Tag Or No Tag....

Ive been playing as USPW for 6 months now and Ive been thinking about scrapping the tag division since i cant find decent tag teams but des davids has just left and him and captain usa were tag champs no that hes gone i see this as the perfect time to end them... But i was thinking is it a good idea to end them or should i revive it with new talent if so who could save them the only tag teams i have at the moment are dirty white boys (lead belly and grease hog) Skye-Jet (Remmy Skye and Jaccob Jet) The Hill Billys The Towers Of Power

As tag titles are usually midcard level titles, you usually won't get great ratings out of them anyway, unless you have main eventers competing for them. Which is a waste of their talent. I have found that the tag divisions can be useful for several things Giving the up and comers some work and wins so they can grow. Using the aging veterans with skill, but that aren't main event worthy to help train the younger wrestlers, but can still look strong with tag title runs. Pairing up midcarders that you don't have any current plans for, or just aren't good enough for a singles push, but have some redeeming talents that make them worth keeping. It's about not expecting too much out of them, but occasionally, you can find that good chemistry, or a team that manages to breakout of the average mold.

That's pretty much it. I know I end up filling my tag ranks with random teams ranging from guys in the main event whose pushes are winding down or guys I dont have any immediate plans with. I actually enjoy my tag division now. If you stick at it and put some effort into the division it'll get better. Plus you could always just put them on a 'Super Team' (Rock/Sock, Cena/HBK, Taker/Show etc)

[QUOTE=Rocland;477804]That's pretty much it. I know I end up filling my tag ranks with random teams ranging from guys in the main event whose pushes are winding down or guys I dont have any immediate plans with. I actually enjoy my tag division now. If you stick at it and put some effort into the division it'll get better. Plus you could always just put them on a 'Super Team' (Rock/Sock, Cena/HBK, Taker/Show etc)[/QUOTE] yeah im going to give it a go ive brought in some young talent to work with the older talent plus another 2 tag teams thanks for the help

I pretty much use tag teams for two reasons. First is a young guy I want to get over, but he is lacking psychology or something so I team him up with a partner who can help him, or two young guys with little overness, so they only bring down one match instead of two.

[QUOTE=Sagitta;477832]Drop the tag titles to a low level and use the tag roster to train up your young/new talent and weed out the workers with staying power from those without (see: WWE tag divisions).[/QUOTE] Right but if your whole division is full of Enhancement Talent - Midcard, the matches are generally going to be not all that great. You need to diversify, there's nothing wrong with having 1 or 2 strong main event tag teams, 1 or 2 mid-upper card teams, and the rest can be your lower teams you're wanting to groom/test out/whatever.

Tag divisions get massively better once the bulk of the division has strong tag experience, making most of them a work in progress. (I imagine NOTBPW and PGHW, having tag tourneys, are more than a little better). With sufficient tag experience a team of midcarders can pull off surprisingly solid results. The trick is getting them there.

Im playing USPW and about 3 months in, I retired the belt. I didnt have much luck with the tag team division in TEW 2007 either. It just takes so long to get decent tag team experience. It also doesnt really seem worth it to get C-D ratings. I havent really tried having Main event/upper midcard tag teams though. I imagine that'd help the ratings.

I LOVE tag team wrestling, so yeah...I like to book fairly strong tag divisions in any promotion I run. Right now in my SWF game I have: High Concept (any combo of Elmo, Groucho or Divine Mumford aka Darryl Devine) The Samoan Wildboyz The Montero Brothers The Bggz Boyz Cruise Control (Bumfholes) The Pain Alliance (in a non tag division related fued) Death Row (who don't see a LOT of action really) and some of my other games have even deeper tag rosters, the only exception being APW, I don't find there's enough Australian Talent to really keep a strong division, but maybe I'm just lazy, lol. To me tag teams are a great way to test workers out, see who can work and who cant. Test who is going to be midcarder jobber to the stars for life and who is going to break out.

Archived