Cracking Australia

In my SWF diary game, the only market that I'm not doing well in is Australia. I've actually dropped in popularity there, going from E- to F+ over the past few months. None of the PPV carriers will negotiate with me - I've requested a few times and they never enter negotiations. I have a number of my workers who have popularity in the D- to D range there, which is about as popular any workers are in the region.

At this point, I have PPV contracts everywhere else in the world and my TV shows are in a lot of markets as well. But I don't feel truly global with crappy popularity in Australia. Is it possible to crack the island? Any suggestions?

Now that you mention it, I don't think my house show curcuit was hitting Austrailia. Which would explain the drop in popularity. But that won't build anything.

I thought about holding a show there, even a one-off show. But with F+ popularity, its going to be a bad show. I've managed to use PPV deals, then TV deals to jump my popularity elsewhere. I was hoping the same approach could work in Austrailia, but I can't get that initial foothold with the PPV deal.

Do house shows in Australia and rely on your DVD sales (since you are global) to increase their popularity to 35ish before you can get a PPV or TV show there.

The reason you are losing popularity is because you dont visit Australia, hence the need of the house shows over there

Dont bother going there for a regular show ,it wont do you any good :)

Australia has no spillovers from other countries. Why waste time going there when you can have a house show.

Using a B show wont hurt your popularity and prestige wise, but the ratings will be bad and wont improve any popularity

Using an event could be more expensive than just running a house show

The push of Swoop McCarthy will be equivalent to the popularity of your home promotion which means he is a midcarder at most, you could manually push him in Australia but:D

Australia has no spillovers from other countries. Why waste time going there when you can have a house show.

Using a B show wont hurt your popularity and prestige wise, but the ratings will be bad and wont improve any popularity

Using an event could be more expensive than just running a house show

The push of Swoop McCarthy will be equivalent to the popularity of your home promotion which means he is a midcarder at most, you could manually push him in Australia but:D

House shows don't increase popularity though, only what you already have maintain it.

If he wants to increase his pop there he'll have to run shows over there. He's playing SWF, so the finances for it aren't going to be a problem, and so long as it's a non-PPV event it won't hurt his pop anywhere else.

Archived