Too many stars in long-term games?

[QUOTE=shipshirt;450123]You should probably, you know, actually PLAY a game out that long and then come back and tell us what you see.[/QUOTE] And exactly how many players have ever actually played the game for 12 years? Very few I bet (I know I've never even come close)

[QUOTE=Rob4590;450207]And exactly how many players have ever actually played the game for 12 years? Very few I bet (I know I've never even come close)[/QUOTE] Yeah, my longest game (with 07) has been about 4 years. Typically, after two or so years, I'm ready to try out a new promotion or a new mod. Which, in truth, makes this debate a non-factor for me.

I'm never going to play a game for something near what soundsofsilver is reporting, but I i just want to add that I think what Castorius (and infinitywpi) was talking about is bang on the nail. Another example is that my in-progress mod has an influx of workers with really high sex appeal. Now I might look at Worker X who is hot and say [i]"hell, I wouldn't kick her out of bed"[/i], but then I have to think that when the audience is gonna be comparing her to all these other bombshells, I'm going to have to rate her lower than if she was just in the gameworld by herself. Overness--and practically anything that can be compared, I guess--is all about relativity, relativity, relativity.

[QUOTE=shipshirt;450123]For as many promotions in the Cornellverse, 30 wrestlers with A or above doesn't sound like much. [/quote] This is mindblowing to me... and probably why most people don't think this is such a big deal. The game starts with TWO workers at A overness, and I get the feeling that A* overness is supposed to be special, not that we're supposed to have around 30 guys bouncing around that total at any given time. [quote]You should probably, you know, actually PLAY a game out that long and then come back and tell us what you see.[/QUOTE] I don't think having my one extra promotion would dramatically reduce the amount of stars. Interesting that no one plays long games- I surely expect to. I only played one year on 2007, but that was because I realized I didn't like TEW2007. I certainly play my game under the expectation that I will be playing for 15 years. That's just my text sim style though, the game for me is all about making history, having the game world evolve over a number of years.

Archived