New Mod from T-Zone (1993)

When we have enough data to properly test it, we will let you know the situation with this. So far we have tried to keep it as realistic as possible e.g. The Undertaker's potential is Very Good and Bret Hart's is Excellent etc. Workers like The Bushwhackers have Very Low potential. Obviously they are on the extreme ends of the scale but we have tried to think of how workers have evolved to this day and the achievements thay have had since 93'. This is pretty much how we have based it. Cheers for the welcome mate. Much obliged.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Progress Report Alter Egos - 23 Angles - None (Possibly looking for someone to take on the role of angles and storylines within the mod) Dojo Graduates - None Dojos - None Events-12 Gimmicks - 181 Hall of Immortals - 5 Injuries- 130 Locations -None Match Types - 27 Move Sets- 34 Moves - 49 PPV Agreements - 5 PPV Carriers - 32 Promotion Pacts - 2 Promotions - 10 Stables - None Start Injuries - None Storylines -See Angles ^ Teams - 13 Title Lineage - None Titles - 24 TV Shows- 6 TV Show Slots -None TV Networks - see PPV Carriers ^ User Characters - None Worker Relations - 11 Workers - 47

Ok so roughly 74 workers in the data at present with WWF almost finished, just throwing a couple questions out there. 1) Is anyone able to provide any help as far as Importance, Community and Affluence of the game regions within 1993. 2) Does anyone want to do some storylines and angles more specific to the time period as at the moment the Cornellverse ones have been borrowed. 3) Does anyone want to take responsibility for doing locations, they are not really hard and we could do them ourselves if need be but it would certainly speed up the process, if only slightly. 4) After doing a few of the bios, i'll just throw one or two out here to see if they are liked, obviously the bigger stars will have bigger ones as they have more to be wrote. The two i will show are Bret Hart and Tito Santana "The Excellence of Execution" Bret "The Hitman" Hart is regarded by many to be one of the best technical wrestlers in the industry today. Trained in the legendary Dungeon by his father Stu Hart he began his career working for Stampede Wrestling in Calgary as well as short stints in New Japan Pro Wrestling before his big break came and he joined the WWF. After a failed cowboy gimmick Bret earned large amounts of success in the late 80's/early 90's as a part of the "Hart Foundation" with Jim Neidhart. The team held the WWF Tag Team Titles twice in that time and had spells as both heel and face before the team split just after a Wrestlemania VII loss. Hart went on to win the Intercontinental Title twice winning it from Mr. Perfect and then Roddy Piper in two classic matches. As 1992 drew to a close Hart took the biggest prize in the industry when he defeated Ric Flair for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship in Saskatoon making him only the 2nd ever Triple Crown winner in the company. "El Matador" Tito Santana (Merced Solis) is approaching almost twenty years in the business, most of which has been spent with the WWF with a large amount of success. He has twice held the WWF Intercontinental Championship as well as also being a two time holder of the WWF Tag Team Titles with Ivan Putski and then as "Strike Force" with Rick Martel. Santana has also appeared in all eight WWF Wrestlemania events that have happened so far although his record is one win and seven losses and the win was only against the jobber The Executioner at Wrestlemania I. Now coming into the later years of his career he has been repacked with a Spanish Bullfighter style gimmick although is mostly being used as a "B" show talent.

• 2 weeks later...
Progress: Alter Egos - 44 Angles - 433(imported from Cornellverse) Dojo Graduates - None Dojos - 7 Events-12 Gimmicks - 183 Hall of Immortals - 5 Injuries- 161 (Imported from Cornellverse) Locations -None Match Types - 27 Move Sets- 64 Moves - 87 PPV Agreements - 5 PPV Carriers - 32 Promotion Pacts - 5 Promotions - 10 Stables - None Start Injuries - None Storylines -37 (Imported from Cornellverse) Teams - 19 Title Lineage - None Titles - 24 TV Shows- 6 TV Show Slots -None TV Networks - None User Characters - None Worker Relations - 35 Workers - 98

[QUOTE=jsadighi;438209]Just looked over your rosters. I think Triple H Was working for WCW back in 1993. I think he used the name Jean-Paul Levesque, he was using a snooting Frenchman gimmick at the time.[/QUOTE] Yeah I wanted to mention early, Solie.org rosters are only so accurate. They'll give you an accurate idea of the main names, which I guess is sufficent for most people, but obviously they leave out a few wrestlers, job guys, road agents, announcers, referees, managers, etc.

[QUOTE=jsadighi;438209]Just looked over your rosters. I think Triple H Was working for WCW back in 1993. I think he used the name Jean-Paul Levesque, he was using a snooting Frenchman gimmick at the time.[/QUOTE] Actually, he didn"t use the Jean-Paul Levesque name and gimmick until sometime in mid-to-late-1994. Before that, he worked for WCW under the name Terra Ryzing. I don't know exactly when he was signed, though. Could be he was alreadz in WCW in 1993 but he might just as well have started in 1994.

[QUOTE=Nachtfalter;438273]Actually, he didn"t use the Jean-Paul Levesque name and gimmick until sometime in mid-to-late-1994. Before that, he worked for WCW under the name Terra Ryzing. I don't know exactly when he was signed, though. Could be he was alreadz in WCW in 1993 but he might just as well have started in 1994.[/QUOTE] He started in WCW sometime around February-March 1994, and used Terra Ryzing, before they changed his gimmick into that of a blueblood. Pre 1994 he was just Terra Ryzing on the independents. Funny how far he has come.

Don't worry guys those rosters were purely initial research and before everyone is made they are wholey checked out to make sure they are going to he right destination (one big example is solie did not have flair in the wwf but he should be as he did not leave until part way through january as i clearly remember a loser leaves wwf match against mr perfect on a january raw). As for staff, jobbers and the like, of course they are being done too. thanks

Just to clairfy, WWF is almost done and here is the roster currently in place for them Afa Arnold Skaaland Bam Bam Bigelow Barry Darsow (as Repo Man) Bill Alfonso Bob Backlund Bobby Heenan Bret Hart Brian Adams (As Crush) Brian Knobbs Butch Miller Charles Wright (As Papa Shango) Chris Chavis (As Tatanka) Curt Hennig (As Mr. Perfect) Danny Davis Dave Hebner Earl Hebner Fatu Fredd Ottman (As Typhoon) Gene Okerlund Gerald Brisco Glenn Ruth Gorilla Monsoon Harvey Wippleman Howard Finkel Hulk Hogan Iron Mike Sharpe Jack Lanza Jack Tunney James J. Dillon Jerry Sags Jim Duggan Jim Powers Jimmy Hart Joey Marella John Nord (As The Berzerker) John Tenta (As Earthquake) Koko B. Ware Linda McMahon Luke Williams Mark Callous (As The Undertaker) Marty Jannetty Matt Borne (As Doink the Clown) Mike Enos (As Blake Beverly) Mike Jones (As Virgil) Mike Rotunda (As Irwin R. Schyster) Mr. Fuji Owen Hart PJ Walker Pat Patterson Paul Diamond (As Max Moon) Percy Pringle III (As Paul Bearer) Phil Theis (As Damien Demento) Randy Savage Ray Traylor (As Big Bossman) Rene Goulet Reno Riggins Rick Martel Rick Steiner Samu Scott Hall (As Razor Ramon) Sean Mooney Sean Waltman (As The Kid) Shane McMahon Shawn Michaels Sherri Martel Slick Steve Keirn (As Skinner) Steve Lombardi (As Brooklyn Brawler) Ted DiBiase Tim White Tito Santana (As El Matador) Todd Pettengill Tony Garea Vince McMahon Wayne Bloom (As Beau Beverly) Yokozuna With the following people to be made to complete the roster Scott Steiner Jerry Lawler Lex Luger Giant Gonzalez Kamala Ric Flair Lord Alfred Hayes Duane Gill thanks

Just a little note, after the other thread discussion made it clear to me people wanted alter-egos from after the mod startdate in....i have caved and will add them "however" they will have a low percentage chance, getting lower on how far in the future they took on hat gimmick. E.g. Papa Shango and Kama Mustafa would have more chance of coming up for Charles Wright than Godfather or Goodfather etc.

[QUOTE=forlan;439763]Just a little note, after the other thread discussion made it clear to me people wanted alter-egos from after the mod startdate in....i have caved and will add them "however" they will have a low percentage chance, getting lower on how far in the future they took on hat gimmick. E.g. Papa Shango and Kama Mustafa would have more chance of coming up for Charles Wright than Godfather or Goodfather etc.[/QUOTE] thats a great comprise.......cheers

Progress Report Alter Egos - 85 Angles - 433(imported from Cornellverse) Dojo Graduates - None Dojos - 7 Events-12 Gimmicks - 281 Hall of Immortals - 12 Injuries- 161 (Imported from Cornellverse) Locations -None Match Types - 53 Move Sets- 85 Moves - 115 PPV Agreements - 5 PPV Carriers - 32 Promotion Pacts - 5 Promotions - 12 Stables - None Start Injuries - None Storylines -37 (Imported from Cornellverse) Teams - 23 Title Lineage - None Titles - 24 TV Shows- 6 TV Show Slots -None TV Networks - None User Characters - None Worker Relations - 43 Workers - 132

Blindfold match Falls Count Anywhere match Flag match Handicap match Iron man match Ladder Lumberjack match (Move, i.e Bodyslam) match Scaffold match Special referee Steel Cage Strip (tuxedo, bra and panties) matches Two out of three falls match Thats all I can find for a early 90s 1v1 Did you put in a 4v4 or 5v5 wargames match type?

Forlan me old chum nice to see you back in the modding world. It's almost encouraging me to get off my ass and carry on with mine. I have the End of Golden Era mod if you want it. Probably not, but the offer is there. Have you thought of not doing January, but post King of the Ring to make Hogan a free agent?

[QUOTE=TCP1;446397]Forlan me old chum nice to see you back in the modding world. It's almost encouraging me to get off my ass and carry on with mine. I have the End of Golden Era mod if you want it. Probably not, but the offer is there. Have you thought of not doing January, but post King of the Ring to make Hogan a free agent?[/QUOTE] Well, you could also have Hogan's contract expire too, since we can do that now. Only thing is he might resign... Guess you could set up a relationship with Vince where he doesnt.

[QUOTE=forlan;431595] 1) Is anyone able to provide any help as far as Importance, Community and Affluence of the game regions within 1993. [/QUOTE] The UK in 1993 was a bit of a dead zone as far as wrestling went. WWF was huge over - but the indy scene was near dead. The few shows that were held were pretty small. Walthamstow Assembly Hall (I think, I used to work around the corner and it's the only place I can think of that could have been used in the area) in North London hosted a few shows (booked by Dirtbike Kid) around 93/94 but there wasn't a regular promotion around then. Mark Sloan and the Fratton (later Frontier) Wrestling Alliance were some way from forming - 97 or so, I think. In saying that, the UK, particularly London/the South was on the verge of a financial upswing that would last more than a decade. For the UK, Importance would be pretty low, Community size middling to good (bear in mind that SSlam 92 at Wembley pulled nearly 90k and 10k attendances would be the norm for the post SSlam house show tour in 94 ([url]http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/[/url])) and Affluence High, with a C+ and rising economy (or thereabouts) and the Business at about D- and rising (a wellspring of indy shows and small would spring up over the next couple of years, and the All-Star and WWF rip-off shows would do small but continual business through until the early 2000s) Hope that's some help - I don't have the editor open in front of me, so I can't say for sure what can and can't be replicated.

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;446409]Well, you could also have Hogan's contract expire too, since we can do that now. Only thing is he might resign... Guess you could set up a relationship with Vince where he doesnt.[/QUOTE] Technicially, Vince & Hogan were "strong dislike" relationship, as Hogan was the main one testifying for the WWF steriods scandal. Then there was the incident where Hogan was working show in Japan, where he cut a promo about how the NJPW title was "ichiban" (one number) where as the WWF title wasn't important.

Archived