A Jumper's Tale

Wednesday, Week 4, July 2009. The Tide Is In (Shown on US Syndication Southwest) West Texas Coliseum (Mid South, USA) Match 1: #7 Fumihiro Ota vs. #26 The Sensational Singh Like I was saying last show... Ota doesn't do singles matches well, as shown here. He was really off his game and going over made Singh look like a jackass. (D+) Match 2: #31 Cuadrado vs. #2 Shooter Super squash for Shooter. (D+) Match 3: #15 Insane Machine vs. #18 Remmy Skye Remmy wasn't off his game, a pleasant surprise. Too bad when you go up against a focused Insane Machine, you basically have no chance. (D+) Killing Machine comes to the ring before his match and cuts a promo on the Legacy, basically telling them that the belts belong to the Machines and will stay that way for a long time to come. (D-) Match 4: #10 Killing Machine vs. #23 Lee Rivera Compared to the first three stinkers, this was amazing! Machine and Rivera fit together well and they made a damn fine pairing here in the Master of Wrestling preliminaries. Rivera fought his heart out, but Killing Machine showed that my faith is well put as he picks up the win. (C) The announcers hype up the tournament and how it's gone so far, then Fox says he wants a match and calls his two opponents to come to the ring. (C) Main Event: Fox Mask © vs. Frank Burton vs. William Hayes (CZCW Championship) Well Fox picked himself a couple of talented wrestlers, but neither have much of a chance to beat the champ at this point in their careers. Fox puts away them both to retain the title. (D+) Overall Rating: C- Attendance: 1848 TV Rating: 0.01 “PEERS! PEERS! I HAVE AMAZING NEWS!!!” “Jeez, what is it Cliff? Why are you yelling?” “We've officially grown!” “Wait, what do you mean?” “We're not some rinky-dink regional promotion anymore. We're finally being recognized as a Cult sized promotion!” “We're a cult sized promotion?” “Yes!” “SWEET! One down, two to go.” “What was that, Peers?” “Nothing Cliff, just some goals I've set for myself. Nothing you need to worry yourself about.” “What are we going to do next?” “We're going to party, that's what.”

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wednesday, Week 1, August 2009. The Tide Is In (Shown on US Syndication Southwest) Grissom Auditorium (South West, USA) Match 1: #11 Dragon Machine vs. #22 Marc Speed Great match to open the show, as these two great mat technicians go at it. Marc Speed surprises the arena when he is able to slap on his patented Cross Armbreaker and get the victory. (C-) Match 2: #14 Masked Cougar vs. #19 William Hayes Another great match, however there is no upset this time. Masked Cougar is actually able to make quick work of his opponent and move on to the next round. (C) Match 3: #3 Aaron Andrews vs. #30 Flying Jimmy Foxx Aaron Andrews has no trouble putting Flying Jimmy Foxx away in this poor excuse for a match. (D) Match 4: #27 Frank Burton vs. #6 Mainstream Hernandez What this match could have been, had these two had some chemistry together. They both know how to work a great match and it was on its way there until something fell out of sync. Mainstream was able to keep ahead and defeat Frank to advance. (C-) The announcers announce that the preliminary round in the Master of Wrestling tournament is officially decided and that round two will take place leading up to the Master of Wrestling show. (C) [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/Tournament2009rd2.jpg[/IMG] Main Event: American Elemental © vs. Remmy Skye vs. Ultimate Phoenix (CZCW Xtreme, Ladder Match) If it ain't broke, don't fix it. American Elemental can be put in there with a stack of bricks and a broom and make magic. So when he's in there against someone with the talent of Phoenix and the flashiness of Remmy Skye, it's going to be good. Remmy nearly kills himself trying a double front flip splash from the top of the ladder and is carted out early. This leaves Elemental with only one man to worry about. (B-) Overall Rating: C Attendance: 2000 TV Rating: 0.01 “Hey Cliff, the network agreed to give us an extra half hour of TV a week.” “That's great news.” “Heck yeah it is, I'll be able to use a lot of these guys I just signed.” “What did you do?” “Lots of new arrivals. Gotta look big time, right?” “Oh boy, there goes my money.” “You don't know the half of it...”

Congratulations on getting to Cult. It is still such a shame that Fox Mask has to go to meet one of your other two goals as he's approaching Backland status with the title. It is interesting how few of the original Zoners you have in the main event and upper mids. Keep going, and I hope you find a solution to that empty wallet Cliff is getting.

[QUOTE=smartman;497275]Congratulations on getting to Cult. It is still such a shame that Fox Mask has to go to meet one of your other two goals as he's approaching Backland status with the title. It is interesting how few of the original Zoners you have in the main event and upper mids. Keep going, and I hope you find a solution to that empty wallet Cliff is getting.[/QUOTE] I definitely think Shooter should be in CZCW at the time of the next update. He's a perfect asset for the Zone. I've loved having him here for every second. But, I guess that's part of the enjoyment for CZCW, their roster is far from perfect to start out. You just have to find the right fits and hope some chemistry forms. It seems like Ota should be perfect, but every game I bring him on, he bombs. Oh well, things will be getting interesting soon.

Monday, Week 2, August 2009. CZCW Wave of Fury 2009. Grissom Auditorium (South West, USA) The Legacy start the show calling out the Machines to get out there and get their asses kicked. (D+) Match 1: The Legacy vs. The Machines © (CZCW Tag Team Championship) An amazing match to start the show off. All four men fought a hard match, but in the end, only one team could walk away. In this case, it was the champions. (B-) Aaron Andrews calls out Steve Gumble, calling him a hack and a cheat. Saying he cut in line when the real number on contender is none other than Double A himself. (D+) Match 2: Aaron Andrews vs. Steve Gumble They may have lacked some psychology, but the great chemistry between the two more than made up for it. The two had a great match and Aaron picked up an impressive win. (C+) American Elemental says he's proud to be able to come out and face off against the best wrestlers the world has to offer week in and week out for the Xtreme Title, but he admits the ladders are starting to take their toll on his body. (D) Match 3: American Elemental © vs. Lee Rivera vs. Steve Flash vs. Ultimate Phoenix (CZCW Xtreme, Ladder Match) Not as amazing as some of the previous ladder matches, but this one was certainly no slouch. Elemental was able to defend his title once more as he survived the beating to grab his belt. (C+) Fox and Infiniti come to the ring and verbally lash their opponents for tonight, Shooter and Mainstream Hernandez. They say that only the best get to wrestle for the belt and you have to prove yourself to be the best. (C) Main Event: Endless Potential vs. Mainstream Hernandez and Shooter And prove themselves they did. Mainstream and Shooter have become two amazing wrestlers and they showed Fox and Infiniti that they will never give up until they are considered the best. Mainstream was able to pin Infiniti after a long battle. (B-) Overall Rating: C+ Attendance: 2000

Wednesday, Week 2, August 2009. The Tide Is In (Shown on US Syndication Southwest) West Texas Coliseum (Mid South, USA) Match 1: Jungle Cats (Cougar, Lion, and Panther) vs. Youth Energy and William Hayes A solid six man opener, as the Jungle Cats try to bring back their dominance of old against Youth Energy and Hayes. In fact, they do, as Lion pins Rivera after his Heart Burn. (D+) Match 2: Darryl Devine vs. Frank Burton In a great debut match, Darryl Devine is able to out class and defeat Frank Burton. (C) Match 3: Gen 2 (Barry Kingman and Cam Vessey) vs. Wave of Violence Of course Barry and Cam don't work well together, it's a good thing they couldn't pick up the win, as the Wave of Violence rolled over them without much difficulty. (D) A brawl continued after the match, which saw Jay and Marc bust open both Barry and Cam, chasing them off. (E+) Match 4: Plague vs. Greg Gauge Plague makes his CZCW return in a good win over Greg, who was really off his game. Plague hasn't lost a step since being booted from CZCW some time ago. (C) Darryl Devine comes back out to the ringside area and challenges Fox Mask to a title match at Master of Wrestling. Fox replies that it always ends the same way, so he'd be glad to fight Darryl. (D+) Match 5: #8 Sam Pratt vs. #9 Ultimate Phoenix Another great match comes from these two tonight. They fly around for north of ten minutes until a Phoenix Firebird Splash puts Sam away. (C) The announcers talk at length about the main event that will pit Infiniti vs. Steve Flash to see who will move on to the Quarter Finals of the Master of Wrestling Tournament (C-) Main Event: #16 Infiniti vs. #1 Steve Flash A fine main event for this week. Steve and Infiniti wrestle for nearly 20 minutes trying to put the other away. Steve is able to slip out of The End a few times and put Infiniti away with the Flash Bang. (C+) Overall Rating: C Attendance: 1825 TV Rating: 0.01 “You brought Plague back?” “Yeah, I decided to let bygones be bygones and give him another chance.” Up comes Steve Flash. “Ummm... Peers, there's some trouble between Plague and Moose.” “Ugh... here we go again...”

Wednesday, Week 3, August 2009. The Tide Is In (Shown on US Syndication Southwest) Grissom Auditorium (South West, USA) The show starts with the announcers informing the fans that American Elemental's opponent, Greg Gauge, has accepted employment elsewhere that forced him to break his commitments with CZCW. They apologize for the inconvenience and announce that Elemental gets a bye into the Quarter Finals. (C) Match 1: Insane Machine and Mean Machine vs. Absolutely Fabulous Apparently Bronzed God picked up an injury somewhere, which brought down the match, along with the inability of Insane and Mean Machine to work together. And Absolutely Fabulous is further buried by circumstance, as Insane Machine pins TBG for the win. (D) Match 2: Barry Kingman vs. Velocidad Barry squashes the Mexican luchador with no problem. (D+) Match 3: The Machines © vs. Wave of Violence (CZCW Tag Team Championship) A mighty fine match between the two teams that ended with some unfortunate interference from Barry Kingman, leading to a Well Oiled Machine for the win. (C-) Match 4: Plague vs. Remmy Skye These two fly around for awhile, popping the crowd, leading to Plague picking up the win. (C-) The commentators announce the first match for Master of Wrestling, as Steve Flash will face Ultimate Phoenix. (C-) Match 4: #12 Matt Gauge vs. #5 Steve Gumble These guys don't click and they brought down the show for it. Gumble picks up the win after a poor match. (D+) The commentators announce the second match will be between Steve Gumble and American Elemental. (C-) Main Event: Aaron Andrews vs. Mainstream Hernandez vs. Ultimate Phoenix The main event was able to save some taste in the collective mouth of the fans, as these three fought hard. The finish came with Double A hitting the Flying Body Press on Phoenix. (C+) Overall Rating: C Attendance: 2000 TV Rating: 0.01 “So Greg's out, eh?” “Yep, son of a bitch said he wouldn't come out and do the job tonight.” “You might not want to make long plans for Matt.” “I know. I'm thinking of scrapping the whole Second Generation story now. Then I can get rid of Kingman too.” Speaking of the devil, here is Kingman. “You need to do something about Plague, or I'm going to kick his ass.” “What's wrong?” Kingman turns to show he's missing a chunk of hair from the back of his head. “The piece of crap brought clippers.” “Alright, maybe bringing him back was a bad idea.”

[QUOTE=FINisher;498481]Haha, “The piece of crap brought clippers.” :D Nice tournament going, keep up the good work. Those B- match grades seem so huge when playing with CZCW.. They always cheer me up. And I believe you are just in the verge of hitting Cult size? Awesome.[/QUOTE] Things are about to get crazy. Keep it tuned in right here. -- Wednesday, Week 4, August 2009. The Tide Is In (Shown on US Syndication Southwest) West Texas Coliseum (Mid South, USA) Match 1: Darryl Devine vs. Frankie Dee Darryl has no trouble defeating the White Angel, especially since Frankie was really off his game. (D+) Devine grabs the microphone after the match and rips Fox Mask a new one, promising a new champion at Master of Wrestling. (D) Match 2: #7 Fumihiro Ota vs. #10 Killing Machine Disappointment. This could have been much more, but not only was Ota really off his game, but these two don't click. All that cooled what should have been a great win for Killing Machine. (C-) Match 3: #2 Shooter vs. #15 Insane Machine Thank the lord that these two didn't fall victim to the problems of the last match. These two squared off in a technical battle that lasted for nearly 20 minutes, when Shooter locked in his Front Choke Lock. (C+) The announcers tell us that we'll see Killing Machine vs. Shooter at Master of Wrestling, which should be an amazing match. (C-) Main Event: American Elemental © vs. Mainstream Hernandez vs. Plague vs. Sam Pratt (CZCW Xtreme, Ladder Match) Another great match for the Xtreme Title. Elemental isn't done holding the belt yet, as he was able to use Plague's prone body to snag the belt out from under Mainstream's nose. (B-) Overall Rating: C+ Attendance: 1802 TV Rating: 0.01 “Hey Peers, what happened to all my money?” “Ummm... Cliff. It's gone.” “What do you mean it's gone?” “Well, the second we became recognized as a Cult sized promotion, our miscellaneous departments decided they were worth $120,000 a month. I didn't hire them.” “Find a way to make money. You're lucky I'm a nice guy, or else you'd be gone.”

*gulps*.. CZCW starts with a lot, lot more cash than WEXXV. I wonder how long I will have money now that I've reached Cult :D Nice going, awesome roster. I just fear that some of the guys are in danger of being picked up by the big companies: Am. Elemental, Mainsteam, Plaque, Shooter, Darryl etc..

[QUOTE=FINisher;498795]*gulps*.. CZCW starts with a lot, lot more cash than WEXXV. I wonder how long I will have money now that I've reached Cult :D Nice going, awesome roster. I just fear that some of the guys are in danger of being picked up by the big companies: Am. Elemental, Mainsteam, Plaque, Shooter, Darryl etc..[/QUOTE] It's a very legitimate concern. I hope you had some cash stockpiled away, because you don't want to go into the negative, as that equals only being able to rent as high as a tiny arena. I'm really happy with my roster at this point. They can do anything and the guys who have been touring Japan as well are really amazing. -- Wednesday, Week 1, September 2009. The Tide Is In (Shown on US Syndication Southwest) The Snake Pit (South West, USA) Fox and Mean Jean Cattley start the show off in the ring. They battle back and forth on the microphone for a long time, each talking about how they have been the rock their respective promotions have been built around. They decide they should figure out who is better later tonight in the main event. (D) Match 1: #6 Mainstream Hernandez vs. #22 Marc Speed Sadly these two didn't click, but they put on a very good match anyway. Marc Speed tried to bring the Wave, but Mainstream was able to figuratively surf it out, picking the win up with his Apparition #14. (C) Match 2: Youth Energy vs. The Machines © (CZCW Tag Team Championship) Youth Energy looks good in there, but the Machines are the champions for a reason. They are able to take Shane down with the Well Oiled Machine. (C+) Match 3: #3 Aaron Andrews vs. #14 Masked Cougar These guys put on another very good match. It lacked flow at times, but for a sixteen minute match, it was good. Double A picks up his third win over Cougar to advance on to the Quarter Finals. (C+) The commentators announce that Aaron Andrews vs. Mainstream Hernandez will round out the brackets for the Master of Wrestling Tournament come Monday. (C-) Main Event: Fox Mask © vs. Mean Jean Cattley (CZCW Championship) Jean doesn't have a whole lot of popularity here in the South West, but he can put on a fine match with a rock, so having a talent like Fox Mask to work with is great for him. These guys battle for twenty minutes, but end up coming to a draw when TV time runs out. (C) Overall Rating: C Attendance: 1000 TV Rating: 0.01 “Well, that's that Cliff, I'm canceling our TV show.” “Why?” “We can't afford to rent the Grissom Auditorium anymore. I'm going to have to go back to running big shows. Maybe we can get some money back with higher priced tickets.”

Monday, Week 2, September 2009. CZCW Master of Wrestling 2 The Snake Pit (South West, USA) Match 1: #1 Steve Flash vs. #9 Ultimate Phoenix We get a hot match to start the show off. Steve and Phoenix go at it for 16 minutes, until Steve is able to hit the Flash Bang and get the win. (C) Match 2: #4 American Elemental vs. #5 Steve Gumble Steve Gumble is part of an amazing match. Of course, all the credit goes to American Elemental. You'd be crazy if you didn't give it to him. It's a good high flying affair that ends in 18 with the Inferno Splash. (B-) Match 3: #10 Killing Machine vs. #2 Shooter We get another amazing match, as Shooter and Killing Machine put on a puro style war for 20 minutes, ending with a Front Choke Lock. (B-) Match 4: #3 Aaron Andrews vs. #6 Mainstream Hernandez This match would have been even better if either man had a great grasp of psychology. As it was, their good chemistry lifted it up and to my surprise, Double A didn't even bitch about Mainstream going over in 18 with the Apparition #14. (C+) The announcers hype up the four men that made it to the semi-finals. We'll see Steve Flash vs. American Elemental, and Shooter vs. Mainstream Hernandez. (C-) Match 5: #4 American Elemental vs. #1 Steve Flash Both men came in winded, but quickly went into an amazing display of wrestling. Steve looked like the clear winner, but American Elemental has some crazy way of always fighting back, which he did tonight, picking up the win with the Inferno Splash. (B-) Match 6: #6 Mainstream Hernandez vs. #2 Shooter And we possibly have the best CZCW match ever here. Shooter and Mainstream seem to gel in the ring. It's not a chemistry thing, it's just them being the best at what they do. Shooter is able to get the win tonight with the Seated Stretch Armbar. (B) Match 7: Darryl Devine vs. Fox Mask © (CZCW Championship) Sadly this match can only be seen as a let down compared to what was featured before it. This, of course, despite the fact that the match was great. Darryl and Fox really gave Shooter and Elemental a chance to take a rest and catch their breath. They fought for nearly 25 minutes, when the Fox Hunter gave Fox another victory. (C+) While Fox is getting his hand raised, Darryl gets to his feet and attacks Fox from behind. A chair comes into play and Fox is laid out. (D-) Main Event: #4 American Elemental vs. #2 Shooter Wow, if these two don't click, I wonder how good this match could have been. After both men had already wrestled for over a half hour a piece, they got into the ring and went at it for another 17 minutes. And this was all action. Elemental went to the top for the Inferno Splash, but Shooter was able to move out of the way and slap on the Front Choke Lock, getting the victory. (B-) After the match, Shooter is presented with the Master of Wrestling trophy and he celebrates. (C) Overall Rating: C+ Attendance: 1000

Wednesday, Week 2, September 2009. The Tide Is In New Mexico Armory (Mid South, USA) Match 1: Marc Speed vs. Technical Machine The debut of Technical Machine (Warren Technique) is marred by Marc Speed bringing the Wave of Violence over him and preaching destruction. (D) Mean Jean Cattley comes to the ring to announce that he may not have been able to beat Fox Mask, but he will dethrone American Elemental and take the Xtreme Title and ground it. (E+) Match 2: Masked Lion vs. Mean Jean Cattley I don't remember the last time a match has sucked this bad. Jean and Lion don't click at all in there and the match sucked. Jean wins, there goes gaining momentum... (E) Match 3: Cal Sanders and Frank Burton vs. The Machines © (CZCW Tag Team Championship) The string of poor matches continues here, Cal is really off and his bumping looks like crap. The Machines go over in short time. (D) Darryl Devine and Infiniti meet in the ring before their match. They both talk about how the other has no chance at winning. (C-) Match 4: Darryl Devine vs. Infiniti This match made up for the past three. It was a great wrestling match that kept the crowd into it. Devine ended up being the one who was right, hitting the Devine Dream Drop for the win in 26. (C) Steve Gumble comes to the ring and states that if he can't beat Fox Mask tonight, he'll leave the Zone for good. Fox comes out and takes him up on the challenge. (C-) Main Event: Fox Mask © vs. Steve Gumble (CZCW Championship) You don't think I'm hot shotting the belt to Steve Gumble, do you? Of course not. He's gone, because Fox laid him to waste with the Fox Hunter. (C) Overall Rating: C- Attendance: 1000

Wednesday, Week 3, September 2009. The Tide Is In The Snake Pit (South West, USA) The commentators announce that Shooter will get his shot at Fox Mask at Reach For The Sky in October. (C-) Match 1: Cam Vessey vs. Frankie Dee Cam gets a squash because I appreciate him. (D-) Match 2: Flying Jimmy Foxx vs. Mean Jean Cattley Now, I don't know if it's MJC's fault or the fault of his opponent, but I'm giving him another shot. MJC wins. (E+) Match 3: American Elemental © vs. Plague vs. Remmy Skye vs. Sam Pratt (CZCW Xtreme, Ladder Match) American Elemental continues his magic, retaining the Xtreme Title. (C+) Aaron Andrews and Fox Mask are in the ring. Fox says he doesn't trust Double A, but their goals are the same. They need to beat Mainstream and Shooter tonight. Double A agrees and says that for one night only, they'll agree on a truce to achieve victory. (C-) Main Event: Aaron Andrews and Fox Mask vs. Mainstream Hernandez and Shooter War. War never changes. These four forgot all about rules and just fought for thirty minutes, resulting in a double count out in the end, when Pee-Wee just gave up. (C+) Overall Rating: C Attendance: 1000 “*to a tune* We're bleeding money, we're bleeding money.” “Cliff, are you ok?” “Can I get a bandage for this wound?” “Sure Cliffy, I'll try my best.” -- [SIZE="6"]QUESTION FOR THE READERS[/SIZE] For those who are reading, when this jump is over, would you prefer I start the next one in this thread, or in a new one?

And also for my two or three friendly readers, I was just looking for a bit of feedback on these belts I've made. They're for a mod I've been working off and on for the past... long while. These are from the first five promotions that appear. [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/AWOUSHeavy.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/NAWNational.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/SEWChampion.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/QWACommonwealth.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/KLLChampion.jpg[/IMG] The mod starts in a fictional 1947. I have plans to make different time periods based on the big shifting points in the fictional universe. I thought they looked pretty decent and just wanted to see if I was just blinded by my own work. Thanks in advance. EDIT: I already see problems in the Commonwealth and KLL titles. It's hard to read the text. Working on fixing that... now. EDIT 2: Well, KLL is stuck like that, because I didn't save the psd file while everything was fragmented, just the final product. Lame.

For the most part, I think they look pretty good. Looks like you might be running into the same problem I had when I started. That is, trying to fit the entire belt in the picture. Meaning, you add the snaps and such, and it's all pushed inside the framework of the background. Try to remember, that what we see on the picture is just the main portion of the title(s). The part with the plates and such. The rest of the strap to include the snaps is actually "Off-screen" so to speak. Other than that, just keep trying different things with it. Different bevels, different gradients and such, until to find a style you like. An as for this diary, if you jump to another promotion or whatever, I'd say start a new thread. If you're going to jump, then jump. Keep it up and I'll continue reading.

Wednesday, Week 4, September 2009. The Tide Is In New Mexico Armory (Mid South, USA) Match 1: Matt Gauge vs. Technical Machine Matt super squishes Technical Machine in under 5 minutes. (D+) Match 2: The Machines © vs. Jungle Cats (CZCW Tag Team Championship) A good match between the two teams. The Machines are able to defend once more, beating the Cats in 13. (C-) Match 3: Mean Jean Cattley vs. Steve Flash Apparently Steve is hurt and these guys have poor chemistry. So Steve wins in a poor match. (D-) Match 4: American Elemental © vs. Darryl Devine vs. Mainstream Hernandez vs. Ultimate Phoenix (CZCW Xtreme, Ladder Match) Elemental somehow finds a way to retain the belt in such a stacked atmosphere. (C) Double A and Fox argue in the ring about not getting the job done and finding out whose fault it was tonight. (C) Main Event: Aaron Andrews vs. Fox Mask © (CZCW Championship) Great match between the two bitter enemies. Fox proves that it was Double A that was at fault last week as a Fox Hunter puts the challenger down in 17. (C+) Overall Rating: C Attendance: 558 “Sigh, why did the Stones have to go Global? And why did they want Pee-Wee?” “Dude, Pee-Wee was an amazing referee. Yeah, I'm as bummed as you are, but Alan Gray is just going to have to learn.”

After my after show chat with Cliff, I decided it was time to bring the locker room together. “Guys, I know you're all wondering why I asked you to stay after the show. This is extremely difficult to say, but we're not going to be running weekly shows anymore.” “What? Why not?” “I'm sorry Frankie, but we just can't afford it anymore. Everyone thought that the second we jumped to that cult status that everything would just be awesome, but the truth is... it hasn't. We're hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate. To be honest, we're in the hole. There's a possibility that we can get out, but it's going to take a lot of hard work, budgeting, and number crunching. I'm sorry, but we're back to just one show a month.” “Son of a...” “Isn't there anything we can do?” “Other than coming and putting on the best performances you can... no. It's up to me now. I got us into this mess, and I'm going to have to get us out. I'm sorry guys, but the next show will be Reach For The Sky back at the Snake Pit.”

Monday, Week 2, October 2009. CZCW Reach For The Sky The Snake Pit (South West, USA) Match 1: Frank Burton vs. Matt Gauge Matt and Frank put on a good match, with Matt picking up the win with the Proton Lock. (C) Insane Machine comes to the ring with Remmy Skye? They call out their former partners and demand a shot at the titles. (D+) Match 2: Insane Machine and Remmy Skye vs. The Machines (CZCW Tag Team Championship) Remmy never brings his A-game, so do you think I'm going to put the Tag Titles on him? Nope. The Machines pick up a good win. (C-) Darryl Devine cuts a promo on Sam Pratt indicating that the future of wrestling is now. (C-) Match 3: Darryl Devine vs. Sam Pratt Pretty good match despite the horrid refereeing. Hey, he works for $50. Sam Pratt comes out on top with the Cannonball Drop. (C) Mainstream Hernandez talks directly to American Elemental, telling him that his career has stalled since losing the Xtreme Title. He needs it back and he needs it now. (C) Match 4: American Elemental © vs. Mainstream Hernandez vs. Plague vs. Ultimate Phoenix (CZCW Xtreme, Ladder Match) Again, Gray sucks, but Elemental puts up his 13th successful title defense. (C+) Fox says that Shooter has beaten a lot of guys, but he's never beaten the champ. And tonight will be no different. Fox says he plans on being the champion for a very, very long time. (C-) Main Event: Fox Mask © vs. Shooter (CZCW Championship) Good match here between Fox and Shooter, they always have good chemistry. They battle for 33 minutes until Shooter is able to slap on the Front Choke Lock and make Fox pass out to win. (C+) Overall Rating: C Attendance: 1000 “Finally took the belt off of Fox, eh?” “Yep, I figured it was time for Shooter to be the man. I don't know what to do Cliff. I don't think we can get out of debt. I fired everyone that was expensive and not worth it. I cut the TV show. I just can't make enough money to pay the marketing, administration, legal, and production departments. I'm sorry Cliff.”

I'm in the office of William Peers. I'm failing, and I don't know what to do. I've got papers strewn everywhere, schemes to make money, nothing is working. I'm failing. And if I fail... I know what my punishment is. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hey Peers.”[/COLOR] It's Cliff. He's coming to fire me, I know it. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Peers, you don't look so good, have you been home lately?”[/COLOR] Home? I haven't been home in almost two years. I'm not in my body, I'm not in my life. [COLOR="Blue"]“No Cliff, I haven't. I'm trying to figure a way to get out of this hole. I think we may need to take a break from running shows.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“A break? What for?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“To figure out a direction. To figure out a way to make some money.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“We can't make money doing nothing?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Actually, if my calculations are right, if we go to a touring schedule, we should be able to make money again. Maybe even get out of the hole.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“A touring schedule? But you hate tours, they are the reason you've been unable to bring people in. They're the reason guys like Elemental and Insane have been burnt out.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“But if we don't try something drastic, we're going to go out of business. I can't be the guy that knocked us out of business. This place has been around for nearly 20 years, I don't want to be the reason it dies. I love this place.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Peers, if you think you can do it, make it so. Make the Zone a better place to live.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Thank you Cliff. We're breaking until February, then you'll see. We'll be the best.”[/COLOR] Why is Cliff such a decent guy? Most people in this business are scum looking out for number one, but Cliff. Even when I've put the Zone into such debt, he's still a friend.

Fast forward, the first of January 2010. I've let things lapse. It was like I just fast forwarded from that day talking to Cliff to January first. Jay Moose, Ultimate Phoenix, Sam Pratt, Marc Speed, Frank Burton, Shooter, Cal Sanders, Cam Vessey... all gone. Their contracts came up during that time. We need to bring in some new wrestlers to fill the gaps. Our product has been fine tuned also. Performance is more important than popularity. It's the only way. With SWF, TCW, and NOTBPW all Global, we can't compete in overness. It can't happen. Now we need the strength of CZCW to come back into the forefront. Action. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Alright Peers, we start touring next month. Do you have everything set up?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Almost Cliff, just a few contracts to be signed, then we're ready.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I don't think we have much time. The bank has been calling, they need their money.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“They'll get their money, or... well... they'll get their money. We're running twice a week. The plan is to hit the Southwest every Wednesday and another part of the country on Sundays. Maybe by the end of the year we'll be back on top.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I hope you've done your homework. We need to make money.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I know Cliff. We will. It'll work. It has to work.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I'll be back to check on you soon. Just go home and get some rest. You look like crap.”[/COLOR] I do look like crap. I haven't slept in days. I just need this to work. Really... I don't want to find out the alternative.

State of the CZCW Address: It's a new year and the roster has changed. A lot. Mainly contracts that came up while I was in a cryogenic state. Anyway, here's a look at the new roster. Main Event: Aaron Andrews Darryl Devine Donnie J Eddie Chandler Infiniti Mainstream Hernandez Upper Midcard: American Elemental Frankie Perez James Prudence Mikey James Remmy Skye Midcard: Chris Perkins (Insane Machine) Fox Mask Hugh de Aske Ian Herring (Plague, Black Eagle) Jacob Jett Kashmir Singh Masked Cougar Trent Shaffer Lower Midcard: Angel de Mexico Arthur Dexter Bradley Warren Technique Zeus Maxmillion Opener: Fred Dee (Frankie Dee) Nigel Svensson Velocidad Enhancement Talent: Tempest Appleby Starting Cash Balance: -291,725 Popularity/Importance: South West: C-/D Mid South: D/D North West: E-/F+ Mid West: E-/F+ Hawaii: E-/F+ Top Ten Wrestlers of 2009: 1.Johnny Bloodstone 2.Sean McFly 3.Pablo Rodriguez 4.Christian Faith 5.Rich Money 6.Ultimate Phoenix 7.Yoshimi Mushashibo 8.Hell Monkey 9.Jeremy Stone 10.Dan Stone Jr. Ultimate Phoenix put a heck of a year on in Mexico with an amazing feud with Pablo Rodriguez that spawned several A* matches. Bloodstone didn't put on a match worse than B- and had 13 A* matches and 19 A matches in 38 total matches. When did he become God? Jeremy and Johnny repeat for match of the year. Big News Stories of 2009: TCW and NOTBPW join SWF as a Global promotion. William Peers cries. Wrestling industry falls to an all time low, hitting F- in America. George DeColt retires from the business, son Alex takes over CGC. Sam Keith retires and is immediately inducted into the Hall of Immortals. Fox Mask signs with TCW. Sweet. In fact, TCW's midcard looks a lot like our old roster... Fox, Frankie, Mikey, Darryl, Elemental, Mainstream, Andrews, Shooter, Cliff. Jumper Goals Status: Rise to Cult – Completed Nationwide TV Deal – Pending Fox Mask signed by a National (or higher) Promotion – Completed I just need to hold onto the promotion until we can get some money and I won't fail. Card for The Tide Is In Tour (Wednesday): James Prudence vs. Nigel Svensson Trent Shaffer vs. Hugh de Aske Jacob Jett vs. Chris Perkins American Elemental vs. Donnie J

Sunday, Week 1, February 2010. The Tide Is In Tour (Sunday) New Mexico Armory (Mid South, USA) Match 1: Block B: Mikey James vs. Fox Mask A great way to start the night. Fox and Mikey work well together and Fox is making his fight back to the CZCW Championship (C-) Darryl Devine comes to the ring and cuts a scathing promo on Frankie Perez and how the Devine One will be the CZCW Champion, like he has always deserved. (C-) Match 2: Block A: Frankie Perez vs. Darryl Devine Darryl makes good on his words, as he is able to defeat Frankie after a competitive match. (B-) Match 3: Block A: Eddie Chandler vs. Aaron Andrews Eddie Chandler makes his debut in CZCW in a losing effort to Aaron Andrews. Maybe this time Aaron can stay happy with management. (C) Main Event: Block B: Infiniti vs. Mainstream Hernandez Good way to cap off the night, as Infiniti and Mainstream always have good matches with whoever they face. The Apparition #14 is enough to stop Infiniti in his tracks as Mainstream picks up the win. (C+) Overall Rating: C Attendance: 678 Card for The Tide Is In Tour (Wednesday): Mikey vs. Mainstream - B Infiniti vs. Donnie - B James vs. Darryl - A Eddie vs. Nigel - A

Maybe I should stop leasing this office. It would mean saving $350 a month, and living on the street wouldn't be so bad. Cliff would appreciate the senti... [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Peers, what's this about holding another show on Thursday.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Wha? Oh, right. I felt that with the Championship Round Robin, these guys we brought in to tour would be left in the cold. That wouldn't be good for our reputation. Don't worry though Cliff, we're running these shows in the North West and Mid West, it'll be good for our popularity too.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Peers, we need to make money.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I know, I've been contemplating not leasing this place anymore. I could rent Club X twice a month for the amount I'd save.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“No Peers, you're not going back out on the streets.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“What do you mean?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Don't give me that crap Will. I brought you in, I'm not going to give up on you. We've hit rough times. You can get us out. I have faith in you.”[/COLOR] BACK on the streets? [COLOR="Blue"]“Thanks Cliff.”[/COLOR]

Archived