NWA: Mid Atlantic...Territorial Resurgence!

• 2 weeks later...
Rounding Out The Roster...Early December [CENTER][B]Flair:[/B] Double A, Steamer...We've got to get our rosters set, so that we can begin planning the return of MACW! [B]Steamboat:[/B] Ric, actually we have 3 guys who should fall anywhere in between opening matches and the mid card... [B]Flair:[/B] Good we need to start wrapping things up with our roster...Double A tell me what you got [B]AA:[/B] Well Ric, our first guy ha shown in some in the past some great heel skills...Some sneaky, ****y skills, with some charisma...I know Ricky likes him alot and if we can forget his tenure in The Spirit Squad we'll be fine, but he wa great in OVW.. [B]Steamboat:[/B] We can't quite put our finger on it, but we were thinking he has a little bit Eddie Gilbert in him, maybe some Chris Jericho...Anyways we're going to bring him in with an unpredictible type personality... The kind of guy you'll never trust... If he isn't cheating then he's not trying... [B]AA:[/B] We're giving him a nickname of "Dirty Deeds" and we're changing his last name from Jeter, which make's him sound like a northerner to a more southern wrestling sounding name and the last name of one of the great heels of all time in "Slater" [B][SIZE="6"][U]Coming Soon To MACW![/U][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]"DIRTY DEEDS" JOHNNY SLATER[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/jeter2.jpg[/IMG] [B]6-0 218lbs Billed From: San Diego, California Age: 27 Trained by Nick Dinsmore[/B] [B]Flair:[/B] Alright, who's next? [B]AA:[/B] I've got another ex spirit squadder for you... He's a little on the smaller side,but we're going to bill him as this tough as nails youngster with a never say die attitude... He's going to be a ground and pounder, but he's only 5-7 and about 210lbs.. [B]Steamboat:[/B] You can throw everything, including the kitchen sink at him and he'll just come back for more and more... He's former spirit squad member Mikey Mondo [B]AA:[/B] Except we're going to bein a new identity for him and just reverse his name a bit [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon to MACW![/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]MONDO MICHAELS[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/mondo.jpg[/IMG] [B]5-7 229lbs Billed From: Tampa, Florida Age: 25 Trained By: OVW Staff Real Name: Mike Brendi[/B] [B]Flair:[/B] Who's the last guy you got today... [B]AA:[/B] Another ground and pound type wrestler... We actually considered pairing him with Mondo as a tag team and may eventually do that down the line...But for now we'll let him go solo...He had a cup of coffee in ROH and was good in OVW... He has decent ring skills and mic skills as well as he was a leader and mouthpiece of his stable in OVW.. He's been in WWE developemental for awhile, [B]Steamboat:[/B] But I think he realized he might just be a bit plain for the WWE, but I really like his ring skills... He's been known as Mike Kruel, but our gimmick name for him, is a more traditional sounding wrestling name: [B][U][SIZE="6"]Coming Soon to MACW![/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]MAX BLANCHARD[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/kruel.jpg[/IMG] [B]5-11 224lbs Billed From: Brooklyn, NY Age: ? Trained by: Jim Kettner Real Name: Mike Mayo[/B] [/CENTER] [B][U]Current Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Roster:[/U][/B] [B][I][SIZE="1"]1. Brent Albright 6-0 242lbs Tulsa, OK 2. "Black" Jack Braddack 6-4 253lbs Waco, TX 3. Trevor Murdock 6-4 261lbs Waxahachie, TX 4. Ricky Lee Jones 5-11 208lbs Richmond, VA 5. Dallas Jennings 6-1 224lbs Gastonia, NC 6. Lance Cade 6-5 261lbs Austin, TX 7. Paul London 5-11 205lbs Originally From San Antonio, TX...Now Residing in Charlotte, NC 8. Kenny Landell 6-0 200lbs Norfolk, VA 9. Johnny Slater 6-0 218lbs San Diego, CA 10. Mondo Michaels 5-7 229lbs Tampa, FL 11. Max Blanchard 5-11 224lbs Brooklyn, NY Tag Teams: The New Midnight Express: "Awesome" Ace Steele & "Sexy" Silas Young 432lbs From The Darkside The Riggs Brothers: Johnny & Jason Riggs 495lbs Las Vegas, NV[/SIZE][/I][/B]

From Here on out (O.O.C.) The creative meetings of the braintrust of the NEW NWA Territories is over... From here We will refer to macwrestling.com updates for news regarding Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, and all behind the scenes type news will come from Wrestling observer notes... I hope you enjoyed the backstory... The new NWA territories will begin sometime after the beginning of the new year

Notes from the Wrestling Observer [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/observer.gif[/IMG] [B]NWA Mid Atlantic:[/B] Ric Flair's new project of The NWA is about a month away from debuting in the Mid Atlantic Region... Flair, who also with some silent artners is owner of the NWA Georgia Territory has stated that the focus of the new NWA is to bring back that feeling of yesteryear in its product, with the emphasis being on workrate, strong promo's, well thought out and written storylines, kayfabe and characters that may even be reminiscent of wrestler's from the past....The new territorial resurgence of the NWA has even returned to its old television roots as NWA World Wide Wrestling will air every Saturday Night on WTBS at 6:05 till 8:05... The first hour will be dedicated to Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, while hour number two will be dedicated to Georgia Championship wrestling... Flair has been on a mission to provide an alternative to WWE programming since his retirement back after wrestlemania... His new NWA creation has been raised the ire of Vince McMahon, who has stated that he won't even have to try to put the NWA out of business.. McMahon has gone on to state that Ric Flair's "Oldschool mentality" will put himself out of business... Flair in retaliation has built a strong team of leaders to develope its talent, including Ricky Steamboat and Arn Anderson in the NWA... They have picked away at some WWE developemental talent as well as some recently released talent that certainly has the potential to draw fans... Flair is out to prove that with the right push, storylines and character developement he can make stars of talent that McMahon let waste in WWE land... Among the talent signed to NWA Mid Atlantic is former WWE tag team champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdock, another former tag team champion in Paul London... The NWa has developed some new persona's for some other ex-WWE wrestlers... Ryan braddock is now "Black" Jack Braddack, Spirit Squad members Mikey and Johnny will be known as Mondo Michaels and Johnny Slater respectively.. Mike Kruel who made a name for himself in OVW has adopted the name of Max Blanchard... Former TNA wrestler's Cassidy O'Reilly and Andy Douglass of the naturals have new names which are copyrighted by the NWA in Ricky Lee Jones and Dallas Jennings... ROH standout Brent Albright was the first wrestler to sign on the dotted line, he is joined by recent ROH alum Kenny Omega, who wil now be known as Kenny Landell... We certainly brought some names back from the past, no question with Landell, Slater, Blanchard about to step foot in the NWA ring, we think some of those names can be the link between old fans and new ones... The one name that didn't have to be changed was that of Jim Cornette who will bring in a new version of the Midnight Express under his tutolege... Independent wrestlers "Awesome" Ace Steele and "Sexy" Silas Young will become the latest version of this tag team franchise from the 80's... Flair has stated he will now become silent as to the inner workings of the new product and has stated the practice of kayfabe will be mandatory with the new product and has stated the for up to date news you can check out macwrestling.com, but dont expect to get the inside dirt as that will be kept secret.

macwrestling.com [B][U][SIZE="5"]macwrestling.com[/SIZE][/U][/B] As we get closer to in-ring action, word in the locker room is that many wrestlers are trying to gain their position on the rosters, by impressing NWA championship committee in very tough training sessions, while others are using their politcal clout to position themselves... In the tag team ranks there are only 3 teams that we know and one of them has yet to confirm whether or not they will reform their team here in [B]MACW[/B]... The Riggs brothers have shown great athleticism during training, while the 3 time former WWE tag team champions Trevor Murdock & Lance Cade have yet to give any indication to [B]MACW[/B] if they will team up in the new [B]NWA[/B]... Th final team that we know about is Jim Cornette's re-incarnation of The Midnight Express "Sexy" Silas Young & "Awesome" Ace Steele have began teaming together in small independant organizations to gain familiarity, while Cornette continues putting the new MNE through a private training regime outside the walls of the [B]MACW[/B] training center instead instead holding workouts at his Louisville home now known as Camp Cornette... Cornette has stated, [I]"Awesome" Ace and "Sexy" Silas through the tutelege of the greatest mind in tag team wrestling...ME! will become the driving force of of NWA tag team wrestling... We will make tag team wrestling important again, we will re-vitalize a lost art in this great sport... We will win every single tag team championship this organization has to offer... We will be smarter, faster, quicker and slicker and one step ahead of the rest of the business... Get ready for a new revolution in wrestling the way it is, was and will be in the future...Get ready for The Midnight Express."[/I] Cornette also has left a hpe video of his new tandem for us to show you here at macwrestling.com

macwrestling.com [B][SIZE="4"][U]macwrestling.com[/U][/SIZE][/B] MACW has signed some talent that will work on a by appearance deal with the NWA on their weekly television program airing at 6:05pm on WTBS against the contracted NW/MACW wrestlers... Mid Atlantic independent wrestlers [B]Ric Converse, Damien Wayne, Jake Manning [/B]will join veteran NWA wrestler [B]George South[/B] as well as former OVW wrestlers [B]Pat Buck [/B]and [B]Brad Allen[/B], former WCW wrestler [B]Lenny Lane[/B] MACW and NWA wrestling have begun their own 2nd/3rd generation group of wrestlers... In addition to GCW signed wrestlers [B]Joe Hennig [/B]and [B]Ted Dibiase Jr[/B]. ...Also signed to NWA developmental deals are the sons of Ric Flair: [B]Reid Flair[/B], Bobby Eaton: [B]Dillon Eaton[/B], Ricky Steamboat: [B]Ricky Steamboat Jr[/B]., Barry Darsow: [B]Dakota Darsow[/B], Mike Rotundo: [B]Taylor Rotunda[/B] and his brother [B]Windham Rotunda [/B]will join following his college football career at the university of Troy...Most of the talent will work dark matches and at the macw training center and may evetually move up to MACW roster or [B]CWF (Championshp Wrestling from Florida)[/B] which will be the next NWA Territory... MACW have signed [B]Ray Ramsey [/B]as their senior official There has been no comment from either [B]Lance Cade[/B] or [B]Trevor Murdock[/B] regarding them reuniting as a team in MACW.... The pair were a 3 time WWE tag team champions prior to them joining NWA... MACW is proud to announce the naming of the 1st Commisioner and the man that will hold that spot is the legendary [B]Arn Anderson[/B]... Anderson had a statement upon being named commisioner "One thing about Arn Anderson is the fans would always get 100% from me, whether you loved me or hated me, you knew I would give it my all, each and every day I performed for you... That is the mentality that I will bring as commisioner to MACW as well, give 100% or get gone...There is no room, for non dedication and excellence is the expected"

macwrestling.com [B][U][SIZE="4"]macwrestling.com[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B]Tony Schiavonne[/B] and [B]David Crockett[/B] have officially signed on to be the hosts of MACW program on WTBS from 6:05-7:05... This wil be the return of two of the voices synonimous with the 6:05 timeslot on WTBS during the 80's... The very first TV taping will be held from The Bojangles Arena formerly known as The Cricket Arena formerly known as The Charlotte Coloseum back in the Mid Atlantic Heydey. NWA and MACW in particular have entered into early discusiions with [B]NOAH[/B] promotion from Japan about a talent exchange MACW has commited to having a [B]Mid Atlantic Heavyweight champion [/B]declared very early in its inception... New MACW Commisioner [B]Arn Anderson[/B] has decided that MACW will have a 3 way matchup on back to back weeks with the winners of those matches meeting on week 3 to declare the 1st "New" Mid Atlantic Heavweight Champion...Andeson ha stated that prior accolades will determine which 6 wrestlers will get to compete for the title... We hope to have names for you on the next macwrestling.com update. It is not yet known if [B]"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/B] will have any permanent on-camera role in the new NWA, but expect Flair to have some interview time on the first couple of MACW television programs... There have been rumors circulating about some older [B]MACW stars from the past[/B] looking to possibly apply for managerial liscences..However at this time it is pure speculation, on who those names are, so be sure to check back soon a macwrestling.com as we get more information. One contracted MACW wresler has already made comments to the Commisioner's office regarding his lack of promotion... [B]"Dirty Deeds" Johnny Slater[/B] has stated he was the one of the last wrestlers signed but he has the pedigree of being a former OVW heavyweight champion and states he was the force behind the Spirit Squad in what he wants to be a forgetable part of his career... [I]"I have more athletic ability than Murdock or Albright.... I'm bigger than Paul London, I have proven on the past that I can rule the roost, so to speak and headline a wrestling promotion and just because Arn Anderson is jealous of how good looking I am, and how I have backed up everything I've said I would do in this business gives him no right to not ask me to come in and do a promo hyping the return of MACW... When it is all said and done Johnny Slater will be the name you identify Mid Atlantic CHampionship Wrestling with and not Ric Flair, not Arn Anderson, not Magnum T.A. not Rocky King and not Randy or Bill Mulkey."[/I]

• 2 weeks later...
Wrestling Observer Notes [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/observer.gif[/IMG] [B]NWA MACW:[/B] [B]Arn Anderson[/B] has been making announcements regarding how titles will be decided via the MACW web-site... The observer has learned that the 6 particpants for Mid Atlantic Heavyweight Championship will be [B]Trevor Murdock, Brent Albright, Paul London, Johnny Slater, Kenny Landell and "Black" Jack Braddack[/B]..... [B]Lance Cade[/B] was asked about Mid Atlantic Title and stated his last match he pinned Shawn Michaels and that he was waiting for the big one to be announced, by big one we assume he is talking about the NWA world Title...[B]Ricky Steamboat [/B]has been spending a majority of his time working out the wrestlers at the MACW training center, We asked Steamboat who has he been most impressed by and he stated [B]The Riggs Brothers[/B] have improved dramatically since their OVW run. "They have good size, the athletic and are working hard at mastering the art of tag team wrestling." .... While talking with Steamboat, [B]Tatanka[/B] had shown up and inquired about work... Steamboat said its to early to tell, but from the looks of it tatanka has really gotten out of shape pushing th 300lb mark... Several Mid Atlantic independent wrestlers have signed on as enhancement talent, we've heard that one of those enhancment talents is getting into the 80's flavor of things and brought back The [B]Thunderfoot[/B] gimmick...

macwrestling.com [B][SIZE="4"][U]macwrestling.com[/U][/SIZE][/B] [B]Commisioner Arn Anderson[/B] has announced the 6 participants that will compete for the Mid Atlantic Heavyweight championship. In no particular order the 6 are: [B]1. Trevor Murdock 2. Johnny Slater 3. Kenny Landell 4. Brent Albright 5. Paul London 6. "Black" Jack Braddack[/B]... It was officially announced that [B]Lance Cade [/B]was originally offered a spot in the tournament, but declined stating, "I'm a former world tag team champion and competing for these regional titles is beneath me, when the NWA is ready to bring out the big boy titles, this big boy will be ready to rumble for the real gold"...When also asked if Cade was going to reform his tag team with Trevor Murdock in MACW, Cade stated, "We were mulitple time WWE tag team champions, but if you remeber that big redneck was more focused on becoming the next Garth Brooks instead of the next tag team champions, I think I made it well known in front of thousands of wrestling fans on WWE television what I think of Trevor Murdock and there has been nothing to change that opinion." MACW wrestling has signed referee [B]Matt Bennett[/B] to a contract, Matt has spent several years officiating in the ECWA It is official that [B]Thunderfoot III[/B] will be wrestling in MACW... At his request MACW will not reveal his identity... MACW has come to a contract agreement with wrestling superstar and North Carolina's own [B]The "Lakota Tatanka" Chris Chavis[/B] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/tatanka.jpg[/IMG] The man who many know as Tatanka has dreamed of seeing wrestling returning to the way it was in the 80's and 90's and has stated to MACW officials that he would like to end his career with one last run in the new NWA... "I may not be as fast or strong as I use to be, and my belly may be a little bigger, but I can still bring it and hit as hard as the best of them and I still have my pride to give it my best" The "Lakota Tatanka" stated as he plans on using his given name while still paying homage to his Native American Tribe "Lakota" and his 90's wrestling name "Tatanka" which means Buffalo... MACW has signed Carolina Independant wrestlers [B]George South Jr. and Jason Jones[/B] to ehancement deals...Both South Jr. and Jones have worked in George South Sr. Exodus Wrestling Federation and will try to impress MACW directors into offering them a developemental deal... The MACW enhancement deals signed so far include: [B]Damien Wayne, Ric Converse, "Man Scout" Jake Manning, Pat Buck, Brad Allen, Thunderfoot III, Lenny Lane, Jason Jones, George South Sr., George South Jr.[/B] and [B]Jason Jones.[/B]...All enhancement wrestlers are paid on a per appearance basis but have the potential to be signed to a developemental deal where they will be assigned to [B]CWF[/B] [B][I]"Championship Wrestling from Florida"[/I][/B] which will be opening their doors very soon. It is being speculated that the delay in MACW startup will last about one more month

Archived