Which stat affects fight frequency?

As the title suggests, I'm wondering which stat it is that alters how often the fighters make themselves available to fight?

For example, Randy Couture is only available once every few months, whereas some fighters are available every month. I've looked over the stats of Couture and some of the other fighters, and I can't see anything that might affect it.

Of course I could just be stupid and am missing something blatantly obvious...

<p>The destiny stat from what I gather is just what people use to explain the intangibles of a fighter. </p><p> </p><p>

Every fighter in the game can have highs and lows irrelevant of their momentum thus producing a sort of destiny where guys who could go undefeated suddenly fall down just as quick or be so inconsistent early in their career and suddenly they seemed to have turned things around.</p><p> </p><p>

Here's an example: In one of my games, Grzegorz Boniek was his inconsistent self and then since Fezzik defeated everyone in front of him, he was fed to Fezzik whom he finished in a major upset. Suddenly Boniek was killing the entire Alpha-1 HW division. Never got to rematch Fezzik because he retired soon after. (Fezzik was given a lame retiring fight against 6-1 Juozas Skerla)</p><p> </p><p>

2nd example: Vicki Summers was a great but not dominating Female Lightweight fighter and Sarah Vaughan went on a tear including avenging her defeat to Alison Beattie and staying undefeated until Summers finally wins her rematch with Vaughan since no one else was in front of her. </p><p> </p><p>

After Summers ended defeated Vaughan's streak, Sarah retired but then Vicki starts going on a tear and replaces Sarah as the next Ultimate Female Lightweight P4P ala Hughes -> GSP.</p><p> </p><p>

She was cleaning everyone's houses including girls like Kimie Igarashi that the one who broke her streak was due to a set standard contract with Alpha-1 who immediately booked her against undefeated 13-0 Romi Takahashi who was at HW.</p>

<p>ive played with this so much.</p><p> </p><p>

what i do is take the fighter u want to fight a ton, and make him real young, and have not much reputation. if the reputation isnt an option because he is a title fighter, your a little screwed. only way ive found is to have him fight crappy fighters so he doesnt need the 50 days from fighting a star.</p><p> </p><p>

also check his physical stats.</p>

After paying more attention to this and doing some experiments I have come up with a few things.

1) Reputation has no impact. I created some new guys in their twenties with high reputation and they fight frequently. The biggest thing reputation impacts is the interest in their fight. Two fighters with no popularity but high reputation will have a fight interest of very high.

2) Age is the biggest factor. Currently in my game Gunnar Nilson and Jeff Carlton are 34/35 and both need lots of time off despite not being injured. Same goes for a few of the other older guys.

3) Ranking might play a factor. As i just said with Carlton he needs time off and he is also my number 1 Heavyweight and Nilson is close behind. When I start BCF games McSweegan and Alois both require time off despite being somewhat younger but they are the top guys. So this one isn't positive but I think once people are ranked highly they realize they are the top dogs and can demand more.

• 4 weeks later...
As the title suggests, I'm wondering which stat it is that alters how often the fighters make themselves available to fight?

For example, Randy Couture is only available once every few months, whereas some fighters are available every month. I've looked over the stats of Couture and some of the other fighters, and I can't see anything that might affect it.

Of course I could just be stupid and am missing something blatantly obvious...

I think it has to do with how often they fight and their physical status... for example i had a guy who would fight every 7 days and i'd keep booking him and now its at the point where he is taking a fight every 4 months

I'm surprised no one has mentioned an obvious one. Record plays a part too.

Everything about the fighter plays a part, level of skill, reputation, record, age, physical, and mental stats - a lot of things play a part in whether or not the fighter will take a long time to want to fight again. It's actually pretty cool. :)

How long did this process take though? I have noticed when fighters reach the age of 33-35 they start taking the most time off. I have yet to see a 25 year old take months off withouth injury or poor physical status

I've seen it plenty of times. A guy will be able to work 2-3 times a month for me with a small promotion, then go to once a month, then even less then that.

If you can find a person (I've been using my own edits) willing to start off fighting once a week, you'll be able to see how fast a person can change. I think record/popularity have a large factor likely.

At the beginning, I was able to use Adam White twice a month then after 5 or 6 fights, it went to once a month. After he first won the Middleweight title, he went to two months but went back to once until his most recent defence, which he needs two months off again.

Archived