DOTM: Rookie

DOTM: Rookie  

51 members have voted

1. 1. DOTM: Rookie

• Marcel Fromage's "21CW: Style over Substance"
    • EricAdam's "PGHW The new mission statement"
    • Tyler Gadzinski's "TNA: The New Face of Pro Wrestling just got a New Face"
    • Bretter Person's 'North of the Border Pro Wrestling"
    • shamelessposer's "An MAW Story"
    • Diary Writing Tips

[U][size="3"][b]Rookie DOTM nominee's:[/b][/size][/U] [list][*] [thread=34661] Marcel Fromage's "21CW: Style over Substance"[/thread] [*] [thread=34857]EricAdam's "PGHW The new mission statement"[/thread] [*] [thread=34709]Tyler Gadzinski's "TNA: The New Face of Pro Wrestling just got a New Face"[/thread] [*] [thread=34784]Bretter Person's 'North of the Border Pro Wrestling"[/thread] [*] [thread=34757]shamelessposer's "An MAW Story"[/thread] [*] [thread=34894]Diary Writing Tips[/thread][/list]

It really has to be said that for a thread on how to write a diary to win this award, it really does mean that this award is kinda pointless! Not knocking any of the other nominees - but for an advice thread to win a diary award - just wow! :rolleyes: Please don't run this award any more as it de-values the other two awards having this months winner alongside them.

I don't have a problem with the category, as I feel that up and coming diary writers, or ones who show potential but haven't met the criteria or drawn the fanbase of established diaries should get a chance at recognition. but Rob is right in saying that it is something of a travesty that Diary Writing tips won. Not only is it not a diary, it didn't even stay on topic for most of it, and it does cheapen the nominations of the rookies who actually wrote a diary and took away votes from them. so in the future, i suggest amending the rookie qualifications to include have posted at least 1-2 shows to avoid this in the future.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;492292]I don't have a problem with the category, as I feel that up and coming diary writers, or ones who show potential but haven't met the criteria or drawn the fanbase of established diaries should get a chance at recognition. but Rob is right in saying that it is something of a travesty that Diary Writing tips won. Not only is it not a diary, it didn't even stay on topic for most of it, and it does cheapen the nominations of the rookies who actually wrote a diary and took away votes from them. so in the future, i suggest amending the rookie qualifications to include have posted at least 1-2 shows to avoid this in the future.[/QUOTE] tend to agree, not sure what the solution is, but with your help i have a month to come up with it. but it did get the most votes, so either there was not anything else worth voting for (which i don't believe), people thought this was the comedy choice. Or there are people out there who really thought the Diary Tips brought something to the table.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;492292]I don't have a problem with the category, as I feel that up and coming diary writers, or ones who show potential but haven't met the criteria or drawn the fanbase of established diaries should get a chance at recognition. but Rob is right in saying that it is something of a travesty that Diary Writing tips won. Not only is it not a diary, it didn't even stay on topic for most of it, and it does cheapen the nominations of the rookies who actually wrote a diary and took away votes from them. so in the future, i suggest amending the rookie qualifications to include have posted at least 1-2 shows to avoid this in the future.[/QUOTE] QFT.

The Diary tips was/is useful but I was surprised to see it nominated. Possibly include it in a separate section in the HoF and just leave this month's Rookie blank? Nominations for similar threads in future (if any) could just be treated as a nomination to include a perma-link to it in the HoF.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;492462]My suggestion is to make only diaries that have posted at least one show as legal for nomination in the rookie category. That should solve the issue right there.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=James Casey;492467]I can go along with that - unless it's a Watcher's Diary or similar :p[/QUOTE] Would I be better served to put a link in the hall of records & declare this month a tie between Marcel Fromage & Tyler Gadzinski?

Archived