All Star Wrestling

March 2006, Week 1 World News: Nothing major, but NWA-UK Hammerlock had indeed lost their TV deal on STV. ASW Wrestling Challenge Taping 1,000 Linwood Sports Centre The Hammer House started out by attacking Mark Impact in the back, after a Frankie Sloan video, we then saw them promote themselves. This was followed with a six man tag victory over Ice ASW, Harry Smith and Santino. Canadian Shadow defended his TV title over Steve Sonic and the night ended with Frankie Sloan seeing off Norman Smiley. C overall and a success. World News: Shocker defeated Rhino to become TNA nationaiede Champion, whilst Johnny Moss took the NWA-UK Heavyweight belt from Chris Chavis. ASW News: Nova signed an Exclusive PPA deal, whilst Drew's friend signed a contract but wasn't named on the website. ASW Wrestling Challenge brought in 335 viewers on the Friday night. ASW Wrestling 1,000 The Lowry RICK STEINER arrived at the start and immediately cut a promo on Marty Jannetty, stating Marty should forget targetting Drew's title belt. Jannetty replied, stating he was going nowhere and challenged Steiner to a match. Rick went on to win, then continiued the beating post-match. Andy Baker & Canadian Shadow were interviewed, The Stampede Bulldogs came out during and took offence to some of the comments made (Typical All Star booking). The Stampede Bulldogs won the match, with Harry Smith hitting a brainbuster on Andy Baker. In the maaaaaaaaain event, Alex Gold defeated Drew McDonald by Disqualification and was viciously beaten to the ground for his troubles. Cash was, so far, down by $-2,125 for the month.

March 2006, Week 2 ASW News: Jody Flash has flown the coup, so to speak. ASW Wrestling Challenge Taping 1,000 Everton Park Sports Centre The show started with Nova arriving, walking through the backstage area and then stopping to make an open challenge. The TV title was defended by Canadian Shadow, gaining a win over Flatliner. Next, we saw Nova warming up before walking to the ring and relaxing across the top ropes in the corner. Alex Gold came out to accept the open challenge and was beaten, by submission, before Nova continued the assault with a series of press up headbutts (gotta admit, it'd be a great spot). The final match saw Frankie Sloan defeat Brody Steele, quickly followed by another statement of intent towards Drew McDonald's title. C overall and a success...the show would also attract 330 viewers. ASW Wrestling 1,000 Planet Ice Jonny Storm started off by claiming he'd finally chased Jody Flash out of All Star and awaited "The Neeeeext muppet". Alex Gold, never one to shy away from a challenge, stepped up and was defeated in just under 15 minutes. The Hammer House appeared, Majik stating that TJ obviously hadn't listened well enough. The Stampede Bulldogs came to the ring and defeated Dark Humour, TJ Wilson taking the fall over Conscience...the trademark Hammer House beating ensued. Johnny Devine taunted Frankie Sloan, stating he'd only returned to defeat Sloan then he'd be off round the world again. He left with a defeat under his belt, Frankie Sloan winning in under 13 minutes. This time the show got a C+, surely an improvement in popularity isn't far away now. World News: RBW became Regional, whilst CZW became a Cult promotion. ASW News: Cash was currently -$5,000 for the month.

March 2006, Week 3 ASW Wrestling Challenge 1,000 The Dome Marty Jannetty began the show challenging Canadian Shadow, which led to a 15 minute time limit draw. Rick Steiner attacked Marty post-match, reminding everyone he was here to keep the road clear for Drew McDonald. Rick then went on to defeat Flatliner, which was closely followed by Wagner Brown cutting yet another promo about how good he is. Frankie Sloan, who was watching backstage, challenged Wagner in an interview conducted by Lexie Fyfe. Frankie went on to win the 2 out of 3 falls match by 2 falls to 0. Overall: C+ and a success. It’s amazing how this fluctuates, it does seem that adding a fourth match into an hour causes the “the crowd expected more…” although I’ve had it with three matches aswell. You’ll read, elsewhere on the GDS forums, my slight annoyance with the “Traditional” style. I don’t really want to cheat by just changing it myself though, as “Family Friendly” would probably be closer. Of course, the other problem with ASW is that some of the wage levels in the data are off…$2,200 to $1,500 an appearance for any UK worker is highly unlikely really. ASW News: We received 387 viewers for the above show, plus Jimmy Jacobs signed on a PPA…I don’t actually know why I signed him, as his overness means he’ll offer nothing that some of the others already can. World News: Ron Killings became TNA X Division Champion. ASW Wrestling: 1,000 Spectrum Leisure Complex In the first ever “Jester’s Court”, Marty Jannetty was interviewed…”Don’t worry, there are no Barbers here” being the line of the night. Jannetty was challenged over his recent failures and attacks by Rick Steiner, with Jannetty laying the challenge for later. Harry Smith defeated Jimmy Jacobs with a running powerslam, then Frankie Sloan challenged Brody Steele and Avalanche to a handicap match…winning with a pinfall on Avalanche. Rick Steiner stated tonight would be Jannetty’s last night in ASW, which proved to be right as he got the pinfall. Overall: C and a success. ASW News: Sonjay Dutt signs on a PPA, whilst Alex Wright signs on an Exclusive PPA. World News: HBK defeats Batista for the WWE World Heavyweight Title, plus The Super Heroes take WWE Tag Team gold from The New LOD. Unbelievably, Masanobu Fuchi (yep, the same one nobody ever went in the Fire Pro games) defeated Satoshi Kojima for the AJPW Triple Crown. March 2006, Week 4 World News: Dave Taylor and The Dynamite Kid both begin work at RBW. ASW Wrestling Challenge 1,000 The Dome Sonjay Dutt defeated Canadian Shadow, Wagner Brown and Andy Baker to become the new ASW TV Champion. Alex Wright defeated Edgar Stryfe with a German Suplex. The first televised “Jester’s Court” saw Robbie Brookside questioned about the tag title situation. Robbie stated The Hammer House could have a number 1 contenders match if Jester defeated him. Unsurprisingly, Conscience came out and attacked Robbie…quickly followed by Jester defeating Brookside. Conscience and Majik then defeated Sudden Impact to gain a title shot. Overall: D and the crowd weren’t happy, to be honest the card stank. When shown on TV, it would only get 260 viewers…that’s a drop of 127 from last week. World News: JWP went Regional ASW Wrestling 850 John Wright Sports Centre Robbie Brookside challenged Rick Steiner to a loser leaves town first blood match. Dark Humour defeated The UK Pitbulls to become ASW Tag Team Champions, Majik attacking Big Dave pre-match. After the match, Dark Humour celebrated as The UK Pitbulls left straight out the front door. Steiner accepted Brookside’s challenge, bringing Robbie straight down to the ring. The crowd were buzzing, not surprising as it was being held in East Kilbride, as Robbie Brookside defeated Rick Steiner…the pinfall coming after DREW McDONALD accidentally cracked Rick with a steel chair. As Drew and Rick argued, Frankie Sloan came down and rolled Drew into the ring. Robbie psyched up Frankie, as Drew McDonald reminded Frankie he was in Drew’s back door now (not entirely true, as Drew’s from Perth). Frankie went on to defeat Drew and become the new ASW British Heavyweight Champion. Overall: C+ and a success. ASW News: I made a number of firings, The UK Pitbulls and Rick Steiner being the main ones along with Funaki & Road Warrior Animal. Seriously, we’ve been screaming out for one night deals to be added in since 2003…come on Adam, let’s be having them. World News: WFS and Michinoku Pro went bust. Bigtimewrestling.com It was announced that ASW had received a financial warning, cash was only down at - $8,522 though. As a result, TV was going to be cut again. It was also announced that the Promotion may eventually cut the roster, plus the weekly shows would feature near enough the same people each week.

April 2006, Week 1 ASW Wrestling 1,000 Vulcan Arena 1. The Liverpool Lads over Wagner Brown & Canadian Shadow, followed by a beat down on The Liverpool Lads. 2. Nova challenged and then defeated Alex Gold 3. Jonny Storm and Xtreme Dean debated their positions, eventually a 6 man tag was offered and agreed. Dean & Sonic Impact defeated Storm, Jacobs and Steele. 4. Frankie Sloan won a battle royal Overall: D … all it probably needed was a promo before and an attack after the battle royal. World News: CZW signed a PPV deal, whilst Shelton Benjamin became US Champion at Wrestlemania. April 2006, Week 2 ASW News: Flatliner decided to leave, I wiped away the tears and moved on. ASW Wrestling 1,000 Vulcan Arena 1. Nova was interviewed, he apologised to Alex for cheating and offered a re-match. 2. Dark Humour challenged The Stampede Bulldogs, which led to a 15 minute time limit draw. 3. Jonny Storm taunted Sonjay Dutt, mocking his TV title reign and blaming him for the show being pulled. Jonny went on to win a ladder match and defend his Middleweight Title. 4. Alex Gold accepted Nova’s offer, leading to a 15 minute time limit draw and a show of respect. Overall: C April 2006, Week 3 World News: Segun Carter took Alex Gold’s NWA British Commonwealth Title ASW Wrestling 1,000 Planet Ice 1. Wagner Brown challenged Frankie Sloan, who accepted, and then defeated him by Count Out…the CO coming due to an attack by Johnny Moss. Moss continued the attack after the match, brawling through to the back. 2. Alex Wright came out and held the ropes open, offering Mossy the chance to step in the ring with him. Mossy accepted and then defeated Alex. 3. Nova cut a promo, stating he wanted to give the fans something to enjoy and challenged Shooting Star of all people. Having defeated Shooting Star, with repeated kerb stomps, he taunted him and left. Overall: C+ April 2006, Week 4 World News: Stacy Keibler posed nude for a top men’s magazine, whilst Kensuke Sasaki left AJPW…obviously it was either stay and work the show or run to the newsagents for a copy of Playboy. The Duke of Danger, a fine heel by UK standards, won the FWA All-England title. Plus, there were rumours of BCW offering Nova a contract. ASW Wrestling 1,000 The Dome 1. The start saw THREE men stake their claim for a British Heavyweight Title Shot. Johnny Moss, who Frankie Sloan had actually challenged through the website, was soon followed by Wagner Brown and Xtreme Dean. Sloan stated there would be two eight man tag matches, the winning captains would face off…if his team lost, the title would be vacated and fought for that night. 2. I’ve totally forgotten the teams, but Johnny Moss’s team defeated Xtreme Dean’s after Wagner Brown attacked Dean. Wagner Brown then blaimed Dean for the matches taking place, stating Sloan would have had to agree to a triple threat. 3. Frankie Sloan’s team defeated Wagner Brown’s, which brought Dean back down to attack Wagner. 4. Drew McDonald appeared, stating everyone in ASW should look out. He invited Adam Windsor to face him in an exhibition match, which soon became something akin to the Apollo Crede versus Ivan Drago match…Adam Windsor took the win by DQ, but it’ll be weeks before he’s over the concussion. 5. Johnny Moss defeated Frankie Sloan by Count Out…with Drew McDonald attacking Sloan. Overall: C World News: IWS, NWA-CS and K-Dojo all went bust. Samoa Joe and Jerry Lynn became NWA Tag Team Champions at Lockdown. ASW News: Barry Windham signed on an Exclusive PPA, plus there was all sorts of shouting going on in Robbie Brookside’s office. My mobile phone was going off constantly, so I decided to switch it off… In financial news, ASW had made $14,223 and were now $5,701 in the black. What a turn around, I considered turning my phone back on but I thought I’d play safe. Robbie’s office had been a hive of activity, I decided to book the venue for next week and go on holiday for a few days.

May 2006, Week 1 Well, the holiday went well and I’d returned to the ASW Offices early on the Friday. I turned on my mobile, THIRTY SEVEN missed calls and TWELVE texts…this was it, I had done something wrong, I just knew it. Even with making the extra money, it was a false month with no TV and ASW needed TV. I flicked through the UK Fan Forum, it turned out that Paul London had become WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Shinsuke Nakamura had quit NJPW and Paul Burchill had just left the WWE. “None of it my concern,” I though…but then there was a knock on the door, I answered and… Dave Finlay: “Boss wants a word!” Me: “Boss…I don’t work for the WWE Dave. Hang on, what the hell are you doing here?” Dave: “I can’t say, but I am the head Road Agent and Robbie asked me to get you along.” Me: “Okay…give me a second.” Dave left, what the hell was happening??? I go off on holiday for just under a week and come back to find a former WWE Road Agent is now Head Road agent for ASW…more to the point, why wasn’t I asked? Anyway, I had to get to Robbie’s Office and face whatever music was coming my way. I walked into Robbie’s office, proud as could be and began… Me: “I’m sorry Robbie, so sorry. I panicked, what can I say. I took TV off and wanted to watch costs, it was the only thing I could think of. When I was owner of Scottish Championship Wrestling I spent thousands of…” Robbie: “Shut the **** up! Jesus Christ Kenny, you’d think I was going to fire you.” Me: “You’re not?” Robbie: “No, although you did turn your mobile off and bugger off on holiday. Where were you anyway?” Me: “France, it was great…tres bon infact.” Robbie: “Hmmmmm, well it would have been nice to have known. It would have been easier to not drop this bombshell on your lap.” Me: “Bombshell, what bombshell? Why’s Dave Finlay here? What’s Chic Cullen done wrong? What’s going on Robbie?” Robbie: “Calm down, the bombshell is actually two fold. I can discuss the first part now, we’ll talk about Saturday’s show later…which will need to stay in-house, nothing gets out.” Me: “Erm, fair enough.” Robbie: “Right, tomorrow is the last time for a while that we’re in the South.” Me: “Why, have Hammerlock and FWA signed exclusive deals or something?” Robbie: “No, we’ve reached C status in the North. I’ve had people ringing up and…” Me: “We’ve what! Oh ya ****ing beauty!!!” Robbie: “Calm down, you can go berserk to your hearts content later on. For now, I’ll just say that you’ll have a lot more freedom and I want to see some quality being brought into the locker room.” Me: “Fine.” Robbie: “Now, as for Saturday’s show. Dave has spoken with everyone and it’s all worked out, you don’t have any agent duties at all tomorrow. You don’t even have to book a worker or plan a finish, it’s all been done for you. But remember, if you’re asked by anybody then you know absolutely nothing…go it.” Me: “Erm aye, fair enough.” Robbie: “Right, go and I’ll speak to you later. Send Dave in on your way out.” [B]So, what was it I didn’t know anything about? Find out later, when I post show 1 of ASW’s May programme.[/B] [I](With Smackdown coming, it’ll probably be Monday before I post again…giving you all plenty of time to discuss what could be about to go down.)[/I]

May 2006, Week 1 Just a quick RIP to Eddie Guerrero. It doesn’t mean much in the whole scheme of things, but you need to say something. ASW Wrestling 1,000 Slough Ice Arena 1. Alex Wright cut a promo about being “Das Wunderkid” and was attacked by “The Wonderkid” Johnny Storm. After the brief argument, Storm defeated Wright to defend his ASW Middleweight title. 2. Wagner Brown challenged Sonjay Dutt, then defeated him for the ASW TV Title. 3. Drew McDonald once again warned all of ASW, Harry Smith was the man to face him this time. Drew took the win and then proceeded to taunt Frankie Sloan, stating his title reign would be a very short one. 4. So, it came…nothing strange had happened yet, but, when Dave Finlay appeared as the special referee, it was obvious this was it. Johnny Moss won the ASW British Heavyweight title, with Drew attacking Frankie Sloan during the match. It all looked innocent enough, but it was obvious the belt had been “shifted” by Robbie Brookside. The subsequent argument and brawl between Frankie and Drew meant Frankie would move onto a new feud, but what did it mean contract wise? I met with Frankie and it wasn’t good, the meeting was a short one and we left it with Frankie stating he wouldn’t leave ASW alone. Overall: C+ and a success ASW News: Paul Burchill signed on an Exclusive PPA, my moves for talent had started and hopefully Robbie would be pleased. May 2006, Week 2 ASW News: The signings continued, with Vampire Warrior signing an Exclusive PPA deal and both Jack Xavier and Bobby Eaton signing PPA’s. The Wrestling Channel also agree to resurrect the TV show, this time it would be taped on a Tuesday. World News: Masahiro Chono became IWGP Heavyweight Champion, whilst Bryan Danielson took RoH Pure gold. IWA Puerto Rico became Regional and the big news was that JBL had left the WWE. ASW Wrestling 2,000 Hull Ice Arena 1. Paul Burchill made his debut, issuing an open challenge and then defeating Alex Gold. Both men shook hands after the match. 2. Next up was the re-debut in ASW of Vampire Warrior, which saw him defeat and then beat down Adam Windsor. 3. Alex Wright challenged Johnny Storm, the match being arranged for next week…guess what, I forgot to run it that week. Alex Wright then hyped his upcoming match with Canadian Shadow and defeated him, being attacked by Johnny Storm post-match. 4. Drew McDonald cut a promo on Frankie Sloan, who would go on to beat him. After the match, Drew and Barry Windham would beat him down. Overall: C+ World News: Ken Kennedy left the WWE May 2006, Week 3 ASW News: Exclusive PPA deals were signed by John Layfield, The Great Sasuke and Ken Anderson (Mr Kennedy). Ken Anderson will wrestle as Mister Anderson…Anderson. World News: Kurupt Pickney became the NWA-UK Jnr Heavyweight Champion. ASW Wrestling 2,000 The Lightfoot Centre 1. John Layfield came out to make his debut, stating that ASW needed a World Heavyweight Champion…he even offered to buy it himself…and then he went on a long rant about British wrestling. The upshot was a claim that he could defeat any Brit and a partner in a handicap match. Jack Xavier accepted, naming Bobby Eaton as his partner for later that night. 2. Wagner Brown, Canadian Shadow and Brody Steele over Xtreme Dean & The Stampede Bulldogs…Wagner attacked Dean afterwards. 3. Alex Gold over Paul Birchill by submission. 4. Frankie Sloan challenged Drew McDonald and Barry Windham. 5. Mister Anderson appeared, claiming that he really couldn’t be bothered facing his opponent, Steve Sonic. The match went ahead anyway and Mister Anderson took the win. 6. Drew McDonald and Barry Windham over The Liverpool Lads, Drew taunted Frankie Sloan afterwards. 7. Bobby Eaton and Jack Xavier over John Layfield, Eaton hitting the Flapjack. Overall: C+ May 2006, Week 4 ASW News: Steve Lytton joined the announce team on a PPA. ASW Wrestling 2,000 Hull Ice Arena 1. Johnny Moss was facing Bobby Eaton, when John Layfield attacked and brought about a count out finish. Layfield went on to further his views that ASW needed a World Heavyweight Champion. Robbie Brookside was challenged by Layfield, with Layfield demanding the right to have a World Heavyweight title. 2. Sonic Impact defeated Dark Humour in a non-title match. 3. The Great Sasuke defeated Majik with a Fire Thunder Powerbomb. 4. Mister Anderson appeared, stating he feeling a lot more satisfied this week. He then went on to defeat Jack Xavier. 5. John Layfield came out and waited for Robbie Brookside to appear. Robbie came down and accepted that, should John defeat him, he could have the right to have a World Heavyweight Title. John Layfield went on to defeat Robbie. Overall: B- and a success End of month World news: DDT went bust WWC, Toryumon, JAPW & PWG all removed their Booker FWA signed a PPV deal with Setanta ASW News: I forgot to check the finances, will report at the start of next month’s. ASW Challenge is scheduled to return next month. Upcoming: TV returns, so the TV title will be on the line each week. John Layfield now has “the right” to have a World Heavyweight title…but what exactly does that mean? Frankie Sloan are set to battle it out, “Das Wunderkid” and “The Wonderkid” will continue their fight and the Burchill versus Alex Gold saga rages on. Also, the new names will be looking to make their mark. Whatever happens, it’s exciting times here at ASW.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd left this on the back burner for a while, should be getting back into it shortly. Football Manager 2006 and SD vs RAW 2006 were just too time consuming, plus I decided to take a look at Wrestling Spirit...not sure it's worth the purchase, would be a superb freeware game (COUGH, HINT). What else, oh yeah DOTT..."Easy, Easy, Easy...YOU SHUT UP!!!!!!!!" Next job for ASW is to get an area up to around the C+, crowds rocket as soon as you do don't you know. So, it looks like Hull Ice Arena and The Lightfoot Centre are going to be well used.

June was an absolute disaster, as I broke the bank...so I'll give brief details, from memory, and then we'll just nicely breaze past and onto July. World News first: A few Promotions died at the end of the month, BJPW and one other...FIP I believe. GAEA Japan also opened, making Matsunaga the Owner. Dory Funky Jnr became the TNA Nationwide Champion and that's about all I remember for title changes...certainly nothing major is missing. Around six Promotions fired their booker, I'll give an update on that in my July report, whilst CMLL is STILL without a Booker...it's like I'm being called, but I must resist at least until December 2006. ASW News: Current Champions: ASW British Heavyweight: Xtreme Dean ASW Middleweight: The Great Sasuke ASW TV: Canadian Shadow (The real break out star during June) ASW Tag Team: Sonic Impact (Mark Impact & Steve Sonic) Feuds: Alex Wright lost the "Wonderkid" feud to Jonny Storm and has subsequently walked out of ASW. A feud began with Alex Shane and Conscience, it's unknown if Alex is staying around after learning we've broke the bank for the second time. Burchill and Alex Gold are sitting at 3 - 3 in a best of seven, expect both these men to stay and complete this feud at least. Sloan and Brookside gained revenge over Drew McDonald and Barry Windham, McDonald attacking and hospitalising Windham after the deciding match...Windham has also left ASW. As I said above, Canadian Shadow has been the break out star. His feud with Bobby Eaton saw B- matches across the board, so it may be time to put the TV belt on another and push Shadow towards Heavyweight gold...we certainly need to use less and cheaper guys through July. Major News: John Layfield is staying at home, his locker room rant seeing a number of workers stating they'll pick up their downside and leave it at that for July. ASW is also now a "Pure" promotion, as "Traditional" was A not suitable and B doing my bloody head in...a one hour show with two promos and an attack is, quite frankly, not going to disappoint any UK fans (leave the house and watch some Ryland, hehe). ASW signed a working agreement with JAPW, though that'll sit in the back burner. Our Saturday shows will now be 1 hour long, plus I mean to add a 30 minute show on Friday nights...anyone who claims ASW is attempting to fleece the fans by putting on only 1 decent match would be absolutely right and I'm not going to deny it. Majik and UK Kid have left, the Majik one annoys me as I'd planned to start him feuding with Conscience. ASW Upcoming: Johnny Devine has turned face and alligned with The Stampede Bulldogs, though Dave Swift has signed and set his sights on Johnny. Chris Petherwick, British Amateur Champion, has signed. Team Ireland have re-signed, whilst Stixx and Ross Jordan have come in from the FWA. Expect to see a lot fewer major names on cards, hopefully I can ride out July and make a wee bit of cash here and there.

ASW July 2006 Week 1 ASW News: Fergal Devitt & Paul Tracey signed on PPA’s, as did Stixx and Raj Gosh (Double Pain) ASW Challenge TV Taping 1,000 The Dome Sonic Impact over Team Ireland, ASW Tag Team Defence. Canadian Shadow vs Gary Steele announced, which then saw Canadian Shadow attack Gary Steele. Canadian Shadow and Gary Steele went to a Time Limit Draw ASW TV Title Mister Anderson over Domino. Xtreme Dean vs Johnny Moss was announced, with Xtreme Dean defeating Mossy to defend the ASW British Heavyweight Title. Overall: C+ World News: Mar Belton became FWA All-England Champion Stan Hansen became Booker of APW Randy Savage became Booker of Chikara Pro BCW sign a PPV Deal ASW News: Jack Xavier and Steve Sonic had a fall out Danny Williams signs on a PPA Majik and UK Kid have both left ASW after their contracts expired ASW TV brought in 7,702 viewers ASW Wrestling 1,000 Planet Ice Alex Shane over Jester. Mister Anderson cut a promo about himself, then defeated Domino for the second time in a row. Drew McDonald and Chris Petherwick defeated The Stampede Bulldogs, Dave Swift attacked TJ Wilson after the match. Canadian Shadow challenged Xtreme Dean to a title match, which Dean won 2 – 1. Overall: C World News: At NWA-UK Black and White, DeVille and Vandal became Tag Team Champions. Chris Chavis also defeated Johnny Moss to become NWA-UK Heavyweight Champion. Kaoru Ito became Booker of GAEA Japan. Sting became Booker of CWA Jason Knight is the new Booker of IWR Mike Hawes takes on the book at PWI ASW Main Event: 1,000 The Dome Mister Anderson loses to Steve Sonic The Great Sasuke defends the ASW Middleweight Title over Dave Swift Overall: C, suffered due to lack of a third segment. Week 2 ASW Challenge TV Taping 1,000 Vulcan Arena Steve Sonic defeated Flying Dragon Mark Impact defeated Canadian Shadow to become the new ASW TV Champion Backstage, we saw Johnny Devine talking over the strategy with Harry Smith & TJ Wilson. They would go on to lose a six man tag match to Mister Anderson, Dave Swift and Andy Baker. Lastly, Johnny Moss defeated Domino. Overall: C and the viewing figures would be 7,150. ASW Wrestling 1,000 The Lowry The final match in the Alex Gold/Paul Birchall Best of Seven series was hyped. Carl Mizzery made his feelings known, stating he was being ignored again. Paul Birchall defeated Alex Gold, winning the series 4 – 3. Both men celebrated in the ring afterwards. Double Pain defeated The Stampede Bulldogs, again Dave Swift attacked TJ Wilson. Conscience called out Alex Shane, promising to destroy him. Jester attacked Alex, with Conscience putting Alex through a table and forcing the Ref to count. Frankie Sloan made sure Carl Mizzery wasn’t being ignored any more, defeating him inside 10 minutes. Overall: C ASW Main Event 1,000 The Dome Mister Anderson made an open challenge, which was answered by Steve Sonic. Sonic went on to win by DQ. Bobby Eaton defeated The Canadian Shadow. Overall: C World News: At RBW Commonwealth Clash, Johnny Storm defeated Hade Vansen to become the new RBW Heavyweight Champion. Joey Mercury took WWE Cruiserweight Gold At FWA Vendetta, Hade Vansen bounced back from RBW disappointment to become the new FWA Flyweight Champion. Week 3 ASW Challenge TV Taping 1,000 Everton Park Sports Centre Johnny Storm was announced as appearing. Backstage, we saw Dave Swift & Canadian Shadow cut a promo on The Stampede Bulldogs, stating they were unfortunate to be aligned with Johnny Devine. The ASW TV Title match between Mark Impact, Fergal Devitt & Chris Petherwick went to a 15 minute time limit draw. Dave Swift & Canadian Shadow defeated The Stampede Bulldogs Johnny Storm made yet another “Muppets” open challenge, which was answered by Alex Gold & Danny Williams. Alex Gold went on to win the triple threat match. Overall: C-, the viewing figures would be 6,667 ASW Wrestling 1,000 The Dome Chris Petherwick made an open challenged, which was answered by Johnny Moss…this saw Mossy turn face. Johnny Moss went on to win an Ultimate Submission match by 3 – 1. Canadian Shadow defeated Bobby Eaton Drew McDonald returned to action, defeating Danny Williams. Overall: C+ ASW Main Event 2,000 Hull Ice Arena Drew McDonald defeated Bobby Eaton in a First Blood match, then proceeded to beat him down post-match. The Great Sasuke defended the ASW Middleweight Title, defeating Mister Anderson in a Ladder match. Overall: B- World News: Buchanan is the new AJPW Triple Crown Champion. JAPW became a Regional Promotion, so all they need to do now is book shows that aren’t on Saturday’s and ASW can put the working agreement to use. ASW News: Finances were healthy, very healthy infact. So healthy that Justin Layfield was actually seen in the offices and I submitted my August plan report to Robbie a week early…his brief memo reply read: “Make the Phone Call to Sting, don’t spend too much time on the rest.” I made the call to Sting, requesting an agreement with CWA in Canada. I also began work on “the rest” – more on that during next month. Week 4 ASW News: The week began with TJ Wilson, Avalanche and Brody Steele all either leaving or being shown the door. ASW Challenge TV Taping 2,000 Sports Centre (That’s all the data gives as the name) Xtreme Dean was announced as appearing. Mark Impact retained the TV title with a win over Chris Petherwick. Danny Williams defeated Mister Anderson. Drew McDonald launched a scathing attack on Xtreme Dean. Xtreme Dean defended the ASW British Heavyweight title with a win over Drew McDonald. Overall: C+, viewing figures would be 7,268 ASW News: Sammy Ray signed on a PPA, whilst Eric Canyon, David Sharp and Cameron Knite all signed on EPPA deals. ASW Wrestling 1,700 The Lightfoot Centre Alex Shane put his ASW contract on the line, challenging Conscience to a Stretcher match. Conscience accepted and went on to win. Justin Layfield appeared Mister Anderson & Justin Layfield defeated Sonic Impact, Canadian Shadow & Dave Swift plus The Great Sasuke & Go Shiosaki in a non-title four way tag match. Xtreme Dean defeated Paul Birchall to retain the ASW British Heavyweight Title, afterwards both men shook hands. Overall: C+ ASW Main Event 1,700 Hull Ice Arena The Great Sasuke defended his title against Johnny Storm Canadian Shadow defeated Jack Xavier Justin Layfield defeated Eric Canyon Overall: C+ World News: Charlie Haas and Kaz Fujita became IWGP Tag Team Champions. Chris Benoit and Carlito became WWE Tag Team Champions. PWI went bankrupt Mil Mascaras retired ASW News: Cash was now at $33,970, having started the month around - $4,000 Upcoming: Two main things, firstly ASW hope to announce a deal with Canada’s CWA promotion and, secondly, negotiations have started that will hopefully have Robbie Brookside rubbing his hands with glee. Around the roster, we should see Dave Swift continue his feud with Johnny Devine and Mark Impact will continue his run as ASW TV Champion. With finances better, bigger names should feature although the Saturday show will remain at 1 hour for now. John Layfield is also sure to have a few things on his mind, whilst ASW’s long term booking strategy is being looked at again.

Archived