B-Show question and dark matches

Reading about the B-shows, it says that it's for developing wrestlers and that popularity is not an issue, so it doesnt increase or decrease a workes popularity. Does this mean I can have, say, Charlie Haas dominate and defeat The Undertaker in a quick 2minute burial and his popularity won't even go up a bit? Will momentum go up and down in these shows? Presumeably, if the B-show is aired on TV then popularity would still go up or down for big wins or losses. Also with dark matches, (pre-show segment matches), how much does this affect momentum? Another thing about dark matches, can they be used to try out gimmicks for a wrestler? I could, for example, wonder whether a certain wrestler would fit a knights gimmick. I could then run them as a knight in a few dark matches, get feedback about their gimmick (whether it would get an A to a F rating) and then decide to either go with the knights gimmick when I put them on TV, or return them to TV with the gimmick they had already.

As far as gimmicks go, a worker has to be completely inactive for a gimmick change not to take affect - and that means any user-controlled appearance, be it A-show, B-show or dark match, will count towards a gimmick change. If a worker debuts a gimmick change (even in a dark match at a non-televised event on the other side of the world from your usual stamping ground) then then he's stuck with it, and can't change again anytime soon without the fans dumping on it. At least that's how it's been in every TEW so far - so I'm presuming that hasn't changed for 08. House shows, however, are fine - as far as I am aware, a worker can continue to work house shows even while sitting out the wait period for a gimmick change, and the gimmick change will not occur until they appear at a user-controlled event.

[QUOTE=James Casey;428958]As far as gimmicks go, a worker has to be completely inactive for a gimmick change not to take affect - and that means any user-controlled appearance, be it A-show, B-show or dark match, will count towards a gimmick change. If a worker debuts a gimmick change (even in a dark match at a non-televised event on the other side of the world from your usual stamping ground) then then he's stuck with it, and can't change again anytime soon without the fans dumping on it. At least that's how it's been in every TEW so far - so I'm presuming that hasn't changed for 08.[/QUOTE] That's not true, James. At least not in 07. Try this: change a worker's gimmick then have them work a show as a road agent...or ref...or announcer...or color commentator (just in the booth), or heck, have them work a few house shows. Does their gimmick change take effect? If not, why not? Are those roles "completely inactive"?

[QUOTE=Carl1000000;428896]Also with dark matches, (pre-show segment matches), how much does this affect momentum?[/quote] As far as I know, the same as any other match. Although I'm only basing this on the fact that a debuting worker in a dark match is assigned a momentum value afterwards, and it looks about 'normal' ¬_¬ So... er... yeah. Not exactly definitive. [quote]Another thing about dark matches, can they be used to try out gimmicks for a wrestler? I could, for example, wonder whether a certain wrestler would fit a knights gimmick. I could then run them as a knight in a few dark matches, get feedback about their gimmick (whether it would get an A to a F rating) and then decide to either go with the knights gimmick when I put them on TV, or return them to TV with the gimmick they had already.[/QUOTE] Their gimmick will have officially changed and received a rating when they debut, even in a dark segment. So that wouldn't work.

I would say worker overness and worker momentum would change on a B-Show. Say they are starting to get really over, and have high momentum, that's whe you bring them to your A-Show etc. I would definitly say [I]atleast[/I] momentum changes.

What say 'B' Shows have a 10% factor of 'A' Shows on everything? just a thought... I don't know if this has already been addressed but I think your higher end workers like the top 40% should refuse to work 'B' Shows...

Archived