Unified Tag Titles!

wilts

WWE Tag Titles have been held by Eddie Guerrero - end of discussion.

But they'll call it the WWE Unified Tag Team title, at a guess - as they did with the WWE/WCW belts for eight months or so in 2002.

I just hope that we get both sets of belts retained. WWE haven't come up with a new belt design I like since... 1998 :p And I remmber the WCW/NWA tag titles unification looked wickedly cool because the champs carried both sets of belts around with them.

Yeah I really hoped they would do this move altough they won't unify any singles titles aka the women's in the future. This way they can have cross brand tag teams. (Dam they stole my idea! done in TCW and a brand split TNA). It gives you more draft/brand mixing options while still keeping the tag teams alive. Plus as said before it will become an excellent way of exposing talent as they will appear cross brand.

I agree with a new belt design for many of the belts

But right no I highly doubt it because of the fact that the WWE is trying to cut cost, so a belt is expenditure, and a pretty hefty one from what I have heard

But I think they need a couple of design changes

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Titles/WWE_Tag-Team.jpg Smackdown

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/wwefan702/wwe-raw-tag.jpg Raw

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z83/joshlmendoza_2007/wwe%20titles/wwf_world_tag.jpg WWF titles (my personal Fav)

I do like the idea of Tag titles being unified, because right now the tag team division is very thin (Morrison and Miz, Colon Boyz, Festus and Jesse, Cryme Tyme, Hawkins and Ryder, and Legacy are the only ones I can think of right now)

But besides that they don't unify any titles

I laugh at JJReid.

Anyways I agree that the women's divisions need to be improved upon. Shimmer shows them up weekly and with Women's MMA gaining popularity, it'll only be time before we go back to the 90s of hot chicks and no talent.

Edit: As for the tag divisions [i didn't notice a second page] Tag Team wrestling is nowhere as it once was. I don't think it ever will be but unifying them are going one step close.

I was watching a show and it talked about why tag teams are not as huge as they were.

The idea is if a tag team is to get over huge it has to be big name people. RKO, DX,cena michales and so forth. There is so much time that has to be filled in wwe today it is hard to put two big name's in one segment.

I don't understand this logic to be honest but i do see what they are talking about. five hours a week is alot to fill. You only have so many top names so it is better to put two in a singles feud then four in a tag feud.

The problem is, the SmackDown tag division of late '02/early '03 gave the lie to that. They mixed and matched big and small names in tag and singles matches and everyone involved got over.

I guess you can only do that for so long, but even so, it made a star of Eddie Guerrero and boosted the profiles of Benoit, Edge and Mysterio.

Honestly, just giving the tag teams some time to build their characters would be good. Hawkins and Ryder are better wrestlers than Cryme Time, but have had no mic time in months so have no overness.

Hawkins and Ryder are better wrestlers than Cryme Time, but have had no mic time in months so have no overness.

Just have them wrestle dark matches against really old guys. Not only will they get small overness bumps, they'll also get psychology increases. The downside is the overness bump is only in the game area where you are holding the event.

I was watching a show and it talked about why tag teams are not as huge as they were.

The idea is if a tag team is to get over huge it has to be big name people. RKO, DX,cena michales and so forth. There is so much time that has to be filled in wwe today it is hard to put two big name's in one segment.

I don't understand this logic to be honest but i do see what they are talking about. five hours a week is alot to fill. You only have so many top names so it is better to put two in a singles feud then four in a tag feud.

They're talking bullcrap. Honestly, they just need to give attention to tag teams and that's it. Make them develop their characters. They have their heads shoved so far main-eventers' asses, giving them three segments per show. And not to mention the 65 replays of whatever they've done. The tag teams can get over, and have in the past. They(writers) just need to get off their butts and make it so.

Probably only Cryme Tyme and Mizorrison got exposure because one of them are the most marketable tag team in the WWE right now and the other are consistent hard workers. They should give all of them exposure. It's not that bad, five to ten minutes can do the job on a show.

That statement is total hogwash. Look at some of the best and most memorable tag teams ever... LOD, Midnights, Rock N Rolls, Edge and Christian, Dudleys, Hardys, Harlem Heat... none of them had absolute huge main event guys (Although some went on to Main Event) in the teams but yet they were super over.

The Tag Division in WWE today is simply pathetic.

They're talking bullcrap. Honestly, they just need to give attention to tag teams and that's it. Make them develop their characters. They have their heads shoved so far main-eventers' asses, giving them three segments per show. And not to mention the 65 replays of whatever they've done. The tag teams can get over, and have in the past. They(writers) just need to get off their butts and make it so.

With how main-event-centric the WWE's booking and focus is, they might as well just give each brand about 4-6 exclusive workers and compile the rest of the roster (midcard, tag teams & women) into one mass of talent that can work on all 3 brands. Apart from unifying the tag titles, dump the garish Divas title and put the US title to pasture... leaving each brand with one top title and voila.

As for Tag Team wrestling, it's just an afterthought in the WWE these days. I'm not sure why as history has shown that if enough attention is put into a true Tag Team division, then it can prove a draw. But hey, this is the same company that seems to believe male managers are also a waste of time despite employing some of the best in the business in the past.

As for mic time. Most lower level acts are lucky if they get enough time to even vaguely put their gimmick across. That's one of the few things TNA seems to trump the WWE at doing... at least they're able to get across a good portion of their characters. They're not always good or booked well, but at least I know something about them.

That statement is total hogwash. Look at some of the best and most memorable tag teams ever... LOD, Midnights, Rock N Rolls, Edge and Christian, Dudleys, Hardys, Harlem Heat... none of them had absolute huge main event guys (Although some went on to Main Event) in the teams but yet they were super over.

The Tag Division in WWE today is simply pathetic.

They were talking modern day wrestling. Most of the examples you gave are classic additude era teams.

Look at it like this, If you have fifty people on the roster and you have say two hours a week to fill. You can't get all fifty on single matches so you are going to have to have tag and six man matches. That is why i believe the freebirds where so huge. In todays enviroment you would never have alot of six man tag matches because you would be taking six men for one segment.

Archived