DOTM Nomination Thread - December

RULES

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your nominations or 2nd between Categories with in reason, but may not exceed 3 total votes

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of them being run this month

6. Rookie DOTM: may have up to 5 shows and have started since since the 15th of the previous month (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category

8. You can NOT nominate Dse81's "The New NWA" or Wildfire's "NWA: Beyond The Glory"

9. You can NOT nominate Infinitywpi's "Tradition Dictates that you be Welcomed"rules"

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=29001]iMac's "WWE : The Next Generation"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=31201]Tritram's "WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW""[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=35579] OldSchool's "NWA: Mid Atlantic...Territorial Resurgence!"[/thread]
  • [thread=36949]Mad5226's "WWF 1992, The year that wasn't"[/thread]
  • [thread=26061]Sebsy's "WWE: After The Bash"[/thread]

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=36088]FINisher's "BBW: Start A War, Chapter II (CVerse '97)"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=32191]James Casey's "MAW : Ten Simple Rules"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=29414]NoNeck's "Secrets of the Ring Volume Two: Peter Michaels and SWF 2011"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=35327]BigPapa42's "SWF: Generation Supreme"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=33304]TigerKinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse)"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=21524]J-Silver's " USPW: Where Ages 65 and Older Get in For Free"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=35817]Phantom Stranger's "Philly Power Pro Wrestling: Dangerous Dreams"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=36341]Angledelayette's "USPW: The American Way"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=36199]eayragt's "CZCW '97 - A Coastal Zone even back then"[/thread]

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=36840]BoomKing's "The Kid & The Business"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=37292]Eisenverse's "The Supreme Wrestling Federation: The Eisen Approach to wrestling"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=37406]MartinC's " Global Wrestling Federation"[/thread]
  • [thread=37187]Save Us.Necro's "AWA 2004: Sorry Vince"[/thread]

Nominations will be open until January 3rd (12 pm Eastern)

You have a third, and can cast them however you like so go nuts :p

And my votes go to Tigerkinney's FCW diary for consistency, inventiveness and well-written cards and matches, BoomKing's 1991 WWF diary (A RW nomination! Go me!) for sheer enjoyment, a backstage-heavy atmosphere (to the point where often the shows are viewed from the Gorilla position and we miss chunks of them, which is weird but neat) and a user character who's entertaining as heck, and...

...I'm absolutely torn between NoNeck and Bigpapa42's SWF diaries...

I'll get back to you on the third vote...

I'll put in seconds for No Neck's and Big Papa 42's SWF diaries, No Neck's standards continue to be astonishly high with every show he posts and Big Papa 42's diary just gets better and better.

I also finally got round to reading James Casey's MAW diary from beginning to end during the last month, and I don't know why it slipped under my radar, as it's been a great read from begining to end. I usually have a diary like that every year (last year it was D-Mack's NYCW diary)....saying that it's been diary of the month twice and I feel other diaries could do with the recognition a little more :p I'm sure someone will deservedly give it a second though :)

Firstly I have updated the first post

I nominate:

USPW: Where Age's 65 And Older Get In For Free

J-Silver is a legend and the type of diary I aspire to live up to with my USPW diary.

WCW: 1998 A prequel to "Death of WCW"

tristram just has some awesome cards and I enjoy his writing style and yet another legend on the boards.

The third I still have to decide.

you sir are my hero, thank you for the links!

I'll put in seconds for No Neck's and Big Papa 42's SWF diaries, No Neck's standards continue to be astonishly high with every show he posts and Big Papa 42's diary just gets better and better.

I also finally got round to reading James Casey's MAW diary from beginning to end during the last month, and I don't know why it slipped under my radar, as it's been a great read from begining to end. I usually have a diary like that every year (last year it was D-Mack's NYCW diary)....saying that it's been diary of the month twice and I feel other diaries could do with the recognition a little more :p I'm sure someone will deservedly give it a second though :)

I will throw up No neck and Big Papa from your nomination's. They have both been mentioned but no initial votes put down yet. December has been a big month. I hope to see some good voting candidates

Hopefully more than one rookie?!?

Can't a same diary win diary of the month and rookie of the month :rolleyes: How sad. BoomKing shoulda won the "DOUBLE CROWN". :p

The standing rule was a diary had to have 5 shows to qualify for the awards, because of the number of diary's that start up strong and then flame out.

I'm sad to say even some of our rookie of the month diaries have met similar fates.

hopefully we will see a lot more of the BoomKing and with a strong line up maybe he will be the first diary to ever win Rookie and go on to win Diary of the month in his Genre.

AND if BoomKing's diary doesn't count on DOTM also (which would be awesome :PP, "DOUBLE CROWN") I would like to NOMINATE again iMac's one. It's just pure awesomeness (if that's a word).

E: And sorry for double post

not a problem and your 2nd of iMac's Diary is so noted.

The standing rule was a diary had to have 5 shows to qualify for the awards, because of the number of diary's that start up strong and then flame out.

I'm sad to say even some of our rookie of the month diaries have met similar fates.

hopefully we will see a lot more of the BoomKing and with a strong line up maybe he will be the first diary to ever win Rookie and go on to win Diary of the month in his Genre.

It really is an honour to be nominated whatever the category. Im not planning on going anywhere just yet especially if people continue to enjoy it!

Also, Can I second MartinC's Global Wrestling Federation is born?

I am nominating Phantom Stranger's "Philly Power Pro Wrestling: Dangerous Dreams" as I enjoy his DVD styled commentary and can actually get behind his avatar as a wrestler.

And I definitely have to 2nd Tritram's "WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW" before someone else does!

I am nominating Phantom Stranger's "Philly Power Pro Wrestling: Dangerous Dreams" as I enjoy his DVD styled commentary and can actually get behind his avatar as a wrestler.

Thank ya kindly.

To begin, I'm gonna second NoNeck and Bigpapa, thereby also ensuring I can't win.

That gives me one pick in hand, which I'll consider.

Tigerkinney and NoNeck already got the 2nds, so I'll go with Phantom Stranger and Tristam. Keep the first one for the moment.

And thanks for the noms, guys. To even get mentioned with diaries like NoNeck, TigerKinney, Finisher, J Silver, iMac, Tristam, James Casey... Its an honor to be lumped in with those guys in any way, shape or form...

I think I'm allowed one more, and it'll be for the rookie category

Eisenverse's: The Supreme Wrestling Federation: The Eisen Approach to wrestling, looks to be another fine piece of writing on the biggest promotion in the Cornellverse. It's brave to come out with a new SWF diary, especially as both No Neck's and BigPapa 42's SWF diaries are amongst the strongest on the board right now, but it looks like Eisen-verse can hold his own.

Whilst SWF diaries are enjoying a golden spell, attempts at cracking TCW seem to have dried up, especially after Rob4590 fell off the radar (just as his was getting really good).

I think I'm allowed one more, and it'll be for the rookie category

Eisenverse's: The Supreme Wrestling Federation: The Eisen Approach to wrestling, looks to be another fine piece of writing on the biggest promotion in the Cornellverse. It's brave to come out with a new SWF diary, especially as both No Neck's and BigPapa 42's SWF diaries are amongst the strongest on the board right now, but it looks like Eisen-verse can hold his own.

Whilst SWF diaries are enjoying a golden spell, attempts at cracking TCW seem to have dried up, especially after Rob4590 fell off the radar (just as his was getting really good).

I would like to 2nd this one.

I have the story for one, should MAW ever die before I become a dad...

But I'm looking forward to the vote this month. First time I've been eligible for a while, and it's always a bit more fun to watch the votes and see where you end up placing (can't see myself three-peating this time...)

Archived