TCW Brand Split... HELP!!

Right here is the problem I have two TV shows as TCW and I have them both an hour long. but I have too many people in the main event and too many people on my roster overall but i dont want to fire any people so I was thinking lets do a brand split but I don’t want to get a couple of month down the line and be like oh no that was rubbish. So i need some help do the people of grey dog think I should do it or not.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;488860]Is everyone currently on your roster necessary? Assuming you have a developmental promotion, some of the young guys could be send there for a time. Or you could send one or two of the older guys down to train.[/QUOTE] yeah they are like i have 10 main eventers and theres not one i could get rid of i have MAW as my child company and i have 42 workers in there. i think thats my problem

I don't know what your roster looks like, but if it's anything like what you started with, I wouldn't recommend a brand split. You may have a big roster, but you also have a lot of television to use them. But I wouldn't recommend a brand split because only Cornell and maybe Troy Tornado have the skills necessary to carry a show. Can you really see a guy like Genghis Rhan or Tyson Baine supporting a program against anyone on their own? When WWE first did the brand split, they had Hogan, Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Triple H, Kurt Angle and Jericho in the main event, with an upper midcard including Booker T, RVD, Guerrero, the Hardyz, and Rhino, with guys like Benoit, HBK and Edge only a few months from recovery. It was an absolutely loaded roster, and the main event of every show didn't need to revolve around any one of those guys. Now, compare that to TCW's top stars: RDJ is gassed at 15 minutes and is only decent in terms of skills, but he looks great compared to Genghis, Buffalo and Baine (no stamina, mediocre brawlers), Sam Keith would be amazing five to ten years ago, but he's on the downslide, and Hawkins and Law have great potential, but they're both really green. I guess what I'm saying is unless you've got a promotion where you don't need to build every show around Tommy Cornell, you don't want a brand split.

I had the same problem with TCW, I made the brand split "TCW Traditional" & "TCW Modern" splitting the roster accordingly. Not very creative I know but the split was good for exposure and kept the same type of workers on each roster. The best thing is the past year I've surpassed SWF and signing some of their top talent they go straight to "TCW Modern" and are slowly taking over before a mega SWF vs TCW Traditional Feud at Total Mayhem.

[QUOTE=lazorbeak;488865]I don't know what your roster looks like, but if it's anything like what you started with, I wouldn't recommend a brand split. You may have a big roster, but you also have a lot of television to use them. But I wouldn't recommend a brand split because only Cornell and maybe Troy Tornado have the skills necessary to carry a show. Can you really see a guy like Genghis Rhan or Tyson Baine supporting a program against anyone on their own? When WWE first did the brand split, they had Hogan, Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Triple H, Kurt Angle and Jericho in the main event, with an upper midcard including Booker T, RVD, Guerrero, the Hardyz, and Rhino, with guys like Benoit, HBK and Edge only a few months from recovery. It was an absolutely loaded roster, and the main event of every show didn't need to revolve around any one of those guys. [/QUOTE] I see what your saying but i was going to use Johnny Bloodstone supporting Strong (Brand 1) and Tommy Cornell Supporting Chord (Brand 2) My Main Event Is: Joey Minnesota, RDJ, Tommy Cornell, Tyson Baine, Wolf Hawkins, A.J Jackson (Jumbo Jackson), Johnny Bloodstone, Maxi Marquez, Sam Keith and Troy Tornado. which i beleave to be all solid main eventers.

Archived