TEW 2008 ReapeR's Title Belt RendeRs

Liontamer,

You are starting to have your own style to these titles. I definately like the look of this one, very edgy in my opinion.

The only thing I see is that it looks flat. Of course, if this is the look you are going for, then I'll shut-up and let you do your thing. If not, then maybe start using more bevels on each layer, (i.e. seperate bevels on the words, each pic use, etc.). Hope that makes sense.

Bevel and gradients on each layer, seperately will help give it that metal 3D look. Overall, tremendous work. Keep this up.

R

thanks for the compliments and feedback. This title was actually not too hard as I just colered in a black and white template with minor edits.

I was thinking the same about the strap and just redid it. I tried bevelling on this one, but had some issues with it this time, and it made things look worse so aside from the gold border on the main plate I levft everything unbeveled. not sure what I was doing wrong, normally it works fine.

I think a small part of the flat look also has to do with it being from a template because I couldn't drop shadow the different comonents of the belt like usual, only the whole plates.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure how to do trophies so I took the easy way out on this on and put a lion on top of an existing trophy with minor edits. If anyone has ideas for how to make the lion look more realistic, I'm all ears.

anyway, here it is (and the final title to close your set, unless i can find the second version of the tag titles I'd done).......

UWA Young Lion Trophy

http://xgcffq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pAQkXSXnb3eSZgU7dsTw9iKBwskDXiqUl9WPAfxRwjIlDW4Twqp6BJSuIu5PELQDC-Lw7WfkBAuwXXWNKihVFzDd5__Iuchek/UWA-YoungLionSmall.jpg

Large Version

Version 2

http://xgcffq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pF4oeJbRDW3pxawOAaH06kmY1C9vHI7OPI1yIQRaSsuVbirtZotcPXXEs7Qq6JRJ27L4jB8Ux2PdEAcOItpYjqqgEM_XZbU86/UWA-YoungLionSmall2.jpg

Large Version2

I was going to pm this, but thought it might be good to post in the open for those looking to learn how to make belts so you can see some of the process (note it's saved in stages, so you can see the progress and always go back if you mess it up)....

Spent a few hours working on one of the titles for my promotion and could use some ideas for things to add to it. This is the Universal Grand Champion Title, which is a level above world title and is won in an interpromotional tournament. Since it is a step above world, I want it to stand out more than the world and tag titles seen here

Here is where I'm at right now.

also, on a creative note, I can't decide if the area inside of the 'C' in champion should be hollow or filled. both look off to me for some reason.

At this point I'm leaning against putting a promotion tag on this one (since it's really interpromotional), so anyone can feel free ot use it when I'm done.

-----edit-------------------------------------edit------------------------------

Here's what I ended up with. Still looking for more to add to it.

APW Universal Grand Champion Title ver 1

http://xgcffq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1piOBeSp-E86wsCnsjUwg7GDjkRchiEgITdybwk39BGxVK_alCJEiz8a71LVT5A7QXP3SXzOJLC8TQBgJMm3xXsw/APW(MY)_UGrandSmall1.jpg

Large Version

APW Universal Grand Champion Title ver 2

http://xgcffq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1phGTCxaBubKaOYPWFBwfQmfmrpWIotaa_iTOG3YgxL_gQudSp8sAi5GBuBSLGgj_P6Q4F9kWcgzXhM-LYuOaR8g/APW(MY)_UGrandSmall2.jpg

Large Version 2

I was going to pm this, but thought it might be good to post in the open for those looking to learn how to make belts so you can see some of the process (note it's saved in stages, so you can see the progress and always go back if you mess it up)....

Spent a few hours working on one of the titles for my promotion and could use some ideas for things to add to it. This is the Universal Grand Champion Title, which is a level above world title and is won in an interpromotional tournament. Since it is a step above world, I want it to stand out more than the world and tag titles seen here

Here is where I'm at right now.

also, on a creative note, I can't decide if the area inside of the 'C' in champion should be hollow or filled. both look off to me for some reason.

At this point I'm leaning against putting a promotion tag on this one (since it's really interpromotional), so anyone can feel free ot use it when I'm done.

-----edit-------------------------------------edit------------------------------

Here's what I ended up with. Still looking for more to add to it.

APW Universal Grand Champion Title ver 1

http://xgcffq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1piOBeSp-E86wsCnsjUwg7GDjkRchiEgITdybwk39BGxVK_alCJEiz8a71LVT5A7QXP3SXzOJLC8TQBgJMm3xXsw/APW(MY)_UGrandSmall1.jpg

Large Version

APW Universal Grand Champion Title ver 2

http://xgcffq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1phGTCxaBubKaOYPWFBwfQmfmrpWIotaa_iTOG3YgxL_gQudSp8sAi5GBuBSLGgj_P6Q4F9kWcgzXhM-LYuOaR8g/APW(MY)_UGrandSmall2.jpg

Large Version 2

Very nice. Here are some suggestion that I would do if these were mine.

1. Take the designs that you have in the background and give them pillow emboss with a 90 degree angle, or keep the angle the same as it seems that's the look you like. Either way works just fine. Make sure you emboss them seperately and take off the drop shadow.

2. Use and outside bevel on the center guy and the 4 stars around the title.

3. If you really want them to stand out, try selecting them and starting a new layer. With the new layer, stroke it with maybe a size 5, definately no larger than 10. Use the same color as the main plate, bevel it and gradient the stroke layer seperately. This is more of an option than anything. Even I don't use it that much.

4. Go ahead and "hollow" out the letters. Anywhere there is black in a hole (i.e, the C, A, O etc.)

That's all I can think of currently. But this should help give you that 3D look. Either way, I absolutely love the look of this title.

R

Current Belt Left Counter: 18...

List counter. Red requests are discounted due to submitters not following the simple rule of 3 requests at a time.

1. WNW Femme Fatale - SeanMcFly - DONE
  2. WNW Lethal Ladies - DONE

1. GDW World Heavyweight - jtlange - DONE
  2. GDW World Tag Team - DONE
  3. GDW International - DONE

1. NAW Championship - Craig Edwards - DONE
  2. NAW USA - DONE
  3. NAW Tag Team - DONE

1. CGC Golden Girl championship belt - D-lyrium - DONE

1. AWC Champion - paulskln - DONE
  2. AWC Tag Team - DONE
  3. AWC Nationwide - DONE

1. CPW World Heavyweight Champion - phinatic39 - DONE
  2. CPW World Television Champion - DONE
  3. CPW Angels Champion (Women's title) - DONE

1. HIW Championship title (not "world" or "heavyweight" but just HIW champion) - Gunnark - DONE
  2. HIW Impact title - DONE
  3. HIW Tag Team title - DONE

1. MCW Heavyweight Title - Clabobby - DONE
  2. MCW Cruiserweight Title - DONE
  3. MCW Alternative Title - DONE

1. DCW Heavyweight Title - Krazy Killian - DONE
  2. DCW Television Title - DONE
  3. DCW Tag Team Titles - DONE

1. RPW World - Sonfaro - DONE
  2. RPW Double Act - DONE
  3. RPW Internet Title - DONE

• haloed private request - DONE

• wrestlingfan#1 private request - DONE

• ROF Womens - Benjacko - DONE

• UFC-KING private request

1. MIW Stipulation Championship - Stennick - DONE
  2. MIW Tornado Title - DONE
  3. MIW King of Extreme championship - DONE

1. TOEI The Millennium Belt - crayon - DONE
  2. M-UNIT Strap of the Gods - DONE
  3. CAWK Pro Jobber - DONE

• Self private request

1. EWE World Heavyweight - MrCanada **too many titles**
  2. EWE X-Division
  3. EWE Television
  4. EWE World Tag Team

1. MAW Title - James Casey - DONE

1. TCW Champion - R.O.F.L - DONE
  2. TCW Legends - DONE

1. CCW - Irish Heavyweight Champion - Scorpio3060 **too many titles**
  2. CCW - Irish Tag Team Champions
  3. CCW - The Celtic Warrior (A Main Event Level Championship)
  4. CCW - Irish Lass Championship (something with Shamrocks)

1. NOTBPW Tap Out Title - Hyde Hill - DONE

1. WWW World Heavyweight - Fleisch - DONE
  2. WWW Primetime - DONE
  3. WWW Tag Team - DONE

1. WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Shizztastic - DONE
  2. WCW International Championship - DONE
  3. WCW Televison Championship - DONE

• 13!!! titles - MetalGear Yoshi

1. World Title - juggaloninjalee
  2. Tag Team Titles
  3. Big Ten Title (Yearly Tournament Title)

1. UWA World Heavyweight Champion - Purple Cowboy
  2. UWA World Tag Team Champions
  3. UWA Garden State Champion

1. HGC World Heavyweight - Liamo
  2. HGC International
  3. HGC World Tag Team

1. WWA World Heavyweight - dvdWarrior
  2. WWA World Tag Team
  3. WWA Jr. Heavyweight

1. The Blueprint World Title - Karl Kitsch
  2. The Blueprint Tag Title
  3. The Blueprint Women's Title

1. BSW Heavyweight Championship - BHK1978
  2. BSW Northwestern Championship
  3. BSW Northwestern Tag Team Championships

That's the current list as best as I can tell. I might've missed a private request or two but they're harder to scan for. Also, it helps tremendously if you don't embed your title request in a paragraph.

blah blah blah blah blah title request blah blah blah

is harder to see then

Title Request - blah blah blah

If I remember my count that makes ~63 belts on the list, not including the people who didn't follow the rules and submitted too many belt requests.

I'm all for discounting title posts that don't follow the very simple rule of

3 belts at a time!!!

Very nice. Here are some suggestion that I would do if these were mine.

1. Take the designs that you have in the background and give them pillow emboss with a 90 degree angle, or keep the angle the same as it seems that's the look you like. Either way works just fine. Make sure you emboss them seperately and take off the drop shadow.

2. Use and outside bevel on the center guy and the 4 stars around the title.

3. If you really want them to stand out, try selecting them and starting a new layer. With the new layer, stroke it with maybe a size 5, definately no larger than 10. Use the same color as the main plate, bevel it and gradient the stroke layer seperately. This is more of an option than anything. Even I don't use it that much.

4. Go ahead and "hollow" out the letters. Anywhere there is black in a hole (i.e, the C, A, O etc.)

That's all I can think of currently. But this should help give you that 3D look. Either way, I absolutely love the look of this title.

R

Thanks for the tips.

1. Not familiar with pillow embossing and it's not something that is part of my graphics program when I searched for it. As far as I can tell I can use the emboss feature under texture (but it's nonadjustable and looks bad), or as part of the layer style (adjustable, but limited and I'm not sure it's an improvement). So I looked it up and found this link http://www.ggi-international.com/en/products/membrane/graphic/embossing.php to see if I could work around to get the same effect, and looking at the pics I'm wondering how it's different than a drop shadow? -which confuses me even more as you said to get rid of the drop shadow

2. With these last two titles the bevel has been confusing me a bit. I've literally beveled everything on the title with an outer bevel and nearly everything with an inner bevel as well (aside form the unfilled name plates on the sides and the silver parts) and everything worked as expected. Going back now, selecting these images and outer beveling...and...I don't see it doing anything (even when I magnify the effect size to ridiculous levels)which is leaving me a bit confused.

3. not sure what you're talking about here, doesn't sound like anything I'm familiar with. can you post a link or example as to what this effect does.

4. haven't gotten to this yet, but shouldn't be too hard.

I also tried a new strap design technique on this one and was a little ticked because it looked great before lighting and after lighting there is too much contrast, butoh well.

Aslo, while trying to follow your advice above I played around with the plate design layer trying different settings and came up with this sweet alternative by burning it into the plate.

-----edit-------

I figured out the beveling problem and will get back to working on that in a few days (seems the object being beveled has to be on the same layer as the object behind it). I also came up with a better technique for the lion trophy and updated the line figure back on the original post. Used inner bevelling for that.

Thanks for the tips.

1. Not familiar with pillow embossing and it's not something that is part of my graphics program when I searched for it. As far as I can tell I can use the emboss feature under texture (but it's nonadjustable and looks bad), or as part of the layer style (adjustable, but limited and I'm not sure it's an improvement). So I looked it up and found this link http://www.ggi-international.com/en/products/membrane/graphic/embossing.php to see if I could work around to get the same effect, and looking at the pics I'm wondering how it's different than a drop shadow? -which confuses me even more as you said to get rid of the drop shadow

2. With these last two titles the bevel has been confusing me a bit. I've literally beveled everything on the title with an outer bevel and nearly everything with an inner bevel as well (aside form the unfilled name plates on the sides and the silver parts) and everything worked as expected. Going back now, selecting these images and outer beveling...and...I don't see it doing anything (even when I magnify the effect size to ridiculous levels)which is leaving me a bit confused.

3. not sure what you're talking about here, doesn't sound like anything I'm familiar with. can you post a link or example as to what this effect does.

4. haven't gotten to this yet, but shouldn't be too hard.

I also tried a new strap design technique on this one and was a little ticked because it looked great before lighting and after lighting there is too much contrast, butoh well.

Aslo, while trying to follow your advice above I played around with the plate design layer trying different settings and came up with this sweet alternative by burning it into the plate.

Well, these are what I use with Photoshop CS3. Not sure what you're using so it might be different. So I'm really no help there. As for the strap, I don't even use a light effect on it. Just the plates.

I love how ReapeR and liontamer's have two distinct styles going on for themselves. Both recognizably theirs, but close enough so that the belts could work together in a database together.

We all know about the awesomness of ReapeR, but it's gotta be said that I'm loving the look of liontamer's too. The color of his gold plating especially stands out to me as well.

Some for the DragonVerse Again

WNW Femme Fatale

WNW Lethal Ladies

logo can be found in the DragonVerse thread, but I'll get it up when I can

EDIT :

Logo

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu163/UFC-KING/WNW.jpg

Sean,

Curious as to what kind of promotion this is? I keep looking at the names of the titles and I keep invisioning "hardcore".

I've got a few ideas for these but want to make sure I'm in the right ballpark.

Thanks,

R

why is it blocked, it's hotmail?

I guess my work blocks hotmail /shrug.

Hey, I noticed the excellent job you did on that trophy. Would you be up for trophy requests?

I would love a

RIPW Nero Invitational Tournament Trophy

and a CCW (Chicago Championship Wrestling) Hanson Invitational Tournament Trophy.

It can be the same trophy with the name switched about.

Sex Entertainment FTW :D

Hmmm... Never thought of that. Give me a day or two for these.

Also, something I was working on. Figured someone might be able to use it.

PWC Championship

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n230/jhall2129/TEW%20Title%20Belts/PWCChampion.jpg

I guess my work blocks hotmail /shrug.

Hey, I noticed the excellent job you did on that trophy. Would you be up for trophy requests?

I would love a

RIPW Nero Invitational Tournament Trophy

and a CCW (Chicago Championship Wrestling) Hanson Invitational Tournament Trophy.

It can be the same trophy with the name switched about.

I have a couple of other belts to get through (might not take long though because I saw some of the same requests on reaper's list so he may be doing them instead), then I might give it a shot. Trophies are hard to do and I don't think I have the right software for it, but I'm always up to trying; might learn something new I can use in the process.

also...if you can see the trophy, why can't you see the titles? they are hosted on the same site. Or is it just that you're not at work now so you can see everything?

WNW Femme Fatale - SeanMcFly

WNW Lethal Ladies

GDW World Heavyweight - jtlange

GDW World Tag Team

GDW International

NAW Championship - Craig Edwards

NAW USA

NAW Tag Team

CGC Golden Girl championship belt - D-lyrium

AWC Champion - paulskln

AWC Tag Team

AWC Hardcore

CPW World Heavyweight Champion - phinatic39

CPW World Television Champion

CPW Angels Champion (Women's title)

HIW Championship title (not "world" or "heavyweight" but just HIW champion) - Gunnark

HIW Impact title

HIW Tag Team title

MCW Heavyweight Title - Clabobby

MCW Cruiserweight Title

MCW Alternative Title

DCW Heavyweight Title - Krazy Killian

DCW Television Title

DCW Tag Team Titles

RPW World - Sonfaro

RPW Double Act

RPW Internet Title

UFC-KING private request

MIW Stipulation Championship - Stennick

MIW Tornado Title

MIW King of Extreme championship

TOEI The Millennium Belt - crayon

M-UNIT Strap of the Gods

CAWK Pro Jobber

Self private request

EWE World Heavyweight - MrCanada **too many titles**

EWE X-Division

EWE Television

EWE World Tag Team

TCW Champion - R.O.F.L

TCW Legends

CCW - Irish Heavyweight Champion - Scorpio3060 **too many titles**

CCW - Irish Tag Team Champions

CCW - The Celtic Warrior (A Main Event Level Championship)

CCW - Irish Lass Championship (something with Shamrocks)

NOTBPW Tap Out Title - Hyde Hill

WWW World Heavyweight - Fleisch

WWW Primetime

WWW Tag Team

WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Shizztastic

WCW International Championship

WCW Televison Championship

13!!! titles - MetalGear Yoshi

World Title - juggaloninjalee

Tag Team Titles

Big Ten Title (Yearly Tournament Title)

UWA World Heavyweight Champion - Purple Cowboy

UWA World Tag Team Champions

UWA Garden State Champion

HGC World Heavyweight - Liamo

HGC International

HGC World Tag Team

WWA World Heavyweight - dvdWarrior

WWA World Tag Team

WWA Jr. Heavyweight

The Blueprint World Title - Karl Kitsch

The Blueprint Tag Title

The Blueprint Women's Title

BSW Heavyweight Championship - BHK1978

BSW Northwestern Championship

BSW Northwestern Tag Team Championships

That's the current list as best as I can tell. I might've missed a private request or two but they're harder to scan for. Also, it helps tremendously if you don't embed your title request in a paragraph.

blah blah blah blah blah title request blah blah blah

is harder to see then

Title Request - blah blah blah

If I remember my count that makes ~63 belts on the list, not including the people who didn't follow the rules and submitted too many belt requests.

I'm all for discounting title posts that don't follow the very simple rule of

3 belts at a time!!!

yeah i have a private request in there as well, but I know what you mean about requests that aren't in a certain format I run into the same problem when trying to compile a list of requests in the Alt pic thread.

Some for the DragonVerse Again

WNW Femme Fatale

WNW Lethal Ladies

logo can be found in the DragonVerse thread, but I'll get it up when I can

EDIT :

Logo

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu163/UFC-KING/WNW.jpg

Apologize for taking so long.

Here's your first one...

WNW Femme Fatale Championship

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n230/jhall2129/TEW%20Title%20Belts/WNWFemmeFatale.jpg

And the second one...

WNW Lethal Ladies Championship

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n230/jhall2129/TEW%20Title%20Belts/WNWLethalLadies.jpg