Gaining popularity as a cult promotion

I am currently using the 2002 mod, and my promotion is TNA. TNA has in his hometown 48 popularity and around the rest of America something of 26. I tried to get ppv carriers and tv networks to carry my show. Point is they wont do it. Even the small networks. My question is how do i gain popularity and maybe get a tv show, without any form of pvv or tv broadcasting?

yeah the weekly ppv thing wont work at this stage alas. Maybe make a tiny ppv carrier in the editor and assign it to tna maybe that will work.

But that would be cheating. :p I think the problem here is just that the overall popularity isn't big enough. And with Cult you're going to lose a lot money if you haven't got a PPV deal.. So. You went to Cult way too fast/The mod is designed poorly.

Im playing the same mod, with TNA ... i hold shows in 3 places, Tri State, Mid South, South East ... 1 show per week (thursday weekly PPV, Very small carrier) (voom btw is the carrier who will accept u after 2 syndications of the above 3 regions).

I signed a 6 month deal with voom, at the end of it i should be in a position to get on a bigger PPV network for 6 more months before i try for TV (any size as long as it covers the majority of regions in the usa).

Ken Shamrock is my champion and will be untill i get a TV deal so he's in for a nice long run. And Rey Mysterio is the face of my company and X division champion. Im also buiding up Beer Money early ;)

Well, I'm approaching Cult with MAW based off three regions. I have a couple of hundred thousand in the bank, likely to be around $300k by the time I hit Cult in a year or so... Should I be looking to spread out to four or five regions and eat the loss for a spell?

The last time I went to Cult, I had $500,000.00 in the bank, plus good popularity in 3 areas and a national TV deal. Although it was close, I would have gone bankrupt but for using the editor.

If you cannot get a PPV deal, then you are reliant on your attendances to keep you afloat. I consider you need at least 1 region at C+ popularity as a minimum.

Not to hijack this topic but my question is within this same ideal and didn't want to start a brand new topic just to do so.

I'm running my own version of X-WA as a TNA'esque kind of promotion trying to rise up the ranks of the Cornellverse. I'm currently at the Cult level and my influence is D-'s across most of the country except a D in the Tri-State and the Mid-South.

Would it be smarter for a company like this to run a weekly PPV or try to get a TV show?

I know you don't really make a great return in TV since the networks tend to lock you in at 90% on both options. So, would I end up being better off financially running a weekly PPV? or would the fact that I was running a weekly PPV hurt overall ratings and in turn not make much money?

I have a lot of money in the bank but wanted to know what was a better idea.

Cheers.

The thing about running weekly shows reguardless of being PPV or TV is that you have to pay PPA contracts which starts to add up after awhile. I would say Just run a monthly PPV and maybe a couple non televised shows a month to gain the popularity...but thats just me

Archived