The best way in my opinion is to find a few characters you like and then start coming up with ideas based around them. Once you've gotten yourself a small hook on one person, you can explore further and further from there. If you've got any real world people that you really like I could probably point you in the direction of some similar guys in the Cornellverse and then find the right promotion for you to start with. Similarly, if you have a specific kind of promotion you like playing or size you like playing at I can point you in a direction from there. :)

Well if you usually play as WWE you could start a game as SWF, although starting as a smaller company might help you get to know the characters better. If you want to stay in the USA maybe have a look at FCW which is based in Puerto Rico, that's where I started out a while ago and had a lot of fun with a little game there.

I could take a guess, but it's still kinda hard to tell. You could've stolen them! :p

There's a guy called Rhino Umaga in the game, he's a Samoan guy with some pretty good skills and is available to begin with as I think he's only on a PPA deal... you could probably turn him into HHH if you wanted to. There isn't a direct counterpart to Austin or HHH to be honest, though I'd make arguments that Ricky Dale Johnson and Tommy Cornell (both main eventers in TCW) could easily be pushed like them if you wanted.

Naturally, if you are looking for a big sports entertainment company then the SWF are probably the first place to look at. They've got an array of entertainment driven wrestlers with guys like Christian Faith (perhaps your Austin), Vengeance (Undertaker?), Jack Bruce (Jericho) and Squeeky McClean (AWESOME with Dermot O'Logical in a stable ;)). Rich Money is like the Million Dollar Man, Remo is a lot like Brock Lesnar (IMO) and Brandon James is another high rolling city slicker who can do big things. And lets not forget, you've got the Eisen family who vaguely resemble the McMahons.

In short, the SWF would probably be a good place for you to start because then you can do a lot of things with them, and I've skimmed over their entire tag division and undercard too, which is packed with stars... and as the #1 promotion in the world, with your own child promotion, you can pretty much cherry pick the rest of the world for new stars. Seems like you might enjoy that as a way to get into the Cornellverse. :D

Brandon is Batista, if Batsista were to ever sell out. And when Brandon isn't a rich snob, he'd definitely be Batista, which makes me automatically dislike him.

You're like... wrong in 451 different ways, it's amazing. :p

Brandon is closer to someone like Monty Brown during his TNA days than he is to Batista. Even the gimmicks have been fairly similar, though Brandon's latest evolution is closer to Robert Roode... maybe he should be getting himself a drunk cowboy as a tag team partner to help make him awesome. :)

I could take a guess, but it's still kinda hard to tell. You could've stolen them! :p

There's a guy called Rhino Umaga in the game, he's a Samoan guy with some pretty good skills and is available to begin with as I think he's only on a PPA deal... you could probably turn him into HHH if you wanted to. There isn't a direct counterpart to Austin or HHH to be honest, though I'd make arguments that Ricky Dale Johnson and Tommy Cornell (both main eventers in TCW) could easily be pushed like them if you wanted.

Naturally, if you are looking for a big sports entertainment company then the SWF are probably the first place to look at. They've got an array of entertainment driven wrestlers with guys like Christian Faith (perhaps your Austin), Vengeance (Undertaker?), Jack Bruce (Jericho) and Squeeky McClean (AWESOME with Dermot O'Logical in a stable ;)). Rich Money is like the Million Dollar Man, Remo is a lot like Brock Lesnar (IMO) and Brandon James is another high rolling city slicker who can do big things. And lets not forget, you've got the Eisen family who vaguely resemble the McMahons.

In short, the SWF would probably be a good place for you to start because then you can do a lot of things with them, and I've skimmed over their entire tag division and undercard too, which is packed with stars... and as the #1 promotion in the world, with your own child promotion, you can pretty much cherry pick the rest of the world for new stars. Seems like you might enjoy that as a way to get into the Cornellverse. :D

Honestly, Steve Frehley is alot more like Lesnar. He's a big rookie powerhouse who burst onto the scene with a megapush, and his finishing move is the same thing as the F-5.

That's the beauty of the CornellVerse... No one is a direct representative of a real world worker. You can find elements, obviously, but beyond McMahon-Eisen and maybe Jim Force, there are few that you can truly say are "obviously" based on someone else.

Some ones that I find... For some reason, Samoan Machine reminds me of The Rock quite a bit. As well, Shooter Sean Deeley continually reminds me of Kurt Angle.

One thing you could try would be doing a "real world" storyline in a CornellVerse promotion. A NWO-ish invasion storyline would be an obvious one, and could be in SWF or TCW. You could bring in former DaVE workers and run with it in any number of directions. Spending some time with any CV promotion is likely going to result in you taking to a couple of the workers.

Honestly, Steve Frehley is alot more like Lesnar. He's a big rookie powerhouse who burst onto the scene with a megapush, and his finishing move is the same thing as the F-5.

The push is similar, but Remo has the look, athleticism, menace and similar level of charisma as I'd have Lesnar set at. Frehley has a lot of similarities though, I just think that stat-wise Remo is almost a clone of Lesnar. :)

But yeah, there are some obvious similarities but there are also a lot of subtle reflections too...

I think of Byron as HHH, but he's in Europe.

...But Byron as HHH? I've seen it mentioned before but I honestly still can't see it. Not even slightly. :p

Well there are many stars that have almost a real world counterpart like

Vengeance - Undertaker

Christian Faith - HHH/HBK

Jack Bruce - Jericho

Zimmy and Randy bumfhole - HardyZ

Tommy Cornell - this one is hard but because of the in and out of ring simmarlarities Kurt Angle (cornell, like kurt has a cousin who is just a more toned down version of him)

Demons of rage - Road warriors

also several workers have a pic which makes them like real wresters for example

Remmy Skye - Jeff Hardy

Alexander banks - Matt Hardy

Archived