WCW 1996: A New World Order

Im really enjoying this a lot , but The Steiners vs The Road Warriors feud is what keeps me coming back for more! I would have loved to have seen Pillman stick around with the horsemen a while longer but I understand the booking and if your gonna replace him with anyone then Malenko would be my first pick.

Good work my friend

The Horsemen will always be the best wrestlers in professional wrestling. That is what the Horsemen have always thrived on, especially back when they first got started. As you maybe can tell I'm a big Horsemen fan. ;) And I figured I could get more use out of Pillman as a face than as a heel right now with my roster the way it is. But thanks for the comment! Really appreciate it!

Another solid show mate, especially for what it is (a B-Show).

As for the whole low ratings thing, would it be helpful to change the product slightly so it's more based around in ring ability? After all, the midcard basically got over on the basis of great performances in real life. In my WCW 91 game the product is split between performance and popularity (so WCW can be the alternative to WWF rather than an imitator) which has seen things like Owen jumping to B- in US without much of a push and the likes of Benoit, Austin etc getting solidly over despite hardly ever winning any matches.

But hey, it's your call. I still really like this diary and it's such an interesting era. KUTGW.

I am working on changing my product, to be honest, but a lot of it is evaluating the good and the bad of each one. I have been playing around with changes being made and all to make it even just a little more based on in-ring performance but I have to be careful not to try to make too many drastic changes and I can only make the changes that Ted Turner allows me to make. It's Ted and all those Standards and Practices keeping WCW down!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good show

Kevin Sullivan vs. Sting

Cruiserweight Title Tournament, Non Title: Johnny B. Badd vs. Dean Malenko

Cruiserweight Title Tournament: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis; always loved Rey

Lanny Poffo vs. Ric Flair

Randy Savage vs. The Giant Had trouble with this one cuz I love Savage as well, but Giant is on a roll

Kevin Sullivan vs. Sting - No brainer

Cruiserweight Title Tournament, Non Title: Johnny B. Badd vs. Dean Malenko - Distraction or interference by DDP costs Johnny

Cruiserweight Title Tournament: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis - Toss-up

Randy Savage vs. The Giant - I say Giant dominates, but Savage picks-up the win on a DQ after interference from the Horsemen, although a Horseman distraction allowing Giant to go over by pinfall makes sense as well

Don't worry about the ratings mate, at the end of the day just make it a fun story like you are.

Kevin Sullivan vs. Sting

Cruiserweight Title Tournament: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis

Randy Savage vs. The Giant

I've been reading this all along, but I never got into WCW (I'm a WWF/E man through-and-through), so I hadn't gotten into the prediction game. Now that I'm more familiar with the characters, I'll give this a whirl.

Kevin Sullivan vs. Sting

This is a no-brainer.

He's the newest Horseman. I'm picking Malenko to take the tournament. Oh, and DDP will probably rear his head.

Cruiserweight Title Tournament: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis

A luchadore clinic, here. Just like reality, Rey Rey is a prodigy, and destined to be the breakout luchadore. Should be a heck of a match, though.

If the announcers are putting over that he's Macho Man's brother, shouldn't he be called Lanny Savage? Regardless, he's facing the World Champ, so... yeah....

I'm thinking DQ, caused by the Horsemen. The Giant is still on his way up, so putting him over would hurt Savage, heading into Clash of Champions.

Enjoying this mod a lot. Let me know if you come up with any product changes that you think work, seeing the ratings I am not entirely satisfied that my data has represented WCW as well as it could.

The main problem I find is that the main eventers all got by on popularity whereas the undercard guys all got by on in ring skills, kind of makes it a bit tricky to reconcile the two within a single product while still keeping WCW a fairly mainstream promotion. :confused:

WCW MONDAY NITRO!

Monday Week 3 January 1996

Attendance: 15,000

Overall Rating: C-

TV Rating: 3.96

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/RicFlairIV.jpg

[The show begins inside the Orlando Arena where 2001: A Space Odyssey has started to play and the crowd reacts with boos when Ric Flair comes walking out from the back. Ric has on his usual robe and the WCW World Heavyweight Title around his waist. He slides inside the ring with a microphone in hand.]

Ric Flair

"Tomorrow night is the Clash of the Champions where the greatest wrestler in this sport: Ric Flair defends the WCW World Heavyweight Title against the Macho Man Randy Savage. Macho, you saw what I did to your brother last week. But you don't need to ask him what it feels like to lose to Ric Flair because I am sure you remember how I won this WCW World Heavyweight Title. Whoooooo. At the Clash of the Champions live and only on pay-per-view you're going to have to walk that aisle against Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen. Many people have tried to get this belt off of me but nobody has succeeded."

Voice

"Why don't you give me a shot?"

Eric Bischoff

"That's Lanny! The Macho Man's brother, Brain!"

Bobby Heenan

"I knew all those Savages were idiots."

[Lanny steps out from the back and walks toward the ring, sliding inside and looking at Flair for a moment.]

Ric Flair

"Do you really want to step in the ring with me after the beating you took last week, boy?"

Lanny

"Ohhhhh yeah!"

[Lanny throws a punch, decking Flair! Lanny backs Flair into a corner and whips him across! Flair flips over the top turnbuckle, landing on the apron and Lanny catches him with a clothesline to cheers from the crowd! The Nature Boy walks backward toward the back and we have a match later on tonight!]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/KevinSullivan.jpg w/ http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/JimmyHart.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/Sting.jpg

Kevin Sullivan vs. Sting

Sullivan came out with the Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart to take on the man they call Sting. Sting isn't used to midget wrestling so this threw off his timing with Sullivan a little bit. But Sting did dominate for the majority of the bout, hitting the Stinger Splash and finishing off Sullivan with the Scorpion Deathlock and the submission!

Winner: Sting

Match Rating: C

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/BrianPillman.jpg

[in a backstage set, Brian Pillman is sitting down for an interview, looking toward the camera.]

Brian Pillman

"You know, I took a lot of pride in being a member of the Four Horsemen. They have a long-standing legacy of greatness. But they also have a long-standing legacy of turning on their members. I got kicked out like guys like Sting, Lex Luger, Ole Anderson and the list goes on. Ric Flair and Arn Anderson are only loyal to each other and that's because Arn doesn't have the guts to stand up to Ric Flair. Dean Malenko, you're a great competitor. I have respect for you in that ring but you'll be the next man that the Horsemen turn on, especially after I beat you at the Clash. Dean, I'll see you there."

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/MarcMero.jpg w/ http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/KimberlyPage.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/DeanMalenko.jpg

Cruiserweight Title Tournament

Non Title

Johnny B. Badd vs. Dean Malenko

Brian Pillman might be seeing Dean-o at the Clash but we're seeing him tonight in this Cruiserweight Title Tournament match against the WCW Television Champion Johnny B. Badd. Malenko wasn't undermined by Badd's ability to get into his opponent's head. They don't call Malenko the Iceman for nothing. But Johnny B. Badd is a fiery competitor too. The match came down to some well-timed interference by Diamond Dallas Page that led to a Texas Cloverleaf by Malenko and a submission victory all while Kimberly Page looked on, not sure what to do. But Dean Malenko moves on in the tournament!

Winner: Dean Malenko

[DDP slides into the ring after the match and Dean Malenko just walks away as Page prepares to strike Badd but Kimberly gets in the way! She tells Page not to hit Johnny B. Badd and this opens up Page for a Tooty Fruity Knockout Punch by Johnny B. Badd! Kimberly just stands there and then walks away herself from both men while Badd celebrates.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/ReyMysterioJr.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/Psicosis.jpg

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis

The crowd wasn't impressed by the two Mexican Luchadors down here in Orlando. This is Cuban territory, not Mexican! Not to mention the fact that these two didn't click in the ring despite them having been trained around the same area. Rey picked up the win to advance with the Springboard Huracarrana.

Winner: Rey Misterio Jr.

Match Rating: F+

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/LannyPoffo.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/RicFlairIV.jpg

Lanny vs. Ric Flair

An average match with Lanny using his brotherly relationship to his advantage here in order to get the crowd on his side. He used a lot of similar mannerisms to the Macho Man. But Flair is a consummate professional and bided his time waiting for Lanny to make a mistake and when he did, Flair capitalized and went to work on the knee of Lanny. Flair was able to lock in the Figure 4 Leglock and grabbed the ropes for leverage. Lanny tried to fight it but his shoulders went down to the mat and referee Nick Patrick counted the three and Flair released the ropes with the three count.

Winner: Ric Flair

[Following the match, Randy Savage came running down and chased Flair out of the ring before anymore damage could be done. Savage got on the microphone.]

Randy Savage

"Listen up, Nature Boy, you may have beaten my brother, yeeaahhh, but at the Clash we're going to see another story. I have never been hungrier than I am now, Ric Flair, yeeeahhh! You say that I have to take on you and the Four Horsemen at the Clash? Well, you and the Horsemen are going to be entering the Danger Zone! You're going to be entering the Macho Man's Zone, dig it?!?! Now, how about we bring out The Giant right now and I show you what I mean. OOOOHHHHHHH YEAH!"

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/RandySavage1.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/PaulWight.jpg w/ http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/JimmyHart.jpg

The Madness was definitely in the Macho Man for this match against the seven foot walking, talking, fire-breathing Giant! Savage went right to work on the younger wrestler and The Giant shoved him back so he could actually get into the ring. Savage's aggressiveness cost him early in the bout and The Giant slowed things down when he had control. He worked over the Macho Man as Ric Flair made his way down to ringside and had a talk with Jimmy Hart.

Randy Savage kicked his way out of a Choke Slam attempt and the Macho Man went up top, catching The Giant with a double axehandle! The Macho Man speared The Giant and only the ropes kept The Giant up but The Giant got caught in the ropes and Savage punched away at the big man! He kicked him! He did everything he could while Nick Patrick tried to untie The Giant! The Giant finally got free but was taken down by the Macho Man! Jimmy Hart jumped on the apron to distract both the referee and the Macho Man and Ric Flair grabbed a chair! The Giant came up behind Macho and held him by the arms! Savage shook his head, trying to get free! Ric Flair released a 'Whoooooo' and took a few steps back, stepping forward with a swing of the chair --- SAVAGE DUCKED!!! --- THE GIANT TOOK THE CHAIRSHOT! Savage sends Flair over the top with a clothesline and brings The Giant down with a double axehandle blow off the top turnbuckle and then goes up top again --- SAVAGE ELBOWDROP!! Savage brings down Jimmy Hart and then makes the cover: 1 -- 2 -- 3!!!

Winner: Randy Savage

Match Rating: C+

[The Horsemen came running down after the match and it was a four on one attack by the Horsemen on the Macho Man! But down comes Hulk Hogan, Sting and Lex Luger! We have a four on four brawl down here as the show comes to a close! We'll see you tomorrow night!]

WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS XXXII

QUICK PICKS:

WCW United States Title Match: One Man Gang defends vs. Scott Norton

American Males vs. The Blue Bloods

Cruiserweight Title Tournament: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Disco Inferno

WCW World Television Title Match: Johnny B. Badd defends vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Cruiserweight Title Tournament: Cobra vs. Chris Benoit

The Road Warriors vs. The Steiner Brothers

Jim Duggan vs. Big Bubba Rogers

Dean Malenko vs. Brian Pillman

WCW World Tag Team Titles Match: Harlem Heat defend vs. Sting and Lex Luger

Hulk Hogan vs. Arn Anderson

WCW World Title Match: Ric Flair defends vs. Randy Savage

QUICK PICKS:

Gang is past his prime and Norton has a lot of upside.

I hate Bagwell...simple as that.

Liger rocks hard and would made a great choice as champ

WCW World Television Title Match: Johnny B. Badd defends vs. Diamond Dallas Page

I'm gonna go with a double countout or double DQ to continue the feud

This one was an easy choice.

LOD wins their return match

I've never liked Duggan

The Horsemen continue their winning ways

I've always like Harlem Heat and think there's a lot that can be done with them

Hogan won't lose to Anderson...he will refuse to job

Flair is the better worker and is a great champ

Sure when it's your own mod ;)

Haha oops, I meant diary! :o God, I am retarded! I'm actually a little disappointed in some of the ratings so I'm using this diary as a guide to help me improve the mod.

Really loving how you are capturing the style of the time, Angeldelayette.

Clash of the Champions is going to be huge. Dean Malenko against Pillman? Road Warriors against Steiners? Hell yeah! But how randomly strange is Rey and Psicosis having bad chemistry? Didn't expect a great rating from them since they are not really over in the US at this point, but ouch!

WCW United States Title Match: One Man Gang defends vs. Scott Norton I'm going the younger tyro here, OMG is starting to come towards the end although he still has the look. Norton was a powerhouse who I feel kinda got lost in the transition of being part of the nWo. I always felt he was more credible on his lonesome.

American Males vs. The Blue Bloods Going for the heels here, both Bagwell and Regal were the stars of these teams

Cruiserweight Title Tournament: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Disco Inferno Disco is comedy material, Liger is the real deal

WCW World Television Title Match: Johnny B. Badd defends vs. Diamond Dallas Page Like to see DDP pursue JBB for a while, and then have DDP get the payoff and a rematch with JBB

Cruiserweight Title Tournament: Cobra vs. Chris Benoit No contest

The Road Warriors vs. The Steiner Brothers The Road Warriors didn't sell a lot... so I'm thinking there will be a Doomsday Device somewhere

Jim Duggan vs. Big Bubba Rogers Not a match I'd pay to see, but Big Bubba is probably more likely to be up the card than Duggan

Dean Malenko vs. Brian Pillman Honestly, this is going to sound surprising, but I rate Pillman is a more complete wrestler. I also think he has more charisma. I don't think Dean losing would hurt him to be honest.

WCW World Tag Team Titles Match: Harlem Heat defend vs. Sting and Lex Luger Some sort of falling out between Sting and Luger to ignite the feud that sent STing out of WCW and then to the rafters

Hulk Hogan vs. Arn Anderson I don't see Hogan allowing Anderson to go over from a contractual perspective

WCW World Title Match: Ric Flair defends vs. Randy Savage Probably makes sense for the babyface to be chasing the heel, although believe it or not I would dispute that Flair was necessarily a better worker, I feel Flair was probably a bigger fish in a smaller pond compared to Savage while he was in the WWF. Make no mistake about it though, Randy Savage was an outstanding worker, amazingly charismatic and frankly his matches with the outstandingly talented Ricky Steamboat and the not so talented Ultimate Warrior who he carried and then ended still IMO the best angle ever with Miss Elizabeth shows just how amazing Randy was and at this stage of his career, still is. The following year in real life he would go onto have some absolutely sensational matches with Diamond Dallas Page, matches that IMO made DDP who he was.

Thanks for all the comments and predictions, guys! I really, really appreciate them!

BIGJOSH,

I hope you start a new diary soon. Would love to see another take on this or just about any other company. I was debating between WCW and ECW when I first started since ECW is getting big right around this time as well.

BurningHamster,

Thanks for making the mod itself! Been waiting for a long time for a good 1996 mod. I made some changes to the WCW product in hopes for getting better ratings. The new product will basically start at the Clash and goes like this:

Traditional: Key Feature

Mainstream: Heavy

Comedy: Low

Cult: None

Risque: Low

Modern: Medium

Realism: Low

Hyper Realism: None

Hardcore: Very Low

Lucha Libre: Low

Pure: Low

Daredevil: Low

Match Intensity: 40%

Match Danger: 40%

This gives me an equal rating on performance and popularity but doesn't give me the note about people not beeing keen on gimmicks.

tristram,

Thanks always for your predictions and comments. You are a true inspiration for any WCW diary writer.

Lexa90,

Always my number one fan! Thanks for the predictions!

GregMcNeish,

Maybe I'll convert you to WCW one of these days! lol.

To everyone else,

Thanks for the predictions and all! I truly appreciate it and you are all a big part of why I enjoy writing my diaries. The support system here is great!

Franchise Players

#1. Ric Flair

#2. Hulk Hogan

#3. Randy Savage

#4. Sting

#5. Lex Luger

Next Big Things

#1. Eddy Guerrero

#2. Chris Jericho

#3. Jushin Thunder Liger

#4. Lord Steven Regal

Hot Prospects

#1. Eddy Guerrero

#2. Chris Jericho

#3. Chris Benoit

#4. Rey Misterio, Jr.

#5. Perry Saturn

Talk The Talk

#1. Hulk Hogan

#2. Ric Flair

#3. Randy Savage

#4. Dusty Rhodes

#5. Bobby Heenan

Show Stoppers

#1. Eddy Guerrero

#2. Brian Pillman

#3. Randy Savage

#4. Jushin Thunder Liger

#5. Hulk Hogan

Ring Generals

#1. Dean Malenko

#2. Chris Benoit

#3. Eddy Guerrero

#4. Jushin Thunder Liger

#5. Lord Steven Regal

Time Decline

#1. Loch Ness

#2. Kevin Sullivan

#3. Ric Flair

#4. Earl Robert Eaton

#5. Lt. James Earl

Hidden Gems

#1. Super Crazy

#2. Sexton Hardcastle

#3. Latin Lover

#4. D'Lo Brown

#5. Too Cold Scorpio

Let's see if the would-be convert can pick any of these:

WCW United States Title Match: One Man Gang vs. Scott Norton

I never really got much behind Norton, as I didn't see him until he was one of the roughly 30 members of the NWO. One Man Gang is way past it. Let's see what the kid can do.

Regal's the man. Period.

I probably would make this pick, strictly because Disco Inferno is a joke, but this got a lot easier, once I saw that Liger is one of your Next Big Things.

WCW World Television Title Match: Johnny B. Badd vs. Diamond Dallas Page

This is a match that I see getting out of hand. I'm expecting a Double DQ or CO, to keep things hot.

It doesn't matter what he became. You're re-writing history.

Everyone's picking the Road Warriors, so I figured I'd be different. There's not a lot seperating these teams, in my eyes. Although Scott Steiner might have a future singles run in him, your tag division is going to need some star power, and both these teams have it.

Duggan's a hack. He wasn't that good in his prime, and he's way past that.

Malenko is riding the momentum from joining the Horsemen. I expect we'll see them turn this one. Pillman should play a great underdog, both here and going forward.

WCW World Tag Team Titles Match: Harlem Heat vs. Sting and Lex Luger

Luger and Sting won't be staying a tag team for long, regardless of what else happens. Your main event scene is baren, so you need all the stars you can get, right now. Sting and Luger are them.

Creative Control aside, you need Hogan, to give Flair a big rival, besides the Macho Man. Anderson is a great opponent for Hogan. He should pull a good one out of him.

WCW World Title Match: Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage

Wrestlemania VIII rematch, and this time they don't need to worry about Hart & Piper stealing the show. Anyway, Flair is the champion to carry you for the next little while. Savage is better as a chaser than a champion, in my books.

Just a feeling. Flash always seemed a credible tough guy to me in WCW, One Man Gang just never really did it for me.

I always enjoyed Bagwell & Riggs

Love Inferno, but Lyger is a better fit in the cruiserweight division

BANG!

Only possible way for Cobra to go over would be Pillman costing Benoit the match to set up a potential awesome feud between the two.

2 great teams, but Steiners have more to offer in the long term

Luger & Sting are definitely the bigger stars, but Harlem Heat will remain in the tag team division, Sting & Luger will branch off to bigger things.

Still runnin' wild

Although, a potential Hogan-Savage confrontation for the belt would make sense as well.

WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS XXXII!

Tuesday Week 3 January 1996

Attendance: 30,000

Overall Rating: C

PPV Rating: 8.66

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/EricBischoff.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/TonySchiavone.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/BobbyHeenan.jpg

[The show opens inside the Rupp Arena with a sold-out crowd going wild for WCW Pay-Per-View action!]

Eric Bischoff

"Hello everyone and WELCOME to WCW's Clash of the Champions! Tony, Bobby, we got some great action tonight for all of WCW's fans."

Bobby Heenan

"Yeah, we do, Eric. Not only do I get to see the Horsemen take out one idiot but they get two idiots tonight in Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage. How great is that?"

Tony Schiavone

"I don't know about that, Bobby. But what I do know is that tonight could very well be a turning point in the history of WCW! And it's all about to get underway inside the ring."

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/OneManGang.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/ScottNorton.jpg

WCW United States Title Match

One Man Gang defends vs. Scott Norton

Two very big and powerful men in this opening bout as One Man Gang defends the U.S. Title against Scott 'Flash' Norton. A decent power match for what it was. Norton avoided the 747 Splash and really showed his power when he lifted the One Man Gang up and dropped him with a Shoulder Breaker, getting the three count and we have a NEW United States Champion!

Winner: Scott Norton

Match Rating: D

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/MarcusBagwell2.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/ScottRiggs2.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/StevenRegal.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/DaveTaylor.jpg

The action in the ring just keeps on coming and this time it's the Regal/Squire Dave Taylor combination that steps in for the Blue Bloods. They use the Freebird rule in that any three of the group can wrestle for the team at any time. Bagwell and Riggs used their speed advantage to put up a good fight but Regal locked Riggs in that Regal Stretch and got the submission out of him.

Winners: The Blue Bloods

Match Rating: C-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/JushinLiger.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/DiscoInferno.jpg

Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Disco Inferno

"He's so ****y

He's so cool

He's just a disco dancing fool!"

But most of the fans came to see Liger in this match and they weren't dissapointed with the Japanese sensation. He had great chemistry with Disco, enabling them to wow the crowds with some great moves. Liger got the pinfall win following a Sheer Drop Brainbuster to advance and take on Dean Malenko in the quarterfinals.

Winner: Jushin Thunder Liger

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/LexLuger.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/Sting.jpg

[backstage, Lex Luger and Sting are set for an interview]

Sting

"Harlem Heat, I want you to listen up real good. Tonight my best friend here the Total Package Lex Luger and myself, we're ready for you. We're gonna beat you up real bad and take what we want: The WCW World Tag Team Titles. You're looking at two of the greatest that WCW has to offer and tonight we're gonna prove it, right, Lex?"

Lex Luger

"You know it, Stinger. Tonight, we prove that together we are the Total Package!"

[Lex flexes before we cut back to the ring.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/MarcMero.jpg w/ http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/KimberlyPage.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/DiamondDallasPage.jpg

WCW World Television Title Match

Johnny B. Badd defends vs. Diamond Dallas Page

One of our first grudge matches here this evening as Johnny B. Badd comes out with Diamond Dallas Page's wife Kimberly in his corner defending the World Television Title against Diamond Dallas Page. When DDP comes out, he moves over to Kimberly talking to her only to get speared from between the ropes by Johnny B. Badd! The match is on and it's a pretty decent brawl. Every time DDP gets the advantage, he tries to show off for Kimberly but that only results in giving JBB a chance to rest up. Late in the match, DDP goes for a chair and slides into the ring. He brings it back and Kimberly grabs it from his hands! DDP turns around and pushes her and she slaps him! DDP turns back toward Badd -- KNOCKOUT PUNCH! DDP hits the mat and Johnny B. Badd goes up top --- SHOOTING STAR PRESS!! Johnny B. Badd makes the cover and gets the three count! He grabs the TV Title and Kimberly's hand as she looks down at her husband and Badd drags her away.

Winner: Johnny B. Badd

Match Rating: C-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/JeffFarmerCobra.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/ChrisBenoit.jpg

Cobra vs. Chris Benoit

A squash from the word go. This match served to put Benoit over as he was shown as looking good in this match. Benoit got the pinfall with a Dragon Suplex on Cobra.

Winner: Chris Benoit

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/RicFlairIV.jpg

[backstage within a locker room, Ric Flair is pacing back and forth in a purple sequined robe. He turns toward the camera after about a minute.]

Ric Flair

"Macho Man, tonight is the night. It's put up or shut up. It's Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage for the greatest prize of all: The WCW World Heavyweight Title. Whooooo! I know even a veteran like you is going to have butterflies in the pit of his stomach as you walk that aisle tonight and I would have butterflies too if I knew I had to face Ric Flair. It's like I've always said: to be the man, you have to beat the man. And Macho Man, tonight is just not gonna be your night. Whooooo!"

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/RoadwarriorAnimal.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/RoadwarriorHawk.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/RickSteiner2.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/ScottSteiner.jpg

Two of the top tag teams in all of the world today. A match that could main event anywhere in the world and it's only right here at the Clash of the Champions live and on pay-per-view! Both teams saw some opportunities for double teams as the Road Warriors took down Scott Steiner with a double shoulderblock and the Steiners fired back with dual Steinerlines! At one point during the match, Rick Steiner knocked Road Warrior Animal over the top rope and ran around the ring barking before getting on all fours with brother Scott standing over him.

Late in the match, things broke down with all four men in the ring! Rick Steiner brawling with Animal and Scott with Hawk. Scott and Hawk are the legal men and they go over the top rope to the outside! The brawl continues as Rick and Animal catch up with them and referee Charles Robinson has no choice but to count both teams out!

Winner: Double Countout

[The sound of the bell didn't stop the fighting! The Road Warriors and Steiner Brothers brawled up the ramp, disappearing to the back!]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/JimDuggan.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/BigBubbaRogers.jpg

Another hard-hitting match here at the Clash of the Champions! The crowd was slightly into it as Rogers used some cheap tactics and yelled at the crowd. Duggan got the USA Chant going late in the bout and taped up his fist, slamming a punch into Big Bubba Rogers! Duggan made the cover and got the three count!

Winner: Jim Duggan

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/DiamondDallasPage.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/MarcMero.jpg

[We cut backstage really quickly, showing a brawl between Diamond Dallas Page and Johnny B. Badd! Page rams Badd's head into a table! Johnny fires back with a right hand, trying to back away and Page yells something at him about stealing his wife! Page kicks Badd in the gut --- DIAMOND CUTTER! He hit the Diamond Cutter on the floor! Page puts several more kicks in as wrestlers finally jump in to break things up.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/DeanMalenko.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/BrianPillman.jpg

It's a battle over the Horsemen spot. Or, moreso, over the fact that Dean Malenko took Pillman's Horsemen spot. Pillman acted erratic as he has been but also showed some good high flying moves. Malenko fired back with his brilliant technical wrestling skills. It took a cheap low blow by Pillman to get the pinfall victory over Malenko.

Winner: Brian Pillman

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/BookerT.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/StevieRay.jpg w/ http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/SherriMartel.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/LexLuger.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/Sting.jpg

WCW World Tag Team Titles Match

Harlem Heat defend vs. Sting and Lex Luger

A very good match between these two with Sister Sherri Martel playing a bit of a factor outside the ring. She interfered whenever she could to give Harlem Heat the advantage. Booker T nearly hit an Axe Kick but Luger moved out of the way and clotheslined him down! Tags were made on both sides and Sting took it to Stevie Ray. Several minutes later and Stevie got hit with the Stinger Splash, Sister Sherri was knocked off the apron and Sting hooked on the Scorpion Deathlock! Luger kept Booker T from interfering and we have NEW WCW World Tag Team Champions!

Winners: Sting and Lex Luger

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/HulkHogan.jpg

[backstage, Hulk Hogan is standing in front of an interview area.]

Hulk Hogan

"Listen up out there Hulkamaniacs! This is Hulk Hogan speaking, brothers, and tonight we're going to need the force of each and every one of you to beat one of the Horsemen, dudes! Arn Anderson, you and your buddies have attacked me again and again and tonight we go face-to-face, brother. Tonight, you only have one question to ask yourself, dude: whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when the power of Hulk Hogan and all these Hulkamaniacs run wild over you?!?!"

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/HulkHogan.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/ArnAnderson2.jpg

Your typical Hogan match, except that he and Anderson didn't have much chemistry and that hurt the bout. Hogan started strong and then Anderson gained the advantage and held it throughout much of the match. The power kickout by Hogan came after an Anderson Spinebuster and Hulk began his usual Hulk Up. He got the punches in and the Big Boot but he was stopped from the Legdrop by interference by Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit, causing a DQ!

Winner: Hulk Hogan

[The Horsemen came in and attacked Hogan. Anderson hit another Spinebuster and a DDT and Benoit locked in a Crossface while Malenko tied up his legs in the Texas Cloverleaf. Hogan was effectively taken out for the rest of the evening, right?]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/RicFlairIV.jpg vs. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/RandySavage1.jpg

WCW World Title Match

Ric Flair defends vs. Randy Savage

A video showing the history between these two came before they made their entrances alone. Ric didn't have the Horsemen and Savage didn't have Hogan, Sting or Luger. It's one on one....with bad chemistry

Flair opened the match with several chops to the chest of Savage but Savage fired back with rights and lefts enough to make Flair climb outside the ring and slow down the momentum of the Macho Man. Savage played to the crowd until Flair came back in. After a few botched spots, Flair took the advantage and for the next several minutes he was in control and working over Savage's knee. Flair went for the Figure Four early but Savage rolled him up: 1 -- 2 -- kickout!

Savage began to fire back on Flair, including knocking him out of the ring and hitting a double axehandle from the top turnbuckle to the outside of the ring! Savage showed some power by lifting up Flair and dropping him face-first into the guardrail. They returned to the ring where the match went back and forth until Flair drew referee Nick Patrick into the path of a Savage clothesline, taking out the referee! A double clothesline by Flair and Savage left them both down as well!

The crowd stirred with boos as The Giant came stomping down toward the ring alone! Flair and Savage were stirring and Flair got to his knees. He looked up toward The Giant with a smile as he pulled his way to his feet. He pointed toward Savage, yelling for The Giant to do it! The Giant reached down and grabbed the Macho Man by the throat! He slowly lifted Macho to his feet --- then let him go?!?!?!

THE GIANT GRABS RIC FLAIR BY THE THROAT!!!

CHOKESLAM! CHOKESLAM! CHOKESLAM!

The crowd cheers for The Giant as he turns and exits the ring! Savage goes to the top turnbuckle and sets up --- FLYING ELBOWDROP!!! Savage grabs the referee and brings him over and makes the cover:

3!!!

SAVAGE WINS! SAVAGE WINS!

Winner: Randy Savage

[Pomp And Circumstances begins to play in the background as Nick Patrick awards the WCW World Heavyweight Title to Randy 'Macho Man' Savage! The crowd cheers for him and then even louder as someone walks out from the back...

IT'S MISS ELIZABETH!!!

Savage drops down on his knees with the WCW World Title belt in his hands, tears streaming down his cheeks as Miss Elizabeth walks down to the ring and slides inside. She walks up to the Macho Man and they embrace! The Macho Man lifts her up and puts her on his shoulder and the two celebrate with a wonderful ending to the PPV!]

[OOC Note: I hope everyone enjoyed the Pay-Per-View! Comments/Suggestions/ETC. are always welcomed!]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/wcw96/WCWSaturdaynighttv.jpg

Quick Picks

The Giant vs. V.K. Wallstreet

Cruiserweight Title Tournament: Chris Jericho vs. Brian Pillman

Faces of Fear vs. The Nasty Boys

Cruiserweight Title Tournament: Joey Maggs vs. Eddy Guerrero

Arn Anderson vs. Jim Duggan

30 Minute Time Limit: Sting vs. Ric Flair

Honestly I was a bit shocked to see Savage win but I can't wait to see where you go with this...could become jealous and his jealousy lead to the NWO?

Quick Picks

NO CONTEST

I LOVE The Lionheart but his time has not yet come

MENG!.....nuff said

Eddy G all the way baby!

AA get the W on this day

Toughest match of the night to decide on...I say Flair gets the win and that sets him up for a rematch with "Macho Man"!

Archived