MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

It's gonna be Jimmy Cox. Has to be. [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith [/B]vs. Rudy Velasquez [B]Alicia Strong and Kristabel Plum[/B] vs. Joanne Rodriguez and Brooke Tyler Remmy Skye vs. [B]Ernest Youngman[/B] [B]Tim Westybrook, El Heroe Mexicano and “Machine” Jean Cattley[/B] vs. Ruin and The Second Sons

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez [I]Pretty sure Velasquez on his way out[/I] Alicia Strong and Kristabel Plum vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez and Brooke Tyler[/B] [I]Heels just seem to be a little stronger overall to me, but these womens Tags can always go either way. [/I] Remmy Skye vs. [B]Ernest Youngman[/B] [I]Probably better already and also more long term potential[/I] Tim Westybrook, El Heroe Mexicano and “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. [B]Ruin and The Second Sons[/B] [I]I'm torn on this one, do you want the face going in with momentum or the heels lookign unstoppable. If it was me, for storyline purposes I'd go for the heel win in this one.[/I]

[I]OOC: Javier Cano, Jesus Chavez, Jesus Christ. One of these things is not like the others...[/I] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, 19th December 2013[/CENTER] Alicia Strong and Kristabel Plum vs. Joanne Rodriguez and Brooke Tyler [/B] Rodriguez at first seemed eager to tie up with Strong, but in fact this was a feint as a distracted Plum fell victim to a hard kick when her attention was on the interaction between J-Ro and Strong. J-Ro was on a mission during the match, seemingly trying to show her intelligence as well as her physical ability. However, her exertion tired her, and she had to bring Tyler into the match. Tyler took the match to the mat, slowing the tempo, and while she was able to hold Plum and Strong at bay, she wasn’t able to control the match as completely as Strong had. Plum was able to gain a measure of revenge on her former ally by catching her with a Plum Tucker, and while this wasn’t enough to score the win, Strong followed it up with an Angel Driver to score the win as a frustrated J-Ro watched on from outside. Winner: Strong & Plum (C-) * Her team defeated, a furious Joanne Rodriguez picked up a mic and dared Suzanne Brazzle to face her at End Of Days. [COLOR="Blue"]“You’re the last Women’s champion,”[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="Blue"]“It seems like I have to earn respect here. That shouldn’t be the case, but for now I’ll go along with it... So on Monday night, I want you in the ring. And then when I beat you, people will see that I’m not past it, I’m not outdated, I’m not too old to fight in this company!”[/COLOR] She threw the mic to the mat as Rock and Rip wondered why she’d think any of those things. * [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. Rudy Velasquez[/B] This was a short match, with Velasquez seemingly distracted by matters outside the ring. For that reason, Smith was able to make fairly short work of him before pinning him with a Backdrop Driver. Winner: Brandon Smith (D) * Remmy Skye took a moment to accept the challenge from Haley Buck on behalf of her client. On Monday night, it would be Skye vs. Deeley at End Of Days! * [B]Remmy Skye vs. Ernest Youngman[/B] This was shaping up to be a highly entertaining contest, with Skye showing once more that he would take risks that just wouldn’t occur to a normal person. Youngman fought hard to keep him grounded, but even when he seemed to have the match in control, Skye would break out a wild attack that gave him back the edge. Youngman was on the verge of defeat when the match was interrupted by the arrival of Cult Of Chord members, closely followed by the arrival in turn of The Firm, turning the ring into a mass brawl from which Remmy Skye emerged looking put out that his match had been interrupted. Winner: No-one (C) * The brawl continued until order was restored by an influx of referees, security guards and backstage workers, with the two sides separated to opposite sides of the ring. Rip was geeing up Ruin and The Second Sons when he noticed someone unexpected standing among The Firm – a man making his first MAW appearance in over a year... [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JDMorgan.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] ...JD Morgan. [COLOR="Purple"]“So, this is the fifth member of The Firm, is it?”[/COLOR] Rip said. [COLOR="Purple"]“I’ll give you credit, Cattley, Morgan’s a tough old b---ard. I heard you’d retired, though.”[/COLOR] Morgan smiled. [COLOR="Blue"]“Just helping out an old colleague,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="Blue"]“I haven’t forgotten what happened last year.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“When you broke your knee in the last War Games?”[/COLOR] Rip asked. He shook his head. [COLOR="Purple"]“That was nothing to do with me, Morgan. Aaron Andrews did that.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I know... but it’s your company, Rip. I could sue. I could end up owning this company. Be grateful I’m just here to give a few tips to Jean and the others.”[/COLOR] He smiled again, and The Firm left the ring to discuss strategy ahead of the main event, Westybrook pausing momentarily to glare at Ruin before following. [COLOR="Sienna"]“So... is he on the team or not?”[/COLOR] Casey Valentine asked. [COLOR="Sienna"]“It sounded like he might not be.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Forget it,” [/COLOR]Rip snapped. [COLOR="Purple"]“Whoever they’ve got, Morgan or whatever, we’ll roll over them. Just remember what I’ve taught you.”[/COLOR] Rip left the ring as the referee called the competitors together. As he took his seat at the announcers’ table, for a moment he looked pensive. * [B]Tim Westybrook, El Heroe Mexicano and “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Ruin and The Second Sons[/B] Given that six-man matches tend to be wild brawls anyway, putting The Firm and The Cult Of Chord in just a few days before War Games... Yeah, this was a wild brawl with a capital w, and a capital b. (Why not use the capitals? Because I don’t want to be sued all the way to Toontown via a wrong turn at Albuquerque...) Anyway, it was non-stop action from bell to bell. Several minutes in, Rock noted that Ruin and Westybrook were the only ones not to have tied up. In fact, when Westybrook tagged in, Ruin tagged out. Rip quickly said that Antonio had been tasked with tackling Westybrook – which didn’t seem to be a great tactic as Westybrook pitched the tag champ halfway across the ring with one hand. The match continued, and while Rip had an answer for most things, it was clear that even he was struggling to justify Ruin’s actions, to the point that when the World champ was the only one who could break up a TNT Whirlwind on Valentine, he didn’t – and Heroe took advantage by forcing Valentine to submit with a Mexican Mutilation. Winner: The Firm (C-) * Ruin made a dive for Heroe after the bell, and the six men continued to brawl, the fight spilling out of the ring. Chord abandoned the announcers’ table to join in, bringing a chair with him. He waffled Heroe with the chair, before someone vaulted the guard barrier and slid into the ring. Rip turned to meet the new threat as the crowd exploded, the other fighters coming to a standstill as they took in the events unfolding between the ropes. The newcomer was too quick for Rip, booting him in the gut and delivering a DDT on the dropped chair. The newcomer rose to his feet, scraping long hair back from his eyes as Jean announced: [COLOR="Navy"]“Introducing the fifth member of The Firm this Monday!”[/COLOR] He tossed the mic to the man in the centre of the ring, who caught it and crouched down beside Rip, putting his mouth by the downed man’s ear. [COLOR="Red"]“Hello...”[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JayChord.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="Red"]“...Dad.”[/COLOR] [B]Overall: C-[/B] [I]Next: Jay. What else? Oh, and Big Smack Scott...[/I]

I left Jay and Rip to talk after the show. Jay seemed different, somehow – more mature, I guess. I’d talked to one or two friends backstage in TCW, and the consensus seemed to be that Jay was still an ass. However, he was more professional. He was still anti-social to the point of having almost everyone else in the locker room united against him. However, he was also seen as someone who was easy to work with – he’d been consistently one of TCW’s top performers in recent months, despite dropping down the card in terms of his push. His lengthy tag title reign with Darryl Devine had ended in August with Devine getting the rub and moving up to the main event. Jay had been the Stevie Grayson to Devine’s Wolf Hawkins, and fallen to the lowercard. This seems to have been a catalyst for a change in how he works, as he’s knuckled down and become a professional. In the ring. In fairness, Jay had been equally professional backstage after the show. No dog dirt, no nudity... Jay had immediately been swept away by Rip, but even so, it was pleasing that he’d caused no trouble. It was also pleasing to see Rip and Jay talking. By all accounts, they hadn’t done much of that of late. Jay had even missed the September get together. But they had fallen back into conversation easily enough. I wondered if, perhaps, being Rip Chord’s son had caught up to Jay at last. If it had, then maybe he was taking stock of what being Rip Chord’s son actually meant. In a sense, the feud between The Firm and The Cult had stemmed from that relationship, and the sense of frustration I had felt at being stuck with Antonio and Casey Valentine. MAW had made do with the rejects and the callow hopefuls since I’d joined, and while we’d sent plenty on to better things I couldn’t help but feel that a number of them had gone before they were ready – Ernest and KC among them. Their relative lack of success in SWF spoke volumes for their lack of readiness for the big time. Like it or not, but MAW had a bigger profile than any company outside the big three in the US because of Rip. When a worker did well for us, it attracted attention. The Cult played on that – the way that Jay and KC and Earnest and so many others had been snapped up before they were necessarily ready to ‘graduate’ because they’d done so well on a relatively high-profile stage. The reason they’d done so well had little to do, directly, with Rip. I couldn’t even claim that it had much to do with me. It was men like Jean and Ota, men who’d spent their careers honing their own talents in spite of little or not chance of ever becoming big stars. They deserved the credit for teaching the youngsters – and even people like Harry Allen and Ruin, who’d missed out in their first shot at the big time – and improving their performance so that they got noticed when the big league scouts came to watch the shows. One of my favourite stories of that aspect of the business came when a good looking kid called Scott Sinclair made his first appearance for the SWF. Sinclair looked like a star – the intangible ‘It Factor’ was evident even then. He came in on the back of short runs in various indies where he’d never really impressed, but always got over easily enough. Richard Eisen and the booking staff had seen dollar signs all over him, and pitted him against Rich Money on a house show. Sinclair had looked like a star in the ring as well, his timing was excellent, he dominated the young heel and the fans were cheering for him like the reincarnation of Sam Strong. Eisen was sold, and soon vignettes began airing for the debut of the newly re-christened Big Smack Scott on Supreme TV. Weeks – if not months – of increasingly expensive promos aired, and it was clear that the approaching Big Smack was a big deal. When he finally made his debut, as the surprise guest partner of Jack Bruce in a match against Eric Eisen and Runaway Train, well, let’s just say Scott failed to live up to the hype. His performance stunk out the arena. SWF fans, known for being willing to tolerate a lot from a guy with the right look, were demanding refunds. At first it was put down to nerves, but as the weeks passed and Scott didn’t get any better in the ring, Eisen held a crisis meeting with his staff. The road agents gave Eisen the answer he was looking for – Big Smack Scott had looked great against Rich Money because Money had done everything he could to make Scott look great. On that night, in that match, Money could have made a broomstick look like a future world champion. All due credit to the creative staff at Supreme – they turned BSS heel, limited his ring time and maximised his promo time. Scott got over – but any ideas of him being the Next Big Thing were scuttled. That’s why The Firm is lead by Westybrook, Powell, Ota and Cattley, workers who’ll never be the top man – but who’ll always give a great performance. That’s why we’ve pushed Ruin so hard, because he’s someone who’s come a long way on what he’s got, and worked hard for it. It’s also why KC Glenn, Ernest Youngman and El Heroe Mexicano have been a part of the storyline, because they [I]will[/I] be the stars of tomorrow... with a little help from the veterans. It’s why Antonio and Casey Valentine are there – to make it clear that your career can stall at midcard level for a regional fed, even with one of the best wrestlers of all time as your mentor. As for bringing back Jay? That’s just me being nice to my best friend, and giving him a chance to work with his son again. * JD Morgan [I]has[/I] retired. Over the last month, he’s been testing his knee to see how much damage was done in MAW’s last War Games match in September last year. The doctors and Morgan came to the conclusion that his mobility was too limited to allow him to wrestle professionally. We arranged a deal with PSW to bring JD back for one show to make his ‘farewell’ appearance as we felt that we owed it to him. Behind the scenes, Swoop McCarthy had arranged it so that Morgan had the Traditional title for the night. Swoop’s a decent guy like that – he may never have met Morgan, but he’s a class act, every bit as much as Morgan himself. * It was almost showtime, and I was pacing around the backstage like an expectant father, the tick, tick, tick of my cane on the tiled floor drawing reproachful looks from a number of workers, had I been aware enough to notice. The main event was up in the air again. Neither Jay nor Rip was willing to agree to a finish that would see one of their teams lose. Since I wasn’t going to be the first booker to set a non-finish to a War Games match, I’d been going back and forth all day trying to come up with a compromise. With ten minutes until showtime, Ruin and Jean had approached me and outline a finish that I felt would be acceptable to both parties. I’d sent them off to speak to their respective Chords, while I rued the day I’d ever thought it would be a good idea to put father and son in the ring again. With just a couple of minutes to bell time, Jean and Ruin emerged almost simultaneously from the Chords’ locker rooms. The look on their faces said it all – it wasn’t a finish I was ecstatic about, but I could live with it if it meant that the match actually [I]had[/I] a finish... * [CENTER][B]MAW End Of Days[/B] Remmy Skye vs. Sean Deeley Special Attraction: Angel De Mexico vs. Davis Wayne Newton Suzanne Brazzle vs. Joanne Rodriguez Alicia Strong vs. Lauren Easter (c) – MAW Women’s title The Firm (Cattley, Westybrook, Glenn, Heroe, Chord) vs. The Cult Of Chord (Ruin, Rip, Antonio, Valentine, Youngman) – War Games Plus: Swoop McCarthy’s Traditional title Open Challenge[/CENTER]

Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] Special Attraction: Angel De Mexico vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez[/B] [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter (c) – MAW Women’s title [B]The Firm[/B] (Cattley, Westybrook, Glenn, Heroe, Chord) vs. The Cult Of Chord (Ruin, Rip, Antonio, Valentine, Youngman) – War Games Plus: [B]Swoop McCarthy’s [/B]Traditional title Open Challenge

MAW End Of Days Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] Special Attraction: Angel De Mexico vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [B]Suzanne Brazzle[/B] vs. Joanne Rodriguez [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter (c) – MAW Women’s title [B]The Firm [/B](Cattley, Westybrook, Glenn, Heroe, Chord) vs. The Cult Of Chord (Ruin, Rip, Antonio, Valentine, Youngman) – War Games Plus: [B]Swoop McCarthy’s [/B]Traditional title Open Challenge

Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Just for the fact that I feel Deelets the better worker[/I] Special Attraction: Angel De Mexico vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [I]Have a feeling DWN's a little more over in the US[/I] Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez[/B] [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter (c) – MAW Women’s title [I]Setting up Strong and J-Ro to reignite their feud with the title now on the line...wouldn't be at all surprised if I'm totally wrong though.[/I] [B]The Firm (Cattley, Westybrook, Glenn, Heroe, Chord)[/B] vs. The Cult Of Chord (Ruin, Rip, Antonio, Valentine, Youngman) – War Games [I]Time for some pay back on the Cult of Chord ? Possible end of year 'blow off' match to a long running storyline ?[/I] Plus: [B]Swoop McCarthy’s[/B] Traditional title Open Challenge [I]I'll go for the safe bet that Swoop will hold onto the belt[/I]

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;675427]Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Just for the fact that I feel Deelets the better worker[/I] Special Attraction: Angel De Mexico vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [I]Have a feeling DWN's a little more over in the US[/I] Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez[/B] [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter (c) – MAW Women’s title [I]Setting up Strong and J-Ro to reignite their feud with the title now on the line...wouldn't be at all surprised if I'm totally wrong though.[/I] [B]The Firm (Cattley, Westybrook, Glenn, Heroe, Chord)[/B] vs. The Cult Of Chord (Ruin, Rip, Antonio, Valentine, Youngman) – War Games [I]Time for some pay back on the Cult of Chord ? Possible end of year 'blow off' match to a long running storyline ?[/I] Plus: [B]Swoop McCarthy’s[/B] Traditional title Open Challenge [I]I'll go for the safe bet that Swoop will hold onto the belt[/I][/QUOTE] I'm going to second TK's picks here. I could see the War Games match going either way, for any number of reasons. But I see the return of Jay tipping the scales.

MAW End Of Days Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]He's someone you can rely on[/I] Special Attraction: Angel De Mexico vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B] [I]Just because I've never really liked ADM[/I] Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez[/B] [I]J-Ro[/I] Alicia Strong vs. [B]Lauren Easter (c) [/B]– MAW Women’s title [I]Champ retains[/I] The Firm (Cattley, Westybrook, Glenn, Heroe, Chord) vs. [B]The Cult Of Chord [/B](Ruin, Rip, Antonio, Valentine, Youngman) – War Games [I]I almost agreed with everyone else but then I thought, maybe Jay will join the Cult - too soon? probably[/I] Plus:[B] Swoop McCarthy[/B]’s Traditional title Open Challenge

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;675427]Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Just for the fact that I feel Deelets the better worker[/I] Special Attraction: Angel De Mexico vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [I]Have a feeling DWN's a little more over in the US[/I] Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez[/B] [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter (c) – MAW Women’s title [I]Setting up Strong and J-Ro to reignite their feud with the title now on the line...wouldn't be at all surprised if I'm totally wrong though.[/I] [B]The Firm (Cattley, Westybrook, Glenn, Heroe, Chord)[/B] vs. The Cult Of Chord (Ruin, Rip, Antonio, Valentine, Youngman) – War Games [I]Time for some pay back on the Cult of Chord ? Possible end of year 'blow off' match to a long running storyline ?[/I] Plus: [B]Swoop McCarthy’s[/B] Traditional title Open Challenge [I]I'll go for the safe bet that Swoop will hold onto the belt[/I][/QUOTE] I'll have to "third" these pics, aka second. :)

[QUOTE=Mattlore Devious;675657]MAW End Of Days Remmy Skye vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]He's someone you can rely on[/I] Special Attraction: Angel De Mexico vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B] [I]Just because I've never really liked ADM[/I] Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez[/B] [I]J-Ro[/I] Alicia Strong vs. [B]Lauren Easter (c) [/B]– MAW Women’s title [I]Champ retains[/I] The Firm (Cattley, Westybrook, Glenn, Heroe, Chord) vs. [B]The Cult Of Chord [/B](Ruin, Rip, Antonio, Valentine, Youngman) – War Games [I]I almost agreed with everyone else but then I thought, maybe Jay will join the Cult - too soon? probably[/I] Plus:[B] Swoop McCarthy[/B]’s Traditional title Open Challenge[/QUOTE] I'll second these picks. I don't think the Cult of Chord storyline is quite done yet, and I don't see the faces winning until it is done.

[B]Remmy Skye[/B] vs. Sean Deeley - If Skye is good enough to be a title contender twice, he can surely beat Deeley... Special Attraction: Angel De Mexico vs.[B] Davis Wayne Newton[/B] Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez[/B] [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter (c) – MAW Women’s title [B]The Firm[/B] (Cattley, Westybrook, Glenn, Heroe, Chord) vs. The Cult Of Chord (Ruin, Rip, Antonio, Valentine, Youngman) – War Games - Gah... so... difficult. I'm gonna go with The Firm, just because of the whole Prodigal Son thing.

[I]OOC: Seconding, thirding, fourthing... Eight predictors, and no-one got 100% :p Anyway: Time's a-wasting. We have people around this weekend, so this may be my last post until Sunday. Good job it's a pretty long one... You may want to take a break before War Games :D[/I] [CENTER][B]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: End Of Days Monday, 22nd December 2013[/B][/CENTER] The show began with Jay and Rip Chord in the centre of the ring. They were clad in street clothes, and standing around ten feet apart. Both men regarded the other with undisguised loathing. [COLOR="Purple"]“You decided to come back, then,”[/COLOR] Rip said. [COLOR="Red"]“I had some old debts to pay back,”[/COLOR] Jay replied. [COLOR="Purple"]“You never call, you never write... And then you show up and give your old man a DDT.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“Just following in your footsteps, Dad. That was always your calling card, wasn’t it?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“And it worked.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“I agree.”[/COLOR] They glared at one another. [COLOR="Purple"]“So, how long are you going to stick around for this time?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“As long as it takes.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“You and your merry band won’t be able to defeat us. We have real talent on our side – and my protégés have the desire to make something of themselves, and the intelligence to respect someone who’s been there, and done that.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“A long time ago,”[/COLOR] Jay said, so quickly as to finish Rip’s sentence for him. [COLOR="Red"]“The business has moved on, Dad. You’re a dinosaur, and sooner or later you’re going to become extinct. Maybe tonight, if I get my way.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Son, I know I’m on my way out. That’s not news – it’s why I set up this company. What I see now are scared old fighters like Cattley and Westybrook, past their prime and trying to hide it. I won’t deny that my boys can learn something from beating them – the pleasure of cracking someone’s skull, for example. The Firm is standing in the way of the future. They may have duped kids like KC Glenn or El Heroe Mexicano into helping them, but if I wanted them on my side then that’s where they’d be. I can’t take care of everyone in this company, so I’ve handpicked the best young wrestlers around. That’s The Cult Of Chord. The funny thing is, The Firm tries to claim that by allying themselves with workers like Glenn and you that they’re somehow representing the future as well. I don’t believe it for a second, and I’m ashamed for you that you’ve fallen for it. If we hadn’t taken out Ota and Powell they’d be standing in this ring tonight, more old guys holding back the future so they can have one last chance of glory. If we hadn’t exposed the hypocrisy of The Firm, not a man of them would be under thirty-five tonight. I’m sure they would have recruited Phoenix as well. That’s what you’re fighting for, son.”[/COLOR] Jay smiled, toothily. [COLOR="Red"]“You know, I don’t care. I didn’t really listen to what Cattley had to say when he rang up and asked me to come down. Not once he’d said that I had a chance to beat you in a cage. That was all I needed... Dad.”[/COLOR] The two men glared at one another once more, before Rip shook his head and walked away. Jay smirked at him as Rip took up his place at the announcers’ table – at least until the main event. * We were backstage with El Heroe Mexicano. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Some say that the future of the company may rest on this match in which I will fight tonight,” [/COLOR]he said. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Or that tonight I shall represent the past fighting against the future.”[/COLOR] He stopped, shrugged, and smiled. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“All I know is that tonight will represent my first real main event here in MAW. I believe in The Firm. I believe that, so long as a man can fight, he should not be forced out due to age. I do not believe that I would have joined The Cult if they had asked... “Tonight the future of MAW may hang in the balance. But tonight you will definitely see what El Heroe Mexicano can do when the spotlight is on me!”[/COLOR] * Remmy Skye and Sean Deeley made their way to the ring for their match. Before the referee could signal for the bell, they got in one another’s faces, Deeley intent and aggressive, Skye focused and calmer. Deeley shoved Skye. Skye replied with a shove of his own. Deeley slapped Skye. Skye held a hand to his face, working his jaw Deeley smirked – until Skye landed a lightning-quick dropsault that sent Deeley staggering back and through the ropes, where he took a painful bump to the arena floor. Skye stood on the bottom rope, leaning over the top strand and glaring down at Deeley as the former Traditional champion scowled up at his opponent. * [B]Remmy Skye vs. Sean Deeley[/B] Skye was intent from the opening bell, working hard to keep the technical wizard under control. Rock noted that Skye checked himself several times, preventing himself from taking risks. Deeley grinned as he caught Skye second-guessing himself, and used it to cinch in a series of leglocks to try and cut Skye off at the knees, as it were. Skye seemed to be out of it, but the crowd were behind him and he seemed to feed off the energy, building up the momentum at high speed and delivering a series of crashing attacks capped off with a Skye Diver that put Deeley down for the pin. Winner: Remmy Skye (B-) * KC Glenn was backstage, pacing anxiously up and down. [COLOR="Blue"]“This is the biggest match I’ve ever been in,”[/COLOR] he said, pausing to look at the camera. [COLOR="Blue"]“I was the Invitational champion. I’ve fought for the World title... But this is big. I’ve got to do my best in the War Games cage – not just for me, but for everyone in this company. Mr. Chord thinks that only he knows how to make it in wrestling. Well, I’ve done okay for myself in SWF as well as here, and he may have hired me, but he’s not provided me with any guidance beyond that. “This may be Mr. Chord’s company, and ultimately he can do what he wants... but I have to fight for what’s right. All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing. If I don’t stand against Mr. Chord, what kind of man would I be?”[/COLOR] * Swoop McCarthy stood in the centre of the ring, his shining new Traditional title belt around his waist. [COLOR="Teal"]“Swoop issued a challenge for anyone to come here tonight and face him for these ten pounds of gold,”[/COLOR] he said, smiling out at the crowd. [COLOR="Teal"]“So here Swoop stands. Who will answer the challenge? Who has the talent, the courage, even the stupidity to get in this ring and believe that they can take this title from the greatest Traditional champion ever, Swoop McCarthy!”[/COLOR] Brandon Smith’s music hit the PA, and the former NFL star strode down to the ring, looking determined. He entered the ring, and took up position in one corner, his gaze fixed unmovingly on Swoop. The champ looked confident as he returned Smith’s gaze. Then Lenny Brown’s music hit the PA, and the former tag champion entered the arena. He stepped into the ring and shoulder-checked Swoop on his way past, never meeting the champion’s gaze, but clearly not intimidated either. Swoop, for his part, looked slightly concerned. And then Kashmir Singh’s music hit the PA. Smith’s former tag partner seemingly glided down the aisle, and a closer inspection showed him to be on rollerblades. He did a smooth pirouette at ringside, letting out a triumphant [COLOR="Blue"]“Owww!”[/COLOR] as the music reached its crescendo, before shedding the skates and slinking into the ring, pausing only to strike a pose in a third corner, before pulling out a mirror to check that his extravagant hair was still in place. Swoop, meanwhile, looked downright worried at suddenly finding himself with three opponents but, as Rip was quick to note, champions had to be careful when handing out open challenges. * [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. Lenny Brown vs. Swoop McCarthy (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] With all four men in the ring at all times, the match was never less than eventful. The crowd got into it, with Swoop playing to them even as he tried his hardest to break up any pinfall attempt. Brandon Smith nearly snapped Singh in half with a spear, but Brown made the save. Brown then tried to pin Singh, only for Swoop to make the save. Singh grooved, Smith powered through, Brown cheated and strutted, but in the end Swoop nailed Brown with a Swoop Stunner to score the win and retain his title. Winner: Swoop McCarthy (C) * Ernest Youngman was working out backstage, bench-pressing a massive amount of weight to remind us of his strength, an often overlooked feature of his game. [COLOR="Blue"]“We have Rip Chord on our side,”[/COLOR] he said, with a grunt as he lifted the weights back onto the stand. [COLOR="Blue"]“Our natural talents, allied to the guidance of a man with the experience of any five others... There are those who say that you have to put in your time in this business, but I’m already a bigger name than someone like Eddie Powell has ever been. I’ve got no patience for waiting. My talent got peoples’ attention. It’s what will make me a household name before long. But in the meantime, I’m doing everything I can to clear the way: Allying with Rip Chord; Beating anyone who can claim to be ahead of me in the queue, it’s not disrespectful. It’s just business.”[/COLOR] * Before the next match, a short ‘Tale of the Tape’ video was screened. Angel was bigger and more experience, Davis had the better pedigree, and in other respects the two were pretty evenly matched. * [B]Special Attraction – South vs. North: Angel De Mexico vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/B] This was a pure filler match, designed to compensate for almost all the main event being in... the main event. Newton was the notional heel, but really both men stuck to the rules, and fought hard to represent their respective promotions. In the end, Newton won a hard fought match with a Fisherman’s Suplex. Winner: Davis Wayne Newton (C) * Jean Cattley was backstage in the freshly resurrected locker room of The Firm. Gathered with him were familiar faces: Eddie Powell, JFumihiro Ota and Phoenix. The latter three looked serious, but relaxed. Powell and Ota looked weary, but almost ready to go back in action. Phoenix sported a visible cast on his lower leg. Cattley looked whole, healthy, and deeply intense. [COLOR="Navy"]“Who has the right to tell men like myself and these competitors that their time has past?”[/COLOR] Jean asked. [COLOR="Navy"]“We’ve made our place in the world, Rip, and we’ve done it by being better than those we’ve defeated. No-one in this room would claim to be the best wrestler in the world. Most of us have been to the top table, and maybe a short visit was all we could manage. Maybe we don’t have the potential anymore to be the best in the world, maybe the chance came too late, or too early... “But in every match we’ve ever fought, each man in this room has given his all. Whatever our limits, whatever our weaknesses, every man in this room is an honest competitor – and the same is true for every man in The Firm. We don’t take shortcuts. We don’t try and eliminate our rivals in any way but in the ring. The ideals that you’re fostering, Rip... They’re not just setting any young kids off on the wrong foot, they’re endangering the way that this sport has always worked. The best always rise to the top, Rip. But they don’t start there. They have to work their way up. We won’t stand aside for them, Rip. We can still go toe to toe with anyone you bring into MAW, whether it’s Ruin, Youngman, or whoever. No matter how difficult you want to make it, Rip, we won’t stand aside. Bring in whatever prodigy you want: We’re not going to back down. This is our life. You won’t take it from us.”[/COLOR] * A split screen showed us that Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter were working out in silence in their shared locker room, while Alicia Strong and Suzanne Brazzle were also working out, but sharing a joke while they did so. As the cameras watched, Strong and Rodriguez both across the rooms to the doors and opened them at the same time. The cameras panned around to show them staring across the corridor at one another, identical looks of competitive zeal on their faces. Alicia slowly shut her door, and Rodriguez turned from the doorway, her expression unchanged as she glanced back at her associate before leaving the room for her match. * [B]Suzanne Brazzle vs. Joanne Rodriguez[/B] J-Ro began this match afire, taking the battle to Brazzle with an intensity and viciousness that caused the referee to issue a series of warnings for excessive brutality. In the end, J-Ro lost it and screamed at the referee, giving a bruised and hurt Brazzle the chance to get back into the match. The momentum was shared evenly between the two women, who were well matched, but Rodriguez was just unwilling to lie down, and in the end scored the pin after a J-Rocker. Rodriguez celebrated after the win as though she’d won the title itself. Winner: Joanne Rodriguez (B-) * The Second Sons were backstage, polishing their Tag Team title belts and looking smug. [COLOR="Sienna"]“The Second Sons are where they should be – in the main event of the match that will show our way as superior,”[/COLOR] Casey Valentine said, with a broad grin. [COLOR="Sienna"]“Just a few months of being proactive in our interpretation of Rip Chord’s teachings have moved us further than all those years wandering lost in the wilderness.” “I’ve always known a good investment,”[/COLOR] Antonio said, brushing a speck of dust from the gold belt. [COLOR="Sienna"]“And when Mr. Chord came to us and said that he wanted to be actively involved in our careers once more, well, that’s money. Once we prove our superiority over the relics and fools in that cage, then everyone will see exactly how great my partner and I are.”[/COLOR] * Alicia Strong and Lauren Easter stood in the ring before their match. They exchanged barbed comments, Alicia questioning how much Easter could rely on someone with the track record of Rodriguez, Easter wondering just how far Strong would have got in the business without her father. [COLOR="Blue"]“The opening match in Las Vegas, I suppose,”[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="Blue"]“You don’t have the... talent to get above that level...”[/COLOR] * [B]Alicia Strong vs. Lauren Easter (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Women’s title[/COLOR] We’d suspected that this would be our best match of the show, and as I watched I saw nothing to make me change my mind. It was a battle of contrasts, with the two women countering everything their opponent offered by shifting styles. The two well-rounded athletes went back and forth for over fifteen minutes, with no quarter asked or given, both in and out of the ring. The match could have gone either way, but when Easter evaded a corner knee smash, and Strong jammed her knee into the turnbuckle, Easter quickly wrapped her up in a Figure Four Leglock to force the submission and successfully retain her title. Winner: Lauren Easter (B) * Katie Cameron was backstage, with Tim Westybrook punching and kicking through a rack full of two-by-fours. [COLOR="Magenta"]“Rip, your own neglect of true talent has brought this fate upon you,”[/COLOR] Katie said. [COLOR="Magenta"]“You see, my client doesn’t worry about goals and ideals – not like his teammates. He has allied with The Firm as my partner has paid him a considerable amount of money to do so. Had you been more forthcoming with booking Mr. Westybrook in appropriate matches, and therefore in paying him the due fees for a fighter of his stature... Well, then there would have been no need for him to accept my partner’s generous offer. “Such is the way of things, Rip. If I may editorialise for a moment, if you used your head rather than your heart, and realised that all workers could benefit from your guidance – not just the ones you choose, well, you’d see that everyone in this company could learn from you, and from each other.”[/COLOR] Westybrook chuckled softly. [COLOR="Magenta"]“Except for my client,”[/COLOR] Cameron amended. [COLOR="Magenta"]“He has nothing to learn about how to be a great wrestler.”[/COLOR] The door to the locker room burst open, and the doorway was filled by the 6’9, 300lb frame of Ruin. The World title as, always, hung almost forgotten from his hand. He stepped into the room, and Rip entered behind him. [COLOR="Purple"]“Honeyed words, Miss Cameron,”[/COLOR] Rip said. [COLOR="Purple"]“And it [I]is[/I] Miss, isn’t it? My old friend hasn’t proposed yet... No, I’m sure not.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“Do you have a point?”[/COLOR] Katie asked. [COLOR="Purple"]“Oh yes. You see, in selecting my favoured workers, I wanted to have the very best. Ruin is the World champion, Antonio and Valentine are the tag team champions, Raphael holds the All Action title, and Ernest Youngman was within a whisker of winning the Traditional title – a lack that will be remedied in the event that he asks for a rematch. “I could have hired your Mr. Westybrook, had I thought that I would have gained anything from the deal. I have Ruin – another powerhouse isn’t necessary. I could have hired Westybrook, but he would have been a second-rate addition to my Cult. No, when this company is cleaned of the memory of your partner and his friends, once my protégés have crushed the life out of them, then my reach will extend to everyone who remains – my benevolence will be absolute. But before that happens, Miss Cameron, we shall show that we are superior – today, tomorrow, and every day.”[/COLOR] Rip smirked at Cameron, who regarded him with venom. But the camera was focused more on Ruin and Westybrook, who had slowly come face to face as their managers talked. Pound for pound, inch for inch, Rock said it best: [COLOR="Blue"]“There’s nothing to choose between them.”[/COLOR] * [B]The Firm vs. The Cult Of Chord[/B] in a [COLOR="Purple"]War Games match[/COLOR] The cage was in place. The coin had been flipped. With Tim Westybrook and Ernest Youngman in the ring, the match began. For five minutes, the two men worked each other over without going near the cage walls. The crowd popped for Westybrook’s power moves, and appreciated Youngman’s technical skill as well. The bell rang and Antonio entered the match, cautiously waiting until Youngman had Westybrook’s full attention to enter the ring and go after the ‘Iron Man’. Between the two of them, they succeeded in putting Westybrook down, and Youngman put him in a figure four leglock while Antonio went to the top rope. The tag champion came off with a big splash but seemed to wind himself as he did so, as he was unable to capitalise. As the bell went again, Westybrook was trapped in the hold, his face contorted into a grimace as Youngman hauled on the ropes for added leverage. The hold was broken by the arrival of Jay Chord, who exploded into the match and went after Youngman. For the first time, the steel cage was tested as Chord ran Youngman into the mesh, before grinding his forehead against the cage wall. Meanwhile, Antonio was recovering as Westybrook kicked his legs out, testing them for damage from the long minutes that he’d spent in the hold. He walked towards Antonio, who bailed into the second ring, but could have gone slower as it was clear that Westybrook was limping heavily. Rock noted that without his legs at full strength, Westybrook’s ability to hit his devastating power moves was severely restricted. The bell rang again, and Casey Valentine made his entrance, immediately zeroing in on Westybrook’s injured legs. He was quickly joined by Antonio as the tag champions went to work on the ‘Iron Man’. Jay was distracted by this, and seemed to be torn between making the save and concentrating on Youngman. His opponent made his mind up for him by blasting him with a low blow. Chord was doubled over as the bell rang once more. The sixth entrant to the match was KC Glenn, who immediately went after Antonio and Valentine. However, with Westybrook struggling to stand upright, Glenn was left open to double-teaming from the champions – and even triple-teaming as Youngman left Chord down in a corner to join in the attack. The Cult trio got too careless, though, as they turned their backs on Westybrook for too long, allowing the mighty Canadian to haul himself upright and nearly break Antonio in two with a thunderous back suplex. This allowed Chord the chance to break back into the match as he tackled Valentine, allowing Westybrook and Glenn a chance to recuperate while working over Youngman, spelling each other as they kept him on the back foot while allowing their adrenaline to overcome the pain they’d suffered. The bell rang once more, and Ruin entered the arena – with a chair. He stopped at ringside to grab a second chair and glared at the referee who tried to prevent him taking them into the ring until the official stepped to one side. He took up position in the otherwise empty second ring and stood and waited for several seconds as Antonio belly-crawled across to him and took one of the chairs. The two stepped through the ropes into the other ring, wound up, and delivered a devastating con-chair-to to Glenn. Westybrook made a dive at them, but he was tackled by Youngman, and he and Antonio began to double-team the bigger man. Ruin turned his attention to Jay, nearly taking his head off with a big boot as Jay had been too busy beating on Valentine to notice the World champion’s approach. The bell rang again, and the crowd popped at the sight of Jean Cattley charging down to the ring. He slid into the ring and went right after Ruin, clotheslining the champion and taking him down to the mat, where he rained blows on his frequent opponent. Springing to his feet, he caught Antonio with a knee smash, before catching Youngman with a hard right that put him down on the mat. Casey Valentine grabbed him and span him around, but before he could act, he got a size 10 boot to the stomach, and a piledriver left Valentine down on the mat, his former friend staring down at him with a satisfied smile on his face. The brief respite allowed The Firm to gather their wits and try and shake off some of the beating they’d taken. Glenn seemed a dead loss, and Westybrook picked him up and put him in a corner in the second ring. The three remaining members picked off Cult members as they tried to rise to their feet. The bell rang for the penultimate time, and Rip Chord emerged from the back. He walked slowly down the aisle, knowing that once he entered the ring he would be the focus of his former ally, his son, and the ‘Iron Man’. He paused at the door, conscious that Jay was staring straight through him while Westybrook and Cattley, showing their veteran instinct, kept a careful eye on Chord’s team mates. He waited for several long seconds, during which Westybrook nearly broke Youngman’s ribs with a thunderous kick, before swallowing visibly and stepping into the ring. He was immediately targeted by Jay, who charged at his father and began firing rights and lefts to the older man’s face. Westybrook, meanwhile, picked up Youngman and delivered a TNT Whirlwind, while Cattley set Valentine up for a Mood Swing, only for Valentine to be saved by Ruin, who re-entered the match with a meaty clothesline that left Cattley down and glassy-eyed. Ruin then grabbed Jay from behind and dragged him by the hair over the ropes separating the ring, saving Rip in the process. Jay struggled, but found himself suspended on the top rope. Before he had a chance to twist free, Ruin dropped backwards, crushing the back of Jay’s head into the mat with a thunderous reverse DDT. For a moment, the combatants paused as the bell rang one last time. As El Heroe Mexicano made his way down to the ring, Jean Cattley and Jay Chord lay unmoving in one ring. KC Glenn was only just beginning to pull himself upright in the second ring, but he had Rip Chord poised over him, measuring him for an attack of his own. Tim Westybrook was doing his best to fend off the offence of Antonio and Casey Valentine. Ernest Youngman was pulling himself upright on the ropes as Heroe entered, the masked man springboarding across the second ring to send Rip into the cage wall. Heroe checked on Glenn, who was upright but holding onto the turnbuckles for support, before entering the first ring and immediately going toe to toe with Ruin. The slugging match seemed to favour Ruin, who is larger and heavier, but Heroe was fresher, and gave as good as he got. Valentine broke off his attack to try and go after Heroe, but he was tackled by KC Glenn, re-entering the fray. Glenn was on shaky legs, but he traded blows with Valentine long enough for Westybrook to overpower Antonio and snatch Valentine up in a full nelson bomb. The Firm’s advantage was short-lived, however. Ernest Youngman wrapped Glenn up in an abdominal stretch even as Jay Chord tried to climb to his feet, only to be taken down once more by Ruin, who landed a 300lb legdrop across the back of his head as Westybrook clambered achingly to his feet and went after the World champion. He was beaten to the punch by Heroe, who dived between the two and tried to resume his fistfight. However, this time Ruin just grabbed the masked man around the throat and lifted him up for a chokeslam. Before Westybrook could make the save, Rip entered from the second ring, and Westybrook pulled up short at the sight of the veteran, his face coated in blood from his collision with the cage. Rip stared Westybrook down, a manic glint in his eye, before unloading with a series of big rights. Westybrook fell back under the onslaught a couple of steps, before catching Rip’s arm and wrenching it to one side, nearly yanking Chord Sr. off his feet. Westybrook smiled, a feral grin splitting his usually expressionless face as he grabbed Rip around the throat and delivered a thunderous chokeslam of his own. Once again, he turned to face Ruin, but this time Jean Cattley was taking on the impassive World champion. The Firm’s leader was forcing Ruin to fall back under his ferocious assault as Glenn and Youngman fell through the ropes into the second ring. Valentine, meanwhile, was working over Heroe, who had taken the chokeslam from Ruin. Westybrook shrugged, and turned his attention to Antonio, cutting off the tag champ’s attempt to join his partner in beating on Heroe. The father and son duo of Rip and Jay Chord were left lying by the central ropes. Rip was bloodied and seemingly out of it. Jay was stirring, and dragged himself over to Rip, before wrapping him up in a chokehold. He wrenched back on the hold, seemingly intent on forcing his father to pass out, but Valentine made the save as he abandoned Heroe to rescue his mentor. Valentine hauled Chord upright and fired off a series of punches, yelling at him for abandoning himself and Antonio two years before. Chord responded with an Asiatic thrust to the throat, dropping Valentine to his knees. With a glance at his father, Jay nailed Valentine with a picture perfect Rip Chord DDT. In the far corner of the ring, Ruin had Cattley pinned against the cage with one hand, and was fending off Heroe with the other as the masked man tried to rescue his captain. Letting go of Cattley, Ruin turned and scooped Heroe up for a chokebomb, but Heroe countered with a dropkick that snapped Ruin’s head back against the cage. He staggered forward, and Cattley leapt from the second rope to drive him headfirst into the mat with a bulldog. Heroe slowly climbed up the turnbuckles and leapt off with a moonsault onto the World champion, before signalling for Westybrook to come and help them. But Westybrook was occupied with Youngman and Antonio, who were taking turns delivering hard punches to either side of the bigger man’s head as he knelt on the mat, rocking back and forth on the mat, a chair lying beside him giving away how he had come into this state. On the other side of the chair lay Jay Chord, spreadeagled on the canvas, a trickle of blood from his hairline showing that he too had been a victim of a chairshot. Youngman stepped back to survey his work and smiled grimly, before picking up the chair once more and delivering a thunderous overhand swing to Westybrook’s unprotected skull. At ringside, Katie Cameron screamed in horror as her client toppled backwards, his forehead split open and blood pouring out of the wound onto the mat below. Youngman handed the chair to Antonio, who grinned and stepped through the central ropes to the second ring where KC Glenn was lying motionless. Holding the chair behind him, Antonio delivered a senton to the youngster. This seemed to break Cattley and Heroe free of their reverie, and Heroe made a dive at Youngman as Cattley charged for the ropes to go after Antonio. However, Ruin had risen to his feet and grabbed Cattley by the hair, yanking him off his feet and sending him to the mat with a crash. Ruin tightened his grip as Youngman and Heroe tussled, but then Valentine stepped into the frame. The second generation star moved slowly, but his field goal punt between Heroe’s legs was no less effective for it. Youngman drilled Heroe with The Hit to put him down as Cattley tried to break free of Ruin’s grip on him. Ruin simply intensified his hold by clamping a nerve hold onto Cattley’s shoulder. Valentine and Youngman helped Rip to his feet as, in the other ring, Antonio stood poised over Glenn with his chair. With Rip propped in one corner, directing matters, Antonio wound up and brought the chair down on Glenn, who jerked but otherwise did not move. Heroe was then picked up by Youngman and Valentine, and the two Cult members rammed Heroe headfirst into the steel cage wall. Cattley yelled at the two men, but Ruin simply pressed down harder on the hold, crushing Cattley into the mat with his 300lb frame. Rip came out of the corner. With Valentine supporting him, he knelt down beside Cattley and pointed at his own son. Antonio, Youngman and Valentine then picked Jay up. Youngman held him in position upside down as the champions scaled the turnbuckles. Rip then picked up the second chair and showed it to Cattley, explaining exactly what he was about to do with it as Cattley looked on with an expression of horrified disbelief on his face. Rip then slid the chair across the mat, landing it in place behind Youngman as Antonio and Valentine leapt from the top rope, the three Cult members landing a perfect spike piledriver onto the chair. Rip beamed in delight as his own son was sacrificed. Youngman, Valentine and Antonio walked away from his broken body without a second glance and took up position behind their mentor as Chord snarled in Cattley’s face, gloating over the Cult’s position of complete control, and how much more damage they could do, with Cattley helpless to defend his fallen comrades. Cattley looked at Heroe, who had been thrown headfirst into the steel cage, at Westybrook, who had been felled by the combined efforts of the entire Cult, at Jay, broken at his own father’s insistence, and at Glenn, chairshotted into oblivion. Cattley’s struggles faded to nothing, and his head dropped. He raised his hand and slapped the mat, signalling The Firm’s submission to their opponents. Winners: The Cult Of Chord (C+) [B]Overall: C+[/B] [I]Next: Peter Michaels guest appearance...[/I]

Great show and the War Games was suitably epic. Also with such a decisive victory for the Cult of Chord, it also surely means that this diary still has legs ! Surely you aren't going to end it with the Evil Heels on top and not having received their come-uppance. The main reason I went for The Firm winning the War Games is because it felt like it could be a feud ending match and because in the real world you have a little one to look after, there's always this thought in the back of my mind (and I'm sure it goes for every other reader) that there will come that time where you may look to wind the diary down but with the way things ended here it does look like there's still some more of the MAW story to tell yet.

Speaking as a fan..... [QUOTE=James Casey;677360]Cattley’s struggles faded to nothing, and his head dropped. He raised his hand and slapped the mat, signalling The Firm’s submission to their opponents.[/QUOTE] Coward. His teammates gave until they had no more to give and he sells out and QUITS. Tim takes chairshots and a beating on top of that. Jay takes a chairshot and a piledriver onto a chair. KC took chairshots. Jean is kept in check with a little hair pull and a hand on his shoulder. The blood of the valiant was spilled in that ring. Obviously none of it was from Cattley (I said 'valiant', didn't I?). P double o ess ay ee Very well played. It'll be interesting to see how the faces manage to come back from being dominated like this (all the heels still standing and only Cattley from the faces still conscious).

Archived