All Star Wrestling

I’ve decided to start a Dynasty as All Star Wrestling, based out of Liverpool. ASW, in the real world, are owned and booked by Brian Dixon. Brian goes all the way back to the halcyon televised days of British wrestling and has worn the t-shirt as far as the UK is concerned. ASW currently tour the UK, bringing over US and Canadian talent for tours, with the occasional Japanese worker appearing here and there. Public opinion of their shows is mixed, with opinion on Brian himself being understandably mixed also. No idea how this will go, how many will read it, or even the format of my posts...weekly round-ups perhaps, instead of monthly. So, onto my attempts to take ASW to the top of the UK ladder and return UK wrestling to terrestrial television…a Wrestling Channel slot would do in the interim of course. I’m going with the regular style for now, as I’ve no idea how the touring style of Promotion would work. Hopefully, in time, I can throw in a few house shows. November 2005, Monday Week 1 At the beginning, there is no Brian Dixon and I’m therefore awaiting the new Owner’s arrival and his impending words of wisdom regarding my targets. There are a couple of titles, but I intend changing things around and will outline those plans below…whilst looking at the roster in minimal depth just now. Only one annual show existed on the schedule, so a weekly ASW show will be run on a Saturday night to see how we draw for a month and then I’ll look at a Monthly big event. Saying that, I could get a shock after the first show and have to re-think everything…wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened to me in wrestling. With no Staff, I immediately looked to the experienced heads on the roster and placed Dave Taylor (Former WCW worker) and Ricky Knight (Owner of WAW in Norwich) on the booking team, with Frank “Chic” Cullen (Scottish legend) becoming our road agent. There are no announcers, or referees, so that’ll need to be addressed straight away…discussions are pending with a number of UK workers for those roles. Plans: The titles are currently an ASW Heavyweight and the ASW Peoples Championship. Well, I’m old school and will keep the Heavyweight…initially calling it the UK Heavyweight…and I’ll add the Cruiserweight and a Tag Team Championship. As it’s a clean slate, I’ll be having a number one contenders tournament for the UK Heavyweight Title and the other two will wait until December to be decided. Roster: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big at the moment, but I’ll wait until the start of December to really cut it down in size. I’ll retain a few foreign names, on pay by appearance, and slide them in during different months. This will, of course, depend upon the finances and how much money is coming in. The important thing is to have a mainly UK roster, working a more traditional style for now. Main names on the roster are Drew McDonald, Robbie Brookside, The UK Pitbulls, Dean Allmark, Frankie Sloan, Johnny Storm, Jodie Fleisch and Doug Williams. Using them show by show will be costly though, so I’ll strip initial shows to 3 or 4 matches in the hour and perhaps the traditional double duty battle royal at the end. The roster appeared to have a decent group of wrestlers with potential, but I’ll be looking to add a few names early also…thus raising the number even more in the short term. One interesting name on the roster is Slyk Wagner Brown…who only asks for £100 an appearance. There we have our stereotypical American worker, who the ASW fans can boo etc and could be the cheap heat mainstay. I also have a number of females on the roster, so I’ll be adding the occasional ladies match just to keep the traditional feel. I’ve already had an early clear out, with April Hunter, Nigel McGuiness and Gangrel the three more noticeable names, Joe E Legend will also be leaving. My justification being that I already have Brian Danielson, Chris Hero and a few others to call upon as “touring” talent so there’s no need for the others sitting around doing nothing. So far, I’ve looked towards NWA UK Hammerlock for talent to bring in and have requested talks with Conscience, Majik, Eric Canyon and Johnny Moss – I should point out that I’ve edited Conscience and Majik slightly. Having worked with them, I felt they needed a little tinker here and there. I’m also hoping to bring in the Swiss Money Connection, as ASW only currently has two tag teams and one of them don’t tag together very often. Around the World: Very little interesting happened on the few shows held, BJPW had two title defences and that was about it really. WWE’s RAW went ahead without any major points of note. A whole raft of talent was released from various Promotions around the globe. The ones of interest, to ASW, were Majik and Eric Canyon…hopefully meaning they’re shoe-ins for ASW now that they’re available.

Well, turns out I’m actually starting in October 2005 and not November as previously mentioned. My format will be pre-show news, the show, after show and then worldwide. I’ve actually completed the whole month, but haven’t typed it all up yet. The company website will return at the start of November, October’s shows etc are just to look at the market and build for later. The first two weeks will see shows run as small, with medium used in the other two. So, let’s look at October 2005, Week 1 Through the week we had the following news: Robbie Brookside became the owner, with my goal to be in the black in 671 days time. Greg Lambert (Announcer) and Andy Coyne (Referee) joined on PPA deals. ASW also brought in The UK Kid, Majik, Eric Canyon and Conscience on PPA deals. ASW Wrestling: Saturday 705 fans in Linwood Sports Centre Mark Impact defeated Wagner Brown, by pinfall with the Mark-1 Driver, 9:40 They had great chemistry, though the mood came down Rating E UK Pitbulls defeated New York Streetfighter & Man Mountain Hughes, with a Big Dave moonsault, 12:04 Rating D 10 man battle royal was won by Xtreme Dean, eliminating The UK Kid last, 9:31 Rating D #1 Contender semi-final Doug Williams defeated James Mason with the Chaos Theory, 17:05 These workers didn’t click. Rating C+ Overall Rating: D- (The fans want more angles and interviews) Going by the fans comment, the show couldn’t have been any more authentic if I’d tried. I can almost picture the spotlight following someone back from the toilet instead a wrestler. Cash was down by $2,525 overall After the show it was announced that Frank Cullen was the booker for RBW and Man Mountain Hughes was given the book at KSW. Worldwide: Jyushin Lyger became the IWGP Jnr Hvt Champion, defeating Tiger Mask, and then defending against Tiger Mask also. RAW saw Juventud defend against Spanky, whilst Chris Benoit disposed of Randy Orton. Taka Michinoku defeated The Great Sasuke to retain the Tohoku Jnr Heavyweight belt in M-Pro and then defeated Akira for the AJPW Jnr Hvt Title. Jim Neidhart has the book at NWA-UK and, in the FWA, Hampton Court defeated Mark Sloan and Ricky Knight for the tag straps. In Major Event news, NJPW’s “Go Gadget Go” (I despair, I really do) saw Lyger defend against El Samurai and Brock Lesnar defended his IWGP crown against Hiro Tenzan. Next Week: We’ll have Drew McDonald versus Frank Sloan in the second #1 contenders semi-final. Plus, going by the finances and the fact I’m only running a small show for the first two weeks, we’ll need to use fewer workers to even out costs.

October 2005, Week 2 Through the week we had the following news: Nothing, it’s not really a time to bring many people in and nobody is interesting any other Promotions. ASW Wrestling: Saturday 642 Planet Ice Drew McDonald delivered a cutting interview on Frankie Sloan, promising to destroy the English fans favourite. A restless crowd watched on Rating D Majik used a foreign object to defeat TJ Wilson, 19:42 Mood down Rating D Ice ASW used a last ride powerbomb to defeat Avalanche, 14:09 Rating E Drew McDonald used a handful of tights to defeat Frankie Sloan, 15:56 Drew was tiring as the match ended Rating C+ Overall D – Crowd again want more angles…come on, we had one interview in an hour. Cash has gone down by 2,445 overall, though it means we made 80 on this week. Worldwide: Andy Simmonz defeats Robbie Brookside for the RBW Heavyweight belt at RBW Unholy. Chris Benoit and Batista both retain on Smackdown, though why Kerwin got a World title shot is beyond me. AJ defended the X Division title against Jerry Lynn Lyger retained again, vs Kanemoto and then versus El Samurai FWA British Uprising draws 5,000 with Hampton Court retaining versus Sloan and Knight, plus Ross Jordan retaining his Flyweight title against Hade Vansen. Hiro Tenzan takes the IWGP strap from Brock, while Taka and Kojima both retain in AJPW. Jarrett is still TNA Champion, the day after Konnan leaves. NWA-UK on The Edge draws 2,000 with Jake Roberts and Jekkel becoming tag champs over NWA Ireland (Tracey & Devitt), whilst Moss retains his Heavyweight belt over Kurupt Pickney. WWE No Mercy Benoit over Nunzio Batista over Orton Nova & Richards defeat Cade & Murdoch for the belts, pretty silly as Nova leaves soon Christian & Sylvain take New LOD’s belts In other major news, Scott Hall and Paul Levesque ain’t talking…oooooooooooooh! Next Week: We move to Medium size shows and Robbie Brookside will defend his British Heavyweight belt versus Wagner Brown. Also expect to see Doug Williams versus Drew MacDonald. Weeks 3 & 4 will be posted together later

October 2005, Week 3 I’ve decided to only report title changes, these defences are doing my head in ASW Wrestling: Saturday 1,000 The Mill Theatre Wagner Brown challenges Robbie Brookside, with the British Heavyweight title on the line. Wagner Brown needs freshening up Rating E Conscience uses underhanded tactics to defeat Mark Impact, 13:44 Rating D Drew defeats Doug Williams, to become #1 Contender, by count out, 19:53 Drew was visibly tiring and looked poor Rating C Robbie Brookside used the Iconoclasm to defeat Wagner Brown, 12:37 Robbie was tiring, but looked good and Wagner looked awful Rating C Drew attacked Robbie at the end Rating C Overall Rating C- with the crowd still, after an interview and a run-in attack, are still not happy. Cash is now 1,905 in the black for the month Worldwide: NJPW Strone Style Extreme dropped by ESPN International Noah Di Colosseo dropped by Nippon TV Juventud and Nova left WWE for their respective booking Promotions, RBW & KSW Next Week: The ASW Middleweight Championship will have it’s first Champion. Robbie Brookside vs Drew McDonald for the British title Doug Williams to face Brian Danielson October 2005, Week 4 ASW News The Bull signs, hopefully he’ll provide some locker room leadership that’s lacking. John Hall signs as a Ref, whilst Tom Billington (Dynamite Kid) is a new Road Agent. All three above signings are PPA ASW Wrestling: Saturday 1,000 John Wright Sports Centre Majik over Frankie Sloan, UK Kid & Xtreme Dean for the Middleweight Championship, 13:38 by retrieval of the belt Rating C Majik Celebrates Rating D Brian Danielson challenges Doug Williams to a submission match Rating C- Doug defeats Brian, after 1 second of over-time Rating B- Drew McDonald said tonight’s main event was now a cage match, Brookside would be an English coward if he refused Rating C+ Robbie defeats Drew with an Iconoclasm, 13:26 Rating C+ Overall C – Show considered a success, which increased popularity…crowd not happy AGAIN!!! Cash ends the month at 30,625, having started at 20,000 Worldwide: I missed Brock dropping the IWGP to Tenzan at some stage, Tenzan defended against Chono Christopher Daniels defeats AJ for the X Division belt and defens over Simon Diamond at Bound For Glory. Also at BFG, Jarrett defeats BG James for the umpteenth time TNA go International, but IMPACT is DROPPED by Spike TV Next Month: Hopefully ASW can find it’s way onto Television, with a number of negotiations being requested. Tag Titles should be crowned Shows to remain Medium, with a scheduled Very Small venue pencilled in for the end of the month. Shows also likely to become 1 and a half hours long, so I can cram in more interviews and appease the tough UK crowd…honestly, whatever happened to kids with WWF foam hands and OAP’s clapping occasionally. Bigtimewrestling.co.uk Yes, it’s back as promised and the headlines are as follows Majik makes open challenge to any Middleweight Drew McDonald unhappy, claiming he’s Scotland’s choice and Robbie will pay UK Pitbulls return, but where were they? Touring talent to include Brian Danielson, Johnny Devine, Wagner Brown and Avalanche during the month of November

I made a complete pigs ear of November, well the fact a storyline can't actually be done did really...the accept challenge angle was a response, when it needed to be a decision. Anyway, long story short I'm going to skirt over November and return later with December. December will start with ourselves and NWA UK both having TV deals on STV and the FWA have landed a PPV deal with SKY Sports. The TV deal will see a TV Title being formed, plus the tag belts will finally surface...Robbie Brookside remains the British Heavyweight Champion.

December 2005 Disaster has struck and I’m in for it. TV has seen costs rocket, NWA UK are getting higher viewing figures and money is down. Of course, it didn’t help that I accidentally booked two shows for the 3rd Saturday of the month. It’s Monday on the 4th week and my mobile is red hot...fortunately it’s now off, but only because I’m about to step into a meeting with ASW owner Robbie Brookside. RB: “In the black I said…black, NOT RED. We’ve got a noose of a TV deal, we have Champions who I’m not sure we can afford to use regularly through January and the roster is loaded…Jesus Christ Kenny, we’re flying kites out there!” KM: “It’s really only the TV, it looks like we could use nobody and lose money.” RB: “Perhaps, but as of now you’re limited to a $1,500 talent budget on any TV show. Use the lower guys, let’s see what they can do. Give the fans basics, pre-match interviews…you know, the candy floss. Try and get cheaper announcers aswell, the girls are good but someone must be able to hold a mic for buttons.” KM: “Fair enough, what about the main shows?” RB: “1 Hour maximum, $6,000 budget on workers. We need to make up for the losses on TV, plus you’re going to have to look at the roster as well…it’s a mess in there. You can use me sparingly now, someone else has the title and should run with it. Let’s see some tag matches in there, not every show needs a title main event Kenny.” KM: “You’ll have a list no doubt…the ones you want out I mean.” RB: “Yes, I do. These are non-negotiable, any problems and the doors within walking distance. For a start, Carl Mizzery, Corey Vandal, Eric Canyon and The UK Kid…they can finish their angle with Dean and Majik, you never know it might change my mind…Bryan and Chad can go as they’re never available, John Hall as we only need one Referee, James Mason and you need to look at the “FWA” boys aswell. I’m thinking Tighe, with perhaps Belton and Zebra Kid if he’s still around…put The Bulls against Dark Humour (Conscience and Jester), if the Bulls lose they’re gone too.” KM: “Okay, I’ll get started on that…” RB: “I’ve not finished yet. We need one booker and one road agent…” KM: “WHAT? You’re asking me to make that call, can you not just have a chat?” RB: “Okay, but you’re telling them…as it’s your fault. Ricky Knight, Dave Taylor and Frank Cullen to go, you can keep Tom and the FWA lad.” KM: “I’d prefer to keep Dave, he’s at least ours.” RB: “Fine, fine, just go out and pull those kites in eh! Oh and, this week, I don’t want to see anything spent…not literally, but you know what I mean. We need to make money and if, for this week only, that means we promote a load of crap then so be it.” Well, meeting over and I have my orders. The current ASW Champions are as follows: ASW British Heavyweight: Drew McDonald ASW Middleweight: Majik ASW TV: To be decided ASW Tag Team: The UK Pitbulls I’ll run my last week, then post the Awards and a round-up of Promotions around the globe. Hopefully I can run January without turning it into a shambles like the last two months...having spare cash to run Jonny Storm vs Jody Flash every show would be nice, but unlikely.

December 2005, Week 4 Well, the last two shows went by and it was time to look at everything again. Robbie had asked me to fire a number of people, I’d fired around 90% of those names and justified keeping James Mason and The UK Kid. I also got rid of Sweet Saraya from announcing, to be replaced by Filipovic, and had let Tom Billington go and retained Frank Cullen as a Road Agent. For bookers, Ricky Knight and Dave Taylor were gone with Greg Lambert remaining. I’d also decided to look at some lesser talent and had brought in Andy Baker on an exclusive PPA, he has bags of potential and only costs $125 an appearance. Earlier in the month I had cleared out Fergal Devitt, Paul Tracey and both members of Swiss Money Holding. The last TV show of the month was an unmitigated disaster, along the lines of Leeds United’s spending policy under David O’Leary or Saint Mirren’s results under Alex Smith. This saw the “use lesser talent only” guideline, given to me by Robbie, to be rethought. The show rating itself was a F, or E, it really doesn’t matter and it saw Canadian Shadow defeat Mark Impact for the ASW TV Title. Popularity dropped in Scotland to D, though I’m sure the double show calamity also helped…unsure if the fact TV is only shown in Scotland affected it also. What it does mean is that ASW need, absolutely need, C- ratings at the very least for the TV shows…no matter where they are taped. The same can be said for the weekly large show, which needs a C- also. Our last main show in December came in at a C-, so the signs are that we can consistently make that mark. Here, we saw Xtreme Dean win the Middleweight Title in a Four Way elimination featuring Majik, The UK Kid and Eric Canyon. This was followed by Andy Baker, just to debut him, versus Shooting Star and the main event of Doug Williams versus Drew McDonald for the ASW British Heavyweight Title. Prior to the match, Drew laid out an open challenge with the stipulation that the acceptee (if that’s even a word) wouldn’t receive a title shot for the next month…Doug subsequently lost and so cannot receive a title shot during January. Another meeting was held after the shows, the result being that Robbie has set me a $10,000 worker budget for each week. This will see ASW Challenge TV styled around the old WWE Superstars shows in the heyday of jobber land…I may need to sign a few jobber (sorry, enhancement talent) workers just to keep things changing. The main shows should see a rotation of the main talent, with supporting matches filling the card out. ASW finished just over $7,000 in the red, which I attribute to the double show nightmare…it genuinely looked like it only brought in one lot of ticket sales (The attendance for show one was confirmed after show two, so that may well be a bug nobody has found as I’m probably the only prat to have made the mistake…takes me back to my days running Scottish Championship Wrestling when, erm anyway back to the diary), as the company lost over $20,000 on that one night. bigtimewrestling.co.uk: Robbie Brookside has made it known that he has a major announcement to make on ASW Challenge TV. Touring talent this month will see the usual names of Avalanche, TJ Wilson and Johnny Devine, rumours have also started of a new tag team forming. The UK Pitbulls will be on the road this month, Conscience has already stated his intention to end their title reign. Plus, can Xtreme Dean take the ball and run with it? Year End Awards: Wrestler of the Year: The Undertaker Young Wrestler: Marcos Female: Trish Stratus Veteran: Mil Mascaras No Promotions qualified for the two categories MOTY: Eddie Guerrero vs The Undertaker on a December WWE Smackdown SOTY: A WWE Raw from December Top 5: John Cena The Undertaker HBK Kurt Angle Batista The surprise name in the top ten was Universo 2000 I’ll give the current Champions for the top promotions around the globe at the start of my January postings.

January 2005, Week 1 (I know I promised Promotional round-ups, but I just cannot be bothered...I’m going to concentrate on ASW, plus give any important title changes etc as we go on. I’m also just going to post week by week, unless I run out of angle ideas and the posts become too short.) It’s been an interesting first week, with varying fortunes and some promising signs here and there as well. Two storylines merged into one, as contract wrangles took over and unavailability kicked in also. FWA’s PPV buys and TV ratings depress me, so just take it as read that their PPV buys are always around 30,000 and their terrestrial TV show, as opposed to the Wrestling Channel one, always has a viewing figure of around 70,000. ASW News: Leading up to the ASW Challenge taping on the Wednesday, the first major contract wrangle reared it’s head for ASW. I suppose we’d done well lasting without any problems until now, but Doug Williams’ signing of a written contract with NOAH was a disaster and meant ASW was now looking to fill a gap in the roster. Canadian Shadow renewed though, on an exclusive PPA deal, and that at least means we retained one of our more worthwhile lesser names. Canadian Shadow, along with Wagner Brown, definitely have the potential to go far and produce for us. ASW Challenge TV taping 1,000 at The Saddlers Club Robbie Brookside had made it known he had an announcement to make and boy did he ever, indeed it appears Drew McDonald had an idea of this and has turned his focus to the FWA (I could move the taping day, but nah). Robbie was unhappy that the fact Doug couldn’t get a title shot in January had obviously led to him leaving for NOAH. As such, Robbie blamed Drew for the stipulation in Linwood and stated Drew couldn’t go around making his own matches. A number one contenders tournament was announced, with Robbie announcing he would also appear tonight and give the fans something to cheer…this saw a challenge, from the ambitious Wagner Brown, later on in the show. Xtreme Dean versus Andy Baker was the first match on the show, with Xtreme proclaiming that the fans could rely on him and that his ASW Middleweight Title was just the beginning of the collection of gold he intended on having. Dean went on to defeat Andy Baker with his trademark under hook piledriver (Which really needs a separate name). The TV Title was defended by Canadian Shadow, over Santino, and it was just inside the 15 minute time limit. (Mr Kennedy just keeps playing in my head…funnily enough, that’s the nickname recently given to me by the UK wrestler Majik. But hey, enough digression for now). The TV Title, as you’ll no doubt imagine, will be based loosely around the WCW one with a time limit and the basic idea of building one person up. Finally, we had Robbie Brookside against Wagner Brown. This one went just over 12 minutes, with Robbie coming out victorious. We’d seemed to have cracked it, as the crowd were lapping it up and we received an overall rating of a C- ASW News: With the main show on the Saturday (how many times will I use those 7 words in a sentence do ya think) it was time for a few behind the scenes movements. In came Edgar Stryfe, on an exclusive PPA, Alex Gold, on a PPA, new announcer Sam Richardson to work alongside Filip Jovanovic and ASW entered into negotiations and signed a major former WWF/E star on an exclusive PPA…but more on that later… The TV show received 100 viewers on the Friday night, going up against Freeview porn is really affecting the viewing figures…that and it’s on in Scotland only, so everyone will be out drinking. The first round match, on the upcoming show, was announced as Frankie Sloan versus Gary Steele. We were also scheduled to see Johnny Devine versus Doug Williams, but that obviously wasn’t going to happen now. ASW Wrestling: 1,000 The Spectrum Leisure Complex Well, Johnny Devine decided to take credit for Doug Williams leaving. By showing respect after a defeat, then taking two victories on the bounce, he’d obviously gotten inside the head of the Anarchist. Who would dare deny this as true, which big former WWF name had ASW brought in and would now answer the challenge of this Canuck pretender…YES…it’s MARTY JANNETTY. Jannetty was immediately attacked by Devine, which led to a save by Alex Gold and an attack on Alex Gold by Conscience. Alex Gold then defeated Conscience, in a quickly arranged match, with his Pure Gold submission. There was great chemistry during this match, no doubt to the familiarity from their NWA UK Hammerlock days. The Marty Jannetty versus Johnny Devine match was announced and subsequently won by Marty. The Rocker Dropper being enough to end the match, around the 15 minute mark. The final match of the evening saw Frankie Sloan lose to Gary Steele. This was the match of the night, taking a C+ rating and the show took a C overall. Financially things were looking up, as over the week ASW had only lost $525. World News: Bret Hart made his feelings known about Vince McMahon...zzzzzzzzzzz. Plus, Tiger Mask defeated Jyushin Lyger to regain the IWGP Jnr Hvt Championship he’d lost in week 1 of October.

January 2006, Week 2 (I actually completed the month, so work permitting I’ll post it all) The week began with Mike Hughes leaving…yeah, exactly, who? ASW Challenge TV taping 1,000 at Gillingham Ice Bowl Dark Humour attacked Sonic Impact backstage, taunting them and making the scheduled match a tables match. Dark Humour subsequently won the tables match, then continued the beat down. Canadian Shadow defended the TV Title versus Ice ASW and Marty Jannetty defeated Edgar Stryfe. The show received a C- and would be watched by 100 viewers. Let’s hope next month’s negotiations bring ASW a deal with a UK wide channel. ASW Wrestling 1,000 The Dome, Doncaster Yes, ASW had finally secured deals with a number of venues in the North of England. Andy Baker won an elimination match, immediately afterwards we saw Gary Steele make his way to the ring. Gary decided to challenge Frankie Sloan and Marty Jannetty to a match versus himself and Andy Baker. The challenge was accepted and Frankie got the pinfall with The Shotgun on Andy Baker. The other match of the night saw Jody Flash defeat Jonny Storm with a 720 Phoenix DDT to progress into the title match at the end of the month…Gary Steele having already beaten Frankie Sloan last week. The show received a C and was a success. Cash was down by $1,675 over the month, so there was no way I’d find myself in Robbie’s office at the end of the month. Infact, ASW would soon be announcing another big name former WWF worker and Robbie would be hatching a plot to announce at the end of the month. Still no sight of Drew McDonald either, with Robbie blaming him for the recent cheapening of the product. World News: Not much, but NWA-UK’s TV show had 117 viewers January 2005, Week 3 ASW News: Yes, we’d done it again and another big name former WWF star had agreed to tour on an Exclusive PPA deal. Who was it, you ask…scroll down and don’t be so lazy! ASW Challenge TV taping 1,000 at The Saddlers Club As Xtreme Dean’s appearance was being announced, Majik came out and cut a promo. Majik claimed he should still be Middleweight Champion and that nobody cared about Dean, Majik then made an open challenge. The challenge was answered by none other than KING KONG BUNDY. Majik slid out the ring, then attempted a blindside…inevitably it failed and KKB defeated Majik inside 12 minutes. The TV title was defended by Canadian Shadow, over Flatliner, with a Jesus Driver. Finally, we saw Xtreme Dean defeat Andy Baker. The show received a C and we finally had Scotland back at the C- level. Again, the show would have 100 viewers on the Friday night. ASW Wrestling 1,000 Planet Ice Will Majik never learn? (Certainly if you ever saw SCW, or the now Scottish Wrestling Alliance, you’ll know he likes to talk…blooming Harry Potter lookalike.) Majik decided to challenge Alex Gold, stating he was nothing and should return to NWA-UK Hammerlock. Alex defeated Majik with the Pure Gold submission. Dark Humour looked to have taken it a stage too far, as they taunted The UK Pitbulls and suffered a pre-match beat down for their efforts. Amazingly, Dark Humour collected the victory, with a Guilt Trip by Conscience on Bulk, and became the new ASW Tag Team Champions. Xtreme Dean also defeated James Mason to advance to the title match next week. Mason, again, didn’t click with his opponent and I’m beginning to wonder if he ever will. Another C rating, things are looking up and we surely cannot be far away from a C rating in a location. That would open up $10 tickets for TV tapings and give us an extra $20,000 a month to play with. Cash was down by $2,600 over the month World News: NWA UK receive 130 viewers, hour two actually saw 159 people tuning in…Is it any wonder, they are shown in Scotland on a Monday. Everyone gets home from work in a mood, so it’s kick the dog, shout at the kids, give the missus a slap and then some good old fashioned wrestling whilst the teenage wife looks after the kids. Vampiro defeated AJ Styles to become TNA X division champ. Kikutaro defeated Taka Michinoku for the AJPW Jnr Heavyweight belt. Bigtimewrestling.co.uk It’s end of the month time nearly and ASW have their big end of month show. This one will see Drew McDonald finally return and defend against Xtreme Dean, Gary Steele and Jody Flash. Robbie Brookside has also promised to make his mark on proceedings. January 2005, Week 4 ASW Challenge TV taping 1,000 at Linwood Sports Centre Canadian Shadow had his biggest TV title defence yet, as he defeated Marty Jannetty with a handful of tights. King Kong Bundy defeated his scheduled handicap opponents of Edgar Stryfe and Andy Baker, before being attacked by Wagner Brown and then defeating Wagner Brown also. The final match saw Frankie Sloan defeat Brody Steele. C+ rating, 100 viewers ASW Wrestling 1,000 Vulcan Arena, Hull Robbie promised, Robbie delivered and Robbie was foiled. Brookside had decided to make things interesting for Drew McDonald. He’d turned his back on the locker room and one man had made his feelings known to Robbie. That man either wanted to exhibit his skills or teach Drew a lesson. Robbie made it known that Drew McDonald would face this man should he win the four way title match. Dark Humour defended versus The UK Pitbulls, this time Conscience got the win after a chair shot. Drew McDonald defeated Gary Steele, with a Celtic Crusher, to retain the ASW British Heavyweight title and immediately grabbed the microphone…(I couldn’t type the promo, as the language used was fruity to say the least)…to challenge whomever Robbie’s chosen one was to a cage match. The chosen one turned out to be King Kong Bundy. Drew defeated Bundy, unbelievably by sticking Bundy’s foot through one of the gaps in the cage and pinning him. The Referee, who’d earlier been squashed in the corner, couldn’t see this and made the three count. The show received a C rating and was a success Cash overall was now at $2,602, meaning ASW had made $5,293 during the month of January. World News: Jimmy Yang defeated Abyss to become RoH Champion. Nunzio defeated Trish Stratus for WWE Cruiserweight gold. The current ASW Champions are as follows: ASW British Heavyweight: Drew McDonald ASW Middleweight: Xtreme Dean ASW TV: Canadian Shadow ASW Tag Team: Dark Humour (Conscience and Jester)

February 2006, Week 1 I was looking forward to February with All Star, with a number of storylines brewing and I was playing with a few ideas also. As it turned out, I would only have one week at ASW until I would move onto pastures new… The week went well, [B]Road Warrior Animal [/B] and [B]Funaki [/B] had both agreed to work the end of month Supershow (Breaking the Rules) and Drew McDonald had managed to convince Dark Humour to attempt to take out King Kong Bundy at the TV tapings. This, ultimately, failed and KKB defeated Drew on ASW Wrestling to earn a title shot at the Supershow. Also at the TV taping, Canadian Shadow defended his TV title against TJ Wilson and the end of week large show saw Xtreme Dean defend the Middleweight belt over Majik. ASW had also signed a TV deal with The Wrestling Channel, plus cancelled the deal with STV. The plan being to hopefully raise the popularity across the country, we couldn’t share the same taping with both channels though. Ratings wise, we saw a C- for TV and the end of week show got a C+. Plus, the cash was only down $3,000 for the month so far. A European show was also in the planning stage, the idea being to have one main eventer and a support crew of lower card workers…this would minimise the financial hit we’d take in a F popularity area. So, there it all was…(I actually have it saved at this point, alongside having the current game running too)…I woke on the Tuesday of the second week and answered the phone, the conversation meant I was on my way. I phoned Robbie and he went, well he actually didn’t care. I promised we would put together a working agreement, but you could tell he didn’t see any point in it. I’m sure they’ll fire a few workers in the next couple of days and I’ll always keep an eye on the results (Having actually worked with a few of them, I was always going to take an interest no matter who I’d started with)…a monthly ASW report perhaps…but for now the tickets were booked and I was off to a new challenge. But, off to where, I hear you say… [B]Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre:[/B] Yes, my time booking ASW had taken me from an average rating to high and Mister Morales was suitably impressed. I was in the big time, with [B]$22 million [/B] in the bank, 2 TV shows…one needed dropped really, unless I split the roster…and a PPV deal. The first TV show will be on the Friday, with a live offering. Though, I am tempted to book a night of Champions for the Galavision/Televisa shows shown on a Sunday night. I recognise some names on the roster, but my overall CMLL knowledge has dipped lately. Herbie and the boys at The Wrestling Channel didn’t exactly help with their abysmal attempt at Mexican coverage in the early days of the channel. Fortunately, from memory, it’s rudo vs technico and interviews to build…usually building towards the big end of month show. I plan a few cross Border shows, maybe one in Japan now and then, plus a wee tour in the UK…house shows would be nice also and I’ve basically started negotiations with everyone just to see where we stand. I’ve also begun talks with a number of workers, from the Barrio Boys to Konnan and we’ll see how that leaves the roster at the end of the month. The rest of February will be me finding my feet, with plenty of financial sandbags to chuck everything at the shows. We’ll see what goals are set for me, but my current personal goal is to achieve International Status…alongside AAA…then hopefully pass them by.

Firstly...blooming heck, someone actually reads my stuff. hehe Secondly...I do have the ASW career still saved, so I may travel in time at some point and continue on. Mexico could easily become a mess of random lucha matches, with the same people working the main event over and over. But then, if I'm trying to be authentic then I suppose that's what really should happen.

Hire Black Tiger III and Lizmark Jr if they're not already on the roster! Can't go wrong with either of those two. Tiger is just crisp as hell, and has really improved -alot- since he was in WCW. I was also hoping for more UK stuff, as that seemed a little more intune with how you're writing. Now you have to write in spanish, you know?

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre: February 2006, Week 2 Ah the memories have been flooding back…though, what does “Magadan” mean as that’s all I remember hearing after every Rudo victory on Galavision. I’ve also been unable to find the Chiva Riyada workers, annoying as you can never have enough wrestlers dressed as Goats. Primera, Secunda and Tricera caida (ah, the downright basic rule breaking that would send the crowd into a frenzy…totally lost in the USA now of course.) The two TV shows look like they’ll both be staying, especially as TV Azteca won’t budge and Galavision get the higher rankings. I also need to watch how I book titles, as Galavision/Televisa is taped before TV Azteca is shown. Not as confusing as old school times of… “Right, we’ve got the titles but lost them last week…that show doesn’t air until next month so we need to wear the belts, but remember that we don’t wear them tomorrow or Wednesday, but have them back on Friday. Saturday we win them back and…gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Arn do we have the belts today or not?” “No idea Tully, absolutely no idea!” …but still something I need to remember, easy enough as I do actually keep a book (sad or what). I’d go on about running random shows over February, but in Mexico TV is currently up in the air anyway and, looking at CMLL show results, they’re basically fan pleasing Rudo vs Tecnico matches across the board. My plan is to make signings, which I’ve started already and then run two different styled tournaments through March and April…the singles one may just be through March (I did some research, but have totally forgotten the name of the singles tournament I’m basing it on). The CMLL Tag League will be through March and April though, with one league of 8 teams. CMLL Lucha Libre Taping 8,600 I had moved this to a Thursday, now cannot remember when it should be. It really doesn’t matter though, as the Galavision/Televisa shows are more of an edited overview of the past week or so. Satanico won a ten man battle royal, this brought out the other Los Infernals (Mephisto & Averno) to make an open challenge. Los Capos, Apolo Dantes and Mascara Ano 2000, came out to accept the challenge and then defeated Los Infernals 2 falls to 1 for the CMLL Tag Team titles. (The game currently has Satanico with Los I, but I’m not actually sure he is…I’ll leave him in though.) Next up was a Trios match, which saw Hector Garza, Pierroth & Halloween defeat Dr Wagner Jnr, Bronco (Silver King) and L.A. Park by 2 falls to 1. Los Guerreros Del Infierno made their first impact of the evening, with Rey Bucanero attacking Negro Casas prior to the CMLL Middleweight title match. Rey would lose, which brought out Tarzan Boy and Ultimo Guerrero to attack and hospitalise Negro Casas…the save being made by El Hijo Del Santo. Guerrero mocked Casas, then stated his pain would be furthered as he watched highlights of Guerrero defeating El Hijo. Ultimo Guerrero then defeated El Hijo to defend his CMLL Light Heavyweight title. Final match of the night saw Universo 2000 take on and defeat Ultimo Dragon…due to weight restrictions, this wasn’t for Universo’s CMLL Heavyweight title. Overall, the show took a B rating CMLL Guerreras Del Anillo 9,643 – 180,870 viewers (down by 44,030 on last week) Groon XXX over El Terrible, powerbomb Mascara Sagrada over Hector Garza, DQ Los Guerreros Del Infierno (Rey Bucanero, Ultimo Guerrero & Perro Aguayo jnr) over Satanico, Heavy Metal and Doctor Wagner to make the 14th defence of the CMLL Trios Title. Mephisto over Felino, Lizmark Jnr and Elektroshock – Lizmark Jnr was eliminated last Ultimo Dragon over Olimpico, Asai DDT Universo 2000 over El Hijo Del Santo, 2 falls to 0 – Again, non-title Overall, a C: This show didn’t have any segments lower than C+, but it was affected by the lack of interviews and angles…I basically set out to see what would happen if I loaded the card and had a few basics here and there. Being live TV, I’ll just show in graphics from now on and see what happens. CMLL News: Cash is up by $506,601 over the month so far Galavision drew 266, 586 viewers, with Televisa getting 168,444 In contract news, Konnan, Gail Kim, Nosawa, Cibernetico, Damien 666, Shocker and Tiger Mask all refuse talks…as did the worker formerly known as Ebessan (I really wanted Ebessan too, just as an excuse to play the MP3 of his theme tune every time I play TEW). An absolute Noah’s Ark of talent signed up to CMLL, with IWRG and ENESMA both taking talent hits here and there…RoH also lost the use of Rocky Romero, who now takes up the Black Tiger IV gimmick full time in CMLL. Other talent coming into CMLL, plus contract tie-ups, are as follows: La Parkita EPPA, Mosco De La Merced, Brazo Del Platino EPPA, Hugo Savinovich, The Headhunters, Estrellita, Coco Rojo, Coco Blanco, Coco Verde, Billy Boy & Alan Barrio, Black Warrior, Heavy Metal, Felino, Rey Bucanero, Octagoncito, Nidia, [B]Mistico[/B], Pentagon, Carlos Cabrera, Groon XXX, Dr Wagner Jnr, Silver King, Ultimo Guerrero, Mephisto, Negro Casas (signed on his hospital bed of course), [B]Mil Mascaras[/B], El Hijo Del Santo, Mascara Sagrada and Hector Garza The deal with Galavision was also extended by 5 seasons World News A mini ASW report here, if they keep using as much talent then it’ll be a bankruptcy report. Gary Steele and The Bull took Tag Team Gold, plus Frankie Sloan defeated Drew McDonald for the ASW British Heavyweight Title. The show got a B-, but like I say they used a bank busting amount of top talent…I was actually shocked they didn’t release any major names, except Jody and Jonny, among the 15 who were let go. ASW and CMLL also signed a working agreement, though none of the ASW guys can work in Mexico. CMLL also have an agreement with NJPW, though I’ll need to “talk” (that means edit) Jyushin Liger, Gedo and Jado…they’re on Written agreements anyway, but if I “talk” to them it might help later. Should probably “talk” to all NJPW, as the agreement precludes me from offering written deals to any I’d use anyway. So, there’s my first week of looking at CMLL. I’ve done some research and printed off a real world roster…that should help a bit. The tournament and the tag league will give me room to work, perhaps add in a couple of storylines also. I also intend to look at the roster properly, once I’ve finished my signings, and cut the fat so to speak.

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre: February 2006, Week 3 I decided to have one research show, so the Lucha Libre taping became a supposed highlights of a two day tour of the UK. I’ve decided that the Lucha Libre tapings will basically be a highlight of the past week sort of idea…it can include backstage stuff etc as CMLL have the big screens. Week 3 also saw the first CMLL PPV under my control. CMLL Lucha Libre Black Tiger IV over Averno, Mascara Magica and Mistico to become CMLL Super Lightweight Champion Los Guerreros Del Infierno defeat El Hijo Del Santo & Lizmark Jnr [I]Tarzan Boy attacked El Hijo[/I] Groon XXX defeats Tarzan Boy, 2 – 0 Los Infernales challenge Los Capos for the CMLL Tag Titles, the match goes to a time limit draw. [I]Ultimo Dragon is attacked by Hector Garza, Olimpico and Mosco De La Merced…shame as it was the only promo all tour that the crowd could understand. Black Warrior and Bronco make the save. [/I] The resulting 6 man tag ending 2 – 0 to Ultimo Dragon’s team Universo 2000 defends his CMLL Heavyweight Title against Lizmark. [I]Afterwards he shakes Lizmark’s hand, unusual for a Rudo.[/I] Upshot, language problems obviously blighted the show. As a test it was okay, but I won’t be running any UK shows any time soon. Next piece of research will be the US market, with a When Worlds Collide style PPV next month…just need to make sure the crowd can understand the main event (mask vs career…more on that later). CMLL Guerreras Del Anillo 9,588 Ultimo Guerrero wanted to apologise to Negro Casas, asking for a tribute video to be shown. As it finished, we saw Ultimo taunting Negro and then being challenged by Heavy Metal. The resulting match saw Heavy Metal win 2-1 and gain a CMLL Light Heavyweight shot at CMLL Epidemia Del Odio. Los Guerreros Del Infierno continued their reign of terror, with Rey and Taran Boy challenging Los Capos to a title match. Los Capos won 2 – 0, with Apolo Dantes looking over his shoulder constantly. As Los Capos celebrated, Universo 2000 came out and celebrated the win with Mascara Ano 2000…leaving Dantes looking on. Ultimo Dragon’s attempt to take Mephisto’s CMLL Welterweight belt was thwarted by Averno, bringing about a DQ finish around the 18 minute mark. Felino defeated Lizmark in a match rated B-. Backstage, Lizmark Jnr was celebrating his father’s victory when Hector Garza appeared…Garza stating he was sick of all the next generation workers in Mexico, Lizmark remarked Garza wouldn’t have to deal with it if he could keep himself in America long enough. The resulting match saw Garza defeat Lizmark Jnr with a hurricanrana. Overall: B- with an audience of 203,140 CMLL Epidemia Del Odio 24,967 with a 25,064 PPV buyrate Nidia attacked Estrellita as she fired out t-shirts, then defeated her in a brief encounter…this encounter has made me re-think my use of women, really need a top name. We were shown footage of the EDO press conference, where Hector Garza challenged El Hijo Del Santo. Then it was straight into The Barrio Boys, La Parkacito & Octagoncito defeating Los Coco’s in a handicap match. Mistico defeated Averno with a Flying Rana, gaining a B- rating in the process. Black Tiger IV made an open challenge, which was accepted by Groon XXX. Groon XXX went on to win 2 – 0 and take Black Tiger’s CMLL Super Lightweight Title…at least I think it was a title match, the pre-match challenge was vague. An attack by Tarzan Boy saved Ultimo Guerrero again, this time it was Heavy Metal who was robbed of the chance to win the CMLL Light Heavyweight title. Ultimo Dragon was then victorious over Mephisto, winning the CMLL Welterweight title. El Hijo Del Santo defeated Hector Garza with a Tope De Cristo, amazingly we saw Hector Garza shake hands with El Hijo…he obviously has no problem with the legends then. Universo 2000 defeated Pierroth with a powerbomb to defend his CMLL Heavyweight Title. As he celebrated, the lights went out and the show ended as they came back on and we saw a bloodied Universo flat out in the middle of the ring. The crowd went berserk. Overall: B - ASW News: Apolo Dantes, Elektroshock and L.A. Park are reported to be stalling on contract talks… Perro Aguayo Jnr, Mascara Ano 2000 and Los Lizmarks signed written deals, as did Universo 2000 (I was sweating I can tell you) Televisa drew an audience of 130,960 and Galavision drew 197,250 World News: RBW went Regional, just as Robbie Brookside became their Heavyweight Champ. Road Warrior Animal defeated Batista for the WWE World Heavyweight Belt.

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre: February 2006, Week 4 CMLL News The week started with Chavo Guerrero Senior signing an Exclusive PPA, whilst Mr Niebla signed a written deal and “talks” with Vader saw the big man come to Mexico…he would also sign a PPA with AAA, but CMLL have him on a written deal and we’ll be all over him if he jumps. Two PPV’s have been announced for March, with Across The Border and Night of Champions being run on the Sunday of week 1 and 4 respectively. CMLL Lucha Libre 8,713 [I]Negro Casas was shown arriving, later in the show we would see Tarzan Boy flat out backstage…an obvious reply attack by Casas.[/I] Black Tiger IV over Mascara Magica to retain his CMLL Super Light Heavyweight Tittle [I](obviously not lost to Groon XXX then)[/I] [I]A video was shown to hype Mil Mascaras The Head Hunters taunted Los Capos, demanding a Title shot in the process.[/I] The Barrio Boys defeated Los Infernales 2 – 0 Los Capos accepted the challenge from The Head Hunters, the resulting match saw Apolo Dantes get himself disqualified to save the result and [I]then he appeared to accidentally chair Mascara Ano 2000…he followed this up with a beat down, dispelling any doubt.[/I] Bronco, Dr Wagner & Mascara Sagrada defeated Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero & Perro Aguayo Jnr to become CMLL Trios Champions Mistico over Felino with a Flying Rana El Canek and Pierroth defeated Ultimo Dragon and Universo 2000 by Count Out, [I]after Mil Mascaras came to the ring and attacked Universo 2000[/I] [I]Mil Mascaras revealed himself to be the mystery attacker at CMLL Epidemia Del Odio[/I] Overall B+, a success CMLL News The attack and announcement by Mil Mascaras sent shockwaves through Mexican wrestling, the upcoming CMLL Live even promised to pre-empt the weekend showing of the events. The events surrounding Apolo Dantes also made headline news, with rumours abound that he was indeed leaving CMLL…Mascara Ano 2000 had been interviewed and actually vacated the CMLL tag titles. In signing news, Gigante Silva signed a written deal and Rey Misterio Snr a PPA. The new announce team of Misterio and Guerrero should make a difference, expect to see Savinovich etc shown the door in merciless fashion…I wonder if they can still work, hmmmm nah. (The earlier mention of a mask vs career match won’t now be followed up on…for now anyway) CMLL Guerras Del Anillo 9,696 The attack on Universo 2000 and announcement by Mil Mascaras were re-shown. This was followed by a rushed press conference, where a bloodied Universo 2000 challenged Mil Mascaras to a match. Later in the show, we’d see Mil Mascaras accept and the match was scheduled for CMLL Across The Border. Gigante Silva over Elektro with a Gigante Press The inevitable happened as Apolo Dantes and Mascara Ano 2000 brawled backstage, the Tecnico locker room emptied to break up the brawl. Mascara Ano 2000 challenged Apolo, stating his career was on hold until he’d destroyed him…the destruction started there and then, with Mascara Ano 2000 winning a first blood match before it had even made it’s way into the ring. A music video was played to hype Los Guerreros Del Infierno, immediately afterwards we saw Negro Casas challenging a bruised and battered Tarzan Boy. Negro Casas would go on to win the match with La Casita and defend the CMLL Middleweight Title. Hype began for the vacant Tag Team titles, with The Head Hunters, The Barrio’s, Los Infernales and the team of Bronco & Dr Wagner Jnr building the upcoming match. The Match itself was won by Bronco & Dr Wagner Jnr, eliminating The Head Hunters last, making them the new CMLL Tag Team Champions. Hector Garza and El Hijo Del Santo spoke, agreeing on a best of seven series. The first match took place, with Hector Garza winning by Count Out…Hector Garza asked for the match to continue, but it was denied. Finally, El Canek won a ten man battle royal and this saw El Canek versus Ultimo Dragon added to the card for Across The Border. Overall B: 201,895 viewers CMLL News It should be no surprise that Apolo Dantes left CMLL, he actually signed for ENESMA…not a bad trade, considering their Booker is now the CMLL lead announcer. La Diobolica signed a written agreement. Televisa drew 280,204 viewers, whilst Galavision brought in 248,814. Cash for the month was up by $3,288,965…it would have taken me decades to make that at ASW. World News The only news was that K-Star and Osaka Pro both went bust…maybe Michinoku Pro will be next, I can but dream. Upcoming: March will see a twin league singles tournament starting, with one league of Tecnico’s and one of Rudo’s. Each Rudo will face each Tecnico once and the two league leaders will face the CMLL Heavyweight Champion in April. I’m also toying with a Tag League, but running it wouldn’t leave much room on the two TV shows...so it’ll sit on the building shelve for now.

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre: March 2006, Week 1 I started a Tournament, but have decided to shelve it…so just forget I ever mentioned it. One thing I have noticed, through doing the shows, is that you cannot do a true CMLL show and not get a “the crowd expected more…” message. Quite frankly, they don’t and are quite happy with a number of six man tags, plus a couple of bits and pieces. Indeed, singles matches are quite rare in Mexico and are usually reserved for stipulation matches or title matches. If you ever watch a CMLL show you’ll notice most of it looks like random nonsense and you have heels or faces fighting each other at the end of a “Cibernetico” match…occasionally you get a run-in or an interview, but the majority of heat comes from the two Referees and all the hoo-ha that goes with that. Mexicans are basically suckers for Tecnico vs Rudo and the history of workers, something I don’t feel “Lucha Traditional” represents in TEW. Anyway, back to this representation of CMLL… CMLL News Three rudo minis, Psicosis, Oz and Chessman, all signed written deals. The former AAA workers Nygma and Espiritu also signed. CMLL Lucha Libre 9,459 Vader, Mini Oz &Mini Chessman over Heavy Metal, Octagoncito & La Parkita Mascara Sagrada over Black Tiger IV, 2 – 0 Felino over Lizmark Jnr, 2 – 1 [I]Universo 2000 challenged Mil Mascaras to a Cibernetico (5 on 5 elimination)[/I] La Parka over Mr Niebla, 2 – 1 Mistico over El Canek, 2 – 0 The Head Hunters, Los Infernales & Mil Mascaras over The Barrio Boys, Mascara Ano 2000, Elektro & Universo 2000 – Only Head Hunter was eliminated for the Rudos C+ overall: The crowd wanted more … in Mexico, the main event would have had them storming the barriers. CMLL Guerras Del Anillo 6,643 (The smart marks have obviously deserted CMLL, not enough authority angles or legends returning for them obviously) [I]La Diabolica and Estrellita brawl their way to the ring, which is broken up by the Tag Champs and Vacos Locos (Espiritu & Nygma). [/I] The Tecnico team win the following six person tag match…again, I’m totally doubting the use of females. Groon XXX over Pentagon, 2 – 0 [I]The Head Hunters see Negro Casas backstage, so they ask for a shot at the Tag Team titles. Casas is distracted, noticing Rey Bucanero. Casas makes chase, Bucanero jumps into a nearby car and is followed out the car park by Negro Casas. The Head Hunters, not being answered, assume they have the shot at Across The Border.[/I] Ultimo Guerrero over Black Warrior, 2 – 0 Pierroth over Heavy Metal, 2 – 0 Ultimo Dragon over Mosco De La Merced, 2 – 0 Hector Garza over El Hijo Del Santo, 2 – 0 … [I]final fall came after use of a set of knucks.[/I] C+ overall: Only one segment was below a B, so it’s obviously the lack of chucking angles and interviews in for no apparent reason that’s lacking. I’ll address it during the rest of the month though, see what I can manage. 169,652 viewers on TV Azteca CMLL Across The Border 5,000 El Paso Count Coliseum Pre-Show, Ultimo Guerrero defended his CMLL Light Heavyweight belt against Olimpico, Mascara Sagrada and Black Warrior We had a press conference clip, where the Tag Champs stated they would face The Head Hunters. Mini Oz & Mini Chessman over La Parkita & Octagoncito Rey Bucanero challenged Negro Casas, stating he was obviously the next target. The match became a ladder match, as Negro Casas also put his belt on the line. Negro Casas then went onto retrieve the belt and defend the CMLL Middleweight Title. It was announced that Vader would face Elektro, Vader came to the ring and demanded a cage was erected…the crowd’s reaction to this was immense, with no need to pipe in the wanted reaction over the PA. Vader went on to defeat Elektro and then continued the beat down after the 3 count. A video promoting Bronco and Dr Wagner Jnr preceded their CMLL Tag Team titles defence over The Head Hunters, a match they won 2 – 1. El Canek was confident of victory over Ultimo Dragon, stating the weight ruling made the match no less significant. El Canek would then defeat Ultimo Dragon with a Gorilla Press Backbreaker. Hector Garza was interviewed ahead of his match with El Hijo Del Santo, he denied the claims of being a cheat and stated the legendary status of El Hijo meant he had taken certain precautions which he wasn’t proud of. Their match followed and El Hijo took the victory after a Tope De Cristo. Finally, it was main event time and Universo 2000 demanded the match become falls count anywhere. Universo 2000 would go on to make the 12th defence of his CMLL Heavyweight title, defeating Mil Mascaras with a powerbomb. Overall C: Not a disaster for the US, but it may affect the Mexican market. 21,834 PPV Buys CMLL News 148,723 on Televisa, with 220,831 on Galavision. CMLL made $552,185 during the week. World News APW & ENESMA both lost their Bookers, as they are now working announce duties for CMLL. Octagon has also become available, so the first bidding war between CMLL and AAA is on. Upcoming: Six Man Lucha action aplenty basically, plus the current storylines will continue on as Negro Casas wars with Los Los Guerreros Del Infierno, El Hijo Del Santo continues the 7 match series with Hector Garza and Mil Mascaras goes after Universo 2000. The minis champion should be crowned and I’m sure plenty more.

CMLL March Week 2 CMLL News: Well, the WWE don’t want a working agreement and none of the smaller Mexican promotions want us to be their parent promotion. CMLL Lucha Libre: 5,000 1. Halloween wins a 10 man Battle Royal 2. The Barrio Boys and Elektro are attacked by Vader, who then makes an open challenge that’s accepted by Gigante Silva. Gigante Silva over Vader in a last man standing match Afterwards, The Head Hunters and Vader attack Gigante Silva with Bronco & Dr Wagner Jnr making the save. 3. A video for Universo 2000 is followed by a promo from La Parkita. Mini Oz wins the CMLL Minis title over Mini Chessman, Mini Psicosis, La Parkita and Octagoncito 4. A general video of Ultimo Dragon takes us up to Estrellita & The Barrio Boys over La Diobolica & Los Infernales. La Diobolica beats down Estrellita after the match. 5. Mistico challenges Black Tiger IV, but is attacked by Pentagon. L.A. Park makes the save, for all his skull captain’s, the an impromptu match sees Mistico & L.A. Park defeat Pentagon & Black Tiger IV 2 – 0 6. A Press Conference is called, where we see Negro Casas talk about the fact he’s back to full fitness and intends revenge over to Los Guerreros Del Infiernales. He challenges Ultimo Guerrero to a match. 7. El Canek, Mil Mascaris & Pierroth over Negro Casas, Universo 2000 & Mascara Sagrada 2 – 0 B+, a success and our popularity should improve. Just as a status report, I’ll tell you that CMLL have dropped to B from B+ across Mexico. A few areas of the US have jumped though, so I’m still hopeful of taking CMLL to International eventually. The main goal is to have Western Mexico better than B+…that may need a 1 hour TV slot, so I can just hot shot with top talent. CMLL Guerras Del Anillo 5,000 1. Mil Mascaras has attacked Universo 2000 backstage 2. Rey Bucanero, Ultimo Guerrero & Tarzan Boy over Bronco, Dr Wagner Jnr & Mascara Sagrada 2 – 1. Los Guerreros Del Infiernales regain the CMLL Trios title. 3. Mr Niebla over Mascara Magica 2 – 0 4. The Head Hunters over Los Infernales & The Barrio Boys, eliminating The Barrios first. The Head Hunters then challenge the Tag Team Champions. 5. An Ultimo Dragon promo procedes Dragon’s 2 – 0 victory over Olimpico, Ultimo Dragon retains the CMLL Welterweight title. 6. Hector Garza over El Hijo Del Santo, with both men shaking hands at the end. 7. L.A. Park challenges El Canek to a Cibernetico, which is won by L.A. Park’s team…Mistico pinning Pentagon for the win. C+, gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. 167,327 viewers on TV Azteca CMLL News: Carlos Cabrera, Hugo Savinovich & Babe Richards are all fired, whilst Televisa draws 161,504 and Galavision 239,856. World News: Funaki becomes ASW British Heavyweight Champion CMLL March Week 3 & 4 I’m just going to briefly review these now, as there’s too much to type…Adam, please invent an export function for results and news. Week 3 CMLL Lucha Libre saw Gigante Silva defeat Vader again, whilst Ultimo Guerrero refused Negro Casas’ challenge…defending his CMLL Light Heavyweight title versus Mascara Ano 2000. Felino defeated Mr Niebla, plus El Canek and Pierroth went down to L.A. Park and Groon XXX. The Tag Champs stated The Head Hunters could have a title shot, but only if they won a six man tag first. Bronco, Dr Wagner Jnr & Mistico defeated The Head Hunters & Pentagon, with Head Hunter 1 later blaming Pentagon for the loss. The main event had Ultimo Dragon defeat Halloween and Olimpico to defend his CMLL Welterweight title. B overall CMLL Guerras Del Anillo began with Negro Casas challenging Ultimo Guerrero, offering him a shot at the CMLL Middlweight title. Later, Ultimo Guerrero would accept the shot on behalf of Los Guerreros Del Infiernales stating that Rey Bucanero and Tarzan Boy would gladly face Negro. Negro added Groon XXX as insurance, with Groon XXX actually winning the CMLL Middleweight title. Los Guerreros Del Infiernales then attacked Negro Casas, seconds after Ultimo Guerrero stated he had a long path to the match with himself. Pentagon blamed Mistico for the heat with The Head Hunters, with Mistico winning a match later on in the show. Pentagon an El Canek would later attack Mistico. El Hijo Del Santo was attacked and stretchered away, Hector Garza then attacked Lizmak Jnr in the ring and subsequently beat him 2 – 0…afterwards, Hector stated he’d attacked El Hijo, having proved that the older generation were no smarter than the new. L.A. Park defeated Mil Mascaras 2 – 1, with Universo 2000 gaining some revenge with an attack on Mil. B+ overall, with 191,932 viewers tuning in. CMLL News: Televisa pulled 169,992, with Galavision attracting 253,126 viewers Week 4 CMLL Lucha Libre saw El Hijo Del Santo challenge Hector Garza, his press conference was staged in a hospital…El Hijo stating he’d drag himself from the bed, his injured leg being of no importance. Octagoncito won the CMLL Minis title. El Canek & Los Infernales defeated The Barrio Boys and Gigante Silva. The Head Hunters attacked the tag champs, then defeated Los Lizmarks, before again challenging the tag champs. Felino & Mr Niebla over Ultio Dragon and Mascara Magica. Hector Garza attacked and defeated Heavy Metal, Metal having stated Garza should be lucky anywhere allows him to wrestle. Universo 2000 was being interviewed, when Mil Mascaras attacked. L.A. Park made the saves, brining out El Canek to attack him. El Canek then challenged Universo 2000, losing the match as Universo 2000 made his 13th defence of the CMLL Heavyweight title. Post-match, Mil Mascaras would powerbomb Universo through the stage. B, a success apparently. CMLL Guerras Del Anillo (The final show…more on that later) Universo 2000 is attacked by Pierroth, Mascara Ano 2000 makes the save. Mil Mascaras & Pierroth then take on and defeat Mascara Ano 2000 & Universo 2000. Hector Garza accepts El Hijo’s challenge, making it a submission match at Night of Champions. Ultimo Dragon’s team defeat Mr Niebla’s in a Cibernetico. A beaten Universo 2000 challenges Mil Mascaras, which is accepted…Pierroth also challenges Groon XXX to a match at NofC. Negro Casas defeated Olimpico then was attacked by Rey Bucanero and Tarzan Boy. A Press Conference was shown, the Tag Champs stating they’ll face The Head Hunters at NofC. Pentagon & El Canek defeated Mistico and L.A. Park, Hector Garza ended the night attacking and defeating Lizmark. B overall, 195,295 viewers. My reputation has shot up to Very High. CMLL Night of Champions 12,300 Pre-Show Mr Niebla won the CMLL Welterweight title, defeating Ultimo Dragon, Mascara Magica & Felino Main Show 1. Mil Mascaras attacked Universo 2000, injuring him in the process. 2. Mosco De La Merced over Black Tiger IV & Mistico to win the CMLL Super Lightweight Title…afterwards, Pentagon attacked and taunted Mistico. 3. Negro Casas was attacked by of Los Guerreros Del Infiernales & Vader with L.A. Park and Black Warrior making the save and challenging the rudo’s to a 5 on 5 War Games match later. 4. Hector Garza defeated El Hijo Del Santo by submission. 5. Groon XXX made his first CMLL Middleweight defence over Pierroth 6. Bronco & Dr Wagner Jnr defended their tag titles over The Head Hunters. 7. L.A. Park’s team of tecnico’s defeated Ultimo Guerrero’s rudo’s in the War Games, Negro Casas getting a Scorpion Deathlock on Ultimo Guerrero. 8. Mil Mascaras defeated Universo 2000 for the CMLL Heavyweight title. Overall C+…insane as every match had two angles/interview segments. I really need to get my head round this. 15,787 buys CMLL News Televisa drew 160,754 viewers and 247,701 would tune into Galavision. CMLL also made $2,643,252 over the month. World News Chavo Guerrero Snr moved to AAA, which I didn’t understand as CMLL had him locked to a two year written deal that suddenly became a 1 month contract as soon as he signed a PPA with AAA. Chuck Palumbo became the AJPW Triple Crown Champion JWP went Regional WFS, who should have let us become their parent, went bust. Michinoku Pro also went bust, so I jumped on a flight for “talks” with The Great Sasuke. (He has worked in Mexico, so it’s not really cheating) Upcomig CMLL will drop CMLL Guerras Del Anillo, it’s that simple. Every time we try I’m told The Wrestling Channel refuse, yet it’s actually on TV Azteca. The main goal is to find a 1 hour slot somewhere, a sort of Main Event recap. Also look out for LuchaMania at the end of the month, plus perhaps a Japanese 1 hour PPV special. I’m also going to slow down my updates, as this typing is killing me…need to just play the game, for enjoyment, for a while also.

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre: April 2006, Week 1 CMLL News What a brilliant week it was, leading up to the Lucha Libre taping. First of all, The Great Sasuke signed for CMLL after Michinoku Pro went bust. Hooligan also signed, no word on what his position is or if he’s looking to wait and see. On the flip-side, CMLL released Super Porky. Two decisions were made on TV. Firstly, the CMLL Owner contacted me and stated he was sick of TV Azteca’s unprofessionalism, with regards to talks being held to sell our tapings on to The Wrestling Channel. The thought of Mo Chatra slowly saying “El Heeeeeeeejo Del Saaaaaaanto”, like saying it slower makes up for a total lack of the Channel attempting to educate the fans, made me sick and I agreed something needed to be done. It was decided that we’d simply stop running the show, TV Azteca had no reply. Secondly, the Lucha Libre tapings were moved to a Saturday. Basically, it’s post-production of the shows over the week…then they’re aired on the Sunday. One major rumour kicking around was a reference, by Los Guerreros Del Infierno, that sometimes only the most extreme example can teach someone a lesson. Nobody backstage had any clue what they were on about. CMLL Lucha Libre 5,000 1. Ultimo Dragon & Los Barrios over Los Coco’s, 2 - 0 After the match, Mr Niebla came down and taunted Ultimo Dragon over the CMLL Welterweight loss at Night of Champions. The Great Sasuke appeared and challenged Niebla to a match. 2. Mr Niebla over The Great Sasuke, 2 – 1 : CMLL Welterweight title defence 3. Universo 2000, looking very much below par, challenged Mil Mascaras for his title. 4. Negro Casas claimed he would quit if he couldn’t beat Tarzan Boy in five minutes, needless to say he went on to win with La Casita. Post-match, LGDI showed everyone exactly what the rumours were about as Rey Bucanero unbelievably CANED Negro Casas…leaving him bloodied. LGDI quickly left the scene, as Police and Security restored order at ringside. 5. Perro Aguayo Jnr decided to turn Tecnico, challenging Hector Garza and suffering an attack in the process. Garza then went on to defeat Perro Aguayo Jnr 2 – 1. 6. Mil Mascaras is shown laughing, he puts down what looks like a film script and quickly refuses Universo 2000’s challenge. He’s obviously more concerned about the upcoming six man tag match. 7. L.A. Park, Groon XXX & Black Warrior over Mil Mascaras, El Canek & Pentagon, 2 -1 Overall B: A success and long may they continue, as CMLL really needs to get back to a B+ CMLL News April Hunter signed, don’t ask me what I was thinking on that one. Televisa drew 171,344 and Galavision had 266,300 viewers...maybe time for another tickle of the American market. World News Robbie Brookside became ASW British Heavyweight Champion, to go with his RBW Heavyweight belt. Upcoming What will CMLL make of Rey Bucanero’s attack on Negro Casas?

I've been considering reprising the ASW, as I do still have it saved...indeed, let's open it up to the 3 or 4 people who read this diary/dynasty. Do I go back and pick up ASW where I left off or do I continue just with CMLL? Voting shall end if more than 2 bother to reply. hehe

[B]CMLL is currently on hold, I can easily return and write more of it later on...for now, it's back to the UK.[/B] February 2006, Week 2 Right, I’ve decided to bring back ASW for now…more due to actually being intrigued as to how long it’ll take to become Cult or even National than any other factor. World News: Funaki and Jericho have had a falling out, with numerous websites reporting that it was due to Funaki coming over to work for ASW. On the flip side, over at [url]www.ukff.com[/url], one forum member…Mindless_Drone #2873…was claiming that ASW would have been better off hiring Americans instead of watching costs and booking Brits. It was all change at FWA aswell, with Ulf Hermann becoming All England Champion and Jodie Fleisch becoming the Flyweight Champion. ASW Wrestling 1,000 The Dome Adam Windsor was being introduced to the crowd, when Wagner Brown attacked, cut a promo calling Adam a pretty boy and then Wagner defeated Windsor by Count out. Marty Jannetty then defeated Gary Steele with a Rocker Dropper, before being attacked by Gary post-match. Dark Humour taunted The UK Pitbulls, stating that they could have a title shot but only if they won separate matches versus Jester and himself. Big Dave then went on to defeat Jester, with a moonsault. Final match of the night saw Xtreme Dean defend his ASW Middleweight title, against Jodie Flash and Jonny Storm, in a ladder match…pre-match, Jonny Storm had slated Dean and focused fully on Jody. Overall the show received a C-, with the crowd expecting more angles and interviews…the show had three promos/interviews and two attacks, for the UK that’s a fairly standard hour’s worth of action. As far as “Traditional” goes, I think there needs to be a UK Traditional style added. Cash is currently down by $2,300 over the month, though we’d made $700 over this week. Bigtimewrestling.com: Next week, expect to see Drew McDonald in action and also Majik. Rumours are circulating that Dark Humour are going to add to their numbers, while Frankie Sloan returns to action. ASW Breaking The Rules only currently has Drew MacDonald versus King Kong Bundy, for the British Heavyweight title, and Dark Humour slated to defend the ASW Tag Titles. Road Warrior Animal and Funaki are booked to appear on the show also.

February 2006, Week 3 ASW Wrestling 1,000 The Dome Wagner Brown started off the show, claiming he was the top American on Tour…using a display of push-ups as proof of his prowess. Wagner then went on to defeat Flatliner, this match quickly being followed by Gary Steele’s five minute challenge and attack on Steve Sonic. Majik brought TJ Wilson to the ring and claimed he and this “nobody” would be good enough to defeat Xtreme Dean and any partner. Dean brought along Adam Windsor and, subsequently, their team got the win. At the end of this match, Conscience would attack TJ Wilson and announce that Majik had joined [B]The Hammer House[/B] along with Jester and himself. A returning Frankie Sloan defeated Avalanche, after stating he was just glad to be back. Whilst, the main event saw Drew McDonald defend his British Heavyweight title over Alex Gold…Drew stating, pre-match, that, as NWA UK Commonwealth Champion, Alex Gold was a more than worthy opponent. Overall C and a success, cash was down $2,075 over the month. Bigtimewrestling.co.uk Things were slowly building towards the end of month show. With TJ Wilson challenging Majik to face him on the show. Wagner Brown also stated he’d face another “Touring Star” next week, with the hat-trick to be completed at Broken Rules. Next week’s show should see Drew McDonald defend his title again, while Conscience and Bulk meet to see if The UK Pitbulls can claim a title shot. The site was also advertising Funaki versus Jonny Storm versus Xtreme Dean for the ASW Middleweight Title.

February 2006, Week 4 ASW News: Norman Smiley and Harry Smith each signs an exclusive PPA, whilst Johnny Moss signs on a PPA…neither man asked for a downside on the contracts. ASW Wrestling: 1,000 Vulcan Arena Jonny Storm, in buoyant mood after learning Jody Flash is stalling on a new deal, stated that new boy Harry Smith may as well admit defeat now. Harry Smith refused to just lie down, but would lose the following match. Wagner Brown challenged any “Touring Star” to face him in a 2 out of 3 falls match, the challenge was accepted by Marty Jannetty…Brown would win the match 2 – 0. Bulk defeated Conscience, giving The UK Pitbulls a title shot at Broken Rules, with Conscience attacking Bulk post-match. Frankie Sloan stated he was sick of Gary Steele’s attitude of late, with Steele stating he’d finish Sloan’s title hopes. Sloan won the match by DQ, Steele using a chair after receiving an injured hand in a submission. Afterwards, Sloan challenged Steele to a tag match at Broken Rules…Steele stated there was no point hiding cards and named Mossy as his partner. Pre-main event, Drew McDonald claimed that he was the most fighting ASW Champion ever (Quite a claim considering) and that tonight three men would get their chance. Those men were…erm,well, Flatliner, Canadian Shadow and Ice. McDonald destroyed all three, then stated Bundy would be a walkover in comparison. Overall: C and a success, which should have increased popularity. I’m starting to like the shows now, only problem is the costs incurred with TV. If we can just get one area to go up to a C everything will be fine. ASW News: The Liverpool Lads vs Steele and Moss was one of two last matches being announced for Broken Rules, the final one being a 25 man Caledonian Skirmish. World News: Kaz Hayashi became AJPW World Junior Heavyweight Champion, with Rocky Romero becoming RoH Pure Champion. ASW Broken Rules 800 The Mill Theatre 1. The Hammer House cut a promo on TJ Wilson, about himself and his new friend who’s joined. Majik was going to teach him a lesson he’d better learn. Majik then went on to defeat TJ, with the other Hammer House members attacking him post-match. Dark Humour then cut a promo against The UK Pitbulls, Robbie Brookside came out during this and banned Majik from ringside. The UK Pitbulls went on to win, with Big Dave hitting a moonsault on Jester, giving ASW new Tag Team Champions. 2. The screens at the venue showed footage of Road Warrior Animal arriving, Wagner Brown had made his way to the ring and stated Road Warrior Animal was walking straight towards his own demise. Animal entered the ring and slapped the taste from Wagner’s mouth, with Wagner attempting an attack as Animal then addressed the crowd. Animal would defeat Wagner by Count Out, with Brown refusing to come back into the ring. 3. Jonny Storm cut an interview on Funaki, stating that he knew exactly why Jericho had slated him…Funaki had become a fraud, stealing money from the fans pockets and giving nothing back. Funaki slapped Storm, which brought Xtreme Dean to ringside. Dean challenged Storm to produce, stating the fans hadn’t seen much from him recently either. This obviously worked, as Jonny Storm went on to win the ladder match and become the new ASW Middleweight Champion. As Storm celebrated, Funaki offered a hand and both men shook hands. 4. The Liverpool Lads (Brookside and Sloan) made their way to the ring, Sloan immediately getting on the microphone and stating he was going to make his mark this evening. Steele and Moss would go on to lose the match, with Sloan gaining a pinfall over Johnny Moss. Afterwards, Sloan stated he intended to win the Skirmish and then set his sights on Drew McDonald. 5. Drew McDonald made his match with King Kong Bundy a last man standing match, or as he put it…”A loser ****s off to America match”. Stating that he may have been taking it easy lately, but the wrestlers he faced would benefit later. Nobody benefited from Bundy being around them, according to McDonald. The Last Man Standing match was lost by Bundy, with McDonald blasting him with a chair. Afterwards, McDonald waved Bundy goodbye and launched a stinging verbal assault revolving around the fact Bundy’s career was over and that he should go back to the States for the easy money. 6. The Caledonian Skirmish was won by Frankie Sloan, eliminating Johnny Moss last…Steele took a nasty fault during the match, spraining his wrist on landing. The show received a C overall, which should help popularity. It would be nice to see how close to a C ASW is, but I suppose not knowing makes it that bit more realistic. At the end of the month, cash was at - $7,124. Not a disaster, indeed it was only the big names being brought in that caused this. World News: Osaka Pro and K-Star Wrestling went bust, ASW immediately started talks with Nova. Mascara Sagrada also, unbelievably, left CMLL. Bigtimewrestlinguk.com It’s back, ASW return to TV with their Wrestling Challenge show coming to The Wrestling Channel. Finally, something to replace “Beach Babes” and all the ringtone adverts. Going by the schedules, it looks like NWA-UK Hammerlock have lost their TV deal with STV. If nothing else, this means Canadian Shadow returns to regular action as the ASW TV Champion. This guy is ludicrously over in Scotland, the nation seemingly can’t get enough of violent Jesus look-alikes. There are rumours of Drew McDonald bringing a friend in, to make sure he doesn’t face another American “Legend”. Not a lot else was on the site at the end of the month, aside from a write-up on Frankie Sloan’s career and the obvious “Storming the ladder” look at the Middleweight Title to date.

Archived