Biggest Comeback Stories?

Srry if someone already did a post like this. What is you greatest career comeback stories. Mine was Linfield Ballard's winning streak!!!! Out of nowhere, I let Ballard go up to light heavy, when he took a huge knockout by Reid. He won 8 straight, including wins over, Letoussier, Asonavic, and a rematch win over JJ Reid. Please tell me what yours was??

Sinali Shomen is mine He went 0-6, 1-8 in his first 9 fights, went on a 7 fight win streak, won 2 lost 2, he is now on a 6 fight win streak, he has never had an easy fight, he's never won a title, but he's ranked #2 at WW holding a win over the #1 ranked His record includes wins over: Joe Hinchcliffe (twice) Will Kane Darin Blood (19-4) Tyler Lass Doug Hansen Anzai (#1 at WW) Jack Humphreys Kramer Mayweather (#3 at MW)

Kevin Portman. I think everyone should know that he SUCKS. After going on a 2-3 fight losing streak in the game to add to his already horrible record, he goes on to beat 5 very good HWs in my organization. Since he couldn't make a very good main event I decided to give him a squash match so he could get a title fight because I highly doubt he has ever gotten one in ANYONE'S game. So I setup his fight against a can and he finally loses like the loser he is. And unfortunately for him he continues to lose again and again and disappear into obscurity. I knew I should have just given him the title shot.

Alan "Flash" Kendall Lost 14 ...14!! in a row, I kept him only because he was cheap still. and a former Welterweight champion. BUT now he decides to go on a rampage winning 4 straight against great up and comers Randy Carsley, Xie Ming, Eli Harris and well not really an up and comer but Dak (long name i cant remember) Rick Stanley Lost 7 I was thinking about firing him then he won 5 blistering 5 star fights. I give him a match with Raul Hughes my number one contender and he got knocked out. Now hes on another 2 fight win streak

In my WEFF game (2003) Kerry Silverman would usually pick up a win amongst a good series of losses. 2002 was a break out year for her, going on a five match win streak and capturing the WEFF Middleweight Title in the process, she has since the lost the belt but may yet go on another good run as she scored the upset win by knocking out Jenny DeNeuve in her last fight.

• 2 weeks later...
Dan Norman for me won five in a row when he dropped to Light Heavyweight. He had a record of like (10-18) but improved to (15-18) I actually like the guy now and pull for him in fights. He then went back up to heavyweight and beat Mogur Boc before finally losing to Foster.

Rick Stanley lost 8 in a row and since he still had alot of fight interest I gave him more fights. He won about 5 straight before losing in a number 1 contenders fight with Lefter Otkay. Then he won 2 in a row before losing his last fight against James Foster.

Sean Morrison: After losing his lightweight title i thought he was on the rapid decline after losing 4 in 6 fights including against such nobodies as Ren Akai. A swift 6 match winning streak against everyone who is anyone put him right back into king of the little guys. John Rivero: Despite being a 3times light heavyweight champ he looked done after 4 straight defeats in a row against guys who weren't half as good as him. After moving to heavyweight 5 straight wins in a row put him to the top of the pile and is currently my only ever champion at 2 different weight classes.(I'm midway through 2002)

Elgar for me. he lost 5 in a row so i thought he was gunna be gone son if he lost again. sure enough he beats tony mccall. then christopher sharp. then tko's former LHW champ Faas Smit in the 1st rd. then beat daniel hornsby. moved up to HW and beat Vincent Chapin and beat Thomas Smith for the title! then he got beat by Frank Sheedy by sub in the first round (lmao how did that happen?).

Not much of a comeback story but Uwe Maier was down on the score cards 49-44 then in round 5 with litteraly a minute left KO'd Martian De Vries. Simply amazing. Also Rick Stanley just lost another match, :( he's dropped 3 outta 4 fights.

Love how Francis O'Leary tends to look good before he retires, almost like the anti-Bunrakuken Abe: Francis O'Leary (2-2) vs. Marek Warzycha (2-0) [b]Round 1[/b] Warzycha starts the round by throwing some low kicks. O'Leary checks them, then comes in and clearly wants to trade punches. Warzycha doesn't seem too bothered by that, and they enter into the first exchange of punches of the round. Difficult to say who came out on top, neither of them did a great deal of damage, most of the shots hit the opponent's gloves. Warzycha cleverly head-fakes, allowing him the time and angle that he needed to catch O'Leary with a beauty of a right hook. O'Leary stumbles backward, but doesn't go down. Warzycha presses the advantage by following in with a kick, then a right hand. O'Leary clinches. They remain clinched for a while. O'Leary scores with a nice knee, it appeared to catch Warzycha in the gut. Warzycha uses a single leg trip and takes the fight to the ground. Warzycha gets to side control upon impact, and immediately goes for an armbar. O'Leary reacts quickly, but is in real danger. Warzycha has his left arm straightened out, fortunately O'Leary has managed to roll and get a good position that is stopping Warzycha from getting the leverage needed to apply an armlock. Warzycha tries to step over and fully apply it, but O'Leary breaks free and gets him to back off with a couple of up-kicks. Warzycha steps back and motions for him to stand up. They go back to circling in the center. O'Leary hits a nice right hand, but takes one back too. The time runs down; Warzycha will probably get that round on points, he hit the best punch of the round, and got the only takedown, plus was the one who was working toward a submission. The first round is over. Blurcat.com gives that one to [b]Warzycha by 10-9.[/b] [b]Round 2[/b] Good start from Warzycha, taking O'Leary down almost immediately! O'Leary scrambles though, and gets back to his feet without taking any damage at all. Warzycha will be disappointed with that. O'Leary comes in and throws two big right hands, but neither connects, and they put him off balance, allowing Warzycha to score with a nice right hook to the side of the head, crunching into the top of the ear. O'Leary felt that one for sure. He stalks Warzycha, trying to back him up against the cage. It doesn't work though, Warzycha keeps out of the way. O'Leary tries a kick, but Warzycha catches the foot and uses it for a trip. Warzycha gets O'Leary down for the second time, and this time is right on top of him in guard position. Warzycha throws some punches, then tries to pass. O'Leary doesn't allow it, and tries to grab an armbar in response. Warzycha easily stops that, and throws some more punches. That becomes the pattern, as the fight falls into a predictable pattern; punches from Warzycha followed by a pass attempt, with O'Leary blocking the pass and throwing the occasional punch in response. The round ends like that, just as the referee was about to stand them back up. That's the end of the round. [b]Blurcat.com scores 10-9 Warzycha.[/b] [b]Round 3[/b] O'Leary starts brightly by throwing some looping punches. Defended well by Warzycha. They circle, throwing tentative jabs. Warzycha goes for a single leg and puts O'Leary on the floor, but he is up very quickly, preventing Warzycha from getting on top. O'Leary definitely seems to want to keep this standing. Warzycha hits a nice jab, avoids a counter left hook, then comes in low and takes down O'Leary again. This time O'Leary isn't able to get up, and has to pull guard. Times ticking away though, Warzycha will have to hurry to finish. He goes for an armbar, but O'Leary defends. Warzycha tries to slip past to get side control, but O'Leary just about manages to keep guard. A second attempt works though, and Warzycha has the side. Two big elbows land, and O'Leary seems in trouble. Warzycha goes for the kimura, but can't quite get it. The time expires before he can try again, and the referee separates them. The third round is over. [b]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Warzycha.[/b] [b]Round 4[/b] O'Leary starts fast, unleashing a bomb of a right hand, but Warzycha avoids it without too much trouble. O'Leary isn't disheartened though, swinging two more huge punches, with Warzycha getting out the way each time, but being forced all over the place. O'Leary finally backs off a little, breathing hard. That was quite a frantic start. Warzycha opts to use that, and comes in to throw some jabs. O'Leary is backed up against the cage, covering up. Warzycha clinches. They struggle, and the fight enters a lull. O'Leary hits a knee strike to the hip. Warzycha slips one leg behind O'Leary and uses that as leverage for a big trip. O'Leary landed hard, with Warzycha on top. They're in half guard. It's to O'Leary's advantage that they're right next to the cage, that is blocking Warzycha from attacking the left hand side of the body. O'Leary is forced into action to defend a kimura attempt. Warzycha tries to step over to mount, but O'Leary keeps his legs in position and ends up almost rolled into a ball. Warzycha fires some stiff punches to the back, then one to the face. He reaches through and tries to secure an armbar, but has to be careful as he is in danger of getting picked off with a counter armbar too. O'Leary doesn't appear to be trying that though, instead trying to shift his weight so that he can get back up. Warzycha isn't allowing it though, and gets a couple more punches in before settling back into half guard. O'Leary ties him up in a snug clinch. The action halts, and time expires before Warzycha can get free. End of the round. [b]Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Warzycha.[/b] [b]Round 5[/b] O'Leary throws a stinging jab, landing just above the left eye. Warzycha steps in and fires off one of his own, but O'Leary bobs out of the way and scores with a pair of solid shots to the body. Warzycha turns and swings, just as O'Leary also unloads...and it's O'Leary who connects first! Warzycha's hands drop and he is on rubbery legs. O'Leary follows up with a beauty of a right hand, and that drops Warzycha. The referee doesn't even wait for O'Leary to dive in to finish, he's seen enough, Warzycha is clearly on Dream Street. This bout is over! O'Leary wins via TKO at 1:44 of the fifth round. [i]P.S. This is even more impressive if you consider how this was set under a 5 round 10 minutes rule. Love it when WMMA makes equal fighters look better than great but uneven booked fights.[/i]

• 3 weeks later...
Don Norman, 6-10. So I sign him because... well the guy looks like he could seriously kill someone and worse comes to worse I could use him for fodder. He drops down to Light Heavyweight before I book him so I put him up against Noah Musch who just dropped two in a row, hoping Musch could jump out of the losing end but Musch was KTFOd in a minute by Norman. So I figure "Hrmm.. Maybe that was too easy." I throw Norman up against 12-3 Eddie Whelan. Same result, except in the second. Harry Milne was up next, the former Light Heavyweight Champ who happened to have lost two in a row (Nicolai Mickiewicz for the title and Shane Gilchrist) so I'm hoping this revives Milne. I was wrong. Now Norman was 9-10 and he's become the comeback story of the year. His next fight was against the retiring Stratos Papaioannou in the first ever four star match in my promotion's history, on free tv too :(. Also, Norman's done this in 4 straight months, one PPV (the Milne fight) and the rest on free tv. I'm thinking at the next ppv to book Norman and Aleksei Chekhov or against Gilchrist, as they round out the top five in the LightHeavy division with Duangjan and Mickiewicz (champ) at 1 and 2. Another comeback story, sort of, would be Adam White who lost his first two matches by first round knockouts and has since gone 5-0. Oh, one more final comeback is Marek Warzycha who went 2-3 to start has since gone on a 3 match winning streak (now 6-3) and just won the Interim Lightweight Championship from William Powell who beat Kojuro Ijichi in the first round for the interim title in the first place. (due to Brandon Sugar being injured).

[b]Jacob Matthaus[/b] is at it again. LHW, no wins of note in my promotion. Fights in BCF and ends up not only defeating Eddie Whelan for the HW belt but TKOing Jesse Singh and Split Decisioning Brian Barnes to defend it. Notice that those are all heavyweights. (and he did this while continuing to lose in my promotion at LHW so it's not like he's on a special comeback streak) [b]Casim Yenkini[/b] fought and won and loss to nobody of note even losing to a good Tucker Plumm who's only loss is to Jason Daiglish but then didn't just make one good comeback but two. First run was right after losing to Plumm, he TKO'd both Zenko Hatakeyama (mediocre fighter but dangerous KO fighter) and Jerezo (still a challenging fight for Yenkini) Guy gets signed by Alpha-1 and GAMMA and promptly got destroyed by Patrick Thomas and Mal Phe Roby. Continues to fight and Knocked out an old Nigel Malley but then goes on to KO Andrew Rush in Alpha-1 who then only had 1 loss to Jorge Hormazabal who is the MW champion at that time and TKO's Maarten de Vries who everyone knows is way better than Yenkini's stats which has no "dangerous" or "excellent" criteria and who's mostly a ground fighter. Note that two of his weaknesses are: a) Has neither the strikes nor submissions to end a grounded fight. b) Slow hand speed makes his punches easier to avoid. [b]Brandon Sugar[/b] This isn't much of a comeback since everyone knows how great he is but in the context of the game, you couldn't write a much more picture perfect fight history. His default profile says he lost to Sean Morrison badly in GAMMA and now is signed with BCF so he has no of note wins against anyone not in Alpha-1 and GAMMA but he did frustrate/humiliate Luke Hilton. Not only did he TKO'd Luke Hilton at his best, (Luke had destroyed most of the division and so I had to bring Brandon in) he then goes on to defeat Cory Brewer by submission whom defeated Luke in their rematch (although he got destroyed in the first fight and was Luke's 2nd toughest opponent before Brandon), he goes on to defeat Jason Daiglish to win the BCF lightweight belt and then gets signed by GAMMA for an instant title belt rematch with Sean Morrison and then split decisions win it so it's like a UFC reject being re-hired by the UFC and given an instant title rematch with the same guy that defeated him and he wins it. To further add to the humiliation: Luke Hilton, who after losing to Brandon had moved up to WW just got his WW winning streak broken by Alan Kendall who TKO's him and then immediately after that, BCF signs Kendall to fight Brandon whom Brandon promptly submitted. (BCF Lightweight Title defense) Finally the bad fighter comeback of this game goes to...[b]Gonzalo Ramos[/b] Started the game with a 4 fight losing streak, happened to defeat Richie Stiller who also was win-less and then loses it again to Jamie Hewitt. He then shocks the world by going on a 4 fight winning streak against some very tough opponents. Knock out win over Gene Oakley to end the losing streak (who's stats is awesome on stand-up even at the start of the game) TKO over Milenko Rudonja (Despite Milenko being on a losing streak, he still had 8 wins vs. Gonzalo's 2 and he was training in Mantas Andreyev Camp with Hazzan and Leftor with souped up camp stats which I edited and even if Gonzalo was with a souped up Camp Ortega, it had no world reknowned stat increase and had overall lower rating bonuses.) TKO over Pat Troy (who was coming off a huge stomp victory over Yuji Latu which retired Latu pre-maturely) TKO over Marek Warzycha (his fairest fight based on skills and w/l stats)

[b]Update on Yenkini vs. Plumm 2:[/b] Round 1 The two fighters circle. A series of looping punches from Yenkini forces Plumm back up against the cage, and he has to cover up to withstand the three strikes that follow. No real damage caused, but Yenkini is aggressively chasing this match. A hook finds the body and Plumm clinches. They almost lose their balance as they jockey for position, Plumm gets in a couple of knees when they regain their footing. Yenkini seems to be trying to break the clinch, it's Plumm who is holding it tight, perhaps hoping to calm the energetic start that Yenkini had. The referee finally does break them up, after nearly a full minute of inactivity. Plumm fires off a straight right, then comes in fast with a looping left. No dice though, Yenkini bobbed and weaved to safety, neither punch landed. Plumm leans in and lets fly with a big right hand, but Yenkini side-steps and brings a mighty right hand of his own to the dance, landing it with crunching accuracy right to the temple. Plumm goes down to one knee, but is back up almost instantly. He backs off, but is glassy-eyed. Yenkini advances to finish it off.Plumm is looking unbalanced and his hands have dropped almost down past his waist. Yenkini scores with a big right, then a left. Plumm falls back into the cage, and the assault continues...not for long though, as the referee quickly stops the fight. It is clear that Plumm is in no condition to intelligently defend himself, so Yenkini will take the win by TKO. [b]Yenkini wins via first round TKO at 4:26.[/b]

Fezzik Vs Gilchrst Fezzik comes out fast, and looks like he is aiming for a quick takedown, but Gilchrist stops that plan with some looping punches. Solid right hand from Gilchrist connects, and that's the best moment of the opening minute of the round. Fezzik is mainly defending against punches, it looks like he is trying to work an angle to try for a takedown. Gilchrist seems to have noticed, as he is purposely positioning against that. Straight left from Gilchrist, then a low kick, then a wicked body shot. Fezzik felt that, and backs off. Fezzik tries to get in for a clinch, perhaps looking for a takedown from that position, but Gilchrist gets him to back off with some jabs. Gilchrist has really been able to stamp his gameplan on this round, Fezzik has been blocked at every turn. End of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Gilchrist. Round 2 Gilchrist comes out fast and quickly backs Fezzik up, all the way up against the cage. Gilchrist throws a series of rights and lefts; none of the strikes to the head got through, but two nice body shots did. He doesn't follow up though, instead keeping a few steps back, clearly not wanting to get tied up in a clinch. Fezzik throws a low kick, then advances with some jabs, forcing Gilchrist to back off a little. They meet in the center and exchange strikes, with Gilchrist looking the crisper striker of the two, although without doing any real damage. Fezzik shoots in for the takedown, but Gilchrist sprawls and eventually pushes free. Right hand from Gilchrist, then two jabs which both find their mark. Fezzik bats away a third, then comes in hard and fast for a second takedown attempt. Gilchrist sprawls again, but gets pushed all the way up against the cage. Fezzik has a leg, but is low down to the ground and doesn't have the leverage to complete the takedown. He works to a better standing position, but has to lose the leg and grab a clinch instead. They both fire off some small punches from there. Fezzik tries for a trip, but Gilchrist avoids it and works free from the clinch. He returns to the center, clearly wanting a striking battle rather than a grappling match. Fezzik follows, hands held high, and throws a couple of jabs. Gilchrist connects with one instead though, and then with a looping right hand that catches Fezzik above the eye. He felt that, but doesn't go down. Best strike of the round so far. Fezzik throws a low kick. Gilchrist comes in to strike again, but this time cannot sprawl quickly enough and gets taken down. Gilchrist pulls guard. Unfortunately for Fezzik, now that he has finally gotten the takedown, there's less than thirty seconds left. He tries to pass guard to get to side control, but Gilchrist comfortably defends it until the round is over. End of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Gilchrist. Round 3 Gilchrist's straight right hand punch finds its mark early, tagging Fezzik below the right eye, leaving a mark. Fezzik throws a couple of strikes in return, but can't find a way past the gloves. Gilchrist keeps Fezzik off balance by switching between looping punches, low kicks, and plenty of jabs. Fezzik can't work an angle under the barrage, and backs off. Gilchrist tries to press the advantage, but Fezzik is quick to clinch up. Fezzik goes for a trip but Gilchrist kicks it away. Fezzik drops down and tries for a single leg, but Gilchrist bends down and blocks it. There's an awkward moment as neither can do a great deal. Fezzik eventually releases the leg and gets back into the clinch. Gilchrist hits a knee, and they part. Fezzik throws a nice kick. Gilchrist gets in close enough to hit a kick to the body, then darts back out of range. He repeats the trick, this time replacing the kick with a hard right hand. It appears that he is using 'hit and run' tactics, and Fezzik isn't coping with it yet. Gilchrist goes for it again, and this time almost gets taken down as Fezzik times it well and shoots in. Gilchrist sprawls to block the first attempt, then scrabbles free on the second push, getting out from the side. Fezzik was very close then. Gilchrist keeps Fezzik back, throwing kicks. The action unfortunately peters out, with Fezzik unable to get in close enough to go for a takedown, Gilchrist unwilling to risk the takedown by coming in and throwing strikes. The time eventually runs out on the round. The round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Gilchrist. Round 4 Fezzik starts strongly, immediately rushing in for a takedown. Gilchrist got taken by surprise a little, but wrestles his way free of the grapple and pulls to safety. Gilchrist doesn't hang around for a second attempt, he uses a looping left to set himself up to come in close and score with a series of strikes, two or three nice body shots included. Fezzik covers up, throwing the occasional jab as a counter. Gilchrist goes for a vicious uppercut, but gets pulled into a clinch. Fezzik goes for a takedown via a trip, but Gilchrist defends it. Another trip attempt, another failure. Fezzik pushes Gilchrist up against the cage and tries to wrestle him to the ground, but Gilchrist keeps his balance and sprawls to stop it. Gilchrist gets in a hard right hand to the side of the face, taking advantage of the fact that Fezzik was leaning in too far. Gilchrist reverses so that Fezzik is against the cage. They remain clinched, with nothing more than minor strikes being thrown, for a long time. The referee finally breaks them apart and gets them back to the center. Gilchrist throws a kick, waist-high, but Fezzik avoids it. That could have been used for a takedown attempt if Fezzik had been quicker and caught it. Gilchrist hits two or three punches in a row, stinging the gloves of Fezzik. The round draws to a close. It'll be interesting to see where the judges go with this, as Gilchrist clearly got the better strikes in throughout the round, but Fezzik did probably show more aggression by virtue of his almost constant attempts to get the takedown. End of round 4. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Gilchrist. Round 5 They touch gloves to begin. Fezzik throws out a looping right hand, setting up a mid-level kick. The punch found gloves, the kick found nothing but thin air as Gilchrist had stepped back in time. They meet in the center, exchanging a series of blows, and Fezzik gets the better of it, scoring with a crisp jab that causes Gilchrist to back up quickly. Sensing a chance, Fezzik follows and forces him up against the cage with some jabs. Gilchrist covers up, as two hard strikes find the gloves from Fezzik. A right hand misses, and that is the chance Gilchrist needs to quickly get out of trouble and back to the center. Great start to the round from Fezzik. Gilchrist drives Fezzik up against the cage and sweeps him for an astonishingly easy takedown. Gilchrist seems to be feeling it, he starts raining down punches! A big shot catches Fezzik right in the mouth, followed closely by one above the right eye. This could all be over very soon, Fezzik is getting creamed. Gilchrist fires off another big punch, this time grazing the ear...but Fezzik suddenly snaps his guard shut, catching an overconfident Gilchrist in a triangle choke! It looks like Fezzik lured him into that one. Gilchrist tries to fight it, but he is caught and looks like he is fading fast. Fezzik squeezes even harder. Gilchrist taps out! It's over. Fezzik wins via triangle choke submission at 2:19 of the fifth round. Hassan Fezzik is the new GAMMA Heavyweight champion. Wow I thought Gilchrist had him :eek:

Casim Yenkini is actually really good in my game. He's riding a 6 fight win streak and is my MW champ after tko'ing Buddy Garner. He was inconsistent from 1996 to 1999 however as he went 4-4 between BCF and GAMMA which I control. But since 2000 and im currently in Nov. 2001 he's 7-1 with his only loss being to my former champ Uwe Maier. I made a FW division back in 1998 in my game I created nine fighters and over time moved some guys from my LW division down Giovani Silva, Kenny Magilton, Darin Blood, and fromer LW champ Luke Hilton and I signed some good fighters for the division as well such as Chojiro Goto, Heikichi Shimizu, and former Alpha-1 LW champ Go Yamamoto. And for the most part the belt traded off between three of my created guys up until late 2000 when Giovani Silva won the strap and at 38 years of age he seems to have a late career surge because he's been knocking out everyone at FW. He lost his debut at FW to one of my created guys but now he's riding a 6 fight win streak and is currently rated as world class and he's the ranked 5 pound for pound. On the same note Raul Hughes is also dominating as the HW champ after having mixed success thru 1998 and 1999 in his last 3 fights he's Ko'ed Aleksander Ivanov in a mintue forty three of round 1 ( Ivanov was riding a ten fight win streak) and he scored two 50-44 decisions over Tim Boyer and Rav Kapur and he's 36 years old lol.

Yeah, having played this game for awhile, I couldn't ever imagine Casim Yenkini being good based on his stats and my previous experience with him. That must have been something to see defeating Buddy Garner like that. Do you have a mod for your FW division created fighters? I don't really understand what determines whether a fighter would perform well so I try to avoid switching weights outside of the AI decisions. I just had poor results with it. I thought Thorbjon Rekdal's fighting style would make him more competitive at the more striker rankings of LHW and he turned up being a sitting duck. In the opposite side, I screwed up Darin's Blood undefeated streak and he went on to a massive losing streak at LW. Raul Hughes though is a beast. The guy can even be a threat to Leftor Oktay and James Foster. Even in the later 90s, he often has much better performances than Rav Kapur.

Kapur Rav is fighting very good for me right now i'm in 2000 and his is one of the best P$P fighters. I'am really disappointed in Sean Morrison and James Foster they are cans right now and when I first started the game didn't make much noise either. I'm interested in if anyone uses Sukarno a lot i'm excited to see how he will do in a few years right now for me he is 177-0 :p (4-0 Gamma)

Archived