an MMA what-if

darthsiddus2

Dude are you mentally retarded or something ? The guy lost, he got beat, If people start using the idea that the guy in the sambo match used. they would have a better chance at winning, what you are saying is completely irrelevant to the subject. If the people that fought fedor used that tactic, it would be a much simpler victory.So there is a reason to bring this up

sambo, different rules. different game plans. i would have to say if he used the same strategy in an MMA fight.....he would get crushed. why? because its a different animal. just as competing in a straight grappling or jiu jitsu tournament is different than competiing in an mma fight. different game plans all together. different preparation. im fairly shocked you dont see the logic in that.....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sambo, different rules. different game plans. i would have to say if he used the same strategy in an MMA fight.....he would get crushed. why? because its a different animal. just as competing in a straight grappling or jiu jitsu tournament is different than competiing in an mma fight. different game plans all together. different preparation. im fairly shocked you dont see the logic in that.....

I agree there, i think Fedor had the plan to just knock him out (which he was doing the fights before him) he was doing a pretty good job of it actually, but run out of time. Either way i think that fight had more to do with underestimating the opponent and by no means would any of you rate that as a win towards the Bulgarian guy, simply Sambo rules are somewhat different:) I would like to see them fight again:D

Archived