Not trying to be misleading or anything but i have a question with the ten choices you can choose for each match provided you have a road agent. Since they seemed to be grouped into categories does one cancel out the other? For example if i were to select say.... Script for two wrestlers who aren't that good in basics and ring psycology and also choose all out match trying to get them to give their all, does script trump all out or vise verca or is there no interaction at all?

Okay, here's how it works as far as contradictions go. Script and Call in Ring are opposites. It's either one or the other. If you choose both, whichever was chosen FIRST gets used (so you waste one note since it's ignored). Work the Crowd and All Out Match cancel each other out. It's either one or the other. Same rule applies as far as which note is actually used if you choose both. Decisive Finish, Cheap Finish, Tainted Finish, cancel each other out. It's either one or the other (or the other). Should be self-explanatory but I won't assume anything: the same person cannot both win and lose a match. I don't even think the game will allow you to choose the same person as the victor and the loser though. Also, in the same vein, you can't have a draw and a winner or loser. Overbook is basically Vince Russo era WCW with run-ins, blood, weapons, anything that can be done outside the ring to distract the audience from what's going on inside the ring (which usually sucks). Incidentally, try putting on a match with a pair of spot monkeys with the 'call in ring', 'all out match', and 'overbook' notes. It would be like a Wrestling Society X reunion! Keep Strong is generally used to ensure a worker that loses, doesn't come out of the match looking like a complete jobber. It basically makes the winner treat the loser like he's a big deal. In that respect, Dominate clashes with Keep Strong (you can't be utterly decimated and dominated and still look strong). Dominate also clashes with Open Match in the same way. A balanced match with both sides getting about the same amount of offense doesn't allow for someone to dominate. Umm, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. :(

I've been curious on the All Out Match versus Work the Crowd selections. I'm guessing that Work the Crowd would be the better choice if you have a pair of entertaining wrestlers in there, whereas All Out Match is moreso for technical workers? Or what would make once chioce better?

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;441841]I've been curious on the All Out Match versus Work the Crowd selections. I'm guessing that Work the Crowd would be the better choice if you have a pair of entertaining wrestlers in there, whereas All Out Match is moreso for technical workers? Or what would make once chioce better?[/QUOTE] All out match is best used for main event matches and the like to try and take the roof off the place. Working the crowd is best used in places where you want to warm the crowd up, but not getting them too excited - maybe an opening match, or perhaps before the main event to make sure it doesn't upstage it.

I think with Work the Crowd and All Out road agent notes there's stamina issues as well. For instance, I've noted that if I put All Out on a match, I get notes saying 'worker x was tiring by the end', but if I don't then the note doesn't come up, which makes sense (after all, going all-out to blow the roof off is a lot more tiring than just going through on normal speed)

Archived