. When he came back to the apron though, Sting grabbed him by the hair and hauled him back in! This was a ferocious side to the Stinger. Jericho begged off some more, but Sting just picked him up and dropped with a succession of hard right hands. Jericho got up and reversed an irish whip, Sting ducked, back came Sting, leap frog from Jericho as Sting went for a shoulder block, back Sting came, both men laid out via a double clothesline! 1.....2.....3......4.....5.....6.....7.....8... both men stumbled to their feet. Jericho went for a discus lariat, but Sting ducked and started reverse knife edging the chest of Jericho. Sting sends Jericho into the corner... STINGER SPLASH! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Jericho stumbles, into the corner again... STINGER SPLASH again! Jericho is dazed... SCORPION DEATH DROP!....1....2...kick out from Jericho! Jericho pulls Sting's tights, inside cradle...1..2.....thr... no, Billy Silverman saw Jericho's feet on the ropes. Jericho can't believe it. Sting sits up! Sting is up! Jericho is shaking his head. Sting sends Jericho into the ropes, drop kick. Jericho went down hard! Now it's time, he signals with a loud WOOOOOO... and turns Jericho over... SCORPION DEATH LOCK! He's locked it in... that's it! That's it! [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and STILL WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Sting[/CENTER] Post match, Sting picked up his baseball and pointed into the camera lens at ringside... He then dropped the bat, and headed to camera lens and uttered... "Nash..." as he nodded and smiled... "I accept condemn you to misery, courtesy of Sting...judge..jury...executioner..." WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/nitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Quick Picks[/B] Rey Mysterio Jr and Lizmark Jr v WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero and Kidman 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan v 'The Cat' Ernest Miller 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v Chavo Guerrero Jr Public Enemy v Konnan and Curt Hennig 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v Psicosis WCW Television Championship: 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v Disco Inferno 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page The Giant and 'Total Package' Lex Luger v 'Lord' Steven Regal and 'Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay Non Title Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell

[QUOTE=ColtCabana;462076]Good show as usual, it'll be interesting to see where you take the nWo from here. [/QUOTE] Thanks mate, appreciate the support, particularly from down under :) What sports are you into just out of curiosity? [QUOTE=totti;462740]I've only just started reading this diary, I've got through the first few shows so far. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up soon so things aren't spoiled for me. :p[/QUOTE] Great mate, welcome to the diary, I hope it keeps you entertained. Feel free to leave as much feedback as you like ;) [QUOTE=Sarcasm;462985]Wow good Nitro. Like it was said earlier the whole Macho Man vs The World angle is intruging. Did not see Malenko winning the T.V. Championship good swerve. P.S. Is Booker T really injured or what happend to him? [/QUOTE] Ahh... if I was to say on Booker T, that'd ruined the surprise... No actually, he's not injured but I'm just putting him into a plan. Thanks for the support as always :D [QUOTE=keefmoon;463449]Kidman v [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] [I]Love it. I know he was somewhat bland :eek: but I liked Kidman, especially some of those matches he had in dubceedub as Cruiserweight Champion. What was that one with Eddie after he'd had a Triple Threat Match? I remember that being cool. Anyway... hopefully we'll see Kidman break through the shadow of Raven and have them feud, that would be sweet.[/I][/quote] Mate, Kidman had that many awesome matches in WCW it's not funny. You know, WCW gets pillaged from corner to corner for what happened say 1998 afterwards, but every now and then those vanilla midgets, mostly in tag team action, actually steal quite a few shows. They were the highlights, and Kidman was right there amongst it. Can't remember that particular match though, sadly, but I will certainly see if I can catch it somewhere. [quote]WCW Television Championship: [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [/B]v (c) 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [I]Player, I love Malenko as champ. I think he's a perfect fit and he will have a great match against anyone. Great call.[/I][/quote] Yeah well, as you know with DOWCW my ultimate TV Champion is someone who can steal a show but also teach someone a lesson. Malenko right now does that perfectly. In that essence, I kinda went away from the script with Stevie Ray holding the belt, but there is a method to the madness still coming. [quote]Bill Goldberg v [B]Lizmark Jr[/B] [I]Lizmark to break The Streak TM for sure.[/I][/quote] Heh, actually Lizmark was a fair wrestler to be perfectly honest. [quote]Konnan and Curt Hennig v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B][I]You know what I think of this whole Benoit/Flair thing. Maybe one turns on the other at some point? That would be amazing, imagine the matches. Do you have anything planned for Hennig, though? I've always been a bit of a Perfect mark.[/I][/quote] As they say, anything's possible my friend. Yes, I do have something lined up for Hennig ;) [quote][B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Wrath [I]Big Sexy over big waste of space anyday[/I][/quote] You know, I quite liked Wrath to be honest. Don't know what it was, but he just looked to me like a bloke who could fair dinkum kick an a$$ or two... [quote]'Total Package' Lex Luger v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]That bit on Nitro was gold. That's what the nWo should have been about- people who can go and the whole "you don't know who you can trust" angle. That's how it all started after all. Great promo and think DDP is a great fit for nWo.[/I][/quote] Thanks mate. I appreciate that support for that promo. If anything, that's been my biggest vibe so far in this diary is that promo. I must admit I had a basic premise for it, but I just wrote a few of those things as I went and thought you know what, there's some obvious connections here. Let's spin this out a bit. I love storylines where you look back and go, oh holy sh!t, they just left a small hint that I'd either forgotten about or hadn't thought of, and then way down the track it all comes together, but leaves more questions than answers, and that's what I think largely lacked in WCW to some degree. Storylines were never tied together properly, things lacked a lot of continuity. Take the New Blood for instance, that could have been spun so many different ways, but because Russo and Bischoff had a falling out the perfect partnership of heelish 'presidents' and what could have got a lot of guys over very quickly lost any fluency and was soon dumped. Imagine if the New Blood storyline was booked well after the initial set up, but the initial set up was promising. [quote]WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting (c)[/B] v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [I]Great handling of Jericho bud, really coming along nicely. It's a shame you haven't got Silent Sting but you're handling him well as well- not that it would have been hard to handle his title run better than WCW did in real life.[/I] Overall though mate, I just love this diary. It firmly has your stamp on it now and it's just fantastic. It was a big ask for you to do something as good as DOWCW but you've absolutely nailed it.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, appreciate all the support from obviously one of the greatest legends on this board. I thought about silent Sting, but I think now he needs to develop a bit of a character. There's no need for him to be so distrusting. He needs to be on edge, and he needs to compel people that there's a reason for these matches. I don't want him to come out completely and talk like surfer Sting would, but I guess to keep this particular storyline moving it kinda makes sense (at least to me ;) ) Hope everyone is still enjoying the prequel, One quick question, how do people feel about Jericho being in the nWo, and how do you think this is helping him push up the ladder?

Rey Mysterio Jr and Lizmark Jr v WCW Cruiserweight Champion [B]Eddie Guerrero and Kidman [/B] [B]'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan[/B] v 'The Cat' Ernest Miller 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] [I]I wish, cause I'm a Chavo mark but Benoit will win unless somebody gets involved[/I] Public Enemy v [B]Konnan and Curt Hennig[/B] [B] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v Psicosis [I]ooo yeeeah[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v Disco Inferno 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [B]The Giant and 'Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal and 'Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay Non Title Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]Sting[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [QUOTE=tristram;465570]Thanks mate, appreciate the support, particularly from down under :) What sports are you into just out of curiosity? [/QUOTE] Aussie Rules and Football (soccer) a little bit of Rugby League. I've also been known to watch a bit of Basketball.

Archived