<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="andyemmy" data-cite="andyemmy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="20795" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>a comeback as in back to his old ways thought u would have understood that. There was a good article about his life on one of the websites.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Based on how you said it, that wouldn't make sense now would it. Saying something like, "Ricco has re-dedicated himself and may return to his old form" would. Saying he is supposed to make a comeback is indicative of him returning to MMA. And of course, he hasn't stopped fighting. And if you have actually watched his bouts... lol, he's definitely not on the road to his old form.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thebaronsg" data-cite="thebaronsg" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="20795" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Korekiyo Anzai def Julio Regueiro (17-0-1 at the time & 5 time defending WW champion) by TKO rd 1... Anzai hasn't lost the title yet, defending it twice....<p> </p><p> craziness</p></div></blockquote><p> Dunno, Anzai's always been pretty close to a top fighter in my games.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, a couple from my current game:</p><p> Marcus Speed beat Sean Morrison by SUBMISSION at 2.41 rd 1, taking GAMMA LW championship</p><p> </p><p> Veeti Kuqi, the fat, boring, useless Finn, beat Stratos Papaiouannou by TKO, rd 1.</p><p> </p><p> Casim Yenkini, who is strong but has close to NO skills, beat Bixente Fontaine and Phil Ball, both by knockout.</p><p> </p><p> Oscar Gomez, essentially a Mexican Tank Abbott, knocked out Rick Stanley and Frank Sheedy in rd 1.</p><p> </p><p> Teeratep Nutnum, usually a top ALPHA-1 competitor, is 4-7 and has lost matches to notable nobodies like Marek Warzycha and </p><p> </p><p> Oh, and Frank Sheedy is currently GAMMA champion after submitting Stafford Alois. Although not a bad fighter, he's hardly GAMMA HW champ material.</p><p> </p><p> Worst upset I ever heard about was Monty Olivier KOing Hassan Fezzik in rd 1 to take the HW belt. That musta been embarrassing for Mr. Fezzik.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blehschmidt" data-cite="Blehschmidt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="20795" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My Biggest Upsets:<p> </p><p> Roger Hollett over Mauricio Rua by TKO</p><p> Matt Hammill over Quinton Jackson by Decision</p><p> Cheick Kongo over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by Decision</p><p> </p><p> Houston Alexander over Wanderlei Silva, Thiago Silva, and Chuck Liddell all by TKO</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> wow I bet all these upsets screwed up your title picture from time to time.</p>

Talk about lucky head kick. Maruyama was winning both the stand-up and the ground.

Logan Sky (0-1) vs. Bussho Maruyama (0-0)

Round 1

Sky starts brightly by throwing some looping punches. Defended well by Maruyama. They circle, throwing tentative jabs. Maruyama goes for a single leg and puts Sky on the floor, but he is up very quickly, preventing Maruyama from getting on top. Sky definitely seems to want to keep this standing. Maruyama hits a nice jab, avoids a counter left hook, then comes in low and takes down Sky again. This time Sky isn't able to get up, and has to pull guard. Times ticking away though, Maruyama will have to hurry to finish. He goes for an armbar, but Sky defends. Maruyama tries to slip past to get side control, but Sky just about manages to keep guard. A second attempt works though, and Maruyama has the side. Two big elbows land, and Sky seems in trouble. Maruyama goes for the kimura, but can't quite get it. The time expires before he can try again, and the referee separates them. End of the round. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Maruyama.

Round 2

Maruyama is forced onto the backfoot almost immediately, having to retreat to avoid a series of sharp jabs. He ends up with his back to the cage, with Sky advancing. A sharp right misses, and Maruyama takes the opportunity to pull Sky in to a tight clinch against the cage. Sky tries to break free, but cannot. It looks like we know the strategies for this round already; Sky wants to stand and bang, Maruyama wants to keep things at close quarters. Sky tries for an elbow, but only succeeds in getting turned around so that he is now the one against the cage. Trip from Maruyama, and we're down to the ground. Maruyama has side control, but Sky has landed with his left hand side against the cage, so that side of the body is basically safe for now. Maruyama will have to try to work the right-hand side, and starts by ramming a knee into the ribs. Sky tries to squirm into a better position, but Maruyama puts a stop to that with a stiff elbow to the stomach. Maruyama tries to work a kimura on the right arm, but Sky defends it. Sky manages to bring a knee up and catch Maruyama in the side, something of a cheeky move given his position. Maruyama responds with five or six rapid-fire right hands to the face, but Sky covers up and doesn't take any serious damage at all. Time is ticking away though, and so far Maruyama may be easily winning the round, but he is not taking full advantage of this great position. Maruyama tries to float over into a mount, but Sky uses the cage to push away and manages to unbalance Maruyama enough to get to a kneeling position, then standing, albeit back into a clinch. A knee from Maruyama is the last action of the round. End of the round. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Maruyama.

Round 3

Very, very slow start to the round. Over a minute has gone before the first meaningful strike connects. It's Sky who hits it, scoring with a shot to the chest. Maruyama fires back with a couple of jabs, both of which connect with the shoulder rather than the face where they were aimed. The two fighters come together in the center and exchange punches, neither getting the clear advantage. Maruyama suddenly shoots in and goes for a takedown, but Sky manages to sprawl long enough to get them all the way back to the cage, which keeps him upright. Maruyama tries to complete the takedown, but realises that the leverage isn't there and instead stands and clinches. Sky hits a couple of shots to the back. Maruyama hits a stomp. Sky lifts his leg to go for a knee, but that gives Maruyama the opportunity to lift him and slam him down to the ground. That was a hard slam! Maruyama is on top, almost sitting on top of a balled-up Sky. He throws some hard downward punches, Sky defends most of them, although one hits hard above the eye. Maruyama leaves his arm in for a second too long and Sky reaches up and almost gets an armbar. Maruyama gets free though, although the effort puts him off-balance enough for him to stumble, giving Sky the opportunity to scramble back up. There's a nasty mark above the eye where the earlier punch connected though. They go back to circling each other. There's not much time left. Sky tries one last big attack, swinging for the fences with two bombs, but Maruyama avoids both, adding a nice shot to the stomach after the second dodge. The round ends there. End of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Maruyama.

Round 4

Maruyama starts the round by throwing some low kicks. Sky checks them, then comes in and clearly wants to trade punches. Maruyama doesn't seem too bothered by that, and they enter into the first exchange of punches of the round. Difficult to say who came out on top, neither of them did a great deal of damage, most of the shots hit the opponent's gloves. Maruyama cleverly head-fakes, allowing him the time and angle that he needed to catch Sky with a beauty of a right hook. Sky stumbles backward, but doesn't go down. Maruyama presses the advantage by following in with a kick, then a right hand. Sky clinches. They remain clinched for a while. Sky scores with a nice knee, it appeared to catch Maruyama in the gut. Maruyama uses a single leg trip and takes the fight to the ground. Maruyama gets to side control upon impact, and immediately goes for an armbar. Sky reacts quickly, but is in real danger. Maruyama has his left arm straightened out, fortunately Sky has managed to roll and get a good position that is stopping Maruyama from getting the leverage needed to apply an armlock. Maruyama tries to step over and fully apply it, but Sky breaks free and gets him to back off with a couple of up-kicks. Maruyama steps back and motions for him to stand up. They go back to circling in the center. Sky hits a nice right hand, but takes one back too. The time runs down; Maruyama will probably get that round on points, he hit the best punch of the round, and got the only takedown, plus was the one who was working toward a submission. The round is over. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Maruyama.

Round 5

A crisp jab from Sky starts the round, it tagged Maruyama on the cheek. Straight right from Maruyama in response, glancing off the side of the head, albeit without much power. Sky steps in for an attack but is smothered by Maruyama who clinches. Sky has to react quickly to avoid being tossed to the ground, but can't stop being driven into the cage. Maruyama is virtually man-handling Sky with his wrestling ability. Up against the cage, Maruyama has the much stronger position. Right hand connects to the side of the body. And another. There isn't a great deal of power on them, but they're forming a big red mark on the body, and Sky can't really do a lot in response; he can't seem to wrestle Maruyama off, and he can't work into a position to unload any strikes either. Maruyama fires off another two punches, then goes for a trip. Sky spins out, almost falls, but manages to squirm out and back off quickly to the center. That was close, and Sky knows it. Sky throws a couple of scorching jabs; neither hit, but it forces Maruyama to back pedal all the way back to the cage. Sky follows in and throws a stinging kick to the ribs. Maruyama tries to catch it, but couldn't. Maruyama throws a right hand to try and catch Sky coming in, but it's wide of the mark. Sky throws a head kick, and it's a beauty, landing flush to the cheek. It was delivered with enormous power, and Maruyama drops to the floor immediately, he is out cold. The referee stops Sky from following up, it's all over. Sky wins via 5th round knock out with the official time being 9:16.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thebaronsg" data-cite="thebaronsg" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="20795" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Korekiyo Anzai def Julio Regueiro (17-0-1 at the time & 5 time defending WW champion) by TKO rd 1... Anzai hasn't lost the title yet, defending it twice....<p> </p><p> craziness</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had almost the exact same thing, except Anzai lost the title just recently to an undefeated Darin Blood after only one defense.</p>

Having beat everyone who is anyone(a lot of them twice) Brander Lindberg was my heavyweight champ with 11 wins in a row and 5 title defenses still only approaching his prime(november 2004) there was no credible challengers left for Lindberg so I decided to bring back the 36 year old baby bull Frank Sheedy 16-15 to see if Lindberg could end his only unavenged loss(21-4), needless to say I have a new unranked heavyweight champion of the world.

Brandon Vera beating Anderson Silva by TKO in the 3rd at 205lbs

Josh Hendricks went through Brock Lesnar, Gabriel Gonzaga and Junior dos Santos to win UFC HW title but then lost it to Nogueira on his first defence

Rafael Feijao 3-0 in the UFC with wins over Rampage, Rogerio Nogueira and Sokodjou

In my created promotion I have Satoshi Ishii as my champion with an 8-0 record while waiting for Ben Rothwell and Dave Herman's new contracts to start (they had to give notice) I decide to feed Kimbo Slice to Ishii as its rated highly in terms of draw. Now Slice has been around since day one and is at 7-5 but never manages to win more than 2 fights before losing atleast one and I really only use him as filler just due to his popularity, well of course he takes out Ishii in the first round with a KO and injures him in the process.

So as soon as possible (I really don't won't Kimbo being the face of heavyweight division) I put Slice up against Herman, same result Hermans down in the first but atleast not injured. Thats now 4 wins in a row for Slice so I give him Rothwell next thinking for sure Rothwell must be able to finish this. Well he made it to the 2nd round before the KO atleast :(

Lining up an Ishii rematch soon once I give Ishii some warm ups to get him back on a winning streak and hopefully raise the interest in the fight.

This is using the Modern Warriors 3.0 mod.

• 2 weeks later...

(Playing as Alpha-1)

I looked into this after noticing Oscar Gomez wanted 27k after being released by GAMMA and saw this as his fight history:

Win: Fatuma Roy (Knockout) 5/1998 Round 1 2:37

Previously: 18-5

Win: Tim Boyer (Knockout) 8/1998 Round 1 2:48

Previously: 20-4-2

Boyer was coming off of 1st round knockouts of Graham Goodbody and Tony McCall.

Win: Christian Mountfield (Knockout) 9/1998 Round 1 3:25

Previously: 9-7

---

I signed him with the intentions of giving him absolute cans and building up a fight with Hassan Fedorzik.

In my latest game, it's pure f'n chaos. I booked Fezzik against [dunno anymore], and he frickin' lost. Bye bye streak... :(

What's even worse. Takahashi (the light heavyweight champ when starting) was on a losing streak from the beginning. He moved to the welterweight division in like a year. Talk about an upset...

The only was who was able to hold on to his title for at least a couple of PPV's was Gallego. Thank God.

my biggest upset by far was a 10-2 kimbo slice coming off of a victory wins my freaking HW Title over 4x defending champion Big Nog. i needed a high rating main event while waiting for fedor to heal after knocking out 4 straight victories. it would of been Fedor Nog II, with the fight histories erased.

Archived