Bret Hart-From Bottom To Top

Steel

[IMG]http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4645/brethart7ee.png[/IMG] [U][B]Stats-[/B][/U] [B]Power[/B]-43 [B]Toughness[/B]-81 [B]Technique[/B]-76 [B]Charisma[/B]-83 [B]Speed[/B]-58 [B]Microphone[/B]-55 [B]Psychology[/B]-84 [B]Safety[/B]-89 [B]Spirit[/B]-28 [B]Stamina[/B]-86 [B]Looks[/B]-79 [B]Respect[/B]-25 [U][B]Overness[/B][/U] [B]U.S.A[/B]-8 [B]Canada[/B]-22 [B]Mexico[/B]-0 [B]Japan[/B]-10 [B]U.K.[/B]-12 [B]Europe[/B]-0 [B]Australia[/B]-0 Bret Hart already has a history of Wrestling in his family and was trained by his father, Stu Hart. Bret is now looking to not only grow popular is his home country of Canada, but also in The United States. Can Bret do it or will he fail and only focus on one area at a time? You are reading the diary of Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

[U][B]Week 1[/B][/U] [B]Wednesday[/B] [I]CSW- Stampede International[/I] Bret is booked tonight in a Tag Team match. It will be The Harts Vs Loch ness monster and Hercules Ayala. Bret doesn’t feel like talking to anyone backstage so he keeps to himself waiting for his main event match to come. The Harts Vs Loch ness monster and Hercules Ayala After Bruce Hart was getting dominated in the ring and was almost got the giant Samoan drop done onto him, he had no other choice but to tag in Bret. Bret started off strong hitting Bodyslams and Dropkicks. Bret carried most of the match between the two heavyweights. He even got so close to locking the Sharpshooter onto Hercules THREE TIMES, but some how Hercules managed to escape and tag in Loch ness. Bret was hitting clotheslines, drop kicks and single leg grape vines to take down the big man, but in the end Bret couldn’t do it and lost to the Giant Samoan Drop. The match made an “Alright” C Average. [B]Thursday[/B] [I]CSW- Stampede through Canada[/I] Bret was not booked tonight [B]Friday[/B] [I]CSW- Stampede Wrestling[/I] Bret Again was not booked tonight. He was angry that even though he had talent AND was related to the owner and booker and he STILL wasn’t being booked. On Saturday Bret was now thinking about his career and what he would have to do to be successful, so he went to Maple Leaf Wrestling and requested a contract. Frank Tunney was happy to give Bret a try-out match. Although bummed about his, Bret maintained being professional and agreed to this “contract” [B]Sunday[/B] [I]MLW- Maple Leaf All Stars[/I] Bret was booked against Tom Jones in the opener. Backstage Bret saw Tom Jones and decided to go say “Hi.” Tom Jones first greeted Bret with a “Hi.” And Bret said, “Hey you look good. Have you been lifting lately.” Tom let off a laugh and thanked Bret for the complement. Bret again complemented Tom by saying, “It is an honor to talk to a Veteran like yourself.” Tom again thanked Bret and Bret wished Tom luck and headed out. Bret Hart vs. Tom Jones Bret again couldn’t hit anything on his opponent. Tom was just somehow predicting every move before Bret did it. However Bret did manage to get Tom down on the ground and knocked out. Bret again could not lock in the sharpshooter. SIX TIMES Tom found a way out. Bret was getting frustrated. After he kicked out the first running head butt he had some confidence, but that was all lost when he lost the match and preformed another “Average” C match. Bret now knows that he has to find another finisher to dominate his opponents with. What will this finisher be? And will Bret get accepted in MLW? Keep reading to find out.

[U][B]Week 2[/B][/U] [B]Monday[/B] Bret Hart was scheduled for a meeting with MLW. He was nervous as what they would say. When he walked in Mr. Tunney did not have an excited look on his face; Bret’s hart sank. Mr. Tunney, “Well Bret you didn’t win last night…But I looked over the match and decided you would be an excellent addition to the mid card roster!” Bret thanked Mr. Tunney for the offer and gladly accepted it for $96 per appearance. [I]MLW- The Maple Leaf Express[/I] Bret was booked in a 3 on 3 matchup. It would be Private Jim Nelson and the Rouguae brothers taking on, Bret Hart, Private Don Kernodle and Angela Mosco Jr. [I]Private Jim Nelson Jacques Rouguae and Raymond Rouguae vs. Bret Hart, Private Don Kernodle and Angela Mosco Jr.[/I] This was a great match for Bret. He was beating Private Jim Nelson till he could hardly move. Bret then tagged in Don Kernodle and Kernodle was wailing away on his own partner, Jim Nelson. Jim got worked on for a little bit until he tagged in Raymond Rouguae. Raymond was hot in the ring until Bret decided he wanted back into the ring. Bret worked on Raymond for awhile, he even got Raymond set up for the sharpshooter, and again it FAILED! Bret looked furious and decided it was time for a new move. He knocked Raymond out with a Double Underhook Suplex, picked him up and hit the SPINNING INVERTED PILEDRIVER! Bret got the three and celebrated a C+ Victory. [B]Wednesday[/B] Today Bret was forced to choose between his family in CSW or go with fame in MLW. Bret talked to his dad before hand about this and told him he would go week by week, every other week he would work for CSW on this day and the times he didn’t work with CSW he would work with MLW. This week it was MLW’s turn. [I]Maple Leaf Express Run-Tonight Bret is scheduled to face Brian Adias Brian Adias vs. Bret Hart[/I] Brian started out by dominating Bret. That didn’t last very long. Bret hit a series of running clotheslines and snap suplexs. Bret again failed to lock the sharpshooter in 3 times! Bret was getting frustrated again and went for the spinning inverse piledriver, but it was countered with a dropkick! Bret was MAD! He hit a vicious second rope dropkick, went over to Brian, and did a single leg grapevine. Bret then locked the sharpshooter on and got Brian to submit! Bret is finally relived that he locked on the sharpshooter. He was disappointed that the match was only a D quality though. [B]Thursday[/B] [I]CSW-Stampede Through Canada[/I] Bret was not booked tonight. He saw his brother Bruce backstage and thought he would go say Hi. He walks over and Bruce shakes his hang. “How’s it going?” Bruce says he’s great and Bret wishes him luck and they both go their separate ways. Friday [I]CSW- Stampede Wrestling[/I] Bret was not booked again. Bret was getting angry; here he was trying to survive in the wrestling world and his own family wont even book him! He was a main eventer and not getting booked, he was being booked in MLW than in CSW! [B]Saturday[/B] Bret called up his dad and they got into talking about how everything was going. Bret said he was sorry, but he just didn’t see any future in CSW, they not only weren’t as big as MLW, but they also weren’t booking him. They both agreed that Bret’s career would be better continued somewhere else. After the conversation Bret calls up Jerry Jarrett and asks for a meeting, as he is interested in CWA. Jerry agrees and flies Bret in for a meeting the same day! Jerry offers Bret a try out match and Bret agrees happily. [I]CWA- Renegade Rampage[/I] Bret was scheduled to face Dutch Mantell in the opener. [I]Bret Hart vs. Dutch Mantell[/I] This match got off to a slow start as the tide kept switching until Dutch took the lead by cheating, he was using face tears and uses his wrist tape to choke out Bret. This match came to an end with Dutch used his brass knucks to knock out Bret, Bret was mad that even after all the warnings Dutch already had, the ref still gave him just a warning for using the knucks. C Match quality. [B]Sunday[/B] Bret was offered a $40 pay per appearance in the opener spot. Bret tries to get more money, but Jerry says no. Bret says he is to good for CWA and will need a promotion that can actually follow the rules of wrestling. Jerry gets up and walks out of the meeting. [I]MLW- Maple Leaf All Stars[/I] Bret was not booked tonight

I don't know what it is exactly (too many workers, not enough at each level) but in my career with The Hitman the same problem happened with the booking. :confused: Too bad about the CWA offer though. I took Bret there and made friends with Lawler and won the AWA International Title in a few months, which catapulted me to superstardom. What about giving Florida a try? Kicking Dusty Rhodes' butt is loads of fun! ;)

[U][B]Week 3[/B][/U] [B]Monday[/B] [COLOR=Red][I]MLW- The Maple Leaf Express[/I][/COLOR] Tonight Bret Hart faces Tiger Mask [I]Bret Hart vs. Tiger Mask[/I] This match was great, as the technical skills were so similar. Tiger mask hit 42 Counter Moves as Bret hit 39 Counter moves. The match lasted 31 long minutes as both men were struggling to keep in the match. Bret kicked out of 2 Enzugari Kicks, but finally lost to the third one. Throughout the match Tiger Mask countered about 10 of Bret’s finishing maneuvers! Bret was disappointed with the loss, but will always remember his first match with Tiger Mask. Even though how great the match was, it was only graded a C+. [B]Wednesday[/B] After having a day to think about it, Bret thought that he didn’t want to be known as a babyface anymore and he would be more suited as a heel. MLW agrees and Bret will now be portrayed as a heel. [COLOR=Red][I]MLW- The Maple Leaf Express Run[/I][/COLOR] Bret was in the second to main event going against his friend and the person he debuted against, Tom Jones. Bret sees Tiger Mask in the back and walks over to him. Tiger says Hello and Bret asks how is he doing. Tiger says he’s doing well and Bret says he wishes he could be up in the card as high as tiger. Tiger reassures him and they both wish each other luck and go their separate ways. Bret sees his friend Tom over on the other side and walks over to him. They both agree that it shall be a good match and Bret says it will be an honor to face a veteran such as Tom in the ring. They both wish each other luck and get ready for the match. [I]Tom Jones vs. Bret Hart[/I] This match was pretty good considering the skill level of Tom Jones. Tom quickly took the match in control. He was beating Bret until Bret started to counter his moves. The match turned tides off and on. Bret was eventually in control and again, couldn’t lock in the sharp shooter. He tried for the Spinning Inverted Piledriver, but Tom countered it with a punch and as Bret was staggering Tom hit a running head butt. Tom won it with the three and a C was given to the match. Man this just is not Bret’s week. [B]Sunday[/B] [COLOR=Red][I]MLW- Maple Leaf All Stars[/I][/COLOR] Bret again was scheduled to face Tom Jones [I]Tom Jones vs. Bret Hart[/I] This was Bret’s best match yet. Not only did he pull off a great victory, but the match was also rated a B-! Bret was so excited after the match. Bret won the match by doing a Spinning Inverted Piledriver, which was countered by Tom 3 times before. The sharpshooter was also countered twice. Both men were happy with the match rating. Ok I want you guys to help determine Bret's Future too. [B]Should He..[/B] [COLOR=Blue]A) Go to CWF and Wrestle there[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]B) Try going to Mexico to wrestle[/COLOR] [COLOR=Purple]C) Try going to Japan[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrchid]D) Go to SECW and build a Career there also[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]E) Go To PNW[/COLOR] No matter what you guys choose Bret will be staying with MLW as he is doing pretty good there.

Stay away from Southeastern. There are only so many times you can fight the Armstrongs, Fullers, and Wayne 'Honky Tonk Man' Ferris, before wishing to set oneself on fire. The only guy on that roster that would prove a benefit to Hart is Jody Hamilton (The Flame in SECW - The Assassin elsewhere). I suggest Florida.

[U][B]Week 4[/B][/U] [B]Monday[/B] Bret Hart scheduled a meeting with Eddie Graham to see about joining CWF. CWF agreed to let Bret on the roster, but first he would have to do a Try Out match so they could determine if he was good enough. Bret agreed and both men stood up, shook hands and left. After the meeting Bret looked at his schedule in disbelief; all the days each company held shows were on the same day, except for on Tuesday, that’s when CWF was touring this month. Bret decided he would cancel some events for each company. [COLOR=Red][B]MLW-The Maple Leaf Express[/B][/COLOR] Bret was not booked tonight [B] Tuesday[/B] Bret canceled his next appearance with MLW so he would work for CWF. [B]Wednesday[/B] [COLOR=Blue][B]CWF- CWF Beach Tour[/B][/COLOR] Bret was not booked tonight, this pissed Bret off because not only did he fly down from Canada to wrestle, but he also canceled the MLW show! [B]Sunday[/B] Bret decided to pick CWF again, but there was one problem, HE WASN’T BOOKED! Bret again just got screwed out of money and matches. [U][B]Monthly Update[/B][/U] [B]Overness[/B] [COLOR=Blue]U.S.A- 9 (+1)[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Canada- 24 (+2)[/COLOR] [I]Mexico-0 Japan-10 U.K.- 12 Europe- 0 Australia- 0[/I] [B]Gained Skills[/B] [COLOR=Red]Spirit- 31(+2)[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Psychology- 85 (+1)[/COLOR] Financial Information Bret Spent [B]$1,000 [/B] this year, he only gained [I]$640[/I]. Hmm, maybe if he was booked those other dates in CSW and CWF he would have GAINED instead of loosing.

[U][I][B]April 1989[/B][/I][/U] [I][B]Week One[/B][/I] [B]Monday[/B] [COLOR=Red]MLW- The Maple Leaf Express[/COLOR] Bret was scheduled to team with Rene Goulet and face Tiger Mask and Genichiro Tenryu Bret Hart and Rene Goulet vs. Tiger Mask and Genichiro Tenryu This match went well for Bret as he was in the ring for over 30 minutes. Rene got to tired to quickly and had to tag in Bret. Bret was hitting moves left and right. He even locked on the sharpshooter to Genichiro, but somehow Genichiro didn’t tap out. Bret then tried the spinning inverted piledriver, but Genichiro slipped out and tagged in Tiger Mask. Tiger started out hot, but eventually faded. Bret hit the Spinning Inverted Piledriver to finish off the match. It was a C+ match. [B]Wednesday[/B] [COLOR=RoyalBlue]CWF-CWF Beach Tour[/COLOR] Bret had a hard choice to choose, go to CWF and hope to be booked again or go to MLW. He chose CWF and finally he was booked. Tonight Bret faces Leo Burke in the opener. [I]Bret Hart vs. Leo Burke [/I] This was a pretty good match as styles were similar. Bret hit 44 Counters in this match, and kicked out of 4 finisher attempts. This match was rated a C+ until it came to an end when Leo hit his 3rd Double Arm DDT. Bret was mad that Leo kept reversing his finisher attempts, but was satisfied with the rating for the match. [B]Thursday[/B] Bret had an interview with CWF, Bret had a lot to think about if he was going to accept this contract or not. When he heard that CWF was only going to give him $60 per appearance at a lower mid carder position it made things a lot easier. He asked for more money, but Mr. Graham said No. Bret was very Politely about declining the contract as he has respect for the Graham family, but he just did not think that a Lower mid Carder position would benefit his career. He also declined it because the schedule would interfere with the MLW schedule. He went and got a meeting with WWC and PNW. PNW Offered him a Mid Carder Position for $80 per appearance. WWC offered him a Try Out match. He also had an interview with ASW which offerd $80 pay per appearance in the main event. Should Bret take the PNW or take the WWC or Stay in Canada with ASW offer. Or he could take all three and eventually see how much WWC is willing to offer him then decide where to stay at.

[U][B]Week One[/B][/U] [B]Thursday[/B] Bret Decides that ASW is not his style and declines their contract. He declines the PNW contract as their schedule collides with MLW. He accepts the WWC contact and doesn’t have to worry about canceling shows for promotions. [B]Friday[/B] [COLOR=Olive][B]WWC- The World Wrestling Council [/B] [/COLOR] Tonight Bret faces Hurricane Castillo Jr. [I]Bret Hart vs. Hurricane Castillo Jr. [/I] This match was a disappointment, Bret couldn’t hit anything, and there were a total of 68 counters. Even though Bret kicked out of 3 finisher attempts and countered 2 more, he couldn’t lock in the Sharpshooter or hit the Spinning Inverted Piledriver. Hurricane eventually won it with a Slingshot Sunset Flip. The match was rated a D. Bret was disappointed with the loss and the rating, he was also worried if he would get the job or not. [B]Saturday[/B] Bret was offered a small amount of money to wrestle for WWC, only $20, Bret was worried if he could manage with only $20 per appearance under Enhancement Talent. Bret decided to accept this contract after his agent called him and said PPW was also interested in him for the main event. He accepted both Contracts, PPW offered him $80 per appearance and in the main event position. He now works every weekday and Sundays he has Saturday off. [B]Sunday[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]MLW- Maple Leaf All-Stars[/B][/COLOR] Bret was not booked tonight [B]Monday[/B] [COLOR=Red]MLW- The Maple Leaf Express[/COLOR] Tonight Bret faces Dean Ho. [I]Dean Ho vs. Bret Hart[/I] Bret dominated this match, with series of Mafia Kicks, Dropkicks and things to hurt Dean’s head. Bret got Dean’s head to the lowest condition he could, Dean was gushing out blood at this point. After Dean hit a dropkick he started to stagger around as the blood was making him dizzy. Bret saw his opportunity and hit the Spinning Inverted Piledriver and got the three. B- Match. [B]Tuesday[/B] [COLOR=Olive][B]WWC- Hot Action Night[/B][/COLOR] Tonight Bret faces Tonga John in a tables match. [I]Bret Hart vs. Tonga John[/I] This match turned very hardcore very quickly. Bret hit DDT’s onto chairs, Ring Posts Smash’s and even Elbow Drops from the top Rope onto the outside. Bret did a couple of ring post figure four’s hit a sharpshooter and slammed Tonga’s head into everything along the outside. However in the end, Tonga hit a leaping Piledriver through the table for the win. The ring and the outside were a mess with blood from both people. The match quality was a B. [B]Wednesday[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]MLW- The Maple Leaf Express Run[/B][/COLOR] Tonight Bret faces Raymond Rouguae [I] Bret Hart vs. Raymond Rouguae[/I] This match just seemed to go on forever as both men were evenly matched and were great at countering moves. The match lasted 36 minutes with 99 total counters. Both men kicked out of more than 1 finisher and countered more than 5 finisher attempts. Bret eventually won it with a Spinning Inverted Piledriver. The match was rated a B-. [B]Thursday[/B] [COLOR=Orange][B]PPW- Polynesian Pro Wrestling[/B][/COLOR] Bret was not booked tonight [B]Friday[/B] [B][COLOR=Olive]WWC- The World Wrestling Council[/COLOR][/B] Bret was booked in a 3 on two Handicap match. He would team up with George South and Chicky Starr facing King Tonga and TNT [I]Bret Hart and George South and Chicky Starr vs. King Tonga and TNT[/I] This was a quick 15-minute match. George South was in there the longest, until he couldn’t take it anymore and tagged out. Chicky Starr came in the wrong and was manhandling TNT. Chicky hit the Bodyslam Driver, but right before he was about to pin TNT, Bret made a blind tag and pinned TNT to get the three. Bret was happy he got pinned and with a C rating match. [B]Sunday[/B] Bret was pleased with his training results when he looked at the progress he has made. Charisma, Microphone Skills, Speed and Power all went up by 1 point. [COLOR=Red][B]MLW- Maple Leaf All-Stars[/B][/COLOR] Bret was not booked tonight.

Everybody has to pay their dues before they can make it big. Getting $60 per appearance in CWF for a lower midcard position would have made a good stepping stone for the "Hitman". Having the CWF stint would have increased the US overness that you might need later on in order to get into the bigger promotions. Besides, you probably would have moved up to midcarder and upper midcarder in no time, possibly in 6 months or so. You could have also gotten a shorter contract so that you can see where they were going to go with you. Oh, well. Bret Hart will have to get his ego in check if he thinks that he could get an upper midcard or main event position quickly. He has to do it the "Smith Barney" way. He has to EARN it. However, good luck in WWC.

[QUOTE=captainlou]Everybody has to pay their dues before they can make it big. Getting $60 per appearance in CWF for a lower midcard position would have made a good stepping stone for the "Hitman". Having the CWF stint would have increased the US overness that you might need later on in order to get into the bigger promotions. Besides, you probably would have moved up to midcarder and upper midcarder in no time, possibly in 6 months or so. You could have also gotten a shorter contract so that you can see where they were going to go with you. Oh, well. Bret Hart will have to get his ego in check if he thinks that he could get an upper midcard or main event position quickly. He has to do it the "Smith Barney" way. He has to EARN it. However, good luck in WWC.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I thought of that after I declined the contract. Next time I will make sure I think through my actions before I do them. Update comming up later tonight.

[U][B]Week 3[/B][/U] [B]Monday[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]MLW- The Maple Leaf Express[/B][/COLOR] Tonight Bret teams up with Luke Williams to face [I]Bret Hart and Luke Williams vs. and Genichiro Tenryu Angela Mosca Jr.[/I] This match seemed to go on forever, as it was about 45 minutes long. Bret locked in the sharpshooter, but couldn’t make Angela tap out. Bret kicked out of four finisher maneuvers done onto him in a row by Angela. Bret kept trying and trying to hit the Spinning Inverted Piledriver, but it was countered about 5 times. Bret tried one last time and hit it and got the three. The match was rated a B-. [B]Tuesday[/B] [COLOR=Olive][B]WWC- Hot Action Night[/B][/COLOR] Bret is facing Porkchop Cash tonight. [I]Bret Hart vs. Porkchop Cash[/I] This match was very very short and the worst match of Bret’s career. Bret lost by trying to put Porkchop through a table but it was countered and Porkchop fell on top for the three. Bret was disappointed he didn’t kick out and more mad that he couldn’t perform a good match for the fans that night. The match lasted only 9 minutes and got an E rating. [B]Wednesday[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]MLW- The Maple Leaf Express Run[/B][/COLOR] Bret had an interview tonight and after that he faces Genichiro Tenryu [I]Bret Hart Interview[/I] Before the interview stars, Raymond Rouguae comes out. Bret won the battle by doing Basic Insults and Shoot Comments. [I]Bret Hart vs. Genichiro Tenryu[/I] Bret lost this match to an Octopus Stretch. The match went pretty decent as Bret controlled most of the match. After he hit the Spinning Piledriver, Bret thought it was to early to pin Tenryu and wanted to give the fans a better match so instead of pinning Tenryu he got on the top rope and hit a flying elbow drop. After Bret lost, he was wondering if he should worry about the fans or worry about the statistics. The match was rated a C. [B]Thursday[/B] [COLOR=SandyBrown][B]PPW- Polynesian Pro Wrestling[/B][/COLOR] Bret was booked in the main event against Rocky Johnson. [I]Bret Hart vs. Rocky Johnson[/I] Bret Hart controlled most of this match, hitting DDT, Suplexs and Elbow Drops. Rocky Johnson in the end came back because of his experience in the ring. Rocky attempted his finisher, but Bret countered it and locked in the Sharpshooter, Rocky didn’t tap out. The second time however, Rocky tapped out, causing Bret to win the match. Match Rating, C. [B]Friday[/B] [COLOR=Olive][B]WWC- The World Wrestling Council[/B][/COLOR] Bret was booked against Buddy Landell. Bret saw Buddy in the back and went over to say Hi. They both agreed that it would be a good match and wished each other luck and went back to preparing for the match. [I]Bret Hart vs. Buddy Landell[/I] This match was not very good in the eyes of Bret. The same moves were done over and over again. Bret was in control of the match till the end when Buddy hit a cheap Brass Knuckles Punch for the three. The match was only rated a D. [B]Sunday[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]MLW- Maple Leaf All-Stars[/B][/COLOR] Tonight Bret faces Raymond Rouguae again. [I] Bret Hart vs. Raymond Rouguae[/I] Bret controlled this match with Dropkicks and Mafia kicks. Bret eventually took Raymond down, Raymond countered three Spinning Piledrivers, but eventually the blood that was rushing down his face from a Mafia kick got to him and Bret saw it and then hit the Spinning Inverted Piledriver and got the three. The match was rated a C+. EDIT: I'm going to take a break from this as school just started and my family is having problems, so I don't know how often I can update this.

Archived