Championship Wrestling from Boston Lives Again (A C-Verse 08 Diary)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=SuperOwens;493242]That put one over the internet marks ;) Have to include myself in that list, especially as i know you like your long title reigns. Can see the logic behind it though mate. Great show as always :)[/QUOTE] Well I had planned that for awhile but a little surprise doesn't hurt! I had wanted to tear down Patriot and then build him back up again, have him go through some tough times. I'm looking forward to the Gauge-Patriot "Battle of Respect" for the title next month :)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/0908_WotE.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] QUICK PICKS: BOSTON HVYWT. TITLE: The Masked Patriot (c) v. Greg Gauge BOOT CAMP MATCH! Sgt. Bubba Lee West v. Stevie Grayson Bradford Peverell v. Jesse Christian BOSTON TAG TEAM TITLES: Pearce Foundation (w/ Kristen Pearce) v. Duberry Excess & Ben Williams; Rod Remus is Special Guest Referee "Trademark" Thomas Morgan v. Riley McManus

BOSTON HVYWT. TITLE: [B]The Masked Patriot (c)[/B] v. Greg Gauge - Although I'd pull the swerve, I don't see Patriot dropping the belt just yet. However, if you're planning on going with this where I think you're going with this... *rubs hands in anticipation* BOOT CAMP MATCH! [B]Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] v. Stevie Grayson - Never voting for Grayson again in any diary. And I mark for BLW :p [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] v. Jesse Christian - One guy has a future, one guy doesn't BOSTON TAG TEAM TITLES: [B]Pearce Foundation[/B] (w/ Kristen Pearce) v. Duberry Excess & Ben Williams; Rod Remus is Special Guest Referee - Gotta say it, this seems like swerve country to me "Trademark" Thomas Morgan v. [B]Riley McManus[/B] - You like McManus a lot, it seems

BOSTON HVYWT. TITLE: The Masked Patriot (c) v. Greg Gauge [I]I'm gonna say this one is a draw for storyline purposes.[/I] BOOT CAMP MATCH! [B]Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] v. Stevie Grayson [I]Grayson can't beat the Sarge in his own match![/I] [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] v. Jesse Christian [I]Hans of STONE, baby~! STONE, I say! What I'm getting at is; it will hurt a lot, when he punches Christian in the mouth.[/I] BOSTON TAG TEAM TITLES: Pearce Foundation (w/ Kristen Pearce) v. [B]Duberry Excess & Ben Williams[/B]; Rod Remus is Special Guest Referee [I]I choose to believe in the goodness of Rod Remus, but chances are that I'll regret it.[/I] "Trademark" Thomas Morgan v. [B]Riley McManus[/B] [I]The Trademark isn't what he used to be in '07 and as such he isn't winning this one...[/I]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]THE WHITES OF THEIR EYES[/SIZE][/FONT] Saturday Week 4, August 2009 112 fans at Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA[/CENTER] [B]Thomas Morgan d. Riley McManus in 8:21[/B] Good action, nothing to write home about. Morgan needed a win to keep some sort of momentum if his team with AAW is going to do anything. I'd like to have them challenge for the tag titles at some point. [B]E+[/B] Andy Hartigan: [COLOR="Purple"]"We had the Boston Tag Team Title match scheduled for next but as far as I know, special referee Rod Remus has not appeared at the building yet. I know he's in town and apparently he called citing car trouble but that's all we know."[/COLOR] [B]E+[/B] Duberry Excess comes to ringside and pleads with Hartigan for more time: [COLOR="Blue"]"Mr. Hartigan I know it's asking a lot but I trust Rod Remus and he gave me his word he'd be here. We just have to hold off the match for a bit until he gets here."[/COLOR] [B]E+[/B] [COLOR="Red"]"Whoa, whoa, whoa,"[/COLOR] interrupts Kristen Pearce, [COLOR="Red"]"How many concessions do we have to make for Mr. Excess here. If the person he hand picked as special referee is having car problems, that's not our problem. We signed for this match and the match is supposed to take place now...unless Mr. Excess is too afraid to get going without his biased officiating, we need to do this match NOW! Or else I might have to file a formal complaint against what I see as a bias on the part of Championship Wrestling from Boston and it's employees!"[/COLOR] Hartigan: [COLOR="Purple"]"As much as it pains me, Duberry, she has a point. Unfortunately, we're going to need to get this match underway as we have a whole show to get to. We'll need Chad Brent down here and we'll have to start the match."[/COLOR] [B]E The Pearce Foundation (w/ Kristen Pearce) d. Duberry Excess & Ben Willaims in 8:01 to retain the Boston Tag Team Titles[/B] The Du started the match off and got the upper hand early on but was double teamed and beaten down. He makes the hot tag to Ben Williams who immediately gets the snot beaten out of him and falls victim to a vicious Bullseye by Jameson to end the match. Pearce is as smug as can be.[B]E+ Sgt. Bubba Lee West d. Stevie Grayson in a Boot Camp Match in 17:02[/B] Just a brutal brawl right from the opening bell. Cpl. Prince was not allowed at ringside but it didn't look like West needed him. West took the upperhand and opened up a gusher on Grayson. Stevie fought back and even busted West open with a chairshot. The finish came with Grayson making a last ditch desperation move and missing a plancha on West. The Sgt. rolled him back in the ring and used the Recon Wrench for the win. [B]D-[/B] As the ring is being cleared, Rod Remus comes through the crowd dressed in street clothes. He approaches Andy Hartigan at ringside: [COLOR="Blue"]"I'm sorry, I'm sorry...I had some car trouble but I'm here now. Let me get changed into my ref's shirt and lets get this match going!"[/COLOR] Hartigan: [COLOR="Purple"]"Rod, I'm sorry but you missed your chance. We had to hold the match already. I understand you had some car problems but we couldn't appear to be biased towards one team or the other so we had to hold the match as scheduled."[/COLOR] Duberry Excess comes to ringside to explain things to his partner. Remus: [COLOR="Blue"]"That's BS! I'm here, lets do this!"[/COLOR] Kristen Pearce comes to ringside with her team to the groans of the audience. Pearce: [COLOR="Red"]"Mr. Remus, I'm sure it took you quite a while to fix four flat tires on your car but that's really no concern---"[/COLOR] Remus: [COLOR="Blue"]"What did you say? What did you just say about the flat tires?"[/COLOR] Pearce: [COLOR="Red"]"What? You had four flat tires, you just said so yourself--"[/COLOR] Remus: [COLOR="Blue"]"I said I had car problems but I never said NOTHING about any flat tires, let alone four! Why you sunova---"[/COLOR] [B]E+[/B] Pearce is terrified and high tails it to the back as The Pearce Foundation and Du-Rod brawl until security can pull them apart. [B]E Jesse Christian d. Bradford Peverell by DQ when Ash Campbell interferes in 16:37[/B] Good brawling style match with decent psychology. Christian is still rusty so it's taking some time for that to wear off. It would be nice if he'd, oh I don't know, maybe work out between shows. The minute Christian got the upper hand on Peverell, Campbell charges to ringside and does a run in with the two heels beating down Jesse and leaving him laying. It's clear he can't battle them on his own. [B]D The Masked Patriot d. Greg Gauge to retain the Boston Title in 19:21[/B] A handshake starts off the match and we get an amazing display of mat wrestling and puroreso strong style wrestling. During a lockup, Gauge fell out of the ring. Patriot held the ropes for him to come back. We almost see tempers flare during one spot in the turnbuckle but cooler heads prevailed and no punches were thrown. The finish was Gauge hitting a German Suplex on Patriot and both men's shoulders were pinned down. As the ref counted, TMP lifts his shoulder at the last second and sneaks out the win. [B]D+[/B] A great match but Gauge looks visibly frustrated once he finds out what happened. Patriot approaches and extends his hand...there is a moment of tension and then Gauge shakes it as the crowd chants "One More Match!" [B]E+[/B] Overall Show: [B]D[/B] Notes: Hey! We broke the 100 fan barrier! :) For anyone wondering, the Du-Rod and Pearce Foundation angle is an homage to one of my favorite storylines/angles ever. It took place in Georgia between the Freebirds and Austin Idol/Kevin Sullivan and you can read about it [URL="http://kayfabememories.com/Regions/gcw/gcw2.htm"]here[/URL]. This is the first of many homages to old school storylines I'll be running with the diary. I hope you're enjoying it! Definitely not a decisive win for Patriot over Gauge but a win nonetheless. With such a great matchup I feel pretty confident we may see a rematch :)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_newsletter.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]MASKED PATRIOT-GAUGE II SIGNED FOR WICKED PISSAH[/B] After a somewhat controversial finish to the Boston Heavyweight Title match at THE WHITES OF THEIR EYES, CWB officials have declared that there will be a rematch between current champion Masked Patriot and challenger Greg Gauge. "I actually went to the officials after the match," said Patriot, "and asked them for this. Greg Gauge is a fantastic, honorable competitor and he deserves a fair shake." The finish in question was during a German Suplex attempt by Gauge, he ended up pinning his own shoulders to the mat. As the referee's hand counted three, Patriot lifted his shoulder briefly. Greg Gauge, on tour with the INPSIRE group on Japan had this to say: "I'm really pleased to hear this decision. I felt that I was in an aggressive move and bearing that, my shoulders should not have been counted down. I'm looking forward to returning to Boston and having the rematch." It was reported that Gauge injured his right hand during the Japanese tour but he will still be able to make the scheduled title rematch. [B] PRIMUS ALLEN RETURNS[/B] After taking a few months off from competition in Boston, former Boston Heavyweight Champion Primus Allen will be returning at the behest of his "player coach" Ash Campbell in the latter's war with Jesse Christian.

Archived