Unified Tag Titles!

wilts

Holy**** batman, can you say unified tag title?

Is this the beginning of the end for the draft? I know it is already announced for this year, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be dropped soon enough....

Do you think this will be the only title unification or will others follow suit soon? IC and US? Women and Divas?

I am curious how they will work this, title exclusive to 1 brand (of whoever wins) or kind of like the world title was when the split first happening with the champ being on both shows.

I don't think it means anything close to the end of the draft split. Personally I think we're going to see a 4th brand crop up before we see it go down to 1 again.

The 2 sets of tag belts have been fairly redundant for quite some time, particularly as Vince isn't a fan of tag team wrestling. If there was a decent amount of proper tag teams on each brand, they could have kept it up, but they're down to just Cryme Tyme, M&M2.0, The Colons and Priceless, so I think dropping down to one set of belts (or at least one set of champions) is a decent move.

I'd have them floating around the shows, like Miz & Morrison pretty much do already.

I would also only have one Women's title and either the Intercontinental or US Titles. You need a Main Event belt on each brand, but the lower card belts are too much for me to keep track of.

how about they unify all the titles and go back to having one brand?

Personally I'd hate to see it. I'm bored their top guys already. Imagine if they were on all 5 hours of TV a week? I like variety. Triple H only needs to be on one show a week.

Plus people will lose jobs, and I don't like that idea.

Honestly I think they should give up on the women's divison

1) TNA's girls wrestle much better matches then most WWE girls

2) It isn't really worth it anymore, nobody is truely excited when they hear about Diva matches anymore unless it's bra and panties and that's for the guys

But this is my take on it

Just because someone's better than you at something doesn't mean you should give up. Besides, Gail Kim was the best worker in TNA and she's jumped ship.

What Women's wrestling needs is better writing. Specifically someone who can create a number of distinctive personallities for female characters. Not just the same generic "Pretty babyface" and "Bitchy Heel". Wrasslin' in a male dominated industry, so it's not too surprising that the Divas and the Knockouts are very much from the Male perspective.

There's potential though. I may have to bring in more wimmin for my diary. See if I can come up with something.

... Wasn't this topic about tag titles? :D

personally i would like to see the Tag titles and the Women's titles unified with their other brands counter part, then have a similar situation to when we first saw the brand split, with champions appearing on all brands and taking challenges from anyone.

Only the Undisputed World Champion could show up on both brands with each brand taking turns to challenge for the title (Raw one month, Smackdown the next) the other titles were drafted with the superstars who held them.

Anyways The Tag Title should of been unified years ago when there were only like 3 teams in WWE. I really couldnt care less where they end up as long we get to see new and refreshing tag matches

Besides, Gail Kim was the best worker in TNA and she's jumped ship.

Incorrect! Melissa Anderson (aka Raisha Saeed) is the best worker in TNA, you just haven't seen them cut her loose. She's always been better than Gail. Kong is even better than you've seen her in TNA (she can do sentons, for example). Hell, Takako Inoue was once under contract for WWE but was released. Does that mean there's something wrong with her?

I haven't seen any improvement in WWE's diva product so I have to assume that's how they want it, which is sad. But each brand needs an opener title so that's where the divas come in, I guess.

Fair enough. I haven't seen too much Melissa, although I do remember one match in TNA where she was using the Cheerleader gimmick against... um... I wanna say Daizee Haze. It was a good match, and despite the fact that neither of the two characters had been seen before, the crowd got into it.

Sorta reminds me of the TJ Wilson/DJ Gabriel match last week on ECW. Two brand new people I'd never seen wrestle each other before... It excited me.

Fair enough. I haven't seen too much Melissa, although I do remember one match in TNA where she was using the Cheerleader gimmick against... um... I wanna say Daizee Haze. It was a good match, and despite the fact that neither of the two characters had been seen before, the crowd got into it.

Yup, it was Melissa-Daizee. That match was good, but it was still very restrained. Go pick up/rent some SHIMMER DVDs to see what they can really do. Or, heck, go full speed and find some AtoZ or M's Style DVDs when any of them have worked over there. For whatever reason, they're not allowed to go full-bore here in the States while it's expected of them in Japan. Mexico too, come to think of it (I've seen some awesome matches with Sarah "Dark Angel" Stock and Sara del Rey (aka American Angel)).

e⋅lab⋅o⋅rate   [adj. i-lab-er-it; v. i-lab-uh-reyt] Show IPA adjective, verb, -rat⋅ed, -rat⋅ing.

–adjective

1. worked out with great care and nicety of detail; executed with great minuteness: elaborate preparations; elaborate care.

2. marked by intricate and often excessive detail; complicated.

–verb (used with object)

3. to work out carefully or minutely; develop to perfection.

4. to add details to; expand.

5. to produce or develop by labor.

6. Physiology. to convert (food, plasma, etc.) by means of chemical processes into a substance more suitable for use within the body.

no offense but do you know how stupid this all sounds.

I know no offense means nothing but wtf.

JJ, please watch your behaviour on these forums - you seem to be trolling random topics with short posts, especially "what does this word mean" which you've done several times now. I don't know if you're doing it for a joke or you're just bored, but please stop it, it's not in keeping with this forum's standards.

Holy**** batman, can you say unified tag title?

Is this the beginning of the end for the draft? I know it is already announced for this year, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be dropped soon enough....

Do you think this will be the only title unification or will others follow suit soon? IC and US? Women and Divas?

I am curious how they will work this, title exclusive to 1 brand (of whoever wins) or kind of like the world title was when the split first happening with the champ being on both shows.

Let's hold our horses now. The tag title unification move was simply long overdue because they don't give two craps about tag team wrestling, it's just something which had to be done. I do see the women titles doing the same very soon, but the other belts definitely won't.

When it comes to the belts I simply wish the IC and US belts to be swapped between the Raw/SD brands. Would be cool.

Current 'official' tag teams:

M&M

Colons

Jessie & Festus

Priceless/Legacy

Cryme Tyme

Semi-Official Tag Teams

Punk & Kingston

Bourne & Rey

Um... who's been teaming up on Smackdown recently? Didn't Kendrick have someone he worked with?

Really not enough for two sets of titles... but I wonder if it's too much for a single set. Unless the plan is for the tag champs to work all the shows (which, in retrospect, should be a great way to take up-and-coming stars and get their names out there), it seems like there's be too many teams festering without a chance for a title shot.

Not every one of those should get a title shot though. In the first set, I'd probably leave out the Colons as viable at this time (though admittedly I haven't seen much of them) and semi-official teams shouldn't get the belts anyway. Because that takes away from the few official teams that should get the shot.

Not every one of those should get a title shot though. In the first set, I'd probably leave out the Colons as viable at this time (though admittedly I haven't seen much of them) and semi-official teams shouldn't get the belts anyway.

... you'd leave out one of the two teams who currently hold the belts as deserving of a title shot?

During a live edition of "The Dirt Sheet" on last night's episode of ECW, WWE Tag Team Champions Carlito & Primo Colon challenged World Tag Team Champions John Morrison & The Miz to a Unified WWE Tag Team Championship Match at WrestleMania XXV in Houston.

so clear that the WWE Tag Team titles is the ones that bites the dust here since the world tag team titles have a bigger history.

Just because they're holding them doesn't make them deserving of future shots though. The tag division suffers from what was happening to the cruiserweights. Ok, so Paul London or Shane Helms held the belt for 10 months or whatever it was. Because they were forgotten about. SD only really has the Colons & Jesse/Festus correct? By process of elimination, 1 of them has to get the belt. MNM had been floating around for who knows how long. And Raw only really had Cryme Tyme & Priceless. So when you combine the two sets, I would put the Colons at the bottom of the list (which is still way too short) of teams I would think are deserving a title shot. I see more entertainment value in the other permanent teams than I see in the Colons.

so clear that the WWE Tag Team titles is the ones that bites the dust here since the world tag team titles have a bigger history.

I have literally no idea which is which. Which one has the WCW history attached? Or is that just the... Which Main Event Belt has the WCW/NWA history on it?

Sod history. Which belt is shinier?

Archived