Why do YOU love GDS?

Like many wrestling fans out there, I found GDS through the old Extreme Warfare Revenge games. Since then, I've played several of the GDS games, with WMMA currently being my favourite. I have to say, my experiences with the technical support side of things, has been nothing short of fantastic. Just got my WMMA license issue resolved. I told them straight-up, I'd buy another copy if I absolutely had to, and they still helped me get my old license to work. That's a pretty cool thing, if I do say so myself. I hope GDS wouldn't take this personally, but to me, it has this "small business" feel to it. They make sure you're satisfied with the product, give you the ability to try a game before you buy it, and continue to update the game so you'll get your money's worth. All in all, I'm extremely pleased with what I've seen so far, and I hope it continues.

• 3 months later...
I just love the sense of community. There are so many really helpful people around and for such a small gaming franchise there is an absolute glut of willing modders. Plus the sense of humouer amongst not just the members of the forums, but the Staff too (Adam, Taker etc)

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;474526]Fantastic community, great staff (apart from Steve), wonderful games and the whole place just has that family feel to it. There are very few places on the internet where you can meet people and truly call them friends (even Panix :eek:). P.S Can I have a job? :p[/QUOTE] can you have a job? I have been post whoaring for years on here and still haven't been offered a mod position! They could of atleast changed my forum title to "thread de-railer" or something!! :) Damn there i go again!

I have been part of the forums for almost 3 years now, the only forum i come in almost every day. What i like most is that it is a close knit group of people around here, overal mature i would say, not allot of XXX types around here (although there are a few:eek:) If you look at the birthdays announced on the bottom, usually you get a strong 20s+ group which kind of proves the point i mentioned. The admins are pretty cool overal, helpfull and only "mildly arrogant!" which is pretty much a compliment after getting aquainted to some of the other admins around. But as said, this place has the "small company feeling" you could say that the games produced here were moulded by the fans, which does say allot about how the coders take seriously what is being reccomended. O yeah, and Adam Ryland is still the best programer to step the face of the earth, lol!

[QUOTE=panix04;474537]can you have a job? I have been post whoaring for years on here and still haven't been offered a mod position! They could of atleast changed my forum title to "thread de-railer" or something!! :) Damn there i go again![/QUOTE] [FONT="Arial"]Whoa there... I think over the years i've claimed the title of GDS's resident thread de-railer, and i'll tickle any man that says otherwise[/FONT]

I know it has been mentioned in this thread already but I love the "small company" feel. There aren't many gaming companies around where the customers have a realistic chance of getting their ideas into the game but with GDS the community plays a big role in making the games as enjoyable as they are.

I have a man crush on Adam Ryland :). I generally feel that the community is the greatest reason. Hands up how many people would still be so interested in TEW if we didn't have the help of our community. You find on many boards, there is alot of bickering, flaming, jerks, Adeezy's and people just bashing everything you do. Oh, and bad grammar. On these boards, everybody is friends, and apart from the, like I say, ocassional Adeezy, I feel we are all very close. Almost like a family. Everybody helps everybody out, there is quite a fair bit of humour (and sarcasm :rolleyes:) and mot importantly we have a King and Queen ie. Fenoli & Panix :p. The games may be great, but us as a community are reasons I love GDS. Most are mature and after a while of being here (around 1 year and a half) looking over it, there really is a tight bunch of people in our circle of members, I meen the majority of people that are regularly on here have been around for ages, and are very helpfull. I also get the sence of what we're doing on here actually contributes towards the games. We all work together pitching in suggestions, and those tiny seeds of creativity become part of the games we love. I visit the forum practically every day, and it really is a warm place that makes me feel all fuzzy inside :p.

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;474623]I considered giving you the thread derailer title there but quickly realised i'd be swamped with requests for custom titles......... and there are a lot of sick puppies around here :p[/QUOTE] How about Queen Thread Derailer. Then he would have one, but people wouldn't request one for the sake of looking like they're a girl :p.

Archived