Rising Stars, Improving Fighters and Fighter Discussion

Alright this is for people who want to talk about fighters in there game,if they are doing well, not so well, or downright ****ty... If you are mentioning a fighter : -Record (At The Time) -Win Streak (Or Losing Streak) -And Whatever Other Information If not you can just keep on discussing on fighters mentioned KING

Wilson “Silent But Violent” Franklyn 2-0-0 2 Fight Win Streak Record : Win, Steve Mason, Knockout, 1st Round, 0:12, *** Win, Aleksander Ivanov, Technical Knockout, 1st Round, 2:05, **** 3 Advantages : •Heavy Chin •K.O. Power •Submission and Takedown Defence 3 Disadvantages : •Useless off his back •Bad Ground Game •Lacks Movement My Opinion Wilson Franklyn is Vicious, Heavy Handed, and Handed Aleksander Ivanov his First Loss in Brutal Fasion, His Heart is there for sure after surviving a vicious early Kimura attempt from Ivanov, He has brutal Ground and Pound Tactics along with his "Balls To The Wall" Style. He is a force to be reckoned with and will surely continue to make the top ten in his next 3 wins

I'm in 2004, about to hit 2005 with my game "ISL", which is so much bigger then any of the other feds it's not even funny anymore. In this game, BCF has died, and KDMFC has went under. ALPHA-1 and GAMMA are struggling due to their inability to make stars, as more and more retire. They routinely draw less then 10,000 for a big event, while ISL draws 30,000+. WVTC has just opened, which brings a new element to the game world with their reserves, they have a chance of doing something. I figured due to being so far into the game, I'd do three profiles. The first will be a Regenerated fighter. It's hard to get great fighters with these, but I've lucked out. The second will be someone who debuted during the game, and finally a fighter who is in the game world at the start. [B]Utamara Fujii (Regen of Inejiro Chiba) 23 Years Old 7-0-0 7 fight win streak[/B] Win, Terry Catt - TKO (*) - 5/02 Win, Martin Pokorny - KO (*) - 7/02 Win, Joe Halliwell - TKO (*) - 3/03 Win, Casim Yenkini - TKO (**) - 6/03 Win, Lauri Hamalainen - UD (DUD) - 10/03 Win, Owen Hyde - TKO (**) - 3/04 Win, Derek South - KO (****) - 9/04 [B]Strengths[/B]: Exceptional Submission Defense Devistating Ground Strikes Incredible Grappling Near Impossible to take down Incredible Punching [B]Weaknesses[/B]: Very little MMA experience Weak Utamara Fujii along with Seiki Kitagawa emerged as young, exceptionally skilled Japanese fighters. When ALPHA-1 passed, both were signed by American promotion, and the biggest promotion on Earth ISL. Fujii has been brought along slowly during his two and a half years as a pro fighter, but has gradually stepped up in competition. His nickname is "The Dream Maker" due to his incredible ability to knock opponents unconscious. His biggest win to date is the very popular, and at one time a top ten LHW Derek South, and is being considered in the mix for a Light Heavyweight Championship challenge. [B]Guy Broom 25 Years Old 14-3-0 6 fight win streak[/B] Win, Vytautas Markovic - TKO (DUD) - 10/99 Win, Ronnine Nevada - TKO (*) - 12/99 Loss, Jesse Singh - SD (*) - 2/00 *GAMMA* Win, Don Norman - KO (*) - 7/00 *GAMMA* Win, Brian Barnes - TKO (*) - 8/00 Win, Mugur Boc - KO (***) - 11/00 Win, Maurizio Mancini TKO (**) - 1/01 Loss, Juozas Skerla - TKO (**) - 3/01 Win, Garry McSweegan - UD (**) - 3/02 Win, Nann Lefevre - TKO (***) - 10/02 Loss, Elgar - UD (**) - 5/03 *BCF* Win, Logan Sky - TKO (**) - 8/03 *BCF* Win, Garry McSweegan - UD (**) - 11/03 *ALPHA-1* Win, Joona Bengtsson - TKO (**) - 2/04 *ALPHA-1* Win, Lloyd Watson - UD (***) - 4/04 *ALPHA-1* Win, Stanislaw Lipnicki - UD (***) - 6/04 *ALPHA-1* Win, Mason Archer - KO (****) - 10/04 [B]Strengths[/B]: Exceptional Submission Defense Destructive Ground Strikes Deadly with hands Incredible Grappling Difficult to take down [B]Weaknesses[/B]: Predictable Guy Broom, out of all the young talent in ISL is by far the most traveled. Always seeming to want to have his freedom, he's fought for the biggest promotions in the MMA game. Despite working for ISL, BCF, ALPHA-1 AND GAMMA, Guy Broom has never lost more then once in any given promotion. The biggest loss of Broom's career was to the now retired Juozas Skerla who Broom was heavily favored against. After that, Broom eventually left ISL and traveled. He dropped a decision to legend Elgar, and wound up in ALPHA-1 where he completely dominated. ISL and Broom finally came to another agreement, and Broom returned with a crushing victory over big striker Mason Archer. With a victory over Heavyweight Champion Mugur Boc, it is only a matter of time until Broom gets a title shot if he continues to win. [B]Datuk Ong Ka Ting 29 Years Old 20-5-0 7 fight win streak[/B] ISL Lightweight Champion (1) (Dec 1996 - Sep 1997) ISL Welterweight Champion (1) (Apr 2004 - Current) ISL Middleweight Champion (1) (May 2003 - April 2004) *Vacated* [B]Strengths[/B]: "Beyond" Deadly Knees Deadly with feet Exceptional Submission Defense Exceptional Takedowns Unbeatable Grappling [B]Weaknesses[/B]: Can be dull at times Win, Sinali Shomen - UD (*) 8/96 Win, Luke Hilton - UD (**) - 10/96 Win, Will Kane - Sub (**) - 12/96 *Wins Lightweight Championship* Win, Eli Harris - UD (**) - 4/97 Win, Jamie Hewitt - TKO (**) - 6/97 Win, Brandon Sugar - UD (**) - 9/97 Loss, Gabriel Gallego - UD (**) - 9/97 *Losses Lightweight Championship* Win, Jay Dorridge - Sub (**) - 12/97 Loss, Ichisake Miyagi - TKO (**) - 3/98 Win, Tom Carter - UD (*) - 7/98 Win, Will Kane - TKO (***) - 10/98 Win, Dante Holdsworth - UD (**) - 2/99 Loss, Ikku Funaki - TKO (***) - 4/99 Win, Bixente Fontaine - TKO (***) - 11/99 Loss, Ricardo Fernandes - Sub (****) - 2/00 Win, Ichisake Miyagi - Sub (**) - 7/00 Win, Joe Hinchcliffe - TKO (**) - 6/01 Loss, Fernando Amaro - KO (***) - 4/02 Win, George Laurent - UD (***) - 12/02 Win, Fernando Amaro - TKO (***) - 4/03 Win, Korekiyo Anzai - KO (****) - 5/03 *Wins Middleweight Championship* Win, Eddie Whelan - UD (**) - 9/03 Win, Noach Van Der Cappellen - UD (****) - 12/03 Win, Evan Pizzaro - KO (****) - 3/04 *Vacates Middleweight Championship* *Given Welterweight Championship* Win, Doug Hansen - KO (****) - 9/04 Datuk Ong Ka Ting is currently considered the greatest fighter on Earth. For a man who has been in danger of retiring after every fight since 2001, this is the most dramatic story in MMA history. Ong Ka Ting has fought his entire career in ISL, and was the first Lightweight Champion in ISL History, winning a eight man tournament to gain the title. Ong Ka Ting would continue to be a highly respected fighter, but could never reach the title again...In 2001, he was diagnosed with a severe neck problem, and was advised to retire...but Ong Ka Ting continued to fight like a mad man. He fought sporadically until 2002, when he defeated George Laurent. The man who had everything to lose suddenly began to win everything in front of him. He defeated Korekiyo Anzai for the Middleweight Championship in 2003...ISL returned the Welterweight Division after Datuk Ong Ka Ting had scored three defenses of his championship. Ting vacated the Middleweight Championship and was given the Welterweight Championship, which he immediately retained. Since the beginning of the new millennium, he has gone 9-2-0, most of these with the threat of retirement lingering above his head, which only gets worse after every fight.

Tokimune Nagasawa Tokimune Nagasawa 9-1-0 8 Fight Win Streak GAMMA LHW CHAMPION (2005-Current) Win, Ebizo Fujishima, Knockout, 1st Round, 0:59, ** Loss, Elgar, Split Decision, 3rd Round, 5:00, **** Win, Aleksei Chekhov, Knockout, 2nd Round, 3:34, *** Win, Santiago Dias, Technical Knockout, 1st Round, 1:02, ** Win, Garry McSweegan, Submission (Flying Arm-Bar), 3rd Round, 4:56, ***** Win, Terry Catt, Knockout, 1st Round, 4:16, *** Win, Aleksei Chekhov, Technical Knockout, 2nd Round, 2:12, ***** Win, Tadamasa Yamada, Split Decision, 3rd Round, 5:00, ***** Win, Guy Broom, Knockout, 1st Round, 0:06, **** 3 Advantages : [LIST] [*]Heavy Handed [*]Well Rounded [*]Hard to Knock Out [/LIST] 3 Disadvantages : [LIST] [*]Kicks are Slow [*]Easy to Take Down [*]Slow Movement [/LIST] My Opinion Arguably the Breakout Star of 2007, Tokimune Nagasawa shocked the World Many Times. Be it his war with Elgar, Yamada, Chekhov (Twice), Catt, and when we thought he couldn't be any more versatile, he Flying Arm-Bars Garry McSweegan. However, His Dedication is Not Very Strong, As he sometimes blows off training. However that has not stopped him from acheiving the LHW Gold

"The Hillbilly Hammer" Luke Hilton, 15-2, 6 fight win streak. Current two-time SigMA (Signature Martial Arts) Lightweight champion. Win, Sinali Shoman by TKO. Win, Yuji Latu by KO. Win, Cory Brewer by TKO. Win, Doug Hansen by TKO to win the vacant SigMA Lightweight title. Win, Edson Edmilson by TKO to retain the SigMA Lightweight title. Loss, Brandon Sugar by TKO to lose the SigMA Lightweight title. Win, Casim Yenkini by TKO. Win, Marko Prochazka by KO. Win, Edson Edmilson by Submission to regain the SigMA Lightweight title. Win, Gustavo Bautista by KO to retain the SigMA Lightweight title. Win, Jason Dalglish by KO to retain the SigMA Lightweight title. Win, Kojuro Ijichi by TKO to retain the SigMA Lightweight title. Strengths: Very powerful and well-rounded Puncher. Can end fights in the clinch. Great wrestling and submission defense. Weakness: Telegraphs his kicks. The incredibly popular Luke Hilton is considered the #2 Lightweight in the world and the #8 P4P fighter in the world. He is a highly aggressive fighter, having only let two fights go passed the second round, where he eventually finished his opponents anyways. "The Hillbilly Hammer" started off his career fighting much bigger opponents in an unsanctioned Lightweight class of 145-165 pounds, but he never let that stop him from being one of the best fighters in the world. He now waits for a rematch against the only man to have ever beaten him in SigMA and ended his first title reign, Brandon Sugar, who has unfortunately fallen on hard times and is currently not worthy of a title shot. In my last game, Luke Hilton went on a whopping 15 or so win streak, and I'm hoping he can replicate it in this game.

Terry Catt Terry "The Tornado" Catt 12-5-1 7 Fight Win Streak ALPHA-1 Light-Heavyweight Champion (2001-2002) Record : Loss, Tokimune Nagasawa, Knockout, 1st Round, 4:16, *** Win, George Laurent, Submission (Strikes), 3rd Round, 3:13, ** Loss, Inejiro Chiba, Majority Decision, 3rd Round, 5:00, **** Win, Inejiro Chiba, Knockout, 1st Round, 0:09, **** Loss, Korekiyo Anzai, Technical Knockout, 3rd Round, 4:16, *** Win, Jason Olivier, Technical Knockout, 2nd Round, 3:33, ** Win, Monty Olivier, Knockout, 1st Round, 4:22, * Win, Yeijiro Yamamoto, Technical Knockout, 2nd Round, 0:05, **** Loss, Juozas Skerla, Knockout, 1st Round, 2:12, **** Loss, Jason Olivier, Split Decision, 3rd Round, 5:00, *** Draw, Jöze Egorov, Split Draw, 3rd Round, 5:00, ***** Win, Gabriel Boaley, Knockout, 1st Round, 4:26, **** Win, Joey Tripyo, Technical Knockout, 3rd Round, 3:31, *** Win, Elgar, Knockout, 1st Round, 4:26, ** Win, Jason Olivier, Knockout, 1st Round, 0:07, **** Win, Stan Blackheath, Knockout, 1st Round, 2:00, *** Win, Gabe Reuban, Technical Knockout, 2nd Round, 2:12, ** Win, Lucio Rocha, Stoppage (Cut), 1st Round, 0:56, ***** Biggest Win : The Knockout of Monty Olivier by Slam by Far is one of the most dominating knockouts I have ever seen. He Hits him hard on the button, Picks him up like a little kid, and slams the **** out of him Biggest Loss : Juozas Skerla completely Brutalized Him by pounding the crap out of Catt Most Dominating Win : George Laurent, He was able to keep him down and end the fight 3 Advantages [LIST] [*]Heavy Hands [*]Strong [*]Can Slam People Hard [/LIST] 3 Disadvantages [LIST] [*]Slow Movement [*]Slow Kicks [*]Bad Ground Control [/LIST] My Opinion : Terry Catt is a brutal son of a bitch, he hits very hard, Slams the **** out of people, and beats the crap out of you on the ground with his ground and pound technique, however his problem is keeping people there, that hasn't stopped him from earning the title

[QUOTE=MK24;459233]Aleksander Ivanov turns into a beast. Thats all I know.[/QUOTE] He's like 13-0 right now and the current HW champ. He was a beast in my last game getting a record of 18-1 or something. I think he's another "Fedor" just like Fezzik. He's got the signature deadly hands and GnP also.

[QUOTE=Hawk1665;459343]Ivanov's one of those guys that is just pre-ordained by the game to be a world class fighter. He held ISL's world title for four years. He hasn't done that well since losing it.[/QUOTE] I wonder if they are anymore like him that are set to appear later in the game. I haven't got past '98 though.

Stephen da Winter, Jake Keane, Sho Kitabake(sp?), and Trish Beal all head torwards great things. And for some reason Solomon Austin or whatever the pizza guy is called seems to be doing fairly well just because of his size. He's 4-0, which is pretty crazy in my fed.

I've had a few fighters shine in my league. As a challenge, I started up a new company - Ragon Fighting Championships - in 1996, signed up a load of unemployed guys and went from there. Because I'm usually completely useless at the game, I gave myself $1m as a generous donation from myself... [B] Alexsander "The Great Bear" Ivanov[/B] 15-1-0 9 fight winning streak Record: WIN - Murray Darby (sub) WIN - Barry Strachan (sub) WIN - Tank Manu'a (tko) WIN - Silvio Scirea (sub) WIN - Khru Duangjan (tko) WIN - Migur Boc (sub) LOSS - Sylvester Collins (ko) WIN - Russell McPhee (UD) WIN - Manol Sirakov (UD) WIN - Stratos Papanaioannou (sub) WIN - Tank Manu'a (UD) WIN - Bob Dozier (UD) WIN - Stjepan Andric (ko) WIN - Tim Boyer (tko) WIN - Bill Brown (sub) WIN - Migur Boc (ko) Strengths: Absolutely deadly with his hands Exceptional at defending against submissions Virtually unbeatable when grappling up close Almost unstoppable at taking opponents down Very dangerous with his feet Weaknesses: N/A Despite winning so many matches in such a short space of time, for some reason Ivanov's never won the 'Fighter of the Year' award. As people have said, he's an absolute beast and proved to be incredible in almost all of his fights. The one slip-up against Sylvester Collins was a huge upset - Collins was 4-1 at the time. I'm not too sure who I can throw at Ivanov to test him; I've never been able to prise the likes of Fezzik and Foster away from Alpha-1 and GAMMA. Ivanov's definitely the most impressive fighter I've managed to obtain, but that's not to say that others don't have very good records too. For instance: [B]Kramer Mayweather[/B] : 7-2 (Always a man I'd recommend) [B]Kendall Tracy[/B] : 20-5 (He's been brilliant for me since the start) [B]Sukarno[/B] : 7-0 (Strange one, him. I've had good and bad experiences. This looks to be good though) [B]Petey Mack[/B] : 21-7 (Went on a horrible 5 match losing streak after decimating my LHW division) [B]Davis Spyrou[/B] : 23-6 (Brought him in early, now a global star. Couldn't ask for more) [B]Ethan Sutton[/B] : 8-2 (I wanted a massive fight between him and Kramer, but both ended up losing to nobodies before I had the chance to pit them against each other) [B]Julio Regueiro[/B] : 23-2-1 (Invincible at the start, then broke his neck or something and was out for 6 months. Lost to Lucas Mellberg on his return.) Bill Brown's been a huge disappointment. He's usually tremendous, but he's struggled badly at RFC.

Umeka Fujiwara, 17-0, 17 fight win streak. Current SigMA (Signature Martial Arts) Womens Heavyweight champion. Win, Harriet Fey by UDEC. Win, Donna Del Agnostini by Sub. Win, Park Seong by Sub. Win, Emma Birch by TKO. Win, Andrea Jones by TKO. Win, Park Seong by by UDEC. Win, Rachel McGuiness by TKO. Win, Harrient Fey by UDEC. Win, Steph Smith by TKO. Win, Katy-Jane Paulson by UDEC. Win, Olivia Sweet by UDEC to win the SigMA Womens Heavyweight title. Win, Karen Curtis by UDEC to retain the SigMA Womens Heavyweight title. Win, Kimie Igarashi by UDEC to retain the SigMA Womens Heavyweight title. Win, Sarah Vaughan by UDEC to retain the SigMA Womens Heavyweight title. Strengths: Great submission offense and defense. Can end fights with knees and her hands. Has incredible ground control. Weakness: None. Umeka Fujiwara is one of the most dominant fighters in the world with a perfect 17-0 record and is considered the womens #1 P4P fighter. Fujiwara has just started to hit her stride since winning the SigMA Womens Heavyweight title. She received a lot of criticism for fighting less well known fighters early in her career, but she hasn't had an easy fight since winning the belt. She wants to prove to the world that not only is she the best womens fighter in the world, but that she is the best fighter PERIOD, and she certainly can if she can finish her career undefeated.

I wanna add on to Utamara Fujii's record I posted. Since then, he's beaten Percy Catcher a former LHW Champion, and in front of 37,000 fans in Japan, he defeated Petey Mack to capture the LHW Championship by TKO, and both **** fights. I've hit the JACKPOT with this guy. 9-0-0 and now the ISL Light-Heavyweight Champion.

"The Demon" Karen Curtis Advantages: - Deadly with her hands and kicks. - Extremely difficult to take off her feet. - Exceptional submission defence. Disadvantages: - Can be dull and predictable when fighting. Current Record: 27-6 (3 match winning streak) Opinions: Former 2 time WEFF Heavyweight Champion and one of the most dominant fighters on the roster. Karen recently dropped down to the Lightweight division in an attempt to become the first WEFF fighter to hold gold in both weight classes. Her first attempt was at WEFF 55 in November of '99 where she lost a unanimous decision match against then Champion Umeka Fujiwara, she rebounded from the loss and is now on a 3 match winning streak knocking out Umeka Fujiwara in a revenge match. Currently the number one contender to the Lightweight Title held by Michelle Addams. Spinal injuries may be the only thing that can stop her dream of capturing the Lightweight gold before retirement comes calling. Umeka Fujiwara. Advantages: - Fantastic Submission skills. - Unbeatable at grappling up close. - Beyond deadly with her knee strikes. Disadvantages: - None. Current Record: 21-3 (Coming off a victory) Opinions: Former 2 time WEFF Lightweight Champion whose only losses have come from Karen Curtis, Christine Jameson and Michelle Addams, all by knock out. Umeka is a phenominal fighter who has put on countless show stealing matches with a varity of opponents and is no doubt one of the figure head fighters of the WEFF who help greatly on the companies rise to number one in the world. Looking to break the Lightweight Title Reign record set by Sara Vaughn (3 Time Champion) Certainly as the skills and youth on her side to accomplish that goal. Kimmie Igarashi. Advantages: - Phenomenal at controlling grounded opponents. - Unbelievably strong take down defence. - Deadly with her hands. Disadvantages: - None. Current Record: 16-5 (2 Match winning streak) Opinions: Kimmie had a shakey start in the world of mixed martial arts getting destroyed by Gina Dixon, Rachael McGuiness and Vicki Summers all in the first round, since then Kimmie has gone on a couple of long winning streaks falling short in her two attempts at winning the Lightweight Title, first against Umeka Fujiwara and more recently against Steph Smith. Despite her skill Kimmie has yet to hold gold in her mixed martial arts career.

UPDATE on Luke Hilton. He is now 18-2 and on a 9 fight win streak with 6 title defenses. Win, Jamie Hewitt by UDEC to retain the SigMA Lightweight title. Win, Atep of Indonesia by UDEC to retain the SigMA Lightweight title. Win, Brandon Sugar by UDEC to retain the SigMA Lightweight title. He has been training hard and now has no weaknesses in his fight game at all. He continued to fight hard and as a result is now considered the #1 Lightweight fighter in the world after Carlos da Guia was unexpectedly knocked out in the first round by the unranked Eric Dartmouth (who held an 8-8 record at the time of the fight). Hilton is also considered by most to be the #4 p4p fighter in the world. However, a more personal accomplishment was getting his revenge on the only man to have ever beaten him in SigMA, Brandon Sugar, who managed to get a second wind in his SigMA career before it was hammered down by the hillbilly.

Current date: January 2004 [B]Uwe Maier[/B] Current 2-time GAMMA Middleweight Champion Overall MMA record: 24-4 GAMMA record: 19-3 [B]Strengths:[/B] Absolutely deadly with his hands Beyond deadly when it comes to using knee strikes Has incredible and deadly submission skills Absolutely deadly with his feet Exceptional at defending against submissions [B]Weaknesses:[/B] None Notable GAMMA fights: [B]Win: Maarten de Vries, UD, 3 stars, 1/1998[/B] [I]Capped off a 7-fight win streak to open Maier's GAMMA career; announced him as a serious contender and earned him his first Middleweight title shot.[/I] [B]Loss: Andrew Rush, KO, 1:16 of Round 5, 4 stars, 3/1998[/B] [I]At this point, Rush was an undefeated and unstoppable monster Middleweight Champion who was considered by many to be the best pound for pound fighter in the world. None of his previous three title fights had gone past the 2 minute mark of the first round, and this fight, with Maier being ahead on most scorecards before being caught with a wild punch in the 5th, was seen by many as the first chink in Rush's armor.[/I] [B]Win: Andrew Rush, KO, 1:27 of Round 1, 4 stars, 9/1999[/B] [I]After losing in his first title opportunity, Maier quickly got back to his winning ways, earning himself another title shot in September 1999 on the back of a three-fight win streak. There was a great deal of hype surrounding this rematch, as many felt that Rush had been lucky to escape from the first encounter with his undefeated record still intact. Maier was seen as perhaps the only man capable of breaking Rush's stranglehold on the Middleweight belt. He came out of the gates on fire and simply pummeled Rush into submission, knocking him out from a mounted position early in the first round to end Rush's win streak at 20-0 and win the title. Rush, with his aura of invincibility shattered, was never the same again.[/I] [B]Win: Maarten de Vries, UD, 4 stars, 1/2000[/B] [I]A routine victory for Maier in his first title defense. De Vries never threatened, losing decisively on all three scorecards. This beating convinced de Vries that he wasn't able to hang with the top fighters in the Middleweight division and he opted to drop down to Welterweight, where he experienced even less success.[/I] [B]Loss: Kramer Mayweather, KO, 4:55 of Round 2, 5 stars, 8/2000[/B] [I]Mayweather was a brash and exciting youngster in 2000, and he came into this fight on the back of an impressive win streak. The fight was an absolute war for 10 minutes, a stand-up slug-fest considered by many to be the fight of the year in 2000. Many observers, however, felt that Maier had played into the hands of Mayweather by standing up and banging with him rather than attempting to take the fight down to the mat where he could work his submission skills. This loss remains the only unavenged defeat in Maier's GAMMA career.[/I] [B]Win: Jared Vibert, Sub, 2:26 of Round 3, 4 stars, 9/2002[/B] [I]Maier was attempting to work his way back up the Middleweight rankings in 2002, and Vibert was the current ALPHA-1 Middleweight Champion. Vibert was, and continues to be, in a unique position in the MMA world, as he holds non-exclusive contracts with the three largest existing MMA promotions. The fight was ultra-competitive with Vibert lasting into the third round before falling victim to an armbar. The significance of this win for Maier has only increased as Vibert's career has subsequently skyrocketed. He's beaten several of the best middleweights in the world over the last 15 months and currently looks to be on track to receive a shot at an unprecedented accomplishment--the chance to hold both the ALPHA-1 and GAMMA Middleweight belts simultaneously. Maier, however, will have something to say about that.[/I] [B]Win: Andrew Rush, UD, 4 stars, 1/2003[/B] [I]Rush came into this fight seemingly having finally turned his career around after the thrashing he received from Maier in 1999 and looking for revenge against the man who had handed him his first devastating loss. All he found, though, was a healthy dose of Maier's fists in his face. Maier controlled the fight easily, earning himself a shot at a second Middleweight title later in the year, and the result was never in doubt. Rush showed great heart, lasting to the end despite receiving a vicious beating, but after 15 minutes it was clear that he was no longer in Maier's league. [/I] [B]Win: Tyler Lass, KO, 0:56 of Round 1, 4 stars, 4/2003[/B] [I]Again, Maier came out of the gate absolutely on fire in a title fight and quickly overwhelmed the champion to earn his second GAMMA Middleweight title--this time with a devastating head kick. Lass, an impressive young fighter with several big wins to his credit, never stood a chance.[/I] [B]Win: Davis Spyrou, KO, 3:48 of Round 1, 5 stars, 10/2003[/B] [I]A dominating performance from Maier in the first defense of his second title reign. Spyrou fell victim to a series of nasty knees from the clinch midway through the first round as Maier demonstrated yet another addition to his arsenal of deadly fight-ending abilities. Think of the first Silva-Franklin fight--never a contest.[/I] So, as 2004 dawns in GAMMA, Maier reigns supreme over the Middleweight division and is clearly the top Middleweight and one of the top 5 pound-for-pound fighters in the world. Plenty of stiff challenges remain on the horizon, however, in the form of a resurgent Tyler Lass (17-4), the current ALPHA-1 champ Jared Vibert (16-6), the accomplished and extremely dangerous Adam "Hollywood" White (19-7), and two young superstars currently riding impressive win streaks: "Pretty Boy" Danny Akabaro (14-5) and Fjodor Kanchelsksis (11-1). The future of the middleweight division, with Maier at its head, looks to be bright.

I am currently the UFC and I just got to mention Amir Sadollah Coming into the game he was 1 and 0 with a win over CB Dollaway Win-Hiromitsu Miura-Sub 3:19 of the 3rd Win-Alessio Sakara-TKO 1:35 of the 1rst Win-Nate Loughran-TKO 2:22 on the 2nd Win-Kendall Grove-UD Win-Jason MacDonald-TKO 1:35 of the 2nd Win-Joe Riggs-UD Win-Vitor Belfort-TKO 3:54 of the 1rst I am really happy with his progession and I havn't even been giving him that easy of fights.

Archived