• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=alanreao;434109]It uses a different time zone, I think it is the UK time zone, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE] Yea but i thought GDS is in Arizona USA.....and they are the ones that put the game out right?

[quote=Togg;434115]im hoping its just a damaged download. But when clicking product details it takes you to the TEW 2007 details?. its not a TEW 2007 licence i hope. i'll have holy hell to make if it is lol:D[/quote] Well, since it's listed as Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 on the eLicense page - I'd assume we bought a TEW08 license, not TEW07.

Several years back EA Sports was releasing the Front Office Football games. Somebody at EA, while testing, posted a live link to download and purchase the game. Just like this, somebody announced it at the boards and several people were able to pay and download the game before the link was pulled. Some guy at EA then went to the FOF boards and read the riot act while accusing people of being thieves. (despite the fact that they had paid) The event soured the entire community on the EA version of the game and was pretty much the nail in the coffin for the EA/FOF relationship. To this day I don't buy EA games. The elicense stuff is probably up because they are either testing or they have the weekend off and want it ready for sunday.

[QUOTE=scorpion;434128]Several years back EA Sports was releasing the Front Office Football games. Somebody at EA, while testing, posted a live link to download and purchase the game. Just like this, somebody announced it at the boards and several people were able to pay and download the game before the link was pulled. Some guy at EA then went to the FOF boards and read the riot act while accusing people of being thieves. (despite the fact that they had paid) The event soured the entire community on the EA version of the game and was pretty much the nail in the coffin for the EA/FOF relationship. To this day I don't buy EA games. [/QUOTE] Oh, man - I had forgotten all about the FOF/EA incident. Damn, does that bring back some memories. Not necessarily good ones, mind you, but memories nonetheless...

[QUOTE=CubsFan915;434129]Oh, man - I had forgotten all about the FOF/EA incident. Damn, does that bring back some memories. Not necessarily good ones, mind you, but memories nonetheless...[/QUOTE] Glad to know I'm not the only old one around here.

[QUOTE=scorpion;434132]Glad to know I'm not the only old one around here.[/QUOTE] Not at all - I stumbled across FOF2 just after it was released, so I missed actually being called a thief, but close enough after that the poop was still hitting the fan...

Guys, the game isn't out just yet. Elicense accidentally had the game listed on our webstore for a bit. All purchases made are valid and will work with the game when it's released this weekend. So, sorry you guys purchased it with no working download, but the purchases did go through and your licenses will work (I checked with elicense). I think the moral of the story is to wait for our announcement on the site/forums before downloading/buying anything. ;)

Archived