owner has creative control?

I have just taken over BOSC and Highland WArrior who is the owner and wrestler keeps blocking himself from losing any matchs even against other main eventers. I cannot even put him in a triple threat and lose (not getting pinned). This really makes him unuseable. Why does this happen? Is there any way to get around this? as in reality i would assume that he would willing to lose to put younger talent over etc

Not a bug. Although I havent played with them I imagine his overness is greater than anyone else on the roster. On top of that he probbaly has a pretty poor attitude. Add these things together and you're just in a very tough company. He will more than likely lose to someone who is more over than he is. So either build someone up, or bring in some outside talent

I think that if it's not a bug then it's pretty clear and simple. Just look at they guy's personal traits. Ruthless, manipulative.. etc., of course he doesn't want to get jobbed. MOSC is one of the few promotions where the owner is also an active wrestler. And of course, he is 45, he should retire at any given month :) So that shouldn't be a long time problem. In FCW on the other hand, Shawn Gonzales is pretty much the same as Highland Warrior, but I haven't heard players saying the same thing, that he uses his owner status and doesn't want to lose to guys.. Interesting.

thanks for the replies. I am just curious as to why he will not lose to someone? not even his son who he wants me to push via goals. does not seem strange? Do people with creative control ever use it to lose?

[QUOTE=Olback;437377]I am just curious as to why he will not lose to someone? [/QUOTE] For the reasons that the other posters already gave; he's more popular than anyone else and has a bad attitude. Just because it makes your life tougher doesn't make it a bug, it means you're simply in a tough position - part of the game is how you deal with things like that.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;437390]For the reasons that the other posters already gave; he's more popular than anyone else and has a bad attitude. Just because it makes your life tougher doesn't make it a bug, it means you're simply in a tough position - part of the game is how you deal with things like that.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the reply Adam. I just thought i was unusal thats all to never agree to lose. This is going to be a challenge.

[QUOTE=Olback;437392]I just thought i was unusal thats all to never agree to lose.[/QUOTE] He will agree to lose, he just won't agree to lose to anyone [I]at the moment[/I] - there's a big difference. If you make someone else into a big star, or hire someone new, he may be happy to lose to them.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;437395]He will agree to lose, he just won't agree to lose to anyone [I]at the moment[/I] - there's a big difference. If you make someone else into a big star, or hire someone new, he may be happy to lose to them.[/QUOTE] ok thanks for the info. Any idea how i can know before i book the match that he will be willing to lose to someone?

It makes all the sense in the world that Warrior would refuse to job to someone, but it would be nice if when you advance book a match two weeks ahead of time, you could ask a guy: "Assuming your relative popularity is the same in two weeks, will you lose to this other dude?"

[QUOTE=FINisher;437373]In FCW on the other hand, Shawn Gonzales is pretty much the same as Highland Warrior, but I haven't heard players saying the same thing, that he uses his owner status and doesn't want to lose to guys.. Interesting.[/QUOTE] Because he's not the owner, he's only the head booker, so if you're controlling FCW he has no power other than being in cahoots with the boss. He doesn't have Creative Control (neither does McPeterson in the contractual sense, but he automatically gets it due to being your boss), so if YOU are the head booker of FCW, he's just a regular worker. A regular worker with comparatively demi-God-like popularity.

[QUOTE=King Kirby;437454]It makes all the sense in the world that Warrior would refuse to job to someone, but it would be nice if when you advance book a match two weeks ahead of time, you could ask a guy: "Assuming your relative popularity is the same in two weeks, will you lose to this other dude?"[/QUOTE] I agree with this. It would be really helpful to be able to get some sense ahead of time whom a worker with creative control would consider losing to. Maybe something along the lines of the fighters in WMMA telling you ahead of time whether or not they're willing to fight their friends and training partners on the talk to fighter screen. That said, I can certainly see a situation where a particularly flaky worker might change his mind and refuse to do the job at the last minute, really throwing a wrench into the works.

[quote=D-Lyrium;437460]Because he's not the owner, he's only the head booker, so if you're controlling FCW he has no power other than being in cahoots with the boss. He doesn't have Creative Control (neither does McPeterson in the contractual sense, but he automatically gets it due to being your boss), so if YOU are the head booker of FCW, he's just a regular worker. A regular worker with comparatively demi-God-like popularity.[/quote] Oh yeah, PRP is the owner. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, haven't played FCW yet. :p

[QUOTE=FINisher;437472]Oh yeah, PRP is the owner. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, haven't played FCW yet. :p[/QUOTE] yeah, but what's funny is in my games PRP always takes a second job with NYPW in the first month, but poor Shawn is stuck with FCW cause he's the head booker. :p

[QUOTE=mad5226;437372]He will more than likely lose to someone who is more over than he is. So either build someone up, or bring in some outside talent[/QUOTE] In the UK, that will have to be the former choice - only Giedroyc, Dark Angel and Cornell out of UK workers have more overness than Highland Warrior (and all are on written deals). I think Danny Patterson has the most overness of all the rest (certainly more than any 21CW worker), so the answer is there on your roster already.

Archived