what the best football sim to get as of today?

jbmagic

ok now that TPB 2005 is the best basketball sim and OOTP 6 the best baseball sim, i am ready for the best football sim out there.. what you guys recommend.....you guys are awesome and very helpful or best to wait for Arlie new football sim ? thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
best baseball OOTP 6? I don't want to start a riot here by stirring up this can of worms but what the hell.I think Puresim baseball 2004 is for many including me a better game or very close to close to call.To say that ootp 6 is the bset would be like saying Bush ran away with the election.IMHO.Sorry, nothing against OOTP 6 and Marcus but I really like Puresim and Shaun is a great guy.

Without doubt FOF2k4 right now. To make it perfect i would add the TPF2k3 draft expeience, but FOF2k4 engine is awesome. With FOF2k4 you also have the advantage of being able to import draft files from TCY (the colege football game) and run two worlds merged, from college to the NFL. About purchasing FOF2k4, well we are expecting a new game from Jim (FOF author) for this month (he never said anything about this but it's a common think betwen his fans). We don't know which game will be this new one, i hope a new version of FOF or TCY. TPF was a good game for it's first generation, specially playing as pure GM because the game strategies, etc was not so good to play as coach also. Let's see new greydogy football game, but it's so far away from now so i won't wait for it if you want to play now a football game. There are other good games too to play as coach, playcalling etc but this games don't have career mode, are just replay games.

FOF 2004 career aspect is the best football game. It's not very pretty game, it's basically numerous spreadsheets (I work on Excel most of the day so I don't mind it), and the draft is not even in the same league as TPF, but overall football gaming experience is superior.

Guest IrishHand
[QUOTE=jbmagic]i am ready for the best football sim out there..[/QUOTE] Championship Manager :p For American football, FOF2004 is the unquestioned leader in my mind.

championship manager 03/04 the maker of it..is releasing a new soccer game called football manager 2005.. i beleive the company split and they took there game and code and made this new one...but had to use a different name. [url]http://www.sigames.com/[/url] the other people at CM is going to make there own new soccer game called championship Manager 5 with a brand new code....so it wont be like past CM games..at least they could keep the name still.. [url]http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/[/url] if you guys like CM in the past then get football manager 2005 because it will be similar , but more improved, new features, etc... championship manager 5 could be great too...

[QUOTE=Danny Drickman]It wasn't really a company split. SI games was and is the sole developer of their games. They simply used Eidos as the distributor. All of the talent is still with SI games.[/QUOTE] thanks danny so Eidos will just make there own soccer game and use there name championship Manager still? how come SI could not keep the name?

Yeah, but everybody has been hyping Football Manager so far. Eidos would be wise to leave it alone ... which means they won't, lol. When it comes to American football, I've heard the best things about FOF but I don't own it myself. As far as Puresim and OOTP6, I have both and they're very compelling products. The one thing that Puresim has going for it over OOTP is the GM AI emulations. They're more team-specific, which [i](as Shaun & Markus will both testify)[/i] is an important thing to me [i](for more on the issue, go over to [url]www.ootpdevelpments.com[/url] and find my signature in the forum).[/i] They're both fantastic guys, and care deeply about their products. OOTP6 experienced some release problems (long story, again go there if you're interested) but its most recent patch/update has resolved them (minus h2h). With that version, OOTP6 is still tops in my books, but Shaun has made a great product and I play it as well. As an unrelated aside, I'm publishing a book later this year on the art of riding fences, and the hazards of barb wire & pickets while doing so. - Dan PS - I miss the OOTP forums!!!

[QUOTE=jbmagic]same here...i guess lack of soccer rule knowledge for me.. what american football sim you playing?[/QUOTE] TCY and FOF 2004. Both these games are a must for any text sim sports player. I have a TCY dynasty that just started over at FOFC. I not only play single player mode with FOF 2004, I'm also in an online league that has been quite fun. Try the FOF demo. Although nothing as far as graphics go, the game is very challenging on the hardest level and has alot of substance. Todd

FOF 2k4 looks good from what i read...wow is there real nfl roster updated for it? how accurate the stats on it? is the AI teams in solo challenging? will personal make a difference? for example if you have a bad offense line , will it be hard to run ? how is gameplan ? complex to set up? how online league? is fof 2k4 better than total pro football?

Guest IrishHand
"is there real nfl roster updated for it?" Not that I know of. "how accurate the stats on it?" Extremely. "is the AI teams in solo challenging?" Yes. "will personal make a difference? for example if you have a bad offense line , will it be hard to run ?" Yes, very hard. "how is gameplan ? complex to set up?" Depends on your expectations. It takes a while, but it's pretty intuitive. "how online league?" No idea. :) "is fof 2k4 better than total pro football?" The subject of much debate, but I don't think it's even close. For depth, accuracy and immersion, FOF2004 is far and away superior. The only thing that TPF has over FOF2004 is prettier graphics...but I'll take substance over style any day of the week.

FOF 2k4 looks good from what i read...wow is there real nfl roster updated for it? [b]Yes[/b] how accurate the stats on it? [b]Most accurate football sim out there, imo[/b] is the AI teams in solo challenging? [b]On wall street difficulty, yes[/b] will personal make a difference? for example if you have a bad offense line , will it be hard to run ? [b]yes, personnel makes a BIG difference[/b] how is gameplan ? complex to set up? [b]I let my coaches handle all that stuff, I'm more of a GM like in TPB[/b] how online league? [b]Check out the HFL: [url]http://hfl.majecc.net/[/url] - I'm the Falcons[/b] is fof 2k4 better than total pro football? [b]Never played past the demo in TPF, but aside from the draft, thanks Ben (Skydog at FOFC), I couldn't get into it as much as FOF 2004. Although TPF has recieved praise from many over at .400 studios[/b] Head over to FOFC and post a message about real NFL rosters. I also have 6-8 logo sets I made for FOF 2004. Todd

thanks so much so each coach and coordinator for offense and defense has there style of play they play and pick the gameplan style they like...so there like a puregm mode style on it? is there custom league size too? what Utility you recommend i will need for fof2k4 when i get it? i think fof 2k4 will be my next sim game to get soon.. no graphic or sound no biggie..but i glad game is stable and stats and game challenge is in it... but hopefully if fof 2k5 comes out it will add graphic interface and game sound.....

Archived