SWF: Generation Supreme

I was really unsure on this card when I put it together. It was a bit of an experiment, as four of my biggest names on the brand weren't in action - Rich Money, Angry Gilmore, Jack Bruce, and Randy Bumfhole. They were in angles, but not in matches. I kinda wanted to see if it could work, and must admit I'm pretty to still be able to get a very solid show despite those four not wrestling. [QUOTE=randomfreeze;618275]Black Label Fight Club vs [B]Sin Inc (Joe Sexy + John McClean)[/B] [I]I really like the pairing of these two, and wish they were on screen more. But, I could say that about a lot of the characters you've created.[/I] Remo & Ace vs Los Diablos (Antonio Marquez vs Gino Montero) [I]I'll be interested to see in a few game months time if Ace's ego will be off the charts. Hopefully not, because you are definitely giving him superstar treatment.[/I][/QUOTE] Sin Inc are a duo I have plans for. I think they should be pretty fun for the next while. If good that you like them, as they should be on screen more in the future and will definitely be involved in the title chase for the tag belts for the next while. I've been pretty careful with the pushes for most of the younger talent, as I don't want to turn them into a new version of Big Smack Scott or something worse. I like Newton particularly because he's not only very talented but also a good locker room presence. I don't lack for those, but its never nice to lose one through your own fault, and even worse if they go the complete opposite and become a cancer. I am a bit concerned that his association with Money and Remo will push Ace up the card faster than I intend, but its been okay so far. While Newton is get in bigger matches because of that association, he isn't winning, dominating, or even looking particularly good. He's just gaining experience, in storyline terms and getting a bit of a rub in game terms. The last couple of matches haven't seem too much of a popularity bump for him, nothing out of the ordinary for his progress through the game thus far. But its definitely something I'm keeping an eye on.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]The Fry Report Preview[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/FryReport.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [quote][I]Every week on The Fry Report podcast will provide the latest information on everything Supreme. News, rumors, and interviews, all brought to you by the incomparable Duane Fry.[/I] [B]Preview for podcast available Wednesday, Week 1, September 2008[/B] "SWF Legends is always can't-miss action every week. But this week perhaps more than most. There are some big questions that need to be answered." "Maybe the biggest question in the entire Supreme Wrestling Federation right now is "what's going on with Vengeance?" The masked man they call The Harbinger has been on a reign of terror since joining the Legends brand, and really since the beginning of the year. He has now gone too far, defying the orders of Phil Vibert last week and getting himself taken away. I'm told that Vibert will this week address what is going happen to the monster, but my sources too me that it could be some time before we see Vengeance again... And perhaps never..." "Another big question that should be answered this week - who is going to face Christian Faith for the SWF Supreme Championship at Under Control 2008 in just eight days time? Brandon James and Steve Frehley both have claimed number one contender status after they fought to a draw at last month's Welcome to the Jungle event. I have an inkling that we could see a Frehley-versus-James match next week on Legends, but we'll have to wait to find out." "Faith will actually not be in action tonight, one of the first times he has not featured on Legends since winning the SWF Supreme Championship nearly two months ago. The champ will be in the building, and expect him to find a microphone somewhere. You won't want to miss what he may have to say!" "One slightly odd match on the card for tomorrow night is Troy Tornado taking on Kurt Laramee. "The King of the Streets" apparently requested a match against the man known as The Human Storm. Not sure what Tornado did to get Laramee's hackles up, but the match has been made. Laramee is going to have his hands full against the talented Tornado." "Its going to be a collision of two big men as Runaway Train faces off against newcomer Pistol Pete Hall. The veteran Hall has made quite an impression in the Supreme Wrestling Federation since joining, and he will be looking to add the two-time SWF World Heavyweight champions name his resume. This one could be a great match. "Some of the other Supreme Legends in action will include Steve Frehley and Ray Diaz, Rocky Golden and Bloodstone, and former world champion Enygma! Don't miss out! SWF Legends... only on CBA!" [/quote][B]The Fry Report will be available on SWF.com or directly from iTunes.[/B] [quote]An extra special feature for the Fry Report... A preview of the matches lined up for SWF Legends this week! [COLOR=Red]Paul Huntingdon[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]Chris Caufield[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]The Biggz Boys[/COLOR] vs[COLOR=Red] The Tokyo Underground[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]John Greed[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]Mainstream Hernandez[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Acid [/COLOR]for the [B]SWF Shooting Star Championship[/B] [COLOR=Blue]Donnie J[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Enygma[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Kurt Laramee[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Troy Tornado[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]High Concept[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Golden & Bloodstone[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Runaway Train[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]Pistol Pete Hall[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Mass Effect[/COLOR] ([COLOR=Blue]Steve Frehley[/COLOR] + [COLOR=Blue]Ray Diaz[/COLOR]) vs [COLOR=Red]The Watchmen[/COLOR] ([COLOR=Red]Bryan Holmes[/COLOR] + [COLOR=Red]JD Morgan[/COLOR]) [/quote][/FONT]

Great Supreme TV show, another awesome Money promo. Paul Huntingdon vs [B]Chris Caufield[/B] [I]Caufield is higher on the pecking order[/I] [B]The Biggz Boys[/B] vs The Tokyo Underground [I]I like Tokyo Underground better but the Biggz are getting more of a push[/I] John Greed vs Mainstream Hernandez vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship [I]I see Acid having a long reign[/I] Donnie J vs [B]Enygma[/B] [I]Enygma hasn't been around much in the last while so he wins picking up some momentum[/I] [B]Kurt Laramee[/B] vs Troy Tornado [I]I smell some Payne interference[/I] High Concept vs [B]Golden & Bloodstone[/B] [I]Bigger push[/I] Runaway Train vs [B]Pistol Pete Hall[/B] [I]Pete is showing to be reliable, is on the way up I believe[/I] Mass Effect (Steve Frehley + Ray Diaz) vs The Watchmen (Bryan Holmes + JD Morgan) [I]Some sort of double DQ, I think you won't have any of them job to each other just yet[/I] By the way, don't know if you saw Impact last thursday, but Kurt Angle totally stole the "I'm Money" catchphrase :)

[QUOTE=bitlos;618600]Great Supreme TV show, another awesome Money promo. By the way, don't know if you saw Impact last thursday, but Kurt Angle totally stole the "I'm Money" catchphrase :)[/QUOTE] The Money video promo was a last minute thing. I was actually going to leave him off the show completely, then that idea popped up. So I booked it and went with it, kinda like the Money & Remo golfing segment on Legends. I think it turned out to be one of the best pieces of the show. Rich Money is so fun to write at this point, so I'm glad it seems like he's pretty fun to read as well. The plans I have for him down the road should be pretty fun. I watched a bit of Impact last week, but missed that point. I try to watch TNA, but it starts to make my brain hurt after a bit, so I keep the doses short. If Angle stole Money's trademark, I may have to sue. Did I remember to send off the copyright paperwork? Ah crap....

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;618633]I watched a bit of Impact last week, but missed that point. I try to watch TNA, but it starts to make my brain hurt after a bit, so I keep the doses short. If Angle stole Money's trademark, I may have to sue. Did I remember to send off the copyright paperwork? Ah crap....[/QUOTE] If you have the show I think its in his locker room promo, in the first half hour if I remember correctly (I deleted it already). I couldn't help but to think of Rich Money when he said it, you totally have to sue them (can you imagine TNA staff's face if somebody accused them of stealing from a game's online forum? :D).

Paul Huntingdon vs [B]Chris Caufield[/B] The Biggz Boys vs [B]The Tokyo Underground[/B] John Greed vs Mainstream Hernandez vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship Donnie J vs [B]Enygma[/B] Kurt Laramee vs [B]Troy Tornado[/B] High Concept vs [B]Golden & Bloodstone [/B] [B]Runaway Train[/B] vs Pistol Pete Hall [B]Mass Effect (Steve Frehley + Ray Diaz)[/B] vs The Watchmen (Bryan Holmes + JD Morgan)

[QUOTE=bitlos;618636]If you have the show I think its in his locker room promo, in the first half hour if I remember correctly (I deleted it already). I couldn't help but to think of Rich Money when he said it, you totally have to sue them (can you imagine TNA staff's face if somebody accused them of stealing from a game's online forum? :D).[/QUOTE] Sweet! If the wrestlers from my diary are what pop to mind at times when you readers are watching the "real" thing, then I must be doing something at least sorta right. As for TNA, I'm pretty sure having them steal some stuff from here (not just me) would help things a lot. I keep trying to give them a chance, but every time I watch, it seems like they give me another reason not to bother watching. The reason for this post, though, is that I finally broke down and did what I should have done a week ago - took my wireless-less laptop in for a fix. Working on the Legends show at the moment, but I'm thinking things might be slow going on the backup laptop I'm using - it overheats and shuts down with almost no notice. Hope to manage to get this show up by the weekend, but I just don't know how this is going to work.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;619077]Sweet! If the wrestlers from my diary are what pop to mind at times when you readers are watching the "real" thing, then I must be doing something at least sorta right. As for TNA, I'm pretty sure having them steal some stuff from here (not just me) would help things a lot. I keep trying to give them a chance, but every time I watch, it seems like they give me another reason not to bother watching. The reason for this post, though, is that I finally broke down and did what I should have done a week ago - took my wireless-less laptop in for a fix. Working on the Legends show at the moment, but I'm thinking things might be slow going on the backup laptop I'm using - it overheats and shuts down with almost no notice. Hope to manage to get this show up by the weekend, but I just don't know how this is going to work.[/QUOTE] I definitely agree that they should do a lot better with the talent they have, I have been considering stop seeing it but I keep watching it more out of habit than anything else. I did however actually thought that Impact last week was surprisingly good, way better than what they have been doing lately, still haven't seen Lockdown, which of course will probably be another disappointment. Hope everything turns out ok with your laptop.

[QUOTE=bitlos;619249]I definitely agree that they should do a lot better with the talent they have, I have been considering stop seeing it but I keep watching it more out of habit than anything else. I did however actually thought that Impact last week was surprisingly good, way better than what they have been doing lately, still haven't seen Lockdown, which of course will probably be another disappointment. Hope everything turns out ok with your laptop.[/QUOTE] Its kinda weird - I keep watching here and there because I want to like TNA. I like a number of their workers - Samoa Joe is a favorite, and actually got to meet him in Houston - and I would love an actual alternative to the WWE. Instead, its basically a "well, if there's absolutely nothing else to do, I guess I could watch TNA..." type deal. When I watch, I often find myself criticizing it and getting annoyed, and really, I just want to be entertained. More and more, they remind me of late WCW, just before it died. I'm hoping they can pull things together, but I'm not exactly holding my breath. At least ROH is on TV now, even if it is a very different ROH. I'm thinking the laptop deal should be cool. I just have to be careful not to run more than one application at once - at least, that approach is working so far. Its gonna suck if they take longer than expected with the repairs, though, as I only have this one show ready booked and ready to go to write. Its also going to suck if they find a reason to wipe my HD - I backed up the important stuff, but it would take awhile to get everything back. Not a happy thought.

Okay, so its been awhile since I made a "I'm feeling burned out" post, so I figured its time! Seriously, I'm starting to get to that point again. I've been working on the Legends show over the past few days and realizing its starting to feel more and more like work. That's not a good thing. Its been going that way for a bit now, but it feels like its getting worse lately. I think it comes down to three things. One is plain out burnout. Two is the itch. And three is the frustration at the pace that things are moving now. Now I'm thinking I'm done - not by a long shot. This isn't a diary that was intended to tell one concise story and then end when that was done - I have a lot of stories to tell in this one and I don't feel like I'm near done in that regard. Though I have plans well beyond that, I would like to at least make it through the end of 2008. That's a long way away, tough. A lot of shows to get there. Therein likes part of the problem. The burnout is natural and happens every so often, I think. I just realized the diary has been going now for six months real time. That's about ten times longer than I really figured it would last, and longer than I can recall spending on any such project. I've started to feel burned out on this at times before and just pushed through, which is what I expect to do here. I've had the itch to play other games with other promotions a few times... or start over with the SWF. As it would significantly take away from the time I put towards this, I've fought the urge thus far. But I recently had a couple ideas - good ones - for a TCW game. One that tempts to me start a diary about it. Though I would structure it to take less time than this one does, I don't know that I can deal with two diaries at once... We'll have to see what happens with that once I get my laptop back and whether I actually start that game... The third issue is one I can at least try to do something about. I can't say I really regret the brand split and the huge roster - it seems to fit my how I envision the SWF would be, and I think the idea of brands that offer different versions of the product is something they might do. I have concidered killing the brand split and maybe even the second show, but I really don't like that idea. And while there is some roster reduction I can do, a lot of workers do still have a role that I intended for them. That said, booking three shows a week isn't exactly quick... Then doing full write-ups on two of them is unbelievably time consuming. Each full show takes somewhere between 5 and 10 hours, on average. I could reduce the graphic content of each show, but that's a relatively small portion of the time it takes to put together a show. Its not quick, but the writing takes far longer. I'm going to reduce the roster a bit (just to reduce clutter) and cut back each of the A shows to 2 hours per week. That will probably be 1-2 less matches and 1-2 less angles per show. The main thing I'm going to try is two fold. One, I think I'm going to go to a recap style for the SWF Legends show. I still feel that Supreme TV is the primary show. What I'm thinking is that I will still use full graphics, but have one or two line descriptions for each match or angle, rather than full descriptions like I use now. The second adjustment will be to focus on certain storylines on the Supreme TV brand, and the lesser ones getting the short recap style as well. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I'm guessing more readers are more interested in Rich Money and his antics than Art Reed or Robbie Retro... The reason I'm posting this is that I am very much open to suggestions. If you've got something, I'm willing to hear it (well, read it) and concider it.

Guest cmdrsam
Doesnt surprise me. Was worried with the 2 shows and your constent entertaining story telling. If its work then its time to take a break. Maybe the feeling will come back. Either way, you have had a great run. I hope you do get ever the blahs. But if you think its time to do another venture, if you post it, I sure as heck will read it. You have my support in what ever you wish to do bud.

I'd suggest doing a highlight show rather than recap - similar to Afterburn and the other WWE shows where they hit the high points of an A-show, but condense it so you get the big spots, the money promos and so on. To be honest, I'm toying with the idea of doing a three-way brand split, adding a results-only third brand that covers the least-over areas my fed visits, and that could be something to consider for some of your shows where not much happens. The other is to consider doing an Internet write-up where the angles and matches flow into one another - like I try to do with my On Tour results. Pre-match Angle, Match, Post-match Angle all in one paragraph. But hey, you could just play on a spell for your own amusement, throw up an occasional Random Thought/highlight post, and when you get to the point where you're ready to get back into the game, do a recap post where you bring us back up to speed. If you're feeling washed out, though, then take a break. I often find that I just need a day or two away from the game - or even just spend a day playing another fed to make me realise how thoroughly I've set up my game to be what I want (admittedly not a Global colossus with no competition and six hours of crash TV to book each week... :p) so you too may find that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Thanks guys. For the suggestions and the support. At this point, I'm just looking at options. I can't do anything game-wise until I get my laptop back. That's probably at least a week. As the Legends show I'm working on should be done in a couple of days, there isn't much else I can do besides a Random Thoughts segment which is already in the pipe. So I will have a bit of a break from it. I guess a lot can change between now and when I get the laptop back. I'm concerned that any extended break would make it tough for me to get back into the stories. That has happened to me on other projects like this in the past - those "short breaks" of a few weeks or a month tend to kill it off, even when I have the best intentions to come back to it. I've also concidered the book ahead a couple of months and then catch up with the writing, but that's caused me problems in the past. It is an option, though. As for the temptation of the TCW game and possibly even diary, coming up with ideas for a new and different diary has resulted in me re-examine so much of what I've done in this one. Tough not to be critical of some of the decisions I've made, but I its a learning experience.

Having just come back from a 3-4 week hiatus from working on [I]my[/I] diary, I have to say I fully recommend taking a break. If it's feeling like a chore, if you're feeling under pressure, just stop for a little while. Taking the timetable out of the equation really loosened things up for me. I could step back and look at the big picture. I could write if I felt like it, without feeling obligated. I could work on different projects without feeling guilty. It was great, and now I'm back even more super-excited about my diary than ever. Personally, as a reader, I do find your diary a tad overwhelming. There's just so much going on, so many characters and so many stories. I guess that's the price of running a successful SWF game, but... you don't need to be writing that much for this project to be memorable. Cut the show length, have fewer segments, tighten up the roster. Focus on the stories you want to tell in as concise a way as possible. If a segment isn't fun to write, just don't write it. It's the characters fault for being boring.

[QUOTE=Self;620990]Having just come back from a 3-4 week hiatus from working on [I]my[/I] diary, I have to say I fully recommend taking a break. If it's feeling like a chore, if you're feeling under pressure, just stop for a little while. Taking the timetable out of the equation really loosened things up for me. I could step back and look at the big picture. I could write if I felt like it, without feeling obligated. I could work on different projects without feeling guilty. It was great, and now I'm back even more super-excited about my diary than ever. Personally, as a reader, I do find your diary a tad overwhelming. There's just so much going on, so many characters and so many stories. I guess that's the price of running a successful SWF game, but... you don't need to be writing that much for this project to be memorable. Cut the show length, have fewer segments, tighten up the roster. Focus on the stories you want to tell in as concise a way as possible. If a segment isn't fun to write, just don't write it. It's the characters fault for being boring.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the input, Self. There's no pressure but what I put on myself, but it does feel like a chore at times. The joy of the writing is still there, but its just a bit more sporadic. At this point, I do think that the best solution is finding a way to make things quicker. I'll probably start making any changes after the PPV, which is only a couple of shows away. I may vary the show style based on the importance. So one episode of Supreme TV will get a full show write-up, while the next one will only get the shorter recap style if the angles aren't quite as important, like JC suggested. I will likely trim the roster down a bit, but it won't be too many regulars disappearing from TV. I will have to learn to worry less about getting some guys involved in storylines and angles - some guys are just going to have to float. As for the size of diary - not just the length - being a problem for the reader, that is definitely something I've been concerned about. There are just so many workers to keep track of, which is especially tough for the more casual readers. It probably also makes it intimidating for new readers trying to read through and catch up - already a problem, given how much things like writing style and characterizations have changed over time. So changes like this may help in that regard too.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;621031]Thanks for the input, Self. There's no pressure but what I put on myself, but it does feel like a chore at times. The joy of the writing is still there, but its just a bit more sporadic.[/QUOTE] I get that from time to time on PPPW. I find that they go away when I know I'm due to hit a landmark or when a major arc's due to start/hit its stride/culminate - I imagine that with SWF, this pretty much translates to 'key points of stories and major PPVs', which is a bit less often. Hopefully the pace picks back up for you soon.

[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;621033]I get that from time to time on PPPW. I find that they go away when I know I'm due to hit a landmark or when a major arc's due to start/hit its stride/culminate - I imagine that with SWF, this pretty much translates to 'key points of stories and major PPVs', which is a bit less often. Hopefully the pace picks back up for you soon.[/QUOTE] Thanks PS. The PPVs are definitely the focus for me now. They weren't so much at first, but I've changed that. I've worked on trying to have the TV shows build towards the PPV. Its where I tend to have a lot of things culminate, a lot of feuds end, and where the big reveals happen. They're fun to write and fun to build towards... but it takes so long and that is part of what's frustrating at this point. Writing up eight full shows between PPVs is just too much. The brand split isn't going anywhere, so something has to change... I think the shorter writing style will work... but I still open to further suggestions...

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;621041]Thanks PS. The PPVs are definitely the focus for me now. They weren't so much at first, but I've changed that. I've worked on trying to have the TV shows build towards the PPV. Its where I tend to have a lot of things culminate, a lot of feuds end, and where the big reveals happen. They're fun to write and fun to build towards... but it takes so long and that is part of what's frustrating at this point. Writing up eight full shows between PPVs is just too much. The brand split isn't going anywhere, so something has to change... I think the shorter writing style will work... but I still open to further suggestions...[/QUOTE] I'm not sure if it would be good for you, but I always had this idea of running a National (+) promotion and instead of recapping everything, you just recap the PPVs. The kicker? To cover what happens during TV you'd run a large "preview show" in which you'd hype the matches. Now this "show" would probably span a number of posts, one for each match (or at least the big ones), and would include the key happens including promos and angles for each feud. The only problem is that you'd miss out on some of the undercard TV only feuds that are sometimes the best parts of promotions that size.

[QUOTE=foolinc;621047]I'm not sure if it would be good for you, but I always had this idea of running a National (+) promotion and instead of recapping everything, you just recap the PPVs. The kicker? To cover what happens during TV you'd run a large "preview show" in which you'd hype the matches. Now this "show" would probably span a number of posts, one for each match (or at least the big ones), and would include the key happens including promos and angles for each feud. The only problem is that you'd miss out on some of the undercard TV only feuds that are sometimes the best parts of promotions that size.[/QUOTE] That's a pretty cool idea. It probably wouldn't be an approach I would want to use in the near future, but if I managed to get through 2008 and wanted to change things up a bit for 2009, that could work really well. But yeah, some guys would get missed, as I really only feature the top guys on the pay per views at this point, which seems to work very very well. Still, it would keep the reader up to date on the major events and storylines, while reducing the time between the pay per view events. Based off of James Casey's suggestion, I also had the idea of just doing a weekly recap of the shows. Just a paragraph or two description of each show and the notable events that happened. Again, not an approach I would want to use right away but down the road, it could be a way to keep things going in this one.

In a way, it could be a website-like look at results: [CENTER][/LEFT]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]SWF.com Supreme TV results![/CENTER][/B]
[LEFT][B]Faith vs. Remo[/B] Why it happened What happened next [B]Elmo and Groucho get the Munchies[/B] Your Sky Club champions visit White Castle [B]Angry vs. Scout vs. Guide[/B] Eisen's revenge![LEFT][LIST] [*]Bumfhole vs. Bumfhole at next show? [*]What Money can buy [*]A look at Remo [*]Sexy's guide to pleasing him [/LIST] [B]Finding Vengeance[/B] Our intrepid reporter searches for the masked man in Cleveland [B]Results summary[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]
[/CENTER] No doubt it could be tidier, but you get the idea :)

[QUOTE=James Casey;621179]In a way, it could be a website-like look at results: [CENTER][/LEFT]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]SWF.com Supreme TV results![/CENTER][/B]
[LEFT][B]Faith vs. Remo[/B] Why it happened What happened next [B]Elmo and Groucho get the Munchies[/B] Your Sky Club champions visit White Castle [B]Angry vs. Scout vs. Guide[/B] Eisen's revenge![LEFT][LIST] [*]Bumfhole vs. Bumfhole at next show? [*]What Money can buy [*]A look at Remo [*]Sexy's guide to pleasing him [/LIST] [B]Finding Vengeance[/B] Our intrepid reporter searches for the masked man in Cleveland [B]Results summary[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]
[/CENTER] No doubt it could be tidier, but you get the idea :)[/QUOTE] Like the layout... love the booking ideas... Vengeance lost in Cleveland? Yes please! If it was good enough for Cactus Jack and the WCW, then it has to work in Supreme! And Benson and Bling go to White Castle is so stolen for future use... Should have the Legends show up sometime tonight. Pretty close to being done.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;621591]Like the layout... love the booking ideas... Vengeance lost in Cleveland? Yes please! If it was good enough for Cactus Jack and the WCW, then it has to work in Supreme! And Benson and Bling go to White Castle is so stolen for future use... Should have the Legends show up sometime tonight. Pretty close to being done.[/QUOTE] I'm not going to lie. I'm planning on stealing the White Castle segment for RPW. Only it will include Donnie J.

[QUOTE=foolinc;621599]I'm not going to lie. I'm planning on stealing the White Castle segment for RPW. Only it will include Donnie J.[/QUOTE] Fine. Be that way. But just for spite, I'm going to job the hell out of Donnie J in the SWF! Oh wait, I was going to do that anyway... You can do White Castle. I'll do a Burger King segment. James Casey can have McDonald's. Phantom Stranger can do a segment around Wendy's. Uh, Tiger Kinney can do Arby's... Do they have Arby's in Puerto Rico?

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]SWF Legends[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/TV%20Shows/Banners/LegendsBanner.jpg[/IMG] [B]Wednesday, Week 1, September 2008 Wisconsin Gardens (Great Lakes) - 10,000[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poGsYxYENs0"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [SIZE=4]Announcers[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/DuaneFrySmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/PhilVibertSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/MelanieFlorenceSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Duane Fry - Phil Vibert - Melanie Florence[/B] ________________________________________[/CENTER] [B]Duane Fry[/B]: I would like to welcome everyone to SWF Legends! I am joined by the dynamic duo, Melanie Florence and Phil Vibert! [B]Melanie Fry[/B]: That's dynamic trio, Duane... Hey, where's Phil? [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/PhilVibertRegSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Phil Vibert In-Ring Segment[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAfeCViJEK0"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] The crowd pops big for Phil Vibert as he stomps down from the [I]commentator’s booth and climbs into the ring. The man does not seem happy, and he waves the crowd noise down quite quickly. [/I] [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: I’m afraid you fans will have to survive without your weekly Mr. Tyler Says for this week. Instead, you get to hear from me. Don’t worry, I’m not particularly happy about it either. I’d much prefer to do my talking in the booth up there, but someone needs to act like they give a d*mn about what happens on this brand, and I can’t count of Eric Tyler doing that. [I]Vibert pauses for a moment and allows that sink in.[/I] [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Now, the real reason I am out here tonight is because of Vengeance. You all saw what happened last week. DeBones was warned that his behavior would not be tolerated. He chose not to alter his behavior and now he faces the consequences of that. There are always consequences for our decisions. No one here should forget that. [I]Vibert pauses again. [/I] [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Because of the decisions that Vengeance has made of late, he won’t be seen on SWF Legends for some time. He’s getting the help he needs. If that doesn’t work, he may never been seen on SWF Legends again. Or any Supreme Wrestling Federation programming. Attacking fellow wrestlers is one thing… but intimidating and even harming non-wrestlers and even women? Vengeance crossed a line. He’s not the first, but he d*mned well better be the last. [I]Vibert is starting to pace around the ring a bit. He’s doing something he hasn’t really done since he started in the SWF – working himself into one of his trademark rants. [/I] [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: You see, I like to consider myself a fairly perceptive person. I know many of you fans out there are very perceptive. So if you’re like me, you might have been wondering about the chance that Vengeance went through. When he stopped calling himself DeBones and started calling himself Vengeance. Certainly not the first wrestler to reinvent himself, but the change was pretty thorough. Pretty convincing. I’ve known Skull DeBones for a long time. Our working relationship goes back to when he was first starting out in this business. He was always a bit different. Always wore the mask, never socialized much, always had a bit of a sadistic streak. But he wasn’t a “random violence” or “torturing small animals” kind of guy. He knew to keep it in the ring. Then, at the end of last year, he changed. Something broke. You all remember when he attacked Christian Faith with that chain and told the world to call him “Vengeance”… [I]Vibert stops, chewing on his lips while he muses and remembers.[/I] [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: I came to the SWF shortly after that, and Vengeance was not the same man. I don’t know how else to explain it, but the Skull DeBones that I knew was gone. There was a different man behind that mask. A twisted, psychotic, and hateful man. A dangerous man. We’ve all seen what he is capable of, time and again. Now I kept my mouth shut about this, but after last week, no more. This might even get me fired, but you know what? I don’t give a d*mn! [I] The crowd roars at his catch phrase. Vibert is in full swing now, barking at the crowd like a southern lawyer trying to sway a jury. [/I] Phil Vibert: Something changed Skull DeBones into Vengeance. A man does not simply decide to become a twisted and hateful shell of himself. I don’t know what changed DeBones, but I d*mned sure am going to find out. I’ve heard some things and I have my suspicions, but I need proof. Whatever or whoever is responsible for Vengeance will be brought to bear. [I]Vibert stops once more, adding extra emphasis…[/I] [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: The Supreme Wrestling Federation will know justice once again. [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Melanie Florence[/B]: Phil seems a wee touch angry. [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChrisCaulfieldSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/AristocratSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Chris Caufield vs Paul Huntingdon[/B] [URL="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1TUCewbAhOY"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9x5nF8aPbMw"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] The match is pretty much all Caufield. The veteran isn’t able to put the youngster away too quickly, as the first couple of pin attempts are kicked out from, but he maintains most of the offense. A solid though not spectacular match to open the show. [B][CENTER]Chris Caufield Wins at 6:53 via Pinfall Grade: B-[/CENTER] [/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChrisCaulfieldSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Chris Caufield In-Ring Challenge[/B][/CENTER] [I]After the match, Caufield doesn’t leave the ring. Instead he paces back and forth in the ring several times, looking like a caged animal. He seems to be contemplating his next move. He calls for a microphone.[/I] [B]Chris Caufield[/B]: You fans don’t get to hear me talk so often. I’m not a talker. I prefer allowing my actions to speak for me. That’s something a few more here in the SWF might try. Seems more of you like talking than doing anything else at all. That goes for you, Eric Tyler – you used to be someone who valued actions over words. [I]This earns the expected cheer. [/I] [B]Chris Caufield[/B]: My friend Phil Vibert came out here a short while ago and said what needed to be said. That inspired me. Some things need to be said. So Kurt Larmee, get yourself out here! [I]There is a cheer from the crowd at Caufield calling out “The King of the Streets”. It takes a moment, but Laramee emerges. Not alone, but with his entourage. They come out as far as the stage.[/I] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/KurtLarameeSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/RogerDodgerAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ShadyKSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/KnucklesSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Kurt Laramee, RC Dodger, Shady K + Knuckles[/B][/CENTER] [B]Kurt Laramee[/B]: Yo, you got something to say to me? [B]Chris Caufield[/B]: I got a few things. You like to call yourself “The King of the Streets”. But these aren’t the streets, Laramee, and you aren’t the king of anything. [B]Kurt Laramee[/B]: What you say to me? [B]Chris Caufield[/B]: See, I know what you’ve been trying to do. And I don’t like it. I don’t take too kindly to anyone trying to make their name off of me. Thinking they can make a mark if they can just take me down. You’ve been trying that for a long time, Laramee, long before we ever get here to the SWF. It didn’t work back then and it won’t work now. Kurt Laramee: How about I come down there right and make a mark on you? [I]Dodger holds Laramee back as he makes like he might charge the ring. [/I] [B]Chris Caufield[/B]: I have me some unfinished business with Bloodstone over the Legends championship. That can wait, Laramee. You want to step up and face me, then let’s make it happen. I don’t care when and you can put whatever stipulations you want on it… first blood, last man standing, no disqualification, whatever. [B]Kurt Laramee[/B]: You think you can handle what I got? You’re crazy. [B]Chris Caufield[/B]: We can even do it right now if you want! [I]Laramee starts to head down to the ring, but he is held back by Dodger. The manager grabs the microphone.[/I] [B]RC Dodger[/B]: At the pay per view, boys. At Under Control. [I] Caufield and Laramee stare at each other over the distance while Laramee’s friends pull him of the stage. [/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: B[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: Do we have another match for Under Control 2008 then? [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Laramee has no idea what he just got himself into. Caufield is angry. [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/BartBiggzSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/BrettBiggzSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/FumihiroOtaalt7Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/KazumaNaratoalt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [B]The Biggz Brothers vs The Tokyo Underground[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c126VLSjqR0&feature=related"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnfFTVjRpLI"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] The trademark teamwork of The Biggz Boyz is the difference in this one. Stable Master Miwa attempts to direct his team to victory and gets involved when that doesn’t seem to be working, but it isn’t enough to make the difference. Bart gets the pin on Narato. [B][CENTER]Bart Biggz Wins at 7:04 via Pinfall Grade: C[/CENTER] [/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/BartBiggzSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/BrettBiggzSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Bart Biggz + Brett Biggz In-Ring Promo[/B][/CENTER] [I]After the match, Stable Master Miwa begins to berate Ota and Narato in Japanese, shouting at them all the way to the back. The Biggz brothers celebrate for a few moments, then make to depart. Bart doesn’t jump out of the ring when his brother does, however. Brett looks confused and motions for Bart to leave with him. Instead, Bart motions for a microphone while Brett just shakes his head. [/I] [B]Bart Biggz[/B]: So I’m not really sure who I’m supposed to talk to at this point about getting a match – Mr. Tyler or Mr. Vibert. So I’ll ask both – I want a shot at the Shooting Star championship. Me and Acid, one on one. I don’t care if it’s at the pay per view or here on Legends next week. Please, someone… make it happen! [I]With that, Bart drops the microphone and rolls out of the ring. He then follows his brother up the ramp. [/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: B-[/CENTER] [/B][/quote] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/JohnGreedSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/MainstreamHernandezSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/AcidSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Belts/SWF/Alts/Mid/SWF_Shooting_Star_altMid.jpg[/IMG] [B]John Greed vs Mainstream Hernandez vs Acid SWF Shooting Star Championship Match[/B] [URL="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=taspcBxs48Q"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApnhO2OIrw"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJol1EOmF88"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] The match showcases the bad side of the Sky Club Division, as its little more than spot-fest and very much lacks any notable flow. The presence of Acid trying to marshal everything along can’t quite save this one, though the last few moments of the match do save it to an extent. Mainstream – aka “Kid Liquid” – takes himself out when he goes for a top rope splash to the outside and catches the security barrier in the chest instead. Acid gets the Acidity Test submission on Greed a short time later. [B][CENTER]Acid Wins at 8:14 via Submission Grade: C[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/PistolPeteHallSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/AnaGarciaSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Pistol Pete Hall + Ana Garcia Backstage Interview[/B][/CENTER] [I]Ana Garcia has Pistol Pete Hall on the backstage interview set. [/I] [B]Ana Garcia[/B]: I’m here with Pistol Pete Hall, a man who has made quite an impression since he join the Supreme Wrestling Federation. [B]Pistol Pete Hall[/B]: A big hoss makes a big impression, Ana. [B]Ana Garcia[/B]: Now I’m told you want to try to make an even bigger impression… [B]Pistol Pete Hall[/B]: I ain’t worried about making an impression. Now I’m not a sensitive man, and getting called Pissy Petey by Rich money don’t get my dander up much. But I tell you, I don’t like a bully. [B]Ana Garcia[/B]: You think Rich Money is a bully? [B]Pistol Pete Hall[/B]: I reckon. Might be a helluva talent and he might be the champion, but a bully is a bully. Don’t matter if it’s on the playground or in the ring. Some men don’t get bullied so easy, Money, and I’m one of ‘em. [B]Ana Garcia[/B]: So are you challenging Rich Money? [B]Pistol Pete Hall[/B]: If he’s man enough. Don’t really care if he puts that belt of his on the line or not. I just want to see if you’re tough as you talk. Cuz I’m as tough as old leather, son. [I]With that, Hall walks away. A smiling Ana Garcia just shrugs at the camera.[/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: Rich Money… Pistol Pete Hall… Now that would be a match! [quote][CENTER] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/DonnieJSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/EnygmaBWSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Donnie J vs Enygma[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aauw4E6YUU"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnyRUzgqj7k"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] Enygma controls the match throughout, without the newcomer Donnie J being able to generate a great deal of offense. This one gets close to squash match territory and the fans just aren't particularly interested in it. The former champion gets the win with his Enygma Variation submission. [B][CENTER]Enygma Wins at 6:42 via Submission Grade: C-[/CENTER] [/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Managers%20Alt/GrandmasterPhunkalt1Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/EnygmaBWSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Grandmaster Bling + Enygma In-Ring Segment[/B][/CENTER] [I]After his match, Enygma starts to leave the ringside area, but he is stopped by Grandmaster Bling. The manager grabs a microphone.[/I] [B]Grandmaster Bling[/B]: The Supreme Wrestling Federation never ceased to amaze or disgust me! The masked man you see before you has scaled the highest mountain in this promotion and breathed the thin air at the top of the world. And what thanks does he get now? Midcard matches against kids making their debut. For shame, SWF. This man should be treated like the tumultuous and tremendous talent that he is. Respect! [B][CENTER]Grade: C+[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][quote][CENTER] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/KurtLarameeSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/TroyTornadoAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Kurt Laramee vs Troy Tornado[/B] [URL="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ1G0-ddAiA"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_UKfsWBWSE"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] A solid match that shows off Laramee's limitations in the ring with really making him look weak. When Tornado chooses to brawl, the match is fairly even. When he chooses instead to approach things from a different angle, Laramee just can't overcome Tornado's technical superiority. Laramee manages to avoid look weak, however, as he is smart enough to take the match outside and use the environment outside the ring to his advantage. A bit of interference from Dodger really turns the match in Laramee's favor, but the still-heel-but-just-barely Tornado battles back to the crowd's delight. After booting Dodger off the ring apron, Tornado hits his Star Maker finisher on his opponent and gets the three count. [B][CENTER]Troy Tornado Wins at 10:22 via Pinfall Grade: B[/CENTER] [/B][/quote] [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/EmmaChaseAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/BigCatBrandonSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Emma Chase + Brandon James In-Ring Segment[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj_L_GNXvUg"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] [I]Emma Chase leads Brandon James out through the Supreme Gate. They come out to Emma’s music rather than Brandon’s. Rather than coming down to the ring, they stop on the stage. Chase is smirking as she takes a microphone, but the crowd has to quiet down for her talk.[/I] [B]Emma Chase[/B]: Boo all you want, but someday you fans are going to learn to appreciate real talent. Brandon and I are the best things going in the entire Supreme Wrestling Federation, and you have to be stupid not to realize it. [I]This, obviously, draws another round of jeers from the crowd.[/I] [B]Emma Chase[/B]: But we’re not out here to point out the obvious. No, we’re here to make an announcement. After a difficult round of negotiations with Mr. Tyler over the past week, I’m happy to announce that Brandon James will be facing Christian Faith at Under Control 2008 for the SWF Supreme Championship! [I]Emma applauds while the crowd reacts negatively. Brandon can’t quite manage to react at all[/I]. [B]Emma Chase[/B]: I knew that Mr. Tyler was intelligent enough to see reason. It was just a matter of making it clear for him, so that he could make the right decision. Now once Brandon here becomes the SWF Supreme champion – and he will win that belt – you fans better learn to treat him with the respect he deserves! [I]At Emma’s urging, Brandon poses for the crowd, which draws even stronger boos. The duo then depart.[/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Right decision? I don’t think Tyler’s made one yet! [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ElmoBensonSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/GrouchoBlingSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/JohnnyBloodstoneSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]High Concept vs Golden & Bloodstone[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzpijLuO5qs&feature=related"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_19EEUAr-H4"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] A match that displays both the excitement and limitations of the Sky Club Division. The smaller but experienced duo manage to give the Golden Faction pair more trouble that one would expect, mainly due to their teamwork and quickness. The match starts with Golden and Benson in the ring, and The Golden Boy tosses the Canadian around for a bit before Bling encourages his partner to "make him chase", which Benson does. Golden can't use his size advantage if he can't get his hands on his opponent. That theory works against Golden, but not so much against Bloodstone. The SWF Sky Club Division tag team champions do manage to use some teamwork against the Legends champion, but that only works so far. When Golden and Bloodstone manage to isolate either of their opponents, they manage to inflict some serious damage. It starts to get ugly when the teamwork and quickness elements are taken away from High Concept. Bloodstone gets the submission win over Benson with his Bloodstone Mutilation while Bling is put in The Rack by Golden outside the ring. [B][CENTER]Bloodstone Wins at 9:12 via Submission Grade: B[/CENTER] [/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/KristenPearceAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/JohnnyBloodstoneSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/TexasPeteSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Rocky Golden, Kristen Pearce, Bloodstone + Texas Pete In-Ring Promo[/B][/CENTER] [I]After Bloodstone’s win, the Legends champion and Rocky Golden stick around in the ring. He is soon joined by the rest of The Golden Faction. It’s Rocky Golden who grabs the microphone and addresses the crowd.[/I] [B]Rocky Golden[/B]: I have to admit that I’m at a loss. I simply don’t understand what a man has to do to get some respect around here. Oh, sure, I got thrown into the main event last week. A shot at Faith’s Supreme Championship… on short notice and with Frehley in the ring, too. That isn’t the kind of “Golden Opportunity” that I deserve! [B]Kristen Pearce[/B]: Of course not! [B]Rocky Golden[/B]: Since I arrived in the SWF, I’ve proven again and again that I am one of the premier talents this Federation has. I have more charisma than the entire rest of this brand put together. Does that get me the respect? No. I almost never lose. Does that me the respect? No. So what does a Golden Boy have to do around these parts? [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/TroyTornadoAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Troy Tornado[/B][/CENTER] [I]The crowd reacts as Troy Tornado strolls out through the Supreme Gate and onto the stage. He is still in his ring gear and he has a microphone in his hand. [/I] [B]Troy Tornado[/B]: You want respect, Golden? How about accomplishing something? [B]Rocky Golden[/B]: You’re one to talk. Unless you count getting beat down by that guy in the leather mask last month…. [B]Troy Tornado[/B]: You know, that’s true. I haven’t made enough of an impact since I joined the SWF. Which is also why you don’t see me out here demanding respect I haven’t earned. [B]Rocky Golden[/B]: So you admit it! [B]Troy Tornado[/B]: Of course I do! Not everyone lives in denial like you do, Rocky. Now, you may feel that a win over Ray Diaz when he shouldn’t have even been wrestling is an accomplishment… but how about trying to beat him now? Or better yet… how about taking on me? [I]The challenge seems to take Golden by surprise. He blusters a bit.[/I] [B]Rocky Golden[/B]: Well... I’m sure…I know you’d like a chance to get in the ring with someone as accomplished as me, but honestly, you aren’t worth my time, Tornado. I have more important people to destroy. [B]Troy Tornado[/B]: Oh, I’m sure you do, Rocky. I’m sure you do. Just remember – it’s an open offer. [I] With that, Tornado departs and heads back through the Supreme Gate. Rocky Golden looks annoyed.[/I] [B]Rocky Golden[/B]: Now, back to what’s really important – me! I know you’re in the back listening, Mr. Tyler. Now please, give me the respect I deserve… or me and the Faction here are going to have to force things. And that isn’t going to be pleasant for anyone. [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: Golden certainly does talk a good game. [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/PistolPeteHallSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/RunawayTrainAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Pistol Pete Hall vs Runaway Train[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceiyvKwpRRo"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] This is a heavy-handed brawl, exactly as one would expect. The two big men go toe-to-toe to start the match, hitting each other with heavy shots but neither able to grab the advantage. After a back and forth opening few minutes, it's a distraction from Eric Eisen at ringside that leads to Train taking control. The big cowboy battles back. When the battle moves outside the ring, Eisen again provides a distraction that allows Train to take out Hall at the knee, hobbling the veteran. Slowed significantly, Pistol Pete looks done for. He refuses, and fights his way out several attempts from the former SWF World Heavyweight champion to go for his finisher. Hall then lays into Runaway Train with a series of short-arm lariats that look absolutely devastating. He hits a big Pistol Whip Lariat and goes for a pin, but Train kicks out. A second one puts the former champion down for the three count. Hall celebrates his most notable SWF win yet while Eric Eisen looks sour outside the ring. [B][CENTER]Pistol Pete Hall Wins at 13:31 via Pinfall Grade: B[/CENTER] [/B][/quote] [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChristianFaithSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Christian Faith In-Ring Promo[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_GfewB78w4"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] [I]There is no music and no announcement. Christian Faith simply walks out through the Supreme Gate. It takes a moment for the crowd to realize, but they erupt for the SWF Supreme Champion. When they finally quiet down, he has a microphone and addresses the crowd from the stage.[/I] [B]Christian Faith[/B]: This might get me in a touch of trouble, as I wasn’t scheduled to be out here talking to you fans tonight. In fact, I wasn’t scheduled at all. How kind of Mr. Tyler to give the “old man” a night off. Guess he didn’t want to be too blatant in his attempt to get this away from me… [I]Faith smiles as he holds up his SWF Supreme championship belt. The crowd reacts positively[/I]. [B]Christian Faith[/B]: What Eric Tyler is trying to do is the same thing that Richard Eisen attempted to do last time I held the SWF World Heavyweight championship. It didn’t work then. It won’t work now. You see, with age comes wisdom. I’m old enough, apparently, so apparently I should be pretty wise. [I]This draws some laughs as Faith gives a wry smirk.[/I] [B]Christian Faith[/B]: I’m wise enough to realize I’m not infallible. I know that I can be beaten. I can be knocked down. Through twenty years here in the Supreme Wrestling Federation, I’ve been knocked down time after time after time. It’s taken the biggest and best to do it, but it’s happened. I can’t deny and I won’t lie about it. But what makes me “The Legend” Christian Faith is that no matter how many times I get knocked down… I get back up! [I]The crowd roars.[/I] [B]Christian Faith[/B]: You can’t keep me down. You can’t make me quit. Bruce the Giant tried. Sam Keith tried. Runaway Train tried. Vengeance tried. They couldn’t make me stop. They couldn’t end me. Why? Because I have faith! [I]As ever, the reaction to Faith’s catch phrase is enormous. [/I] [B] Christian Faith[/B]: So you can keep trying, Tyler. You can try where better men have failed and keep trying to end me. It won’t work. And that’s what makes me “The Legend” Christian Faith. [I]With that, the champion drops the microphone. Holding his belt up for one more pop from the crowd, he then disappears through the Supreme Gate[/I]. [B][CENTER]Grade: A*[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Melanie Florence[/B]: I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never going to keep me down… [B]Duane Fry[/B]: What does "tubthumping" mean, anyway? [B]Melanie Florence[/B]: No idea, love. [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/SteveFrehley_Alt2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RaymondDiazSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/BryanHolmesalt1Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/JDMorganalt1Small.jpg[/IMG] [B]Mass Effect vs The Watchman[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hii17sjSwfA"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc9_U-RBSuk"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] The match gets interesting very quickly as it starts with Diaz against Morgan, but there is a long tense stare down between Diaz and Holmes once the technician tags in. The two have a history from their time in Japan and it bubbles to the fore very quickly. The stare down turns into shouts, which gives way to blows and they batter away each other. The tension between the two becomes the story of the match. The match is intense and heavy-hitting, with Holmes trying to slow things down at times with his grappling skills. Late in the match, Diaz goes for a pin on Morgan, but Holmes interferes. Frehley hits Holmes with a massive Dark Destroyer Spear that sends the technician sprawling out of the ring After Frehley tags in, Diaz heads out the side the ring to do further damage to Homes. The two end up brawling wildly outside the ring and using everything they can find as weapons. In the meantime, The Dark Destroyer unleashes another Dark Destroyer Spear, this time crushing Morgan with it and going for the pin. Mass Effect wins, but Diaz and Holmes have to separated outside the ring. [B][CENTER]Ray Diaz Wins at 16:31 via Pinfall Grade: B[/CENTER] [/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/SteveFrehley_Alt2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RaymondDiazSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Steve Frehley + Ray Diaz In-Ring Promo[/B][/CENTER] [I]After the win, Frehley and Diaz spend a few moments playing to the crowd. The Watchmen don’t immediately depart, but are urged away from ringside by the officials. Then Frehley gets a microphone.[/I] [B]Steve Frehley[/B]: That’s right, the forgotten man of the Supreme Wrestling Federation speaks. Because apparently I can’t count on the authority figures here to do what’s right. So I have to come out here and demand it. I don’t like it, but that’s just the way it is. [I]Frehley stares intensely at the crowd. Diaz gives him a nod of approval.[/I] [B] Steve Frehley[/B]: Earlier tonight, Emma Chase announced that Brandon James would face Christian Faith at Under Control 2008. So how exactly has the big lug jumped ahead of Steve Frehley to become the lone number one contender for the SWF Supreme Championship? I don’t seem to recall getting pinned by James at Welcome to the Jungle. So why exactly did he jump ahead of me, other than a certain agent arguing his case… [I]Diaz nods and again urges Frehley to continue.[/I] [B]Steve Frehley[/B]: I want to know the reason that I’m being overlooked and ignored. Mr. Tyler, I know you’re in the back and I know you’re listening. At least have the decency to come out here and explain it! It takes a long moment, but Eric Tyler appears through the Supreme Gate. [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small%20Alt/EricTyleralt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [B]Eric Tyler[/B][/CENTER] [I]The General Manager stands on the stage with a microphone for a moment as the crowd showers him with hatred. [/I] [B]Eric Tyler[/B]: To be honest, Steve, the only explanation I can give you is that Emma Chase is pretty d*mned persuasive. [I]The crowd reacts. Frehley does not. He simply waits. [/I] [B]Eric Tyler[/B]: And while you might lack Emma’s eloquence, Steve, you do raise a fair point. I can’t really say that James deserves it ahead of you. And to show you – and the whole Supreme Wrestling Federation – that I am indeed fair, I am going to offer you the chance to select the solution. [B]Steve Frehley[/B]: What’s your offer, Tyler? [B]Eric Tyler[/B]: Option number one is that James faces Faith at Under Control. We find you an opponent, and regardless of the outcome of that match, you get the next shot at the champion. It can be here on Legends or you can wait until Let the Games Begin 2008. [B]Steve Frehley[/B]: And the second option? Eric Tyler: If you prefer to be less patient, we can make the match at Under Control a Threefold Threat. [I]Frehley thinks about it for a moment, with the crowd turning into a game show crowd and shouting out their favorite option. [/I] [B]Steve Frehley[/B]: Option two. [B]Eric Tyler[/B]: You sure? [B]Steve Frehley[/B]: I’m sure. [I]The crowd reacts suddenly, booing with fervor as Emma Chase emerges through the Supreme Gate. [/I] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/EmmaChaseAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Emma Chase[/B][/CENTER] [I]Emma doesn’t have a microphone. She walks up to Eric Tyler. With her hand on her hips, she gives the General Manager a long hard look. Eric Tyler takes a moment as he looks back and forth between the agent standing beside him staring at him and the former SWF World Heavyweight champion standing down in the ring staring at hm. [/I] [B]Eric Tyler[/B]: Alright then… [I]The General Manager drags it out a bit, knowing he will disappoint one of the two.[/I] [B]Eric Tyler[/B]: At Under Control 2008, Christian Faith will put his SWF Supreme Championship on the line against Brandon James and Steve Frehley in a Threefold Threat match! [I]In the ring, Frehley and Diaz smile, nodding at the proclamation. Emma Chase is much less happy. She begins to verbally berate the GM, and continues to do so as she follows him off the stage through the Supreme Gate. Tyler is basically ignoring her, to the delight of the crowd. [/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A*[/CENTER] [/B][/quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Grade/grade_bplus.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]

Archived