A question about match rating calculation

When a promotion's product is set to have guys rated more on their performance rather than their popularity, what stats are taken into account when determining the match ratings. Does it just check the performance skills only (btw, IMO this category should be renamed fundamentals) or does it incorporate their other in ring abilities into the equation. The way it's written down suggests it's just their basics/selling/etc. thats checked.

IMHO their perfromance skills, plus their best other skills in either brawling, combo of aerial or combo of technical. Also depends on the rest of the product settings and the type of wrestler. For instance a brawler is more likely to be rated on his basics plus brawling skills, while a super junior would be more technical and/or aerial. Realism would result in a heavier slant towards brawling, wheres modern would result in a heavier slant towards aeriel. Not sure about all this but its my general experience and seems to me to be the most logical. And popularity of thew workers concerned Always factors in just less or more depending on the product setting.

Hyde told everything needed. :P Performance skills and other skills (I've noticed that in INSPIRE, wrestlers who have high intensity and toughness levels do have better matches (clarification needed?)), and the Brawl/Aerial/Technical skills. And yes; Product settings affects which skills are rated more highly than others (Pure - Technical skills, Modern - aerial, of course). It's just a "biased towards" thing, you can get a brawler over in Pure company (usually because of Realism), but it's not as easy as a wrestler who has a technical style.. And no matter what product, Overness still plays a part. (You can't get A grade matches with a worker who has F- popularity) Just play and play the game, you'll learn :)

With all the knowledge gathered, I would like to ask another thing. I always wondered, how much the product settings affect the match ratings. So, a.) approximately how big the influence of a very low or low setting (in relation to - let's say - Heavy or Key Features)? b.) And: If I have many features activated (maybe: 2 Keys, 1 Heavy, 3 Medium and some more Very Low) does it negatively affect possible match ratings? - I mean, it would make sense, that it challenges a booker to search more allround guys. In other words, it would be logical that increasing the Main Stream factor of your product (to get better revenues) would decrease the "quality" of a pure technician (in terms of reducing his match ratings). c.) Is there a list, which product types improve which skills? I would guess, that it's not just depends on which "tech" skills a worker has, but correlate to Mat, Chain [I]or[/I] Submission skills...

[url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=32473[/url] There's a good topic for you :) Read all the pages :D (I'm serious.) a.) Very low/low "allows the use" of a workers style in your promotion.. i.e low hyper realism enables the use of MMA-crossovers for example. Don't know about the levels between very low and low tough, look for it at the tip thread. b.) In some products you can see that there is a "fan expect all the wrestlers to be packaged with a gimmick" and ".. will attract fans who don't like gimmicks". :P I don't believe if affects the match ratings that much, it just means that you have a wide fan base in which some fans will like something other fans wont.. err. Just pay attention that if you are rated more on popularity, people get over with angles. And if rated more on performance, then people are going to get over with matches. And equally is equally. (I've noticed that in Mexico (atleast in MPWF), wrestlers are rated more on popularity but still 90% match ratings which disables the usage of angles and interviews.. I guess they get over with performance and good gimmick) c.) Mmm.. .. Don't pay any attention to such a minimal detail. :P You are going too far. The skill grades in the overview are the thing which count towards the wrestlers match grades (in a product which is performance biased). If, lets say, mat and chain are C's, and Submission skill is A, it will combine all of them and you'll get the sum of those three techinal abilities in one grade.

[QUOTE]90% match ratings which disables the usage of angles and interviews[/QUOTE] Doesn´t really disable just forces one to use less angles and/or angles including a lot of workers. I run TCW on 90 percent and no problems. 90 percent lets you get away with 85 percent too. So thats 2 to 3 6 minute angles in a 2 hour show. [QUOTE]If, lets say, mat and chain are C's, and Submission skill is A,[/QUOTE] Still not sure if in an ultimate submission match(the only default technical based match) submission skill isn´t more important. And yeah don´t go too far into it, read too much into it. It kinda enjoy´s the atmosphere of uncertainty etc, just use logical reasoning etc. If all the exact percentages etc where known then this would become a pure calculation game. Also read the Help File (under the question mark when you start the game), the official tip thread Finisher just linked you to (could a mod plz sticky it?), also D-Lyrium´s unoficial FAQ on the 2005 board still contains a lot of usefull information which stil holds true for the current incarnation.

That's weird. Since I tried angles with MPWF with the best entertainment skilled workers and the segments bombed. E and E+.. maybe it's just overness based angles that work then, I'll have to try and take a look. :P And with 90% you can still do 100% matches and the fans won't complain. They complained when I used angles. The same thing was in TEW07; 90% is actually 100%.

Its the type e.g. risk etc of the angle that is important, overness is always factored into an angle even if it is rated on say Menace then it is menace and overness that rates it. An Angle needs to get at least a C/C+ in 90 percent setting or it wil bomb. Only use your most over and/or entertaining workers. The entertainers only once they have a decent overness.(midcard at the very least)

Archived