Signing workers from other orgs - real world mods

Can someone enlighten me on this process? I'm using TapOrSnap #6, and have kept a watchful eye on many UFC contracted fighters. Is it possible to give workers a contract offer that are coming out of contract? In my attempts to sign away some fighters I'm told that I cannot negotiate with them as they are under a Set Premier contract (with one fight remaining). Then I'm advised via the news ticker that they have resigned with the UFC. Is there a window of opportunity to extend an offer to these guys coming out of contract, or can you only take the fighters that say the UFC release? thanks

I've found the search feature! From the looks of it, the answer to my question is no. Is there any chance of something like that being modified in a future patch or something? I mean the contract model as it is, is quite unrealistic - that fighters don't even entertain other offers before just resigning with their current employer, even if they could make a lot more money jumping ship, ala Affliction.

Yes please fix that ASAP, because you an never sign any other fighters that have a premiercontract. Onlyi f they leave the organizaton, but that is because they are getting worse or they are not even good.

[QUOTE=neco;467979]Yes please fix that ASAP, because you an never sign any other fighters that have a premiercontract. Onlyi f they leave the organizaton, but that is because they are getting worse or they are not even good.[/QUOTE] I agree it sucks to not be able to get top level free agents but it wouldn't be realistic to allow promotions to negotiate with fighters before their contracts are up. Hell when Andrei Arlovski left the UFC he could only talk to the UFC for two months [B]after[/B] his contract expired.

It would be a breach of contract as well as potential tort liability for a worker and a non-party to the contract to enter into contractual discussions before the contract is up. I think the current system is pretty realistic; the only UFC fighters that ever see free agency are ones in which Dana has decided the fighter's pay demands have eclipsed their usefulness. You're not going to see St. Pierre or Penn hit free agency while they are on a roll in real life, either.

• 1 month later...
You might not be allowed to have any official contract talks, but certainly other promotions can express interest in your abilities. Being able to express interest in a fighter so he can choose to stay or leave would be better then whats in right now. Right now your shut out if its a set premier. Even if your the number one promotion by a longshot, and a low number 5 has a guy on set premier, chances of you getting him are slim to none.

I think it might be a good feature if you could choose to take a risk by approaching a fighter who is under a set premier contract. The risk would be that there is a chance you would get caught and the other promotion would sue you for a bunch of money.

This is definitely something that needs to be added to WMMA2. It sucks knowing that you will never get a good fighter unless they've lost a few times and have permanently hurt their image. People are saying it's realistic for fighters to not get contacted by other promotions while still under contract, but it's also realistic for fighters to take chances and leave their promotion in hopes of more money and fighting for a bigger organization. I hate how every great fighter always re-signs with GAMMA or Alpha-1 for lunch money when they could be getting a six-figure contracts from my promotion.

agreed this does need to be worked on for wmma 2 i like the idea of expressing interest because lets face it if a fighter was with number 5 promotion and he knows he can fight with number 1 promotion he going to be leaving number 5 soon as his contract expires

I think if your promotion is larger you should be able to, this way it is realistic as fighters should want to move up and make more money. I like the expressing interest tactic, maye you can't offer them a contract while they are exclusive but if you are appealing enough the worker will listen to both offers.

[QUOTE=Tag01;468155]It would be a breach of contract as well as potential tort liability for a worker and a non-party to the contract to enter into contractual discussions before the contract is up. I think the current system is pretty realistic; the only UFC fighters that ever see free agency are ones in which Dana has decided the fighter's pay demands have eclipsed their usefulness. You're not going to see St. Pierre or Penn hit free agency while they are on a roll in real life, either.[/QUOTE] All correct...but...WMMA doesn't handle things correctly from the fighters side. Fighters on a Set Prem, with a 6 fight deal will resign for the same money without being used at all. So basically, they make $0 (except a signing bonus) for 24 months, then when that promotion offers them the same deal again for another 24 months, they say "Sure, why not?" There should be some sort of 'happiness' rating for each fighter you have under contract. You keep a fighter happy by giving him fights, bonuses, promoting him with action figures, baseball cards etc. If he is unhappy but on an exclusive contact then he can't just walk...but come contract negotiation time, if he isn't happy with the promoter he would be out the door.

• 2 weeks later...
No, what I think is garbage is how when I have a fighter on an open contract and he's with another org and the contract with another org is gonna be up soon, I book the guy for a fight, but he still is able to re-sign with the other org....but I can't do the same if another org books him for a fight...pisses me off

• 2 weeks later...

Archived