Biggest Comeback Stories?

Sukarno blows his undefeated streak everytime I hire him in my promotion. (partially why I love hiring him) This also explains why I randomly chose Jethro Munter in that WMMA online league when the drafts were confusing. First story goes that I just happen to book Sukarno with 1-0 MW Bill Brown and he went to a draw. He then goes on a 3 fight draws at MW before going to LHW where a losing streak Jethro Munter who I just hired knocks him out and ends the official Sukarno legend. This current game has Sukarno losing his undefeated streak at his debut to Tuck Durdell who was on a 5 fight drawing streak. Sukarno was his 6th fight draw. He then goes on to knock out Cooper Richardson and submits Kramer Mayweather and finally destroying Wayne Mckellan for the BCF Middleweight Championship.

[QUOTE=VTial;558564]Yeah, having played this game for awhile, I couldn't ever imagine Casim Yenkini being good based on his stats and my previous experience with him. That must have been something to see defeating Buddy Garner like that. Do you have a mod for your FW division created fighters? I don't really understand what determines whether a fighter would perform well so I try to avoid switching weights outside of the AI decisions. I just had poor results with it. I thought Thorbjon Rekdal's fighting style would make him more competitive at the more striker rankings of LHW and he turned up being a sitting duck. In the opposite side, I screwed up Darin's Blood undefeated streak and he went on to a massive losing streak at LW. Raul Hughes though is a beast. The guy can even be a threat to Leftor Oktay and James Foster. Even in the later 90s, he often has much better performances than Rav Kapur.[/QUOTE] Yes Yenkini becoming one of my best mw's was very shocking but you cant always go by stats, in a online MMA league im in Nick Thompson went on a huge run and completly dominated the WW division he was knocking out all the top guys usually in the 1st round (GSP twice) so stats can be misleading. No actually I dont have a mod for my FW guys I just got bored with having the basic divisions and all the best females were already signed so I decided to start a FW division. I just took time to sit down and create 9 diffrent fighters I came up with the stats myself I gave each fighter thier own strengths and weaknesses. I created 4 guys who started with a fighter rating of good, 3 who started with a fighter rating of dangerous, and 2 very dangerous and I had my two very dangerous guys fight to decide the first champ and I had my other guys fight here and there to build contenders. I also signed 3 LW's and edited thier weight to make them FW's and I edited a couple of my established LW's down to FW. Yeah Rekdal has always been inconsistent for me anyway but he's not very big for LHW if you move him from MW it should be to WW. Blood has usually done decent for me at WW and LW but he's been great as a FW he's currently 4-0 at 145 so thats where he'll stay for me. I'll give two examples of what I do when switching guys to diffrent weights. First up Luke Hilton was my former LW champ and one of my better LW weights but he had fought at LW for four years and he had two defeats to my current champ and a loss to the 2 and 3 ranked fighters so I figured he wouldnt be fighting for that belt for a while so I decided to move him down to FW for a fresh start and a new division to fight. Same for Daniel Hornsby he was ranked 8th at LHW but he wasnt going to be fighting for the belt anytime soon he had defeats to several of the guys ranked above him so it made since for me to move him up to HW because HW could use another good talent and Hornsby would have a chance to work his way up to a title shot with 2 or 3 wins where at LHW he was probably looking at having to get 4 or 5 wins to get a crack at the gold. Yeah Hughes is really good but Foster has taken a fall I moved him to LHW and he went 1-4 so now im building him back up at HW and Oktay used to be the best HW (he beat Hughes in 1998 and 1999) but since september of 99 he's gone 2-3 with a first round TKO loss to Kapur, a first round KO loss to Boyer, and a 2nd round TKO loss to Sylvester Collins so I moved him down to LHW.

look at this one Round 1 The two competitors start slowly, circling and looking for an opening. Asanovic fakes shooting in for a takedown, but Chekhov didn't buy it for a second. In comes Asanovic from an angle to the right, but Chekhov had it covered all the way, and not only easily steps out of the way of the attempted right hand, but manages to score with a solid right hand to the side of the head. Asanovic felt that, and is forced to cover up quickly as Chekhov steps in quickly and unloads with a flurry of powerful blows, looking to capitalise on the earlier strike. Asanovic is forced back against the cage, but to his credit, he did a good job defending those strikes and didn't seem to take any significant damage. Chekhov doesn't get in too close, realising that it would likely mean getting caught in a clinch, so he stands slightly back instead and throws some low kicks and looping punches. Asanovic responds by throwing out some straight jabs, but neither fighter is really doing any damage to their opponent. Chekhov clearly grows tired of the wait, and moves in to hit a body blow. It connects, but Asanovic is quick to tie him up in a clinch. That lasts quite a while, until the referee gets in there and breaks them up, telling them to fight. Both fighters circle. Chekhov scores with a stiff jab, and bobs and weaves to avoid all three of the rapid-fire punches that come back from Asanovic. Nicely done. Asanovic, realising that he is losing this round, comes forward with a sense of urgency, throwing right hands to put Chekhov on the back foot. Chekhov handles it well though, refusing to let Asanovic get an angle, and using some nice counter punches to the body to further cement the fact that this round is going to him on points. Time expires with Asanovic throwing increasingly desperate punches. End of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-8 for Chekhov. Round 2 The round begins, and it is Chekhov who starts better, energetically bounding straight into action by throwing a three-punch combination and a scything leg kick. Asanovic defended all four blows well, but is forced to be on the backfoot right from the word go. Chekhov works for an angle, coming in from the left hand side with a high right hand. Asanovic ducks under it and nestles a stiff jab in the solar plexus. It doesn't seem to slow Chekhov down much though, as he swiftly turns and hits a crisp left to the side of the head, followed almost instantly by a mid-level kick that smacks above the hip of Asanovic. Interesting first minute of action, Chekhov is looking particularly sharp. Asanovic tries to turn the momentum by advancing quickly and driving Chekhov back against the cage with a series of jabs and hooks, and they end up clinched. Asanovic tries a knee from that position, but it is blocked. Chekhov scores with two sharp blows to the ribs, and then they break away from each other. Asanovic throws out a few jabs, nothing too dangerous though, Chekhov easily avoided them. They square up to each other in the center. Chekhov throws a head fake and comes in from low down to hit a rising shot that catches Asanovic on the side of the head. Asanovic got a shot in too though, although it hit the shoulder rather than the head. Time is running down; Chekhov has probably done enough to win the round, but it has turned quite scrappy since the clinch against the cage, both will probably be slightly unhappy with that. Asanovic tries a late surge, coming in hard and fast with a leading left, but Chekhov defends it well and scores the only meaningful shot of the exchange with a crisp left hand. The second round is over. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Chekhov. Round 3 Asanovic leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Chekhov deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Chekhov uses a knee to the ribs before backing Asanovic up against the cage. Right hand from Asanovic connects though, that was well timed. Chekhov breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, Asanovic was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Chekhov sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. Asanovic fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. Chekhov throws a combination but gets smothered into a clinch. They back up against the cage. Asanovic hits a wicked uppercut, taking Chekhov completely by surprise, then starts wailing away with lefts and rights. Chekhov can only cover up against the ferocious attack, but that doesn't stop a couple of big shots landing. More shots rain down, and Chekhov is getting obliterated, he can't throw any counter punches as he can't move his hands down without getting hit again, and he can't get past Asanovic to safety either. The referee finally sees enough and covers Chekhov up. Asanovic wins via TKO at 4:58 of the third round. with 2 seconds remaining :eek:

Yeah, any guy with KO power is scary in this game. I had fricking George Laurent beat both Kendall Tracy and Petey Mack and Kendall Tracy again when they were dominating the division and just hit their prime "experienced" status. Worse part about this is that Tracey moved down to MW. Not sure how well he would do there but damn... LHW is a mess due to knockout artists. (Well the other divisions too but not so much as LHW) It's all so competitive. You have guys like Kendall and Mack who are cleaning houses who then just happens to lose to losing streak/inconsistent KO artists like George Laurent who then loses to Jerry Bogdonovich via submission in the 1st round. (who's a weak ground/power puncher) The sad thing is that rather than become a stacked division, with Laurent going on a KOing run late in his career (37), it's unlikely that the great experienced fighters would get a shot at him since he's beaten them all recently. Those goddamn uppercuts and shove to the face are so goddamn effective in this game especially when time is running short.

Archived