Anyone Watching UFC 89?

UFC-KING

Yeah the Taylor fight was by far my favorite, Glad for Jardine for beating Vera, Didn't think it was a split decision though, It was definitley 29-28, but not for Vera, Bisping put on a dominant performance although i definitley thought Leben would KO Him with one of those Clubbing blows

Leben just looking for the big left made that fight predictable and boring. Bisping didn't show me anything that he could compete with the Silva's, Hendo's, or Franklin's. Still no real power on the strikes, his GnP is where his strength lies and it's not enough against the tops. At least his next fight will be against Hendo or Franklin... can't wait for that, although I'd prefer Almeida or Maia vs. Bisping. Lackluster card overall w/ some decent fights. Next week should be better.

Fight night's are "filler cards". The thought process behind this wasn't to "lead in" to next week's PPV. It's just another card over in England, pure and simple. I could care less about "names" because they don't make a good or bad card, so that has nothing to do with it being lackluster. I mean Silva/Cote isn't the best match up at 185, but could be good. But it's the undercard: Koscheck vs. Alves is better than Sanchez/Thiago. Should be great. Clementi/Maynard should be good showing us where Maynard is and if he can stop the jiu-jitsu of Clementi. Sherk and Griffin may be FotN. Franca/Aurelio has potential to be a barnburner on the ground (War ATT)... and so forth. Fight wise, this SHOULD be a better card, never said it was going to be though as any fight can lay an egg.

It was an alright show I thought. It lacked variety compared to EliteXC I thought, which wore on me after a while. There was also a little too much stand-up for my tastes, but I suppose that goes under the variety thing. Before each fight I picked a guy I wanted to win, and in all of those matches, apart from the Main Event, I was cheering on the loser. Even Bisping couldn't properly finish off Leben, denying me a proper mark out moment. Personal favourite match was the Shane Carwin match (apparently not shown in America PPV) because the dominating victory was so different to the rest.

Archived