New Mod from T-Zone (1993)

Just a little update, i am slowly working through free agents and such, B-Unit has the data so as far as im aware he is working away on title histories and such. Here is a screenshot of the mod as things stand. [IMG]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6669/progresshz1.jpg[/IMG]

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=forlan;495356] Obviously the mod starts 1993 January, on the Power 100 for 1992 the top ten is (based on in ring performance) 1. Bret Hart (1) 2. Shawn Michaels (3) 3. Jushin Lyger (21) 4. Owen Hart (37) 5. Keiji Mutoh (19) 6. Ric Flair (6) 7. Mascara Sagrada (NA) 8. Ted DiBiase (30) 9. Curt Hennig (9) 10. Masahiro Chono (85)[/QUOTE] Not too shabby, plus bonus points for 3 guys per game matching their real life rankings for 93. 93 PWI top ten. 1. Bret Hart 2. Big Van Vader 3. Shawn Michaels 4. Sting 5. Yokozuna 6. Ric Flair 7. Lex Luger 8. Rick Rude 9. Curt Henning 10. Scott Steiner

Even though all free agents are not yet added i decided to let the AI sim the 1993 and give you a month by month major events update [b]January[/b] WWF Royal Rumble headlined by Bret Hart and Randy Savage over Yokozuna and Mr. Perfect On the other side of the coin WCW Guilty as Charged (Am goign to add in SNME and COTC for WWF and WCW on months they dont have shows since i dont like them having random names like this) anyways it was headlined by Barry Windham and Rick Rude over Sting and Johnny B. Badd WCW Fell to Cult Size Max Crabtree became owner of Midland Promotions Notable signings were KEvin Nash leaving WCW for WWF under the name Diesel, WCW signing Honky Tonk Man, WWF signing Sid Vicious as Sycho Sid, WWF signing back Hawk of L.O.D, WWF signign back Jacques Rougeau as The Mountie, WWF signing back Kerry Von Erich (As Texas Tornado), JAke Roberts, Terri Runnels (As Marlena), Jimmy Garvin, Van Hammer, One Man Gang (As Akeem) and Davey Boy Smith (As British Bulldog), WCW signign Butch Reed, Jerry Lawler, Brutus Beefcake, Don Muraco and Jim Neidhart Scott Norton suffering a major concussion putting him out for 14 months Johnny Smith suffering a Torn Torator Cuff for a year on the shelf WCW signing with J Sports for PPV and WWF signing with Fuji Media [b]February[/b] WWF Passion for Pain headlined by Bret Hart defending the World Title against Razor Ramon (other notable things are Jim Duggan and British Bulldog teaming to beat The Headshrinkers and The Steiners going over a reformed Twin Towers WCW Superbrawl III headlined by Big Van Vader defeanding the World Title against Sting WWF signing back Haku and Terry Taylor but letting The Repo Man and Ric Flair leave due to contract expiry Mitsuhiro Matsunaga suffering a Terminal Disease putting him out for over a year Retirements of Perro Aguayo and Giant Haystacks WWF signing PPV deal with MAIN EVENT TBS dropping WorldWide, Power Hour and Saturday Night Mr. T returning to business after a hiatus [b]March[/b] WWF Vendetta headlined by Lex Luger over Hawk in a poor card all round with none of the major workers even on it (Bret, Yoko, Hulk etc) WCW Killing Machine headlined by Johnny B. Badd going over Big Van Vader in a non-title match as well as a reformed Doom defeating The Hollywood Blonds Michinoku Pro opening owned by Dump Matsumoto and booked by Ted Tanabe with a fairly realistic roster (Akira Fukuzawa, Dick Togo, Dump Matsumoto, Gedo, Hans Nijman, Hayabusa, Jinsei Shinzaki, Kaz Hayashi, Masao Orihara, MEens Teioh, Monkey Magic Wakita, Jado, Shoichi Funaki, TAKA Michinoku, Takuma Sano, Ted Tanabe, Tiger Jeet Singh Jr.) WWF signing Manami Toyota, Jacqueline Moore, Jim Neidhart (As Who) and STING!! Retirements of Tony Atlas, Baron Von Raschke, The Iron Sheik, Rusher Kimura, Butch Miller and Lou Thesz Death of Sherri Martel WWF signing PPV with MVS Multivision [b]April[/b] WWF WrestleMania IX full results Virgil over Iron Mike Sharpe Koko B. Ware over The Berzerker The Headshrinkers over The Executioners Diesel over Glen Ruth Jacqueline Moore time limit draw Manami Toyota Jake Roberts over Jerry Lawler British Bulldog over Haku Shawn Michaels over Marty Jannetty to retain the IC belt Mr. Perfect over Sycho Sid Money Inc. over The Steiners to retain the Tag Titles Sting and Luger over The Twin Towers Bret Hart over Razor Ramon to reating the World Title WCW Torn headlined by Ricky Steamboat winning the NWA World Heavyweight Title from Masahiro Chono Retirmements of Scorpio, Mil Mascaras, Les Kellett and Ivan Koloff [b]May[/b] WWF Beyond Belief headlined by Bret Hart and Rick Martel time limit draw and Randy Savage over Yokozuna double main evnt WCW Slamboree 93 headlined by Big Van Vader defending the WCW World Title over Ricky Steamboat Karl Gotch retired [b]June[/b] WWF King of the Ring 1993 was won by Scott Steiner defeating El Matador in the final WCW Insurgency headlined by Ricky Steamboat defending the NWA World Title over Arn Anderson All-Star Wrestling folded Virgil leaves WWF Marty Jones and Lance Russell retired [b]July[/b] WWF Fighting Spirit headlined by Hawk and Rick Martel over Crush and Big Bossman, although also on the card all champions defended and retained in better matches WCW Beach Blast 93 headlined by Big Van Vader defending the WCW World Title over Ricky Steamboat WWF Fell to Cult Size WWF called up Jeff Jarrett from USWA Ric Flair began touring with RINGS WWF released Bushwhacker Luke and Hulk Hogan Fuerza Guerrera, Dick Murdoch, Luke Williams and Seiji Sakaguchi retired from wrestling Arnold Skaaland, Lord Alfred Hayes and The Sheik left the business Sky Sports dropped Monday Night RAW [b]August[/b] WWF SummerSlam 1993 headlined by Bret Hart retaining the World Title over Hawk whilst further down the card the first title change in WWF this year saw Brian Knobbs defeat Shawn Michaels for the IC Title WCW Welcome to My Hell headlined by a double main event of Ricky Steamboat defending the NWA World Title against Big Van Vader and Doom going a time limit draw with Arn Anderson and Rick Rude WWF called up Scott taylor from USWA Johnny Ace sidelined for a year with a herniated disc Robert Fuller, Dick Slater, Abdullah the Butcher and Johnny Saint all retired from wrestling WCW signed a deal with Nickelodeon to revive Saturday Night whilst the USA Network dropped RAW Wayne Bloom was caught with steroids [b]September[/b] WWF Brain Damage saw Bret Hart again defend the World Title in the main event, this time over Yokozuna to keep his run going strong WCW Fall Brawl 1993 was headlined by Ricky Steamboat defending the NWA World Title against Barry Windham UWA Mexico folded After renewing his WWF contract to only a PPA one OWen Hart also took on a tour with RINGS Ric Flair finished his tour of RINGS having had 5 matches there all against AKira Maeda, losing four and having a time limit draw in another Hiroshi Hase ended up on the shelf for over a year with a broken neck Haruka Eigen retired from wrestling WWF Monday Night RAW ended its run [b]October[/b] WWF One Step Away headlined by Bret Hart retaining the World Title over Shawn Michaels WCW Halloween Havoc 1993 headlined by Rick Rude and Cactus Jack going over Doom and Big Van Vader defending the WCW Title against Ricky Steamboat Hulk Hogan and Dave Finlay signed on to tour with AJPW Billy Jack Haynes, Invader I and Big Daddy retired from wrestling Dave Finlay left AJPW after some problems with Masao Inoue backstage Roddy Piper returned from hiatus and Dos Caras decided to go freelance Owen Hart completed his RINGS tour walking away with the RINGS Championship after defeating Akira Maeda [b]November[/b] WWF Survivor Series 1993 headlined by Bret hart retaining his title over Sycho Sid and surprisingly the second best match on the card with a B was Sting against Earthquake WCW Battlebowl 1993 headlined by Big Van Vader defending the WCW Title against Ricky Steamboat yet again Jerry Lawler stepped down as booker of USWA to be replaced by Dusty Rhodes Owen Hart signed on for another RINGS tour Barry Horowitz came down with a terminal disease for a long time on the shelf only a week after going down with chronic knee pain Bad News Allen retired from wrestling Stu Hart left the business WCW signed a deal with ESPN International from them to show Saturday Night Road WArrior Hawk collapsed with an overdose [b]December[/b] WWF Forever headlined by Bret hart defending against The Mountie and The Rockers reforming to defeat the Twin Towers in an 80's throwback WCW Starrcade 1993 headlined by Big Van Vader defending the WCW Title against Ron Simmons NJPW signing up The Tazmaniac, Perry Saturn and Steven Regal to tour with them among others in a heavy gaijin touring contingent WWF Wrestling Challenge ends it's run [b]The Power 100 1994[/b] This list is based upon in ring performance in 1993 1. El Hijo Del Santo 2. Villano III 3. Bret Hart 4. Misterioso 5. Konnan 6. Volador 7. Blue Panther 8. Villano IV 9. Toshiaki Kawada 10. Kenta Kobashi 11. Jushin Lyger 12. Mitsuharu Misawa 13. villano V 14. Mascara Sagrada 15. Genichiro Tenryu 16. Terry Gordy 17. Tatsumi Fujinami 18. Keiji Mutoh 19. Akira Taue 20. Dean Malenko 21. Cien Caras 22. Lizmark 23. Yokozuna 24. Scott Hall 25. Akira hokuto 26. Masahiro Chono 27. Ted DiBiase 28. Shawn Michaels 29. Shinya Hashimoto 30. Hulk Hogan 31. Mike Rotunda 32. Ricky Steamboat 33. Dos Caras 34. Vader 35. Steve Williams 36. Mascara Ano 2000 37. The Great Sasuke 38. Tsuyoshi Kikuchi 39. Sting 40. Gran Hamada 41. Riki Chosu 42. Curt Hennig 43. Eddy Guerrero 44. Jim Neidhart 45. Art Barr 46. Kengo Kimura 47. Dynamite Kansai 48. Fishman 49. Negro Casas 50. Canek 51. Ray Traylor 52. Octagon 53. Junji Hirata 54. Devil Masami 55. The Dynamite Kid 56. Heavy Metal 57. Dr. Wgner Jr. 58. Tatsutoshi Goto 59. Eagle Sawai 60. One Man Gang 61. Yoshinari Ogawa 62. Jerry Lawler 63. La Parka 64. Arn Anderson 65. Ultimo Dragon 66. El Pantera 67. Hiroshi Hase 68. Aja Kong 69. Scott Steiner 70. Atlantis 71. Satanico 72. Megumi Kudo 73. Chris Benoit 74. Jun Akiyama 75. Etsuko Mita 76. Osamu Matsuda 77. Dave Finlay 78. Tony Arce 79. Masanobu Fuchi 80. Road Warrior Hawk 81. Rick Steiner 82. Mascarita Sagrada 83. Universo 2000 84. Barry Windham 85. Owen Hart 86. Marty Jannetty 87. Shiro Koshinaka 88. Felino 89. Headhunter B 90. Joe Malenko 91. Rocco Valente 92. El Brazo 93. Ron Simmons 94. Rey Misterio Jr. 95. Osamu Kido 96. Lex Luger 97. Kensuke Sasaki 98. Brazo De Plata 99. Dan Spivey 100. Phil LaFon Wrestler of the Year - El Hijo Del Santo Young Wrestler of the Year - Heavy Metal Veteran Wrestler of the year - Genichiro Tenryu Female Wrestler of the year - Akira Hokuto Promotion of the Year - NJPW Most Improved Promotion of the Year - ULL MOTY - Bret Hart over Yokozuna on a February Monday Night RAW SOTY - AAA Amor A. Quemarse in September And just an added note that in January 1994 WWF rose to Global on new years day

The main factor to consider is that the business is much stronger in both Mexico and Japan as the USA is in something of a downturn, hence the falling promotions and Lucha/Puro dominated rankings as they got better in game rankings, hotter crowds etc.

[QUOTE=forlan;499939]The main factor to consider is that the business is much stronger in both Mexico and Japan as the USA is in something of a downturn, hence the falling promotions and Lucha/Puro dominated rankings as they got better in game rankings, hotter crowds etc.[/QUOTE] Is that something that you're going to change? Or are you quite happy keeping it that way? I don't think that 1993 was a particularly bad year for the wrestling industry in the U.S., although the audience was beginning to split over WCW and WWF. That aside, your month by month update made for a really interesting read. I wouldn't mind reading a diary that progressed in that fashion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Still got a lot on at uni and things but im doing little bits here and there, only the future workers to go really now except one or two free agents. Although it seems ill have to do the title histories myself as brian has dissapeared off the face of the earth and was doing them lol. Oh yeah and pictures/logos etc all need doing.

Sounds good Forlan, but damn what is it with title histories guys falling off the face of the earth? I think I've had that happen a good 2-3 times in one mod. If my most recent guy comes through you are more than welcome to use whatever he puts together as a base and just delete a few years. If he doesn't come through then I'm going to cry. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE=forlan;521931]Still got a lot on at uni and things but im doing little bits here and there, only the future workers to go really now except one or two free agents. Although it seems ill have to do the title histories myself as brian has dissapeared off the face of the earth and was doing them lol. Oh yeah and pictures/logos etc all need doing.[/QUOTE] Exactly a month ago the guy doing this mod wrote this. So no it isn't dead.

Some good news is that MattQ2607 from this board has offered to do the title histories. For the first release future workers and such there are not going to be many but then this will be built on over time. I will most likely in the future be making a graphics thread specifically for this mod where kind people can help with finding pics, doing logos, banners etc. thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
After a long time out i am resuming work on this due to my schedule freeing up a little. I am always on the lookout for help in certain areas. At the moment all active promotions are done, title histories need tuning if i remember rightly ( not at my own computer atm so cant check) free agents and future workers need doing and obviously pictures and logos are needed. ATM got pictures in the special 1993 style for WWE (barring a few jobbers), WCW and much of Mexico so work is going well in that respect, hopefully there is still an interest in this. Also negotiations have begun to bring together myself and Phil Parent, he would be a great asset if he comes on board with this mod and we put our previous T-Zone/RaveX rivalry behind us

Archived