NOTPBW - A New Direction

[QUOTE] From [url]www.notbpw.com[/url] With Jeremy Stone sensationally gone from NOTBPW after losing his career vs title match against Johnny Bloodstone, how will [B]Dan Jr[/B] - the only active surviving Stone - cope? He'll start by teaming with [B]Tim Westybrook [/B]next week on Championship Wrestling to take on [B]Omar Brown [/B]and the champ, the man who retired Jeremy, [B]Johnny Bloodstone[/B]! But that's not even the main event, as we see the master of the Deadly Silence, [B]John Maverick[/B], try to take out one half of the new tag champions, the hated[B] Dark Angel[/B]! And Dark Angel's partner [B]Harrison Hash [/B]is also in action, going up against [B]Mighty Cavanagh.[/B] Elsewhere on the card, women's action as [B]Wanda Fish [/B]defends her newly won belt against [B]April Appleseed[/B], and [B]Tamara McFly[/B] battles [B]Miss Mexico[/B]. Tag team matchups, as hot rookies [B]Brandon Smith and Champagne Lover[/B] go up against the experienced [B]Towers of Power[/B], while the impressive pairing of [B]Erik Strong and Hell Monkey [/B]battle the [B]Can-Am Blondes[/B]. And a battle of two of the best technical workers around today to round things off, as [B]JD Morgan [/B]goes head to head with [B]Steve Flash[/B]! Don't miss it! [/QUOTE] [B][CENTER]QUICK PICKS[/CENTER][/B] Brandon Smith and Champagne Lover vs Towers of Power Mighty Cavanagh vs Harrison Hash Tamara McFly vs Miss Mexico. Hell Monkey and Erik Strong vs Can-Am Blondes Women's title match: Wanda Fish vs April Appleseed JD Morgan vs Steve Flash Tim Westybrook and Dan Stone Jr vs Omar Brown and Johnny Bloodstone John Maverick vs Dark Angel

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its awesome when you just thrrow people together and they help get you a good tag match haha. my picks are. [B]Brandon Smith and Champagne Lover[/B] vs Towers of Power I think you will give the young guys a win here, if nothing else then to give them both pushes. Smith get the pin fall is my guess Mighty Cavanagh vs [B]Harrison Hash[/B] He's a tag champ, should go over. [B]Tamara McFly[/B] vs Miss Mexico. McFly to go over maybe to go against fish in the future. Hell Monkey and Erik Strong vs[B] Can-Am Blondes[/B] Winner I could see getting a shot at the belts in the near future, the Can-Am Blonds are on fire though. Women's title match: [B]Wanda Fish[/B] vs April Appleseed She isn't losing it yet. [B]JD Morgan[/B] vs Steve Flash Just a guess [B]Tim Westybrook and Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Omar Brown and Johnny Bloodstone Stone get a small measure of revenge [B]John Maverick[/B] vs Dark Angel Maverick get a huge win over the best heel in the company

[B][CENTER]Championship Wrestling, Wednesday Week 3 March[/CENTER][/B] [B]Pre-show: The Dream Team vs Melody Cuthill and Roz Larren[/B] Dream Team take a decent opener, J-Ro hitting the J-Rocker on Larren. D rating. [B]Pre-show: Alyssian Scottsfield vs Davis Wayne Newton[/B] To Alyssian’s disappointment, I decide DWN needs a win. He gets it, impressively hitting the Fisherman’s Suplex on the much bigger man. D rating. [B]Brandon Smith and Champagne Lover vs Towers of Power[/B] This is better than expected. Muscles beats Lover with the full nelson slam. D rating. [B]Mighty Cavanagh vs Harrison Hash[/B] This is worse than expected, unfortunately. Hash takes it with the Montreal Deep Sleeper. D- rating. [B]Tamara McFly vs Miss Mexico.[/B] And this just sucks! Tammy wins, McFly Roll. E+ rating. [B]Attack! [/B] Backstage, RK Hayes and Johnny Bloodstone jump Dan Stone Jr. B- rating. [B]Hell Monkey and Erik Strong vs Can-Am Blondes[/B] This is the one we should have had on the PPV, but Hell Monkey was busy. Unfortunately, tonight, Strong is off his game, and it’s not up to his match with CL against the heel duo. For the second time in four days, Erik falls victim to Owen’s Love Gun. D+ rating. [B]Women’s title match: Wanda Fish vs April Appleseed[/B] Wanda gets the win, her first title defence, going over Appleseed with the Dish of the Day. D- rating. [B]Maverick vs Angel – tonight![/B] A hype video plays. C- rating. [B]JD Morgan vs Steve Flash[/B] Steve goes over with the Flash Bang in a reasonable technical match. D+ rating. [B]Tim Westybrook and Dan Stone Jr vs Omar Brown and Johnny Bloodstone[/B] At last, Bloodstone gets pinned – but only after some heavy miscommunication leads to Omar nearly taking his head off with a loaded boot kick, allowing Dan Stone to hit a German suplex for the winner. C rating. [B]Attack on Omar![/B] Post-match, Bloodstone goes ballistic, destroying Omar with a few chair shots and putting him in the Mutilation until Dan and Westybrook run back to the ring to save. D rating, but the crowd bought Brown’s face turn, at least. [B]John Maverick vs Dark Angel[/B] Very good bout which goes for nearly half an hour, Maverick eventually getting the submission win with the Deadly Silence. C+ rating. [B][CENTER]C- overall.[/CENTER][/B] [B](OOC: Thanks for the predictions Buck, and some good picks there.)[/B]

A few days later, I was called into Dan Stone's office to be greeted by a worried looking Victoria. [I] "What's up?" [/I]I asked her casually. I knew the last couple of shows hadn't been great, but they hadn't drawn anywhere near the backlash the short-lived DAVE invasion had. Unfortunately, I was about to find out that might be because they hadn't drawn anywhere near the viewers, either. [I]"I've got a contact at the TV network,"[/I] she informed me, looking serious. [I]"Our contract hasn't got long to run. I thought it was an easy renewal, but he's got me worried. Apparently they're looking for ratings of at least 0.6 every week."[/I] I nodded. [I]"Okay, we're not far off. Most weeks we've been getting about that - I think our lowest to date is 0.56, yeah?"[/I] She shook her head glumly. [I]"Our lowest to date WAS 0.56. Then came this week's show. 0.44"[/I]

uh oh..... thats not good. 0.44. on the bright side the whole wrestling industry seems to be taken a hit but, I don't know this isn't good. Hope you can turn it around man, or you may be in trouble. Thought it was another good show, was disapointed with the Tag team match but I like you still are pushing the Blonds so hard. I 'm sure you can get it up there.

[I]“I’d like to bring some new guys in as a short term measure to boost TV ratings,”[/I] I explained to Dan Stone Senior in a one-to-one meeting in the boss’s office. He nodded. [I]“Who are you looking at?” “I’m not sure yet, but I’ll be making a couple of calls once I know how much money we can spare. I’d be aiming for massive names, basically. The kind who will immediately jam in the viewers and lend anyone they appear with credibility.”[/I] The boss smiled. [I]“By massive names, you mean massive pay cheques?”[/I] I shrugged. [I]“You get what you pay for. Can I call Tommy and Sam?”[/I] He thought about it, then nodded again. [I]“Okay. But with the amount of my money you’re spending, you’re running out of time to get me some results, Jack. I’d better see a decent return soon.” “Oh, you will.”[/I] [QUOTE]From [url]www.notbpw.com[/url] A massive line up this week for NOTBPW Championship Wrestling, with a couple of the world’s top stars making their debuts in the fed! [B]Dan Stone Jr [/B]takes on [B]Bruce the Giant[/B] in a main event which should bring new meaning to the word ‘massive’, while[B] Steve Flash [/B]will go head-to-head with [B]Sam Keith[/B]! In title action, [B]Wanda Fish[/B] will defend her women’s belt against [B]Alicia Strong[/B], while [B]Johnny Bloodstone[/B] will take on the man he attacked last week, [B]Omar Brown[/B], with Bloodstone’s Canadian belt on the line! And to round off the card, there’s a tag match between some of our biggest stars, as [B]John Maverick and Tim Westybrook [/B]take on the [B]Can-Am Blondes[/B], and a clash between two of our best high flyers, [B]Hell Monkey [/B]and [B]Dark Angel[/B]! This truly is an UNMISSABLE week of action from your favourite promotion – see you all on Wednesday![/QUOTE] [B][CENTER]QUICK PICKS[/CENTER][/B] Women’s title match: Wanda Fish vs Alicia Strong Canadian title match: Johnny Bloodstone vs Omar Brown John Maverick and Tim Westybrook vs the Can-Am Blondes Hell Monkey vs Dark Angel Sam Keith vs Steve Flash Dan Stone Jr vs Bruce the Giant

I took a deep breath. I knew that this wasn’t going to be easy – Steve Frehley vs Lobster Warrior from last night’s SWF show was getting rave reviews, and there were a distressing number of people who didn’t see the point in watching 2 wrestling shows in one night – but I was banking on Bruce and Keith’s star power hooking people in. Of course, if it DOESN’T work, I’ll probably get fired for wasting Dan’s money. Ah well… time to find out. [CENTER][B]NOTBPW Championship Wrestling Wednesday Week 4 March[/B][/CENTER] [B]Pre-show: Raven Nightfall vs Melody Cuthill[/B] Dammit… we risked these two going up against each other for the third time in as many weeks because of their great chemistry. I’d told them they needed to go all out here, and they tried, but they couldn’t beat their other recent matches, and the crowd seemed bored. Raven takes it with the Night Faller. E rating. [B]Pre-show: Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs Bruce the Giant[/B] The amount we’re paying Bruce, you’d better believe he’s doing double duty. This is impressive, if not a great match – the lack of selling here doesn’t help. Bruce wins it, with a Giant Choke Slam – I did ask him if he wanted to put the rookie over, but he wasn’t keen. D+ rating. [B]Women’s title match: Wanda Fish vs Alicia Strong [/B] Alicia dominates here, until Wanda blasts her with brass knuckles in full view of Matthew White to draw the DQ loss but keep the title. D+ rating. [B]Sean McFly Is BACK SOON!![/B] A music video hypes the much-missed brother-in-law of Dan Stone Jr. B rating. [B]Canadian title match: Johnny Bloodstone vs Omar Brown[/B] These guys are better opponents than they are partners. Brown, turned face by that brutal attack last week, plays to the crowd well, and they’re starting to believe he could end Bloodstone’s long winning streak when he finally falls victim to the Mutilation. C rating. [B]TONIGHT: Canada vs Australia[/B] A video plays hyping tonight’s massive main event, Dan Stone Jr vs Bruce the Giant. B rating. [B]John Maverick and Tim Westybrook vs the Can-Am Blondes[/B] The Natural struggles here, but this is still a good bout. Westybrook pins Owen after the Whirlwind. C rating. [B]Hell Monkey vs Dark Angel[/B] This is something of a farewell for Hell Monkey – he’s not leaving permanently, but is taking some time off to tour Japan. He jobs like a pro for Dark Angel here, selling two Descents Into Hell like they half-killed him. C+ rating. [B]Sam Keith vs Steve Flash[/B] Sam’s Proton lock wins a great brawl here, but post match, Mick Muscles interrupts his celebrations and we have another match start right away. C- rating. [B]Sam Keith vs Mick Muscles[/B] I say this in a purely manly way, but my god, I love Sam Keith! It’s not just that he jobbed to MICK MUSCLES – but that he scripted the match, went through it for hours with Mick, and barely gave himself any offense so that Muscles could get more over as a monster heel. The pair have great chemistry together, which helped things as well. C rating. [B]The Return![/B] Post-match, Bruce the Giant lumbers down and assists Muscles in attacking Keith – but he’s saved by Sean McFly! The crowd go wild for the returning McFly. C+ rating. [B]Dan Stone Jr vs Bruce the Giant[/B] A real shock here – Bruce had originally refused to job in this one, but had a change of heart midway through the match, and the pair stunned me as Dan rolled into a Stone Ankle Stretch after evading a powerslam attempt, and Bruce tapped out! C- rating, although even at 7 minutes the Giant looked tired here. [B][CENTER]C rating overall.[/CENTER][/B] I look at the TV rating with satisfaction. 0.51 – not great, but it at least pulls us up after that horrendous slump last time.

[QUOTE]From [url]www.notbpw.com[/url] Last week, NOTBPW saw two huge stars come to Canada, as Sam Keith and Bruce the Giant made their debuts for the promotion! But even more importantly, we saw the return of one of the most popular men in the promotion, who appears to have fully recovered from the ankle injury which has had him out for close to a year - [B]Sean McFly[/B]! This time around, he'll step right back where he belongs - the upper card - where he'll take on the phenomenal [B]Bruce the Giant[/B]! McFly's brother in law, [B]Dan Stone Jr[/B], will also be in action, going up against a man who's hit a hot vein of form - [B]the Natural![/B] And there's other big name imports as well, with[B] Alicia Strong [/B]going up against [B]Tamara McFly[/B], and newcomer [B]Freddie Datsun [/B]teaming with [B]Champagne Lover [/B]for a shot at [B]Harrison Hash and the Dark Angel's[/B] tag team titles. Speaking of newcomers, one man who's tipped as a future legend is Mexican superstar [B]Mario Heroic[/B] - and NOTBPW have him! He'll make his debut, teaming with [B]Hell Monkey [/B]to fight [B]Owen Love [/B]and recent signing [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B]. [B]Steve Flash[/B] will go up against [B]Tim Westybrook[/B], and to round off the card with some of our other exciting superstars, [B]John Maverick [/B]will hook up with [B]Mighty Cavanagh and Brandon Smith [/B]to go against [B]RK Hayes, Harlem Haynes and Lord James King.[/B] Miss it - miss out![/QUOTE] [B][CENTER]QUICK PICKS[/CENTER][/B] Hell Monkey and Mario Heroic vs Davis Wayne Newton and Owen Love Tag title match: Champagne Lover and Freddie Datsun vs Harrison Hash and Dark Angel Mighty Cavanagh, Brandon Smith and John Maverick vs RK Hayes, Harlem Haynes and Lord James King Alicia Strong vs Tamara McFly Tim Westybrook vs Steve Flash Sean McFly vs Bruce the Giant Dan Stone Jr vs The Natural

Hell Monkey and Mario Heroic vs [B]Davis Wayne Newton and Owen Love[/B] Tag title match: Champagne Lover and Freddie Datsun vs[B] Harrison Hash and Dark Angel[/B] [B]Mighty Cavanagh, Brandon Smith and John Maverick[/B] vs RK Hayes, Harlem Haynes and Lord James King [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs Tamara McFly Tim Westybrook vs [B]Steve Flash[/B] [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs Bruce the Giant Dan Stone Jr vs [B]The Natural[/B] sorry, I give you lazy predictions haha.

[B][CENTER]NOTBPW Championship Wrestling Wednesday Week 1, April[/CENTER][/B] [B]Pre-show: Alicia Strong and J-Ro vs Steph Hazel and Miss Mexico[/B] Not as good as I was expecting from Alicia, but still far better than most of our pre-show bouts have been, especially since J-Ro looks slightly lost out there. Joanne wins it with the J-Rocker on Miss Mexico. D+ rating. [B]Pre-show: Bruce the Giant and Mick Muscles vs Erik Strong and Omar Brown[/B] Dammit, dammit, dammit! Bruce and Mick have lousy chemistry as a team, and this may force an urgent rethink of some plans. The heels win an awful match, Muscles pinning Strong after a running powerslam. E+ rating. [B]Hell Monkey and Mario Heroic vs Davis Wayne Newton and Owen Love[/B] Mario's brought in to see what he can do, and impresses, before taking the loss to DWN's Fisherman's Suplex. D+ rating. [B]Canada vs Australia, Part Two![/B] Hype video for McFly vs Bruce, tonight! B rating. [B]Tag title match: Champagne Lover and Freddie Datsun vs Harrison Hash and Dark Angel[/B] Okay, when I was trying to stack the cards to boost our ratings, I panicked a bit. I'm not REALLY convinced anyone's tuning in to see Freddie Datsun who wouldn't have been watching to see McFly vs Bruce. Ah well, another few grand wasted. Decent match, though, Lover falling victim to Hash's Montreal Deep Sleeper. D rating. [B]Brawl![/B] Bruce the Giant stumbles across Dan Stone Jr backstage, and the pair brawl, before McFly, Victoria Stone, Maverick and Smith pull them apart. B- rating. [B]Mighty Cavanagh, Brandon Smith and John Maverick vs RK Hayes, Harlem Haynes and Lord James King[/B] Cavanagh's asked to wrestle too much in this 12 minute bout, but Mav carries the other guys through with some help from Hayes and Brandon. Smith beats King with the Backdrop Driver. D+ rating. [B]Alicia Strong vs Tamara McFly[/B] Alicia takes it with an Angel Driver after a good 12 minute bout. D+ rating. [B]Tim Westybrook vs Steve Flash[/B] Flash puts Westy over well, falling victim to the Whirlwind after 17 minutes. D rating. [B]Attack![/B] Bruce the Giant and Mick Muscles attack Brandon Smith backstage. D- rating. [B]Sean McFly vs Bruce the Giant[/B] Incredibly, after all that bitching last week, Bruce has no problems letting Sean take him apart here. Sean hits a phenomenal Delorean Driver five minutes into the match for the victory. C rating. [B]Dan Stone Jr vs The Natural[/B] This pair don't click, but they still put on one of our better recent matches. Stone gets the win with the Stone Ankle Stretch. C rating. [B][CENTER]C rating overall.[/CENTER][/B]

Post-show, Alysian Scottsfield tells me he wants a word with me. [I]"Sure,"[/I] I reply, inviting him to take a seat.[I] "What's up?"[/I] [I]"My career!"[/I] he bursts out.[I] "I'm 51 now, I'm fed up of either being left off cards or staring at the ceiling for guys half my age! I'll take a couple more pay days, and then I'm gone for good."[/I] I shrug. [I]"Whatever. You'll leave a big hole in the roster, though. Well, a fat one, at least."[/I] [QUOTE]From [url]www.notbpw.com[/url] With less than a week to go until our huge Super Slam show, where Sean McFly will challenge for Johnny Bloodstone's Canadian title, the stage is set for a great line-up on this week's NOTBPW Championship Wrestling. In the main event, [B]McFly [/B]will pair with brother-in-law [B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] to take on [B]Owen Love and RK Hayes [/B]- while Love's regular tag partner,[B] the Natural[/B], goes against[B] Sam Keith[/B]! We also have two rising stars against two established players here, as [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]takes on [B]Alysian Scottsfield [/B]and [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]goes up against [B]RK Haynes[/B]. In women's action, the renowned [B]Dream Team[/B] will go up against the pairing of [B]Wanda Fish and Emma Bitch[/B], while the card will be opened by a six-man match which sees 3 fairly recent additions to the roster, [B]Hell Monkey, JD Morgan and Erik Strong[/B], go up against the much more well-known team here in Canada, tag champs[B] Harrison Hash and Dark Angel [/B]along with Derek Frost.[/QUOTE] [B][CENTER]QUICK PICKS[/CENTER][/B] Hell Monkey, JD Morgan and Erik Strong vs Harrison Hash, Dark Angel and Derek Frost The Dream Team vs Wanda Fish and Emma Bitch Alysian Scottsfield vs Davis Wayne Newton Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs Harlem Haynes John Maverick vs Mick Muscles Sam Keith vs The Natural Sean McFly and Dan Stone Jr vs RK Hayes and Owen Love

Hell Monkey, JD Morgan and Erik Strong vs [B]Harrison Hash, Dark Angel and Derek Frost[/B] [B]The Dream Team[/B] vs Wanda Fish and Emma Bitch Alysian Scottsfield vs [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/B] vs Harlem Haynes [B]John Maverick[/B] vs Mick Muscles Sam Keith vs [B]The Natural[/B] [B]Sean McFly and Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs RK Hayes and Owen Love Reply With Quote

(OOC: As always, thanks for taking the time to predict, Buck.) [B]NOTBPW Championship Wrestling, Wednesday Week 2 April[/B] [B]Pre-show: John Maverick vs Ash Campbell[/B] Mav is on TV later but I ask him to give Ash a quick run-out as well. The second generation rookie looks pretty damn impressive as he puts over the big star, submitting to a Deadly Silence pretty quickly. C- rating. [B]Pre-show: Sam Keith vs Steve Flash[/B] These two work well together, which is a good thing, because my Plan B for the PPV is about sorted now. Keith takes it with the Proton Lock just as he did on TV against Flash recently. C+ rating. [B]Hell Monkey, JD Morgan and Erik Strong vs Harrison Hash, Dark Angel and Derek Frost[/B] Otherwise known as our “Hey, who cares that I’ve nearly bankrupted Dan already, let’s fit six more guys on the card” match. At least it’s a pretty good one, Angel going over Strong – who’s an awesome ceiling-starer – with the Falling Angel Moonsault. D+ rating. [B]The Dream Team vs Wanda Fish and Emma Bitch[/B] Grrr… we should’ve just about gotten away with this, despite the fact no-one cares about Emma anymore, but it’s a rare off day for Wanda. Bitch beats Raven with the Payback. D- rating. [B]Bloodstone: Path of Destruction[/B] The updated music video plays for our champ. C+ rating. [B]Alysian Scottsfield vs Davis Wayne Newton[/B] Alysian bitches about being squashed by DWN and half-asses the match, killing it completely. I’m sooo tempted to send Stone or McFly out there to shoot on him and break a body part… E+ rating. [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs Harlem Haynes[/B] Ouch, not quite as bad as the previous match, but not good at all. Smith’s push continues as he takes this one with the trusty Backdrop Driver. D- rating. [B]Coming up at the PPV: Bloodstone vs McFly![/B] Huge hype video here for the upcoming match. B- rating. [B]John Maverick vs Mick Muscles[/B] Muscles doesn’t seem into the match, but Mav carries him to a reasonable bout. It’s telling that his contest with Ash Campbell was just as good, though. C- rating. [B]Sam Keith vs The Natural[/B] Super-professional, despite being one of the biggest current stars in North America at the moment, Keith puts over The Natural, jobbing a good bout to the Nature Calls. C rating. [B]Keith vs Bruce![/B] Post-match, Keith declares he wants Bruce the Giant next week at the PPV. Dan Stone Jr responds by saying he’s not running a show for USPW and TCW guys to take each other on – but he’ll allow them to face off in a tag match, with Keith and Brandon Smith taking on Bruce and Steve Flash! D rating. [B]Sean McFly and Dan Stone Jr vs RK Hayes and Owen Love[/B] The brothers-in-law look fairly solid here, in McFly’s first tag bout for some time, as Dan goes over Hayes with the Stone Ankle Stretch. C rating. [B][CENTER]C rating overall.[/CENTER][/B]

[I]“Sam?”[/I] I answered the phone to Sam Strong, unsure of why he was calling me rather than celebrating a well-received Freedom Fight! card. [I]“Hey, Jack. Just a heads up on a tiny problem for you…”[/I] Oh God… [I]“Bruce got hurt against T-Rex.”[/I] I nearly passed out. [I]“A cracked tailbone. He can probably work through it.”[/I] I started breathing again. [I]“But just to make sure you know about it.”[/I] [QUOTE] From [url]www.notbpw.com[/url] We're just days away from our annual Super Slam show, and boy, have we got a card for you! Last month, [B]the Dark Angel and Harrison Hash[/B] won the tag titles at the Ed Henson Cup, defeating Champagne Lover and Erik Strong on the way. This month, [B]Strong and Lover [/B]get a shot at the gold! Also in tag action, [B]Sam Keith [/B]of TCW teams with [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/B] to go up against [B]Steve Flash [/B]and USPW's[B] Bruce the Giant[/B], while [B]Dan Stone Jr and John Maverick[/B] face off against the [B]Can-Am Blondes[/B]! In a six-woman match, [B]Alicia Strong [/B]hooks up with the [B]Dream Team [/B]to take on [B]Emma Bitch, Melody Cuthill and Wanda Fish[/B]! And in solo action, [B]Omar Brown [/B]vs [B]Harlem Haynes[/B], [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] vs [B]Mick [/B][B]Muscles[/B], and [B]Freddie Datsun [/B]vs [B]RK Hayes[/B]. And did we mention the main event? Dominant champion [B]Johnny Bloodstone [/B]vs returning hero [B]Sean McFly[/B]? It's ON!! See you at the Slam! [/QUOTE] [B][CENTER]QUICK PICKS[/CENTER][/B] Alicia Strong and the Dream Team vs Emma Bitch, Melody Cuthill and Wanda Fish Tag title match: Dark Angel and Harrison Hash vs Erik Strong and Champagne Lover Omar Brown vs Harlem Haynes Tim Westybrook vs Mick Muscles Freddie Datsun vs RK Hayes Sam Keith and Brandon Smith vs Bruce the Giant and Steve Flash Dan Stone Jr and John Maverick vs the Can-Am Blondes World title match: Johnny Bloodstone vs Sean McFly

Alicia Strong and the Dream Team vs [B]Emma Bitch, Melody Cuthill and Wanda Fish[/B] Tag title match: [B]Dark Angel and Harrison Hash[/B] vs Erik Strong and Champagne Lover Omar Brown vs [B]Harlem Haynes[/B] [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] vs Mick Muscles [B]Freddie Datsun[/B] vs RK Hayes [B]Sam Keith and Brandon Smith[/B] vs Bruce the Giant and Steve Flash Dan Stone Jr and John Maverick vs [B]the Can-Am Blondes[/B] World title match: Johnny Bloodstone vs [B]Sean McFly[/B]

[B][CENTER]Super Slam[/CENTER][/B] [B]Pre-show: Sam Keith vs Dark Angel[/B] Keith is a huge fan of Wilson’s, and agrees to job for him in the pre-show, so we have a very impressive opener here for the live fans. Descent into Hell finishes. C+ rating. [B]Alicia Strong and the Dream Team vs Emma Bitch, Melody Cuthill and Wanda Fish[/B] Decent six-woman bout here featuring our women’s mainstays plus Strong, who looks good value for her high appearance fee. Raven hits the Night Faller on Melody for the win. D+ rating. [B]Tag title match: Dark Angel and Harrison Hash vs Erik Strong and Champagne Lover[/B] This is possibly our marquee tag feud in 12 months time or so once we’ve built the two newcomers up. These four put on a match nearly as good as the one they managed at the Ed Henson Cup last month. Hash’s Montreal Deep Sleeper finishes off Erik Strong, who is getting superb at the whole jobbing thing. C- rating. [B]Hype Video plays[/B] Bruce vs Keith, tonight! It also mentions their tag partners briefly. C rating. [B]Omar Brown vs Harlem Haynes[/B] Hey, this isn’t bad for Haynes. Omar’s Anaconda Vice wins it. D+ rating. [B]Tim Westybrook vs Mick Muscles[/B] Muscles struggles to make it 18 minutes here, but just about gets through it. Their chemistry together helps, obviously. Whirlwind gives Tim the win back from a few weeks ago. C- rating. [B]Hype Video 2[/B] McFly vs Bloodstone, TONIGHT! C+ rating. [B]Freddie Datsun vs RK Hayes[/B] Datsun may well be a waste of money, to be honest, but he sells well. Hayes wins it with a Homicide Bomb. D+ rating. [B]Sam Keith and Brandon Smith vs Bruce the Giant and Steve Flash[/B] Bruce’s injury doesn’t help things here, but it’s a reasonable bout, with him outside for much of it. Flash gets the pinfall victory over Keith with the Flash Bang. D rating. [B]Dan Stone Jr and John Maverick vs the Can-Am Blondes[/B] Decent bout here, which Maverick takes, forcing Love to submit to the Deadly Silence. C+ rating. [B]World title match: Johnny Bloodstone vs Sean McFly[/B] Come on!! McFly brings us our best match for a long, long time, but can’t win this half hour classic, as Bloodstone viciously targets his still-weakened ankle, getting the ankle lock for the submission victory. B- rating. [B][CENTER]C+ rating overall. [/CENTER][/B]

[QUOTE]From [url]www.notbpw.com[/url] Have you recovered from Super Slam yet? Your humble webmaster sure hasn’t – but thankfully, most of the top stars of NOTBPW HAVE, as they return to action with an excellent line-up for Wednesday’s Championship Wrestling. [B]Johnny Bloodstone [/B]sensationally retained his title against Sean McFly, who many felt would be too much for the Canadian champion, but can he hold onto it this week as he’s challenged by [B]Tim Westybrook[/B]? Meanwhile, [B]McFly [/B]main events again, going up against a PPV winner – one half of the tag champions, the [B]Dark Angel[/B]! [B]Harrison Hash[/B], the Angel’s partner, will take on [B]John Maverick[/B], while Maverick’s partner at the PPV, [B]Dan Stone Jr[/B], collides with rising star [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B]. And in the opener, two teams who fought well but both ended up losing at Super Slam will lock horns, as the [B]Can-Am Blondes [/B]take on [B]Erik Strong and Champagne Lover[/B]! Don’t miss it![/QUOTE] [B][CENTER]QUICK PICKS[/CENTER][/B] Erik Strong and Champagne Lover vs Can-Am Blondes Dan Stone Jr vs Davis Wayne Newton John Maverick vs Harrison Hash Canadian title match: Tim Westybrook vs Johnny Bloodstone Dark Angel vs Sean McFly

[B][CENTER]NOTBPW Championship Wrestling, Wednesday week 3 April [/CENTER][/B] [B]Pre-show: Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs Mick Muscles[/B] Decent enough as an opener, Muscles winning with the full nelson slam. D+ rating. [B]Pre-show: Hell Monkey vs RK Hayes[/B] Hayes takes a good brawl with the Homicide Bomb. C- rating. [B]Erik Strong and Champagne Lover vs Can-Am Blondes[/B] Strong and Lover are the future of the tag division, even if they can’t buy a win. Lover does the job for a change, allowing Owen to put him down with the trusty Love Gun. C- rating. [B]McFly vs Angel![/B] Dan Stone Jr cuts a promo to hype his brother-in-law’s match against Dark Angel tonight. B- rating. [B]Dan Stone Jr vs Davis Wayne Newton[/B] DWN looks good here, but was never going to go over Canada’s favourite son. Dan wins it with the Stone Ankle Stretch. C rating. [B]Hype vid[/B] Hype vid plays for McFly vs Dark Angel. B- rating. [B]John Maverick vs Harrison Hash[/B] Hash seems off his game, but this is still a decent bout. Deadly Silence wins it for Maverick. C- rating. [B]Hype vid[/B] Bloodstone: Trail of Mutilation. If he wins many more, we’ll be able to make it the same length as our TV show! C+ rating. [B]Canadian title match: Johnny Bloodstone vs Tim Westybrook[/B] I have no idea what the hell these two are on, but can we bottle it? What was meant to be a throwaway title defense for Bloodstone turns into one of our top contenders for match of the year so far. The usual Mutilation finish. B- rating. [B]Dark Angel vs Sean McFly[/B] There’s not many people you could ask to follow that previous match. Thankfully, Dark Angel and Sean McFly are two of the few. Dark Angel becomes the first person to pin McFly for nearly a year, hitting the Descent Into Hell on 32 minutes. B rating. [CENTER][B]B- rating overall.[/B][/CENTER]

[QUOTE]From [url]www.notbpw.com[/url] Well, last week's show went down a storm with most viewers - thanks for all the great feedback we've gotten on it - and this week's will aim to be even better, with a huge main event of [B]Dan Stone Jr [/B]going up against the [B]Dark Angel[/B]! The Angel got a massive win last week against Stone's brother-in-law Sean McFly and will be aiming to build on that. Speaking of McFlys, Sean's sister [B]Tamara [/B]is also in action, and she'll take on women's champion [B]Wanda Fish [/B]for the title, while Canadian champ [B]Johnny Bloodstone [/B]is part of a six-man match, teaming with [B]Danny Rushmore [/B]and [B]Owen Love [/B]against the alliance of[B] Champagne Lover, Hell Monkey and Erik Strong.[/B] In other action, [B]Tim Westybrook vs Harlem Haynes[/B], [B]Brandon Smith vs RK Hayes[/B], and [B]John Maverick vs the Natural[/B] - we can't wait![/QUOTE] [B][CENTER]QUICK PICKS[/CENTER][/B] Johnny Bloodstone, Owen Love and Danny Rushmore vs Champagne Lover, Erik Strong and Hell Monkey Tim Westybrook vs Harlem Haynes Women’s title match: Wanda Fish vs Tamara McFly Brandon Smith vs RK Hayes John Maverick vs The Natural Dan Stone Jr vs Dark Angel

[CENTER][B]NOTBPW Championship Wrestling, Wednesday Week 4 April[/B][/CENTER] [B]Pre-show: Sean McFly vs Harrison Hash[/B] Argh… why did I shove this on the pre-show? It’s good to have a good opener, but these two set a high standard for match of the night! McFly wins with the Delorean Driver. B- rating. [B] Johnny Bloodstone, Owen Love and Danny Rushmore vs Champagne Lover, Erik Strong and Hell Monkey[/B] Rushmore looks awful, but this is a pretty good six-man. Bloodstone gets the submission win over Lover with the Mutilation. C- rating. [B]Bloodstone: Path of Mutilation.[/B] The vid plays. C rating. [B]Tim Westybrook vs Harlem Haynes[/B] Perfectly acceptable wrestling by their standards. Tim wins. D+ rating. [B]Women’s title match: Wanda Fish vs Tamara McFly[/B] Tammy pulls off the surprise win with a McFly Roll. D rating. [B]Hype vid: [/B] Vid plays for Stone vs Angel, tonight! C+ rating. [B]Brandon Smith vs RK Hayes[/B] We really need to teach ONE of these guys how to sell. Still not bad, though. Hayes wins, Homicide Bomb. D+ rating. [B]Hey, We Have ANOTHER Music Vid![/B] Maverick video plays. D rating. [B]John Maverick vs The Natural[/B] Maverick seems off his game, and that really hurts the match. He wins with the Deadly Silence. C rating. [B]Dan Stone Jr vs Dark Angel[/B] To the crowd’s delight, Stone wins this one with the Stone Ankle Stretch. B rating. [B][CENTER]C+ rating overall.[/CENTER][/B]

[QUOTE]From [url]www.notbpw.com[/url] With a few weeks til Grappling Glory, the main event of John Maverick challenging for Johnny Bloodstone's Canadian title has been confirmed! And there's a chance to see both of them in action this coming Wednesday, as [B]Maverick[/B] takes on [B]Owen Love[/B], while [B]Bloodstone [/B]defends against [B]Tim Westybrook[/B]! Meanwhile, in the main event, [B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] teams up with brother-in-law [B]Sean McFly [/B]to go against [B]RK Hayes [/B]and [B]Mick Muscles[/B], and Sean's sister [B]Tamara [/B]will defend her newly-won Women's belt against [B]Melody Cuthill[/B]. Also in action, [B]Hell Monkey[/B] vs [B]Bryan Holmes[/B], and a big six-man opener featuring [B]Brandon Smith, Eric Strong and Champagne Lover[/B] vs [B]The Natural, Steve Flash and Dark Angel[/B][/QUOTE] [B][CENTER]QUICK PICKS[/CENTER][/B] Brandon Smith, Eric Strong and Champagne Lover vs The Natural, Steve Flash and Dark Angel Women’s title match: Tamara McFly vs Melody Cuthill Hell Monkey vs Bryan Holmes John Maverick vs Owen Love World title match: Johnny Bloodstone vs Tim Westybrook Sean McFly and Dan Stone Jr vs RK Hayes and Mick Muscles

[B][CENTER]NOTBPW Championship Wrestling Wednesday Week 1 May[/CENTER][/B] [B]Pre-show: Harrison Hash vs JD Morgan[/B] Decent enough opener, Hash winning with the Montreal Deep Sleeper. D+ rating. [B]Brandon Smith, Eric Strong and Champagne Lover vs The Natural, Steve Flash and Dark Angel[/B] Chaotic but passable six-man, Dark Angel beating Lover with the Descent into Hell. Rumours that we're releasing a 2 hour DVD of Dark Angel pinning Lover are unfounded, but could be viable by next year. D rating. [B]Women's title match: Tamara McFly vs Melody Cuthill[/B] Blah, these two look poor for some reason. Tamara retains with the McFly Roll. D- rating. [B]Hell Monkey vs Bryan Holmes[/B] Worryingly, the pair show a complete lack of chemistry here. Holmes gets the debut win with a Final Impact. C- rating. [B]Hype vid[/B] A Stone/McFly tag team video plays. B rating. [B]John Maverick vs Owen Love[/B] Not great, but match of the night so far. Deadly Silence wins, to the surprise of nobody. C rating. [B]Hype vid[/B] A short Dark Angel video plays. Okay, there ARE quite a lot of bits where he pins Champagne Lover… C+ rating. [B]Hype vid again[/B] This segues into Maverick vs Bloodstone – UPCOMING! video, selling the two deadliest submissions in the fed. C rating. [B]World title match: Johnny Bloodstone vs Tim Westybrook[/B] Woot! This pair put on a surprisingly good match. Westybrook is deceptively talented for his size, and manages to take JB to the limit before eventually falling prey to the Mutilation. B- rating. [B]Sean McFly and Dan Stone Jr vs RK Hayes and Mick Muscles[/B] Good grief! Hayes seems to sleepwalk through this, and pulls the faces down to possibly the worst match either of them has ever wrestled. Stone goes over Muscles with the Stone Ankle Stretch. D+ rating. [B][CENTER]C- rating overall, bringing our 3-show run of reasonable to good cards screeching to a halt at the worst possible time.[/CENTER][/B]

Post-show, more bad news, as Craig Prince and Mick Muscles nearly come to blows after Prince is accused of spreading rumours about the heel. I give the road agent a stern warning, and he apologises. On the plus side, Dallas McWade’s contract has finally expired. Being off-air for so long I’d virtually forgotten he existed – although he’d been useful trade bait to allow us to bring some of the USPW guys in – he’s let go. Alyssian Scottsfield confirms his retirement a day later, as I aim to trim the roster of some of the bigger lugs. [QUOTE]From [url]www.notbpw.com[/url] With Grappling Glory just days away, let's see the line-up for the final TV show before the PPV! In huge six-man tag action, we'll see [B]Dan Stone Jr [/B]team up with brother-in-law [B]Sean McFly [/B]and [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/B] to take on tag champions[B] Dark Angel and Harrison Hash[/B], along with [B]Steve Flash![/B] In the women's division, there's a title defense, as [B]Tamara McFly [/B]takes on [B]Emma Bitch[/B], and there's tag action as the [B]Dream Team [/B]fight [B]Miss Mexico[/B] and [B]Steph Hazel[/B]. Speaking of tag action, there's a rematch between two guys who've had two great recent matches -[B] Champagne Lover and Erik Strong[/B] taking on the [B]Can-Am Blondes[/B]! Also, [B]Tim Westybrook [/B]will go up against [B]Bryan Holmes[/B], and [B]JD Morgan[/B] will face [B]RK Hayes[/B], while [B]John Maverick[/B] will open things for us against [B]Davis Wayne Newton.[/B][/QUOTE] [B][CENTER]QUICK PICKS[/CENTER][/B] John Maverick vs Davis Wayne Newton The Dream Team vs Miss Mexico and Steph Hazel Women’s title: Tamara McFly vs Emma Bitch Strong and Lover vs Can-Am Blondes JD Morgan vs RK Hayes Tim Westybrook vs Bryan Holmes Dan Stone Jr, Sean McFly and Brandon Smith vs Dark Angel, Harrison Hash and Steve Flash

John Maverick vs [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [B]The Dream Team [/B]vs Miss Mexico and Steph Hazel Women’s title: [B]Tamara McFly[/B] vs Emma Bitch [B]Strong and Lover[/B] vs Can-Am Blondes [B]JD Morgan[/B] vs RK Hayes [B]Tim Westybrook[/B] vs Bryan Holmes Dan Stone Jr, Sean McFly and Brandon Smith vs [B]Dark Angel, Harrison Hash and Steve Flash[/B]

[B](OOC: Thanks for still reading, Buck!)[/B] [CENTER][B]NOTBPW Championship Wrestling Wednesday Week 2, May[/B][/CENTER] [B]Pre-show: Dan Stone Jr vs Lord James King[/B] Stone’s turn to pull double duty today, as he gets us started with an easy win over King. C rating. [B]John Maverick vs Davis Wayne Newton[/B] These two don’t look particularly good together, but Maverick gets another win to build him up ready for the PPV. D+ rating. [B]The Dream Team vs Miss Mexico and Steph Hazel[/B] Ouch. You know, it’s tempting to give up on our women’s division. J-Rocker pins Miss Mexico. E+ rating. [B]Women’s title: Tamara McFly vs Emma Bitch[/B] Very tempting… Tamara wins it with the McFly Roll. D- rating. [B]Hype vid:[/B] Maverick vs Bloodstone, in 4 days time! D+ rating. [B]Strong and Lover vs Can-Am Blondes[/B] Despite this being the third time they’ve fought, still match of the night so far. Natural beats Strong. D rating. [B]JD Morgan vs RK Hayes[/B] Upset win here for Morgan with the Cross Atlantic Stretch. D+ rating. [B]Tim Westybrook vs Bryan Holmes[/B] Holmes is looking like a super-expensive albatross here, with bad chemistry with Westy as well. He goes over via Final Impact. C- rating. [B]Hype vid[/B] Hype vid plays for next week’s tag match at the PPV, where Sean McFly and Dan Stone Jr will challenge for the tag titles. C rating. [B]Dan Stone Jr, Sean McFly and Brandon Smith vs Dark Angel, Harrison Hash and Steve Flash[/B] Hash is off form and drags this one down. He wins, though, beating Smith with the Montreal Deep Sleeper. D+ rating. [CENTER][B]D+ rating overall, our worst show of the year![/B][/CENTER]

Archived