NWA: Mid Atlantic...Territorial Resurgence!

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER]The story begins back in April 2008... Shawn Michaels just defeated Ric Flair in a retirement match ending the in-ring career of the Nature Boy..... It was a ceremonial weekend for the Nature Boy with his Hall of Fame inuction, The Wrestlemania match with Michaels and the Monday Night Raw tribute... It would lead to a new Ric Flair DVD produced by the WWE... A legends contract, perhaps some announcing or GM on camera role, tributes on WWE 24/7...Vince McMahon would roll out the Red Carpet for the Nature Boy... But what would occur would be the biggest swerve in recent wrestling times... [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ricflair.jpg[/IMG] [B]Ric Flair[/B] would begin laying the ground work for a return to wrestling, however not in the roll Vince McMahon had envisioned...It would be in the roll as competition to the monopolistic WWE... Ric Flair the self admitted "Dirtiest Player in the Game" has started to search for finacial backing, he has made use of his many contacts in the sport, in entertainment to back his venture of recreating the past and initiating a resurgence to the territorial days of professional wrestling... Starting small, The Nature Boy has decided to focus on two regions....The [B]Mid Atlantic[/B] region, which will be based out of Ri'c Hometown of Charlotte, NC and [B]Georgia Wrestling[/B], based out of Atlanta, GA.... While Vince McMahon began building a post retirement career for the Nature Boy...Ric Flair had admitte his desire to teach, to coach, to help a younger generation of Wrestlers...Flair with the assistance of longtime allies and WWE employees [B]Arn Anderson[/B] and [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] would hold training camps back in Ric's hometown of Charlotte.... The idea being that OVW and FCW wrestlers could get some 3 on 1 training with 3 of the greatest the sport has ever seen... The thought of Ric teaching developemental wrestlers how to build a match, interviews, psycology, heel tactics, while Steamboat can teach selling, how to be a babyface tactics, endurance, facial expressions, then Arn could deliver on more interviews, being intense, pride, etc...etc...etc... came across as a great idea to Vince... While Ric completely intended on demonstrating these abilities, his secret plan was scout young talent, convince them that bringing back the oldschool philosophies of kayfabe, psycology, the simpleness of less is more and just a glory day feel to a new product that will be the next phase of pro wrestling... Plain wrestling trunks, non flashy ring robes, delivering with short to the point promos instead of long winded 20 minute promos currently seen on Raw, Smackdown or ECW.... Flair started lining up old gyms in old towns like Charlotte, Winston Salem, Asheville, Fayetville North Carolina and like Greenville, Anderson and Rock Hill South Carolina for a Mid Atlantic Region.... While looking for the new Omni in Atlanta, GA for the recreation of Georgia Championship Wrestling... Flair was determined to find the new Buzz Sawyers, Tommy Rich's, Ole Anderson's, Dick Slater's, Magnum TA's, Ivan Koloff's, Arn Anderson's and Ricky Steamboat to recreate some of the greatest oldschool angles once again.... Vince was excited he signed off on personal service contracts that would allow his talent to work with Ric Flair promotions on improving their skills...little did he realize that the personel contracts would allow Flair to use WWE talent, Vince did not know that Flair was planning on starting a promotion....One by one developmental wrestlers like [B]Elijah Burke, Cody Runnels, Harry Smith, Nic Nemeth, Bradley Jay, Kofi Kingston, Shawn Spears, Evan Bourne, Johnny Jeter, Colt Cabana and Vladimir Kozlov's[/B] came in to work...Which ones would stay with Flair? We will soon find out.[/CENTER] [B][I]O.O.C. I will post same backstory on both Threads for now[/I][/B],

[CENTER]We've fast forwarded to the end of Spring.... Flair's master plan has taken the step, that has lead to McMahon and his falling out..... Flair began bringing in some additional talent to work with his 3man wrestling school... [B]Ted Dibiase's sons[/B], as well as ROH talents like [B]Adam Pearce, Brent Albright, Roderick Strong, Davey Richards[/B] and some independant wrestlers including recently released WWE stars such as [B]Ace Steele, Silas Young as well as Brodi Lee, BJ Whitmer, Jon Moxley[/B]... McMahon became curious as to Flair's intentions...Flair was having a weekly wrestling show in front of 50 or so people for his trainees to get some work....McMahon threatened to pull his developemental talent, but it wa stipulated in th contracts that Flair had approval from McMahon as long as not interfering with their WWE schedule...McMahon began making ultimatums to his talent, thus pushing some towards Flair's group and some away back to the WWE... The straw that broke the camel's back in the Flair/McMahon relationship was Flair had been seen with NWA President [B]Bob Trobich and promoter Dave Marquez[/B].... Was Flair aligning himself with the NWA... The answer was no.... Instead of aligning himself with the NWA...He bought out the rights to the promoter's of The National Wrestling Alliance.... Ric Flair with the aid of Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson was now the new owner of the lineage, the logo and the name of the [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/NWAlogo.gif[/IMG] The news broke out all over the place... It was every web-site, all over the dirt sheets, it became the talk of wrestling.... Flair did a wrestling radio talk show promoting a return of the territories, oldschool values, kayfabe, sensible storylines and great action.... The who's who began wanting to align themselves with Flairs project... His school of teachers had added [B]Ted Dibiase, Jim Cornette[/B] and [B]Paul Orndorff[/B]..... Flair had targeted January of 2009 as the re-launch.... Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling and Georgia Championshp Wrestling were back.... The [B]NWA[/B] was about to return with a strong new era[/CENTER]

NWA Business Plan [CENTER]The [B]National Wrestling Alliance[/B] has been re-established...[B]Ric Flair[/B]now owned all the rights to name, title, lineage, logo's etc.... Flair has himself a solid group of veterns to help train the "new" generation of the NWA...Flair has most certainly p!ssed off, the most powerful man in wrestling in [B]Vince McMahon[/B] in that he had sabotaged some of Vince's talent, backed out of a legends deal with the WWE and now started up a new regional promotion that will instantly become one of Vince's biggest competitors... It was late spring 2008 nd Ric Flair and his behind the scenes men of the NEW [B]NWA[/B] began working on thier business plan... [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ricflair.jpg[/IMG] "Vince has called me every name in the book because of my desire to return this sport to its roots." "I will never earn another WWE penny as long as I live and now I've tarnished my legacy on a project he states he will put out of business before it ever opens its doors", Flair stated.. "Well, I'll tell you this, I am going to stick it right to Vince McMahon with his own damaged goods.. We will make stars of Vince's castoffs... They already have some name value, might be able to draw some fans with the mentoring we have going on here and I have a potential TV contract that I have been working on secretly for years about to go through at any moment.", Flair added.. "What we will simply begin with is 2 promotions: [B]Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] and [B]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/B]....Each territory will run 1 big monthly show and weekly television to hype that big show... In [B]Mid Atlantic[/B] we will run Charlotte, NC... Greenville, SC.... Raliegh, NC.... with some possible house shows in Spartenburg, SC.... Asheville, NC.... Winston Salem, NC.... Anderson, SC..... [B]GCW[/B] will find a nice monthly home in Atlanta, GA with some house shows in Marietta, GA.... Columbas, GA...Macon, GA...as well..... Every Tuesday we will tape Mid Atlantic TV and Wednesday will be a Georgia TV Taping.... [B][U]NWA Schedule[/U][/B] [B]Tuesday: Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling TV Taping Wednesday: Georgia Chapionship Wrestling TV Taping Saturday: Both shows will air on TV 2nd Saturday of the month: Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling "Big Show" 3rd Saturday of the month: Georgia Championship Wrestling "Big Show" Once every quarter: 4 times a year [B]Clash of the Champions[/B] (Combined TV event)[/B] We will have titles in each region [U][B]Mid Atlantic Titles [/B][/U] [B]Mid Atlantic Heavyweight Championship Mid Atlantic Tag Team Championship[/B] [B][U]Georgia Titles[/U][/B] [B]Georgia National Heavyweight Championship Georgia National Tag Team Championship[/B] [B][U]NWA Titles[/U][/B] [U][SIZE="2"][B][I]NWA Titles will be defended in both areas[/I][/B][/SIZE][/U] [B]NWA World Heavyweight Championship NWA Tag Team Championship NWA World Television Championship[/B] There will be som cross promotion... The first NWA world title to be determined will be the Television championship which must be defended once per month in each region....As the territories strengthen, we will add the the World and Tag team Championship.....Eventually, based on the success we have we may move into new territories, but for now we will get down to business with [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/aa.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/steamboat.jpg[/IMG] [B]Arn Anderson[/B] and [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] will lead the way in developing new NWA stars by improving the wrestlers work rate, interview skills and giving many of these young stars new ring names that catch a little bit of the past in their new style and appearance The Phone rings...Flair answers..."It's a done deal! We are all set to go January 2009... Saturday Nights!!! Thats excellent news!!! 6:05 est till 8:05! Thats incredible news!! Thank you! Lets get it done and start promoting it".... Flair hangs up and looks towards Steamboat, Double AA, Dibiase and Orndorff and says, "Boys, The NWA is officially coming back to TV!" [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/tbs.gif[/IMG] "Saturday Nights! 6:05-7:05 Mid Atlantic Wrestling and 7:05-8:05 Georgia Championship Wrestling!... [B]It's The NWA Saturday Nights at 6:05 on Superstation WTBS" [/B] [I](ooc from here we will see each diary go off on their own with the signing of their talent)[/I][/CENTER]

NWA Signing [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] "Alright, Dibiase's kid is set for Georgia...Double A, Steamboat what do you guys have." [B]Steamboat:[/B] "Well, honestly Ric.... I see an Arn Anderson type of wrestler with this guy here... No Frills, stocky, but solid build, intensity in the ring, Great workrate with a proven work based company... I think he has it all except for the mic work and thats what you can install in this guy" [B]AA:[/B] Yeah I agree with Ricky, this guy has got that tough as nails, big potato fist punch you in the mouth, stomp a mudhole in you throwback mentality... I certainly see a World title run in his future as well. [B]Dibiase:[/B] World title run, then he's not an Arn Anderson type of wrestler! [B]AA:[/B] Like you can talk Teddy! Orndorff: This guy has some name value to the purist type of fans from his ROH stint, yet some may remember him from the E as well... [B]Steamboat:[/B] I certainly think we could build around him, be it as a face or as a heel, as a lone wolf type or as a faction. [B]Arn:[/B] Let's keep it simple with him Black boots, Black trunks, no frills all business and intensity.... I think because of his ROH Following we don't mess with a name change or anything like that. [B]Flair:[/B] Alright, Mid Atlantic has their first guy. [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon To MACW![/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]BRENT ALBRIGHT[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/albright-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-0 242lbs From: Tulsa, Oklahoma Age: 30 Debut: 1998 Trained by: Mike Modest (APW)[/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: ACDC/Back in Black[/B] [/CENTER]

NWA Signing (late spring 2008) [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Allright guys it's time to make a call on one of these WWE Developmental wrestlers...This Brad Bradley kid, wants a shot to be a star...Apparently the "E" was going to repackage him as Ryan Braddock and I'm not sure of what his gimmick is going to be. What's your thoughts? [B]AA:[/B] Why dont we just let the E call him up, that'll give him some exposure and after he toils in anymounity they'll just wish him luck in his future endeavors and then we welcome him with open arms [B]Steamboat:[/B] You dont think he'll make it big for them? [B]Orndorff:[/B] He's too bland and they wont figure out how to use him [B]Dibiase:[/B] He's got decent skills. He was trained by Ace Steele, but he's bit of a lumberer. [B]Flair:[/B] I see a big cowboy type, with black trunks, with the old Ron Bass horse shoes on his trunk and coming to the ring with a bull-rope. [B]AA:[/B] I kind of like it, he's got good size, he's rugged, his wrestling skills are decent and what happened to those old cowboy gimmicks anyways...Why dont we call him Jimmy Jack Funk Jr. we can even put that stupid lone ranger mask on him? [B]Orndorff:[/B] People will remember that as too much of a WWE character, but what about a "Black Jack" Mulligan type... [B]Steamboat:[/B] I like that better, many old NWA fans are certainly familiar with Black Jack Mulligan despite his run in the WWE... This gimmick might just fall in line with a Bunkhouse Stampede gimmick match as well. [B]Flair:[/B] I was just thinking the same thing, we'll just change a letter in his WWE proposed name, he's been called Jay, we'll call him Jack, so he will be quite recognizable when he comes in. [B]AA:[/B] I got him on the phone right now and he's is all for it, We'll take him in Mid Atlantic [B][SIZE="6"][U]Coming Soon To MACW[/U][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]"BLACK" JACK BRADDACK[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/bradley.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-4 253lbs Billed From: Waco, Texas Age: 28 Debut: 1999 Trained by: Ace Steele (Steele Domain Wrestling) [SIZE="1"]Real Name: Brad Bradley Actually From: Chicago, Illinois[/SIZE][/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: George Thorogood/Bad To The Bone[/B] [/CENTER]

NWA Signing (mid Summer 2008) [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Gentlemen, I cant believe the WWE recently released this worker because he is the epitome of what we want to push here in the NWA [B]AA:[/B] I cant believe they released him, He's got great talent, can work for a big man and he's been a tag team champion there like 3 times, and for him to fall into our laps! [B]Steamboat:[/B] He's even shown some good charisma lately [B]Dibiase:[/B] And he's got a great voice [B]AA:[/B] Doesn't have that bodybuilder look they mandate, in the "E" but he has that everyman look that fans can relate to.. [B]Dibiase:[/B] I'd think we just need to develope a little more charisma and get him watching some old interviews of Dusty Rhodes and Dick Murdoch [B]Steamboat:[/B] The skills are there, he's going to be tough, being trained by Harley, he's spent some time in Japan as well.. [B]Flair:[/B] He gives us some name recognition and he'll be able to deliver some good matches at the top of the card, so where's he going? [B]Orndorff:[/B] I'd love to have him in Georgia, recreating a Dibiase/Murdoch angle from the old mid-south [B]AA:[/B] I'd think maybe sharing this guy because of the potential draw factor, but his resemblence to Dusty and Dick, may help for him being a cornerstone in Mid Atlantic where older fans may appreciate that look and style a bit more. [B]Flair:[/B] I agree with Arn, but I can see him bouncing back and forth between territories [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon To MACW[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]TREVOR MURDOCK[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/murdoch-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-4 261lbs Billed From: Waxahachie, Texas Age: 28 Debut: 1999 Trained By: Harley Race[/I][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Real Name: William Mueller Actually From: Coffeyville, Kansas[/SIZE][/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Hank Williams Jr./You Cant Judge a Book By Looking At The Cover[/B] [/CENTER] [B][U]Current Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Roster:[/U][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Brent Albright 6-0 242lbs Tulsa, OK "Black" Jack Braddack 6-4 253lbs Waco, TX Trevor Murdock 6-4 261lbs Waxahachie, TX[/SIZE][/I][/B]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"][I](O.O.C: Since this is a discussion about both promotions... I will post this in both Territorial Resurgence Threads)[/I][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/NWAlogo.gif[/IMG] [B]Flair:[/B] Alright Gentlemen, I've called this meeting to discuss a couple of things regarding both Mid Atlantic and Georgia Wrestling... Both rosters have 3 talents assigned to them and we've got more to come. We are doing a great job at connecting with the past with developing some of their personas and we will make character developement and sensible storylines a major focus as we create the 70's and 80's with our new NWA territories... However, one thing we need to focus on is having some of the same characters from the 70's and 80's reprise new roles in our 2009 NWA... Thus making a connection with the old and the new. [B]Steamboat:[/B] I understand completely Ric, its kind of like the new TV spinoff show 90210 that has brought back Kelly and Brenda from the 90's version off the same same show. [B]AA:[/B] Steamboat, I should take you out back and slap the p*** out of you for comparing wrestling with some teeny bopper teenage drama. [B]Orndorff:[/B] What in the hell is 9..1..2..0..??? [B]Dibiase:[/B] Forget about it Paul, but Ricky's right...So what do we do... Rekindle Flair vs Steamboat for the NWA title... Have Orndorff take on Double A in loser is the first one crippled match.. [B]AA:[/B] Hey, Ted to quote Toby Keith... I ain't as good as once was, but I'll be good once.. [B]Orndorff:[/B] Toby who???? [B]Steamboat:[/B] Well, I'll bet that could draw some money still today and Paul do you pay attention to any pop cuture? [B]Orndorff:[/B] From the sound of this conversation, I'm glad I dont [B]Flair:[/B] Gentlemen getting down to business about reconnecting with the past... The Nature Boy" will be making guest color commentators once a month for both Mid Atlantic and Georgia...That way old NWA marks will still relate, with some stylin and profilin interviews. Here's the roles I'd like for the four of you. Arn and Ricky, I'm thinking of some sort of campaign for Commisionership of Mid Atlantic which will turn one of you, Probably Arn, either into a manager and of color commentator, but I think it'll make for some interesting storylines as we've got an ultimate bad guy and ultimate good guy confrontation between the two of you.. Paul, I'm proclaiming you the Commisioner of Georgia Championship Wrestling, because you've got that tough guy no-nonsense attitude and I think it will be best to have Ted play a manager role, especialy with Ted Jr. going to be a top draw... [B]Still Flair:[/B] I also believe we need to bring back the voices we've heardin the past...I've got calls out to Tony Schiavonne, David Crockett, Rich Landrum, Bob Caudle, Les Thatcher, Scott Hudson about returning to TBS for the broadcasts.... [B]Orndorff:[/B] Ted and I were talking about recreating the Assassins and perhaps a Masked Superstar #2...They both were huge in Georgia in the past and it might just be about finding right person to play those roles.. [B]Steamboat:[/B] Well, in talking with Arn, we might even be able to get Ricky and Robert the Rock-N-Roll Express in to help put some new people over... [B]AA:[/B] Same can be said about Manny Fernandez, Tim Horner, The Barbarian, all of whom still wrstlin occasionally. [B]Flair:[/B] I also want to get our Developmental program off the ground, for our stars for the future and this all kind of falls in line with what we're talking about because in 3 years or so the Stars of NWA could be our 1st 3 developmental wrestlers signed and thats Flair, Steamboat and Dibiase... and I'm talking Reid, Ricky Jr. and Brett.... [B]Steamboat:[/B] Let's just avoid the mistakes others have made and not rush our kids before their ready [B]Ted:[/B] Mine's already ready [B]AA:[/B] I was talking with Mike Rotunda and he is encouraging both his sons to join us as well, Taylor and Windham.. [B]Flair:[/B] Couple more quick things, let's make our focus on our next 3 signings each to get one wrestler with name value, one with experience that just gets a character makeover and one young lion, potential type worker.... Oh, and one last surprise to keep with the theme of todays meeting... I've made a signing myself that will float between both territories in a managerial role...Come on in Jimmy !!!!!! [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/cornette-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Coming Soon to Both Mid-Atlantic and Georgia Championship Wrestling!!!![/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="7"]JIM CORNETTE[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

NWA Signing [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] So, we got our roles down and I've stated, I want a name signing, a character re-make and a young lion in the next group of signings....So who's up? [B]Steamboat:[/B] Well Ric, we've got this perenial southern independent wrestler who has had a cup of coffee in TNA and with WWE... He spent most of his WWE time in OVW training in development... He's got some of that babyface southern style to his ring psychology and that probably comes from his secondary training recieved by Terry Taylor and by Tommy Rogers.. [B]Flair:[/B] Who are we talking about? [B]AA:[/B] Cassidy O'Reilly [B]Dibiase:[/B] Nice choice, I think he has that style that would work well with our new philosophy of wrestling we're going to push [B]Steamboat:[/B] Yeah, we're kind of going in the same direction you guys are in Georgia with the Tommy Chase character played by Chase Stevens.. [B]AA:[/B] Babyface, takes a good beating putting over the heels, mounts a comeback, teeny boppers get behind him because he's good looking, lot's of heart and guts, maybe an underdog because he' smaller type of wrestler... [B]Orndorff:[/B] Are you guys giving him the makeover? [B]Steamboat:[/B] Maybe just a name, I don't know give him some tassles around his boots... [B]Dibiase:[/B] Tassles, well then he automatically has to be your top babyface because of the tassles [B]Orndorff:[/B] What in the hell are tassles and what do they have to do with wrestling? [B]Steamboat:[/B] You know what I mean... He's got the blond locks that were popular in the 80's, I'm just thinking what other looks were popular back then, like tassles or wristbands.. [B]AA:[/B] We've done some research on a name for him and we think Cassidy O'Reilly just doesn't sound Mid Atlantic Wrestling, so we decided we are going to use the briefly used wrestling name of Robert Gibson's late brother Ricky Gibson had while in Mid Atlantic, and the name just sounds NWA wrestling, yet knowbody would really remember this name as an actual wrestler from Mid Atlantic [B]Dibiase:[/B] I hope it goes well with a guy wearing tassles! [B]AA:[/B] Shut up Ted! [B]Steamboat:[/B] Cassidy is going to go by the name of Ricky Lee Jones. [B]Flair:[/B] That name goes with tassles pretty good, maybe even with a guy wearing a glittery jacket and sunglasses too, you've got your 4th man! [B]AA: [/B]You guys are jerks! [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon To MACW![/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]RICKY LEE JONES[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/cassidy-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]5-11 208lbs From New Orleans, Louisianna Age: 32 Debut: 1995 Trained by: Lolly Dude +(Terry Taylor & Tommy Rogers)[/I][/B] [B][I]Real Name: Cassidy O'Reilly[/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Lynyrd Skynyrd/Call Me The Breeze[/B] [/CENTER] [B][U]Current Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Roster:[/U][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Brent Albright 6-0 242lbs Tulsa, OK "Black" Jack Braddack 6-4 253lbs Waco, TX Trevor Murdock 6-4 261lbs Waxahachie, TX Ricky Lee Jones 5-11 208lbs New Orleans, LA[/SIZE][/I][/B]

[QUOTE]Current Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Roster: Brent Albright 6-0 242lbs Tulsa, OK "Black" Jack Braddack 6-4 253lbs Waco, TX Trevor Murdock 6-4 261lbs Waxahachie, TX Ricky Lee Jones 5-11 208lbs New Orleans, LA[/QUOTE] Lets take a look at your roster for Mid Atlantic 2 Texans 1 Oklahomian 1 Louisanaian

Good point, guys...I'm sure the powers of the NWA will discuss it at their next meeting... However keep in mind: Dusty Rhodes, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham and Dick Murdoch were from Texas, The Anderson's were billed from Minnesota, Jimmy Valiant from NYC, Koloff's were Russian just to name a few... I'm curious as to where Valentine, Orton, Piper, Slater, Wahoo, Steamboat and Youngblood were all billed from during their Mid Atlantic heyday's?

[QUOTE=Oldschool;516434]Good point, guys...I'm sure the powers of the NWA will discuss it at their next meeting... However keep in mind: Dusty Rhodes, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham and Dick Murdoch were from Texas, The Anderson's were billed from Minnesota, Jimmy Valiant from NYC, Koloff's were Russian just to name a few... I'm curious as to where Valentine, Orton, Piper, Slater, Wahoo, Steamboat and Youngblood were all billed from during their Mid Atlantic heyday's?[/QUOTE] Valentine, I think was Florida Orton & Piper were Portland, OR Wahoo & Dirty Dick Slater was Texas, I think Steamboat was billed as "from the island of Hawaii, now residing in Charlotte, North Carolina" Youngblood I have no idea of

NWA Signing [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Alright Mid Atlantic, or should I call you Mid South, because you got got 4 wrestlers from the Gulf Coast Area, I'd swear I picked Bill Watts to work this promotion. [B]AA:[/B] Why the hell does that matter, just because you're from Charlotte, doesn't mean the rest of the world has to be. [B]Flair:[/B] I'm just saying it be nice to have some talent at least billed from the Mid Atlantic region [B]Steamboat:[/B] OK let me work on this (Snaps his fingers) and like that Ricky Lee Jones is now billed from Richmond, Virginia... Are you happy [B]Flair:[/B] Steamboat you live in Charlotte and you had to pick Virginia for this kid.. anyways who's our young lion.. [B]AA:[/B] We're going to pick GCW's Tommy Chase's old partner in the Natural's Andy Douglass [B]Dibiase:[/B] You know it'll be interesting to see how both these guys fair in singles [B]AA:[/B] They've both got some experience and both work that southern brawling style as most their background has been in Tennessee and TNA and as heels... I think with the re-packaging and as singles wrestlers fans will buy into new characters [B]Orndorff:[/B] Are you going to make him a heel.... [B]Steamboat:[/B] We're going to start him as a low mid card face and go from there...I'm kind of thinking like how Sam Houston was in Mid Atlantic around 1985 [B]Flair:[/B] You said re-package, so whats his new look and name... [B]AA:[/B] We've come up with Dallas Jennings [B]Orndorff:[/B] What in the h...I mean, where in the hell did you come up with that... [B]Steamboat:[/B] At least it doesn't sound like a WWE developmental slash pornstar name like Taj Milano or Trent Baretta.... [B]AA:[/B] He sounds like a good ole country boy [B]Flair:[/B] Where's he from [B]Steamboat:[/B] Gastonia, NC [B]Flair:[/B] Really! [B]Steamboat:[/B] No he's from Tennessee, but I'm afraid you'd call me Jeff Jarrett if I billed him from Nashville... but regardless he's definately a country boy either way [B]Flair:[/B] Funny Steamboat, what's his look? [B]AA:[/B] Keep it simple, long black hair, long tights...He dont have to change much, just get use to babyface style... and play up that country boy gimmick we want him to play [B]Flair:[/B] Alright thats 5 for Mid Atlantic. [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon to MACW![/SIZE][/U][/B][B] [SIZE="5"]DALLAS JENNINGS[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/andy.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-1 224lbs Billed From: Gastonia, NC Age: 30 Debut: 2000 Trained by Killer Kurt[/I][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Real Name: Andy Douglas Really From: Nashville, TN[/SIZE][/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Charlie Daniels Band/Long Haired Country Boy[/B] [/CENTER] [B][U]Current Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Roster:[/U][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Brent Albright 6-0 242lbs Tulsa, OK "Black" Jack Braddack 6-4 253lbs Waco, TX Trevor Murdock 6-4 261lbs Waxahachie, TX Ricky Lee Jones 5-11 208lbs Richmond, VA Dallas Jennings 6-1 224lbs Gastonia, NC[/SIZE][/I][/B]

NWA Signing (Mid Fall) [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] You guys have put off your big name for way to long.... Who is going to put buts in the mid atlantic seats? [B]Steamboat:[/B] Well, Probably you Ric, when you show up to do TV or Arn or myself as commisioner of Mid Atlantic [B]AA: [/B]Ric, I like our guy alot, he has name value, but not sure he was a draw, but I think we can work with him big time... [B]Steamboat:[/B] He's got some skill for a big guy and he's been a champion in the E [B]AA:[/B] And I think we can run alot of different angles and ideas with him...We can re-unite him with an old tag team partner, but I think we'd be better off building it into a huge feud [B]Steamboat:[/B] His mic work will be what gets him over, but if that don't work, maybe we could even put him with Cornette. [B]AA:[/B] The WWE just released Lance Cade right in the middle of a push on Raw including a pinfall victory on Shawn Michaels. [B]Flair:[/B] Really, what did he do? [B]Steamboat:[/B] He had some kind of reaction to unsuscribed drugs on a plain [B]Dibiase:[/B] Do we want that [B]AA:[/B] You guys sign Mike Knox months ago and he was caught with steriods and growth hormones.. [B]Flair:[/B] Guys, guys.... I like Cade, lets just keep an eye on him... Are we going to repackage? [B]AA:[/B] Just going to get that stupid haircut off him...We'll have him grow out and go back to that blonde look... We can keep him as Lance Cade because he used that name in Japan and independents prior to joining the E? [B]Steamboat:[/B] We got alot of different direction we could go with him [B]Flair:[/B] I agree...You could put him with Murdock, against Murdock... Same with Braddack, same with Albright... I certainly sense some slobberknockers there...Nice pick up boys! [B][SIZE="6"][U]Coming Soon To MACW![/U][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]LANCE CADE[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/cade2-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-5 261lbs Billed From: San Antonio, Texas Age: 27 Debut: 1999 Trained By: Shawn Michaels[/I][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Real Name: Lance McNaught Actually From: Omaha, NB[/SIZE][/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: ZZ Top/ La Grange[/B] [/CENTER] [B][U]Current Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Roster:[/U][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Brent Albright 6-0 242lbs Tulsa, OK "Black" Jack Braddack 6-4 253lbs Waco, TX Trevor Murdock 6-4 261lbs Waxahachie, TX Ricky Lee Jones 5-11 208lbs Richmond, VA Dallas Jennings 6-1 224lbs Gastonia, NC Lance Cade 6-5 261lbs San Antonio, TX[/SIZE][/I][/B]

fast forward to early November signing [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Alright Ricky, Double AA ... I called just you guys because Vinny Mac just released a talent from the E, that I want to see here in Mid Atlantic because I've always thought he was the 2K version of a legendary Mid Atlantic grappler. [B]AA:[/B] Who is this? [B]Flair:[/B] Vinny Mac just released our version of you, Ricky! [B]Steamboat:[/B] London? [B]Flair:[/B] Absolutely, Alright he's more mexican , but good build, high flying moves, good looks, black hair... I want you guys all over this [B]Steamboat:[/B] Dialing now. [B]AA:[/B] He can instantly be our top babyface...We can put him in tag team..He could be our Jay Youngblood when Ricky Jr. is ready to go... [B]Flair:[/B] I think putting him as the big chaser for a World Title down the line, could be a big sell. [B]AA:[/B] He just needs some charisma work... [B]Flair:[/B] I think he'd jump all over coming here [B]Steamboat:[/B] (on cell phone) Shhh...Shhh... Hey Paul, Ricky Steamboat here.... Yeah I know Ric just told me...A transexual gimmick, wow I dont blame you! Do you have any plans made with anyone yet... I'm sure they'd love to have you back. (Whispering to Flair and AA....Ring of Honor) Well you know we'd love to have you obviously, as per our conversation last spring and summer and work schedule would allow you to do other things like Japan or Mexico, in fact we'd kind of encourage it....uh huh....absolutely.... Hoping to get started around first of the year... Thats awesome...Great news....Come on down to Charlotte and we'll talk specifics...but I think its something that would be great benefit to the both of us...yep....great....allright...See you next week.... bye now! (hangs up) It's as good as done...He's excited about the opportunity [B]Flair:[/B] This is a good one guys...Ricky you need to work with this kid right from the get go.... Paul and Ted are going to be mad about this guys, so I'm going to owe them one... I just think he's a better fit in Mid Atlantic... In fact let's bill him Ricky style, originally from San Antonio now residing in Charlotte, NC [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon To MACW![/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]PAUL LONDON[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/london.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]5-11 205lbs Billed From: San Antonio, TX- Now residing in Charlotte, NC Age: 28 Debut: 2000 Trained by: Texas Wrestling Academy & Dory Funk Jr.[/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Alan Parsons Project/Sirius-Eye in The Sky[/B] [/CENTER] [B][U]Current Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Roster:[/U][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Brent Albright 6-0 242lbs Tulsa, OK "Black" Jack Braddack 6-4 253lbs Waco, TX Trevor Murdock 6-4 261lbs Waxahachie, TX Ricky Lee Jones 5-11 208lbs Richmond, VA Dallas Jennings 6-1 224lbs Gastonia, NC Lance Cade 6-5 261lbs Austin, TX Paul London 5-11 205lbs Originally From San Antonio, TX...Now Residing in Charlotte, NC[/SIZE][/I][/B]

NWA mid summer signing [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Alright Mid Atlantic boys, what do you guys have for an up and comer wrestler [B]Steamboat:[/B] Ric, we got a guy, who has worked in Japan, he's dabbling in ROH and he also is a former WWE developmental wrestler.. [B]Dibiase:[/B] I just cant help get excited about the fact, that we're creating an oranization of WWE has beens and the internet buzz about this has been great so far. [B]Orndorff:[/B] Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with Vince, but sometimes he's just blinded by his own vision. [B]AA:[/B] Well, maybe they'll turn things around now that Freddie Prinze Jr. is writing for them, afterall he has done alot in this business (rolls eyes) [B]Flair:[/B] Back to Mid Atlantic's new guy, where we going with him [B]Steamboat:[/B] He's athletic, He's sportin this new blond permed hair thing tht you might like, He's got a style that wasn't really WWE style, but more ROH style....His name probably only known by real hardcore fans [B]AA:[/B] His real name is Tyson Smith, he's been known professionally as Kenny Omega, in the NWA Mid Atlantic we are going to adopt the last name Landell. [B]Steamboat:[/B] We like the idea of putting an 80's NWA spin on some names..Like we did with Cassidy O'Reilly calling him Ricky Lee Jones...Only wrestling diehards, will remember Ricky Lee Jones [B]Orndorff:[/B] I dont even remember Ricky Lee Jones.. [B]Steamboat:[/B] Exactly, but it just sounds oldschool wrestling....How many wrestling fans will remember Buddy Landell? [B]Orndorff:[/B] Now, I remember Buddy Landell [B]Steamboat:[/B] I'm sure some will, but we are not calling him his kid, or any relation, it just kind of sounds oldschool NWA enough, but Kenny can make it seem original as casual fans won't remember Buddy [B]AA:[/B] He's going to be that babyface that gets beat down and mounts that big comeback, you'll fee sympathy for him, he'll have some flashy moves and the teenyboppers will scream for him.. [B]Flair:[/B] Welcome to the NWA Kenny Landell! [B][SIZE="6"][U]Coming Soon to MACW[/U][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]KENNY LANDELL[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/kenny.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]6-0 200lbs Billed From: Norfolk, Virginia Age: 25 Debut: 2000 Trained By: Vance Nevada[/I][/B] [B][SIZE="1"]Real Name: Tyson Smith Originally From Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada[/SIZE][/B] [B]Theme Music Kiss/I Wanna Rock-N-Roll All Night[/B] [/CENTER] [B][U]Current Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Roster:[/U][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]Brent Albright 6-0 242lbs Tulsa, OK "Black" Jack Braddack 6-4 253lbs Waco, TX Trevor Murdock 6-4 261lbs Waxahachie, TX Ricky Lee Jones 5-11 208lbs Richmond, VA Dallas Jennings 6-1 224lbs Gastonia, NC Lance Cade 6-5 261lbs Austin, TX Paul London 5-11 205lbs Originally From San Antonio, TX...Now Residing in Charlotte, NC Kenny Landell 6-0 200lbs Norfolk, VA[/SIZE][/I][/B]

• 2 weeks later...
NWA Fall signing [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Gentlemen, GCW has the Black and Blue Wrecking Crew, it's time for Mid Atlantic to bring in your first tag team, as we try to bring back tag wrestling the way it us to be.. Arn...Ricky... Who do you have? [B]AA:[/B] Well Ric, we have a tag team and Paul and Ted may be a little upset because they have rights to one of their contracted members, [B]Steamboat:[/B] And to be honset we are fine with sharing them, but we think Mid Atlantic is the best place for them to debut [B]Ted & Paul:[/B] well who is it? [B]AA:[/B] We'll just let this man introduce them [B]In Walks[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/cornette-1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="4"]JIM CORNETTE !!!![/SIZE][/B] "Ric, Arn, Ricky, Paul, Ted it's time for a new revolution in tag team wrestling and what man understands tag team wrestling better than me...The answer to that question is nobody gentlemen...nobody.. And it's time to bring back the ultimate franchise in tag team wrestling, from the ultimate era of tag team wrestling... I've search and scoured the nation of some of the finest indy talent in the world to come up with a pairing of a tandem that redefine what tag team wrestling is all about...I promise you that anything associated with the Cornette name will only be the best.... I've put together the most outrageous combination... We will be bigger, faster, stronger, more exciting....meaner and slicker.... good looking and quicker...... It is the new ultimate combination.... Twin sons from different mothers... Gentlemen I give to you the future Mid Atlantic and NWA World tag team champions" [B][SIZE="4"]"AWESOME" ACE STEELE[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ace.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]5-9 215lbs Billed From: The Darkside Age: 35 Originally From: Chicago, Illinois[/I][/B] [B][SIZE="4"]"SEXY" SILAS YOUNG[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/silas.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]5-11 217lbs Billed From: The Darkside Age: Originally From: Green Bay, Wisconsin[/I][/B] [B][SIZE="4"]COMING SOON TO MACW![/SIZE][/B] [B][U][SIZE="7"]The NEW Midnight Express[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B]Cornette:[/B] We are coming with the same style as Loverboy Dennis, Beautiful Bobby and Sweet Stan....Long tights by Awesome Ace...Short trunks by Sexy Silas.... Matching ring robes.... The Flapjack, The Rocket Launcher, The Double Goozle....Reinventing the tag team industry...And as always, I am going to be sayin what I want to say and do'in what I want to do...But for now you've seen enough and don't deserve anymore!!! [B]Theme Music/ Theme to Midnight Express[/B] [/CENTER]

NWA Signing (Fall) [CENTER][B]AA:[/B] Well Ric, we might as well continue this meeting about tag teams, because we've got a young team we're bringing on as well... [B]Flair:[/B] Awesome wht do you have? [B]Steamboat:[/B] We've got a young brothers tag team, that both have that long and lean Barry Windham look to them...We simply plan on putting them right up against our new Midnight Express and hope that Cornette can work his magic in 2009 and get both teams over.. We'll hype these guys as great all around athletes...All state football and basketball players in high school, life long dream to wrestlers since they were like 5... [B]AA:[/B] These guys are a little green, but they've worked all over independents and had a run in WWE development territory OVW as well, they worked some dark matches in TNA... [B]Dibiase:[/B] I'm guessing you got those Riggs Brothers? [B]Steamboat:[/B] Thats who we got...Good size, good looking, the young girls will scream for them...We put them in plain light blue trunks, with matching ring jackets... And let Cornette become so hated that these guys become popular... [B]Orndorff:[/B] You know, what is up with tag teams in the E anyways...Is it that hard to put a couple of guys in same outfit and let people identify them as a team? [B]AA:[/B] Obviously it is, that's why we're going back to the basics..with matching ring attire, pretty boy looks, we'll let a 100 young girls into the building for free to scream for them...Have them smile alot, sign some autographs...It's not that hard... [B]Flair:[/B] initially no, but for them to maintain that popularity they'll have to work at it... [B]Steamboat:[/B] These guys are ready to re-commit themselves after taking a bit of hiatus after being released by the WWE... [B]Flair:[/B] Nice job, today gentlemen with the young talent...Let's make it work [B][SIZE="6"][U]Coming Soon To MACW[/U][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="6"][B]THE RIGGS BROTHERS[/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="5"]JOHNNY and JASON RIGGS[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/riggsbrothers.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]Johnny Riggs 6-4 245lbs Jason Riggs 6-5 250lbs Age: Johnny (26) Jason (29) Billed From: Las Vegas, Neveda Trained By: Tom Howard, Les Thatcher, Al Snow Debut:2000[/I][/B] [B]Theme Music: Rolling Stones/ It's Only Rock-N-Roll[/B] [/CENTER] [B][U]Current Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Roster:[/U][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]1. Brent Albright 6-0 242lbs Tulsa, OK 2. "Black" Jack Braddack 6-4 253lbs Waco, TX 3. Trevor Murdock 6-4 261lbs Waxahachie, TX 4. Ricky Lee Jones 5-11 208lbs Richmond, VA 5. Dallas Jennings 6-1 224lbs Gastonia, NC 6. Lance Cade 6-5 261lbs Austin, TX 7. Paul London 5-11 205lbs Originally From San Antonio, TX...Now Residing in Charlotte, NC 8. Kenny Landell 6-0 200lbs Norfolk, VA Tag Teams: The New Midnight Express: "Awesome" Ace Steele & "Sexy" Silas Young 432lbs From The Darkside The Riggs Brothers: Johnny & Jason Riggs 495lbs Las Vegas, NV[/SIZE][/I][/B]

Archived