[QUOTE=mvargus;434166]having an additonal referee can be used for angles and such (heel ref and face ref etc.) However, having more than 1 referee is not necessary. One can do the job just fine.[/QUOTE] if this is true then why do some of the promotions have multiple refs? Do refs get tired and perform worse if they ref multiple matchs?

In certain parts of the game world it's probably not as important to have 2. But ref skills and popularity can go up. What you don't want to end up with is a ref either unavailable to you or leaving your promotion and then you're only left with hiring some guy with no skills to replace him, which could bring down match quality. It would be better to have the 2nd ref already working for you in dark matches, say, to start to build up his skills (if you can afford it, obviously). In my 2007 game, Humphrey Woolsey was my ref with A* refereeing skill by the time I finished. I was glad nothing bad happened to him because the other refs in the UK were nowhere near that standard. I'd think this is now especially important if you're working promotions where you plan to have a zero tolerance policy backstage, as refs will form relationships, play pranks, cause friction etc as much as the next person.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;434176]I often grab a second ref if I'm a smaller fed (which I often am). This way if a larger company steals my top ref, I'll already have another guy with some experience ready to go.[/QUOTE] it's also a good idea in case your ref is old or perhaps near retirement to have a younger ref to be able to replace him.

Or in the event there's a freak accident and a hyena doubly-distends his anus (but only because he **** himself when he saw it charging him.) But there's a multitude of reasons to have that second ref. I made the mistake once of only having one ref and losing him and not being able to get a replacement in time... the fans start turning on constant special guest refs. So pick a cheap one up and let him work enough to improve and stay happy.

I will admit that I have use more than one or two referees per show. I like to make it as real as possible, and when you are a larger fed (or even a fed over local), you would use at least two referees. I usually use my better referees in more important matches. It may be a waste of money, but, to me, it makes it feel more real.

If I'm playing a large fed, I usually keep at least three refs on staff. I like the variety, and as someone said above, it makes things feel more real to me. I typically put my more talented refs on matches where the performers' abilities are lower, so the match comes out better, but my best ref always handles the Main Event. Plus, I'm a total referee mark. In real world games, I always try to snag Mark Johnson and Bryce Remsburg, just because those guys entertain me to no end.

Archived