Momentum in TEW 2008

After the latest discussion in the "Competitive Edge" thread, I would like to discuss the key factor "Momentum". It clearly has a huge impact on performance and ratings, and should be a permanent eye catcher for everyone, who wishes to have some success. - I personally have problems to get my momentum higher than C, even for the Upper Card. So, if someone has informations and tipps to share, (not only) I would be really grateful. [QUOTE=Gigas;437618]Hire new workers with decent popularity and stats that you have no use for. Place him in a match with the best you got. If the match scored a B+ or B, thats his new momentum. After that, let the jobbing commense. .[/QUOTE] Mhm... Good idea. I doubt, that I'll get instantly such high (match) ratings if they aren't great performers, too. But it's worth the shot. Does anyone have long term strategies in mind, how to get Momentum at least at ~B. Like I said, my present top star, who never lost so far and is now at 111 World title defenses, doesn't get more than B-.

From what I've seen in TEW08, momentum doesn't seem to function much differently on its own than in TEW07, which isn't to say that it doesn't affect much (as it seems like it's HUGE in 08). My best advice would be to pay attention to the people's momentum that your worker is fighting - a guy with B- momentum isn't going to gain much more momentum by constantly beating guys with E+ momentum. However, beating somebody with higher momentum than his would give him a big boost. Understandably, I know that your first response will be that you don't have anyone with higher momentum. That's where the previous tip would come in in regards to new workers.

[QUOTE=hrdcoresidebrns;437642]Understandably, I know that your first response will be that you don't have anyone with higher momentum. That's where the previous tip would come in in regards to new workers.[/QUOTE] The main problem is, that most losses against a lower-momentum guy result in a decrease of momentum. But if I understand you correctly, one should "push" momentum by bringing in (temporary) high class jobbers, who establish your "main guys" on higher momentum. I admit, it's a nice strategy... My current company is at cult level. My product is Key: Mainstream & Cult Med: Tradition, Comedy, Modern, Realism, LL Very Low: HC, Pure, Daredevil with 90% match ratio and so far no angles at all, because they went down aweful, when I tried them. (I guess, because of lack of overness)

Momentum seems to definitely be more of a fight this time around.. but not impossible. Right now I'm playing a custom global fed with a converted T-Zone '07 database and most of my main event wrestlers (there's about 6 of them) are in the A* to B range..it's everything below main event that I seem to be having a tough time with. From Uppercard to my Jobbers are all C+ and below. Plus momentum is pretty self explanatory I would think? You give a guy some wins, his momentum will increase, he beats bigger names than himself, it'll increase more. You job him out a few times his momentum will decrease.. I agree that this go around is a little tougher than previous versions.. but truth be told since TEW 04 I found that once you get to a spot where you're deep into a game it's pretty smooth sailing. Personally I like that it's a bit trickier this time.

Archived