Cos everyone knows that a 630 splash, any kind of moonsault and half of moves the ROH performs conforms to realistic fighting! :p

While I can't say that I'm an expert on ROH by any means, I'd say that traditional and modern are their 2 main influences. Some pure should definitely be thrown in, but in terms of realistic wrestling (ie: Realism), I would make sure that WWE has a higher setting in that than ROH. ROH tries to put more emphasis on the athletic nature of their competitors, but that is honestly covered more by the modern setting in terms of the way it should be presented in TEW terms, as the in ring action itself is far from a realistic wrestling style (for many) as WWE is from being a pure wrestling promotion.

ROH dont have many flyers anymore and there main focus is on Danielson, McGuinness, Marufuji, Briscoes (who have toned down there style to be more brawl like for a possible heel turn), Jacobs, Black and Aries, all who use technical offence with Black, Aries and Mark Briscoe being the only guys who use any sort of 'crazy' high flying moves.

then there is Castagnoli, Strong, Albright, Hero, Shiozaki, Richards, El Generico and Steen but you dont tend to see as much spotty stuff anymore especially in the main event they tend to be brawls or technical matches but i would say they tend to lean towards a japanese style.

So i would tend to agree with Blackman ''A bunch of Tradition, with a LOT of Modern, some Pure, and High Realism.''

Add in alot of cult for there storylines and characters are more dark and grungy abit like ECW (Aries / Lacey / Jacobs) and (Delirious / Haze / Titus) for examples.

I think you have the wrong impression of ROH Derek B.

Using the Product Type vs. Wrestler Type Thread as the basis, you can figure out the product selections that would best suit ROH based on the wrestlers that excel there. For example, the most often pushed wrestlers in the company are junior wrestlers (Low Ki, Christopher Daniels, Bryan Danielson, The Briscoes), with added emphasis on technicians (Nigel McGuiness, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli) and puroresu style wrestlers (Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Roderick Strong, Homicide). Also, the fans are very vocal, so there would definitely be heavy emphasis on Cult. So, the product settings would include some mixture of the following:

Cult, Pure & Modern

Traditional would NOT be used (at least not in a medium or higher setting) as it goes against the use of cruiserweights and super juniors, which is 90% of the ROH roster. Ditto for Realism. So, in my estimation, the best product setting for ROH would be something along the lines of:

Key: Modern

Heavy: Cult, Pure

Medium or Low: Traditional, Comedy (see: Colt Cobana), Hyper Realism (the real-life product setting here might be closer to low levels of Realism, but for the type of wrestlers on the roster, Hyper Realism would be a better fit, as it favors the 3 main roster components)

Feel free to disagree, this is just my thoughts from the most logical angle I can take from an in-game standpoint.

Archived