MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;669699]Then again you might want to get the Main belt off Ruin, because right now the mid-card and the Women's Division are out performing the main event.[/QUOTE] *shrug* The Women's division are his best workers, by and large. Those 4 in the title match outclass anyone else shown recently. The thing that jars me is Swoop using such an ordinary finisher (and doesn't Primus use that same move?). If his skills require simple moves, give him Show's ECW move (Cobra Clutch Backbreaker). No biggie though, just pickin' a nit. I'm hoping someone feeds Rip some Jim Beam or Old Crow. He deserves a sledgehammer.....[B][I]TO TEH FACE[/I][/B], amirite? :p

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swoop uses a Running Powerslam, Primus had a Sit Out Powerbomb, if I remember. Can't recall if I changed that. But yes, Swoop has an ordinary finisher, so does Lauren Easter (Belly to Belly Suplex! She at least has a Figure Four as well). I may swap Swoop's finisher sometime soon, but right now he's there, but not a huge priority - his momentum has sort of stalled in lieu of a bigger push. He's not going anywhere - and it's not like someone of his talents can't pick up momentum again in a hurry. I have noticed that, since Brandon Smith arbritarily started using the Inverted Piledriver rather than the Backdrop Driver as his finisher, I've been booking him more. Which one led to the other, I wonder? And Ruin would like to offer you all outside - but he's busy drinking some pansy SWF head booker under the table... :p

Hey now! I think I represent that remark! I would like you to know that my ability to consume alcohol corresponds accurately with an individual of my age, size, and disposition. Just because Pete is some sort of massive-livered freak, that not be constituted as a slight upon my person or my Avatar...

[quote=Remianen;669737]*shrug* The Women's division are his best workers, by and large. Those 4 in the title match outclass anyone else shown recently. [/quote] Yes we know, you LOVE womens wrestling. It's not like you're obsessed about it or anything. :D:p Anyway I do actually recognize that the women in that match are [B]amongst[/B] the best workers in the promotion but I think you're doing the likes of Ultimate Phoenix, El Heroe Mexicano, K.C Glenn, Jean Cattley and the returning Sean Deeley a disservice by saying that they are THE best workers in the promotion. Fact is Ruin is a good 'storyline' champion but he's just not delivering in the ring, especially as MAW is a promotion judged equally on performance and overness. In hindsight I probably should have left the Women's Division comment out, especially as they have main evented a few shows before and just said that the mid-card is out-performing the main event. [quote= James Casey; 669753] Swoop uses a Running Powerslam, Primus had a Sit Out Powerbomb, if I remember. Can't recall if I changed that. [/quote] Primus uses a Running Powerslam in my diary as his finisher, alongside a high speed shoulder tackle.

[I]OOC: In signing up Glenn, Strong, Deeley and Youngman within, what, three weeks, I think I've doubled my chances of getting a high rating for shows in the future. Not to mention picked up some extra talent who I can afford to put On Tour.[/I] * I scowled from my place in the front row as the last of the ring was packed away. Reese sat to one side of me, Katie the other. Rip was supervising the deconstruction work. [COLOR="Magenta"]“It was just one show,”[/COLOR] Reese said. [COLOR="Magenta"]“It wasn’t even on TV, and it wasn’t [I]that[/I] bad a match. We may have to scale back Remmy’s push, though.”[/COLOR] My scowl deepened. [COLOR="Green"]“He’s here for another ten months, at $2,000 a time...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“So he should stay in the main event?”[/COLOR] I shook my head. [COLOR="Green"]“No, but it’s my fault. He had a great match against Westybrook when he debuted, but since then he’s not had the same luck. Part of that is just down to him being a spot monkey. A good one, and he’s got more going for him than that, but honestly, I think he has the worst understanding of how to put a match together of anyone on the roster.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“Michael Wilkes is worse,”[/COLOR] Katie said. [COLOR="Green"]“I stand corrected. But even so, I shouldn’t have pushed him as hard as I did. He’s a big name for MAW, but his style of wrestling isn’t exactly a natural match for a lot of the workers here.”[/COLOR] I shook my head again. [COLOR="Green"]“In fact, Ruin was about the worst person to put him against. Well, we always knew that Ruin was a risk as champion. He’s got another few months ahead of him, though.”[/COLOR] Katie passed me her namesake, who stared up at me with her big blue eyes. As always, Reese’ expression turned soft at the sight of a child, and soon she was holding Patrick while Katie Sr. enjoyed a rare chance to be something other than a mum. [COLOR="Green"]“Anyway, are you ready for Friday?” [/COLOR]I asked her. She nodded. [COLOR="Magenta"]“It’ll be nice to be involved again,”[/COLOR] she said, self-consciously touching her stomach. In truth Katie had regained her trim figure quickly – within just a couple of months, in fact. The other dads on the roster, though, assured me that it was normal for women to feel self-conscious about their appearance after giving birth, and Katie had carried twins, which I supposed made it even worse for her. She looked, to my eyes at least, as gorgeous as always. If things worked as I hoped, she’s be a part of the next couple of months – and beyond. Not an important part, perhaps, but she wanted to be back on screen, and this way worked. * Random thought as I looked at TEW.com: Has anyone ever paired up Vikki Victoria with Notorious F.R.E.A.K? * USPW’s Thanksgiving Thunder saw Lauren Easter defeating Suzanne Brazzle. The Women’s division otherwise features Alicia Strong, Jaime Quine, and Grace Harper. Harper’s 38, and I’d expect her to retire soon – if she was a bit younger, I’d likely have tried to sign her for MAW – at which point I would imagine that J-Ro will be the next signee for Strong. * [QUOTE] [CENTER][I]MAW.com Show Report – On Tour in Great Lakes Thursday 25th November 2013[/CENTER] This week’s show began with a Tag Team title match pitting Team Honor against The Second Sons. Team Honor seemed to be set to earn their second title reign, but Casey Valentine grabbed one of the title belts and slammed it into Jared Johnson’s face to cause the DQ. Two Smoking Barrels, and their manager Ernest Forthdyke-Hume, bragged about their talent. At least, Quentin Queen bragged, F-H blustered, and Josh Jones, after much prompting, muttered something vaguely agreeing under his breath. However, all three were on the same page as they faced The Wilkes Brothers, dispatching the siblings without too much fuss when Queen pinned Jorge. Bradford Peverell next challenged Raphael to a match backstage. The fight was contested under hardcore rules, provoking a spirited brawl that seemed to play to Peverell’s strengths. If anyone has benefited from Rip Chord’s guidance, though, it’s Raphael, and the youngster was able to score the pin with a modified Turnbuckle Exploder – still impressive – to retain his title. Also backstage, Brooke Tyler came face to face with Kristabel Plum for the first time since attacking her former friend. Plum had to be restrained by Brandon Smith from attacking Tyler, and instead they agreed to a tag match where Tyler chose as her partner Phil Jerome. Plum seemed more interested in berating Tyler than in fighting her, which allowed Tyler to control the match for much of the time they were in the ring. Smith, however, had no outside interest in the match other than wanting to win, and he achieved this when he caught Jerome up in an Inverted Piledriver. Eddie Powell’s simple lifestyle and uncomplicated views on wrestling were mocked by Jefferson Stardust, who accused Powell of living in the past. The modern wrestling industry, he claimed, belonged to him: The most entertaining man alive. Powell took this as a challenge, and the subsequent match saw Stardust fall fairly quickly to the former All Action champion. Next, Swoop McCarthy put his Traditional title on the line after the two argued about who the more entertaining wrestler was. I’ll give you a clue: Neither man thought that it was Jefferson Stardust. In the ring, the crowd seemed split between the two – at least, Swoop was booed more loudly than Diamond was cheered. In the match itself, Swoop made a successful defence by pinning Diamond after a Running Powerslam. Fresh from his tag match at Remember November, El Heroe proved his credential as a singles competitor as he took on Marc Speed. The enigmatic Speed showed no reaction to Heroe’s big welcome from the Great Lakes crowd, and controlled the opening exchanges of the match. He tied Heroe up in a number of tough-looking holds, but Heroe gritted his teeth and toughed it out before taking control of the match, ultimately hitting the Flying Headbutt for the win. Team Honor def. The Second Sons by DQ – D Two Smoking Barrels def. The Wilkes Brothers – E+ Raphael def. Bradford Peverell – D Smith and Plum def. Jerome and Tyler – D- Eddie Powell def. Jefferson Stardust – D- Swoop McCarthy def. Dave Diamond – D El Heroe Mexicano def. Marc Speed – C- Overall: D+[/I] [/QUOTE] [CENTER][B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Alicia Strong vs. Brooke Tyler Kristabel Plum and Thea Davis vs. Lauren Easter and Joanne Rodriguez Fumihiro Ota vs. Ernest Youngman Remmy Skye vs. Sean Deeley “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Ruin (c) – MAW World title [/CENTER]

[B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Alicia Strong vs. [B]Brooke Tyler[/B] Kristabel Plum and Thea Davis vs. [B]Lauren Easter and Joanne Rodriguez[/B] Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Ernest Youngman[/B] Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Ruin (c) – MAW World title

[U]MAW Nationwide[/U] [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Brooke Tyler Kristabel Plum and Thea Davis vs. [B]Lauren Easter and Joanne Rodriguez[/B] [B]Fumihiro Ota[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. [B]Ruin[/B] (c) – MAW World title

[B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Brooke Tyler Kristabel Plum and Thea Davis vs. [B]Lauren Easter and Joanne Rodriguez[/B] [B]Fumihiro Ota[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. [B]Ruin [/B](c) – MAW World title

[B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Brooke Tyler [I]Tyler with her recent heel turn may be ready for a stronger push but I can't see her going over Strong[/I] Kristabel Plum and Thea Davis vs. [B]Lauren Easter and Joanne Rodriguez[/B] [I]You'll tease some tension between Easter and J-Ro but ultimately the heels go over.[/I] Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Ernest Youngman[/B] [I]Ota's probably at their stage now where he should be putting hot young talent like Youngman over.[/I] Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Skye tanked in the main event, so Deeley whose return was treated as a fairly big deal goes over[/I] “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. [B]Ruin (c) –[/B] MAW World title [I]I just have a feeling that Ruin's reign as champ will continue for a little while longer. It wont be clean but he'll hold onto the belt.[/I]

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;669764]Yes we know, you LOVE womens wrestling. It's not like you're obsessed about it or anything. :D:p[/QUOTE] Yes and no. Yes, I prefer women's wrestling. No, I'm not obsessed about it. I'm just a big proponent of giving credit where it's due. If a worker is good (or great), then that's what they are. Gender shouldn't factor into it at all. As a booker, I'm about making money. If a chick is going to make me more money (in the way of profit) than a dude, gimme the chick. The only bromance I tolerate is with a certain Mr. Franklin. It just so happens, in TEW, women tend to trend cheaper than similarly skilled and over men. [QUOTE=Tigerkinney;669764]Anyway I do actually recognize that the women in that match are [B]amongst[/B] the best workers in the promotion but I think you're doing the likes of Ultimate Phoenix, El Heroe Mexicano, K.C Glenn, Jean Cattley and the returning Sean Deeley a disservice by saying that they are THE best workers in the promotion.[/QUOTE] I didn't say those other workers weren't good or sucked. Acknowledging one worker's superiority isn't an indictment of their co-workers or peers. Saying that Michael Jordan was the greatest professional basketball player of all time doesn't mean Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, or Julius Erving weren't good or great, for example. Personally, I'd put Alicia & Lauren against any of the workers you named in a heartbeat. To me, they offer more in the way of versatility, given their diverse skillsets. As for Swoop's finisher, as I said, it's not an issue. I guess I just always saw him as an outsized personality type of big man who would have an equally outsized finisher (even if it wasn't the most technically impressive). I'm intrigued to see what you do with Katie though. :)

[b]Alicia Strong[/b] vs. Brooke Tyler Money match...if their Dad's were involved. [b]Kristabel Plum and Thea Davis[/b] vs. Lauren Easter and Joanne Rodriguez Yup...gotta build up this team. Fumihiro Ota vs. [b]Ernest Youngman[/b] Yup. Ota's now in the star who will job a bunch since he's getting old. Remmy Skye vs. [b]Sean Deeley[/b] I've got a feeling Deeley's getting a rocket up his ass style push [b]“Machine” Jean Cattley[/b] vs. Ruin (c) – MAW World title DQ Finish.

[I]OOC: No bickering, or I'll turn this diary around and then there's no big-ass feud blow off for anyone. I mean it... :p[/I] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, November 26th 2013[/CENTER] Fumihiro Ota vs. Ernest Youngman[/B] Ota schooled the youngster from the opening bell, going after him with high kicks and then, when Youngman tried to trap him as Sean Deeley had, Ota shifted focus with hard chops and elbow strikes. Youngman tried to tie up Ota, forcing him to the mat in an attempt to contain him, but Ota was able to break free and score the win with a Shining Wizard. Winner: Fumihiro Ota (C+) * Before Ota had a chance to celebrate his win, he was ambushed by Ruin, who had appeared as though from nowhere and slid into the ring, before blasting Ota with a lariat as he rose to his feet. Youngman joined in the attack, a little slowly after his defeat. Rip also entered the ring to add the coup de grace, a Rip Chord DDT even as Jean Cattley sprinted down to the ring, too late to save his teammate as the three Cult Of Chord members split. Ota was out cold, and needed to be stretchered to the back. * [B]Alicia Strong vs. Brooke Tyler[/B] The newly-aggressive Tyler tried to jump Alicia before the bell, but the savvy Strong was able to counter. Tyler is promising, but Strong has seen an awful lot despite her youth, and seemed to have a counter for almost everything Tyler tried, before putting her away with a Strong Arm Tactic. Winner: Alicia Strong (C-) * Lauren Easter and Joanne Rodriguez left their shared locker room to make their way down to the ring for the match. J-Ro paused when she caught sight of the names on the door – first Easter’s, then hers. Looking vaguely annoyed, she followed the Women’s champion along the corridor. * [B]Kristabel Plum and Thea Davis vs. Lauren Easter and Joanne Rodriguez[/B] Despite Rodriguez appearing unenthusiastic about the match, she and Easter performed fairly well as a team, although J-Ro tried to boss the match, telling her young partner to stay in the corner at point when Easter reached for a tag. Davis and Plum were eventually able to take over control from Rodriguez, who was forced to bail out of the ring. Outside, Easter and J-Ro regained control by pitching Davis into the crowd, although Rodriguez didn’t seem to appreciate her partner’s help all that much. Back in the ring, Rodriguez took over and, before Davis had the chance to regain her senses and rejoin the match, Plum fell victim to a J-Rocker to give the champion and her partner the win. Winners: Easter and Rodriguez (D+) * Remy Skye came down the ramp, limping a little after his loss to Ruin but still taking the time to shake hands and acknowledge his many fans. [COLOR="Blue"]“I lost – but that’s okay. I went down fighting. I gave my all... and in two weeks, I have a rematch already signed and sealed. Whoever wins tonight’s match, I’ll be facing in a match for the MAW World title in fourteen days time.”[/COLOR] Before Skye could continue, Sean Deeley’s music played. Haley Buck and her client came down to the ring. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“”Well, that’s wonderful,” [/COLOR]Deeley said, glaring at Skye. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“I’ve spent the last nine months in Canada, perfecting my skills-“[/COLOR] he spread his arms wide, the Canadian flag jacket he was wearing emphasised by the movement [COLOR="SlateGray"]“-and I come back to this. Had I known that this company rated insane risk takers above solid technical excellence, I might have reconsidered before re-signing. Listen, boy, go and get some training. Come back when you’re ready to play with the big kids. You don’t belong in Mid Atlantic Wrestling – you’re an accident waiting to happen, and you know nothing of the purest science that is mastered only by the true wrestlers.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I’ve heard that a lot,”[/COLOR] Skye replied. [COLOR="Blue"]“I go my own way, I do things differently, and somehow that makes me less of a competitor. I play by the same rules as you, Deeley. I fight until a man can’t go any further. How I fight is up to me – what you choose to do is up to you, but it’s no more or less valid than my style of fighting.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]“So you choose to believe. But let’s see, shall we? I think we can settle this here and now.”[/COLOR] Skye made a bring it gesture, and Deeley entered the ring. * [B]Remmy Skye vs. Sean Deeley[/B] For Deeley, this was akin to facing Fumihiro Ota again. For Skye, it was like facing Ernest Youngman once more. It was speed against technique, with Deeley’s ‘Canadian’ skills being pushed to the limit by the utterly unpredictable Skye, who seems to invent new offence at a rate so fast that only he can keep up. Deeley at times had no chance to offer his own attack, concentrating solely on defending himself against the 360 degree assault from his opponent. However, with time he was able to chip away at Skye, slowing him by degrees until finally he trapped him in the centre of the ring in a Front Choke Lock to force the submission victory. Winner: Sean Deeley (C+) * The scene shifted backstage, and a caption informed us that we were being shown events from earlier in the day. Rip Chord was talking with Sara Silverman. She smiled, and nodded – and Rip took out a chequebook. He wrote out a cheque and handed it over, drawing an appreciative smile from Silverman when she saw the amount. * [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Ruin (c)[/B] for the MAW World title Rip’s confident approach to this match was explained by Ruin’s companions as he came down the aisle: Ernest Youngman, and to no-one’s surprise, Tim Westybrook. Jean Cattley emerged alone, as the only other Firm member on the show was beaten down earlier in the night. The match was a full-on brawl from the bell, with Cattley taking a thunderous beating in the early going. As with their previous matches, however, Ruin seemed to struggle to put his opponent down, and this frustrated the larger man. He grew sloppy in his offence, and allowed Cattley back into the match. Although winded and slowled at first, Cattley seemed to catch a second wind and soon had the champion on the back foot. On commentary, Rip grew more and more sour until, as Cattley sought a Mood Swing to potentially end the match and regain the title, he ordered Youngman and Westybrook into the ring, breaking up the move and drawing the disqualification. Winner: Jean Cattley (C) * Before Cattley had a chance to defend himself, Youngman was lining up to punt him in the head. However, before he could move Westybrook stepped in front of him and picked Cattley up, setting him on his feet. In the blink of an eye, Westybrook spun in place, nearly decapitating Youngman. The crowd were stunned into silence, before erupting into booming cheers as Westybrook picked up the youngster and pitched him through the ropes and into Rip, who was scrambling from the announcers’ table to try and set things to rights. Ruin looked from his fallen colleagues, and then back to Westybrook. It was clear that he was weighing up his chances against his fellow heavyweight. After several long seconds, with the crowd awaiting the clash of the two titans, Ruin slowly, deliberately, stepped backwards, before climbing through the ropes. His gaze never left Westybrook’s. [COLOR="Purple"]“What the hell do you think you’re doing?”[/COLOR] Rip demanded, as he was helped upright by Youngman. [COLOR="Purple"]“Do you think I’m going to pay you now?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“He doesn’t need your money.”[/COLOR] Chord turned and looked up the ramp. Katie Cameron was standing on the entrance stage. [COLOR="Magenta"]“Rip...”[/COLOR] she said, shaking her head. [COLOR="Magenta"]“You’ve been to our house. You were one of James’ oldest friends. You would have been the godfather to our children. He can’t understand how you made a mistake like coming after his family. You crossed a line, Rip.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“You crossed a man who has a lot of money at his disposal. More than you do, anyway. Enough to, say, hire Tim Westybrook for the next several weeks.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“But, but...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“You fired him? Yes, you did – but you didn’t fire me. And you can’t fire me now, either, because as of three pm this afternoon, I am now Tim Westybrook’s agent, self-employed. That deal you signed with Sara Silverman?”[/COLOR] Cameron took a sheet of paper from her pocket and unfolded it. The camera zoomed in to show that it was Rip’s check. Cameron ripped it in half, and then shredded the pieces with several quick tears. [COLOR="Magenta"]“It’s null and void. Thanks to a generous donation from a... private benefactor, my client is now part of The Firm.”[/COLOR] The camera turned to Chord, who looked furious beyond words as the show came to a close. [B]Overall: C-[/B] [I]Next: Choosing between a man with a broken ankle, or two of the 'brightest stars of the future'...[/I]

The difference between Phoenix, and The Second Sons is this: Casey and Antonio had their contracts come up at the same time. Wanting to appear proactive, I arranged to deal with the renewals myself. A mistake, as it turned out. Given their current status as Tag champions, and key role in the Firm/Cult storyline, they managed to wangle a pay rise of an extra $100 per appearance each from me, in lieu of pushing for travel expenses I know that they never claimed under Rip. Given my druthers, these two would be the first wrestlers I’d release. They’ve done nothing in my six years in MAW to suggest any kind of improvement, they don’t contribute anything backstage, and they’re of no real use in coaching younger workers like Phil Jerome or Delirium. However, Rip’s loyalty is total – I should be glad of that, I guess – and so the two are with us until such time as he retires from the business. At least they’re not causing trouble backstage, I guess. Meanwhile, Phoenix is nursing a broken ankle. Despite considerable pain, he made it to MAW HQ to sit down with us and discuss the renewal of his contract. Mindful of the bigger names that have joined MAW in recent months, but also of the potential for a greater number of paydays, he’s taken a $500 per show pay cut – but is now almost certain to be a fixture On Tour, plus the odd TV appearance. * Bradford Peverell has just signed on with CGC. CGC have a roster stacked with current and former MAW talent, a lot of whom have signed on and gone on to do a lot better north of the border than they did here in the Mid Atlantic. I hope that happens for Bradford – he’s one of the nicest guys around, and honestly I wish I could do more with him. Meanwhile, Thea Davis has signed to tour with 5SSW. Good for her, and potentially great for us – except that they run shows on Thursdays and Fridays, so she’s not available for TV or the On Tour shows. Still, three months in Japan should see her nice and improved, right? * [QUOTE] [CENTER][I]MAW.com Show Report – On Tour in Great Lakes Thursday 4th December 2013[/CENTER] Hello everyone, I’m Reese Paige and I’m coming to you tonight from Perry Hall where almost two thousand fans gathered tonight for On Tour. Tonight’s show kicked off with Two Smoking Barrels’ Josh Jones taking on Eddie Powell. Jones may not say much, but he laid it all on the line against the quick and experience Powell, showing off a range of skills we don’t always get to see from him. However, he didn’t have enough in the tank this time to topple Powell, and fell to a Motion Sensor. A tense moment came when The Firm’s El Heroe Mexicano came face to face with Rip Chord. The moment passed with only a few choice words exchanged, but it was clear Heroe had little respect for his employer. In six-man action, the team of Justin Sensitive and The Canadian Blondes took on Quentin Queen, Phil Jerome and Marc Speed in another of Mr. Chord’s efforts to keep things shaking around here. Interestingly, as Josh Jones had impressed solo, so Quentin Queen stood out in this match as he was able to beat Flash Savage with a Q-Ball for the win. Lenny Brown proclaimed that ‘firing’ Haley Buck would be good for him – there was no-one to hold him back and question his decisions now. He went up against the savvy Dazzling Dave Diamond in a full-force brawl, and while there moments he looked a little shaky, he was able to score with the Star Treatment for the win. Rip next announced that Team Honor partners Lassana Makutsi and Jared Johnson would be facing one another. The two men were clearly reluctant to fight, but eventually got into it a bit more. In the end, Johnson was able to trap his partner in a Carolina Crossface for the win. Afterwards, the two men shook hands and left the ring together in a show of unity. El Heroe then took on Delirium in a battle of the masked luchadores. The two men soared above the ring for much of the match, and with Heroe seemingly distracted by his earlier words with Rip Chord, it seemed that an upset may have been on the cards. Heroe rallied, however, taking control of the match and scoring the win with a Flying Headbutt. Ernest Youngman taunted Bradford Peverell next, stating that despite his goals of cleaning up MAW, he hadn’t made a stand against The Cult Of Chord. Well, that changed there and then as Peverell screamed down to the ring on his bike and began throwing fists at the Cult’s youngest member. Youngman seemed taken aback by Peverell’s intensity, but with a few cheap shots he was able to slow his opponent, and when he scored The Hit, he walked away with a win – and possible a lesson in when to run his mouth. Ahead of her rare gift of a match against Women’s champion Lauren Easter, Kristabel Plum talked about her dream of holding the gold belt. During the match, she took the fight to Easter, using her speed to keep the champion off balance for long spells. But Easter had a game plan that she was able to put into use, chopping away at Plum’s legs and gradually slowing her challenger, before clamping on a Figure Four Leglock in the centre of the ring to force the submission victory and retain the gold. Fans, this has been a great night of action featuring some of the present and future superstars of MAW. Make sure to catch us next time we’re in town! Eddie Powell def. Josh Jones – D Sensitive and The Canadian Blondes def. Jerome, Queen and Speed – E+ Lenny Brown def. Dave Diamond – D Jared Johnson def. Lassana Makutsi – E+ El Heroe Mexicano def. Delirium – D- Ernest Youngman def. Bradford Peverell – C- Lauren Easter def. Kristabel Plum – C- Overall: D+[/I] [/QUOTE] [CENTER][B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Eddie Powell vs. Raphael (c) – MAW All Action title KC Glenn vs. Rudy Velasquez El Heroe Mexicano and Alicia Strong vs. Sean Deeley and Lauren Easter Tim Westybrook and “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Ernest Youngman and Ruin[/CENTER]

Eddie Powell vs. [B]Raphael [/B](c) – MAW All Action title [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez El Heroe Mexicano and Alicia Strong vs. [B]Sean Deeley and Lauren Easter[/B] [B]Tim Westybrook and “Machine” Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman and Ruin

$500 per show paycut? The man's insane! :p How do you even ask him to take that kind of paycut? The most I ever got someone to knock off was $50, and that was Mark Smart after a year out with a broken neck had seen his skills drop a bit and the rest of the card overtake him in popularity to the point where he was a lower midcarder... I'd never even dream of saying to one of my top stars "Hey, since you're not quite the best we have any more, would you mind taking $500 less a show?"... Congratulations on your Ferengi-like negotiation skills, I guess. :p Oh, and Delirium doesn't need to be trained! ¬_¬ You also mentioned a possiblity that had genuinely never occured to me before now... I can't WAIT for Rip to retire (or, slightly more dark-humouredly, die). Jay Chord being your boss would be just beautiful.

[B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Eddie Powell vs. [B]Raphael[/B] (c) – MAW All Action title [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez El Heroe Mexicano and Alicia Strong vs. [B]Sean Deeley and Lauren Easter[/B] Tim Westybrook and “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Ernest Youngman and Ruin - [B]Draw[/B]

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;671118]$500 per show paycut? The man's insane! :p How do you even ask him to take that kind of paycut? The most I ever got someone to knock off was $50, and that was Mark Smart after a year out with a broken neck had seen his skills drop a bit and the rest of the card overtake him in popularity to the point where he was a lower midcarder... I'd never even dream of saying to one of my top stars "Hey, since you're not quite the best we have any more, would you mind taking $500 less a show?"...[/QUOTE] I'm guessing it's the combo of TV + injury. The most I've seen knocked off was Jay Fair cutting his PPA by $300 when we went from two shows a month to five.

I was paying Phoenix $1,500 PA with his expected asking price at $900. I always start at the expected, but I got the usual 'little bit low' so bumped it up to $1,000. I was delighted that he signed for that. I've never seen a worker sign for less due to injury (limited data set, but...) but I would assume that age (he's 38) and other workers salaries (a number of comparable workers have left) may play a part here.

Eddie Powell vs. [b]Raphael (c)[/b] – MAW All Action title [b]KC Glenn[/b] vs. Rudy Velasquez El Heroe Mexicano and Alicia Strong vs. [b]Sean Deeley and Lauren Easter[/b] Tim Westybrook and “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Ernest Youngman and Ruin - Schmozz non-finish

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;671105]Eddie Powell vs. [B]Raphael [/B](c) – MAW All Action title [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez El Heroe Mexicano and Alicia Strong vs. [B]Sean Deeley and Lauren Easter[/B] [B]Tim Westybrook and “Machine” Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman and Ruin[/QUOTE] I'll go with Big P's choices as well. With Westybrook teaming with Cattley does this mean he has now turned face ? or is it just a union of convenience.

[quote=Bigpapa42;671105]Eddie Powell vs. [B]Raphael [/B](c) – MAW All Action title [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez El Heroe Mexicano and Alicia Strong vs. [B]Sean Deeley and Lauren Easter[/B] [B]Tim Westybrook and “Machine” Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman and Ruin[/quote] Seconded aswell. :cool:

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;671559]I'll go with Big P's choices as well. With Westybrook teaming with Cattley does this mean he has now turned face ? or is it just a union of convenience.[/QUOTE] Erm, yeah. Ish. It's a convenience thing face/face matches grade out better than heel/heel. Westybrook will fight whoever brings the money - and right now that's the Cult. In the future it could be Heroe one night, Deeley the next... The sad thing is that he's 37/8, so already on the time decline list.

[QUOTE=James Casey;671810]Erm, yeah. Ish. It's a convenience thing face/face matches grade out better than heel/heel. Westybrook will fight whoever brings the money - and right now that's the Cult. In the future it could be Heroe one night, Deeley the next... The sad thing is that he's 37/8, so already on the time decline list.[/QUOTE] That's not too bad. If he's not far along, he could last a while yet.

Archived