the Tag Team League

The DeColt Brothers vs. [B]The Rebellion[/B] [B]Team Dynasty 2000[/B] vs. The Can-Am Blondes Double Dutch vs. [B]The Melbourne Blondes[/B] [B]Dos Phoenix[/B] vs. Samoan Demolition The Avalanche Effect vs. [B]Sexual Aggression[/B] [B]The Machines[/B] vs. The Shooters [B]The Amazing Bumfholes[/B] vs. Above & Below High Concept vs. [B]The New Wave[/B]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The DeColt Brothers vs. [B]The Rebellion[/B] [B]Team Dynasty 2000[/B] vs. The Can-Am Blondes [B]Double Dutch[/B] vs. The Melbourne Blondes Dos Phoenix vs. [B]Samoan Demolition[/B] The Avalanche Effect vs. [B]Sexual Aggression[/B] [B]The Machines[/B] vs. The Shooters [B]The Amazing Bumfholes[/B] vs. Above & Below High Concept vs. [B]The New Wave[/B]

I know you'll all be gutted to learn that I'm going to be away on holiday for the next several days since there is a national holiday next Monday in the U.S.. So for me it is back to merry old Nottingham to see the grandparents, hopefully with a side trip to Molineux on Saturday to see Forest smash Wolves if I can get my grubby hands on an away ticket. I'll have my lappy with me but there's no router at grandpa's so we'll see how it goes; this thread may be silent until Monday.

[B]The DeColt Brothers[/B] vs. The Rebellion [B]Team Dynasty 2000[/B] vs. The Can-Am Blondes Double Dutch vs. [B]The Melbourne Blondes[/B] Dos Phoenix vs. [B]Samoan Demolition[/B] The Avalanche Effect vs. [B]Sexual Aggression[/B] [B]The Machines[/B] vs. The Shooters [B]The Amazing Bumfholes[/B] vs. Above & Below High Concept vs. [B]The New Wave[/B]

Backstage Pass #4 [CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ttlBP.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Random_Male36.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="1"][b]by Tom Core[/b][/SIZE] [u][b]Welcome![/b][/u] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Random_Male52.jpg[/IMG] IT'S now been well over a week that [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] has been missing in action so this week’s message must once again go out to the Commish, wherever he is. Shortly before he went missing it was reported that a large amount of gambling money came in late riding on [b]Samoan Demolition[/b] to defeat [b]The New Wave[/b] on Matchday One/Two. At that same show not only did The New Wave score a flash pinfall win against the run of the match to beat the Samoans, but [b]Randy Bumfhole[/b] got into a heated discussion and shoved Surge before returning to his locker room and slamming the door. In Surge’s absence the TTL’s mysterious owner has been rumored to be operating behind the scenes with the intention of sending a message to The New Wave. Meanwhile, Randy Bumfhole has repeatedly denied any involvement in the Commissioner’s disappearance but he and his brother have hardly been the most trustworthy of men since their arrival in the Tag-Team League. Will Surge resurface this week? Where has he been and why? Stay tuned for Matchday Three and find out! [b][u]Rich Eisen Presses On With Legal Action[/b][/u] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RichardEisen.jpg[/IMG] Despite the TTL’s outstanding legal team a trademark is, after all, a trademark as SWF owner [b]Rich Eisen[/b] has been granted a temporary injunction against the TTL regarding the continued use of the trademarked tag-team names [b]High Concept, Sexual Aggression[/b] and [b]The Amazing Bumfholes.[/b] After Matchday Three all three teams will need to change their names or come to some agreement with Mr. Eisen. “We’ve already been contemplating a change,” said [b]Greg Black[/b] of High Concept. It’s why we’re wrestling here under our real names. Hell, we might call ourselves [b]Crane & Black[/b] because we’re so old school we have no need for poofy team names!” “It sort of sounds like a law or accounting firm if you ask me,” said [b]Benson Crane,[/b] the other half of the team. “I know my name already sounds like I’m a lawyer, but I’m not. I’m here to wrestle.” There were no official comments from the other team members although there have been whispers that [b]Joe Sexy[/b] has been meeting with one of the TTL’s lawyers about a possible compromise deal. [b][u]Stephanie Drucker Watch[/b][/u] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/StephanieDrucker.jpg[/IMG] With no appearance at Matchday Two it was written on all corners of the internets that [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] was on her way out of the TTL; her release being nothing more than a mere formality. But with no official announcement made this week, and with a possible personal relationship brewing with "Golden Boy" [b]Ricky DeColt,[/b] it seems more likely that we’ll see Ms. Drucker back in front of the camera sometime in the near future than not. She has continued to refuse any of our calls from here at [i]Backstage Pass[/i] but we’ll keep a close eye this week on [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] as they take on an unbeaten [b]Rebellion[/b] team. [b][u]Standings Watch[/b][/u] [b][u]TTL Season One Current Standings (Wins/Draws/Losses):[/u][/b] 1. The New Wave (2-0-0 4 pts.) 2. High Concept (2-0-0 4 pts.) 3. The Rebellion (2-0-0 4 pts.) 4. Sexual Aggression (2-0-0 4 pts.) 5. Above & Below (2-0-0 4 pts.) 6. The Machines (1-0-1 2 pts.) 7. The DeColt Brothers (1-0-1 2 pts.) 8. Samoan Demolition (1-0-1 2 pts.) 9. The Amazing Bumfholes (1-0-1 2 pts.) 10. Team Dynasty 2000 (1-0-1 2 pts.) 11. The Avalanche Effect (1-0-1 2 pts.) 12. The Melbourne Blondes (0-0-2 0 pts.) 13. The Can-Am Blondes (0-0-2 0 pts.) 14. The Shooters (0-0-2 0 pts.) 15. Dos Phoenix (0-0-2 0 pts.) 16. Double Dutch (0-0-2 0 pts.) With two full weeks gone it remains early days and indeed five teams are still unbeaten and five are without their first win going into Matchday Three. [b]The Machines, Samoan Demolition,[/b] and [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] are coming off of tough losses and will be looking to turn the tide. There’s still not much data here to analyze yet but it’s never too early for the bottom of the table teams to get off the mark. It may very well be that the [b]Double Dutch[/b] vs. [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] match steals much of the spotlight this week. [b][u]Quick Hits[/b][/u] [b]High Concept[/b] vs. [b]The New Wave[/b] at Matchday Three is a battle of unbeaten teams. The TTL has not had any other finish aside from pinfall or submission. It is widely thought that [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] is going to accompany [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] to the ring on Matchday Three but act only as [b]Ricky DeColt’s[/b] personal valet.

Matchday Three Results [center][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TTL2.jpg[/IMG] [/center] [SIZE="5"][B]The Tag Team League[/B][/SIZE] [I][SIZE="2"]presents[/SIZE][/I] [SIZE="4"][B]MATCHDAY THREE[/B][/SIZE] [i][size="2"]Saturday, 27th June, 2008 LIVE! From the McGaw Arena – 5,000 in attendance SELL OUT![/i][/size] [i]There was a tremendous amount of anticipation for the first full Matchday on the TTL schedule as we experienced the first sell out in Tag Team League history. With the rowdy McGaw crowd buzzing with energy the arena went dark and the TTLTron lit up with a shot of the exterior of the building.[/i] [u]Commissioner Surge…arrives[/u] A 1966 McLaren M1A Can-Am racer with the number “3” on it roars into view in front of the McGaw Arena. The car hardly slowed when its passenger door opened and a body flew out and rolled on the cement street before finally coming to a rest at the sidewalk curb. The tires on the car screeched as it tore away from the scene and the camera panned back to reveal arena security and curious passersby attempting to help the injured man up. As the camera closed in on the man, it was revealed to be the bloodied but conscious face of [b]Commissioner Jim Surge.[/b] There was a gasp from the arena crowd and the camera stayed on him until he was loaded into an emergency vehicle and whisked away; the bit seemed to go over well. Grade: C [u]The DeColt Brothers (1-0-1 2 pts.) vs. The Rebellion (2-0-0 4 pts.)[/u] [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] was the story of the match, coming down to the ring and acting as the manager for [b]The DeColt Brothers.[/b] She also flaunted a very public relationship with [b]Ricky DeColt[/b] with several long kisses during the match, causing the crowd to wonder exactly what was going on with the DeColts as [b]Jack DeColt[/b] seemed to love all of the hoopla and confusion. [b]Miyamae[/b] and [b]Shimedzu[/b] were their usual cool selves in the ring and were having the better of the action when at the 15:54 mark Drucker apparently had enough and entered the ring and started attacking Miyamae with her handbag. An incredulous Miyamae looked over to referee [b]Sadanobu Koruba[/b] who reluctantly called for the bell. The crowd hated the ending and let the participants know it. The DeColts seemed utterly unaffected by the loss, instead they soaked in the post-finish heat as they continued to show-off their new relationship with Drucker. [b]The Rebellion[/b] meanwhile remained unbeaten and became the first TTL squad to get to three victories. Winner: The Rebellion by DQ @ 15:54 Grade: D- [u]Team Dynasty 2000 (1-0-1 2 pts.) vs. The Can-Am Blondes (0-0-2 0 pts.)[/u] In one of the more predictable matches this week, [b]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/b] once again dominated much of the action as [b]Team Dynasty 2000[/b] intentionally delayed their victory over [b]The Can-Am Blondes[/b] with the idea of administering more punishment to the winless Can-Ams. [b]Owen Love[/b] and [b]The Natural[/b] both seemed off their game and against the experience and ruthlessness of Mushashibo and [b]Shuji Inukai[/b] they could ill afford it. It was a dominating win for TD2000 and Mushashibo added insult to injury when Inukai threw him the ring announcer’s mic and he forced Love to submit to a Yoshimi Lock into the microphone in the center of the ring. Winner: Team Dynasty 2000 @ 15:58 Grade: C- [u]Yo-shi-mi! Yo-shi-mi! Yo-shi-mi![/u] The rowdy TTL crowd began a wild “YO-SHI-ME!” chant and the technical master [b]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/b] stood alone in the center of the ring and nodded his approval. Grade: C [u]Double Dutch (0-0-2 0 pts.) vs. The Melbourne Blondes (0-0-2 0 pts.)[/u] After five minutes of rather dull, non-compelling action, all four men got into the ring and pulled out brass knuckles and started to beat each other down. Referee [b]Ryan Holland[/b] looked conflicted about calling for the bell because it seemed like an obvious work by both teams but Director of Referees [b]Kazuko Hiroyuki[/b] seated at ringside overruled Holland and the bell rang. There was vicious booing from the crowd who were absolutely livid with the ending and even angrier with Hiroyuki, who immediately declared the Double DQ a “draw” result. It was nearly a mob scene as Hiroyuki was forced to leave his seat at ringside and retreated backstage after being pelted with cups of beer and bits of hamburger. Winner: Draw – Double Disqualification @ 5:56 Grade: F+ [u]Dos Phoenix (0-0-2 0 pts.) vs. Samoan Demolition (1-0-1 2 pts.)[/u] After three weeks of turmoil [b]Dos Phoenix[/b] finally looked like one of the smoothest tag-teams in the world in a spotmonkey’s delight against [b]Samoan Demolition.[/b] Effortless tags and double-team moves, wild launches from the top rope, superb counter-wrestling using their superior quickness, it was all on display for the Mexicans. They finished the match dramatically with [b]Phoenix III[/b] assisting [b]Phoenix II[/b] on a Northern Lights Suplex to [b]King Malietoa[/b] in what is unquestionably the spot of the year thus far. [b]Phoenix I[/b] did his usual good job at ringside and really whipped the fans into a frenzy for his protégés. It was a vital first victory for Dos Phoenix in the TTL as they’ll look to build off this win and turn their season around. Winner: Dos Phoenix @ 9:54 Grade: D [u]The Avalanche Effect (1-0-1 2 pts.) vs. Sexual Aggression (2-0-0 4 pts.)[/u] [b]Joe Sexy[/b] may have received the loudest pop of the night when he was first introduced but it was [b]Angry Gilmore[/b] that carried most of the action in the ring and received the bulk of the accolades in the end. After Gilmore rendered [b]The Incredible KOYAMA[/b] useless by tossing him from the ring apron to the floor, he finished off [b]KOKI Ishibashi,[/b] getting the pinfall after a Sky High Elbow as Sexy acted as main cheerleader. After the match rumors swirled that Sexy had picked up a minor injury, but those reports have been denied by both Gilmore and Sexy. Ishibashi looked off his game the entire match and actually flubbed two tag chances that may have turned the tide of the match. Winner: Sexual Aggression @ 12:32 Grade: C- [u]Video: Main Event Hype[/u] The TTLTron shows a video hyping the Main Event matchup of [b]High Concept[/b] and [b]The New Wave.[/b] Grade: C- [u]The Machines (1-0-1 2 pts.) vs. The Shooters (0-0-2 0 pts.)[/u] In an incredible turn of events after [b]The Machines[/b] controlled all of the early action, “The Complete Package” [b]Brent Hill[/b] totally lost himself in the moment and refused to stop pounding [b]Billy Robinson’s[/b] head into the ringside steps while battling on the outside of the ring. While this was going on [b]John Anderson[/b] bolted right for [b]Don Henderson[/b] and tackled him through the ropes to the outside where they continued to brawl! Hill continued to ignore repeated warnings from referee [b]Jez McArthuer[/b] and mercilessly continued his assault on Robinson. McArthuer had no choice but to call for the bell. The shocked crowd didn’t know what to make of it as remorseless Hill and Anderson shoved the arms of the fans away as they made their way to the backstage area after the match. Winner: The Shooters by DQ @ 6:55 Grade: E+ [u]The Amazing Bumfholes (1-0-1 2 pts.) vs. Above & Below (2-0-0 4 pts.)[/u] It was an early season classic as [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] took on and defeated the previously unbeaten [b]Above & Below[/b] in 22 thrilling minutes. [b]Randy[/b] and [b]Zimmy Bumfhole[/b] both looked great in the ring and their manager [b]Hannah Potter[/b] did a fantastic job at ringside, repeatedly distracting [b]Emerald Angel[/b] in particular. Both teams really laid themselves on the line for a great match and it showed in the end. [b]Hell Monkey[/b] seemed quite disappointed as Zimmy pinned Emerald Angel with a Bumfhole In One after again being distracted by Potter batting her eyes at him from ringside but at the same time he could have tried to break up the pin but he seemed frozen as well. Winner: The Amazing Bumfholes @ 21:40 Grade: C [u]Some Payback[/u] After the match as [b]Randy[/b] and [b]Zimmy Bumfhole[/b] were returning to their locker room they ran into [b]Guide[/b] and [b]Scout[/b] who were walking towards the rampway for their match against [b]High Concept.[/b] [b]Hannah Potter[/b] whispered something to Randy and he nodded and tapped Zimmy on the shoulder to signal him and from nothing [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] proceeded to surprise attack and beat the living tar out of [b]The New Wave,[/b] leaving them moaning and groaning on the hallway floor. Grade: D+ [u]High Concept (2-0-0 4 pts.) vs. The New Wave (2-0-0 4 pts.)[/u] Aside from very brief, heroic flurries, [b]High Concept[/b] had their way with an injured [b]Guide[/b] and [b]Scout.[/b] After absorbing a tremendous amount of punishment and still kicking out several times, [b]The New Wave[/b] finally succumbed in the 18th minute when [b]Benny Benson[/b] nailed the valiant Scout with a Shockwave From Next Year. Due to the tremendous amount of heart on display it was probably the best match the TTL crowd had seen yet and they gave The New Wave a tremendous standing ovation as they limped to the back after the bout. Even Benson and [b]Greg Black[/b] clapped their opponents after the contest. Winner: High Concept @ 17:46 Grade: C+ Show Grade: C- The card likely helped the TTL’s popularity overall. Certainly our most exciting show to date and one to build on. [b][u]TTL Season One Current Standings (Wins/Draws/Losses) [Last Week]:[/b][/u] 1. High Concept (3-0-0 6 pts.) [2] 2. The Rebellion (3-0-0 6 pts.) [3] 3. Sexual Aggression (3-0-0 6 pts.) [4] 4. The New Wave (2-0-1 4 pts.) [1] 5. Above & Below (2-0-1 4 pts.) [5] 6. The Amazing Bumfholes (2-0-1 4 pts.) [9] 7. Team Dynasty 2000 (2-0-1 4 pts.) [10] 8. The Machines (1-0-2 2 pts.) [6] 9. The DeColt Brothers (1-0-2 2 pts.) [7] 10. Samoan Demolition (1-0-2 2 pts.) [8] 11. The Avalanche Effect (1-0-2 2 pts.) [11] 12. The Shooters (1-0-2 2 pts.) [14] 13. Dos Phoenix (1-0-2 2 pts.) [15] 14. The Melbourne Blondes (0-1-2 1 pt.) [12] 15. Double Dutch (0-1-2 1 pt.) [16] 16. The Can-Am Blondes (0-0-3 0 pts.) [13]

Weekly Picks Leaderboard Kovic takes his second straight week and increases the lead at the top of the overall standings. With full 8-match Matchweeks from now until the end of the season on Matchday Fifteen there's plenty of time for anyone to catch up to the leaders: [u]WEEKLY QUICK PICKS (THIS WEEK)[/u] Kovic (5-3) Tweek It (4-4) petecrimson00 (3-5) Phantom Stranger (3-5) [u]WEEKLY QUICK PICKS OVERALL[/u] Kovic (19-5) Phantom Stranger (15-9) Tweek It (14-10) Hyde Hill (11-5) Rathen4 (7-4) kowalewski (6-6) petecrimson00 (6-7) Astil (5-1) Jaded (3-3)

Press Release [FONT="Times New Roman"][b]For Immediate Release: [CENTER][SIZE="5"]Bumfholes to Retain Symbolic Name[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]No Comments From Sexual Aggression and High Concept[/SIZE][/CENTER] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RandyBumfole_alt2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ZimmyBumfhole_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="3"]PRINCETON (NEW JERSEY) –[/b]The Tag-Team League is pleased to announce that in accordance with recent trademark rulings, the tag-team formerly known as [b]The Amazing Bumfholes[/b] and consisting of [b]Randy[/b] and [b]Zimmy Bumfhole[/b] will compete for the remainder of Season One as [b]RZB.[/b] "A lot of smarks call it a gimmick but 'Bumfhole' really is our last name," said Randy at a press conference confirming the name change. "We had to change our names before briefly while we were in SWF because some Church group was protesting us so we used 'RZB' which is just our initials. It only lasted a few weeks and [b](Richard) Eisen[/b] never thought to trademark it because he knew it was a short-term throwaway. It was an off-the-cuff thing to give us a little more heat with fans who already thought we were too soft... there we were caving in to a Church group! It went over really well, actually." [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HannahPotter.jpg[/IMG] RZB's manager [b]Hannah Potter[/b] didn't seem to think anything would change now that her charges are sporting a new moniker. "I don't think this will make a difference," Potter said flatly. "The biggest change for this team was hiring me as manager. In case you haven't noticed, they haven't lost since they made that decision. It's going to end up being the wisest choice they've ever made. RZB is here to stay!" "It does sound a little more modern," said Zimmy, "it brings us from 1950s circus act to 1990s-era pro wrestling so we probably still have a little way to go. I had some ideas for the name but Hannah thought this is probably the best way for us to go right now." No comment yet from either [b]Greg Black[/b] and [b]Benson Crane[/b] of [b]High Concept[/b] or [b]Joe Sexy[/b] and [b]Angry Gilmore[/b] of [b]Sexual Aggression[/b] as to their new team names for the remainder of the season.[/size][/font]

TTL Backstage Pass: Special Report [CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ttlBP.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Random_Male36.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="1"][b]by Tom Core[/b][/SIZE] [u][b]Breaking News![/b][/u] Our spies in the TTL home office in Princeton, New Jersey tell us that [b]“Hotstuff” Marie Deneuve,[/b] the fiancé of TTL star [b]Jack DeColt,[/b] was seen leaving the offices of the league’s mysterious owner on Wednesday afternoon. [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/JackDeColt.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HotstuffMaria.jpg[/IMG] Speculation is that Deneuve will join [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] as Jack’s personal valet. However there are further rumors that the last six months spent apart have taken a toll on DeColt and Deneuve’s relationship. The recent revelation of [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] as The DeColts’ manager seems to have caused more mental turmoil for Marie. Stephanie was supposedly only going to act as [b]Ricky DeColt’s[/b] valet because of a blossoming romance between the two but she quickly convinced Jack (without much arm-twisting) that she should manage the whole team for “the sake of continuity.” [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/StephanieDrucker.jpg[/IMG] Apparently over-the-top jealous of the way Drucker has quickly inserted herself into the life of her fiancé, Deneuve may well be planning an on-air debut at Matchday Four. Whether she’s in the DeColts’ corner will be another question entirely! While the Matchday Four schedule has not yet been announced it is rumored that the DeColt Brothers will face [b]Dos Phoenix.[/b]

Press Release [FONT="Times New Roman"][b]For Immediate Release: [CENTER][SIZE="5"]High Concept Confirm New Name[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Sexual Aggression Last Team to Switch[/SIZE][/CENTER] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ElmoBenson_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/GrouchoBling_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="3"]PRINCETON (NEW JERSEY) –[/b]The Tag-Team League is pleased to announce that [b]Benson Crane[/b] and [b]Greg Black[/b] have officially submitted their new team name to the league office; they are leaving behind their old SWF [b]High Concept[/b] name in favor of [b]Crane & Black,[/b] an old school name for the rejuvenated pair that has surprised critics with a 3-0-0 start to their TTL campaign. “Our mission was simple really,” said Crane, the former [b]Elmo Benson[/b] in a past life, “we came into this competition to show the world that we truly were the best tag-team going. It didn’t matter what gimmick or what name we had or even what team we were facing, Greg and I were going to do what we always do – win.” “I wish it was as easy as that,” Black added at the small press conference confirming the name change, “we’ve really had to put in a tremendous amount of work to pull this off and so far, so good. I think the fact that we’ve tried to steer clear of the drama that a lot of teams seem to be getting themselves caught up in has really helped.” No word yet from the [b]Sexual Aggression[/b] camp as to their new team name.[/font][/size]

TTL Baskstage Pass: Injury Update [CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ttlBP.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Random_Male36.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="1"][b]by Tom Core[/b][/SIZE] [u][b]Breaking News![/b][/u] Word leaking out of the Tag-Team League's Princeton, New Jersey headquarters seems to be indicating that [b]The Shooters[/b] may be a man down for Matchday Four action. [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/BillyRobinson_alt1.jpg[/IMG] [b]Billy Robinson[/b] earned The Shooters their first TTL victory the hard way on Matchday Three as a crazed, nearly possessed [b]Brent Hill[/b] of [b]The Machines[/b] was disqualified for bashing Robinson's head repeatedly into the ring steps. After the match an unrepentant Hill and his partner [b]John Anderson,[/b] who came into the league as fan-favorites, said they had no regrets about the beatdown and would do it again if given the chance. Meanwhile, Robinson's partner [b]Don Henderson[/b] may be facing a scenario where it is one-on-two on Matchday Four. [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/DonHenderson.jpg[/IMG] "I'm preparing as if Billy won't be there," Henderson said when reached on his cellphone at The Nassau Inn. "I mean, he may be there physically but we'll try to keep him on the outside as much as possible. It looks like he's suffered a very bad concussion and he's just kind of 'cloudy' right now." Henderson is also contemplating another option. "I've been trying to contact [b]Commissioner Surge[/b] to look into the possibilities of a replacement partner for this week, but Surge is getting over his own injuries and hasn't phoned me back yet. As I understand the league policy and as we've been reviewing our contract, he's probably not going to allow it. But it can't hurt to try." Henderson declined to comment on The Shooters' Matchday Four opponents since the official preview isn't up yet but Matchday Four is certainly shaping up to be the biggest TTL card on record!

Matchday Four Preview [center] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TTL1.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B]The Tag Team League[/B][/SIZE] [I][SIZE="2"]previews[/SIZE][/I] [SIZE="4"][B]MATCHDAY FOUR[/B][/SIZE] [i][size="2"]LIVE! From the McGaw Arena – Saturday, 4th July, 2008[/i][/size][/center] [b][u]TTL Season One Current Standings (Wins/Draws/Losses) [Last Week]:[/b][/u] 1. Crane & Black (3-0-0 6 pts.) [2] 2. The Rebellion (3-0-0 6 pts.) [3] 3. Joe Sexy & Tom Gilmore (3-0-0 6 pts.) [4] 4. The New Wave (2-0-1 4 pts.) [1] 5. Above & Below (2-0-1 4 pts.) [5] 6. RZB (2-0-1 4 pts.) [9] 7. Team Dynasty 2000 (2-0-1 4 pts.) [10] 8. The Machines (1-0-2 2 pts.) [6] 9. The DeColt Brothers (1-0-2 2 pts.) [7] 10. Samoan Demolition (1-0-2 2 pts.) [8] 11. The Avalanche Effect (1-0-2 2 pts.) [11] 12. The Shooters (1-0-2 2 pts.) [14] 13. Dos Phoenix (1-0-2 2 pts.) [15] 14. The Melbourne Blondes (0-1-2 1 pt.) [12] 15. Double Dutch (0-1-2 1 pt.) [16] 16. The Can-Am Blondes (0-0-3 0 pts.) [13] [center] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RandomMale_altmic.jpg[/IMG][/center] [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] was kicked to the curb last week, literally, and since then he has been recovering in seclusion at a private hospital in New York City. In his absence all sorts of mayhem erupted in the ring at Matchday Three including a controversial “draw” awarded on a double-DQ by Director of Referees [b]Kazuko Hiroyuki[/b] in addition to disqualification losses for both [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] and [b]The Machines,[/b] two supposed “fan favorites.” Will Surge be in good enough shape to show up at Matchday Four? Will the reason behind his absence be explained? Are [b]The Can-Am Blondes[/b] somehow involved or are they being set up to take the blame? You almost get the feeling that there’ll be more questions than answers after this special 4th of July version of Matchday Four! [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #25[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/YoshimiMushashibo.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ShujiInukai.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RuudVanAnger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/FrankDePain_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [color="red"][b][SIZE="3"]Team Dynasty 2000 (2-0-1, 4 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [color="red"][b][SIZE="3"]Double Dutch (0-1-2, 1 pt.)[/SIZE][/b][/color][/center] Since the loss to [b]The New Wave[/b] back on Matchday One, [b]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/b] has become one of the Tag-Team League’s biggest stars by defeating both [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] and [b]The Can-Am Blondes[/b] with minimal help from partner [b]Shuji Inukai.[/b] Mushashibo has become something of a cult hero with the TTL’s rowdy crowd, earning the first ever last-name chant last week! The Mushashibo-centric blueprint probably remains in effect for this match but one can’t help wonder if Inukai will be rusty when eventually called upon to contribute in a meaningful way. On the other side, [b]Double Dutch[/b] gained their first point in the competition last week in a controversial “draw” with the Melbournes and will be looking to get themselves back into the thick of the competition with another result here. Now that we know they have no regard for the rules or the spirit of the competition, rumors abound that the Dutchmen will have something “special” in store for [b]Team Dynasty 2000.[/b] Both [b]Ruud Van Anger[/b] and [b]Frank De Pain[/b] have been spotted hitting the gym harder than ever this week. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #26[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ElmoBenson_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/GrouchoBling_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/KingMalietoa.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TheBrisbaneDevil.jpg[/IMG] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]Crane & Black (3-0-0, 6 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="red"][b][SIZE="3"]Samoan Demolition (1-0-2, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] [b]Benson Crane[/b] and [b]Greg Black[/b] picked up a huge win on Matchday Three over [b]The New Wave[/b] to keep the perfect start to their season intact. However it was The New Wave that received the bulk of the cheers as [b]Guide[/b] and [b]Scout[/b] bravely tried to gut out the contest after suffering a beatdown at the hands of [b]Randy[/b] and [b]Zimmy Bumfhole[/b] just moments before the match. Despite their public display of sportsmanship at the time, this hasn’t sat well with [b]Crane & Black[/b] all week long as they continue to feel underappreciated by the fans. They come into Matchday Four against a demoralized [b]Samoan Demolition[/b] team that have lost two in a row and were blown away by [b]Dos Phoenix[/b] last week. With Samoan D’s size you can never count them out of a match but it will also take all of their wrestling ability to match Crane & Black and they just may not have enough. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #27[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/KokiIshibashi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TheIncredibleKoyama-1.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TheNatural_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/OwenLove_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [color="red"][b][SIZE="3"]The Avalanche Effect (1-0-2, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Can-Am Blondes (0-0-3, 0 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] [b]The Avalanche Effect[/b] will be glad to have nothing to do with [b]Angry Gilmore[/b] this week as Gilmore pounded both [b]KOKI Ishibashi[/b] and [b]The Incredible KOYAMA[/b] all match long seven days ago at Matchday Three. The Avalanche Effect has been alternating losses and wins so if that holds they should pick up their second victory of the season this week. [b]The Can-Am Blondes[/b] meanwhile are sitting here wondering where it has all gone wrong in the early going. They are the only team in the TTL to lose their first three matches and were doubly humiliated last week against [b]Team Dynasty 2000[/b] when [b]Owen Love[/b] was forced to submit into the ring microphone. And despite their adamant denials all week they seem to be at least peripherally involved in [b]Commissioner Jim Surge’s[/b] disappearance as their race car keeps turning up in the wrong places at the wrong times. This is probably one of the more intriguing contests on Matchday Four and the Can-Ams will likely set their stall out for a time-limit draw. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #28[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/BlakeBelushi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RickStantz.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/BrentHill_alt2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HumanArsenal_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="red"][b][SIZE="3"]The Melbourne Blondes (0-1-2, 1 pt.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR] [b]vs.[/b] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Machines (1-0-2, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color][/center] A wild-eyed [b]Brent Hill[/b] went all berserker-like on Matchday Three in [b]The Machines’[/b] stunning DQ loss to [b]The Shooters.[/b] The scary thing though was that Hill’s partner [b]John Anderson[/b] seemed to endorse his partner’s course of action and this week he went on to say that they would be looking to administer more punishment of the sort they dished out to a concussed [b]Billy Robinson.[/b] Of course these developments have fueled long-standing internet rumors that Hill and Anderson are about to put the masks back on and revive [b]The Wrestling Machines[/b] tag-team. Their opponents [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] participated in that classless double DQ “draw” with [b]Double Dutch[/b] last week, and [b]Rick Stantz[/b] has been taking most of the heat as the architect of the plan. Stantz and [b]Blake Belushi[/b] were pelted by bits of hamburger and cups of beer after the match by the rowdy fans and this week Belushi said they will be “prepared” for any shenanigans from the crowd. With all of the drama surrounding the apparently dead relationship between Belushi and [b]Stephanie Drucker,[/b] you almost have to hand it to the Melbournes for swiping their first point of the competition. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #29[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/JoeSexy-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/AngryGilmore-1.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/BillyRobinson_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/DonHenderson_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]Joe Sexy & Tom Gilmore (3-0-0, 6 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Shooters (1-0-2, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] [b]Joe Sexy[/b] and [b]Angry Gilmore[/b] still have not been able to agree on a new team name. And the reason why is apparently because they hardly communicate during the week much anymore! Gilmore has basically been the sole reason that the team formerly known as [b]Sexual Aggression[/b] are a perfect 3-0-0 in the TTL’s inaugural season but Sexy is the one that continues to receive almost all of the fans’ accolades. [b]The Shooters[/b] meanwhile couldn’t have wished for a worse opponent on this particular week as [b]Billy Robinson[/b] figures to be a complete non-factor due to the head injury suffered last week at the hands of [b]Brent Hill.[/b] Not only will [b]Don Henderson[/b] be facing an angry Angry Gilmore but also a Joe Sexy out to upstage his partner once again by proving he actually knows a wrestling move or two. Henderson does have a request in with [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] to discuss a replacement partner for this week but no one knows if Surge will even be at the McGaw Arena to begin with, and it is unlikely that Surge will go against the TTL rule of “no substitutes” anyway. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #30[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Phoenix2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Phoenix3.jpg[/IMG] [b]w/[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Phoenix.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/JackDeColt.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RickyDeColt.jpg[/IMG] [b]w/[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/StephanieDrucker.jpg[/IMG] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]Dos Phoenix w/ manager Phoenix I (1-0-2, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color] [b]vs.[/b] [color="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The DeColt Brothers w/ manager Stephanie Drucker (1-0-2, 2 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color][/center] The two words hanging on every fans’ lips these days concerning [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] are [b]“Marie Deneuve.”[/b] Not only would a “Hotstuff” sighting be much-welcomed by the TTL crowd but a possible catfight between Deneuve and [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] would be absolutely priceless! Last week the DeColts seemed completely bored in the ring and Drucker cost them a DQ loss to [b]The Rebellion[/b] by entering the ring and hitting [b]Miyamae[/b] with her handbag. They stand at the crossroads this week against [b]Dos Phoenix,[/b] down one path seems to be a life of excess and a complete disregard for the opponents or the rules, while down the other is redemption in the eyes of the fans and a chance to get their personal lives back to normal. After dealing with their own issues in the first few weeks of the season and emerging with a possible Match of the Year style win over [b]Samoan Demolition[/b] last week, Dos Phoenix are more than happy to match up against a team dealing with an identity crisis. Manager [b]Phoenix I[/b] has proven to be a shrewd motivator and has his boys working together again; it may well be his wise council that tips the scales to Dos Phoenix at Matchday Four. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #31[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Shimedzu.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Miyamae.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/EmeraldAngel.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HellMonkey.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The Rebellion (3-0-0, 6 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR] [b]vs.[/b] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]Above &[/color] [color="red"]Below (2-0-1, 4 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR][/center] After the horribly named Matchday One/Two, [b]Miyamae[/b] of [b]The Rebellion[/b] repeatedly taunted [b]Emerald Angel[/b] of [b]Above & Below,[/b] commenting that Angel was only in the league because of his brother [b]KOKI Ishibashi[/b] of [b]The Avalanche Effect[/b] and had not earned entry through his ability in the ring. This is bad blood that apparently has roots back in Japan and is growing by the minute. A short but furious brawl broke out between the two as it took Road Agents [b]Robert Oxford[/b] and [b]Larry Vessey,[/b] backstage staff, and other wrestlers to break things up. With Angel lacking focus at Matchday Three he was easily distracted by [b]Hannah Potter[/b] in what became a comfortable win for [b]RZB[/b] and a sobering first loss for Above & Below. The Rebellion last week fought hard for 15 minutes against [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] before [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] decided to end the match with her handbag. The Rebellion remain one of three unbeaten teams in the TTL although, when you consider the bad blood brewing between the two sides, this week will probably be their biggest test thus far. Miyamae and [b]Shimedzu[/b] have been remarkably consistent in TTL action with absolutely zero misunderstanding between the two competitors inside or out of the ring. [center][SIZE="4"]MATCH #32[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Guide.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/Scout.jpg[/IMG] [b]VS.[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/RandyBumfole_alt2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/ZimmyBumfhole_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [b]w/[/b] [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/HannahPotter.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="blue"][b][SIZE="3"]The New Wave (2-0-1, 4 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/COLOR] [b]vs.[/b] [color="red"][b][SIZE="3"]RZB w/ manager Hannah Potter (2-0-1, 4 pts.)[/SIZE][/b][/color][/center] A fitting Main Event for Matchday Four, as [b]The New Wave’s[/b] two-match win streak was stopped last week after suffering a pearl harbor job backstage attack at the hands of [b]RZB[/b] just prior to the match. Despite their injuries [b]Guide[/b] and [b]Scout[/b] bravely fought on in their eventual loss to [b]Crane & Black[/b] and vowed that they would take their revenge against [b]Randy[/b] and [b]Zimmy Bumfhole[/b] at the earliest opportunity. They won’t have to wait long as a rejuvenated RZB team comes into Matchday Four looking very good in the ring since naming the scheming [b]Hannah Potter[/b] as their full-time manager. Potter began the mind games early this week, saying on Monday that her womanly charms “probably won’t have any effect on the sort of men Guide and Scout are” while Randy and Zim hinted with a wink that they hope there isn't another backstage altercation in The New Wave’s immediate future. Guide and Scout have remained curiously quiet all week. _______________________________________________ [u][b]Quick Picks[/u][/b] TD2000 vs. Double Dutch Crane & Black vs. Samoan D Avalanche Effect vs. Can-Ams Melbournes vs. Machines Joe Sexy & Angry Gilmore vs. Shooters Dos Phoenix vs. DeColts Rebellion vs. Above & Below New Wave vs. RZB

[B]TD2000[/B] vs. Double Dutch [B]Crane & Black[/B] vs. Samoan D Avalanche Effect vs. [B]Can-Ams[/B] Melbournes vs. [B]Machines[/B] [B]Joe Sexy & Angry Gilmore[/B] vs. Shooters Dos Phoenix vs. [B]DeColts[/B] [B]Rebellion[/B] vs. Above & Below New Wave vs. [B]RZB[/B]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
TTL Matchday Four Results [center][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/gratefulcowboy/ttl/TTL2.jpg[/IMG] [/center] [SIZE="5"][B]The Tag Team League[/B][/SIZE] [I][SIZE="2"]presents[/SIZE][/I] [SIZE="4"][B]MATCHDAY FOUR[/B][/SIZE] [i][size="2"]Saturday, 4th July, 2008 LIVE! From the McGaw Arena – 5,000 in attendance SELL OUT![/i][/size] [i]The rowdy TTL crowd was fired up from the start again, this time for a special 4th of July edition of heart-pounding tag-team excitement! Tailgaters arrived at the McGaw as early as 6:00AM for the fifth ever TTL card and they were drinking and barbecuing and otherwise enjoying the scene the day long. Every once in a while someone would set off a bottle rocket or somesuch which would invariably be followed by a cheer from the nearest group of inebriated fans. As afternoon turned to evening and the ticket-holders began to make their way into the arena, they were greeted by the world famous Radio City Music Hall Rockettes doing their signature eye-high kicks while standing together in the middle of the ring.[/i] [u]Commissioner Surge[/u] All eyes were on [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] as he slowly made his way into the ring to a mixed reaction as the Rockettes exited. Surge had sequestered himself since being whisked away in an emergency vehicle last week and hadn’t spoken to anyone about his condition. The usually fast-talking, debonair Commish appeared hunched over with a large bandage over his head, a neck brace, and his right arm in a sling. He mumbled through some introductory words, allegedly thanking the dancers and the crowd, and then launched into a long, rambling commentary about how Matchday Four was actually the fifth TTL card, even though it’s named “Matchday Four.” He again went on to criticize the naming of the “tweener show,” as he put it, the horribly named Matchday One/Two, and the impatient and largely drunk crowd turned on him and pelted him with beer cups and bits of their hamburgers. Grade: E [u]Team Dynasty 2000 (2-0-1 4 pts.) vs. Double Dutch (0-1-2 1 pt.)[/u] [b]Yoshimi Mushashibo[/b] was once again in the man in the spotlight in this devastating squash match against [b]Double Dutch.[/b] Despite getting the bigger pops and the win with a Mushashibo-Plex III on [b]Ruud Van Anger,[/b] the Japanese superstar actually worked with his partner [b]Shuji Inukai[/b] much more than he had in recent weeks, apparently feeling that Inukai could actually contribute against the Dutchmen. On each occasion Inukai looked surprised when Mushashibo tagged him and took his time getting into the ring, sometimes shaking his head out of surprise as he did so. On multiple occasions leading up to the match Double Dutch said that they had “something special in store” for [b]TD2000,[/b] and at one point during the match both Van Anger and [b]Frank De Pain[/b] repeatedly pointed toward the crowd as if looking for something or someone, but the “surprise” never materialized. Winner: Team Dynasty 2000 @ 9:41 Grade: D+ [u]Yo-she-me! Yo-she-me! Yo-she-me![/u] The rowdy TTL crowd tried to begin another “YO-SHE-ME!” chant but it was short-lived as the TTLTron showed a highlights package of [b]Team Dynasty 2000[/b] and [b]RZB[/b] in action. The video ended with “Coming Soon – TD2000 vs. RZB.” The confused crowd apparently wasn’t expecting, nor did they want to see, hype for a future contest. Grade: E [u]Crane & Black (3-0-0 6 pts.) vs. Samoan Demolition (1-0-2 2 pts.)[/u] Spurred on by the fact that [b]The New Wave[/b] received the lion’s share of the fan support last week at Matchday Three despite losing to [b]Crane & Black, Benson Crane[/b] and [b]Greg Black[/b] took out their frustrations on a completely outclassed [b]Samoan D[/b] team that in the end probably couldn’t tell you what hit them. The match report can, though, and it says Crane pinned [b]The Brisbane Devil[/b] after yet another Shockwave From Next Year, which is becoming quite the C&B finisher. Splendid quick tagging and superior agility were on display for Crane & Black, who easily avoided getting into a brawl with their bigger opponents. Winner: Crane & Black @ 8:43 Grade: D [u]The Avalanche Effect (1-0-2 2 pts.) vs. The Can-Am Blondes (0-0-3 0 pts.)[/u] It was desperate times for [b]The Can-Am Blondes[/b] as they came into the match as the only remaining TTL team without at least a single point. The classic racer that brings them to the ring was seen on the TTLTron last week as the vehicle from which [b]Commissioner Jim Surge[/b] was thrown and another loss this week would probably end any hope of making a legitimate climb up the table. All of those factors went straight out the window as the match itself was a classic back-and-forth encounter where both teams threw everything they had at one another. Near the end of the match [b]The Natural[/b] and [b]The Incredible KOYAMA[/b] struggled to get back up on their feet to meet a 10 count by referee [b]Ryan Holland.[/b] But The Natural made it and was able to tag in [b]Owen Love[/b] who hit a Love Gun on KOYAMA for the victory as an exhausted [b]KOKI Ishibashi[/b] got caught up in the ropes trying to come in for the save. A surprisingly good match. Winner: The Can-Am Blondes @ 15:43 Grade: C- [u]The Melbourne Blondes (0-1-2 1 pt.) vs. The Machines (1-0-2 2 pts.)[/u] [b]The Melbourne Blondes[/b] came down to the ring dressed in full beekeeper outfits complete with full helmets since they were pelted with hamburgers and beer last week after their controversial “draw” with [b]Double Dutch.[/b] As they stood in the ring pointing to their outfits insinuating how smart they were, [b]John Anderson[/b] and [b]Brent Hill[/b] stormed the ring and pounded them into the mat. After a few minutes of all four men fighting it finally turned into a match, and the Melbournes stood no chance. Anderson picked up the victory for [b]The Machines[/b] after an Ammo Dump on [b]Rick Stantz.[/b] No sign of Anderson and Hill using their [b]Wrestling Machine[/b] masks in this encounter. Winner: The Machines @ 11:56 Grade: D [u]Joe Sexy & Tom Gilmore (3-0-0 6 pts.) vs. The Shooters (1-0-2 2 pts.)[/u] With [b]Billy Robinson[/b] a non-factor this week due to the lingering effects of the concussion he sustained at the hands of [b]Brent Hill[/b] at Matchday Three, [b]Don Henderson[/b] tried to do the bulk of the heavy lifting for [b]The Shooters[/b] and left Robinson on the outside. As the match began [b]Angry Gilmore[/b] jumped down from the ring and went over to the announce table and said that he was going to let [b]Joe Sexy[/b] try and take care of this one all by himself, essentially making it a Sexy vs. Henderson singles match. Henderson dominated most of the match before being caught by a big boot from Sexy. Joe then threw Henderson into his corner where he inadvertently tagged in the cloudy Robinson. Despite Henderson’s protest the ref enforced the tag, and Sexy took some stick from the crowd for a few closed-fisted blows to Robinson’s head. Sexy then ended the match promptly with a One Night Stand to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Gilmore refused to have his hand raised with Sexy’s after the match and both Sexy and Gilmore walked separately to the backstage area. Winner: Joe Sexy & Tom Gilmore @ 7:53 Grade: D+ [u]Backstage[/u] The TTLTron showed a video of [b]Angry Gilmore[/b] backstage in the locker room juggling apples and pears while riding a unicycle. The crowd went berserk with cheers making this one of the best TTL segments of all time. Grade: B [u]Dos Phoenix (1-0-2 2 pts.) vs. The DeColt Brothers (1-0-2 2 pts.)[/u] This was an important match for both teams as [b]Dos Phoenix[/b] looked to keep some momentum after their win last week and as [b]The DeColt Brothers[/b] looked to overcome some recent controversy surrounding manager [b]Stephanie Drucker[/b] and [b]Jack DeColt’s[/b] fiancée [b]Marie Deneuve.[/b] Hardly anyone in the building actually watched the action in the ring as they kept their eyes glued to the backstage rampway hoping to catch a glimpse of “Hotstuff.” Suddenly the bell rang and fans turned their attention to the ring to see that Jack had forced [b]Phoenix III[/b] to submit to an End of Days. Deneuve didn’t appear from backstage, and it never became clear if she was even in the building at all. Winner: The DeColt Brothers @ 16:52 Grade: E+ [u]The Rebellion (3-0-0 6 pts.) vs. Above & Below (2-0-1 4 pts.)[/u] This contest was personal as [b]Emerald Angel[/b] and [b]Miyame[/b] fought backstage after Matchday One/Two and the two competitors brought that lingering bad blood with them as they started off the match with a wild back-and-forth slugfest that energized the crowd. It turned out to be a great match from beginning to end with virtually no down time and plenty of double-team action from both sides. In the end it would be n[b]Hell Monkey[/b] pinning Miyame with a Tumbling Monkey to hand [b]The Rebellion[/b] their first loss of the season and deliver a slice of cold yet sweet revenge for his partner Emerald Angel. The bad vibe from the lead-in match was the only thing holding this encounter back from being an early-season classic. Winner: Above & Below @ 19:36 Grade: C- [u]The New Wave (2-0-1 4 pts.) vs. RZB (2-0-1 4 pts.)[/u] It was the second straight week for [b]The New Wave[/b] in the Main Event slot after their gutsy performance in a loss last week to [b]Crane & Black[/b] and an opportunity to get back at the team that jumped them prior to that match and contributed to the loss – [b]RZB. Guide[/b] and [b]Scout[/b] did not disappoint as they came out ready to go and dominated the first 10 minutes of the match. But, as seemingly everyone does these days, they became distracted by RZB’s manager [b]Hannah Potter[/b] who kept strolling around the ringside area over to The New Wave’s corner to bat her eyes at them. [b]Randy[/b] and [b]Zimmy Bumfhole[/b] tried to take full advantage, as they beat up on The New Wave for 10 minutes of their own. A furious brawl ensued with all four men in the ring at once and when the mayhem cleared it was Zimmy tapping to a Special Force applied by Scout for an important victory for The New Wave. Winner: The New Wave @ 22:36 Grade: C Show Grade: D Not a great way to follow-up a strong Matchday Three but still a solid card with some memorable encounters. [b][u]TTL Season One Current Standings (Wins/Draws/Losses) [Last Week]:[/b][/u] 1. Crane & Black (4-0-0 8 pts.) [1] 2. Sexual Aggression (4-0-0 8 pts.) [3] 3. The Rebellion (3-0-1 6 pts.) [2] 4. The New Wave (3-0-1 6 pts.) [4] 5. Above & Below (3-0-1 6 pts.) [5] 6. Team Dynasty 2000 (3-0-1 6 pts.) [7] 7. The Amazing Bumfholes (2-0-2 4 pts.) [6] 8. The Machines (2-0-2 4 pts.) [8] 9. The DeColt Brothers (2-0-2 4 pts.) [9] 10. Samoan Demolition (1-0-3 2 pts.) [10] 11. The Avalanche Effect (1-0-3 2 pts.) [11] 12. The Shooters (1-0-3 2 pts.) [12] 13. Dos Phoenix (1-0-3 2 pts.) [13] 14. The Can-Am Blondes (1-0-3 2 pts.) [16] 15. The Melbourne Blondes (0-1-3 1 pt.) [14] 16. Double Dutch (0-1-3 1 pt.) [15]

Weekly Picks Leaderboards Tie this week between the two handicappers. The next card, Matchday Five, will mark one-third of the season gone so there's plenty of time to get picks in going forward. [u]WEEKLY QUICK PICKS (THIS WEEK)[/u] Kovic (6-2) Phantom Stranger (6-2) [u]WEEKLY QUICK PICKS OVERALL[/u] Kovic (25-7) Phantom Stranger (21-11) Tweek It (14-10) Hyde Hill (11-5) Rathen4 (7-4) kowalewski (6-6) petecrimson00 (6-7) Astil (5-1) Jaded (3-3)

Archived