When will the sequel be released?

I found this game had too many annoying errors and limitations and gave my licence away a long time ago. I'm just wondering when the sequel is scheduled for released? Also, will it have a real play-by-play, dark matches on tv/ppv and worthwhile contract negotiations? Those were the things that annoyed me about the current game and when I was told they couldn't be implemented through updates I gave up on WMMA.

[QUOTE=rjhabeeb;429004]it has the ability to book a full card therefore you have undercard fights(why the need for "dark matches")[/QUOTE] Simple. Dark matches would be to help build up the fighters careers without their fight affecting an events rating. That way you can book two boring fighters without having them bring your event's rating down. I would actually love this idea so I don't have to keep Australia as a "poor" rating area to build my up-and-comers and the UK as a "mediocre" rating area to build my rising stars.

[QUOTE=rjhabeeb;429004]what exactly are you looking for?? this game has play by play(its not great but its there) it has the ability to book a full card therefore you have undercard fights(why the need for "dark matches")[/QUOTE] There was always an issue with PPV and TV show that fights you'd normally want as prelims would effect the rating. Where as in a real situation you wouldn't televise them, they'd be something extra for those in attendance. There were many suggestions about this back when the game was new. As for play-by-play, what the game currently provides is simply a post-fight review. A play-by-play is what you get in the Championship Manager games on the PC. It describes what is happening as it unfolds. There is no drama or excitement in just reading what has already happened.

[QUOTE]I found this game had too many annoying errors and limitations and gave my licence away a long time ago. I'm just wondering when the sequel is scheduled for released? [/QUOTE] No sequel has even been confirmed, let alone scheduled. If it were to go ahead it wouldn't be until late '08 at the very earliest given that I'm still working on TEW08 through June. [QUOTE]Also, will it have a real play-by-play, dark matches on tv/ppv and worthwhile contract negotiations?[/QUOTE] Again, it's a game that doesn't even exist, I have no idea what features would be in it at this stage. As with all my games I would use the suggestions forum to get the bulk of the ideas.

Thanks Adam, I will give TEW 08 a demo. I think it would be a shame not to update the game, it has the foundations of becoming something much better. My main suggestions are above and had previously been posted in the relevant forum; however, it appears many old posts in the WMMA forum have since vanished. I think that each character should just have a frontal pic. This would make it easier to create more and for them to be similar in quality. Also, might leave room to fit more info on the character's page.

[QUOTE=nrallen;432674] I think it would be a shame not to update the game, it has the foundations of becoming something much better. My main suggestions are above and had previously been posted in the relevant forum; however, it appears many old posts in the WMMA forum have since vanished. [/QUOTE] I think you can't see the posts since they're older than the forum's cut-off date. Go to the relevant forum and scroll down until you see controls which allow you to view posts older than a month.

I'm looking forward to a sequel already too, I'm still enjoying the first one, but that was just the first try, and Adam Ryland wouldn't have to build a whole engine just like the new wrestling game I don't really know a lot about wrestling so I'm not sure I could play the new wrestling game.

[QUOTE=BHK1978;438221]Count me in on wanting a sequel! I might be in the minority but I like this game more then the Wrestling games (And I love the wrestling games).[/QUOTE] Same here i think this is better but a wmma spirit would be great seeming as mma is real and better for that type of game

I know MMA has an undercard/prelims but dark matches are just the same thing as prelims - they are non-televised fights. It's usually just the main event(s) and the main card that is televised, therefore, undercard/prelim fights shouldn't impact a PPV or TV show. Do the TV shows have a lower expectation than PPVs and live events?

Yes, TV has lower expectations. As a UFC level promotion with some of the biggest free agent stars in the game, I'm finding it difficult to put a string of PPV's together where my popularity grows more than it lessens. Television, on the other hand... I could put five fights with extremely low interest ratings on and still seem to gain popularity everywhere.

I have to say that although this was the first attempt on the game, i still enjoyed it more than TEW and that says allot as i love that game. If there was a choice between Wrespi and WMMA i would choose the later easilly. A Wrespi version of WMMA would be an option, but i still would prefer a sequel to this game.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Samoa Joe ROH;438471]Same here i think this is better but a wmma spirit would be great seeming as mma is real and better for that type of game[/QUOTE] True that. WMMA Spirit>Wrespi. Man, I DESPISE Wrespi... what's the point? The concept doesn't work for a fake sport, man. Hope there's another WMMA soon though, Adam. You'd have my money on that for sure. I actually enjoy WMMA slightly more than TEW.

[QUOTE=R0CKSTAR;450825]True that. WMMA Spirit>Wrespi. Man, I DESPISE Wrespi... what's the point? The concept doesn't work for a fake sport, man[/QUOTE] That's a bit harsh. While WreSpi wasn't perfect I wouldn't say I could DESPISE a game unless it was the biggest waste of money ever, and I never felt I wasted my time or money playing WreSpi

Archived