SWF: Generation Supreme

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, missed these when I did the mega-response post earlier.... [QUOTE=James Casey;680303]*Sigh* your semi-final outweighs the main and you still get your best ever score, in a PPV that ends on a double count-out? You live a charmed life, BP... Great show, though - and having Bruce back is certainly interesting - although if he's never going to win the belt next TV. A debut, the first Bruce/Money match [I]and[/I] a title change? No chance... Good booking, too - only Stone/Bloodstone surprised me especially, and that only for Stone taking the midcard belt.[/QUOTE] Charmed life...? Maybe. Or it could be that the current roster and overness levels make it almost tough not to do well with the SWF at this point. The pay per view had 5 guys wrestling, out of the entire card, who were not at least predominantly A overness coming in - all four guys in the tag match, and Bart Biggz. I can't say how much I wanted Faith-Money to pull an A*. Not sure why, because it obviously still worked out well. But I have to admit, it was disappointing to see an A* in the Bruce-McFly match and "only" an A in the main event. I think its just because I had planned the Faith-Money match for so long and looked forward to finally getting to book it so much, that anything other than the best possible grade seems like a letdown. Its like a TCW game where you build towards Hawkins-Cornell forever... Anything less than an A* match and you wonder what went wrong. I also have to wonder if Faith-Money might have pulled an A* if not for the finish... Hmm... As for DSJ taking the Legends title... Well, both the Legends and NA titles are technically midcard belts, but I want them to be important regardless. Much like the IC title used to be back in the day - it was a clear stepping stone into the main event, more often than not. The whole point of the celebration was to show that winning the Legends title was important, and how much Stone is respected. I was going to do a Newton celebration sequence, but figured I'd hold off and put it on TV instead. [QUOTE=Marcel Fromage;680366]Just caught up on my reading here. Great stuff and the last show was epic. I don't usually listen to any music stuff in diaries but I had to click on that one. You built it up great. I'm particularly looking forward to where the Generation Supreme feud takes us from this point on.[/QUOTE] Thanks and great to hear. [QUOTE=Eisen-verse;680371]Bruce is Back!!!! I'm really excited to see where you take him from here. It's easy to see that you're going ahead with a Bruce/Money campaign... Which... Is awesome! :D Can't wait to see how this one unfolds. Money has the backing... But Bruce has the size! Great stuff![/QUOTE] Bruce the Giant is going to be... an interesting addition. Again, I'm awfully tempted to say more, but I need to bite my tongue and let things play out. Plus, he should make for plenty of confusion with Jack Bruce, which is always fun. [QUOTE=FINisher;680412]Shikei. And yes, it fit him too. :p Seems to be a great show, I'll read it tomorrow.[/QUOTE] Shikei. Knew I would get the spelling wrong. Just a memorable characterization. Hope you enjoy the show, good sir.

Highly epic. But, I gotta say... I side with D-Lyrium on this. The perfect timing for a Money/Faith draw due to a returning major character is the show before the PPV - stimulate buys and neatly avoid giving away the match on free TV. If I'd paid for the PPV, I'd be 'meh' at the ending, though stoked from prior matches.

8-2! Damn it, I had them all, until the last two! It's not even fair, who the hell would predict the ME being a draw? So much for not caring about your shows being easy to predict.. :p *Pouts.* Still, very epic. Rooting for you in the DOTM voting, BP. This show's just another bit of proof as to why you've earned it.

[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;680514]Highly epic. But, I gotta say... I side with D-Lyrium on this. The perfect timing for a Money/Faith draw due to a returning major character is the show before the PPV - stimulate buys and neatly avoid giving away the match on free TV. If I'd paid for the PPV, I'd be 'meh' at the ending, though stoked from prior matches.[/QUOTE] Probably correct. **sad sigh** Oh well, I supposed I could offer partial refunds to anyone who purchased the PPV and felt unsatisfied. Original copies of cable bills with PPV purchase clearly highlights can be sent to the Supreme One headquarters. A post-dated cheque will be sent out within 6-12 weeks. The other problem with that kind of non-finish - and I did consider this - is that I'm not sure its something that the "default" SWF would do. My vision of Supreme has gone away from what I think Supreme would be in a lot of small ways. Fewer cartoony characters. Less overt humor. Slight more complex and layered characters. More sublties. I think the SWF might be a bit closer in some ways to the PG-friendly WWE of today. And while I don't know that this kind of finish is one the "default" SWF would avoid, I think it might be. [QUOTE=Zeel1;680525]8-2! Damn it, I had them all, until the last two! It's not even fair, who the hell would predict the ME being a draw? So much for not caring about your shows being easy to predict.. :p *Pouts.* Still, very epic. Rooting for you in the DOTM voting, BP. This show's just another bit of proof as to why you've earned it.[/QUOTE] Hey, you did better than most. And yeah, I do realize that the main event draw was going to throw people off. As for the DOTM, I appreciate the sentiment and I would love to win again. That said, I hope this show isn't affecting someone's vote, as it was posted in August. Voting should be based just on the month in question.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;680527]Probably correct. **sad sigh** Oh well, I supposed I could offer partial refunds to anyone who purchased the PPV and felt unsatisfied. Original copies of cable bills with PPV purchase clearly highlights can be sent to the Supreme One headquarters. A post-dated cheque will be sent out within 6-12 weeks. [/QUOTE] It should be noted, incidentally, that I really dug the PPV overall. The fact I disagree with one finish - even the finish of the main event - is not greatly relevant.

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]SWF.com: The Giant is Back![/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Hired/Alt/BruceTheGiant_alt1.jpg[/IMG] [B]Bruce the Giant Made a Gigantic Impact[/B][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Friday, Week 2, December 2008[/CENTER] [/B][quote] It was the biggest match of Christmas Clash 2008 and some would say the biggest match of the year in the Supreme Wrestling Federation. Brand figurehead versus brand figurehead. Champion versus champion. Christian Faith versus Rich Money. It would take a mighty moment to overshadow that match. The kind of moment that a giant creates... Bruce the Giant created a massive stir in the wrestling world as he he walked in on the match between Rich Money and Christian Faith last night. Forcing the two combatants out of the ring, the two-time SWF World Heavyweight champion caused the main event to end in a count out. Its been a decade since the 7'4", 600 pound giant was seen in the Supreme Wrestling Federation. The biggest athlete in the world has been busy, winning four major titles in other promotions while he was outside the biggest promotion on the globe. But now he's back... The impact may be even bigger. Eric Eisen announced that Bruce will face Rich Money on Supreme TV next week for the SWF World Heavyweight championship. Will be the huge Australian be the man to end The Beautiful Reign? Is there any way for Hard Cash to pin the 7'4" beast, who was pinned clearly just a handful of times in his first run in the SWF? Of course, not everyone is happy to see Bruce back. Or more accurately, many were not particularly happy with when he decided to make his appearance. The Supreme Legend Christian Faith seemed to be just moments away from victory when Bruce made his appearance. It appears that Supreme brand Interim General Manager Eric Eisen is behind both Bruce's return to the SWF and the timing of his appearance. Many fans and even some SWF insiders are not particularly pleased with the decisions made by "Double E". Bruce the Giant was not the only return of note at Christmas Clash 2008. The masked man known as Vengeance also made his return, interjecting his presence into the match between Payne and Big Cat Brandon. With continual promos on the Legends brand for someone or something labeled "The Forsaken", many are asking whether the return of The Harbinger is indeed "The Forsaken". It seems likely that some answers will be provided on Legends next week. One thing is certain - 2009 is looking even more interesting. [/quote][CENTER] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/SWFWebMid.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=ampulator;680423]O Fortuna... so THAT's the song name. I've looking for that song for a long time. It's in every other movie trailer I've heard. Everyone has heard the song before, but everyone I ask had no idea what the name was. In any case, I have another song that I think might just as much, if not more. It's [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9kbS2Vdsbc"][B]Immediate Music's Epicon (Hybrid).[/B][/URL][/QUOTE] I don't think I knew the name of the song either until I read FIN's post. The Epicon/Globus music is definitely epic. Wanted something that Bruce would have, or at least could have, used back in the 90s, though. Could use some of it at some point for a theme, though. [QUOTE=R.O.F.L;680532]Oh god... If only I had've checked your show before having written my SWF diary, If only... :p Amazing Show BigPapa, must say, you've been really raising the bar every time, Kudos ![/QUOTE] Thanks. And interested to see where you are going with the SWF diary. One of the great things about TEW and the CornellVerse is that the possible options are virtually limitless. [QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;680538]It should be noted, incidentally, that I really dug the PPV overall. The fact I disagree with one finish - even the finish of the main event - is not greatly relevant.[/QUOTE] Big or small, good or bad, I do like to hear what the readers think. Especially after a big PPV like that one. I am always trying to develop and grow as both a booker and a writer, so hearing what didn't work for people is very helpful, to be honest. I didn't take the comments from you or D-Lyrium as overt criticism, but simply stating an opinion. And one you both took the time to validate, which I appreciate.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Logos/PPV/SWF/Mid/ChristmasClashMid.jpg[/IMG] [B]SWF Christmas Clash 2008 Prediction Contest Results[/B][/CENTER] 9 / 11 - Zeel1 6 / 11 - TigerKinney 7 / 11 - FINisher 6 / 11 - Ampulator 6 / 11 - MVP 3 / 11 - James Casey 6 / 11 - D-Lyrium 4 / 11 - Randomfreeze 5 / 11 - G-Prime 5 / 11 - Sean Thomas Jolly 7 / 11 - Jesseewiak 6 / 11 - PhantomStranger 6 / 11 - Self 6 / 11 - "A.N. Marshall" Based on my carefully formulated mathematical formula... aka basic addition... it looks like Zeel1 won. Looks like I was correct about my PPVs being a bit tough to predict compared to the TV shows. Not intentional, but its a bit tough to guess that a giant from the past will interrupt the main event. Even "A.N. Marshall" couldn't get much over half right, even with his "insider connections". BTW, if my math is off on anyone's predictions... Sorry... Wanted to post this as a way of thanking all of you who took the time to predict. More than that, I wanted to thank everyone who takes the time to comment or even just read. This thing never would have made it this far without all of you. The response I get here often astounds me. I know that most diary writers here would kill for the amount of responses and feedback I get, and I am most appreciative of it. More than a dozen posts in response to the show. So thank you all so very much.

[QUOTE=jtnlange;680825]I haven't made a prediction, but I do follow this. Very enjoyable BP. I will start to make some predictions. Gotta support the authors right. :-) Trevor.[/QUOTE] Thanks. As for predictions, they are nice, but I'm just happy to have readers, especially ones who drop the occassional comment. Predicting is just a nice extra. [QUOTE=BHK1978;680848]Yes I as well am a long time reader first time poster. And I agree it is a very enjoyable read, keep up the good work.[/QUOTE] And thank you as well. Hope you keep reading and keep enjoying. [QUOTE=Zeel1;680871]You sure about that match number? I counted 10 matches on the first read-through..hmm.[/QUOTE] Pretty sure its eleven. I was trying to cut back on the number of matches on this one so that a few of them could go a bit longer. I had ten and got to eleven with the Big Cat versus Payne match, which was a pretty late addition to the card, and mostly added for the Vengeance appearance. Double-checked and I got eleven matches again. Damn you for making me doubt myself, Zeel!!!!

[CENTER][FONT=Arial][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/Avatars/Small/AvatarSmall.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/CENTER] [FONT=Arial][quote]Random thought of the day... Is there anything less joyful that the Christmas season, with people constantly telling you that you should be joyful and cheery? The Christmas Clash post-show "party" was not officially the SWF Christmas party for the workers. But since the Eisen's don't seem to throw one anymore, the post-show turned into one. Deep in the guts of the Greenwalt Dome, the Supreme Wrestling Federation lived it up until the wee hours of the morning. It actually surprised me that nealry everyone struck around as long as they did. Usually people stay for a bit, then light out for their own after parties and functions. Maybe just because we were in New Jersey, but virtually everyone stayed. And everyone seemed to have a good time. Except for me, of course. Someone has to play scrooge, and I guess it was my turn. The big open conference room down underneath the Greenwalt Dome had seemed huge when it was empty, but with so many people in there during the party, it started to feel claustrophobic. Someone had brought a bunch of Christmas decorations - Santa hats, tinsel, novelty Christmas tree bulbs - and ended up decorating people instead of the room. Noting like a bunch of professional wrestlers walking around partially inebriated and looking like Christmas trees... If only the fans could see this. Early in the night, someone had placed a Santa hat on my head. As the mass of muscled humanity made the conference room go from warm to hot, I found my bald head sweating. I repeatedly tried to take it off, but every time I did, some other young lady would walk up and put it back on my head. How do you say no to Hannah Potter or the Neptune twins? One of the twins gave me a lingering "yuletide" hug and told me to find her later under the mistletoe... I managed to keep my hands and my lips to myself, though. The amount of food at the party was unbelievable, the catering people setting up two huge tables that were never allowed to dwindle. There was plenty of booze, too. Not sure who had supplied that. I guess the Eisen policy on alcohol backstage doesn't apply during the Christmas season. Or perhaps it was just Jerry taking advantage of the fact that Richard wasn't around - he was in Europe for an early Christmas with the lovely young Mrs. Eisen. I understand and actually agree with the no alcohol rule in the backstage. Too much testosterone and too many *ssholes. There are enough young guys on the rosters - and some of the not legally old enough to drink - who could easily turn the place into a frat party. Or worse. But there were no shenanigans after Christmas Clash, and it wasn't just because of the Christmas season. Enough of the veterans were there, and some of those guys have to be respected. What better bouncer in there in the world is there than Bruce the Giant? The early part of the party had an interesting dynamic, as there were crowds at opposite ends. At one end, Dan Stone Jr and Christian Faith were again holding court, telling stories to a constant rotation of listeners. At the other end, standing like a statue and nearly touching the ceiling was Bruce the Giant. There was almost a greeting line of people wandering past, welcome the big man back to the SWF. Stone and Faith had become pretty friendly in recent weeks. They shared a deep respect and love for the business, and both wanted nothing more than to pass it on to this new generation of wrestlers. As fun as those stories they told were, that was a way of passing on their experience and knowledge. It warmed my bitter heart to see so many young wrestlers listening to them all the time. As for Bruce, he was cordial. He stood beside his handler, some awe-struck young punk who worked at SWF headquarters. I had spent a bit of time with the giant Aussie in recent weeks, playing the role of his handler when he first came in for negotiations. Bruce had asked that negotiations were handled directly by Richard Eisen, as that was a sign of respect that Sam Strong had afforded him. Richard was more than willing to do that, though I had to be present to explain our booking plans for him. Bruce was a gentle giant outside of the ring, kind and quite shy. He also had a reserved sense of humor, but I had him cracking jokes after a few hours. Speaking of Sam Strong, USPW never had Bruce drop their World title before he left. He came to us an their champion. Not that we were going to bother with that - few SWF fans are really going to care much about USPW. But if Bruce wasn't friends with Strong, he could have walked away with that belt in his possession. Now, USPW had to announce that their belt had been vacated due to Bruce the Giant leaving. Did Strong really expect Bruce to have a last moment change of heart and stay at USPW for far less money and exposure? Some insiders were claiming that Strong had lost touch with the modern fans and was stuck in 1983... Perhaps they weren't so wrong... Big Bruce didn't stay that late. From what I'm told, the giant sleeps a lot. His massive body needs it, and tends to break down if he isn't very careful. Faith and Stone stayed around late, and were still there with an audience when I left well after 2:30am. Much of the night was a blur. Not from alcohol, as I barely drank. A big part of it was the bad mood I was in, which I tried not to let show. I moved through the crowd, but was constantly grabbed by people. Some of them just wanted to say thanks for another great pay per view. Others wanted to "run ideas past me" - most of which were hot garbage, but a few actually had some merit. Either way, I had pretty much forgotten every idea within five minutes of hearing it. There was just too much going on. I got pulled into several conversations, some of which I would have liked to stay in a lot longer. Rich Money, Remo, and Sean McFly were talking about the old school Texas Wrestling scene back in the 70s and 80s, specifically the Nero-Two Eagles feud. Tom Gilmore, Ray Diaz, Bryan Holmes, and John Pathlow were having an animated conversation about the Japanese scene, covering everything from the glory days of Burning Hammer in the 70s and 80s to Mito Miwa as the current PGHW Glory Crown champion. Johnny Bloodstone and Davis Wayne Newton were talking hockey, with Texas Pete standing there and looking confused until he wandered over the booze table to indulge some more. Vibert was half-drunk again and grabbed me. He spent a good twenty minutes telling me his well-formed plans of how Mitch Naess' Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling could succeed and become a national player. It was a very solid plan and he had obviously put serious thought into it. No matter how you felt about Vibert, the man knew the business. When I asked him if he had talked to Naess about it, Phil gave me a look and told me, "Of course not. Its none of my business." I don't get people sometimes. Much as I enoy talking with Phil Vibert - especially when he's been drinking and is willing to open up to me about Danger and Violence Extreme - there was someone else I needed to talk to.]I finally tracked him down. Jerry Eisen. He was talking with Phil Roberts and Darren Smith in a corner. The conversation died off as a I wandered up, giving a nod to the two men before directly addressing Jerry. "You talk Richard yet about it?" I asked. We both knew what I was referring to, and I wasn't about to go into more detail in front those who shouldn't know. "Yup," he nodded, sipping on a whiskey. "And?" "Nope." My heart fell and my anger rose. I tried to keep my face from showing it, but I likely failed. "Dammit," I blurted out. "We need to make this work." "I agree with you, kid," Jerry told me. "But I just don't think its going to fly. I just don't know how to make him see it. Eric and I both tried talking to dad. Christian tried talking to him. It just isn't going to work." "Alright," I said, far from ready to concede defeat. "Thanks." I walked away, in a far worse mood than a few moments ago. Right about then, the party picked up. Someone had managed to throw some decent music in the stereo system and cranked up the volume. Jack Bruce led things off, grabbing Joanne Rodriguez. He began to throw her around the dance floor, both their long long hair swirling. Their Samba-style movements didn't really match the hip hop music very well, but people clapped and cheered all the same. An impromptu dance floor was soon in full swing in the center of the room. Robbie played the role of the DJ and pretty soon the dance floor was full. People were having fun. I was dragged out on the dance floor, most unwillingly, by one of the Neptune twins. I was not certain if it was the same one who asked me about the mistletoe earlier. After doing a bit of awkward white guy gyrations, I begged off. Just in time, as a slow song came on next. Uh, no thans... It was close to one am where I decided that I'd had enough and started to leave, but Robbie caught me and made me come back in. He had handed off DJ duties to the Keith twins so he could show off a bit on the floor. Quite a few people had left by that point, and more were leaving. Everyone had to travel in the morning, and its not so easy to on no sleep and hungover. I watched Marquez dance with three ladies at once, then Marc DuBois make out with Kirsten Pearce. I wondered if Jessie realized how effectively her little sister was working her way through much of the roster? I tried to make it to the door a couple more times, but found myself grabbed by someone different each time. A worker wanting to chat, a lady wanting to dance, or some other annoyance. It was well past 2am when I finally managed to sneak out. I had started the party with pretty much zero seasonal cheer... and I was far below zero at this point. At least I didn't have to wait for a cab - I had a rental car, which I made it to without anyone else spotting me. While it was hardly polite of me, I really didn't want to end up giving anyone rides back to their hotel. There was a light snow falling as I drove through the silent and still darkness. Silent night, indeed. It made for a picturesque scene that I could hardly enjoy. My mind was still harping on the short conversation I had with Jerry. It gnawed at me, ravaging any vestigse of season cheer I might have been able to muster earlier in the night. In the near-year that I've had a creative role in the Supreme Wrestling Federation - whatever title you want to give me, honestly - I've never got behind an idea with this amount of determination. Then again, I've never met with such resistance to any of my ideas, nothing that compares to the way that Richard is resisting me here. And not just me - Jerry and Eric were both pushing my idea, as were several others who I thought had some influence with Richard. I had stopped short of trying to get Amanda to talk Daddy into, but I was trying almost everything else. But Eisen had dug in his heels on this one, and whether or not he'd admit, it came down to ego. As I tried to fall asleep in the chilly hotel room as the morning rapidly approached, I looked forward to 2009. But it wasn't the promise that 2009 held that my thoughts wandered over. Not the Generation Supreme war. Not the return of Vengeance. Not the return of Bruce the Giant. Not the epic batltes we could wage in the ring now that we had so very much talent heaped together on one roster. No, what my mind mulled on was the one thing I couldn't have happen. All Avatar wants for Christmas is... Friday, Week 2, December 2008 Avatar[/FONT][/quote]

I was just able to finish reading the PPV, and wanted to say thank you for putting together such a fun show to read, I enjoyed every bit of it, especially the re-debuts of Bruce and Vengeance. What I'm most excited about as a result of the event even more than even Bruce is Generation Supreme. Like you said, it’s the freakin’ name of the diary! It’s going to have a huge impact and looking at how many people are involved, eventually, A LOT of people that are on opposite sides now are going to have to put their differences aside battle the new generation. I can’t wait to read about it. Keep it up, now I gotta read the Random Thought…

[QUOTE=randomfreeze;681055]I was just able to finish reading the PPV, and wanted to say thank you for putting together such a fun show to read, I enjoyed every bit of it, especially the re-debuts of Bruce and Vengeance. What I'm most excited about as a result of the event even more than even Bruce is Generation Supreme. Like you said, it’s the freakin’ name of the diary! It’s going to have a huge impact and looking at how many people are involved, eventually, A LOT of people that are on opposite sides now are going to have to put their differences aside battle the new generation. I can’t wait to read about it. Keep it up, now I gotta read the Random Thought…[/QUOTE] Thanks, man. Its great to hear that you enjoyed the pay per view. Comments like that (and so many of the other positive comments) make the time it takes to put these shows together worthwhile. I really hope the Generation Supreme war is big. The plan is for it to be, anyway. A big reason it kept getting pushed back is that I wanted to have a lot of the youngsters who came in at the start of the game to be at least in the midcard. I didn't want it to be DuBois, the Bumfholes, and a bunch of guys on the bottom of the card. All of them are C- or higher, and one or two wins can jump them up pretty quick. [QUOTE=Astil;681078]All Avatar wants for Christmas is... ;) Methinks I might know.[/QUOTE] I'm trying to drop some hints without making it obvious. If you want to guess, you can always PM me with it and I'll let you know if you're correct. Or you can wait for things to play out.

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]SWF.com: Generation Supreme Review[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/TV%20Shows/Alt/SWFGenerationSupremeTV.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [quote][B][CENTER]SWF.com Review of SWF Generation Supreme - Saturday Week 2 December 2008[/CENTER] [/B] On SWF Christmas Clash 2008 on Thursday, a group of Generation Supreme youngsters from the Supreme brand "declared war" on the rest of the roster. Lead by the likes of Marc DuBois and the Bumfhole brothers, the group of youngsters seem to be upset that the perceived lack of respect that much of the SWF treats them with. The first shot of the war, so to speak, was fired last night on SWF Generaion Supreme, as Generation Supreme star Darryl Devine took on veteran Chris Morrisette. The two fan favorites put on a solid match, with the fans support being split. In the end, the experience of the veteran Morrisette won out. The show featured plenty of other great action. If you missed it, all the matches can be found on SWF.com. [/quote][quote][B][CENTER]Partial Recap of Matches from SWF Generation Supreme[/CENTER] [/B] [B]Silverbacks[/B] d. Show-Tourage + Strong Machine [B]Sin Inc[/B] d. Jett Stream [B]Chris Morrisette[/B] d. Darryl Devine [CENTER][B]Overall Show: B[/B][/CENTER] [/quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/SWFWebMid.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]

[CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=6]TEW.com - Generation Supreme Stars Re-Signs[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Hired/DavisWayneNewton_alt1-1.jpg[/IMG] [B]A Much Richer Ace[/B] [/FONT][/CENTER] [FONT=Arial] [CENTER][B]Saturday Week 2 December, 2008[/B][/CENTER] [quote]The Supreme Wrestling Federation has an established policy of not allowing public the details of workers contracts. With a company the size of the SWF, information usually gets out. Especially a number of workers are affected. Inside SWF sources have indicated that the company has been very busy in the past week, negotiating new contacts with quite a number of workers currently on the roster. According the source, many of the young workers signed at the start of 2008 were just give one-year written contracts. Some of these include Davis Wayne (Ace) Newton, Ash Campbell, Cameron Vessey, Casey Valentine, Kirk Jameson, Swoop McCarthy, Dani Nevada (or Stone) and more. It would be assumed that all received a notable raise, as they have all become regulars on TV. None moreso than the man they call Ace, Davis Wayne Newton. The 21-year old Canadian claimed the SWF North American championship just days ago the Christmas Clash pay per view. As one of the top SWF stars under the age of 25 - along with Marc DuBois, Sean Deeley, and both Bumfhole brothers - it is believed he was given a two-year contract with a the pay level expected of a main event talent in the Supreme Wrestling Federation. Some fans and insiders have questioned the push that Newton received since joining. There is no doubting the talent of the Rip Chord-trained youngster, but he's moved up the card more quickly than any SWF wrestler since Sean McFly in the mid 1990s. By most accounts, Newton is a great backstage personality and that doesn't seem to have changed. This lucrative new contract will be another test of that, however. There were some industry insiders who expected that Total Championship Wrestling would make a hard push for Newton when his deal came up. After suffering through a year where the SWF poached an endless stream of talent from Total, it would be a great bit of payback. TEW has been unable to confirm with TCW sources as to whether any offers were made. Tying down these talented young workers long term is a good thing for the SWF, and nothing here at TEW makes us happier than something that will allow Richard Eisen to sleep a little bit more soundly at night... [/quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/TotalExtremeWrestlingLogo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]

[CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=6]TEW.com - The Supreme View[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/TheSupremeView.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/CENTER] [FONT=Arial] [CENTER][B]Saturday Week 2 December, 2008[/B][/CENTER] [quote][B]A.N. Marshall[/B] is one of the foremost wrestler journalists in the business and perhaps the most respected critic of the Supreme Wrestling Federation in the world. Having covered the world's biggest wrestling promotion for years, Marshall has unequaled insider connections, which makes him privy to information that can't be found anywhere else. His highly-respected [B]The Supreme View[/B] column is available only totalextremewrestling.com. Marshall is a regular forum contributor on the exclusive Grey Dog Wrestling forums.[/quote][CENTER]__________________[/CENTER] [quote] Oh good God... Apparently Show-Tourage is the official name for Bruce's bouncers. Sweet mother of... [B][U]Christmas Clash[/U][/B] Bruce is back. I thought we'd got rid of lard lad ten years ago. Since then, he's pootled around the scene, doing the Bruce Smash! routine in various places. Now he's back. I admit to getting a thrill when that music hit, and Bruce appeared... ...and then I remembered that it's Bruce. Look, Bruce isn't a bad wrestler, but he wasn't great ten years ago and SWF have moved on a long way in the meantime. Bruce is about the worst person to bring back. He can't be a standard uppercarder taking the odd loss here and there - he's 7'4 and 600 pounds. Bruce losing is an epic thing, I'll freely admit that. But his first match is against Rich Money... Oh, it'll be a schmozz finish, no question. The beautiful reign wont be ended on free tv with no build-up. It will, however, spike the ratings nicely so Richard and Avatar can feel good this Christmas (maybe, more on that later) but then you have the problem of Bruce and his 5 year, $60,000 a month contract. Simply put: Bruce is not a good signing. He's too big to job out, and too poor to headline. At a time when Gen-S are about to breakout, one of the main event spots has just been occupied by a giant. Anyway, on to the PPV: I've always liked Mad World, and it was a great video. The SWF Production crew absolutely deserve their Christmas bonuses. That sort of thing is the real difference between SWF and TCW/USPW/whoever - SWF could make Ash Campbell look like a star with one of those videos. Frehley beat Tornado. Yeah, Tornado made a match of it, but it was ten minutes of Frehley battering him into a pulp. Troy Tornado: Underdog isn't a gimmick I can see working. This match made Frehley look good, no question, but did he gain anywhere near as much as Troy lost? I have to say no. Bart Biggz with a title. Ugh. Shooting Star Press or no, Biggz may be my least favourite member of the roster. Remember when we thought the Biggz boys were talented? And then they got show up by the first wave of Gen-S guys? If you want a tag team classic, it doesn't hurt to have the 'back and New Wave under contract. Epic match, and here's to a few more. I'll admit to thinking Morrisette would edge out DuBois, but the story of the match ending was just brilliant, and helped develop both characters. See how that can work? Payne, Brandon and Vengeance: There's something about seeing big men smash each other into insensibility that appeals to everyone, isn't there? That being said, a black skull would have looked better for Vengeance... One of these days, Golden is going to actually wrestle a match. As it was, this was a fun way of playing up Golden's other strengths, and making Gilmore look like money. I look forward to the day he gets a real shot at Money. Hands up who had Stone to win the belt? I had the logic of the story, but that was a golden match, and a great way to show how big a deal Stone is to those who don't get CANN for their NOTBPW fix. Ace is a double champion, and now Gen-S is going to war. Something about seeing all those youngsters in the ring really hit home how big a deal SWF has pulled off in the last year. Something about seeing the Four Kings excluded warmed my heart. Something about seeing Ace absent from the lineup suggests that he's going to play a big part in this storyline... Remo/Hall was great, wasn't it? Two guys it's easy to overlook as so often they're overshadowed by their more flashy colleagues, but I actually think it was my favourite match of the night. The No DQ match was decent, too - even if I do somehow feel myself being mesmerized by Jack's beard every so often. I liked seeing Rodriguez get involved too. Small things like that can build up over time. And then the main event... Look, Money is money. Faith is Faith. This was a fantastic match that gave nothing away to any other match. Except for the ending. I've always been wary of PPVs that end with a cheap finish. Seeing that sort of thing after shelling out fifty bucks for the show can be deeply disheartening. Yeah, Bruce is a big name, but no return should be like that. A thirty-minute time limit would have worked for me much more than a double count-out. So... yeah. The best show of the year, no question. You can't really say that the last five minutes spoilt the 3 1/2 hours before, can you? Except, sometimes... yeah, you can. Folks, thanks for joining me. I'll be back later in the week to share the fallout from Supreme TV, Legends, and the arrival of the big man. Until then, thanks for sharing the view from here! [CENTER][B]A.N. Marshall[/B] [B]The Supreme View[/B][/CENTER] [/quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/TotalExtremeWrestlingLogo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;681353]Damnit, the English language fails epically for not differentiating between someone who hands in their notice, and someone who signs a new contract. I thought Ace Newton had quit, for a moment there, and I nearly crapped my pants. :p[/QUOTE] Good lord, what a stupid mistake for me to make. Serves me right for working on three different segments at once last night while waiting for Photobucket to finish their maintenance. I adjusted it so its a bit more clear, so that I don't give any other readers near heart attacks.

[CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=6]TEW.com Editorial - Mito Not So Glorious[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/PGHW/MitoMiwa.jpg[/IMG] [B]PGHW Glory Crown Champion Mito Miwa[/B][/FONT][/CENTER] [FONT=Arial] [CENTER][B]Sunday Week 2 December, 2008 By R.D. Alvarez & Bryan Reynolds[/B][/CENTER] [quote]When making a short list of the finest contemporary professional wrestlers in the world, Mito Miwa is a name that is almost certain to come up. Whether its a top twenty, a top ten, or even just a top five, Miwa is going to be in the mix. And yes, these are the kind of conversations that happen on a daily basis in the TEW.com offices. The man they call the "Pride Warrior" has held the Pride Glory Honor Wrestling Glory Crown since May. Barely a year ago, Miwa took the #9 spot on the TEW Power 100. One of the most popular stars in Japan due to his PGHW loyalty. Miwa is one of the "Six Glorious Pillars of Heaven" that form the backbone of Pride Honor Glory. At 35-years old, Miwa is in his prime and offers a diverse skillset with few weaknesses in his game. So why then, one must ask, is there rapidly growing discontentment amongst PGHW fans regarding Miwa's current Glory Crown reign? In the business of professional wrestling, every champion is bound to have a few doubters. A few critics. Hell, there are still some fans who believe that Rich Money makes a poor SWF World Heavyweight champion. And a small lunatic fringe who promote the idea that Tommy Cornell shouldn't be champion in TCW ever again. However, what started as a small but vocal segment of fans in the summer has steadily grown into a rather large group of fans. And like many "Internet wrestling fans", they actually have a pretty good point. Let's face it - Pride Glory Honor is an environment where flaws are exposed and even emphasized. In a promotion like the SWF or even TCW, a combination of decent skills, charisma, and personality can make for a good champion. But in PGHW, only one thing will suffice - match quality. That's it. The measure of a champion. PGHW fans demand greatness. They demand wrestling of the highest quality. They demand it match after match, show after show. Its the ability of Pride Glory Honor to deliver on these demands which has seen the promotion started by Sadaharo Jimbo rise to the top spot in Japan. Mito Miwa has spent his entre career in PGHW and has been a key player in the rise. So what has changed? Miwa might not be the perfect prototype of a professional wrestler - that would be Tommy Cornell - but he's a damned fine example. Athletic, tough, charismatic, consistent, technically skilled, and perhaps most importantly, gifted with an understanding of how to tell a story in the wrestling ring. So how has a man who, by most measure, was deserving of his second Glory Crown reign become a liability? Miwa's first reign as Glory Crown champion was a disappointment. Though is was a long time coming and well-earned, Miwa just didn't deliver. From January of 2005 to August of 2006, he held the top spot in PGHW and failed to deliver in the way that fans expected. The champion's reputation and popularity took a hit before he lost the belt to Yoshimi Mushashibo. Fans and critics alike wrote off the disappointment of Miwa's reign to injuries and opponents. Since then, Miwa has effectively rebuilt his reputation by delivering in the ring. After winning the belt from Miwa in August of 2006, Mushashibo's run last through the early part of 2008. Although the reign delivered in every way, as a championship reign should, fans began to clamor for a change. The change came about in the wrong way, forced by injury. In a clash between two of the "Glorious Pillars of Heaven" on the PGHW Golden Tour, the champion took a backdrop wrong against regular tag team partner Shuji Inukai. It was a matter of a slightly wrong angle and the result was a broken neck for the champion. He finished the match and was then examined by doctor's. Mushashibo was told he had come very close to permanent paralysis and had put his career at risk. The incident is a reminder of both the dangers of PGHW's high impact style and the toughness of Mushashibo. Facing a year off to heat, the champion abdicated. Although there were many other viable options on the PGHW roster, few protested when Miwa won the vacant belt. He defeated Eisaku Hoshino just days after Mushashibo's injury. With just two weeks left in the year 2008, it appears likely that Miwa will end the year and the current Dragon tour as Glory Crown champion. By most measure, its been a poor reign. Not that Miwa is stinking up the arena on a nightly basis. But the classic, top-level matches that PGHW fans demand simply aren't happening. Through the date of this article, Miwa has defended the PGHW Glory Crown 17 times. Those matches have ranged in grades from B- to B+. Not a single A* among them, or even an A. For that matter, Miwa has not produced a single A* match all year, either before winning the Glory Crown or in non-title action. He has one lone A match in singles action 2008, which came prior to his title win. The other A matches have been in tag team matches. Simply put, Mito Miwa has been average through 2008, at least by his lofty standards. And the lofty standards demanded by Pride Glory Honor fans. Some readers might be inclined to argue that match grades can't be used to judge a wrestler or a title reign. And that is true. They do provide a solid basis for analysis, however. Especially considering that TEW used a weighted-average committee system to assign grades. The system minimizes the inevitable personal biases from coloring the grades. So if one looks at match ratings and fan reaction, its clear that Miwa's championship run has been disappointing thus far. The question that must be asked becomes why? The explanations - or excuses - that were used for Miwa's previous reign do not apply. The champion has, by his own admission, been healthy. He has faced most of the top names in PGHW - Eisaku Hoshino, Eisaku Kunomasu, PRIDE Kosi, Shuji Unukai, and Nobatsu Tatsuko. The only names missing from the list are Bryan Vessey, Buddy Garner, and Chuichi Sanda. Sanda is an interesting inclusion, as many would argue that winning the Burning World title in September is the only thing that moved him up to the main event scene in PGHW, as he is not the most skilled wrestler. A match between Vessey and Miwa is one that fans have been asking for, as the veteran Gaijin has been awesome through 2008, a favorite to take the Wrestler of the Year award in a few weeks What other reasons are there? Some loyal fans have defended Miwa with some creative and esoteric reasoning, but it likely just comes down to the reality that Mito Miwa is not cut out to be champion. He's not the first wrestler to have that be the case. Some wrestlers thrive under the additional pressure and attention that comes with being the main champion and figurehead of a promotion. Others fold. While Miwa certainly hasn't folded, he has wilted. And it is not helping PGHW. Is it reasonable to expect the changing of the calendar to a new year to change everything? Most unlikely. The solution is simple - a change of champions. The fans who have been calling for Miwa to drop the Glory Crown - some of them for months now - seem to have the right idea. Imagine that - "Internet wrestling fans" who are correct. [/quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/TotalExtremeWrestlingLogo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]

Archived