Something that's been bugging me.

I've done a lot of long term sim games, just to watch the world evolve and see what things change from game to game. One thing that I have noticed that really bugs me is ownership and head bookers.

Dig this: when you screw up as head booker and get fired or whatever, you loose status, and it makes it harder to get another job as a booker. Likewise with ownership. You open a company and it fails, and your status is gone. You'll be lucky if you ever find work again.

But for some reason, the AI controlled characters don't seem to have this problem. I frequently see someone like Phil Vibert getting removed from one promotion, only to be hired by a larger one, or sometimes even right back into the one he just lost. I once simmed two years, with Phil on my shortlist, just to see how many time he changed jobs. He was first hired by USPW, who fired him in six months, only to hire him back two months after that. When USPW died, he was picked up by TCW, who removed him after three months, only to put him back a month later. I've seen this happen with people like Haruki Kudo, Sam Keith, and Victoria Stone, just to name a few.

Now on the subject of ownership, if you open one and it dies, you can't open another one. But the AI doesn't seem to have this problem. I once saw The Highland Warrior drive MOSC straight into the ground, and within a month CWW opened up with him as owner. After three months of running that promotion into the ground, he was inactive for a month before taking over BPW. British Samurai does this a lot too.

Another random thought on a similar note is that when editing the database, you can't give workers more than one position of authority (i.e. head booker of WLW, owner of GCG) but during my last sim game Haruki Kudo was head booker and owner of Hinote Dojo (which I know is normal), and got hired as head booker for SAISHO.

Anyway, I'm done ranting.

Archived