So you won't get over huh?

I've been trying for a few months game time to get London and Kendrick over. So far it's not happening. They're still in the C range, despite having won all their tag matches. It's annoying the hell out of me. Who annoys you? Who have you tried to push only to see no results for your efforts?

Well, I push London and Kendrick too, being huge fans of everything they've done. I have both up to B's in the UK, and B-'s in the US. Have them win a few singles matches each or whatever. Basically, to get people over I have somebody higher in the card I hate e.g. Great Khali, Bobby Lashley, job for my guys. I have to say though, a guy I could never get over in the CornellVerse are the Bumfholes. No matter how I pushed them, they'd never get over C+.

In my 4C game, I tried to push Frankie Perez to the main event, but never got him past Opener. Admittedly that probably had more to do with lousy booking on my part, but it was still incredibly frustrating.

[QUOTE=Shmoe;424310] I have to say though, a guy I could never get over in the CornellVerse are the Bumfholes. No matter how I pushed them, they'd never get over C+.[/QUOTE] I hear you on the Bumfholes, been pushing them for four months and they are stuck at a D. Overness cap?

Unlikely that the Bumfholes would have such a low overness cap. Given their starting overness, looks, talent, age, star quality and other factors that contribute towards the creation of the Destiny value... well, it would be almost impossible for one of them to get an overness cap as low as D, let alone both of them. I suspect booking is holding them back somehow... perhaps a dodgy gimmick rating or bad use of road agent notes during their matches. :)

[QUOTE=Shmoe;424310]get people over I have somebody higher in the card I hate e.g. Great Khali, Bobby Lashley, job for my guys. [/QUOTE] You know, I think that's actually something I would pay to see, Spanky vs Khali headlining WM25 :D

That reminds me, I tried to bury khali before I fired him and had Colin Olsen beat him in 5 minutes and had the road agents note as colin olsen wins decisively, and burial of khali, and it said "The Great Khali" came off looking great after this match...and I'm just like wtf...

yeah tag teams are always kind of a pain to really get really over... I am guessing its because normally i make teams with my newer stars and use tag matches as a way to help 2-4 guys in a match. on a side note, i just got William Heyes and Joss Thompson as a team and they have both slowing sliding up the charts in my CGC game without even getting much TV time.

I've gotten both Zimmy and Randy to an A* around the country, so I can vouch for the only thing holding them back being weak booking. I never really used them as a tag team in my promotion though, since Zimmy turned heel almost immediately after I was able to sign Randy.

[QUOTE=1PWfan;424466]All I can say on that one is that if they were real, what would be holding them back would be their names. I mean. Randy and Zimmy Bumfhole? Why, really?[/QUOTE] I know. I've never done it. But when I'm playing the SWF I'm always tempted to split the Bumfholes and repackage Zimmy as a would be ladies man under the name Zimmy D. Zeier.

In my last 07 game both Matt Hardy & London got over without me trying. I actually depushed London a bit because I wasn't prepared to stick him directly into the Main Event. Hardy also got held back slightly, turned and is fueded with Jeff. Why would I hold them back? Because I was pushing CM Punk to the moon. He now has A* overness in the entire US, Canada and UK. B or higher in Japan and Europe. And is about a B- in Mexico.

Archived