the Tag Team League

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick Picks [B]Sexual Aggression[/B] vs. Double Dutch [B]The New Wave[/B] vs. Samoan Demolition [B]Team Dynasty 2000[/B] vs. The Melbourne Blondes The Amazing Bumfholes vs. [B]The Can-Am Blondes[/B] Dos Phoenix vs. [B]Above & Below[/B]

TTL: Backstage Pass #2 [CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ttlBP.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Random_Male36.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="1"][b]by Tom Core[/b][/SIZE] [u][b]Welcome![/b][/u] Welcome to the second ever edition of [i]TTL: Backstage Pass,[/i] the exclusive e-newsletter of the Tag Team League. The goal of [i]Backstage Pass[/i] is to give the viewers of the TTL a little more access to the goings on behind-the-scenes. And with that said there’s plenty to talk about heading into the oddly named “Matchday One/Two.” I had a chance to sit down with my broadcast partner and the TTL Commissioner, [b]Jim Surge,[/b] to see what the inspiration was behind the name: “Well, it was a cop-out basically,” Surge said. “The way the schedule worked out is that we had to split the first two weeks of action over three cards. Don’t ask me why, it just worked out that way. So we toyed with ‘Matchday 1.5’ but we’re actively trying to write out the words as part of our branding scheme and ‘Matchday One-point-Five’ just looks terrible. Visually, it’s unsettling.” I then asked him about changing the system so there were no numbers involved: “Well, that’s certainly something to think about,” he mused, “but with our league format giving each week of the competition its own name doesn’t really make sense to me, I must confess.” While I had him I decided to ask him about his alleged “moles” within the TTL. Surge abruptly ended the interview without another word, throwing down his mic and muttering “I’m done here,” as he walked away. [b][u]Stephanie Drucker, Where Are You?[/b][/u] After being upstaged by [b]Hannah Potter[/b] last week at Matchday One, [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] finds herself out of a job going into this week’s action. Despite being led away from the ring by [b]Owen Love[/b] and [b]The Natural,[/b] and despite rumors of a possible meeting earlier this week, there has been no announcement from [b]The Can-Am Blondes’[/b] camp about a possible long-term alliance. The hottest rumor in the blogs this week though is that Drucker may end up managing a revised [b]Dos Phoenix[/b] lineup of [b]Phoenix I[/b] and [b]Phoenix II,[/b] as they continue to have problems with [b]Phoenix III.[/b] While there appears to be a lot of speculation involved in this scenario, the general quiet on the Drucker front makes it seem as though the Mexicans may be the only ones interested in her services at this time. [b][u]SexPotter?![/b][/u] At Matchday One it was [b]Hannah Potter’s[/b] “Sexpotter” poster that was the biggest selling TTL merch item at the McGaw Arena. Many fans said they would be back this week just to see the young Ms. Potter strut her stuff with [b]The Melbourne Blondes.[/b] There have been increasing reports this week of Potter cozying up to [b]Blake Belushi,[/b] who is supposedly still dating former manager [b]Stephanie Drucker.[/b] Belushi and [b]Rick Stantz[/b] have allegedly been trying to figure out a way to bring Drucker back as their manager but according to a source close to [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] there hasn’t been any follow-up from the Melbournes for the last few days. Whether they’ve given up the fight or whether they’re now considering Potter as their full-time manager is unclear. [b][u]Back to the Drawing Board?[/b][/u] With [b]Hannah Potter[/b] showing up to distract [b]Randy[/b] and [b]Zimmy Bumfhole[/b] during their loss to [b]High Concept[/b] last week, it was back to the drawing board for [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] heading into their next match against [b]The Can-Am Blondes.[/b] “I really don’t know what her story is,” said a shoot-style Randy about Potter’s ringside appearance. “I thought we really hit it off with her and then she pulls this swerve crap with [b]The Melbourne Blondes.[/b] The Melbourne Blondes? Are you kidding me? We’re one of the favorites in this competition; I just don’t get it.” Zimmy was less puzzled: “She can go manage whomever she wants, I could care less,” Zim snarled. “But if she thinks she’s going to interfere in one of our matches again and cost us points then she’s sadly mistaken. We’ll be ready for her…” [b][u]Quick Hits[/b][/u] Matchday One/Two marks the season openers for [b]Sexual Aggression, The Melbourne Blondes, Above & Below[/b] and [b]The Can-Am Blondes.[/b] There seems to be late heavy internet betting action on [b]Samoan Demolition[/b] to squash [b]The New Wave[/b] as the odds line has changed from New Wave being favored to an evens up contest. Referee [b]Ryan Holland[/b] nearly name to blows with Road Agent [b]Larry Vessey[/b] backstage after last week’s [b]DeColt Brothers[/b] verses [b]Avalanche Effect[/b] match. Holland needed to be held back by several members of the roster and Vessey left the McGaw Arena early, leaving the rest of the show to [b]Robert Oxford.[/b]

Matchday One/Two Results [center][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TTL2.jpg[/IMG] [/center] [SIZE="5"][B]The Tag Team League[/B][/SIZE] [I][SIZE="2"]presents[/SIZE][/I] [SIZE="4"][B]MATCHDAY ONE/TWO[/B][/SIZE] [i][size="2"]Saturday, 13th June, 2008 LIVE! From the McGaw Arena – 3,770 in attendance[/i][/size] [u]SexPotter![/u] The show opened backstage with last week’s show-stealer [b]Hannah Potter[/b] backstage looking great and looking herself over in a full-length mirror as she prepares for the night’s action Grade: C [u]Sexual Aggression vs. Double Dutch[/u] It took a while for [b]Sexual Aggression[/b] to get it in gear as [b]Double Dutch[/b] opened the match looking very strong. [b]Frank De Pain[/b] and [b]Ruud Van Anger[/b] dictated the pace and tried to keep it an intense, quick-moving affair. They hit a dazzling sequence of quick tags and rope/turnbuckle moves which made De Pain especially look very strong. But after taking five straight minutes of punishment [b]Angry Gilmore[/b] cleared house and took over the match, eventually nailing Van Anger with Anger Management to give Sexual Aggression the victory. It was a much tougher contest for Sexual Aggression than anticipated. Winner: Sexual Aggression @ 7:33 Grade: D+ [u]The New Wave vs. Samoan Demolition[/u] [b]Guide[/b] and [b]Scout[/b] both shone in this match and [b]Samoan Demolition’s[/b] inexperience showed as they repeatedly squandered chances to press their advantage so that they could interact with the booing crowd. The power and strength of Samoan Demolition was on full display and it was completely against the run of the match when Guide hit an out-of-the-blue leg-takedown rollup and used all of his own strength to surprise pin [b]The Brisbane Devil.[/b] With the win [b]The New Wave[/b] become the first team to take the full four points from their opening two matches. Winner: The New Wave @ 7:56 Grade: C [u]Commissioner Surge & Randy Bumfhole?[/u] After the match the camera cut to the backstage area where [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] is shown knocking on [b]The Amazing Bumfholes’[/b] locker room door. [b]Randy Bumfhole[/b] appears and walks out into the hallway with Surge. The audio was intentionally inaudible but clearly the two went from having a calm discussion to a heated argument. The argument ended with Bumfhole pushing Surge out of the way and walking back into his locker room and slamming the door. The fans took a giant dump on the segment, booing both men and bringing the mood in the house down. Grade: D- [u]Team Dynasty 2000 vs. The Melbourne Blondes[/u] [b]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/b] went off in this match, humiliating [b]Blake Belushi[/b] by breaking him down completely before throwing him to his partner to tag out. [b]Rick Stantz[/b] fared no better as Mushashibo kicked it into high gear with a series of tags and double-team moves with [b]Shuji Inukai[/b] before finishing him off with a Yoshimi Explosion. [b]Hannah Potter[/b] was conspicuous by the lack of help she offered [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] during the match, instead she took time out to sign copies of her SexPotter poster for fans at ringside. Winner: Team Dynasty 2000 @ 11:46 Grade: C- [u]Potter Ditches the Blondes![/u] After the match [b]Hannah Potter[/b] grabbed the mic and told [b]Blake Belushi[/b] and [b]Rick Stantz[/b] that she had bought them a present so that she could present it to [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] after the match to celebrate their first TTL victory. But since they had lost the match to [b]Team Dynasty 2000[/b] instead she had another surprise for them. On cue, [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] rushed the ring and busted up both members of the Blondes, leaving Belushi flat-out in the center of the ring and Stantz face-down at ringside in a pool of his own blood when it was all over. It was a shocking act of violence and the fans weren’t ready for it. Potter and the Bumfholes stayed in the ring and continued to hug each other to ferocious booing from the crowd as medics cleared the area of the Blondes. Grade: F+ [u]The Amazing Bumfholes vs. The Can-Am Blondes[/u] The announcement that [b]Hannah Potter[/b] had dropped [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] came as a shock to [b]The Can-Am Blondes[/b] as well, who thought they had a mutual understanding in place with Potter which would see her sabotage the Melbournes as the season went on. But she wagged a finger at both [b]Owen Love[/b] and [b]The Natural[/b] as the Can-Ams came down to ringside in their Can-Am racer. The bewildered Can-Am Blondes were just never in the match and [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] simply toyed with them before [b]Randy[/b] hit a Bumfhole Buster on Love. [b]Zimmy[/b] stood out as being good in this match. Winner: The Amazing Bumfholes @ 12:22 Grade: D+ [u]Dos Phoenix vs. Above & Below[/u] This was a wonderful match with plenty of world-class high-flying action and chain wrestling on display but seemed to go overly long. The fans took a dump on [b]Phoenix II[/b] being out there for so long as his limitations in the ring became clear as the contest progressed passed the 12 minute mark. [b]Dos Phoenix[/b] held it together pretty well and manager [b]Phoenix I[/b] did some good work at ringside encouraging his charges to work together but in the end [b]Emerald Angel[/b] got the result with an Angel Fury on [b]Phoenix III.[/b] [b]Hell Monkey[/b] came out of the match looking really good after a top-notch display. Winner: Above & Below @ 20:21 Grade: D Show Grade: D The card likely hurt the TTL’s popularity overall. [b][u]TTL Season One Current Standings (Wins/Draws/Losses):[/b][/u] 1. The New Wave (2-0-0 4 pts.) 2. High Concept (1-0-0 2 pts.) 3. The Machines (1-0-0 2 pts.) 4. The DeColt Brothers (1-0-0 2 pts.) 5. The Rebellion (1-0-0 2 pts.) 6. Sexual Aggression (1-0-0 2 pts.) 7. Above & Below (1-0-0 2 pts.) 8. Samoan Demolition (1-0-1 2 pts.) 9. The Amazing Bumfholes (1-0-1 2 pts.) 10. Team Dynasty 2000 (1-0-1 2 pts.) 11. The Melbourne Blondes (0-0-1 0 pts.) 12. The Can-Am Blondes (0-0-1 0 pts.) 13. The Avalanche Effect (0-0-1 0 pts.) 14. The Shooters (0-0-1 0 pts.) 15. Dos Phoenix (0-0-2 0 pts.) 16. Double Dutch (0-0-2 0 pts.)

Here are the current standings in the "Weekly Picks;" Congrats to [b]Tweek It[/b] who went a perfect 5-0! [u]WEEKLY QUICK PICKS (THIS WEEK)[/u] Tweek It (5-0) Phantom Stranger (4-1) Kovic (4-1) Hyde Hill (4-1) Rathen4 (4-1) kowalewski (3-2) [u]WEEKLY QUICK PICKS OVERALL[/u] Phantom Stranger (9-2) Kovic (9-2) Hyde Hill (8-3) Tweek It (8-3) Rathen4 (7-4) Astil (5-1) kowalewski (3-2) Jaded (3-3)

End of Week Meeting [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TheGrandAvatar.jpg[/IMG] As soon as the horribly named Matchday One/Two had been completed I text messages [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] and told him that we needed to schedule a meeting at my office. I said that I wanted to see him the next day, but he was so amped up from the card that he decided to drive straight from the McGaw Arena to my Princeton office. I sat there again, in my plush leather chair in my dimly lit office chewing the end of a fine Cuban cigar. This was starting to become routine. “So I think I finally see what you’re doing,” I stated bluntly to cut the uneasy silence, “I’m not sure that it’s working.” Surge shifted himself anxiously in his seat. He reached for his glass of whiskey and water but didn’t interject. “Why did you call it ‘Matchday One/Two?’” I quizzed in a rhetorical manner. “Was that your call? Why not just call it ‘Matchday I Don’t Know What I’m Doing?’” Surge sighed and took a gulp of his drink. The commissioner took a deep breath and exhaled slowly and began to look much calmer. He pulled a washcloth from a hotel out of his jacket pocket and used it to wipe his brow. I thought it was odd that he had a towel and not a proper handkerchief considering his natty suit. “What happened with [b]The New Wave?[/b]” I asked. “I thought they were supposed to do a job?” “I don’t know what happened with The New Wave,” Surge finally replied in an immediate, annoyed tone that belied his clam, “it was worked out. I’m in some kinda trouble now, ya know? Money was moving on that match. I don’t know… I’m trying to run the league clean and things are just getting a little heavy right now.” I didn’t respond. Instead I puffed the cigar and began a new line of questioning. “Why was [b]Hannah Potter[/b] all over the card?” I questioned. “People like her,” he answered. “[i]People[/i] like her?” I responded, “Jim? [i]People?[/i] Or do [i]you[/i] like her? Because I heard that whole turn on [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] was one of the poorest executed farces in modern wrestling history.” “Ouch,” Surge replied. “Hey I saw the numbers too; when she was standing around looking damn good at the beginning of the show no one seemed to complain.” “That’s right,” I nodded, “but that was only the beginning for her overexposure. I’m telling you right now you cannot keep featuring her, especially not yet while people don’t even know her well.” “Yeah,” Surge rebutted, “but the iron is hot right now. I’ll tone it down for sure but she has to be out there because a bunch of teams still want her as their manager!” I nodded in approval of the compromise. “Well, you’ve got great passion for this. But I’m not convinced you know exactly what you’re doing. I’ve sunk nearly five million dollars into this league and thus far it doesn’t seem to me like we’re off to a very good start. I know there’s only so much you can do with the schedule as it is but at least make sure the few angles you do book work out! Where was [b]Joe Sexy[/b] when [b]Sexual Aggression[/b] won the opening match of their TTL campaign? Why nothing with [b]Mushashibo[/b] when he was a one man show?” Surge’s head dropped. “I have some more news for you,” I said, throwing vinegar on an open wound. “I heard from [b]Rich Eisen[/b] recently, or his representatives to be more accurate. He’s in the process of consulting his new legal team about filing a cease and desist order against us for using the trademarked names [b]“High Concept”[/b] and [b] “The Amazing Bumfholes.”[/b] Surge’s hands covered his face. “Better get this mess headed in the right direction,” I said as I relit my cigar, “because otherwise I’ll find someone who can.”

Matchday Two Preview [CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TTL1.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B]The Tag Team League[/B][/SIZE] [I][SIZE="2"]previews[/SIZE][/I] [SIZE="4"][B]MATCHDAY TWO[/B][/SIZE] [i][size="2"]LIVE! From the McGaw Arena - Saturday, 20 June, 2008[/i][/size] [SIZE="4"]MATCH #12[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/KokiIshibashi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TheIncredibleKoyama-1.jpg[/IMG] [b]vs.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/BillyRobinson_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/DonHenderson_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="red"][b][SIZE="3"]The Avalanche Effect (0-0-1, 0 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR] [b]vs.[/b] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Shooters (0-0-1, 0 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color][/center] On Matchday One [b]The Avalanche Effect[/b] put on a great display but their fluid style was ultimately disrupted by the heavy brawling techniques of [b]Jack DeColt[/b] as [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] went on to victory. [b]The Shooters[/b] too didn't embarrass themselves in their loss to [b]The Rebellion[/b] and if one or two things had gone differently this could be a matchup of unbeaten teams. As it is, neither one will want to join [b]Double Dutch[/b] and [b]Dos Phoenix[/b] at the bottom of the table with two losses so this should be an all-out war right from the start. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #13[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Shimedzu.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Miyamae.jpg[/IMG] [b]vs.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TheNatural_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/OwenLove_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Rebellion (1-0-0, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR] [b]vs.[/b] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Can-Am Blondes (0-0-1, 0 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color][/center] It was said that [b]The Rebellion[/b] "put on a tag-team clinic" against [b]The Shooters[/b] on Matchday One but they still had to work very hard to get both points from the match. [b]Hannah Potter[/b] really threw [b]The Can-Am Blondes[/b] for a loop last week when she showed up in the corner of their opponents [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] and refused to speak to them during their loss despite a previous alliance. Clearly it affected [b]The Natural[/b] and [b]Owen Love[/b] in the ring last week and who knows what Potter will be up to this week, especially with the Bumfholes not on the fixture list. Experts say it will take a completely focused effort for The Can-Ams to trump The Rebellion here; one thing in the Can-Ams' favor is the fact that The Rebellion are coming back from an off-week so might lack sharpness while the Can-Ams were in action just last week. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #14[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/EmeraldAngel.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HellMonkey.jpg[/IMG] [b]vs.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/BlakeBelushi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RickStantz.jpg[/IMG] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]Above[/color] & [color="red"]Below (1-0-0, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [color="red"][size="3"][b]The Melbourne Blondes (0-0-1 0 pts.)[/b][/color][/size][/center] [b]Hannah Potter[/b] was causing all sorts of turmoil last week for teams called "the Blondes," this time not assisting [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] at all despite selecting them to be their manager. Used to the advice and interference of [b]Stephanie Drucker,[/b] The Blondes were mutilated by [b]Team Dynasty 2000[/b] before Potter set them up for a beatdown at the hands of [b]The Amazing Bumfholes.[/b] Now on their own, and against an [b]Above & Below[/b] team coming off a solid win last week, it's not too early to say this may be one of the most important matches of the season for [b]Blake Belushi[/b] and [b]Rick Stantz.[/b] [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #15[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/JackDeColt.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RickyDeColt.jpg[/IMG] [b]vs.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ElmoBenson_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/GrouchoBling_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The DeColt Brothers (1-0-0, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [color="blue"][size="3"][b]High Concept (1-0-0 2 pts.)[/b][/color][/size][/center] The first of two battles of unbeatens on Matchday Two, [b]The DeColts[/b] took care of [b]The Avalanche Effect[/b] while [b]High Concept[/b] upset [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] back on Matchday One. [b]Ricky DeColt[/b] meanwhile remains in the crosshairs of [b]Team Dynasty 2000[/b] superstar [b]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/b] who has hinted this week that he may have a surprise waiting backstage for the young DeColt at the McGaw Arena. High Concept meanwhile are dealing with out of the ring issues as the fallout of possible legal action by SWF owner [b]Rich Eisen,[/b] who is in the process of drafting a cease and desist order for using the trademarked "High Concept" team name, has undoubtedly added a new level of stress to their preparations this week. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #16[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/JoeSexy-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/AngryGilmore-1.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/BrentHill_alt2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HumanArsenal_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]Sexual Aggression (1-0-0, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR] [b]vs.[/b] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Machines (1-0-0, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color][/center] The TTL's mysterious owner told [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] in no uncertain terms that he was to feature more of [b]Joe Sexy,[/b] and what do you know Surge delivers with one of the marquee matchups in the league this season to headline Matchday Two - [b]Sexual Aggression[/b] against [b]The Machines.[/b] Both teams coming off wins in their debut matches only adds to the intensity! The Machines will likely be extra-motivated and look at this as an opportunity to establish themselves as a genuine threat to take the league title against their slightly more popular opponents. Some might say this is the first real test for either team as Sexual Aggression overcame a sluggish start to beat [b]Double Dutch[/b] last week and The Machines took care of a [b]Dos Phoenix[/b] team that refused to work together on Matchday One. Will the off-week last week for The Machines be the difference? _______________________________________________ [u][b]Quick Picks[/u][/b] The Avalanche Effect vs. The Shooters The Rebellion vs. The Can-Am Blondes Above & Below vs. The Melbourne Blondes The DeColt Brothers vs. High Concept Sexual Aggression vs. The Machines

[B]The Avalanche Effect[/B] vs. The Shooters [B]The Rebellion[/B] vs. The Can-Am Blondes [B]Above & Below[/B] vs. The Melbourne Blondes The DeColt Brothers vs. [B]High Concept[/B] [B]Sexual Aggression[/B] vs. The Machines

[B]The Avalanche Effect[/B] vs. The Shooters The Rebellion vs. [B]The Can-Am Blondes[/B] [B]Above & Below[/B] vs. The Melbourne Blondes [B]The DeColt Brothers[/B] vs. High Concept [B]Sexual Aggression[/B] vs. The Machines Nearly all down one side, but it happens. This is a painful round of predictions - as anyone who's seen my Ring of Fire diary can tell, I mark for both Shooters, and I also mark for the Machines. In both cases, however, they're outclassed - as the Shooters are pretty much guaranteed to be along the way. Hoping the Can-Am Blondes get back on track, though.

It may be interesting to note that the High Concept win over the Bumf was actually game determined as I believe the only note I used was "all out." I've been letting the match engine determine about half of the winners per card thus far, although that percentage will drop dramatically when a third of the season is gone after Matchday Five. So it's taken a month but I think I've finally got a routine settled: Matchday Preview TTL: Backstage Pass Matchday Results Quick Pick Standings Matchday Recap Meeting (First person w/ "mysterious owner") Every so often I want to throw in a brief game world update to see how feds have coped with their loss of talent. And eventually it will be cool to see how relegated TTL teams do going back to "normal" feds.

Around the World: SWF Report [size="3"][color="blue"][b][u]SWF Report: June 2008[/b][/u][/size][/color] After [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] spectacularly ditched the SWF belts to sign with the TTL the title stayed vacant for six weeks as [b]Peter Michaels[/b] and [b]Rich Eisen[/b] scrambled to throw a new title scene together. With [b]High Concept[/b] and [b]Sexual Aggression[/b] also off to test themselves in the league, Michaels brought [b]Steven Parker[/b] to the SWF and immediately threw him into a dangerous tag-team with [b]Paul Huntingdon.[/b] Meanwhile [b]The Pain Alliance[/b] of [b]Kurt Laramee[/b] and [b]Big Smack Scott[/b] were being given regular wins over [b]The Biggz Boyz.[/b] The friction between The Pain Alliance and Parker & Huntingdon built up to a showdown at [i]SWF Nothing to Lose[/i] where the Pain Alliance came away with the belts in what was considered the most disappointing match on the card. The creative team immediately split the Parker/Huntingdon team and threw the Pain Alliance straight into a feud with [b]The Samoan Wildboyz.[/b] Recently Parker has been teaming with [b]Fumihiro Ota[/b] after Ota's repeated failed attempts to wrest the SWF Shooting Star title away from [b]Marc DuBois.[/b] DuBois would go on to lose the belt to former CZCW star [b]James Prudence[/b] who has had successful defenses against [b]Matt Sparrow[/b] and [b]Calamari Kid.[/b] [b]Jack Bruce[/b] has had a fairly uninspired reign as World Champion despite his ten defenses although many say his most recent defense against [b]Lobster Warrior[/b] this month at [i]SWF Times of Trouble[/i] was his best match of the year so maybe the tide is turning. [b]Rich Money[/b] has been up and down as North American champion, putting on memorably horrible matches with veteran signee [b]Eric Tyler.[/b] But a recent feud with [b]Brandon James[/b] has been looking very good thus far. SWF World Heavyweight: Jack Bruce (10 defenses) SWF North American: Rich Money (14 defenses) SWF Shooting Star: James Prudence (5 defenses) SWF World Tag Team: The Pain Alliance [Kurt Laramee & Big Smack Scott] (6 defenses)

Around the World: TCW Report [size="3"][b][u]TCW Report: June 2008[/b][/u][/size] In stark contrast to SWF, when TCW World Tag Team Champions [b]The Machines[/b] up and left the promotion with the belts owner [b]Tommy Cornell[/b] and Head Booker [b]Joel Bryant[/b] decided to simply deemphasize the tag-team division. With [b]The New Wave[/b] also leaving TCW for the TTL, [b]Painful Procedure[/b] were nearly handed their third TCW World Tag Team Championship with a victory over [b]Ronnie V. Pain[/b] and [b]Sammy Bach[/b] as Pain simply helped his stablemates destroy Bach in the week after The Machines left the fed. Painful Procedure would only make one defense of the belts over a three month period before losing to current champions [b]No Remorse[/b] on [i]TCW Presents Total Wrestling[/i] back at the end of April. With [b]Rick Law[/b] also capturing the TCW International title from [b]Wolf Hawkins[/b] two weeks before his tag title win, No Remorse have only been booked once since winning the belts, a win in a decent match over [b]Jack Marlowe[/b] and [b]Koshiro Ino[/b] back in May. The highlight of Law's reign thus far was a strong performance against [b]Giant Tana[/b] but none of his defenses have matched his showing in his title win over Hawkins. April seems to have been a great month for TCW as on another episode of [i]TCW Presents Total Wrestling[/i] in the first week of the month TCW World Heavyweight Champion [b]Tommy Cornell[/b] had an early Match of the Year candidate in a thrilling victory over [b]Joey Minnesota.[/b] Fans were salivating at the thought of a big-time feud but Cornell has instead found himself battling former champion [b]Ricky Dale Johnson[/b] in repeated big matches including [i]TCW Total Mayhem 13[/i] in May and [i]TCW Just Another Day[/i] back in March. Over the last six months the TCW All Action title has passed from Sammy Bach to [b]Harry Allen[/b] and now on to [b]Aaron Andrews.[/b] Andrews and Allen are embroiled in a big-time feud as they've squared off no less than seven times in the last two-and-a-half-months with each man getting their fair share of the results. TCW remains the #2 promotion in the world but they seem to be gaining ground on the SWF and indeed are nearly even in popularity in the United States with them. TCW World Heavyweight: Tommy Cornell (10 defenses) TCW International: Rick Law (6 defenses) TCW All Action: Aaron Andrews (3 defenses) TCW World Tag Team: No Remorse [Rick Law & Sammy Bach] (1 defense)

Around the World: PGHW Report [size="3"][color="royalblue"][b][u]PGHW Report: June 2008[/b][/u][/size][/color] It is widely acknowledged that Pride Glory Honor Wrestling's Elite Tag Team Series provided a large part of the inspiration for the full-time Tag Team League. And even though they lost one of the world's biggest stars when [b]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/b] vacated the Glory Crown to bring [b]Team Dynasty 2000[/b] to the TTL, they have surpassed BHOTWG (who dropped to cult) to become the #3 promotion in the world. Since the departure of Mushashibo and his partner (and former two-time Glory Crown holder) [b]Shuji Inukai,[/b] the fed has belonged to [b]Nobuatsu Tatsuko[/b] who picked up his second Glory Crown in the first week of March with a win over [b]PRIDE Koiso[/b] and then a week later cemented his spot as the fed's main superstar by winning the PGHW Elite Series for the second time in four years. Tatsuko has had four legendary title defenses against [b]Eisaku Kunomasu,[/b] each one could be a Match of the Year candidate and each one seemingly better than the last. Overall Tatsuko has made an impressive 15 defenses, with Kunomasu and Koiso as his main foils. [b]Alexander Robinson[/b] winning and now holding the PGHW Historical Japan belt for 16 defenses has given him all sorts of heat in the Far East. Robinson has been taking on all comers but lately it seems that [b]Danger Kumasaka[/b] has emerged as the top contender. The Glory Tag Crown right now seems to be designed to make [b]Akinori Kwakami[/b] a star. After initially teaming up with former tag champion [b]Kozue Kawashima[/b] to build some momentum, he ditched Kawashima for Alexander Robinson and went on to capture the belts from [b]Ryoma Muruyama[/b] and [b]Masaru Ugaki[/b] at the beginning of April. The team has made four defenses thus far and are looking forward to November's Elite Tag Team Series. [b]KitoGuchi[/b] appear to be the top contenders to the straps right now. PGHW Glory Crown: Nobuatsu Tatsuko (15 defenses) PGHW Historical Japan: Alexander Robinson (16 defenses) PGHW Glory Tag Crown: Akinori Kwakami & Alexander Robinson (4 defenses) PGHW Elite Series: Nobuatso Tatsuko PGHW Elite Tag Team Series: TBD - November 2008 [i]NOTE: I'm only going to recap a few feds each time to just give a general overview of how the industry looks. If you have any questions about specific promotions or workers let me know.[/i]

TTL: Backstage Pass #3 [CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ttlBP.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Random_Male36.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="1"][b]by Tom Core[/b][/SIZE] [u][b]Welcome![/b][/u] This week's welcome note goes out to the TTL's own [b]Commissioner Jim Surge.[/b] With several major factors playing against Surge going into this week including two previously solid-but-underwhelming cards and the threat of legal action by [b]Rich Eisen,[/b] Surge has apparently gone missing this week. He missed the pre-production meeting for Matchday Two and has been unreachable through phone or email all week. The TTL's mysterious owner said he spoke with Surge directly after last week's card and that was the last time he saw him. With the league about to kick off its first full 16-team, 8-match card next week the timing probably couldn't be worse. I for one send my prayers and good vibes out to Mr. Surge; I'm sure once he figure out whatever he needs to figure out everything will be fine. However, after last week's strange on-camera confrontation with [b]Randy Bumfhole,[/b] there is speculation backstage that Randy may have done something to Surge this week. Both Randy and his brother [b]Zimmy[/b] have declined all requests to comment except to laugh when told that Surge may be missing. [b][u]Stephanie Drucker Watch[/b][/u] All talks about [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] managing a modified [b]Dos Phoenix[/b] lineup seem to have died when she didn't appear at ringside during their loss last week to [b]Above & Below.[/b] In fact, Drucker didn't show up on screen once last week despite reports that she was in the McGaw Arena to meet with [b]The Natural[/b] and [b]Owen Love.[/b] With both [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] and [b]The Can-Am Blondes[/b] in action this week there's a good chance that if Drucker doesn't come out with one team or the other that her days in the TTL may be numbered. A hot new rumor concerning Drucker though is that "Golden Boy" [b]Ricky DeColt[/b] has been chatting her up lately and the pair was actually spotted out together earlier this week looking very cozy at a New York City club. [b][u]The Bumfpot[/b][/u] Despite some solid in-ring action, the biggest news to come out of last week was [b]Hannah Potter[/b] working with [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] to orchestrate an ambush of [b]The Melbourne Blondes.[/b] The brutal and prolonged attack made history as [b]Rick Stantz[/b] became the first man ever to bleed at a TTL show. The crowd seemed totally shocked by the attack but not so upset that they actually supported the Melbournes, most fans instead shouted insults and threw popcorn, candies, and water bottles at Stantz and [b]Blake Belushi[/b] as they laid motionless after the attack. Potter has been trying to stay low-key this week with the Bumfholes getting the week off, but with the banged-up Melbournes in action one has to wonder if Potter will be far away. [b][u]Standings Watch[/b][/u] It's still awfully early days but [b]The New Wave[/b] find themselves atop the standings with an unblemished record after their first two matches of the season. They'll likely be joined at the top this week by a few more teams who will make up their matches in hand. [b]The DeColt Brothers, High Concept, Sexual Aggression,[/b] and [b]The Machines[/b] all won their initial match, as did [b]The Rebellion[/b] and [b]Above and Below.[/b] With the DeColts facing High Concept and Sexual Aggression up against The Machines there's likely to be at least two less unbeaten teams. On the flip side, a few teams are in danger of joining [b]Double Dutch[/b] and [b]Dos Phoenix[/b] at the bottom of the standings this week with two losses. [b]The Avalanche Effect, The Shooters, The Can-Am Blondes[/b] and [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] will all likely be doing whatever they can to avoid that fate. [b][u]Quick Hits[/b][/u] [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] is missing! Matchday Two features two battles of unbeatens and one matchup of winless teams. Nothing seems to have come from last week's bust-up between Road Agent [b]Larry Vessey[/b] and referee [b]Ryan Holland.[/b] With [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] missing all week it seems he had no time for disciplinary measures. No one knows what Surge and [b]Randy Bumfhole[/b] were discussing last week, nor if [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] had a hand in Surge's disappearance. If [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] doesn't appear at Matchday Two she will likely be released.

Matchday Two Results [center][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TTL2.jpg[/IMG][/center] [SIZE="5"][B]The Tag Team League[/B][/SIZE] [I][SIZE="2"]presents[/SIZE][/I] [SIZE="4"][B]MATCHDAY TWO[/B][/SIZE] [i][size="2"]Saturday, 20th June, 2008 LIVE! From the McGaw Arena – 1,358 in attendance[/i][/size] [u]The Avalanche Effect vs. The Shooters[/u] [b]The Shooters[/b] lost to a Japanese team for the second time in as many tries as [b]KOKI Ishibashi[/b] and [b]The Incredible KOYAMA[/b] personified their team name with a performance that started off with barley a whimper and ended with a dazzling array of flying double dropkicks and moonsaults. Despite the victory and despite personally getting the result with an Incredible Death Spike on [b]Don Henderson,[/b] KOYAMA actually looked off his game for most of the match after being caught in the jaw right at the beginning by a vicious [b]Billy Robinson[/b] spinning kick. [b]The Avalanche Effect[/b] sprinted back to the backroom after their victory leaving The Shooters to wonder where it all went wrong. Winners: Avalanche Effect @ 8:32 Grade: E+ [u]All Hail the… King?[/u] The camera then quickly cut to [b]King Malietoa[/b] of [b]Samoan Demolition[/b] lumbering backstage up to [b]Commissioner Jim Surge’s[/b] office door. Malietoa found the door open and no commissioner inside. Someone off-camera told Malietoa that Surge had been missing all week and the giant Samoan stood there perplexed for a few long moments not understanding any of the English. The segment became even more awkward when Malietoa attempted to pose menacingly because the cameraman became scared and dropped the camera on the ground. The picture stayed on Malietoa’s giant feet for another four minutes which was more than long enough for the fans at McGaw to completely turn on the segment. Grade: E+ [u]The Rebellion vs. The Can-Am Blondes[/u] After that horrible segment fans were longing for [b]Hannah Potter[/b] as just about anything would have been an improvement. When the bell rang for this next match most of the fans were still at the bathrooms or concession stands, needing to clear their heads from staring at [b]King Malietoa’s[/b] feet for so long. When they got back to their seats they would have seen another top-notch performance from [b]The Rebellion[/b] as they never looked seriously threatened by the Potterless [b]Can-Ams.[/b] To his credit, [b]The Natural[/b] tried to use some of the brawling tactics that seem to have thrown off Japanese teams here in the TTL and came out of the match looking well but [b]Miyamae[/b] and [b]Shimedzu[/b] were far too smooth in the ring and seemed to anticipate and absorb everything in perfect stride. Miyame ended up the victor after a Miyamae Spoiler on The Natural. Winners: The Rebellion @ 11:56 Grade: D [u]Video Package[/u] A video package played which showed [b]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/b] shoving [b]Ricky DeColt[/b] out of the way at the TTL’s first press conference and the scuffle that ensued directly afterwards. Highlights of both Ricky and Yoshimi were played in quick succession and then the video ended abruptly. The fans immediately went berserk with rage since the video didn’t say for sure if [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] and [b]Team Dynasty 2000[/b] would face each other next week at Matchday Three. All manner of beverage and snack food made their way through the air in what is becoming a regular occurrence at TTL events. One guy was hit in the face with the cheese side of a slice of pizza – it was highly unnecessary. Grade: E+ [u]Above & Below vs. The Melbourne Blondes[/u] This match had the potential to be a huge sleeper match but it just never materialized. [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] had a very definitive plan going into the match to work over [b]Emerald Angel[/b] early and often to ground the incredible high-flyer and they did so, whether he was the legal man in the ring or standing on the ring apron. But it was the craftiness of [b]Hell Monkey[/b] that single-handedly turned the tide and Angel was finally re-energized at the end of the match to defeat [b]Blake Belushi[/b] with an Angel Fury. When Hell Monkey went to raise his arms with Angel’s after the match Angel pushed his partner away, clearly telling Monkey not to touch him. The Melbournes meanwhile were distracted all night – both Belushi and [b]Rick Stantz[/b] kept looking towards the backstage curtain all night half-expecting [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] to come down and join them at ringside. She never did. Winners: Above & Below @ 9:19 Grade: D [u]The DeColt Brothers vs. High Concept[/u] One of the two “big matches” on Matchday Two left the crowd wanting in the end. I don’t think anyone in the arena thought that [b]Ricky DeColt[/b] would end up being pinned prior to [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] facing [b]Team Dynasty 2000[/b] but it happened here as [b]High Concept[/b] continued their inspired beginning to the season and [b]Benny Benson[/b] used the Shockwave From Next Year to get the win. Ricky DeColt seemed furious in the ring after the match and thrashed the ropes madly with both arms before [b]Jack DeColt[/b] was able to calm his young brother down. DeColt’s display definitely took the moment away from what should have been a happy Benson and [b]Greg Black[/b] but High Concept instead retired to the backroom muttering to themselves under their breath. Winners: High Concept @ 14:48 Grade: C- [u]Joe Sexy Arrives[/u] The scene cut to the outside car park where a limo pulled up and [b]Joe Sexy[/b] exited. Joe signed a few autographs from fans leaning over a police barrier before being whisked away into the arena’s worker entrance by security. Grade: C+ [u]Sexual Aggression vs. The Machines[/u] Another early-season classic bout that somewhat under-delivered, [b]The Machines[/b] and [b]Sexual Aggression[/b] went toe-to-toe to open the match as all four men were clearly going all out from the start. Both teams took each others’ best attacks with [b]Brent Hill[/b] and [b]Angry Gilmore[/b] absorbing most of the punishment for their teams respectively. Towards the 12-minute mark referee [b]Jez McArthur[/b] was hit accidentally and struggled to regain his composure. Gilmore and [b]Joe Sexy[/b] took advantage of the situation when they launched [b]John Anderson[/b] off of the ring apron and through the announce table. With Hill on his own and the ref down, Sexy and Gilmore battered him with double team moves before Gilmore helped McArthur back up and ended the match with an Anger Management. Winners: Sexual Aggression @ 15:41 Grade: C Show Grade: D+ The card likely hurt the TTL’s popularity overall. [b][u]TTL Season One Current Standings (Wins/Draws/Losses):[/b][/u] 1. The New Wave (2-0-0 4 pts.) 2. High Concept (2-0-0 4 pts.) 3. The Rebellion (2-0-0 4 pts.) 4. Sexual Aggression (2-0-0 4 pts.) 5. Above & Below (2-0-0 4 pts.) 6. The Machines (1-0-1 2 pts.) 7. The DeColt Brothers (1-0-1 2 pts.) 8. Samoan Demolition (1-0-1 2 pts.) 9. The Amazing Bumfholes (1-0-1 2 pts.) 10. Team Dynasty 2000 (1-0-1 2 pts.) 11. The Avalanche Effect (1-0-1 2 pts.) 12. The Melbourne Blondes (0-0-2 0 pts.) 13. The Can-Am Blondes (0-0-2 0 pts.) 14. The Shooters (0-0-2 0 pts.) 15. Dos Phoenix (0-0-2 0 pts.) 16. Double Dutch (0-0-2 0 pts.) [u]Post-Show Flare Up[/u] After the show was over, [b]Emerald Angel[/b] of [b]Above & Below[/b] at first provoked and then attacked [b]Miyamae[/b] of [b]The Rebellion[/b] leading to a fight that needed to be broken up by their partners and road agents [b]Robert Oxford[/b] and [b]Larry Vessey.[/b] The argument apparently broke out because Miyamae commented that the only reason Angel and [b]Hell Monkey[/b] are in the TTL is because [b]KOKI Ishibashi[/b] of [b]The Avalanche Effect[/b] is Angel’s brother, and that it was a condition of hiring The Avalanche Effect that Above & Below come too. In the absence of [b]Commissioner Jim Surge,[/b] Vessey and Oxford tried to deliver a stern warning to Emerald Angel to watch his behavior but Angel reportedly replied: "whatever" before walking away. More on this as it develops.

A perfect score for the second straight week, this time it's [b]Kovic[/b] doing the trick. It is Kovic's first outright win (he tied [b]Phantom Stranger[/b] and [b]Astil[/b] with a 5-1 back on Matchday One). Here are the current standings: [u]WEEKLY QUICK PICKS (THIS WEEK)[/u] Kovic (5-0) petecrimson00 (3-2) Phantom Stranger (3-2) Hyde Hill (3-2) Tweek It (2-3) kowalewski (2-3) [u]WEEKLY QUICK PICKS OVERALL[/u] Kovic (14-2) Phantom Stranger (12-4) Hyde Hill (11-5) Tweek It (10-6) Rathen4 (7-4) kowalewski (6-6) Astil (5-1) petecrimson00 (3-2) Jaded (3-3) [i]Hope you're enjoying the ride thus far... tons of subplots running right now. I know I said I would switch to full shows after this week but I think I'm going to stick with the current results style for the sake of uniformity. I've got other feds in mind for full-show write-ups after this first season completes. Hope you don't mind. PC[/i]

End of Week Meeting [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TheGrandAvatar.jpg[/IMG] Again I sat there behind a massive mahogany desk in my plush leather chair chewing the end of a fine Cuban cigar as a lazy plume of smoke slowly made its way to the ceiling. The Princeton, New Jersey office of the Tag-Team League remained as dimly lit as ever as I fingered some of the sweat forming on the outside of my Bombay Sapphire and tonic-filled crystal high-ball. [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] had not checked in with me for nearly an entire week. As the minutes ticked away until Matchday Three I had to start developing some backup plans and before I went to the TTL’s Road Agents [b]Robert Oxford[/b] or [b]Larry Vessey[/b] I wanted to make sure that I had a handle on what was going on so I decided to call in one of my plants inside the league to get an update. [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HannahPotter.jpg[/IMG] “You know,” Hannah said as she crossed her legs seductively in her chair, “no one I’ve spoken with has any idea what’s going on. This might be an outside job.” “I had my suspicions,” I nodded. “As soon as [b]The New Wave[/b] decided that they wouldn’t do as they were told I knew Surge would probably have to pay a price. There was a ton of money suddenly riding on the match we’ve got to be supremely careful about that going forward I’ve had to deal with morons from the UK Gambling Commission and the Nevada Gaming Commission all day today.” “What about New Jersey?” Potter asked as she batted her eyes flirtatiously. I was certain she already knew the answer and wanted me to say it aloud. “I thought you said Atlantic City had a lot of action too?” “New Jersey is handled,” I said. “I actually have a little juice of my own after all…” “I bet you do,” Potter interrupted, now clearly pushing the boundaries of our employer/employee relationship. The combination of this sweet young pixie and good gin was enough to make me feel a bit overheated. I began to loosen my tie and I looked her straight in the eyes as I kept the talk all business. “Are your boys ready for this week?” I asked. “I need this to be an important message to [b]Guide[/b] and [b]Scout[/b] so that the rest of the roster understands what’s going on.” “They’ll do whatever I say,” Potter purred deviously. “[b]Randy[/b] has a real mean streak that I hadn’t seen before this week; he came up with the attack nearly on his own once I planted the idea. He was practically laughing as he described it to me.” “Good,” I nodded. “You better watch yourself though, it seems all the men around here are under your spell.” “Oh,” Potter smiled as she flicked back her hair, “does that include you?” It’s a good thing my face was obscured by the shadows because she couldn’t catch me blushing. I took a long gulp of my drink. “I meant Surge,” I said. “You know he wants to push you to the moon even though the TTL crowd seems to like to throw bits of their snacks at you!” “Yeah, I needed the break last week didn’t I?” Potter reluctantly agreed, her mood turning from playful to serious for the first time. “It wasn’t my fault I was just doing what…” “I know, I know,” I said reassuringly, “believe me I know you weren’t booking yourself. Surge has been trying to be the master of puppets here by seeing to every detail but with him missing I’m just trying to make sure the basics are covered and that you and I are on the same page for this coming week.” “I’m always on the same page as you, boss,” Potter purred again, facetiously back to her eye-batting best. I rolled my eyes but eventually smiled; this young vixen certainly had a winning personality even if her directness couldn't ever be described as classically charming. “You’re wondering about the finances, right?” “You read my mind,” I replied. “Everything has been kosher,” she replied. “Nothing has been spent this week since Surge has been gone and prior to that I haven’t heard of or witnessed any shady side-deals. He has been trying to make [b]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/b] his ally behind-the-scenes though. I’ve walked in on him speaking with Yosh several times and it always ends abruptly when I appear. But nothing strange that I’ve seen, and as I’m sure you know the bulk of the TTL money is secure where it is. As of this morning nothing had changed, your approval is still required for any transaction.” This wasn’t exactly a trusted endorsement from a trained, high-profile accountant this was the word of an 18-year old minx hired almost entirely because of her looks but it would have to do, for now. “Thanks Hannah,” I said. “Any time,” she said coyly as she stood up and made her way over to the door and opened it. “Hopefully once all this sneaking around is over we can actually sit down and really talk again, like we did when you roped me into this K-5 jones!” “We'll talk,” I replied, but she was already out the door and down the hallway to hear a reply.

[QUOTE=Purple Cowboy;485025]A perfect score for the second straight week, this time it's [b]Kovic[/b] doing the trick. It is Kovic's first outright win (he tied [b]Phantom Stranger[/b] and [b]Astil[/b] with a 5-1 back on Matchday One). Here are the current standings: [u]WEEKLY QUICK PICKS (THIS WEEK)[/u] Kovic (5-0) Phantom Stranger (3-2) Hyde Hill (3-2) Tweek It (2-3) kowalewski (2-3) [u]WEEKLY QUICK PICKS OVERALL[/u] Kovic (14-2) Phantom Stranger (12-4) Hyde Hill (11-5) Tweek It (10-6) Rathen4 (7-4) kowalewski (6-6) Astil (5-1) Jaded (3-3) [i]Hope you're enjoying the ride thus far... tons of subplots running right now. I know I said I would switch to full shows after this week but I think I'm going to stick with the current results style for the sake of uniformity. I've got other feds in mind for full-show write-ups after this first season completes. Hope you don't mind. PC[/i][/QUOTE] hey u forgot me! lol. i went 4-1 this week

Matchday Three Preview [center] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TTLcopy.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B]The Tag Team League[/B][/SIZE] [I][SIZE="2"]previews[/SIZE][/I] [SIZE="4"][B]MATCHDAY THREE[/B][/SIZE] [i][size="2"]LIVE! From the McGaw Arena – Saturday, 27th June, 2008[/i][/size] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RandomMale_altmic.jpg[/IMG] [/center] Will the whereabouts about [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] become known this week? Speculation abounds regarding the TTL’s founder and the nature of his disappearance last week. Teams are becoming uneasy and the league’s mysterious owner has been calling in favors to see what’s going on behind-the-scenes and to check up on the roster in the Commissioner’s absence. Another hot rumor is the possibility that the owner will reveal himself at the show this week, especially if Surge is nowhere to be found. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #17[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/JackDeColt.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RickyDeColt.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Shimedzu.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Miyamae.jpg[/IMG] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The DeColt Brothers (1-0-1, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Rebellion (2-0-0, 4 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] TTL gets serious this week on Matchday Three as all sixteen of the world’s greatest tag-teams will be in action for the first time on the same card. The experts predict that long-view team tactics will begin to play a larger role in the outcomes of matches starting with this week. The next thirteen weeks are going to be a brutal test of determination and skill and the gauntlet kicks off with [b]The Rebellion[/b] putting their modest unbeaten streak on the line against a [b]DeColt Brothers[/b] team coming off an upset loss to [b]High Concept. Ricky DeColt[/b] in particular will have a lot to prove but with [b]Shimedzu[/b] and [b]Miyamae[/b] wrestling at a very consistent level thus far they must come into this match as the slight favorites. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #18[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/YoshimiMushashibo.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ShujiInukai.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TheNatural_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/OwenLove_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [color="red"][b][SIZE="3"]Team Dynasty 2000 (1-0-1, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Can-Am Blondes (0-0-2, 0 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] [b]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/b] lived up to his billing as one of the best wrestlers in the world in his last outing as he single-handedly thrashed [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] and has somehow managed to become a breakout star on his own in a fed consisting only of tag-teams. The rowdy TTL crowds have been cheering the no-nonsense superstar more and more despite his protests. The team he’s facing this week, [b]The Can-Am Blondes,[/b] are in need of at least one point from this match to get their season back on track. [b]Owen Love[/b] let slip that he and [b]The Natural[/b] may try to hold out for a time-limit draw as a tactic in this match. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #19[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RuudVanAnger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/FrankDePain_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/BlakeBelushi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RickStantz.jpg[/IMG] [color="red"][b][SIZE="3"]Double Dutch (0-0-2, 0 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="red"][b][SIZE="3"]The Melbourne Blondes (0-0-2, 0 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] The stakes couldn’t be higher here as both teams desperately need to get off the mark. There have even been backstage rumors of collusion between the two teams to try and work a draw finish that would net each team a much needed point. But you’d have to figure that after [b]Hannah Potter’s[/b] scam and [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] M.I.A. with her continued employment with the TTL in the balance that [b]Blake Belushi[/b] and [b]Rick Stantz[/b] might come out with something to prove. A lot of frustration has built up in just three weeks… this one just might go off. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #20[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Phoenix2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Phoenix3.jpg[/IMG] [b]w/[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Phoenix.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/KingMalietoa.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TheBrisbaneDevil.jpg[/IMG] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]Dos Phoenix w/ manager Phoenix I (0-0-2, 0 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="red"][b][SIZE="3"]Samoan Demolition (1-0-1, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] [b]Dos Phoenix[/b] may have overcome their internal differences back on Matchday One/Two despite their defeat against [b]Above & Below,[/b] but it’s not going to get any better for them as they match up against a [b]Samoan Demolition[/b] squad out to prove that their Matchday One victory over [b]Double Dutch[/b] was no fluke. [b]King Malietoa[/b] searching for [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] and the subsequent close-up on the king’s toes was enough to turn the entire crowd against him last week and [b]Phoenix II[/b] is still getting heat from fans for his recent mistreatment of teammate [b]Phoenix III.[/b] It’s a match-up of mixed emotions and mixed intentions as everyone continues to wonder why the King was looking for Surge in the first place. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #21[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/KokiIshibashi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TheIncredibleKoyama-1.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/JoeSexy-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/AngryGilmore-1.jpg[/IMG] [color="red"][b][SIZE="3"]The Avalanche Effect (1-0-1, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]Sexual Aggression (2-0-0, 4 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] [b]The Avalanche Effect[/b] scored a big win last week over [b]The Shooters[/b] despite the fact that [b]The Incredible KOYAMA[/b] looked off his game after being caught out by [b]Billy Robinson.[/b] [b]Sexual Aggression’s[/b] huge win last week over [b]The Machines[/b] proved their Matchday One/Two victory over [b]Double Dutch[/b] was no fluke and solidified them in the minds of many fans as a title contender. [b]Angry Gilmore’s[/b] matwork is certainly going to be tested this week against the smaller, quicker Avalanche Effect. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #22[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/BrentHill_alt2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HumanArsenal_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/BillyRobinson_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/DonHenderson_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Machines (1-0-1, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Shooters (0-0-2, 0 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] Another critical match for its participants in this one as [b]The Machines[/b] look to bounce back quickly from their loss to [b]Sexual Aggression[/b] last week while [b]The Shooters,[/b] who have looked strong in the ring despite losses to [b]The Avalanche Effect[/b] and [b]The Rebellion,[/b] look to finally finish a match to the good. [b]Billy Robinson[/b] and [b]Don Henderson[/b] are said to be confident that their style will be much more of a match-up problem for The Machines than it was for the Japanese teams. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #23[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RandyBumfole_alt2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ZimmyBumfhole_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [b]w/[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HannahPotter.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/EmeraldAngel.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HellMonkey.jpg[/IMG] [color="red"][b][SIZE="3"]The Amazing Bumfholes w/ manager Hannah Potter (1-0-1, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]Above &[/color] [color="red"]Below (2-0-0, 4 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] [b]Hannah Potter[/b] will have to be at her bewitching best as [b]Randy[/b] and [b]Zimmy Bumfhole[/b] go up against the unbeaten [b]Above & Below[/b] tandem. Randy Bumfhole has intimated this week that Above & Below’s victories have come over teams in turmoil ([b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] and [b]Dos Phoenix[/b]) and that this week will be a vastly different story. [b]Emerald Angel[/b] meanwhile was involved in a backstage brouhaha last week with [b]Miyamae[/b] of [b]The Rebellion[/b] and has commented to TTL announcer [b]Tom Core[/b] that he’s “on the chip” this week and ready for an in-ring war. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #24[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ElmoBenson_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/GrouchoBling_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Guide.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Scout.jpg[/IMG] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]High Concept (2-0-0, 4 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The New Wave (2-0-0, 4 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] A battle of unbeatens headlines Matchday Three as [b]High Concept[/b] squares off against [b]The New Wave.[/b] Observers will be quick to point out that [b]Benson Crane[/b] and [b]Greg Black[/b] have impressively defeated [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] and [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] already in TTL action but [b]Guide[/b] and [b]Scout[/b] probably have the biggest overall victory in the league thus far after they upset [b]Team Dynasty 2000[/b] on Matchday One. The legal flap over the continued use of the “High Concept” team name seems to have had zero impact on Crane and Black in the ring and the duo just continues to quietly go about their business in the most professional manner. _______________________________________________ [u][b]Quick Picks[/u][/b] The DeColt Brothers vs. The Rebellion Team Dynasty 2000 vs. The Can-Am Blondes Double Dutch vs. The Melbourne Blondes Dos Phoenix vs. Samoan Demolition The Avalanche Effect vs. Sexual Aggression The Machines vs. The Shooters The Amazing Bumfholes vs. Above & Below High Concept vs. The New Wave

[B]The DeColt Brothers[/B] vs. The Rebellion [B]Team Dynasty 2000[/B] vs. The Can-Am Blondes [B]Double Dutch[/B] vs. The Melbourne Blondes [B]Dos Phoenix[/B] vs. Samoan Demolition The Avalanche Effect vs. [B]Sexual Aggression[/B] [B]The Machines[/B] vs. The Shooters The Amazing Bumfholes vs. [B]Above & Below[/B] High Concept vs. [B]The New Wave[/B] New Wave stay strong, the Shooters are effortlessly outclassed, coin flip on DD/Blondes, Dos Phoenix deserve the win against Demolition. Much of the rest could go either way, so I'm voting with my heart. I'd do that with the Shooters but much as I love them they're utterly outclassed.

Archived